South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 07:41 AM   #1  
A Lily from my yard!

Default Daily Chat Mon. May 2, 05

Just startin us up! Very tired this morning! I think I need a nap. Those kids are exhausting! lol I need to go do all my pre-op stuff today at the hospital. Talk about putting it off. Actually more like forgot I had to do it. Now that soccer is over no more watchin the clock to go pick the girls up! WooHoo! lol DD's Australian currency is in at the bank and DH wants me to go pick it up but does not remember where the bank is so I should just call one and ask them which one handles foriegn currency cause we only have one branch that does! Duh-Huh! I guess I'll look like the dingy one! lol Well gotta get goin. Have a great day all!
Old 05-02-2005, 07:53 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Too funny about the bank, Bamie.
Have a great day, hon... be thinking about you at the hospital.

I'm off to see my psychiatrist. My meds are working so darned well, that I'm having trouble finding things to talk about.
Ruth will think of something...

I'm definitely coming down with something. You know when you can "feel" a cough/cold just waiting to emerge? It's been waiting for about five days now. Probably waiting for the time when I can't spare the time to be sick. You know.
Old 05-02-2005, 08:05 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Ellis, you got it from that darn sweet DH of yours. I hope it doesn't get any worse - in fact, I hope it goes away. I'll check my spell book for a cure. Better wear socks with thos Birkies today.

Oh, Bamie - too funny! I think I'd make your DH do the calling. When is your operation scheduled?

I am running really late this morning as I was due at the Greenhouse for 8. I somehow doubt that L. will dock my "pay" - maybe I'll get one less tomato plant for the garden. Harry sleeps too long on rainy days so that's my excuse.

I'll pop in later.
Old 05-02-2005, 08:42 AM   #4  
Workin' it!!

This morning certainly felt like a Monday... I really, really wanted to stay in bed. My BF's parents and sister came over last evening to do some work in this overgrowth patch out by the side lawn. His mom found some rose vines that she wants to save before the kudzu and other weedy items kill the vines. I can't believe the size of the vines for this kudzu stuff!! Some of them had to be almost 6 or more inches around - they looked more like small tree branches than vines!

I was disappointed that I didn't go to the gym on Saturday. I had forgotten that I was already committed to going to my BF's brother's graduation. Since my BF had to work and couldn't go, I was attending kinda in his place. The college is in a small town about an hour and a half away from where we live. We headed out at 11am and didn't get home until after 7:30pm because we also went out for supper. By the time I got home, all I wanted to do was crash and spend time with my puppy. I also watched Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone for about the 12th time. Very much a guilty pleasure evening - I also messed up and ate some regular ice cream. Not much - but shouldn't have had any to start with...

Going to do some work now - nothing like coming into work on a Monday to find out that one of your co-workers in your department is out sick... more work for me - YAY! (Note the sarcasm there...)

Later!
Old 05-02-2005, 09:32 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Height: 5'5"

Cool

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum, and I've been have some trouble finding a thread to get into.
But since I see some gals in this one that are basically in my neck of the woods I'll try this one!
I live in Bama, I'm 37, married for 18.5 yrs, have 4 teenagers, (almost 18 dtr, 16 dtr, 14 dtr, 14 son)
I'm on the South Beach Diet
just started it on Friday, so couldn't exactly tell you how it's going, not bad at all tho. Just can't wait to get finished with Phase 1!! this weekend was very busy so it was kinda rough, didn't get to exercise. My two older dtrs had prom on saturday night, so Saturday was spent getting hair done and everything else that goes along with it!
I am the only person in my house that's over weight, my husband tries to say he is, but he isn't! he just needs to firm up a bit, and all of my kids are slim. my 2nd daughter's prom dress was a size 0 if that's any indication!!! So needless to say I feel very out of place in my family! Especially around the in-laws...they're both slim. a yr or so ago, my DH had gotten a little thick around the middle, and his dad made fun of him! It infuriated me! but now, he's just right, and is working out.
We've been working out together for a couple of weeks at a Wellness Center. Tomorrow I'm going down there to get an evaluation on the TriFit machine...it'll monitor all of my progress. strength, weight, inches lost Everything. I'm not looking forward to having someone else measure me but....I'm gonna just have to bow up and do it!!
I'm about to go for a walk at my fav. track, it runs along the Tennessee River, and is very peaceful, I love to take a morning walk there with my pup. Well, hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 05-02-2005, 09:37 AM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Bamie, so sorry you are tired out...hope you can fit a nap in! Glad you have freer afternoons...I hate watching the clock! Is DD going to Australia? Wonder if the bank lists the branch with foreign money online so you don't have to call and look like the dingy one? What operation are you having? Pre-op can take forever...

Ooh, Ellis, do you have any ColdEase losenges? They work like a charm, and you want to take them when you are feeling like you are right now...the cold is hovering, waiting to strike. Get some sleep, drink water and tea, and take it easy, okay? I told DH not to breathe on you! At least he had the decency to wait until after your visit and until he feels better so he can take care of you! I'm so glad your meds are working well!!!

Ruth, have a blast at the greenhouse. Considering all you do, I doubt they'll dock a tomato plant. Maybe they'll make you drink from the hose?

Wow, Sassy, that kudzu is amazing stuff! One of my Southern friends posted some recipes from a kudzu cookbook on our bunny list. Apparently, you can cook the stuff after you yank it out. Wonder if it would be on the foods to enjoy list? Get that ice cream out of your house girl, so it doesn't tempt you!!! I know I couldn't last a second with real ice cream in my freezer. Heck, I have trouble resisting the SF stuff! Hope your work load isn't too bad!

Me:
Oy. That's all I can say. I binged like a crazy woman yesterday, and knowing I was starting Phase 1 today didn't help. Too much chocolate. Of course, the scale didn't move at all after that! I have no idea what's going on, but I'm really glad to be on Phase 1. All that stuff just made me sick and I knew better!

On a good note, I worked my tail off all weekend and I'm exhausted! We worked at a Habitat for Humanity work project on Saturday from 8-3. We were chaperoning a youth group from our church and putting up insulation along with carrying in huge sheets of wallboard. I got a great workout, especially for my arms! On Sunday, after grocery shopping, DH, the puppy, and I worked in the garden, putting down mulch and doing tons of weeding. How do the darn things grow so fast? I pulled up a ton of this plant that I'll have to describe in the garden thread. Weird weed that showed up last year.

Went to the gym this morning...slept in a bit, so I only got about 30 minutes in, but I have an hour of Jazzercise tonight, so I think that's okay.

Have a great day, Chickies!
Old 05-02-2005, 09:39 AM   #7  
Workin' it!!

Welcome, PHinsUP! I was definitely glad when Phase 1 was over - except for the part of the weighloss slowing down (although I know that it's usually better to lose slowly).

I'm hoping that my BF will also start following the diet - at least when he's eating around me. I figure that if he eats 3-5 SBD meals a week, then that is better than him eating what he normally does. He usually cooks for me and fixes things that I can eat, but then throws in something for himself that is off plan. I'm still holding out hope that I can get him to stop doing that.
Old 05-02-2005, 09:48 AM   #8  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Welcome, Phins! You've come to the right place!

We'd love to have you post a new thread with an introduction to yourself...you can feel free to cut and past what you've written here. That way, those chickies who don't visit the daily can still welcome you.

Visit the FAQ, and check out the recipes in the recipe forum. You'll find that even though your family is slim, if they aren't eating healthy, they can still have health issues. Eating the SBD way can be beneificial for your whole family! My DH lost ten pounds the first week of Phase 1 and moved right to Phase 3. He's kept it off, and his cholesterol and blood pressure have never looked better. It's a good thing.

Looking forward to seeing you around...your walk this morning sounds wonderful! Exercising is a great way to ensure that you keep your muscles and lose more fat.
Old 05-02-2005, 10:13 AM   #9  

Welcome, PHinsUP! That sounds like a beautiful place to walk. I hope your family will be as supportive of you as mine has been. My 7 year old now eats vegetables that he never thought of trying before. Everyone will eat the WW pasta, bread, and pita breads and Uncle Ben's Converted Rice so that makes phase 2 easy. I just eat extra veggies with mine and less of the starches. The key is finding OP (On Plan) foods that your family will eat.

Bamie - Sounds like you need a rest. Good luck with your tests.

Ellis - Take it easy. I hope you can avoid the cold.

Ruth - Have fun! I like to sleep in on rainy days to but I never get to.

Sassy - Get rid of that ice cream! I would never be able to resist it. I do keep some ice cream type snacks for my son but I make sure they are ones I don't like and I keep the SF fudgesicles for me (then he eats mine because he likes them better). Actually I haven't bought any off plan dessert type treats in a year since Brian prefers mine. Now I just need to get a regular kid to come eat up the old stuff so that I have more freezer room.

beachgal - Sounds like a very active weekend. The weight will start going down again (at least that is what I keep telling myself). I need to get some weeding done in my garden and mulch down before it gets too hot (and stays hot).

Me - I'm a little sunburnt from playing tennis yesterday but not too bad. I applied sunscreen twice and DH and Brian didn't at all and I'm the only one with red arms and neck. Oh, well, at least I got enough on to protect my face. My thighs are a bit sore between the tennis and all the squats at Powerflex on Saturday. But it is a good kind of sore. I don't know if I will be able to get to the gym today. Brian has gymnastics tonight and then there is the REACH fare where all of the projects that the Talented and Gifted kids in the school district have made will be showcased. It was a lot of fun last year but will mean a late dinner so I'm going to cook ahead of time and just reheat.
Old 05-02-2005, 10:27 AM   #10  
Workin' it!!

I would get rid of the ice cream, except it's my BF's!! Usually he likes flavors that I can't stand, but this time he accidentally bought something that sounded very good to me. I've asked him to go back to the stuff he knows that I don't like, if he insists on buying more ice cream... he's going to try!
Old 05-02-2005, 10:30 AM   #11  
GARDENING ADDICT

I just read all the weekend posts. Gotta go get another cup of coffe~be right back......
Old 05-02-2005, 10:56 AM   #12  
GARDENING ADDICT

PHinsUP~~Welcome to our little bit of the beach!!! I hope to see you here often That Wellness Center sounds great

Ruth and Ellis~~Your visit together sounded like it was so much fun.

Bamie~~I didn't know that you were going to have surgery. How did I miss that???

Sassy~~I know how hard it can be to resist those no-no foods when they're in the house. Stay strong, girl !!

Barb~~Boy, did you have an active weekend. You must be tired today.

Laurie~Post that weed on the garden thread. You've got me curious, now.

Me~Nothing special today. Just gonna putter around the house and yards
Old 05-02-2005, 11:05 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Height: 5'5"

Talking wow, what a warm welcome

Beach Gal, Barb, Sassygal, 2BFIT1

Thanks soo much for the warm welcome. I really appreciate it!
I do plan on dropping in often!!

I just got back from a 30 minute walk, it was really nice.

My family is awesome, they really never complain about what I fix for them to eat...they have always eaten their veggies and they all love salads.... I just usually opt out for the easy supper, like spaghetti or something like that..no more!!! last night we grilled burgers (sirloin) and they had them the regular way, and I ate just the burger with some light laughing cow cheese spread on it, and some sauteed (in smart balance spread) onions, peppers, & mushrooms over it with a slice of tomato...not bad and for lunch yesterday, I made a tuna salad for me, that was green leaf lettuce topped with albacore tuna, sliced onions, peppers, tomatos, kalamata olives, pepperoncini peppers, feta cheese and some home made dressing, for them, i just made regular tuna salad. The only complaints that I have from them, is I haven't bought any potato chips for them! And I won't let them eat all of my pistachios!!! But they love the huge 4 lb bag of baby carrots I got them!
Well, I'm off, gonna get another cup of coffee, shower and do some housework.
Old 05-02-2005, 11:09 AM   #14  

Height: 5'-2"

ugh. Just got back from my psychi appointment. (it was a good one)
I was going to say, "I'm as sick as a dog", but that would be so PI. Anyhow, I'm sick, and I'm going to bed.
Love you all...
Old 05-02-2005, 11:18 AM   #15  
Workin' it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis
ugh. Just got back from my psychi appointment. (it was a good one)
I was going to say, "I'm as sick as a dog", but that would be so PI. Anyhow, I'm sick, and I'm going to bed.
Love you all...
Feel better!!
Closed Thread