100 lb. Club - Weekly Weigh in 5/2 to 5/8

View Full Version : Weekly Weigh in 5/2 to 5/8

treefrogtoes
05-02-2005, 07:45 AM
My moday started off right!

Down 2 pounds! Yipee!!!

Congrats to all the other 'losers' in advance! Have a super week!!!

willowgirl
05-02-2005, 08:03 AM
Same here, down 2lbs today! Only 12 more to go for my 199 goal!

BethC
05-02-2005, 08:04 AM
Hi everyone, I already posted on the Journal Buddy thread, but I'm so excited to be so close to my 10% goal.

I also lost 2 pounds last week!! It must a 2LB week!

Only 1.2 left to 10%, then I have to set my next intermediate goal. Also, I have 16lbs left on my Memorial Day goal, which seems like a lot in 4 weeks, but let's see how close I can get.

Have a good week eveyone!!

puff0518
05-02-2005, 11:17 AM
I'm down 1/2 pound this week. Not great, but better than gaining....

~~Sunshine~~
05-02-2005, 11:26 AM
I have lost 6 more lbs!! So far I have losy 21 lbs since March 25!! Woohoo!!

howie6267
05-02-2005, 12:24 PM
Great losses everyone. Sunshine you are doing awesome you will be under that 300 mark in no time. Keep up the great work everyone.

kclay61
05-02-2005, 04:03 PM
Down 3.5lbs :D

hautbois
05-02-2005, 07:48 PM
Wow, everyone is doing so well. Keep up the good work!

SuchAPrettyFace
05-02-2005, 10:49 PM
Congrats, losers!!! :cheers:

I am down 2 more pounds, 6 pounds total since April 11, the day I binged on Chinese @ lunch & had gutrot all nite til I got sick. (I never throw up. I had a 13-year streak at one point, like Jerry on Seinfeld)

Congrats everyone!! We can do this!

jkfla
05-03-2005, 08:23 AM
i'm climbing back on the wagon. this mornings weight... 273.2. i've been dragging and gaining since october. i've gained about 20 pounds since i quit this last time.

Sandi
05-03-2005, 08:40 AM
I lost 1 lb. Now I know I should be happy.

It's a step in the right direction...
It's not a gain...
It's 4 sticks of butter...
It all adds up...

:( But I'm not :(

This is only my 3rd week back on plan and at 314 I should be losing more. I will be tweaking my program this week for sure.

Sea
05-03-2005, 11:18 AM
Down 3 pounds! Exercising 6 x / week but it is paying off.

barbygirl43
05-03-2005, 11:30 AM
WTG on all the losses everyone.

WB Shelly. You can do this.

Sandi--I'm the same way as you. We all know that a pound is a pound is a pound but when you have lots and lots of those pounds to lose, it just feels like more of them should be going away at a time. Maybe your bod is just gearing up for a 5 pound loss for this week ;).

tkdkathy
05-03-2005, 11:56 AM
Good work, everyone. :) I lost half a stinking pound this week. I am SUCH a slow loser, darn it! It is hard to be happy with small losses, but it IS better than the alternative. Keep going, everyone!

Jillegal
05-03-2005, 12:01 PM
:stress: "I only lost a pound" :stress: Now, now, Miss Sandi. So you stayed on plan all week and for whatever reason (fluid retention, hormones, etc.) your body decided you should just have a healthy, reasonable weight loss this week. I bet you didn't whine those times in the past when you'd go overboard and by some freak of nature you lost weight, did you? :s:

Darlin' you're in this for the long run, right? You've been at it for 3 weeks - you've got many weeks to go and there will be 5lb. losses and 1/2lb. losses and most likely a gain or two. If you're expecting 2, 3, 4 lb. losses every week you're only setting yourself up for disappointment, putting unrealistic expectations on yourself and creating frustration. Not a good thing. :nono:

Change your post to this right now before I slap you upside the head!

"It's a step in the right direction...
It's not a gain...
It's 4 sticks of butter...
It all adds up...

:) Wow, I'm staying strong, losing weight and feeling great about it all! :)"

Don't start eating less thinking you'll lose more if you do (well, you can cut out a few flex points, if you wish). Just stay on plan and take it as it comes. Even if the scale doesn't ALWAYS reflect what you're doing, you'll be losing inches and adding years to your life! :yes:

Okay, I'm done.:soap: You know I luv ya, right? :angel:

P.S. You'd better not bring up the fact that I did my share of whining last year when I stayed totally on plan for 12 weeks and did not lose AN OUNCE! :D

DishyFishy
05-03-2005, 12:16 PM
Congrats to all the losers!

I lost 2 pounds. :)

Sheila53
05-03-2005, 02:09 PM
I think your new avatar should be a photo of you shaking your finger at us, Jilly. :lol: Great advice, as usual. I'm going to have to copy that post and read it during those many, many times that I lose "only" a pound or less.

PeachGirl
05-03-2005, 02:54 PM
Shelley - Welcome back, and that wagon is pretty hard to stay on sometimes, but it's important to keep going, even if you have a bad day or a bad month.

This week, I maintained at 230. I'm not upset by it tho, I had a wonderful weekend with my parents and alot of food, so a maintain is way better than a gain. :D

famograham
05-04-2005, 01:16 PM
I'm down two pounds this week :)

YAY! Everyone's doing so awesome!

Linda

SuchAPrettyFace
05-04-2005, 05:55 PM
I got on the scale after the gym today. 321!!! :D

Jillegal
05-04-2005, 06:01 PM
Good going, all you losers! :p

Hey SAPF.. I've been reading your "eats" over at the Journal Buddy Thread and seeing how well you're doing, so I figured you'd have a great result! :smug:

Keep it up, everyone! :cb:

ayashasky
05-04-2005, 06:17 PM
Hi, I joined the slimming club today so I'm hoping to post a positive result next week. I have 6 stone or 84 pounds to loose so its going to take a while. I'm thinking enviously of all of you have lost some weight already but hopefully I'm going to join your ranks!!

famograham
05-04-2005, 06:39 PM
Hi Ayashaski!
Welcome.
You don't need to feel jealous of me, I've only lost seven pounds so far.
I think there are quite a few people here who are just starting out, so don't feel bad whatever you do...not conducive to weight loss you know..;)

Again, welcome
We're happy to have you here :)

SuchAPrettyFace
05-05-2005, 12:33 AM
Hey SAPF.. I've been reading your "eats" over at the Journal Buddy Thread and seeing how well you're doing, so I figured you'd have a great result! :smug:Even though I don't measure the milk in my cereal? ;)

The funny thing is, I hate cereal. I don't like sweet in the AM, wont even add it to my coffee or tea. :censored: donuts, oatmeal, danish, cereal, pastries, etc. Give me steak & eggs & hash browns & toast. But the Kashi heart to heart is on sale 2/$5 starting tomorrow & I know I will buy some. :(

Welcome ayashaky!

Jillegal
05-05-2005, 12:50 AM
The funny thing is, I HATE breakfast, period. :shrug: Never ate it until I started Weight Watchers and had it drummed into me that you need to eat in the morning to rev up your metabolism. For years and years my breakfast consisted of :coffee: and :smoking:. It took at least 2 years to get used to eating before lunch and I started off with just whole wheat bread because I, too, don't like the sweet thing too early (wish I could hold that feeling throughout the day and night ;) ). Actually, I don't find Kashi Go Lean sweet at all, which is probably why I like it better than Crunch.

Can I admit something bad? I still wake up craving that damn cigarette with black coffee most mornings - but I know I can never go back (especially after 4-1/2 years smoke-free). That's one thing I find more difficult about losing weight over quitting smoking. Its possible to totally avoid cigarettes (and its pretty much socially unacceptable, anyway), while you HAVE to eat and most social occasions involve food. Ah well, all this is character building, right? :dizzy:

Welcome to the fold, Ayashaski. Post often and let us get to know you. If you're looking for support you've come to the right place! :)

DishyFishy
05-05-2005, 11:19 AM
Hello, Ayashasky. :wave:

I only started a couple of weeks ago myself. It's daunting looking at the whole amount I have to lose (over 7 stone) so I've set myself a mini goal to aim for.

The people here are lovely and friendly, with a wealth of knowledge and tips they're happy to share.

Good luck to you. :)

DishyFishy
05-05-2005, 11:42 AM
Can I admit something bad? I still wake up craving that damn cigarette with black coffee most mornings - but I know I can never go back (especially after 4-1/2 years smoke-free).
Congrats on stopping smoking and staying stopped. :high: That's the vice I really should work on next. I was smoking over 40 a day when I was in the UK and I'm proud of myself cutting back to the 5 a day I've been on since I came to Canada. I just haven't been able to stop those last few though.... :stress:

Jillegal
05-05-2005, 12:10 PM
Wow, Ali, down from 40 to 5 is quite an accomplishment! Its difficult to quit smoking and lose weight at the same time....so difficult that I didn't even attempt it! I quit smoking first and then started the lifestyle change. Problem was, I had so much more to lose because I gained so much while quitting (I'd "treat" myself to handfuls of Hershey Kisses and jellybeans instead of a cigarette when the cravings were so horrible - so much for being a treat, it just made me fatter than ever!) :(

The fact that you're already down to 5 and losing weight at the same time is marvelous darlin' - keep it up! :D

P.S. - Where in UK? I hail from Surrey, England.

DishyFishy
05-05-2005, 12:56 PM
Thanks, Jillegal. :) I actually stopped smoking completely when I came here 3 years ago but then I found out my mam had lung cancer and promptly started again (ironically) just 3 weeks later. It was a very stressful time and I went back to England to nurse her until she died. :( I haven't attempted to totally quit since.

I'm from Teesside in the north-east. :rain: I worked in Surrey for a while: Woking, Guildford, and a few other places. Pleased to meet you. :wave:

Jillegal
05-05-2005, 01:11 PM
Sorry about your mum. Yes, times of stress certainly can lead back to the wicked weed, even when we're seeing the consequences firsthand...

Oh yeah, Woking and Guildford are certainly familiar - originally from Croydon, myself. My son-in-law is from Birmingham. Now I have to ask where in this huge country you are (Toronto area here). Always glad to see a fellow Brit and Canuck here - these Americans are always trying to take over the board ;) :p

P.S. - I love you all! :D

Ivanna B. Skinny
05-05-2005, 02:08 PM
Smoking is my next vice to concour, too. I was up to 2 packs every 3 days, and have worked my way down to 1 pack per 3 days. Next step is to stretch it out to 4 days...so on and so on until can successfully quit.
OMG...these new smilies are soo cute...this on is my (almost) 2 year old daughter-------->> :tantrum:

DishyFishy
05-05-2005, 04:24 PM
I have memories of emptying the rack in Marks and Spencer in Croydon to stock up on knickers. I must've come away with about thirty pairs! :lol:

I'm in Edmonton now. It's the nicest city I've ever lived in, but I'm really a country lass at heart.

Gardenwife
05-06-2005, 03:37 PM
Hi, everyone. Good for you folks on cutting back both on pounds and on smoking -- you can do it all the way!

I lost a pound this week, happiness. :) My jeans arrived from Lanebryant.com today, and they fit! They're 20-tall, and far too long, but they fit great. I'm actually hoping they shrink a lot in length. Since the fashion's to wear bootcut jeans really long -- like dragging the ground -- I can probably wear regular womens rather than talls next time. That's a switch, for I normally have to buy talls. These were on clearance for $9.99 and struck while the iron was hot!

howie6267
05-06-2005, 09:03 PM
And looking mighty fine in those jeans I might add. :o ;)

I lost 2 more this week and now am somwhat safely in the 290's. 3 lbs I worry about the odd gain putting me back over but I've never gained over 5 in one week. Not that I plan on any gain but I still feel better the furthur in the 200's I get.

Gardenwife
05-06-2005, 10:02 PM
:D Howie! Yes, the switch from relaxed fit to bootcut is dramatic.

Jillegal
05-07-2005, 02:52 AM
Nice to see the whole family losing weight and looking good, Howie and Kimberlie!

Gardenwife
05-07-2005, 10:45 AM
Howie's and my mom have both lost weight, too. It's epidemic! :D