Support Groups - Home of the Loozing Floozies......(#34)

Sherry
05-02-2005, 12:49 AM
http://members.aol.com/SAbern1259/ang

Hello :wave:

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!

Sherry
05-02-2005, 12:51 AM

I have not died or ran away. I'll explain all tommorrow..It's late & I'm pooped. I have jury-duty starting tomorrow so if they don't lock me up ( :lol: ) I'll talk to ya'll then.

I really miss you all.........

ShelleyM
05-02-2005, 06:09 AM
Sherry-Can you please make a May exercise thread? Thank you!!

ShelleyM
05-02-2005, 06:11 AM
Hey-I ordered a Hoover Floormate yesterday. I'll let ya'll know how it works. I am just so tired of having to sweep, then vacuum, then mop my tile floors. I ordered it from Walmart.com. It was $135.00. It's the one with the rotating brushes. I certainly hope it does the job!

Sherry
05-03-2005, 08:10 AM
Happy Birthday To You...........Happy Birthday To You........Happy Birthday Dear GAYLE.........Happy Birthday To YOU!!!!!!!!! :gift: :balloons: :hat: :hb:

I hope you have a greattttttt day!!!!! Love & Miss you!!! :cool:

Carol101
05-03-2005, 09:03 AM
Good morning.

Just a quick note to tell you I am still alive. Like Gayle, I am helping to take care of an ill parent. A couple of weeks ago we signed my Dad onto Hospice. It is more a waiting game now. He has good days and bad days but I am spending as much time with my parents as I can.

Since I haven't been on the site for a long time and I haven't had time to read all the posts, I hope this find eveyone well and healthy.

Have a wonderful day!!!

Carol101
05-03-2005, 09:04 AM
Happy Birthday Gayle!!!

Deelite
05-03-2005, 02:21 PM
:gift: :dancer: :cb: :balloons: Happy Happy Birthday Gayle !!! :hb: :cb: :gift: :grouphug:

I hope that you have sometime to yourself to enjoy your day. I am thinking of you, Sweetie.

Deelite
05-03-2005, 02:23 PM
Shelley let me know how your Hoover Floormate works. I have been tempted to buy one. I might just be swayed into it.

Carol it is nice to see a post from you. I am glad that you are spending time with your parents. I hope and pray that they will improve or not have as many bad days.

ShelleyM
05-03-2005, 08:39 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAREST GAYLE!! :cb: :gift: :dancer: :queen: :cheer: :lucky: :balloons: :dance: :hat: :bravo: :hb: :jig:

DebbieA
05-03-2005, 10:31 PM
"Happy Birthday Gayle!!!"

:hb: :hb: :hb:
Hope you are having a wonderful day!!

Sherry
05-03-2005, 11:11 PM

I've had two headache days at jury-duty. But the good news: IT'S OVER!!!! It was a firearm case that was very distrubing. I don't know how you do it Ramona!!!!

I've got a sinus infection (I guess that's what it is...never really had one)..my ears hurt, eyes are watering and I have a bad cough. If it's not better in a couple of days I'll call my doctor and get some meds.

I went and tried on clothes last night. Not a pretty site! I'm sooooo depressed on how much I've gained.I can't seem to "get with it". That's one of the problems why I haven't posted a lot. Just really down in the dumps. I have NEVER had a stomach in my life and now it's getting HUGE!!! I looked horrible in my clothes. The 16's are too tight and the 18's are too big. I can't stand this!

Ok...enough of this self pity stuff.....It's GAYLE'S BIRTHDAY!! :hat: I hope you've had a wonderful day!

Carol....So good to see a post from you!

Going to take something for my head and go to bed.

I love & miss you all.....

ShelleyM
05-04-2005, 06:54 AM
Sherry-You know in your heart that now is the time that you need to post the most. You were doing so great on WW. Did you ever decide if the plan was the thing making you sick? I have been staying within my range-fluctuating 1-3 lbs. Yesterday I was so depressed because my weight was up 3 lbs, then I got my period, and today it's back down. This getting my period every 2 weeks is getting old real quick. Anyway, I was so ravenous, but didn't give in. I still have the chocolates on my desk, which I give away daily. I am thinking of cancelling WW online, my subscription expires the end of this month, but I'm not sure if I should or not. I am still counting points and know that once I quit, I start inching back up. I'll probably just stay online month to month. You know that once you are in the zone that you do great. Maybe right now isn't your time to be OP. Just try and watch it a bit more than you have been, and for goodness sake, check in here everyday!

Debbie and Sherry-When is school out for you? Our kid's last day is May 26. Things are so busy at school, but today we are going out to lunch for last week's secretary's day from the principal and AP. They are supposed to man the office from 11:45 to 1:00 today. Should be interesting.
Talk to you all later!

gdeann
05-04-2005, 10:45 AM
Good morning girls!!!! Thank you soooooooo verrrrryyyyyy muchhhhhhh for the birthday well wishes! Sorry I didn't post last night. I had a nice day, Liz took me out for lunch and Steve & I went out the evening before. Liz also gave me the prettiest little green glass carafe filled with a spring mixture of cut flowers. Steve was out of town for the night, Liz was working, so Ali and I just hung out in the evening after coming back from moms.

Mom is starting cardio therapy today, she is scared to death she will not do as well as expected and I also think she has a fear of another heart attack. Her therapy will last 12 weeks/3 days per week at our local hospital, they will monitor her heart at all times so if there is a problem.

My SIL's mom passed away, the funeral is tomorrow, I think mom will try to go with us. My SIL is the only child of the family and I think she will feel better knowing we are there. This has been a rough few months on our family, since mom's collapse, first mom, then Steve lost an uncle, we have an aunt (moms sister) declining rapidly, now Deanna's mom. It's the shits to get older!!!!

Sher, I am motivated again as of today!!! I had to go get a new drivers license and I didn't even recognize the face on my license because it is so fat!!!! I was slacking before and now with mom's illness, it has been an easy excuse to just grab and eat. NO MORE! We sound like we are about the same size, other then you have more height on you. PLEASE post daily and I will too...ok??? Actually, to be honest with you, I stopped posting as much here because I just didn't feel the motivation on our thread like what once was. Lets all try to get motivated again and stay OP!

Dee & Shelley, thank you so much for always being here and keeping us all in good spirits. I can always count on a posting from either of you even when the rest of us may be down in the dumps.

Carol, I am so, so sorry to hear about your father. I know you told us one time, but it slipped my mind, what is your fathers illness? Hospice is wonderful! They add a sense of calmness to a terrible situation. Remember they are there to help and to answer questions, no question is a silly one... I wish your father peace and pain free days and I will continue to pray for him and the rest of the family.

Ooops, I need to go! Sorry!!!!

Love, Gayle

bootwoman
05-04-2005, 11:00 PM
Gayle, I'm so glad you had a nice birthday, and I'm glad you got my email...are you SURE you aren't 24???!!! I hope that the therapy helps your mother and that she gets stronger each week. Take care and get some rest.

Sherry, I know you are glad to have the jury duty over with. I would love to serve on a jury, unfortunately, I know too many people involved with the cases. I had the most horrible sexual abuse case the other day...a twelve year old...it really hit me hard. The mother was basically prostituting her daughter. I just wanted to take that child home with me and protect her from the world. I hope you are feeling better and that you will be 100 percent soon.

Shelley, have your folks settled in to their new place? Man, it sounds like Administrative Assistant's Day is never going to end for you! LOL My bosses still haven't taken me out, and to be honest, I think they've forgotten all about it. We are all still working on the bank robbery and they aren't thinking of much else.

Dee, is the weather getting better there? How are you feeling today? Are you happy about Dez moving back home???

Carol, I hope you are taking care of yourself. I know how difficult it is to take care of an ill parent. But Gayle is right, Hospice is a wonderful, wonderful organization. I honestly don't know what we would have done without them. They were our salvation. I'll be thinking about you.

Ben is moving to Oklahoma next week and Rick is going out to help him get settled. I don't have enough vacation days to go and also my brother's daughter is getting married. Rick will do anything to get out of going to a wedding!!! Anyway, I've been wanting him to paint the kitchen and living room and he keeps finding excuses, so while he's gone, I'm going to do it. I'll probably wish I had never started it, but at least I'll be too busy to eat!!! hahaha Also, it will help keep my mind off of Mother's Day. I miss my mother so very much. I have a new flower arrangement made to take to her and I've printed a message to leave on her marker. This is what it reads...

"If i had only known I'd never hear your voice again, I'd memorize each thing you ever said. And on those lonely nights I could think of them once more, keep your words alive inside my head. If I had only known I'd never hear your voice again. You were the treasure in my hand, you were the one who always stood beside me. So unaware, I foolishly believed that you would always be there. But then there came a day and I turned my head and you slipped away. If I had only known it was my last night by your side, I'd pray a miracle would stop the dawn. And when you'd smile at me I would look into your eyes and make sure you know my love for you goes on and on. If I had only known. The love I would have shown, if I had only known."

Take care everyone and hug your mothers extra tight.

ShelleyM
05-05-2005, 06:45 AM
Ramona-How beautiful. Your mother will love it. She will somehow know. God bless you.

gdeann
05-05-2005, 10:23 AM
Ramona, such a lovely message... your mom is still with you in your heart, thank goodness the two of you had a good relationship. We never truly know what it is like to lose a dear one we treasure until the time actually comes... then it is so much worse then we ever imagined. Bless you sweetie, you are a wonderful daughter.

Carol101
05-05-2005, 03:27 PM
Ramona: What a lovely sentiment. I believe your mother is smiling down on you daily!

Today the attorneys at my office took us out for a very nice luncheon at the "Country Club" for Administrative Day. It was a very nice time and the weather couldn't be better also. They also gave us each a hanging planter, very lovely.

Sherry & Gayle: The two of you sound like you are about the same size I am. I am 5'4" so it is hard to hid any extra pounds so it sure shows. I eat, eat, eat these days and have let myself go so horribly.. and OMG my clothes don't fit and I only have a few outfits I can squeeze myself into (size 18). (I refuse to buy any larger sizes). Maybe we can all jump back on this new WOL Plan and get back on track together! What do you say?

Shelley: How are your folks? Are they doing okay after their move? I am sure it is nice for you having them fairly close now. You sound like you keep a tight rein on your eating habits. Great Job!!

Sherry: I hope you are taking care of yourself. You have been sick so much this year. Please, Please take care of yourself. We all love you dearly!!

Debbie: How are things going your way? I keep hoping to make a trip to see you and Sherry, but with all the family stuff, I don't seem to get very far from home. I think of your often.

Dee: How are things with you? It is starting to warm up here a bit in Ohio (I hope it stays that way this time). Are you feeling okay these days?

I am writing this at work so I better sign out of here before I get into trouble. It is good to be back with all my friends again. I will be with my mom & dad spending the night tonight but hope to be back here again tomorrow.

Have a great night ladies.

Deelite
05-05-2005, 03:54 PM
Wow it is great to come here and read all the new posts.

Ramona what a special message. Did you write it yourself? It is beautiful. I will give my mom a big hug for you when I see her Mother's Day. Know that I will be praying for you to be touched by your Mother's spirt. How do you feel about Ben moving?

Gayle I don't remember if I commented to you about your friends picture that fell and your dream about her. I believe we are able to dwell with our friends and family in the after life. I am sure that she was sending you a message telling you that she is still with you. I hope that your mom does well with her treatments. I am sure that they will not pusher past her limit. You sure have had a tough time the last few months. My prayers are with your SIL. It has to be one of the toughest things to go through.

Sherry how are you feeling today? I was called to be interviewed for jury duty just after I had heart surgery. I was able to get out of it because of health reasons. I really wouldn't have wanted to go anyways. I am to emotional. I would have done it for my civil duty though. Sherry you need to get a plan and start feeling better about yourself. Why not do a food journal for now until you are feeling better. I find even if I am not trying to lose weight at the time if I have to be accountable for what I eat I eat less. Won't hurt giving it a try.

Shelley so how is that vacuum? Do you like it? Do you have big plans for Mother's Day? Are your parents happy with their new place?

Carol I am glad to see you have been posting lately. It sounds like you had a wonderful time at the luncheon. My back is still really bad, it is just as painful as before surgery. The good news is my leg works much better and I walk with only a slight limp. The only trouble I have is with stairs, hills, curbs etc.

Well I am going to have a little rest. I wasn't counting on posting but there was just so much to read today that I had to respond. Thanks to everyone that contributes here by posting and keeping us going.

ShelleyM
05-05-2005, 08:41 PM
Dee-I just received it today. It's wonderful! At first it wasn't sucking up the water to dry it, but I didn't have the tank on correctly. It takes time, because first you vacuum an area, then wet scrub, then wet pickup. But it's all with 1 machine, and no mop and bucket. I like my Swiffer wet jet, but I didn't like the way that it cleaned as well as this. This seems to do a great job. Well worth the $135.00 spent.

It's so nice to see a few posts today! It's been awhile since we've had so many different postings in 1 day.

I'm not sure what I want to do for my mom for Mother's Day. If I invite her and my dad over, then we'll have to invite evil MIL. I'm thinking about just going over to my parents for awhile and sending a card to MIL. I haven't even gotten her a card yet, so it may have to be a phone call. Of course not from me, but from Mike. LOL!!

My parents are settled in and adjusting well. We went to HomeGoods last Saturday and bought a small throw rug and a tall magnifying mirror. Would you believe the mirror was only $11.00? It was so nice that I went back and bought one for myself. The only thing is, when I looked in it I scared myself!! God, I am so wrinkled!!!

Carol-I guess I didn't realize that you are a legal secretary. It's nice that they took you out. Isn't it fun to get gifts from your bosses? I know what you mean about not being able to hide the lbs. when you are under 5'4". Every little ounce seems to show. But also, when it comes off, it shows quickly.

Well, all we need is a post from Sherry and Debbie, and it will be almost like old times! I sure do miss hearing from everyone everyday.

Doni- if you're reading this, why not let us know how you are doing? How is Catagan handling her womanhood??

Better go-dinner's calling.

bootwoman
05-05-2005, 11:39 PM
Just wanted to let you all know that I will be gone for a while. Rick's closest brother was killed today in an accident cutting a tree in North Carolina. We are waiting to hear about the arrangements now.

ShelleyM
05-06-2005, 06:46 AM
Oh Ramona! How awful. My prayers are with you and your family. Love to you all.

Sherry
05-06-2005, 08:33 AM
Oh Ramona.....I'm so sorry to hear about yours & your husbands loss of his Brother. How terrible! Please take care and give Rick an extra hug from me today. :angel:

gdeann
05-06-2005, 10:19 AM
Ramona, how very sad. Please give Rick my sympathy along with the rest of his family. I will say a special prayer for his family today. Please let me know if there is anything I can do.

Love, Gayle

Deelite
05-06-2005, 03:37 PM
Ramona my heart and prayers goes out to you, Rick and his family. What a tragedy. Will that change Ben's moving plans? What about your neices wedding, will you be able to attend?

Shelley I didn't realize that the vacuum also washed floors. Am I understanding right that you like it better than your swiffer wet? I really like the swiffer wet. I have all hardwood floors so I am sure this new vac of yours would work great. Did it clean everywhere or did you see that it missed alot of corners? Mother's Day has always been a big deal here. Larry treats me royally. Lots of presents and mucho pampering. we usually go out for brunch with my mom and family then if the weather is permitting me go to a park and then Larry makes me a gormet meal. My gifts are always pretty and special. We haven't seen Larry's mom on Mother's Day in years. We have issues with her and try to see her as least as possible. This year his sister is having a BBQ for her on sunday. We haven't decided if we are going. I don't want to but I left it in his hands. It is up to Larry to buy her a card or gift. She isn't my mom so I don't do it. In most cases he never does either. So I ask why do you have to get the card and gift for your MIL? I use to but I figured if he doesn't care enough for her why should I?

Well better run. Hope you all have a fairy tale mother's day.

ShelleyM
05-06-2005, 04:50 PM
Dee-Good point! Maybe I shouldn't be the one to get it.

This is called the Hoover Floormate. Go to www.hoover.com and you can see the different models. There is a better one than I have that I believe has some removable parts that might be able to get the corners better than this one. This is very slimline though, so it does a real good job up to the wall. The only room I had a problem with was the bath. The cabinets are a bit too low and the unit gets stuck underneath if I try to clean those edges. It did fine under the lower kitchen cabinets though.

Carol101
05-06-2005, 05:40 PM
I only have a minute but wanted to let you know I am thinking of all of you. I spent the night at my parents and was up all night so I am pretty tired right now.

Ramona: My heart goes out to your family at this time of your loss. My prayers are with you.

Diet out the window again today. I think that might be a good idea Dee about journaling even if I am not watching what I eat so closely. I may just have to give it a try. Thanks for the suggestion.

Gotta run for now, still at work, but I know I won't have time to post later.

Love & Hugs
Carol

Deelite
05-07-2005, 04:58 PM
Thanks Shelley for the info. I will check it out.

Carol as of monday I am going to start journaling again. I am just getting out of control again, eatting all the sweets I can.

Hope you all have a marvelous mother's day.

gdeann
05-07-2005, 05:12 PM
Perfect for mother's day! Thought I would share ~~ this is one of my favorites.

For those who are lucky to still be blessed with your Mom,
>this is beautiful. For those who aren't, this is even more beautiful.

> The young mother set her foot on the path of life.
>"Is this the long way?" she asked.
>
> And the guide said "Yes, and the way is hard, and you
>will be old before you reach the end of it. But the end will be better
>than the beginning."
>
> But the young mother was happy, and she would not
>believe that anything could be better than these years. So she played with
>her children, she fed them and bathed them, taught them how to tie their
>shoes and ride a bike, and reminded them to feed the dog and do their
>homework and brush their teeth. The sun shone on them and the young Mother
>cried, "Nothing will ever be lovelier than this."
>
> Then the nights came, and the storms and the path was
>sometimes dark, and the children shook with fear and cold, and the mother
>drew them close and covered them with her arms and the children said,
>"Mother, we are not afraid, for you are near, and no harm can come."
>
> And the morning came, and there was a hill ahead, and
>the children climbed and grew weary, and the mother was weary. But at all
>times she said to the children, a little patience and we are there."
>
> So the children climbed and as they climbed they
>learned to weather the storms. And with this, she gave them strength to
>face the world. Year after year she showed them compassion, understanding,
>hope, but most of all......unconditional love.
>
> And when they reached the top they said, "Mother, we
>would not have done it without you."
>
> The days went on, and the weeks and the months and the
>years, and the mother grew old and she became little and bent. But her
>children were tall and strong, and walked with courage. And the mother,
>when she lay down at night, looked up at the stars and said, "This is a
>better day than the last, for my children have learned so much and are now
>passing these traits on to their children."
>
> And when the way became rough for her, they lifted
>her, and gave her their strength, just as she had given them hers. One day
>they came to a hill, and beyond the hill they could see a shining road and
>golden gates flung wide.
>
> And Mother said: "I have reached the end of my
>journey. And now I know the end is better than the beginning, for my
>children can walk with dignity and pride, with their heads held high, and
>so can their children after them."
>
> And the children said, "You will always walk with us,
>Mother, even when you have gone through the gates."
>
> And they stood and watched her as she went on alone,
>and the gates closed after her.
>
> And they said: "We cannot see her, but she is with us
>still. A Mother is more than a memory. She is a living presence. Your
>Mother is always with you. She's the whisper of the leaves as you walk
>down the street, she's the smell of certain foods you remember, flowers you
>pick and perfume that she wore, she's the cool hand on your brow when
>you're not feeling well, she's your breath in the air on a cold winters
>day. She is the sound of the rain that lulls you to sleep, the colors of a
>rainbow, she is your birthday morning. Your Mother lives inside your
>laughter. And she's crystallized in every tear drop. A mother shows every
>emotion........ happiness, sadness, fear, jealousy, love, hate, anger,
>helplessness, excitement, joy, sorrow..... and all the while hoping and
>praying you will only know the good feelings in life. She's the place you
>came from, your first home, and she's the map you follow with every step
>you take. She's your first love, your first friend, even your first enemy,
>but nothing on earth can separate you. Not time, not space.......not even
>death.

coles
05-07-2005, 10:25 PM
Ramona, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. You are in my prayers.
It was so nice to see all the posts. I started posting a few months ago but I never seem to stay on program. I can lose 10 pounds and then gain it back twice as fast. I get so discouraged. I felt like such a failure I was encouraged that I was not alone.
I am having a problem with my hands. They are falling asleep at night and I wake up and have to shake them to get the feeling to return. I went to the doctor and he said carpal tunnel, but also did blood work. My thyroid was reading 9.8 when it is usually 4.5. I have had hypothyroidism for many years. It was totally controlled up until now. I hope this will explain why I've had such a struggle losing weight lately. It also could be the cause of my hands going to sleep. If it's not one thing it's something else. I hope everyone keeps posting and excouraging each other, it really does help.
Take care And HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY EVERYONE!!!
Janice

ShelleyM
05-08-2005, 07:50 AM
Gayle-What a beautiful message.

Janice-Keep posting, we'll keep you on track. I haven't noticed you on the exercise board lately. Is it because of the medical problem? Walking might help!

Happy Mother's Day to everyone. Love to all of you!

Sherry
05-08-2005, 11:55 AM
Happy Mother's Day!!!!:)

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!! We're going to KY to Mom & Dad's for a cookout. What are you doing?

Gayle...I beautiful poem.Thanks for sharing it.

ShelleyM
05-08-2005, 08:04 PM
I took my mom shopping today. We had a nice time. The girls and Mike gave me an Ultimate Pedicure at the place that I like. Also, Patty handed me a $20.00 bill, and Becky gave me a running top. I had a very nice day. How about everyone else? BTW, I called evil MIL and wished her a Happy Mother's Day, then handed the phone to Mike.

DebbieA
05-08-2005, 10:54 PM
Hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day!! :love:

All the girls in my family had a girls day out today. We ate lunch out together and the we all went to the broadway play Chicago playing in Nashville. We a a blast.
Ramona...Sorry for the lost in your family. How is Rick?
Gayle....Hope your Mom is doing better today. I'm sure your gave her an extra hug today.
Sherry...Hope you a good time at the cookout.
Shelley...The shopping trip sounds great.

Well after running around all weekend, I am just now doing laundry for next week.
Hope everyone has a great week. There is only 12 more days of school. :) :)
I'll make it!!
Hugs deb

gdeann
05-09-2005, 12:25 AM
I hope everyone had a nice mothers day. Liz gave me a goodie basket filled with a candle, brooch and lotions, Allison made me a cute picture and poem and Steve purchased more air-time for my cell phone. We made our rounds today to both of the mothers homes, it was a nice relaxing day.

I hope everyone is doing well... mom is starting cardio therapy three times a week now, I have a plan of action. While she is in the hospital for the 1-1.5 hours, I plan to walk around the hospital and the residentual area nearby. I will have my phone with me in case of an emergency. I've wanted to start walking again, but never enough time, hopefully this will work out.

We still have 14 days of school left here.

Carol101
05-10-2005, 08:42 AM
It sounds like everyone had a great Mother's Day. My kids came back late afternoon and we had a cookout. They did most of the work. We had a really nice time.

Janice, I understand completely about losing and then regaining. It is so frustrating. I have done it many, many time. It is time for me to get off that roller coaster. Hope you get all your medical woes under control so you can get back on tract.

Gayle: That is a great way to get your walking in. You go girl. Glad to hear your Mom can get out a bit now.

Dee: I am going to try journaling as of today. Then I too plan on getting back on track next week Monday. I have got to do something.

Debbie: A night out with the girls!!! and a broadway play.... ahhh sounds like paradise. I am glad you had tons of fun. What a wonderful present. How are you doing?

Sherry: How was the trip to Kentucky? Are the folks going okay? Are you feeling better?

Shelley: I love to shop... too bad my ankles won't allow it. But I still let my fingers do the "walking" on the computer.... I do a lot of my shopping that way!! I am glad you had a good time.

I have to finish getting ready for work now. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

:grouphug:
Carol

Deelite
05-10-2005, 12:21 PM
Aren't we lucky ladies. It sounds like we all have been spoiled for Mother's Day. Everyone one of us deserve it too!

It has been grey cool and rainning for the last five days. I can't wait til the sun comes out. Doesn't look like that will happen in the next week. :(

Well the laundry is calling my name again so I better run.

Sherry
05-10-2005, 03:51 PM

Sounds like everyone got spoiled on Mother's Day! WELL DESERVED!!! :cp:

Sunday night (Mother's Day) we got a phone call that they have taken Wayne's Dad to the hospital. We were at the hospital until 2:00am so I didn't work yesterday (stayed at hospital all day). His Dad had two mini stokes & has spots on his lungs which they ran the scope today for a biopsy.We don't know the results yet. He's 79 yrs. young and the sweetest man you'll ever meet. Please say a prayer for him.

Wayne has been real sick since Sunday too. I took today off work too and took him to the doctor. They did an xray and he has Pneumonia! :( So...2 shots and 3 prescriptions later, we're home. Needless to say...I'M WORN OUT! Can I come to your house and rest? ( :lol: )

I have been praying for everyone that has a sick loved one and medical problems themselves. Take care & give your loved ones a big hug.

On a good note: I have been doing great on eating for 3 days!!! :D I have decided that DIETS don't work for me so now I'm just trying to make good choices and eat a lot of salads and fruits. So far so good!

I went to my "yearly" exam on Friday. Last year I weighed 168 when I was there. I weighed 194 Friday. That's a big gain so I'm going to try hard this time!!!! Everyone else with me?

Got to go...Wayne just woke up and I need to get him to eat something.

All my love....

Deelite
05-10-2005, 06:37 PM
Sherry of course you know that you can count on me to pray for your FIL. Things sure have been rough in your neck of the woods. Come on over and I will pamper you and make you my famous chicken noodle soup. Now make sure you get some rest so that you don't get sick like the rest of them. Can I make one suggestion for you? Along with eatting well why not journal, it will make you more accountable for your choice. I believe I read somewhere that people that journaled that were not on diets lost weight. I started to journal this week again. I am up a couple of pounds and want to lose them.

Sherry
05-10-2005, 08:20 PM
Guess what Dee? I have been journaling!! :cheer: I have a book laying here that Debbie bought me one time and started writing everything that goes in my big mouth! :lol: Thanks for the idea!!! Also thanks for your prayers! :angel:

Carol...I'm so glad to see you back to posting!!! :cp:

Gayle...Hey babe'...How's your Mom? Are you taking care of GAYLE too?

Has anyone heard from Doni?

ShelleyM
05-11-2005, 06:54 AM
Sherry-I am praying for you FIL and Wayne. You have certainly been through quite a bit over the last couple of years. I still think journaling is the key also. That's why I stay online. I won't physically write things down, but I do type them in the WW online journal. My weight has been staying between 127-129 while I've been on maintenance, but then again I do keep journaling. I know if I stop, I will lose all control. I do forget to put down a few minor things, but all in all, I try to keep on top of it. Your fruits and salads sounds almost like the Core plan. Keep it up! You WILL lose. We all have our ups and downs with this weight battle--that's why we landed on this board and have found such wonderful friends!

Sherry
05-11-2005, 08:53 AM
STOP!!!!!!

Please Go To #35.............A New Thread Has Been Started!!! :cp: