Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 09:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Default Weigh in At Home 5/2 - 5/8

Hi all and welcome to a new week. I hope you all had good weekends. Mine was pretty good. Too much rushing around on Saturday, as usual. I'm looking forward to a weekend when we'll have nothing to do and nowhere to go. Unfortunately it's not going to happen for a couple of weeks at least. It's still really chilly here today, but the sun is shining. I've promised myself that I'm going to lace up my shoes and go for a walk later today.

Judy - I hope all is well with you.

Karen - Hope work is slowing down somewhat.
Old 05-02-2005, 01:58 PM   #2  

Well I did it. The sun went in. And I looked everywhere I could to find an excuse not to do it. And when my back was nagging me while doing dishes, I almost talked myself out of it. But I did it. I took my walk. I even used the fancy pants GPS odometer device John got me a couple of years ago. I'm pathetic - 22 minutes to walk 1.09. And my back was screaming "are you kidding me?" the whole way. But I did it and I'm glad I did. I just have to keep telling myself it's ok to start out small and work my up to longer and faster. And, I'm committing to 104 workouts by the end of the year.

Carla
Old 05-02-2005, 08:54 PM   #3  

Carla – YESSS!!!!!! Way to go on the walking and way to go on your commitment!! I am just so darned proud of you for NOT talking yourself out of it!!!! Congratulations on a great weigh in all things considered with the trip to PA. Considering the week I had last week (don’t ask – I went a little nuts) I will be thrilled with that result on Saturday (I didn’t weigh in last week).

As I said, I had a terrible week last week food-wise (I was good on the exercise front though). I don’t know if it was finishing up the school work or that it was Passover or it was PMS (probably all three) but I just had an “I just don’t give a hoot” attitude. It certainly has shown up on my sneak peeks and it got so bad that on Sunday I was almost back to my original weight way back – blech! I decided that was absolutely enough and so far haven’t done badly – even considering that this is Feed the Teacher Week, um, I mean Teacher Appreciation Week. Yup, you got it – food, food and more food everyday this week thanks to the PTA and the district. Today was Kudos to You (yup, kudos bars) but I ignored them. I think tomorrow is a breakfast – I’ll probably stop by but I just have too much to do – the teacher I’m with is going to be out at least another two weeks (aaarrggghhhh!) and today was crazy, crazy, crazy! At least this is the last week of grad classes (and I just have to give in my take-home final and go to class on Wed night) for a couple of weeks.

I’m bushed – I think I’m going to get a ff chocolate pudding, a glass of milk and relax – then it’s to bed as early as I can (being off last week, I stayed up way to late every night so when it came time to go to bed last night, I couldn’t!)

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 05-03-2005, 04:41 PM   #4  

Hi all.

Judy - Thank you ma'am, for your kind words. I'm trying to wrap my mind around getting up and out early tomorrow morning, since I won't have an opportunity to walk, at least by myself, the rest of the day. Your "feed the teacher" week made me chuckle, though I do understand it is incredibly difficult to stay on track when food is constantly in front of you. Don't you wish they'd take the money they spend on food and do something like hire someone to come in and do chair massages or something. Now that would make me feel appreciated. Congrats on ignoring the Kudo bars. I hear you on a "don't give a hoot" week. Most of my weeks have been like that lately. And I feel like garbage because of it. So I'm really going to marshall that motivation that got me outside and walking yesterday and apply it to having a really good, OP week. Of course, this weekend is going to present challenge upon challenge, but if I can at least muster 5 good days out of the week, I'll be way ahead of my game.

Today I just didn't have a chance to get out of the house for an early walk. I was toying with the idea of going with Ana after school, but I feel beyond tired right now. I'm drinking some diet coke, so if I perk up, I may get out after all. But I'd really rather go at my own pace, so I may table it for tomorrow. Eating today has been good and I have a decent dinner planned, so I'm looking to get a sensible eating day under my belt. I'm not looking forward to weigh-in tomorrow. I got my period yesterday and I'm still really retaining water. We'll see what I feel like in the morning.

Have a great evening everyone.

Carla
Old 05-04-2005, 10:02 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/139/140

Hi Gals!

Amazing what the difference in attitude from Monday and Wednesday. I didn't go overboard this weekend, but wasn't 100% either. I'm involved with three graduations (and one surprise b-day party) over the next couple of weeks. Been somewhat stressed, but got a new workout last week (urban rebounding) and really like it, so I stayed with the exercise over the weekend too. I got into a pair of slacks that looked like they were painted on last time I tried them. I'm wearing them today! Haven't lost any #'s, but the exercise must be paying off. I had a few slipups this weekend, but I did as you all say...get back with it and don't beat myself up.

Carla - wow, you really were determined to get with the program (no pun intended)! Know what you mean about the pedometer. I've actually shook it to see if it was really working.

Judy - I don't envy "Feed the Teacher Week" ha ha, I can stay on plan all weekend, but work is my big temptation. It's really hard to walk past the break room when you feel the forceful pull. So, just think of the benefits and how the exercise probably kept you more on track. Those Kudos are lethal and you're my inspiration this week for not eating them.

Have a good week girls. My hubby is going to be out of town next week, so I'm planning on hitting the exercise and staying 100% OP. Boy, what a positive attitude! We'll see how long it lasts!
Old 05-04-2005, 06:38 PM   #6  

Hi all.

Darl - Congrats on the looser-fitting pants! I actually have always been more pleased about clothes fitting when they previously didn't, smaller sizes, etc. than seeing pounds lost at the scale. Seems more tangible, somehow. And good for you for getting right back on track after a few slip-ups. What is urgan rebounding? Sounds interesting. You have a couple of challenging weeks coming up, what with all the parties. You'll do fine, I'm sure.

Weigh-in this morning was abyssmal. Eating ham for dinner when I was already retaining water wasn't my smartest move. So I'm not going to log/count this morning's weigh-in. I'll weigh-in again tomorrow and that's what I'll use. I was all set to get a walk in this afternoon. Ana has two different appointments on Wednesday's at the public school with about 45 minutes in between. I had to drive to the first one because by the time I make her lunch, etc. we're not left with a lot of time to walk it (even though it's only about 5 blocks), but my plan was to drive home after the first appointment and walk back for the 2nd. However, like all best laid plans.... Her class at her school actually went to the public school to perform (sing in French) for a 3rd grade class there. And then they went to play on the playground. So, I never made it back home after the first appointment. Tomorrow I'll get some exersize in for sure. Eating today has been good so far. I've made up my mind that I'm just going to have to white-knuckle it through the hunger pangs and cravings for the first couple of weeks until my body settles down.

Have a great evening.

Carla
Old 05-06-2005, 01:47 PM   #7  

A quick "hi" to everyone. The scale was up .04 yesterday - a lot better than the day before. I've been on track the past couple of days. I'm looking forward to a good weigh-in next week.

Have a great day and a terrific weekend.

Carla
Old 05-06-2005, 02:53 PM   #8  

A very quick "hi" to all - it's been a crazy week both eating wise (feed the teacher week got to me Wed and yesterday) and work-wise - right now the kids are making Mother's Day gifts. I hope to get on later tonight. I'm not going to get to weigh in tomorrow - we are going to AC - and I don't have to bring any school work!!! We're coming back Monday - I'm just going to try to be reasonable and do some kind of exercise.

Later for a longer post,
Judy
Closed Thread