Support Groups - Weighty Issues #27

View Full Version : Weighty Issues #27

melekalikimaka
05-01-2005, 11:45 AM
Welcome to the May edition of our Weighty Issues thread. We're a group of wonderful women from different walks of life (try saying that 3X fast! ) , spread out across the U.S. from the east coast to the west. We support each other through the highs and lows of every day life--it's not just about weight loss, it's about LIFE. If you have something to say or need a shoulder to cry on, come on in, grab chair and stay awhile. You'll be glad you did. :coffee:

melekalikimaka
05-01-2005, 12:07 PM
Happy Sunday girls and happy first day of May. I'm at my sister's house sneaking a post from her computer. I'm picking up my niece and we're heading over to the flea market, then to the water park later in the morning. My sis is still asleep and probably drooling on her pillow :lol:

My home computer sucks. I wasn't able to bring it in for repair yet but I've got it all disconnected and ready to go. I should be able to post tomorrow as I'll be back at work. I removed my weight tracker from my sig line since well, it was fluctuating so much that it was just a distraction. But here comes May and another attempt at "starting over". I did well over the first part of the week, but then fizzled out. I must say that a few OP days strung together have actually been a lot more than I've been doing in a while. So I have you guys to thank for that. Cherie, Julie, Angie.... everybody here who comes in with positive vibes that rub off. Thank you.

Oh yeah, I've been trying to get a cat trap from the humane society but they've always been "out". You have to put a $50 deposit to get one, and that's the only way they'll accept cats for free sterilization. I've been wanting to get the (not so little anymore) gray kitten fixed and we have another stray orange cat spraying all around the garage and on the car tires. I am going to trap the orange guy and turn him in. I finally bought my own cat trap off of ebay for around $60 including shipping. Since our house always seems to attract the neighborhood toms and nursing mommies (don't their owners feed them?!??!!!), I will be prepared to trap and turn in all the nuisance cats that come my way. Don't get me wrong, I love cats. But when these strange feral cats come and bully my own, and climb up on my brand new car and leave paw prints on my windshield and hood I am going to take action.

So enough rambling about me.....

Angie, I would confront that darn woman if she dared come back into the bakery again. What a perfect example she's setting for her children :rolleyes:. I went into a restaurant once and it actually had a little sign tacked up that read, Parents please watch your children. All unattended children will be cooked and eaten. :lol: Does Hansel and Gretel ring a bell? :lol:

Cherie, glad to hear your payroll snafu worked out. That must've been mega-stressful. Do you have a large bottle of Advil next to your desk like me? :lol: Good job on passing up the junk food while working under pressure.

Julie, did you get your house all spic and span? I know you did. Housecleaning is definitely exercise. Could be anywhere from cardio (going up and down stairs) to cardio and strength training (going up and down stairs with laundry baskets :lol: ) If I could send you some sun I would. It was so hot here yesterday. I'm guessing in the high 80's and not much of a breeze. I'll go catch some rays for ya today. My filipino blood is coming on strong...I'm turning a nice shade of brown :rolleyes:

Well, gotta get going...I hear my sis coming down the hall. Enjoy the rest of the weekend everybody!!!

angieME
05-01-2005, 01:08 PM
Hi everyone!! Yesterday was so hectic that I left early and didnt get home until 9 at night. I ended up eating out but I am doing well so far today. I still havent exercised a bit and I really dont see how I can even squeeze any in with this schedule.

I just looked on the websight that has the funeral home that we want and now they have reduced it down to 130,000.00!!! I am so going to lose that house because I cant sell mine.

jbbm
05-02-2005, 11:22 AM
Morning Girls

Just pulling us off of page two. I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Noelle thanks for sending some rays :), the weather is suppose to warm during the week. Yeah....I am so happy. I am so glad also it is a new month. A brand new fresh start. I hope your computer at home gets fixed soon. Otherwise we will talk while you are at work ;). I hope you catch your spraying cat!! I can't stand the smell of cat stuff.

Angie to bad you can't sell your home. I have not been excercising like I should either but aren't you excited the weather is going to get nice for us now? Maybe you could take a walk down the street if you get any down time. But it will probally pick up now. Heck I would put on a doughnut costume and walk up and down the street and sweat in it and drop some pounds :lol3:.

Cherie, how was your weekend? Did you get to spend sometime outside with your babes? I hope you had a good one. I had one of those yogurts this morning. I heard calcium is suppose to help pms, I hope it calms it. I wish I was one of those woman who just get and have no symptoms, oh well life.

Well enough babbling from me for now, I have some stuff to do. This weekend I will admit it was not a great eating weekend but I am so ready to get on a healthy eating schedule. Oh my mom had a little dinner party yesterday and I needed to bring the dessert, ugh, but I turned it into a positive and thought this is a good time to get some of my junk food out of here and bring it to share with other people. So I made one of my pies, a chocolate chip walnut cookie dough pie. Yes girls it was as good as it sounds. We had banana ice cream and a hot cup of coffee with it. It was absolute heaven. It was a hit!! I am glad the baking chocolate is out now so I don't have to make chocolate chip cookies!! Check back later on. Hi everyone.

PhotogirlTX
05-02-2005, 12:08 PM
Good Morning! Yes, I had a good weekend, not so great on the food and exercise part of it which is probably why I didn't show my face here this weekend, but overall, it was very enjoyable.

I vegged out on Friday night. I ate ok, stayed OP... just vegged. Saturday, after the girls and I cleaned up a bit, we went to the Nature Park and took our cameras. We took our lunch there (McDonalds's) and just spent a really nice afternoon walking around, letting her take pictures. Afterwards, we headed to the health food store where I picked up some steel cut oatmeal (still haven't tried it yet) and some No-Pudge Brownie Mix w/nonfat vanilla yogurt. Our next stop was at Petsmart where I let them get out and see all the animals they had up for adoption. I would love to have a pet again, but I know right now, I am doing better without one. We finally headed over to Wal-Mart, and I picked up a California Pizza Kitchen pizza and found some No Pudge fudgecicles. Girls and I came home... and I let them take a long bath (to play) in my tub, while I made dinner. Pizza was great, and I gave them one of the fudgecicles... they loved them. I had a bud light :D. Later that night, I tried out the brownies (there is a recipe for a single serving on the side) and MAN... they were awesome.

Yesterday, I tried to sleep in some, (oh.. forgot to tell you, on Saturday, my daughters woke me up with their lights, and tv and screaming at each other at 5:30 AM in the freakin' morning! I don't even get them up that early during the week, needless to say, the MEAN MOMMY came out, they went back to bed, and was still in it come 8:45AM when I finally got up and went to check on them.) The girls decided to make me breakfast, so I got some toast and OJ.. (they also tried to give me coco pebbles, but I told them the toast was enough). Silly me, decided to stay in bed and watch Les Girls on TCM (I LOVE Gene Kelly, and I hadn't seen this movie all the way through) before I got up. The night before, my living room and kitchen was clean. Everything vaccuumed and looking nice. I walk into the living room.. and it looked like a tornado had blown through. My living room floor had blankets and pillows and every single stuffed animal they owned all over the floor... (there were other toys.. but that was the big mess) the dining room and floor and kitchen had coco pebbles all over it... the butter and jelly were out... the OJ carton and emply milk carton were out... the dishes they used were everywhere.... Oh... Mom almost had a fit again... Within 15 minutes, they had it all cleaned up (I worked on the kitchen). Not a good way to wake up ..... It was also cold and rainy yesterday (as it is today), so we were not able to go out and ride bikes... So.. we spent a lazy day watching TV (I had TCM on all day... saw Gene Kelly, a little of Cary Grant, Watched Lover Come Back with Doris Day and Rock Hudson, sorta watched Swing Time with Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers) and the girls played on the computer, in their room, with the game cube.... and we cleaned off and on. I had to do minor surgery to my vaccuum because it quit working. Luckily I fixed it. (that just added to my stress a little, since the girls were already working on it too at that time).

Last night, Alan came over with dinner (baked ziti, breadsticks and a chocolate mousse cake with wine) and we watched Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy. My food yesterday was BAD.... and my stomach told me about it too..... all that greasy, oily food, and then a sugar dump with the mousse cake.... OY.....

So.. no, I didn't do any structured exercise... and not any really non structured.... but we did have a pretty nice weekend! Today, I am back on track, and will be back on the treadmill.

I lost 5 pounds last month. (probably more like three now, after my weekend). So I am hoping to do that or better this month.

OK.. I need to go back to work.. I came in late.... Oh... Julie.. your pie... OMG.. sounds so awesome.... I would ask for the recipe, but I would make it!

Angie.. good luck with you house... that sounds like a steal (the funeral home house). Maybe something good will happen soon! Sending out good vibes to sell your house!

Noelle.. thanks for starting up the new thread. I hope you get your computer fixed soon! Good luck catching those stray cats!!!

OK.. now I am back to work!

Cherie

jbbm
05-02-2005, 12:48 PM
Hi Cherie, your weekend sounds nice. I wish you were able to sleep in more though. I tried. But these two are so noisy I just got up. Haha....That is so sweet the girls made you breakfast. My are three and five so I don't think they would attempt that yet. Think of it as a early Mother's Day gift ;). I heard the No Pudge products are great. Brownies are one of my favorites and to make single servings for the four of us would be great. You know dh took the kids to the store on Sat. and I had the house vacuumed, cleaned, dusted, sinks scrubbed, windows cleaned and toys picked up. About a half hour after they were home it looked like I didn't do anything :lol:. I know how you feel. Btw great job on the five pound loss. You are doing wonderful, pat yourself on the back girl!! Your dinner with Alan sounds delish, and that was sweet of him. I know my stomach was not in the best shape last night after all the eating I did yesterday and I drank way to much coffee at my mom's so I couldn't fall asleep :dizzy:. Well off to make lunch.

Kempyd
05-02-2005, 06:57 PM
Hey guys. We had a wedding this weekend so I was out of order for a few days. Joe was in the wedding so we had to do all of the stuff as far as that end is concerned. He looked pretty good in the tux too. We didn't have a formal wedding so I really don't have any pics of him in a tux. I really like seeing him in one when he gets the chance.

Cherie I was addicted to those brownies last year. I don't think they are supposed to be eaten the way that I was doind it though. I would try not to eat the whole pan in one sitting.

Julie you should be donw here right now. The weather is awesome. I had the house open all day yesterday and I have the windows open right now. This is so unusual for us this time of year. I think the news said that we are 11 degrees below the normal for right now. So, I am making the most of it all I can.

Angie I hope that woman doesn't come back in to the store. I can't believe she would allow her kid to do that. My parents were so strict on that kind of stuff. I hope you get that house. It is really pretty and I think it would be cool to live in a house with a history. The house I grew up in was built on the old Spanish Trail. Pretty cool!

Noelle my sister gets all of the cats too. She is able to get them all fixed though. I think she has 8 right now. Crazy, huh? A few of them are getting up in age though so I don't think she will have 8 for long.

Well, I am still hungry after my little salad so I am going to see what I can find.

angieME
05-02-2005, 07:31 PM
Hi Guys!! I finally went and picked up a couple of cases of the New England Cupboard gourmet foods that I sent you all for Christmas so I can put it in the bakery. I got the pancake mixes,scones BB gingerbread,popovers,etc. We got some maple syrup to put in too. We are trying to get a little bit of stuff before the first big weekend comes up. With that all done, I put up a Please dont leave your children unattended sign to go along with it. I hope I dont look like a snot but I dont know what else to do. I guess the parents who actually make their kids mind shouldnt be offended. I hope.

Well....we got bagels in today. NOT GOOD for my diet. I had one earlier and I am planning to have one later. I will try to stay out of them after that though. I didnt gain anything with my little flub up Saturday so that is good. I am down 5 pounds from last week so I have to try not to ruin it.

Kempy, I think I am the crazy cat lady in our town. :lol: I have the four but my Mom is trying to mate her cat(himalayn/siamese mix) with her himalayan cat that disowned them. He is like my stray cat. He wont come home but he still hangs around the area. They found him about a mile down the road leaching off one of their neighbors. So if she has kittens I am getting one for my birthday. Sad aint I? :lol:

Today was Jack Russel day at the bakery. This lady I met the weekend I got Rebel(she saw me outside with him and did a uturn to come back. haha) well she came into the bakery and had hers in her blazer. She is such a cute one. Then when we were leaving there was a pickup out front and when we got outside a puppy JRT climbed up in the window to look at us. He was SO CUTE!!!!

Well, that is about all the excitement in my life right now.

Oh I have a funny story to tell you guys. My sister is seeing a guy that I graduated with well he was at her house and he likes her cat Bailey. he said "Where is Bailey? I like him he smells like lemons?" My sister started laughing and said "Sean if she is smelling like lemons then it means she just got done taking a **** because I have lemon scented cat litter. " I guess he was pretty grossed out. :lol: :rofl:

melekalikimaka
05-02-2005, 10:26 PM
Hey girls, been a busy day. It's cloudy gray and hot and muggy. Basically a depressing kind of day. I was lucky enough to have lunch w/Rick today though. I 'forgot' I was supposed to be eating OP and had 3/4 of a kim-chee (spicy korean style cabbage) burger. It tasted awesome :ink:. *sigh* All I can do is start again with my next meal. It hasn't sunk in yet, this "make healthy choices" every time you eat. I have to pull out my WW books and pamphlets and make it stick in my head. I think the only thing that will keep me OP is if I rejoin WW...I've been thinking about it ALOT so I guess that will be my next step. Michael's tuition payments stop for a month next month so I guess that would be as good a time as any to rejoin.

We went to the water park yesterday and it was fun. I'm such a chicken near the water but I actually went down a couple of water slides (ended in 3'6" deep) and a couple of wild flume rides where you careen down on an inflatable raft thing. I screamed like a maniac but had a good time.

Angie, bravo on those first 5 lbs! you rock girl. Ewww, that cat litter box story is gross but funny. Who knew the way to a man's heart is through scented cat litter? :lol: Man, this little cat we have he is such a good hunter. On Saturday morning he caught a rat and left it on the front door step. The head was gone but the tail and most of the body was there, the tail must've been at least a good 8" long :eek:
Oh almost forgot, don't know if you're a religious person or not, but I just read in a magazine somewhere that St. Joseph was the patron saint of realtors? or something like that. If you had a statue of him (i don't know if you have to have it in the yard or bury it in the yard...) your house would sell faster. Don't know how this myth came to be but maybe you could try it? :D

Cherie, I have 2 boxes of no-pudge in the pantry @ home. My sis pissed me off one day. I brought home at least a dozen boxes from Trader Joe's when I was in Vegas in March. I gave them out to my sisters who were watching their weight. The skinniest sister (who lives w/me) I gave her 2 boxes of regular truffle brownie mix. Well, she makes the regular brownie mix and everyone eats them. Then she takes 2 boxes of my no pudge and makes that. She used regular full fat plain yogurt. I told her, what's the use of using this mix if you're going to use full fat yogurt? I mean, the whole point of no-pudge is no fat right? :rolleyes: Then she has the nerve to complain that they taste like cr@p. Well yeah, they'll taste like crap if you just ate those specialty truffle brownies and you don't follow the directions about using ff vanilla yogurt. That girl, I dunno how I keep myself from strangling her sometimes, that skinny b*tch. :lol: Anyway, I like that the no-pudge has that single serving microwave recipe. :yes:

Julie, I swear you could sell your desserts. That pie sounded sinfully good. Smart move on feeding it to others to get the chocolate out of the house :yes: You could move near Angie and help her out w/her baking and shooing out those pesky mothers who don't watch their kids :lol: Did you see the news about Bo Bice over the weekend? His arrests for marijuana and cocaine possession a few years ago? I say, that's a typical rock'n'roller for you (not that I condone any of it)... At least he didn't lie about his past to the producers of AI and I hope this doesn't affect the outcome of anything. Who in America doesn't know of someone who hasn't been affected by drugs? I still think Bo rocks and deserves to at least be in the top 2.

Kempy, well hello! :wave: So did ya take lots and lots of pictures of your sweetie in his tux? I always love a man in uniform, even if he looks like a penguin :) I am the crazy cat lady in our neighborhood--I make all the calls to the Humane Society and trap and release cats whenever the need arises. Our house is slowly catching up to 8 cats. I think we're up to 6 now. I just found out that the same irresponsible clueless neighbors had ANOTHER litter of kittens last week. The other mama cat had 6 kittens, probably around 6 weeks old now. This new litter had 3 and this mama doesn't feed them so the other mama has to nurse them. I would love to jump over the fence and take all of them away from those stupid people. It just irritates me to no end that these cats are just breeding and breeding and the owners don't even provide food or water for them. THey come over to our house. The cats are lucky that there is a fresh water spring right behind the house so they can at leats drink water there. Sorry to ramble, rant and rave. I just feel like I've been away from here for a while and have a lot of meaningless things to say :lol:

Cal how are your students behaving w/summer vacation right around the bend? Any word on getting that new job at the other school? Hope you're doing well. pop in and say hi.

Everyone else, have a great evening. Be back tomorrow.

PhotogirlTX
05-03-2005, 09:26 AM
Good Morning everyone..... I am feeling like a slacker. I was going to exercise last night, but got caught up working on the security for my router and my laptop at home. By the time I finally fixed it, the Bachelor was almost over, and I was feeling REALLY lazy. So what do I do? I make a single serving of the brownies.. AND I raid the bag of Dortios. I don't think I went over my calories too much (It would have been by the dortios) so I think I am ok, but I should have exercised. That was the fourth day in a row I didn't do anything. Things will be different today.

Noelle.. the water park sounds like fun. The girls are dying to go swimming.. but it's been pretty cool here lately, and I can't seem to make them understand the water in the pool will be even COLDER. Hopefully by the end of the month, they will be out there.

Angie... EWWWWWWW about the cat story.. that is funny. Poor guy!

Kempy.... I can't wait to see pictures of your sweetie! I bet you two made a beautiful couple!

Cal.. how are you doing? School is almost out!

Julie.. you just wait.. you will be cleaning up the kitchen messes of your little ones soon, as they try to make you breakfast! :D It's nice, and they are such cuties.. I need to get over my feelings of its just easier (and quicker and cleaner) for MOM to do it all. I need to give them room to grow and experiment.

OK.. well, it's still cloudy and cool here today. Work wise, it's going to be fairly busy.. so I better get started.

Anyway.. I'll talk to you all later today!

Cherie

PhotogirlTX
05-03-2005, 01:05 PM
OK, I tried the Lean Cuisine Salmon w/Basil again, for the second time today for lunch. I really don't think I'll be having it again. There is a certain ICK factor eating it... that I realized the first time, but I was trying to give it a second chance. Still not sure what it was, but I have decided frozen diet meals and fish should not go together.

I caculated my calories for yesterday... I am trying to stay at 1300, well I went over it by about 250, so not so bad I don't think. Could have been worse. And it should have been better, but I'm not going to beat myself up over it.

Angie.... I was trying to think of something good to make for breakfast this weekend for the girls and I, and I realized I still had your blueberry pancake mix. I have already used all the maple syrup, over our french toast and buttermilk pancakes I make from time to time, but I still have the blueberry mix. So, Sunday, I think that is what I will do. Get up and make blueberry pancakes with sausage, OJ and Milk. YUM... that will be the perfect Mother's Day meal.

Julie... did you watch the bachelor last night? Did you listen to the girls limo statement after she didn't get the rose? Could anybody be more full of themselves? Geeze.. was glad to see her go, but the two that I figured would be in the final two are now gone. I wonder who he ends up with, and how long it lasts.

Amazing Race is on tonight.. should be exciting.. I hope R&A do well, but they are down to four couples.

OK.. guess I should be working. I am just distracted today... and not wanting to do what I need to do. That pretty much sums up the past four days! OK.. talk to you ladies later!

Cherie

jbbm
05-03-2005, 01:06 PM
Hi girls popping in for a quick minute. Kind of stressed ds was crying because he wanted to stay at school and have more fun :dizzy:. He is fine now. Just wants lunch. I will get personal in a bit.

PhotogirlTX
05-03-2005, 01:11 PM
awww Julie.. I hope DS is ok now. Something about big hugs and promises that he will be there tomorrow always helps! Oh.. and give him something GOOD for lunch! :D

PhotogirlTX
05-03-2005, 04:05 PM
So.. what is better.... avoiding the scale, living in denial, and making it easier to cave into temptation, meaning while I am feeling great, I am gaining weight.

OR

Watching the scale every day, having it determine my daily mood, yet fueling my motivation to keep working out (and part of the time being responsible for "what the ****" I'm gonna cheat cause its not working anyway).

I'm trying to figure it out. This week, I've been in a great mood, but I am over eating, not exercising and I am going to get a handle on that today....

Hmmmm

angieME
05-03-2005, 05:14 PM
Cherie, I am feeling the same way. I have been off since Saturday and I just cant force myself to just do it. I do know that I am so sick and tired of living my life around how much I weigh. I feel like so much less of a person like I am not worthy because I am fat. I know it is stupid but it totally defeats me getting on track in a sense because I figure....why bother. I wished I could just be Happy for once....fat or not.

melekalikimaka
05-03-2005, 07:29 PM
Hey girls. As if my life wasn't stressful enough...yesterday Rick got an invoice from a car rental company in Boise, ID saying that he rented a car on 4/21 thru 4/23. So yeah, he was never on the US mainland during that time and for that matter, we don't even use that company for car rentals. The address and phone # were both one digit off and there was a credit card # on the invoice that doesn't match with any that we have, past or present. So our first thought is that someone may have obtained a credit card fraudulently in his name and is using it to rent cars or services. Either that worse case scenario OR the rental clerk screwed up and put the rental under the wrong account??? Sounds far-fetched but I'm hoping that's what it is. But the red-flags for me are those incorrect address and phone number--just one digit off. So I put a fraud alert request in w/the credit bureaus and contacted the local police here, thinking about calling the Boise police since that's where the transaction occurred... I dunno, do you guys think I'm getting ahead of myself? I'm just kind of freaked out that this ID theft thing may be happening. Damn! :headache:

Julie/Kempy, great idea about Vegas. I'm all for it. Just tell me when :D
I don't know if I'm watching AI tonight...I'm sick and tired of those creepy/crappy performances from Serial Savol and he keeps staying in there! Who am I kidding, I know I'll be stuck to the boob tube tonight :lol: Thanks for the WW support, I may need an extra push to go and do it. Michael's school uniform shop is right next door to the center so I can't avoid going near it.

Angie, see? St. Joseph works miracles, go get one :yes: I have to say don't let your weight or size define who you are as a person. From what I know of you, you are a successful business woman, an awesome baker, mother, a good friend and listener and an animal lover. You are a great person to know in my book.

Cherie, even though you are taking in more calories, maybe that's what your body needs to trick it into dropping into the 140s? (Gosh what I would give to be in the 150's :rolleyes: :lol: ) Even though you caved the night before, you didn't in actuality really do that much damage. 250 is not bad at all. I agree w/ya though, I have that kind of mentality about being happy and just "being", rather than being a psycho about losing the weight and being grumpy about it. I'm speaking for me of course...the psycho part :)

Anywho, gotta get moving for now. I'll try and pop back in later. Have a good evening.

PhotogirlTX
05-04-2005, 10:19 AM
Finally, I had a decent day yesterday.... all except the very end... AFTER I did an hour on the treadmill.... My laptop quit working yesterday... and I was stressing.... and finally after I did my treadmill work, I had time to sit down and try to fix it, with Alan's help of course. Thankfully my desktop computer still works and we were able to chat via yahoo messenger.... anyway.... All I had to do was repair my Windows XP operating system, and that fixed it... but while I was trying to fix it, I was stressed, so I got out an ice cream bar. I should know better.. It was good though. 200 extra calories I didn't need however.

So.. today is Wednesday... it's another cool and cloudy, dreary day here. People are remember the the huge F5 tornado that hit here 6 years ago today.... it was BAD.. I remember driving up here from Texas a few weeks after it happened, and just to see the devestation.. they are still rebuilding today from that storm. Thankfully, I work for a weather company and I am right next door to the National Weather Service.. so I feel pretty safe.

OK.. well, nothing new is going on.. so I better get back to work! Talk to you a little later.

PhotogirlTX
05-04-2005, 10:20 AM
Oh.. and Noelle.... I think you are doing the right thing.. you can never be too safe. That sucks that your information got stolen. Hopefully it can be fixed without too much hassle.

melekalikimaka
05-04-2005, 02:25 PM
Happy Hump Day girls. I just got done with breakfast, Yoplait FF banana cream pie yogurt w/a sprinkle of Kashi Go-Lean crunch. I'm on the right track today. Michael got his first school yearbook yesterday. I can't believe he'll be done w/kindergarten at the end of the month! I have to go and register him for some kind of summer fun program while he's out of school. I don't want him driving my parents crazy for a month and a half. I've got a bunch of receipts to go through and some A/P to get out in the mail so it'll be a long and boring day for me.

Julie, the only part of Oprah I caught was when the doc was showing the normal kidney and aorta vs. the diseased one--showing the effects of what high blood pressure could do. That was freaky. It's an amazing thing the human body. Re: AI I missed all of the first half (I was re-watching Meet the Parents on DVD). Weird thing is that I thought Scott was actually pretty tolerable, and Vonzell was flat. They didn't say anything to her about it, she's so cute though, I hope her fans keep her in longer than Scott. Bo rocks as usual. He does look comfortable performing but I dunno, his 2nd song was a little flat in places. I hope he wins though. Get that country bumpkin out of there!

Cherie I can imagine what kind of destruction that tornado left behind. There are still places on Kauai which show the damage from Hurricane Iniki and that was on 9/11/92. Hope the weather perks up for ya. Glad you got your laptop fixed. I hate hate hate computer problems. I'm debating whether to have my home PC hard drive replaced and upgraded or just get a new one. I haven't called CompUSA about the repair yet. The new PC prices have gone way down and well, to update my old one may not make much sense. You're lucky to have a smart/handsome fixer-upper guy like Alan ;)

Have a good day everyone :wave:

Kempyd
05-04-2005, 03:20 PM
Hey guys. I just got finished cleaning the house. Joe has been in the garage all day pressure washing it. He wants to pain the floor with a special kind of paint. Whatever. I have no control over that man. :D

Cherie that is not a bad snakc to have. At least you stopped with one. That is usually my problem. I have to buy smaller servings of things b/c I will eat whatever is there. I just mindlessly sit and eat. I think we all feel the same about ourselves. I think the media has alot to do with it. I mean, look back b4 magazines really got big and lok at what women looed like back then. Now, we all feel that we need to look like the airbrushed models in the ads. It is hard to overcome.

Noelle have you called the car place yet? I don't think you over did anything. You can never be too safe on that front. I have had to get a few items off of my credit that didn't belong to me and one of them was an adress from a bad part of town. Now that kind of freaked me out.

Julie I love Bo. I think he will be the one to win. They always say how good his is and they never really have anything bad to say about him. Even Simon likes him. Are you going to watch that thing about Paula?

Angie whats up today? When do you guys usually start to see the tourists coming in? We don't really have a town like that so I think it would be kind of neat to be around that. I have heard about the Saint thingy too. I think you are supposed to bury it in the yard face down and then you house will sell. I wonder if that have something on the net about it.

Ok, I am nasty so I need to go take a shower. I know it is almost 2:30 but I have been really working my butt off. A shower was the last thing on my mind.

jbbm
05-04-2005, 09:36 PM
Good Evening Girls

Kempy I hope to watch the special on Paula tonight. I want Bo to win too.
What can I say about men and their pressure washers?? My dh has one too :lol:. The media is just terrible about women feel about their body....I mean how in the **** can Kelly Ripa weigh 106 pounds??

Noelle how sweet your little guy got a yearbook. Our baby boy's are growing up. I remember when he (mine) was like seven months old and all he ever wanted to do was cuddle and sleep in my arms. I remember the chubby little feet and thighs. God I miss those days :(. He was the cutest baby boy. And the same for my dd :). Okay now I got tears in my eyes. I am so not good with change. But anyway I know everyone thinks that they have the cutest ones :dizzy:. Ya know?? And they do!! I am proud of you for being on track today. Hugs sweetheart you can do it!! I believe in you.

Cherie and Angie I hope you girls had a good day at work. Talk to you soon. Have a great night everyone, thinking of all of you.

calnative
05-05-2005, 12:15 AM
Sorry I've been away. I have sooooo much going on right now. We have just over 4 weeks of school left (21 school days) and it's been really crazy. The kids are working on some projects and we're (the teachers) ready to go nuts. We have a Project Fair next Tuesday night and we're trying to have everything (students, projects, classrooms, etc) ready for parents to come see.
On Friday I am having all 4 wisdom teeth pulled. I decided to have all 4 at the same time because if only 2 come out and it hurts too bad, it will take me years to get the others done. Because of my episode with blood pressure and anxiety a few weeks (months?) ago, the doctor arranged for me to go to an oral surgeon so I can be put out completely. I've already had the consultation and the surgeon seems really nice. I know I'll be sore for awhile, but I'm taking advantage of the situation; I'm taking Friday off--and maybe Monday--and I've gotten some yogurt (the Dannon whipped) and some Slim Fast drinks (vanilla only--don't like the Strawberry or Chocolate). Maybe I'll drop a few pounds during the couple of days that I won't be able to eat anything. ;)
If I'm gone for a few days, that will be the reason. My niece is even taking Ashley for Friday night so I can rest. I asked the doctor if I'd be ok to go back to work on Monday and he said I should be, but that I'd still be sore, swollen, and probably a little crabby. I told him that I teach 7th grade; I enjoy being crabby!! :lol:
Hope everyone has a great rest of the week.

Cal

PhotogirlTX
05-05-2005, 09:46 AM
Good Morning everyone! Happy Cinco de Mayo! Wooo Hoooo... it's Mas Tequila time!

Yesterday afternoon, I don't know what I did, but between the time of turning off my computer here at work, and walking out the door, I got a catch in my shoulder blade. Oh it hurts.. I can barely turn my head. I tried to get Hannah to stand/sit on my back this morning, but nothing would pop back into place.. it just hurt more. So.. I guess I'll try to work it out today.

When I went to pick up the girls, I saw Hannah's two front teeth.. and they have been loose for a while, but last night they just looked a little freakish cause they were sliding down and turning. So, I told her we would have to get those out TONIGHT (meaning last night). After we got home, I told her to go sit on the couch and start wiggling, and turning it.. and I gave her a cold washcloth to bite down on. Finally, after about 30 minutes.... she got one to come out. She was so excited... but we still had another one. After dinner, I had her continue to work on it, and I tried, but of course it hurt and she really wouldn't let me near her mouth. I could see where it was just hanging on by some gum tissue and nerves.. but I could never get her to pull it hard enough. Then I tricked her a little. I told her that I was going to get some floss and tie it around the tooth and let her start to work with that. (Her first tooth, I put floss around it and pulled it and she didn't like that AT ALL). So once I did that.. I let her play with it a little... the floss came off, so I put it back on for her... on the third time the floss came off... I had her lay back in my lap and I put the floss around her tooth.. and crossed the ends... and...... YANKED.. OMG... she didn't like me for about 30 seconds... cause the tooth came out, the gum hurt and bled and it was just a shock. After I got her some salt water, it didn't hurt anymore, and we were able to joke around again... I got her laughing cause I made her say something on the TV... something like earth bender (it's a cartoon) and it came out with a lisp.... so when I started laughing, she started laughing and kept saying it. :-) so.. we have a snagglepuss little girl. She was SOOOOOOO proud... and the toothfairy left her $2.20 last night, so she was really excited!

Anyway.. not sure if this will work, but here is a picture of her last night... and one of Megan this past Saturday.

Cal..... it's great to hear from you again! Good luck on your wisdom teeth. I remember having that done. As long as you have someone to take care of you, drive you, make you milkshakes (those were AWESOME) and give you your pain medication, then you will be OK.

OK.. back to work now!

Cherie

ok.. it won't let me upload... my pictures are too big.. but go here and see if you can see them:

Hannah and Megan: http://us.f3.yahoofs.com/users/41cdb696z3a85e4b5/4772/__sr_/c780.jpg?phSkieCBY7uNgFWB

Hannah: http://us.f3.yahoofs.com/users/41cdb696z3a85e4b5/4772/__sr_/dcab.jpg?ph6aieCB_XBYgZMg

Megan: http://us.f3.yahoofs.com/users/41cdb696z3a85e4b5/4772/__sr_/1444.jpg?phiRieCBLEQ_YXmH

And if those don't work... look here: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cocogl/album?.dir=/4772&.src=ph&.tok=phVdM8CBSnUIeDWi

PhotogirlTX
05-05-2005, 02:58 PM
Hellooooo out there! :D I must be the only one around today. I am seriously jonesing for some chips and salsa.... and queso, and a margarita, and a beer... and fried apple pie... and all that yummy mexican food......

If I wasn't on a diet, this wouldn't matter so much.

OK.. back to work. Journal entries.. and trying to figure out when to send my munchkins to Texas in June... :D

Talk soon.

melekalikimaka
05-05-2005, 07:45 PM
Hey Cherie, you are not alone :lol: I've been cracking down and actually working today so I haven't had much time to post. I love those pics of your girls,they are so darling! Wow, 2 teeth at one time huh? That's cool! You did the same thing I did with the floss, my boy was complaining that it hurt but before he could say ouch the tooth was out :rolleyes:. Any plans for Cinco de Mayo? By this time you may already be indulging in a margarita.... man it's been along time for me since i've had one. Anyway, enjoy your evening!

Cal, good to hear from you. Good luck with your wisdom tooth extractions. I used to work in a dental office (general/prosthodontics/oral surgery/periodontics). I have to offer up some advice for post-op care--don't drink with a straw at all until you are well healed up. You may want to have ice packs ready to help minimize swelling (5 min on/5 min off, each side). Some docs provide them to you. You don't want to end up with a dry socket problem, very painful. The doc may give you an oral syringe that you can clean out the extraction sites with but don't go all gung ho with it. :) I'm not a doctor or nurse (but I used to play one on TV, just kidding). I worked with all the patients coming out post-op and gave them instruction. I think it's smart to get them all done at once to avoid chickening out. I had 2 done, then 1, then it took me another 2 years to get the last one out. Oh yeah, and for sure fill your prescription(s) before the surgery. Good luck and hope all goes swimmingly. :grouphug:
OK, I'll take my nurses cap off and put down the bullhorn :lol:

Hey to everyone else! :wave: Be back later on.

melekalikimaka
05-05-2005, 10:19 PM
OMG Julie, I almost forgot...are ya celebrating with me? Scot "the Serial Killer" Savol is gone. :dancer: Finally! I hope Bo wins BIG!!!!!! Did you get to watch that Paula Abdul thing? I didn't. Let me know what went down if you did. ;)

jbbm
05-06-2005, 03:42 PM
Hello just checking. Ds is feeling a little better, just gave him a warm bath just wanted to see if anyone was here :). Be back later on.

jbbm
05-06-2005, 04:08 PM
Its pouring here all of the sudden, I love it when that happens. Hopefully I will here some thunderstorms :), I like them during the day but not at night.
Well I am off again. I am going to really try and stay OP. Try, try and try some more trying :). I am going to go watch the down pour now. Bye for now.

melekalikimaka
05-06-2005, 05:54 PM
Hey everyone, HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!! :dance: I'm working my fingers to the bone...well, actually wearing down my acrylic fingernails :lol: I've been posting receipts and invoices all morning for about 3 hours straight. Does anyone have anything planned for Mom's day or is it a surprise? We're having a family brunch tomorrow morning, it's supposed to be all 23 of us, sisters w/spouses and kids. I hope to get away from everyone early and have some time for myself--haha, how's that for feeling like a mother?

Cal, thinking of you!! :grouphug: How'd it go? Wishing you a speedy recovery and lots of TLC.

Julie, sorry to hear about your poor DS. And all that time your spent on those yummy cupcakes. Oh well, sometimes sh*t happens, eh? I'm so glad he's feeling better now. Enjoy your rainy weather and maybe give him some extra cuddles. I get to feeling like you sometimes, just overwhelmed by everything and wanting to just cry. Sometimes you just gotta get it all out and let loose. I hate when I wake up with puffy eyes :lol: , it's a good thing I don't have to work with anyone during the day who has to look at me.

Cherie, did you sneak a day off on us? Hope you have a non-stressful day.

Angie, where ya hiding girl? Are you guys getting busy now?

Kempy, did Joe get your garage floor painted? I hope he's not like Rick where he starts a project and then leaves it hanging for weeks on end... and how's business for you?

Well, I'm off to Michael's school for an afternoon Mother's Day ice cream social thing. Where are my lactaid pills when I need them? Man if I'm gonna eat ice cream it'd better be Hagen Daaz or something worth blowing my calories on :devil: Take care everyone and if I can't pop in over the weekend, have a GREAT MOTHER'S DAY!!!! Pet's count on making ya mom's too. ;)

jbbm
05-06-2005, 07:45 PM
Noelle you are going to have to get those nails re-done!! Hahahahaha.....
I am not sure what is going for Mom's day yet. My mom may go out of town to see my step-grandmother. I will probally drop a gift off for her tomorrow though. Then we have to get MIL's present to her. I don't think it is bad at all you want time for yourself this weekend. We deserve it sometime or some how?? LOL. I had to laugh when you said waking up with puffy eyes. My eyelids were so puffy this morning I don't know how I would even put on my eye makeup this morning,LOL. I think it was because I was just tired and probally a few of those tears :lol:. Have fun at your brunch tomorrow!! It sounds like it is going to be fun and big. Also enjoy your ice cream!! I hope it is the good stuff!! Big Hugs you are such a good Mother!!

I finally made a healthy dinner tonight. Salmon, spinach salads, whipped crunchy topped sweet potatoes and water!! Hopefully to stay on track :crossed:.

Happy Mother's Day Angie, Kempy, Cherie, Cal and everyone else.

jbbm
05-06-2005, 10:26 PM
Good Night Girls

Hope to check in this weekend.

PhotogirlTX
05-08-2005, 02:09 PM
Happy Mother's Day everyone..... I hope you are having a great day with your families.

My day is ok.. same ole day I have everyday... I did get a nice little hand painted pot with a little plant in it from Hannah... but other than that, it's been like pulling teeth trying to get them to get along, to clean up their room etc. Would I be bad is saying I wish that for Mother's Day I didn't have to deal with my children? My perfect Mother's Day would be where I didn't have to be the mom all day long?

Anyway.. enough of that.... we had a good day yesterday... we went to the Oklahoma Memorial site. Here are some pictures I took. The first few are from last weekend and when Hannah's teeth came out, but after that... it's from yesterday.

http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeAMW7Jm3buGjCgA

We ended up going to my favorite pizza place afterwards, then rented a movie, (Lemony Snickett's Series of Unfortunate Events, that was an interesting movie, Jim Carrey is just plain evil), and I picked up stuff from the grocery store for today.

Today, I was going to make pancakes, but realized I forgot eggs yesterday.... so we had cinnamon rolls. Not quite as special, but they enjoyed them. I've got a turkey roast cooking right now and we will have some garlic mashed potatoes to go with it for lunch/dinner later. I'm in the process of cleaning the apartment... I've got about three loads of laundry I need to fold and hang up... but luckily, for the most part... everything is done. We may go to the park later, right now, I just don't feel up to it.

Tomorrow, I am getting back on track.. I took a weeks detour, the scenic route, and its time to get serious again.

I'll talk to you all soon.... if not later todayk, then tomorrow!

Happy Mom's Day!

Cherie

jbbm
05-08-2005, 03:57 PM
Cherie, btw I am with you I want to be back on track tomorrow ASAP. I have got to get into a swimsuit and all my shorts and tank tops and feel comfortable!! Should we do a water challenge this week?? Drink at least eight glasses a day?? Check back with you on that :). I am just so glad my period came today. I mean I feel terrible but now hopefully some of this water retention an headaches will go away along with the horrible cravings I have been having. Talk to you all soon.

jbbm
05-08-2005, 10:19 PM
Good Night Girls

jbbm
05-08-2005, 10:27 PM
Kempy btw miss ya. Hope you had a good Mother's Day with the girls. Hope you have time to check in this week. How is business going?

calnative
05-08-2005, 11:28 PM
Hello Ladies,

My trip to the dentist on Friday was not nearly as bad as I kept hearing it would be. I had all 4 wisdom teeth pulled and did not need any pain medication later. I did get the Rx, but I have not needed any of it. I've been really tired all weekend, but other than that, I feel great.

Julie: I guess we are cut from the same mold; you also said that you had no pain. I also had no swelling. My niece had one pulled on Thursday and she's still taking meds; I called her a wimp.

I hope everyone's Mother's Day was fun and exciting. Ashley and Daddy got me a dozen pink roses (although Ashley said they're only from her), and a card. Daddy got me a nice cake (which he and Ashley promptly ate 1/2) :lol:
Ashley also made me a nice card at school as well as a bookmark. Daddy took me down today and got me 2 new pairs of sunglasses. :cool: Summer's coming and they are definitely something I need. All in all a really restful and nice day. Of course, I still had to make breakfast, lunch, and dinner. :)

Cal

PhotogirlTX
05-09-2005, 09:31 AM
Good Morning! :-) Monday, and I'm back on track!

Julie... I've got my water here waiting for me... I will do that with you. Last week, I took off exercising, only did it once all week, but hopefully it helped my leg heal.. I had that pulled muscle and it has been hurting for over a month now. I can still feel it today, but its much better.

Julie and Cal.. your Mother's Day sounded wonderful. Mine ended up being better. The girl and I went to their school and they rode their bikes a little while I walked around their track for about 30 minutes. Then we came home, and it was pretty hot, so they wanted to go see how cold the pool was, so I let them change and off we went to the pool. Hannah didn't even try it out first... I turn around and next thing I know she is just jumping in... yeah.. it was cold.. but they stayed out for an hour in the pool. I stuck my foot in it, and it was INSANELY cold... but they are kids and they didn't mind.. they just LOVE swimming. So our pool is officially opened for the summer. That is where we will be spending most of our summer.

Alan came over last night to watch TV with me.. and brought chinese food from Pei Wei.. YUMMY! Hannah got up this morning and saw the chopsticks and was very impressed that Mommy uses those... she tried to pick up a piece of rice with them.. but of course she couldn't. I told her I would have to teach her how to use them soon.

OK.. well, I need to get to work.... I am back on track today.... so I hope everyone has a great Monday!

Cherie

jbbm
05-09-2005, 11:52 AM
Good Morning Girls

Cal I am glad everything went well with your wisdom teeth. It is not so bad for everyone. It sounds like you had a great mother's day. What nice gifts you got. I baked a cake last night but didn't eat it. It is in the fridge and h can eat it. The kids don't like the one I made, it is a peanut butter cup cake but they still have leftover cupcakes in the freezer and other goodies.

Cherie your mother's day sounds liked it turned out to be really nice. I bet it felt good to see your sweetheart at the end of the weekend. Isn't it amazing how kids just will swim in cold water? I fill up my kids pools and it is ice cold water and they just jump right in. That is really nice your building has a pool. They will have a blast. Do you have daycare set for them for the summer? I feel kind of stupid but I have hard time using chopsticks. Guess I don't eat enough chinese!! I have had 2 large cups of water all
ready. I hope your muscle heals soon.

Check back later. Still got sick kids. Ds has a pretty good cough, but it has gotten better since he got up. Dd has got a low grade temp and little cold symptoms. I want to move to Hawaii!!

PhotogirlTX
05-09-2005, 12:45 PM
Julie.. don't feel bad.. I am still very awkward with chopsticks... but I keep practicing. I never tried to use them before I started dating Alan, in fact there have been alot of things I have learned to do/eat/drink etc since I've met him. I can actually drink a beer without making that icky bitter beer face, I drink red wine now, and love it, I know the differences in corvettes and just alot more about car racing in general, I use chopsticks now, I have learned how to ski, I have seen California... just lots of stuff he has introduced me too. :D

I hope your little ones start to feel better soon. There is nothing worse than a sick baby. However, the cuddling they seem to want is priceless. I love that part.

Cal, glad you are doing so much better after your dentist appointment. I only used my pain meds for a day, so it wasn't too bad. Now hopefully your mouth will heal quickly!

Oh.. I am on my second jug of water.... This insulated cup holds about 4 cups of water, so I would say since this morning, I have drank a total of 5 cups so far. Not bad!

OK.. back to work. I shouldn't be procrastinating as much as I am today!

Cherie

jbbm
05-09-2005, 01:00 PM
Cherie, I am on number five too. Lets make it to eight today!! You know your Alan sounds like such an interesting man. Always wanting to do things and introducing you to such nice things. You are lucky to have guy like that. Well he is also very lucky to have a woman like you ;). You sure are right about the cuddling. That is what they want more than anything else. I just can't excercise, oh well. I am lucky I get to stay home and do that with them. Better enjoy it now, pretty soon our kids will be teenagers the way time goes by so fast.

PhotogirlTX
05-09-2005, 02:39 PM
OMG.... Guess what???? :D Alan just invited me to go to the United States Grand Prix in Indianapolis, IN to watch the Formula 1 race there in June!

Only bad thing.. it's the weekend of Father's Day. Here is my problem. The girls are going down to Texas to some friends house from June 3rd to June 18th. That was the day I was going to meet her halfway to pick up the girls. June 19th is Father's Day and Steven would have the girls all day (taking them to day care on Monday). He currently has Fridays and Sundays off. I have emailed Natalie to see if she would keep the girls a couple extra days and meet me on Tuesday, June 21st to pick up the girls.... but that is going to make Steven livid. I am going to suggest to him to go pick them up on Friday... FIND SOMEONE (this won't be my duty) to keep them on Saturday while he works (He works 1:30 PM to 10:30 PM) and then take them to day care on Monday, and we will leave a little early Sunday night after the race, so I can make sure I can pick them up on time Monday from daycare. Either way, he is going to be mad.... cause I am putting myself before the girls. Am I feeling gulity about this? No, not really. He hasn't paid any child support since August of last year, and all of last year I got $530.00 from him. I have made arrangements with Natalie for her to keep them for two weeks for me so I can get a break. With his work schedule, (and he will whine it's not his fault, its all he could find etc) he can't keep them very much at all. So I am not feeling guilty for wanting to jump on this chance and take this trip. I am waiting to hear back from Nat to see if she is willing to keep them a few extra days. ( I am sure she will).

Anyway.. I am soooooooooo excited!!!! Going to a Formula One race!!! I think I am the lucky one to have him in my life... :-)

I'll keep you posted.... am I being selfish? Keeping the girls away from him on Father's Day?

Cherie

Kempyd
05-09-2005, 05:41 PM
Hey guys. I have been busy as usual. We went to a Mexican Rest. on Thursday and it was packed. They never even sat us to eat. I think they forgot about us. Thankfully we had some friends with a table so about 8 of us sat at a table for 4 and chowed down. Saturday we had a crawfish boil at our neighbors house and then yesterday we had the family about 20 of us at our house for another crawfish boil. I think I am done with them for the year. I really dont even want to eat anymore. I think Joe has boiled about 1,000 lbs of crawfish this year. YIKES!!!!

Noelle the garage is still sitting waiting for him to paint the first coat. He has it all cleaned though. We have not had a free moment to think about it. I am hoping it will be done by next week. How is the cat situation?

Julie you are really getting the water in. Since I am not in the gym anymore I noticed that I don't drink enough water. I try but I have clients so I can't chug like I used to. Are the babies better yet?

Cal I have never had my teeth removed they came in straight. I am sooooo happy about that. The only probelm I have is a slight cross bite but that isn't even noticeable unless I point it out.

Cherie I remember those tooth days too. I used to love to pull mine out. I thought turning them aroudn was so funny. My mom hated that. Whatever happened with your ex and his illness? You probably said something but I don't remember.

I don't think I will be able to post again tonight. We are getting a new bed delivered tomorrow so we have to take down our old one and I think we are going to try to fit it into to spare bedroom. We got a King size this time so we need to make more room in our bedroom. We ened up buying one of those Temperpedic beds. When we bought it they gave us 2 free Temperpadic pillows and I have slept like I baby since. I am so ready for that bed. I hope it is as good as they say it is. I'll check in tomorrow.

melekalikimaka
05-09-2005, 05:57 PM
Hey girls, just got a minute to take a break. I hate Mondays. :mad: Mother's day brunch was nice, the restaurant was a bit crowded but my dad paid for everything. I got my mom a blouse and though I try to stay away from kitchen appliances, I got her a new iced-tea maker (they use that thing like gonzos). Rick, Michael and I went to the Pet Expo, Dave & Busters, then shopping afterwards.... Rick got me a bunch of dark chocolates (YUM!) and a simple gold chain for an old locket I had--that evil man, he's not helping me out much with the candies, but if I leave the choclates lying around the house they'll be gone in no time.

Cherie, that is so exciting!!! I think your ex shouldn't have a problem w/picking up the girls earlier than expected and arranging for a sitter for while he's a work...it's the least he can do eh? I mean you're the custodial parent and you don't even get a weekend off during the month. Gosh, Formula 1 racing? That sounds awesome. I've never been but I like to watch that stuff on TV. Rick and my BIL watched some races while in Vegas (and not that NASCAR stuff either) and they were like little kids at a carnival. I hope you said yes and go have some fun yourself!

Cal, glad you're doing fine w/your extractions. Are you back to work already? Glad you enjoyed your Mother's day.

Julie, glad you got a nice sweet gift from your little one for Mother's Day. You know what? I had to hold back tears when I sat in Michael's class when all the kids were reading their speeches..."my mom is special because..." I always get teary when I feel so proud of him and watch him hold his own. It's funny and frustrating at the same time to feel like that. I know you'll have those two sweeties back to normal in no time with all your TLC. I dunno about moving to Hawaii. It's been so freakin' hot here lately. It gets really muggy right before it rains so it's uncomfortable. But I guess you would take the heat just to get some sun huh? I'm glad my A/C is going strong.

So Angie, how was your Mother's Day weekend?

Kempy, any gifts from your girls? :) I am so jealous that your have a Tempurpedic! I always see the commercials and want to get one. I wanna sleep over at your house :lol: So what'd you pay for that thing? I really want to get a new bed soon as well, mines getting a little lumpy.

Oh, almost forgot. Remember I got that cat trap on Friday? Well that rotten little rascally kitten got trapped about 6 times already :rolleyes:, he keeps eating the bait and getting stuck. I tried to leave him in there longer and longer so he'll know not to go in it again, but it doesn't seem to be working. I had to put him in a kennel and have Rick re-bait the trap last night to catch that stinky orange tabby that sprays around the garage. Well, after putting the trap out, we caught him in less than 5 minutes! So already that trap is worth what I paid for it. Rick dropped that cat off at the pound this morning. He was totally wild, so much that i wouldn't even try to carry the trap, he was hissing and thrashing and just plain wild!

melekalikimaka
05-09-2005, 06:16 PM
Oh, I almost forgot. When I left for work I saw this tiny little (days old?) gray striped kitten near the curb at the neighbors house (the one's who let their cats breed uncontrollably). I stopped the car and checked on it, it was still breathing. I took the kitten and put him in a basket. It was so young the eyes weren't even all the way open yet. But he was kind of crawling around, but wasn't mewling or anything at all. He looked sickly. I didn't even bother to let the neighbors know, I just put him in the basket and gave it to Rick to take to the pound. The lady at the intake center said he was definitely sick and was too young to be away from it's mother. THey would just have to put him down. :( I felt really bad for the little guy but I know it was better for him to be put to sleep than to be put back in those horrid conditions next door. It's really weird though, because the kitten was upstairs, and the neighbors live downstairs. i'm kind of thinking the mom was trying to move him but let him behind? The girl next door said that one of the mama cats wasn't even bothering to feed her kittens so the other mama took over. So one little kitten out of it's misery...20+ more to go :rolleyes:

angieME
05-09-2005, 06:40 PM
Hi guys! My Mothers Day was good. Jay bought me a seafood dinner and the next morning Corey came home early from his grandparents house and cooked me breakfast(toast with jam that he bought for me, eggs and hashbrowns.) He is sweet. He served it to me in bed and than he climbed in and ate his with me. Brit and Alicia walked up to the flower shop on Friday and bought me a rose each with their own money. The cards were so cute. They were shocked that one rose cost $3.00 and a little pissed too. :lol: They wanted to get me some candy but were broke. :lol: Brit's card said: Happy Mothers Day Mommy. I hope you like the rose...it cost me enough!!($3.00) Love ya, Brittany. :lol: She also made me a bracelet with a charm on it.

Alicia's card said: Happy Mothers Day Mom. Nothing says I Love you like a $3.00 rose!! haha They are such little cheapies. :lol:

The day would have been perfect except we ran out of oil to heat the house and it was 43 degrees yesterday. Jay couldnt bleed the line so I said to **** with it and we all covered up for the night. :lol: Gotta love the Maine weather.

Noelle, That is so sad about the kitten, but you are right he is better off. So sad the way some people treat animals.

Julie, I hope your little ones get better soon.

Cal, I am glad your teeth didnt come out as hard as expected. I got put out for mine too. I am so scared of needles that I waited until it hurt so bad I HAD to get it out before I made the appointment and then I got lucky and found a surgeon whose secretary took pity on me and let me come in the next day. The doc was none too happy when he found out that I had never been before and never had xrays etc but he squeezed me in anyway. Best $500.00 I ever spent. :lol: I will have to have the other 3 done sometime in the future but they arent bothering me now.

Kempy, I miss talking to you all the time now. I am jealous. I want a king size bed too. :lol: We are hoping to get one this summer. Mickey and Rebel both sleep with us so it is a little crowded.

I made some scones this weekend for the bakery and everyone has been buying them right up. Whodathunk a scone would be such a good seller. I made chocolate chip with a chocolate glaze, a blueberry and a Citrus honey nut scone with lemon glaze. The tourists should really like them. The variations I can do on them are endless and they bake so fast.

That is about it for me. Well, I have to clean my bedroom up My FIL bought a new tv so he is letting us have their old(I think it is like a year old. :lol: ) Big Screen TV for dirt cheap. We dont need it but I figured it would come in handy if we could get the funeral home so the kids could have a room to themselves to hang out. So for now I throw it in my bedroom.

Talk to ya later

jbbm
05-10-2005, 11:24 AM
Good Morning Girls

Noelle your Mother's Day sounded really nice. Chocolates. Yum. And a chain, how nice. My dh got me a Home Depot gift certificate?? I thought he may do something more romantic but I get myself a new hammer or tool belt or drill now, just kidding.LOL. I know he means well but I will just settle for picking out some flowers to plant or a new lamp. He could have gotten me nothing at all :rolleyes:. Keep your A/C going and stay cool :cool:. Are you watching AI tonight?? Poor kitty btw, how sad. That was so nice of you to try and save it. You have such a big heart.

Angie your girls are to funny. You will have to show them those cards when they are older. How sweet of your son. Your day sounded great too. Scones I bet will sell great with the tourists. They go great with a cup of coffee. Your recipes sound great. You are right there are so many kinds you can make.

Cherie, what a sweetheart and how fun!! I agree with Noelle. It will work out. Another trip to look foward to, lucky you girl!! I hope your ex took the news okay and did not give you any trouble. Did you watch the Bach. tell all last night? I could not believe the Sarah girl. She just thinks she is the most beautiful thing in the world. I did not see all of it, was trying to get meds in my ds. Isn't it so hard, dh and I got it in. And it stayed in!! I have a hard time watching them take it, but it is for the best, I guess I am a total wimp.

Kempy I would love a king size bed. It sounds like you are all crawfished out!! I have never had them before. Would try them though. Sounds like you have been busy but a good busy. I hope everything keeps going well!! Keep them clients coming. About the kids dd is or seems better but ds is coughing his head off so I kept him home from school.

Check back later on.

PhotogirlTX
05-10-2005, 01:21 PM
Hey Everyone! I am here. I had payroll to run this morning, so I was a little busy! :-)

I still haven't talked to my ex about my trip, however, I did clear it with Natalie, the lady that is getting the girls for two weeks and she was fine with it. I also got it cleared through work and it's all approved, so I am REALLY excited!

Julie... the bachelor was funny last night. That girls is so dimwitted. Next week is the finale, then my guility pleasure will be over for a while.

Angie... your Mother's Day was awesome.. you have such a great family! And those scones sound delicious!! YUM!

Awwww Noelle... that poor kitty. That stuff just breaks my heart. I'm glad you had a great Mother's Day too.

Kempy... your bed sounds awesome! You will love it. Alan has one and he has seen a huge difference in how his back feels.

OK.. well, I need to get back to work. Since payroll is done, I am ready to play! :D However, I have a meeting at 1 so I guess I will have to wait til later...

Oh.. the girls went swimming again yesterday... I guess that is where I'll be every afternoon after work until end of August. They just LOVE to swim... but the water is sooooooo cold. KIDS... :D I might get into it in about a month!

Talk soon!

Cherie

Kempyd
05-10-2005, 03:33 PM
Well the bed is here! I still need to get the sheets on it though. I am so ready to sleep on it. We slept in the other room last night and I didn't sleep very well. I think I was excited about the new one.

Noelle we paid a little over $2600. That is tax too. They gave us 2 free pillows and a king frame for free. Since we don't have the bed from with the head and foot boards we needed something to set the bed on. I don't think it is that bad since the thing has a 20 year warranty on it. At least we wont need to think about another bed until we are 50. :D That is sweet and sad about that kitten. Can you turn those people in to someone?

Angie I have never had a scone b4. Then again I don't drink coffee. It is a shame you are so far up there I would love to come sample everything you have. I loved the year you sent treats but at the same time I cursed you. :lol: I couldn't stay out of it. I bet I ate it all and Joe didn't even have a piece of anything. What is the latest on the house?

Cherie I wish we had a pool close by. I am such a summer person. even though I ***** every time I have to put my bathing suit on I still love the sun and surf. We are going to Destin this weekend as a matter of fact. I am soooooooo ready to see the beach.

Julie you should come down next spring and have some crawfish. Joe does really well with the boiling. I really do like them but I am just overstuffed with them right now. Don't think that the crawfish you get in a rest. is the same b/c it tastes totally different when you get them fresh. Plus the ones we get are huge.

Well, I had to post and run but I need to get changed to head to the gym. I think Joe and I are goignt o get a quick workout in this evening. I will try to post this evening. If not I'll chat tomorrow.

jbbm
05-10-2005, 03:50 PM
Hey girls just checking in.

Kempy I bet you will love your new bed. I just love getting a new one. Have fun breaking it in tonight with a good nights sleep. Did that sound bad??, breaking it in :o, you know what I mean :lol: ;). I would love to come on down for some!! I bet the ones are great by you and totally different than the ones in the restaurant. Have fun at the beach. I will be dreaming of going to one :). Have a great workout.

Cherie, glad you got things worked out Natalie and work. Thats great your little ones had fun in the pool again. They will sleep good at night!!

Hi everyone else. Gotta start thinking of what to have for dinner. Check back later if I have the time. Bye for now.

angieME
05-10-2005, 04:31 PM
Julie, You would love to come on down for some what???!!!!! :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl: hahaha.

I will check back later. I am supposed to be working right now but I had to post that. hehe

jbbm
05-10-2005, 05:21 PM
Angie you naughty thing :devil: :lol:, CRAWFISH!! You are a sassy girl :lol:!!

jbbm
05-10-2005, 08:38 PM
Hi girls

Just popping in. I hope everyone has had a nice day. I ended up making creamy chicken enchiladas, the recipe calls for shredded cheese baked in the oven. But the last two days the smell of cheese is making me sick(last night was chili with cheese). Me, can you believe that, the dairyland state?? I just ate a couple bites of the cheese and just ate the rest w/o. It is like I am feeling morning sickness but there is absolutley no way I could be, I am on the pill and dh is fixed. I hope I am not coming down with the kiddos stuff. Oh well enough about me.

I hope everyone has a restful and peaceful night. Going to watch the rest of AI. Bye for now.

jbbm
05-10-2005, 09:28 PM
Noelle if you pop in before bed here is an AI preview....Bo and Anthony did great. Carrie thumbs down. And Vonz. was crying and really emotional about something?? That is just my view on the whole show anyway ;).

melekalikimaka
05-10-2005, 10:48 PM
Thanks for the heads up! I had a whole long post but this wacky computer ate it. You do know that I had the same train of thought as Angie right? Re: the bed? :lol:

Be back later.

PhotogirlTX
05-11-2005, 09:41 AM
Good Morning Everyone! It's Wednesday... and I am ready for the weekend already.

Yesterday, right after I left work, I was in a hurry to get home and I was speeding... well, the police here decided to do a sting on this stretch of highway that I drive, and I was one of the lucky people who got to talk face to face with them. :D They had about 10 cars out... a few were clocking and the rest were taking names. Anyway... I got a ticket, for exceeding the speed limit. He didn't put a speed amount, saying this would keep me from getting points placed on my driving/insurance record, so I guess that was a lucky break... and I guess I do feel lucky, I speed all the time.. I don't know why, I just love driving fast.. and well, this is my first ticket in almost three years. Not bad. What did I do after I got back on the highway? Yep... sped. I should know better.

Last night after the girls went swimming, and we had dinner, I got on the treadmill and jogged for an hour while the Amazing Race was on. I got a little bummed last night realizing my reality TV will be ending come Monday. Surivior will be over on Sunday, and The Bachelor will be over on Monday. I have to wait til May 24th for Rob and Amber's Marriage.. then there will be NOTHING... well, until July when Big Brother comes one. Thankfully they air their show two or three times a week, so that will fill in nicely for the summer.

This morning, I finally made myself get up early, and I did 20 minutes on the treadmill. I turned on the TV and Denise Austin was on, I might have to get up and start doing her little show... I used to do her exercise programs 14 years ago before I got married, and I just really enjoyed it then. Might be a good way to start the morning.

Kempy.. How did that bed feel last night? Did you sleep like a baby?

Julie.. as usual, your dinner sounded great. Sorry to hear about the cheese... I love cheese too, and I am not sure how I would handle not being able to eat it.

Angie... how are things going with the house search?

Noelle, how is your computer situation going?

OK.. I need to get back to work.... I hope everyone has a great day.. I'll be back later!

Cherie

jbbm
05-11-2005, 11:20 AM
Good Morning Girls

Cherie, what a bummer about the ticket but I guess you are lucky in a way. You know I always kind of get bummed out when my favorite tv show ends. Like a reality ones. But now I guess it is summer so we can take some evening walks with our kids, huh :)?? Thats for the compliment on my dinner, it is so easy, a can of cream of chicken, about 1 1/2 cups of sour cream, a can of green chilies stir and heat those. then cooked chopped chicken breast, whole wheat or flour tortillas, cheese. Add the sauce chicken and a bit of cheese on the tortilla and roll. Top the rest of the dish the sauce after they are all rolled and add shredded cheese and bake. Garnish with sour cream, guac., salsa, taco sauce, lettuce and chips.

Kempy, Angie, Noelle, I feel really stupid about the bed thing. I guess I just type so fast and don't think?? Haha....you guys got me on that too.
If we ever go down by Kemp I will try the crawfish but not the BED :lol: :lol:!!

Check back later.

jbbm
05-11-2005, 11:23 AM
Oh Noelle who do you think will be going home on AI tonight?? I think it may be Vonz. Maybe people felt sorry for her crying though, I don't know. It will be a good show tonight. Have a great day everyone.

melekalikimaka
05-11-2005, 07:57 PM
Hey girls, it's hump day Wednesday. I ditched work this morning and went to check out Michael's school function, a Fun Run at a nearby park which they raised money for computers and playground equipment and stuff. I meant to just observe and take some pictures, but I think I was only one of three parents who showed up for their class. I ended up wrangling kids and keeping time, marking those who made their laps around the field. It was a lot of fun anyway. The classes who raised the most money got to play in a jumper/slide bouncer first. It was hot and I got a little burnt despite the sunscreen. Fun fun and little bit of exercise too.

Julie, you know we were just joshin' ya and didn't mean to make you feel stupid in anyway. Sometimes I have my mind in the gutter :devil:, I try to control myself and my comments but oh well, you know me... so sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable. I wonder what was up with the Vonz? So much speculation going on. Maybe those tears will work to put her in the top 3? I thought A-Fed sang great on his second song, he certainly improved over the past few months. I'm rootin' for Bo all the way. And I gotta mention, are you freakin' serious about that HD gift certificate? If I got that I would buy some flooring or something and make him do all the labor. :rolleyes: Man, whatever happened to like the Spa gift certificate for a massage or something?

Cherie, so you have the need for speed huh? I'm guilty of it too but I try to remind myself to keep it at a minimum--we've both got a lot to live for, some little 5-7 y.o. kids that need us. We need you around here as well. You are lucky you got a semi-reasonable cop. Does that mean your insurance rate goes up? That would suck.

Kempy, I saw the Tempurpedic commerical this morning at around 2 a.m (couldn't sleep)... I thought of you and got green with envy again :lol: That is a great price for a bed of that caliber. Maybe I can convince Rick to get one of those when we're ready for a new one.

Angie your girls are hilarious! That Corey is a sweetheart like his dad huh? :love:. You're a lucky gal. Mmm,I love blueberry scones myself. I'd love to come up to your bakery and have some. I'm sure you guys will have more customers than you can handle with summer coming up fast.

Well, gotta put some hours in here at work. Check back later. Have a good one everybody.

calnative
05-11-2005, 11:47 PM
Hi Girls,

We're just really busy at school. I can't wait for school to be out; I am really start to shut down. Only 16 more school days. :dancer: :hat: :cb:
Of course, I did put down that I would work summer school if I'm needed. So far I haven't heard anything, but we'll see.

My mouth is feeling wonderful. The gums are a little tender, but I've had no swelling and no need for pain meds.

Have a great night everyone.

Cal

PhotogirlTX
05-12-2005, 10:04 AM
Good Morning Everyone! It's Thursday! Yeah! I am so ready for the weekend. Yesterday, I went home and the girls went back out swimming. We may try to go this evening, but the forecast has a chance of scattered thunderstorms... so that may put a kink in the girls plans. I also did my pilates and my 5 miles on the treadmill last night. Oh... and I watched that movie that had Julia Roberts and Jude Law in it, Closer. NOT what I was expecting. I knew it was about cheating/infidelity, but I wasn't prepared for how graphic they would be talking about everything. I didn't get any warm fuzzies from the movie or the charaters. I would not reccomend it.

This morning I tried to talk myself out of getting up and getting on the treadmill. Thankfully, I did, and I put in 20 minutes this morning, another 1.6 miles. My leg is still hurting.. but I noticed if I put on my headphones, I don't seem to notice the pain in my leg nearly as much. So two days down, I hope I can keep motivating myself to get up every morning. I do feel so much better when I do that.

Julie... grilled burgers sound yummy! I will get that this weekend at the BBQ. I can't wait! Oh, and I watched AI last night while I was on the treadmill. It looked like all four of those young kids were great! I bet it was a hard decision to let one go. One of the girls, the blonde, is from here in Norman, where I work... I wonder if we will be hearing alot about her this weekend. (At least I think that is where she is from).

Noelle... Sounds like you and Michael had fun yesterday! Hannah would love for me to come to her school.. later this month they are having the 1st grade award ceremony, so I will have to skip out on work that morning to go see that.

Cal.. its great to hear from you.. glad your mouth is almost healed!

OK.. I need to get busy here at work... talk to you all later!

Cherie

Kempyd
05-12-2005, 11:56 AM
Hey guys. I snuck home for a bit. I have to head back shortly but I wanted to pop in. I have been lseeping wonderfully on the new bed. The things that is driving me crazy is that we bought some new pieces of furniture and one of them we can't fit through the bedroom door. So, I have all of these clothes laying on the floor and a hugh waredrobe in the hall. I am trying to call the poeple to see if we can get somehting smaller. I hate when the house is a mess. The spare room is full of things that we have to bring my mom and we are leaving tomorrow. So, that means that when we come back the house is still going to be a mess.

Julie that is so funny. I didn't even think like that. You can sit on the bed but that is about as far as you are going to go missie. :lol:

Cherie I wish I knew what you are talking about with all of your shows but I am clueless when it comes to reality tv. Good for you by the way with the AM workout. I can never do that.

Angie what's up girl?

Cal I swear it does't seem that long ago that you were counting down the days of school. Wow a year really does fly by huh.

Noelle I don't think schools around here do as much stuff as you guys do over there. That is a shame b/c I think the kids would really love it and also benefit from it. I wonder if it is b/c our schools don't have enough money for that kind of stuff.

Ok, I need to head back to the salon. I will try to pop on later tonight. If I don't then I will chat with you guys next Tuesday when we get back.

jbbm
05-12-2005, 02:41 PM
Cherie I wanted to mention maybe taking like a advil a half hour before you excercise might help. I don't know if you should ice it or put heat on it. I would probally do a hot pad or hot water bottle. Or just a hot bath. Take care.

PhotogirlTX
05-13-2005, 10:46 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!! TGIF and Happy Friday the 13th! :-)

Julie.. I might have to try that. My leg is much better than before since I took all of last week off, but this week, I've been hitting the treadmill pretty hard, and it's not getting any worse or better.

I had a great afternoon yesterday, I got home and did my Pilates, and then during Survivor I ran 5 miles on the treadmill. This morning, since I won't have time to workout tonight, I set my alarm to go off earlier and was planning on getting in about a 45 minute run, however, it was storming all night, and around 5 AM, Hannah came and crawled into my bed and we snuggled. I did get up at my normal time and I ran for 20 minutes, so I didn't totally blow it off.

Tonight, Steven is picking up the girls, and I am going to Alan's. We are going to go to our favorite pizza place, and then go see a movie. His nephew Rob comes in at 10:30, so we will pick him up at the airport.

I probably won't be around all weekend, I have a really busy one. Tomorrow morning I will help them prepare for the evening BBQ, then at noon, I have to go pick up the girls because Steven has to work, and take them back home. We are planning on swimming and I will try to get in a quick run as well. Then we will get ready and head back over to Alan's for the party. The girls go back to their dad's afterwards, and Sunday we are going to an autocross. I'll be back online Monday for sure.

Kempy.. have a great weekend! Be careful!

Julie.. I hope you are feeling better....

Hi Noelle, Cal and Angie!!! I guess we have lost Gina and Summer and Dips along the way.... I'll try to check in tomorrow when I am home.... I hate it when our board gets soooo slow.

OK.. got a meeting to go to. 6.25 more hours til I'm OFF WORK!

Oh.. and I almost forgot to mention the most important thing.... I have finally broken out of the 150's and I am now sitting at 149.00. Its been a very long and frustrating 9 weeks, but I made it. Now if I can stay there! That will be the trick!

Talk to you all soon!

PhotogirlTX
05-13-2005, 02:40 PM
1 hour and 20 minutes til I get to leave work...... tapping foot impatiently..... looking around room... where is everyone? ........ tap.. tap ... tap.... Did Jason find you all or something?

jbbm
05-13-2005, 08:11 PM
Oh did anyone catch Oprah yesterday? It was about her diet, what she eats for snacks and her excercise. It was a great show. It had people that did her boot camp and had great results. The info. is on her web-site. She looks great btw. I know she has tons of money, a cook a personal trainer....so who wouldn't, lol.

jbbm
05-13-2005, 10:11 PM
Good Night Girls
Hope to check in this weekend. Have a good one!!

calnative
05-15-2005, 07:50 PM
Just quick because I wanted to pull us up from page 2 (the bottom of page 2 actually).

It is so hot here. I'm not sure if we've broken 100 degrees yet, but it is hot. Yesterday a good friend of mine got married and she had an outside wedding. Every weekend has been beautiful...except yesterday; it got to 97 yesterday. We have been really enjoying the spring-like weather here, but I guess it's just about over.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Cal

9 more full days and 5 half days left!!!!! (Yes, I'm counting.) ;)

PhotogirlTX
05-16-2005, 11:14 AM
Good Morning Everyone! It's Monday again.... boy I do not like Mondays..

Julie.. I am so sorry you and your family have been sick. I hope you all get better soon. And that you get some nice weather too!

Cal.. good to see you! Wow, I bet that wedding wasn't a nice one, well, I am sure it was nice, but the heat could have waited. Summer for you is almost here.. Less than two weeks.. that is great!

I had a great weekend. Started out on Friday and we went and saw the movie, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. It was a nice movie, books are much better. Afterwards, we went to eat at a new Italian restaurant, Cocina Brava! It was wonderful. Had two glasses of wine, a plateful of spinach tortileni (ms) and great company. His nephew came in later that night and we picked him up from the airport. Saturday, we got up and I made breakfast, pancakes.. YUM... and we went to Sam's for a party food run. Later I left them, and I picked up the girls and we went home. After being at the pool for an hour and a half, I came in and realized I was burned. I did manage to squeeze in a 30 minute run on Saturday.. then the girls and I got ready and went to the BBQ. It was nice, a little stressed as I tried to keep an eye on everything, but the girls did fine. They went back to their dad's at 10:30, and I came back and cleaned up the kitchen party mess. Sunday, we were lazy, and finally went out to Bricktown (downtown entertainment section of OKC) and walked along the canal for a while, so I got a little more exercise in. We came home and decided to grill the leftover burgers and we watched the movie Sideways. Interesting, but shows how much of pigs men CAN be. Last night I watched Survivor (GO TOM!) and Desperate Housewives before falling asleep.. Great busy weekend, but today I'm back at work, and not liking it much. Oh well... tonight I get to see the girls again and the Bachelor finale is on... what more could I ask for? ;)

OK.. back to work here.. I'll talk to you guys soon.

Cherie

PhotogirlTX
05-16-2005, 01:04 PM
Oh... I just realized what the date was today. Had I stayed married, it would have been my 13th wedding anniversary. I'm not sad that I'm not married to S. anymore, but rather I am sad that I lost the dream I had back when I was 24 about getting married, the house the kids the dog and living happily ever after. Oh well.. I have the kids.. and I am much happier now... I guess Happy Non-Anniversary to me! :D

jbbm
05-16-2005, 03:17 PM
Hi girls

Cherie it sounds like you had just a wonderful weekend. How nice. Btw I am glad you are happier now. Life is short. Gotta be happy :).

Well talk to everyone later. I thought I would just check in, I am having some tea and had some time. Have a great rest of the day.

jbbm
05-16-2005, 03:19 PM
Cherie, speaking of the finale tonight, who do you think is going to win?? I think it may be the blond. I am not sure though.

jbbm
05-16-2005, 09:13 PM
Pretty quiet here today....well I am just going to finish watching the Bachelor finale. Cherie, I wish we were watching together, having popcorn and snacks!! Okay girls I am worn down so hope to come by tomorrow. Have a great night all. And a good day tomorrow.

PhotogirlTX
05-16-2005, 10:47 PM
Julie.. you were right... Sara won! I really couldn't decided between the two who he would have picked.. I was leaning more towards Krissily just cause they seemed more comfortable with each other... but it's not like it has been with the other's.. where you hate one and love the other... I liked both of them.

I didn't get the chance to do my pilates, but I did run 5 miles on the treadmill. I had left my running shoes at Alan's, so I had to go pick them up this afternoon, and that took my Pilate's time. I've got my clothes laid out for tomorrow morning, I'm going to do a quick 20 minute run.

OK... back to watching the rest of the Bachelor.. then bed.... I'm sleepy! Talk to you all tomorrow!

Julie.. you feeling better?

Cherie

PhotogirlTX
05-17-2005, 09:55 AM
Well, I didn't get up and exercise this morning like I said I was... my alarm went off, and I pushed the snooze button, so I thought. I actually turned it off. So... I didn't get up til 6:30... and missed the time I needed to run. Tonight, I'll do my 5 miles and my Pilates for sure, I feel guilty about it.... I can tell I am getting back into the groove when I am actually wanting to work out again!

How is everyone today? It's Tuesday... and sunny... I need to go get groceries this afternoon after work, and then I'll pick up the girls and take them swimming. We didn't go yesterday, so today will be a nice afternoon for it. There are NO shows on tonight for me to watch.. so not sure when I'll do my treadmill work.... hey, I think the Country Music Awards are coming on.. I can watch that... look for Keith Urban... YUM.. :D

OK.. back to work.. I'll check back in later!

Cherie

PhotogirlTX
05-17-2005, 12:47 PM
Yum... just had lunch.. I tried a new Lean Cuisine meal. Pork with Cherry Sauce. It was really good. So I'll be buying that one again. Right now.. having my strawberry yogurt with fiber. Having a good day so far.. however, I think I am retaining water.. I drank alot last night... and I've had like 9 glasses of water today, and I'm not really going to the bathroom ... what is up with that? Hope it starts to flush out soon...

PhotogirlTX
05-17-2005, 02:28 PM
I had too much salt yesterday, just two lean cuisine meals... but that is enough to keep ahold of the water.

No, I don't watch AI, but I may be flipping channels, so who knows what I'll end up watching. I want to see Renee and Kenny together too.. they make such an odd couple.

I am just getting my weekly food. Making out my grocery list now so I can cover everything til this weekend. I usually go to the store twice a week... I just don't like planning that far ahead.

I was wondering about everyone as well. I hope they are all doing OK. So, Julie.. are you feeling well enough to exercise today or just well enough to survive? :D

OK.. back to work.. (burning some music.. hahaha.. busy working .... ) I'll talk to you soon!

jbbm
05-17-2005, 02:49 PM
Cherie, I am going to push myself to get some low impact excercises in today and maybe some sit-ups. I am not running a fever so I think I can handle it :). Chasing these kids are running after them is burning a few, I think :lol:. It is just this congestion that has got me feeling yuck.

melekalikimaka
05-17-2005, 03:51 PM
Hey girls, sorry I got a little AWOL. Home computer is still in for repair and yesterday I got tied up downtown getting some building permits, just sitting and waiting for most of the day. Did I tell you guys that I signed up Michael for Karate lessons last week? His classes are Mon. and Wed's nights right around the corner from our house so it's really convenient. He seems to be enjoying himself and I hope this improves his concentration and attention span. He is really bright in school but has a slight problem w/talking too much and just moving around in general--you know, like he's got ants in his pants? :lol: I asked the teacher about ADD or ADHD(?) and she said no way, which relieved me a little bit. She has worked exclusively w/ADD and developmentally delayed kids prior to this school and she said he does not display the characteristics of it, just has a problem being still--hello? He's a 6 y.o. boy.

But anyway, how are y'all doing? I didn't even hear about Rene Z and Kenny Chesney getting married until you guys mentioned it. I had to go and google it. I like Rene but lately she seems to be getting a little kooky? But the best for them. I guess when you get older you can just realize what you want out of life and go for it instead of playing the waiting game and beating around the bush? So who do you guys think is an odder couple? Renee and Kenny or Sandra Bullock and Jesse James? .....Hmmmmm....:chin:

Julie, sorry to hear you're still under the weather. I hear you on that cough, mine held on for weeks! Hope you can kick it quick. I was a little hooked on Nyquil for a while just to get some sleep. How are the kiddos doing? Are you up for AI tonight? I was kinda bummed because I missed most of the finale for Everbody Loves Raymond...did anyone else watch that show? I wasn't a regular viewer but I did watch quite a few and they were really funny.

Cherie, sounds like you had a busy but fun weekend. Those are the best. Hey, belated happy n0n-anniversary. It's better to realize when your dream isn't working and let it go than to keep with it and be miserable. Look at what you have now! 2 beautiful girls and a handsome, sweet man "friend". ;)

Cal, whew 97 degrees in springtime? I was whining when it hit 90 here :lol: I know, I know, it's a dry heat... So what's the first thing you'll be doing on summer vacation? Wasn't Alberto's nephew coming out to visit? That should be a good change of pace.

Kempy, how are you enjoying your Tempurpedic? Rick scored a full-sized adjustable one and we put it in Michael's room. If it were a queen or king size I'd be at home cleaning out and making room for it for me. I even woke up at around 4 a.m. this morning and crawled into bed w/Michael, just to sleep on that mattress....:cloud9:

Angie, did the summer crowd hit you yet? Hope all is well. We just got Leper the gray tiger kitten (or Leppy as we now call him) fixed yesterday and now there's a new funky, almost brindle colored kitten coming around, it's so ugly, it's cute. It has a neat triangle of orange on his black face. I may just trap that one and get it fixed as well and let it be a playmate to Leppy. I guess I am getting to be the crazy cat lady in my neighborhood. I'm working on trapping more adult cats from my neighbor though, poor things are starving.

Anywhoo, I guess I should get some work done. I'll try and pop in later. Have a good one.

Kempyd
05-17-2005, 08:55 PM
Hey guys. I am sitting here listening to AI. I am really not into it this year. I think Bo should win though.

Noelle I watched Raymond last night. I thought it was better than most season finalies. I watch the reruns of it at night and it usually has me rolling on the floor. Ray is such a wimp sometimes.

Cherie it sounds like you had a great time. Don't you love Sam's? I used to live around the corner from one and I sure do miss that. We don't have one here. We ahve to drive to New Orleans or Baton Rouge to go. Not a quick trip.

Julie I need to post a pic of Mother's day so that you can see the crawfish. I think they will show up. Hope you feel better. I have been having a funky day today. I know what the culprit is though. PMS

Angie what's going on chic? I guess you are really busy.

Cal I bet we are right behind you in the temps department. It is getting pretty hot over here too. Time to stay inside more.

I was able to hit the beach on Sat.a dn for about an hour on Sun. It started to rain a little so we went back home. We did have a good time though. Of course I ate and drank way to much and now I am really bloated. On top of the normal blotation from PMS. You know, sometimes it sucks to be a woman. I wish I could just go one month without bloating. That would be great.

Ok, I am going to try to post a pic.

Kempyd
05-17-2005, 09:09 PM
Here is the table with some of the crawfish. Joe is in the Red. My sister is in the background and so is my brother. They are the ones with the red hair.

jbbm
05-17-2005, 09:41 PM
Oh Noelle Bo was great tonight on AI if you want an early update. Actually they all were good. One more week I guess until the last show.

PhotogirlTX
05-18-2005, 10:17 AM
Good Morning everyone... Wednesday already? Yeah.. I guess so.

Kempy.. that crawfish boil looks YUMMY.... and your weekend sounded nice too.. I would love to go to the beach soon.

I am doing OK.. I did my Pilates and my 1 hour of running last night. Boy, the running was HARD last night. I ate right before I started exercising, and it just sat in my stomach. ICK. It was the SouthBeach 4 Cheese pizza, on a whole wheat crust, and it was soooo yummy ( you can't microwave it, you gotta cook it.. ) but man, the sodium content on that is outrageous. Over 1000 mg. Anyway.. as I tried to run, I kept wanting to stop.. and I had to remind myself over and over, that this isn't supposed to be easy, and to keep going. Thankfully I did. This morning, I was able to get my lazy butt up out of bed and do a quick 20 minute run. I always feel much better during the day if I get moving first thing in the morning... even though its like **** to get myself up.

Julie.. I watched the Country Music Awards last night, and there was no sign of Renee being there with Kenny.. and after he won male vocalist of the year, he didn't even include her in his speech.. not that she has been around enough to contribute to his sucess, but I thought it rather strange he didn't mention it. He did however have on a shiny new wedding ring. :-)

Well, I got a letter from DHS yesterday, and my contract for DHS assistance/child care assistance is about to come to an end. I have to reapply. I am so scared I won't be approved again. There is no way I can afford day care for two kids. Day care is so outrageous. Steven still isn't paying me any child support, and if I get turned down, then I am going to have to garnish his wages... however, once I do that, he will probably quit his job and possibly move back to Texas where not only will I not get child support, I won't be getting any time off from the girls either, like I do every other week here lately. I'm just really stressed out about that and what's going to happen.

OK.. I guess I need to get busy here at work. I'll check back in later!

PhotogirlTX
05-18-2005, 12:20 PM
I just had an intense craving for chili....... I could almost smell it! I might have to make some this weekend to get past this. :-)

jbbm
05-18-2005, 12:53 PM
Hi Girls

How is everyone doing today?? Half way through the week. So I guess that is good.

Oh Cherie, I will say some prayers that everything works out and you continue getting child care assistance. Daycare is so expensive!! That is part of the reason I am not back at work yet. I can't afford daycare. I could work nights and weekends but this is what we are doing right now. Do you really think Steven would move away from his girls?? Whatever happens I hope the best for you and the girls. I can't believe how much you excercised last night and this morning. Wow. I want to try and excercise, I know it sounds like an excuse but the weather has sucked here lately. I can't wait until summer. Last summer I would take a walk around 7:30 pm get all sweaty and come home and take a shower. Also I thought is was weird he did not even (Kenny) make a tiny mention of his new wife. I did not watch but come on. Maybe they just want to keep thing private. You and I are sure chili lovers. That is my dd's favorite supper. When I ask her what she wants she says chili and noodles always. I guess it is super healthy for her, so I can't complain. Meat, veggies, and carbs :). Btw I might have to try those SBD pizzas. Last night we grilled chicken, onions, peppers and had them on whole wheat tortillas. I was so bloated last night. Some of that whole wheat stuff tears up my tummy. I probally just ate more than I should have. Well have a good day at work and I hope it goes by fast!!

Hi everyone else....Have a wonderful day :). Going to drink some tea or water or a diet soda to get this cough under control. Bye for now!!

Kempyd
05-18-2005, 01:59 PM
Hey guys. I just got through putting away the gorceries. I really hate going to Wally world. I have to stop at two places evey time I go b/c another store usually has some good things on sale. It is kind of weird how I have turned into this super shopper. I used to not even care about how much I spent. I guess it is the fact that I am not working as much now so I have to pinch the pennies.

Cherie I have never tried the SBD meals. I usually load up on the budget gourmet stuff. I can't beat $1 per thing. That is the cheapest meal ever. I will have to look for them though. I don't even know if we will be working out tonight. We just got a pallet of sod and we need to get it out. Tomorrow is Joe's little sis's graduation so that will make us miss another workout. Will ya do a little workout for me? :D

Julie I love chili too. I make a mean one if I can say so myself. Plus, it is really healthy. I found it in a recipe rescue book. They take all of your favorite dishes and make them better for you. Joe loves when I make it. In fact my neighbors love when I make it too. I invite them over to eat when i make it.

I really need to get outside and fill my bird feeders but it is so hot I hate to go. My hummingbird feeders are empty though so I guess I need to bite the bullet and just get out there. The poor things come to the feeders and they are empty.

PhotogirlTX
05-18-2005, 02:10 PM
Kempy... I need that recipe for healthy chili.... I make mine, but I still think it has too many calories in it. I blame it on all the kidney beans I put in it.. not to mention the salt. Oh.. don't worry, I'll dedicated 20 minutes of my run tonight just for you! ;-) You go have fun. I personally have no life during the week, so I have plenty of time to work out. It's just getting my butt off the couch and onto the treadmill that is the problem. I think I am one of the laziest people I know.

Julie.. the pizza from SBD is great, however, it's just so dang expensive. Almost three dollars for a frozen one person pizza. I'm eating that when I am giving my daughters the 99 cent one from Tortinos! :D

As for Steven.. he may decided to move back to Texas.. he could certainly get a better job there, paying much better than what he is getting right now... it would just leave me with the girls 24/7 and I really don't want that. I enjoy my time off from being a mom every now and then.

OK... back to pretending to work! :D

Kempyd
05-18-2005, 02:35 PM
Cherie the chili is as follows:

1-2 lbs of ground meat rinsed and drained
2 cans kindey beans drained and rinsed
1 can pinto beans drained and rinsed
1 med. sized jar salsa
1 can rotel toms. or mexican diced tomatoes
chili powder to taste
ground cumin to taste

I usually just dump it all together. You are going to have to put a good amount of the chili powder and the cumin. I usually add some Tony's too and a little Tobasco but I know you have the kiddos to feed too. I bring it to a slight boil and then turn down the heat and stir frequntly. Once the beans are a little softer it is done. I hope I wrote it so it is understandable. Let me know if you have any questions. I love it b/c it is easy and cheap. I call this my dump chili. I know that sounds gross but that is all I do with the ingredients and it comes out great.

jbbm
05-18-2005, 03:25 PM
Kempy your chili sounds great. I think I get overloaded with calories with the noodles and the cornbread or oatbran muffins I make to go with it. All those carbs and calories add up!! I remember you do not have noodles with your chili. We always do up here. Sometimes I make it like a soup with a huge can of tomato juice or just add a packet of seasoning and ground beef, beans, tomato sauce, onions and celery and serve it thick on topped of hot cooked noodles with melted cheese and sour cream. Yum I think that sounds great for tonight. I bet you are the chili girl in your neighborhood with that recipe. ;) Kempy laying sod is excercise for sure!! Btw I love hummingbirds. They are spectacular to watch.

Cherie, maybe if he moved back to Texas and found a better paying job he could start paying support?? But I know you deserve time off once in a while
believe me I understand. These two have been at my hip all day :lol:. Oh and I know the frozen meals can be expensive sometimes.

jbbm
05-18-2005, 03:28 PM
Cherie, since we are from all over the country, do you serve your chili with noodles?? Just curious.

Kempy dh has to have Tony's with his chili now. I don't know how he ever ate it without it.

PhotogirlTX
05-18-2005, 04:46 PM
Yum Kempy.. that sounds great.. and No Julie.. I don't serve my chili with noodles.. :-) I am from Texas... home of the spicy chili. There we make it with lots of peppers and have it with crackers and cheese or fritos! YUM!

I just got a nice compliment from my HR Director... he has noticed I have lost (in his words) lots of weight. I have lost 13.5 pounds, so it's not lots yet.. but it made me feel good that someone here at work has noticed!

Well, it's about time to go home... that has just given me the extra motivation to run tonight! I'll do that after dinner and after the girls swim in the pool. Maybe by the end of the month, I'll be brave enough to try the cold water and swim myself!

Talk to you all later!

PhotogirlTX
05-18-2005, 05:00 PM
Julie... um, maybe I should have mentioned, um..... he lives an alternative lifestyle.... hence why he probably noticed! Straight men didn't get that gene of noticing small details! ;) And I have been losing since March 1st, so I am trying for a 5 pound a month loss. Well see if I make it at the end of this month! OK.. going home now!

PhotogirlTX
05-19-2005, 10:26 AM
Good Morning everyone! I just wrote in my journal, so I am just going to paste it here.. I really need to be working instead of playing on this computer.. but you know me, I'll be back later! Julie.. I hope your weather gets better. I love the rain, however it can get to be where it's just too much!

I started out my morning on a good note. I got up and I ran for 20 minutes, 1.75 miles. I always feel so much better on mornings I exercise. Last night, however, I wimped out. I only did 4 miles (47 minutes) instead of an hour on the treadmill (5 miles). I was just tired. I tried to push myself through, but I finally just gave up. Earlier in the evening, I tried a new (actually old video Iíve had for years) ABS video, and suffered through it for 30 minutes. Now I realize why I didnít use it before, I just donít like it, or the instructor. Some Abs of Steel video. Oh well, NEXT Ö. Iíll try a different one tonight. Iíve got a TON of exercise videos Iíve collected about 10 years ago.

Nothing exciting happening today, other than itís the finale of CSI with Quentin Tarentino directing it. I love his movies, so this should be a great episode. Iíll be on the treadmill for at least an hour of it.

Iíve tried calling my ex two times this week, and he hasnít returned my call. Iíll try again later this morning. I hate it when I am ignored. I need to ask him about when he plans on seeing the girls again, and to tell him about the DHS child care assistance contract of mine that is about to expire. You know.. God does look out for us. Iíve been stressed about the day care expenses, and yesterday, in the paper, it said that Oklahoma has now approved the budget to include ALL DAY KINDERGARTEN, starting in the í05-í06 school year. That means, Megan will be going to school full time as well as Hannah starting in the middle of August, and I will only have to worry about before and after school care. I think if things fall through with the child care assistance, I can swing thatÖ my ex will still need to help out, but we are talking like $400 a month, verses $800 a month. That is a HUGE relief for me. Now if I can just get through the month of July and first part of August.

Alan booked our room in Indianapolis for the Formula One race in June. I canít wait to spend that time with him! We will be celebrating our 3 year anniversary of meeting/dating on June 7th, so this will be a great trip to actually celebrate with.

OK.. back to work. Talk to you all soon! :-)

Cherie

PhotogirlTX
05-19-2005, 12:32 PM
Well.. my ex is being a butt.. as usual. Finally after three days in a row that I've been calling to leave him messages, he calls me back. I feel bad for him, he is having pain in his hip, and it could be another cancer spread, but I still have two kids I am 100% responsible for.

He doesn't remember my message a week ago about my trip to the Formula One race. So, he is mad that I am not passing up this free trip so I can go get them so he can spend Father's Day with them. He doesn't have ANYONE who would watch the girls on Saturday, I am supposed to be doing that, and I am just a ***** cause I have changed my plans. So needless to say, he won't help me with them and take them to TX on the 3rd.. I'll have to do it on the 4th. And I will pick them up on the 21st. Whatever. He martyrs himself cause he never complained when the girls lived with me (for 6 months) that he needed a break like I do. I am so selfish. Whatever.

Oh.. and I told him about my DHS contract expiring.... and if I don't get approved again, he is going to have to help me with child care. His response, you can't squeeze blood out of a turnip. So, I can't even get him to help with day care expenses much less child support.. and I am supposed to feel guilty he won't have them on Father's Day??? again WHATEVER. yeah... I know I am selfish... but, right now, I don't really care. The girls will have a grand time in Texas, and I will have a nice break and a nice trip to Indianapolis.

OK.. back to work here.. now that I have that off my chest.

melekalikimaka
05-19-2005, 02:02 PM
Hey girls, it's a yucky, rainy, muggy, miserable day here this morning. I'm sitting here with the fan blowing on me it's so humid. Yuck! I'm taking the morning off and doing some cleaning around the house. I finally got rid of a whole bunch of books, clothes, shoes, and knick-knacks and donated them to the Kidney Cars/Clothes charity yesterday. I can almost see the floor! :o I need to vacuum out my car and give it a quick wash even though it's raining. I can't stand that it looks so dirty.

Cherie, :grouphug: girl, I feel for you. Hey, I wouldn't feel bad about the girls not seeing their dad for father's day if he's behaving that way either. Sheesh, they're his kids too, isn't there a law about deadbeat dads? But anyway, God does indeed provide in our hours of need. I know you'll get through this. WTG :cp: on someone noticing the weight loss! You go girl. And you did not wimp out as you said on that treadmill. So you cut off a little early, at least you were on there!

Kempy, that is some crawfish spread! Do you guys eat them w/butter and lemon like you do w/lobster? That looked like some party. Oh man, I slept on my son's bed again last night, that bed is WONDERFUL! You are so lucky to have a king size. Don't you just feel like you don't want to get out of bed in the morning--if only because the bed feels so great? :lol:

Julie, so Vonzie is gone, not much a surprise, eh? She left with grace though. I am pulling for Bo all the way. What was his real name again? Harold? or something like that? Did you see him jam w/ those guys from Lynyrd Skynyrd? That was awesome! Am I sounding like a groupie? ;) Hope you get some drier weather soon. I'm having cr@ppy weather today as well.

Angie, are you just totally swamped w/customers? I wish I had a nice frappuccino or something and a maple nut scone right now. Pop in if you get a chance, miss ya.

Cal, how are things in AZ? Your kids getting antsy waiting for summer (or is it the other way around? :lol:

Well gals, I'm off to do some cleaning. Have a good one! :wave:

Kempyd
05-19-2005, 03:14 PM
Well, I just walked in from being outside since around 10:30. I only had one client today and I am just not in the mood to sit in the salon all day answering the phone and reading a magazine. I had better things to do. We got all of the sod out yesterday so I have been watering the yard all day. It hasn't rained here in a long time so I have to water a good bit right now. I am not going to complain though b/c Hurricane season starts on June 1. I am sure we will get our share of rain very soon.

Cherie I agree with Noelle he has no right to make you feel bad. He IS their dad after all. Plus I would think that he would want to spend as much time with them as he can. They are only little once plus, they are so cute. Congrates on the notice. I never get that. I have to pry it out of Joe when I have been losing. I know it is b/c he sees me all of the time but it is still nice to have some sort of recognition.

Noelle we just eat the crawfish like they are. We boil them with lots of seasoning and when you let them soak they absore all of the spice. We also add garlic cloves, onions, lemons, oranges, potatoes (small red ones), suasage, corn, hotdogs and cualiflower. All of that stuff soaks up the spice too and mmmmmmmm is it good. I love all of the fixins that go with it. I am usually picking out the hotdogs first.

Julie I wish I could send you some of this pretty weather we are having. I was sitting on the patio with the dogs for about 30 mins and the breeze was great. Don't worry you will be having greta weather in no time. I bet soon I will be begging for you to send some our way. We will be getting hot pretty soon.

Angie and Cal come out and chat soon. I hope you guys are doing ok. I need to go iron some clothes for graduation tonight. I'll ty to pop back on in a little bit.

jbbm
05-19-2005, 03:48 PM
What is for dinner tonight....frozen pizza here and I may make a small spaghetti bake to go along with it and hopefully a vegetable. I really need to start eating veggies on a daily basis. I can't wait until our grocer gets avacados from USA. I don't personally like to buy products from Mexico. Just a weird phobia of mine. But my sil's mother won't either, so I guess I am not to weird. Bye for now and hope to check back later

PhotogirlTX
05-19-2005, 09:41 PM
Thanks guys... I just needed to vent earlier. Noelle... I need to do some spring cleaning like that too and get rid of alot of stuff the girls don't use and can't wear... just not up to it.

Julie.. I understand about your house. I still have dreams about my house I grew up in that my mom sold when she got remarried. (((HUGS)))

Kempy... hope you enjoyed your day...

OK.. I am watching the finale of CSI, it is directed by Quentin Tarentino, and boy is it hard to watch.... fire ants, plexiglass coffins, spiders, exploding mad man... ICK.... oh there is someone buried in the plexiglass coffin, with the fire ants and spiders.

I still need to run... I haven't yet... I started watching this after I ate, cheese quesadillas and fat free refried beans... ok... I didn't realize how much sodium was in a low carb tortilla... OMG.. for two.. I had over 600 mg of salt.

OK... back to my show.... he better still be alive!

Cherie

PhotogirlTX
05-20-2005, 09:18 AM
Good Morning! TGIF.... OK.. I didn't exercise last night... I got lazy. I didn't do a thing, nor did I get up this morning. Oh well. I need to realize that I shouldn't feel guilty if I don't exercise every day. I mean, I did do 1.75 miles yesterday morning, so it's not like I totally skipped it... nor will I skip it this evening...

I'm so glad its Friday.... I don't think I'll be seeing Alan any. I have the girls all weekend, and my ex didn't sound like he was going to make time to see them on Sunday. He is supposed to be hearing back from the doctor soon about getting a MRI scheduled. He is scared, and I can understand. What he is feeling is how it all started.. so it sounds like the tumor on his spine has started to grow again. I really hope not. As much as I don't like him, I wouldn't wish cancer on him.

Well, I didn't bring my breakfast or lunch today. I just had a south beach peanut butter cereal bar for breakfast and having a diet coke.. so I am avoiding the doughnuts and the bagels in the breakroom.... at lunch, our CFO is taking the accounting group to lunch, so I am kinda wary about that. Hopefully I won't do too badly, food choice wise. When I splurge like this, I like to be with Alan when I do it. I would rather have a nice dinner with him, than with my CFO. :D Oh well.

I didn't lose any weight this week. I am still at 149.50. I am thinking it was the sodium I had yesterday, because I am up a pound from yesterday. That would have given me a one pound loss for the week. Again, oh well... it will show up on the scales sooner or later.

I guess I better get to work. :-) Everyone have a great day.... it's going to get in the 90's here today! HOT HOT HOT!

jbbm
05-20-2005, 10:25 AM
Cherie, I will say some prayers for you ex. Don't worry about excercising for one day, for crying out loud you are doing wonderful. Alot better than me. I have not been eating or excercising like I should. You are inspiration though. I have to try. I don't want to gain for the SUMMER!! Have a great time at lunch. The sun is finally out today. I am so happy about that. Stay Cool!!

Hi Kempy, Noelle, Angie, and Cal!!

PhotogirlTX
05-20-2005, 11:22 AM
Thanks Julie.... I just get obsessed at times with this losing weight crap.... and this time around, it's going MUCH slower than it did a year and a half ago. What is up with that? Oh well... Today, I may blow off my treadmill workout. I realized that tonight, the Muffet's Wizard of Oz comes on TV tonight, and I want to curl up in my bed with the girls and watch it with them. They know nothing about it, so it will be a nice surprise for them... tomorrow, I'll be back on track.

I hope everyone is doing ok... I am really missing you guys! It's really a nice day today, hardly any wind, but it will get up into the 90's. Right now, the sun is shining and I have blue sky. I am really wishing I was off work. Ok, so I wish that everyday! :D

Time to go find some more work to do. I am after all paying myself a salary! :D

PhotogirlTX
05-20-2005, 02:23 PM
I am stuffed. Just went to lunch with the group... we ended up at Johnny Carino's Italian.... Oh my.. baked penne with a ton of cheese...... I may have to rethink my dinner plans of nachos.. and instead do something light. I didn't eat my whole plate, even though I wanted too!!!!! :D I wonder how many calories that was.... hmmmmmm

jbbm
05-20-2005, 03:04 PM
Cherie your lunch sounds great. Forget about the calories too. Just blow it off. You are doing so well anyway. The weather is beautiful here today. I might go head outside with the kids. Not to much planned for the weekend. Going to go see my Mom's new house. And probally pick up some end of the year teacher gifts and a house warming present for Mom. I just want to have a relaxing one. And not overeat. Well girls talk to you all later on. Bye.

PhotogirlTX
05-20-2005, 03:26 PM
Well, I went and logged my lunch. Calorieking doesn't have anything for Johnny's so I just did the baked ziti from Fazolis and it was like 850 calories. :0 I still have about 400 for dinner, so I won't worry too much.

Have fun tonight... I plan on having a relaxing evening with the girls... then get busy cleaning the apartment tomorrow! I'll check in later!

jbbm
05-20-2005, 09:24 PM
Hi Girls

I was so craving a pan of brownies tonight....but did not give in. So that is a baby step. Dh and the kids had some cupcakes for dessert after dinner. There was one left and I wrapped it and put in the freezer. Now the kids can share it some other time. I did have two of them last night though :o. Had a healthy dinner salmon, salad, and broccoli. Actually I feel pretty full but just want to bake brownies to get the fish smell out of the house and well....I do really want to eat them. LOL. The craving will pass.

Cherie I am with you I want to clean this place tomorrow. I got dusting done and a bathroom cleaned but have to do some more stuff. Maybe I will scrub the kitchen sink before bed.

Well not much else to say. Talk to mom tonight and cried with her about some old memories about the house. We talked and said we are to sentimental!! I agree....LOL. Hope everyone gets to check in this weekend if you have the time. Have a great weekend girls.

jbbm
05-21-2005, 11:53 AM
Good Morning Girls

Happy Saturday!!

I vow to get some sort of excercise in today. And I vow to eat smaller meals throughout the day and not just a huge supper and dessert at night. Well everyone have a great weekend.

Noelle did Michael start karate yet?? I hope you have a relaxing weekend.

Angie are you hanging in there?? I bet the tourist season is starting. Come up with anymore good treats??

Kempy whats up for the weekend?? NO more crawfish right??

Hi Cal are you done with school yet?? How many more days??

Check back later.

Kempyd
05-21-2005, 02:32 PM
Better late than never. I have been feeling kind of funky today. I was having some cramps in my ovaries this morning so I took a nap on the sofa. I feel kind of bad about that b/c I could be doing things around the house. It is pretty outside but hot. I plan on watering the lawn later today so that should get me out of the house. We really need some rain soon.

Cherie I saw about 30mins of the Muppet things last night. That shrimp cracked me up. He was so funny. We went to eat with friends so I didn't get to watch it all. I hope they show it again some time. Girl I havn't worked out in over a week. I am feeling it too so don't kill yourself over one night. I wonder if the weight is going slower b/c you don't eat enough. How many cals are you eating a day?

Julie are you out enjoying the sun today? I dream about the hosue I grew up in too. I thought I was the only one that did that. When we moved out a friend of mine bought the house from us. I walked into it and all I did was cry the whole time I walked around. I felt bad b/c they put so much energy into making it theirs and here I was balling like a baby. I will say though that it was REALLY ugly. The only good thing they did was pull up the carpet and redo the hardwood floors. You will get a little better I promise.

Noelle, Angie and Cal whats up ladies. I hope to hear from you soon.

PhotogirlTX
05-21-2005, 03:18 PM
Hey everyone.. Happy saturday... girls and I just had a late lunch (it's 2:00 PM) we've been outside at the pool.. and now I'm burned a little more. :D Oh well, it was fun.. I finally got all the way in the water. Still cool, but on a 90 degree day, feeling pretty nice. I got most of the apartment cleaned up, now I just need to concentrate on my room and hanging up the laundry. I think we will be back at the pool this evening... and after that.. not sure. Oh.. Julie.. I am with you about the exercise.. I'll be on the treadmill sometime today after I get my room in order.

Kempy.. hope you start feeling better. A nap sounds really nice right now.. I may have to do that while the girls watch some TV. The sun has zapped me!

Julie, what's for dinner? I finally made those blueberry pancakes and they were yummy! I feel bad.. I only had two, and had to throw out all that batter. For lunch, I had a tuna/cracker kit with some cheddar cheese and I just had a south beach protein bar... Not sure what I'll have for dinner.

OH.. Kempy.. I am trying to keep my calories at 1400. Since I am only 5'2" and weigh 149.50 right now, I think that is just about right... however, my metabolism I swear is extremely slow. Oh well.. won't let that stop me... it's just going to take longer.

OK.. guess I'll go take my nap now :D

Cherie

PhotogirlTX
05-21-2005, 06:22 PM
OK.. I went and took a nap, and Hannah crawled up with me and too one with me... and I woke up and realized, YES.... I did burn. ALOT. OUCH. Girls just had a snack.. now they want to go back to the pool.. however, it's pretty crowded and I want to wait til the sun goes down a little... maybe I can get them to play some PS2 tonight instead. :D Have a great weekend.

jbbm
05-21-2005, 08:07 PM
Cherie, sounds like you have been having a great day. You put some lotion or something on that burn sweetie. Oh and didn't eat dinner just got home!! I am so glad your girls are enjoying that pool. What good fun.

Kempy, you and I sound the same about sentimental things. Its hard to let go and I know it will get easier. Thanks. Your a hon. I hope you got to rest. Maybe you have a cyst on one of them?? Good for you getting a nap in. I wish I could get one right now.

I helped my mom move stuff in her new house. My aunt was there and a old neighbor and some friends. My muscles are sore. Her new house is beautiful. It is on over four acres, has a stream and a floor to ceiling stone fireplace, hot tub, woods with trails and huge floor to ceiling windows on the first floor. Just beautiful....I wish I lived at home now :lol:. Well girls I have not ate all day. Just a light breakfast, dh made chili when I was finishing up at Mom's but I drove home took it out of the fridge and almost puked :o, sorry TMI. It just stunk. Maybe I am just to tired and sore from lifting.

Hello out there to everyone else. Have a great weekend friends!!

jbbm
05-21-2005, 08:10 PM
Oh my gosh almost forgot to mention. Between moving we came home and the kids got McD's. And we went to a school/park for them to eat. Well the school has a track so I did about 2 miles on that and the kids weren't done at the park yet so I walked home. About 2 more miles. Wow. Between the walking and moving I am tired. My body is not use to that. I might use that track more often. So I stuck to it. Now if I can keep it up!!

jbbm
05-23-2005, 12:28 PM
Hi Girls....Just pulling us off of page two!!

I hope everyone had a nice weekend. My weekend was non stop. Yesterday went to get teacher's gifts, home depot, planted flowers, got a new battery for the video recorder and got a walk in yesterday. And probally should have taken another for what I ate yesterday....I think I made up for eating yesterday because I was so busy moving on Saturday. So last night after running around we grilled chicken bbq sauce, grilled potatoes and onions with melted cheese, salad. And for dessert I made rocky road brownies with ice cream, if that was not bad enough I had popcorn later at night!!!! Wow. Way to much food. But I am trying not to feel guilty. It just started to rain so there goes my walk. I will have to do some excercising inside. Well I hope to hear from ya all soon. Damn mosquitos btw. I got bit right on the end of my brow and I have really bad reactions to them and it is so swelled up and looks like I got punched in the eye. Ds and I are so sensitive to them but dd and dh just get a little mark. Oh well I will cover it up with make-up!!
Check back later....Hi everyone.

melekalikimaka
05-23-2005, 02:36 PM
Hey girls, Happy Monday. It's going to be a busy week. Michael graduates from Kindergarten tomorrow with cap and gown. I hope I'm not a blubbering mess :lol:. I mean, he graduated from preschool last year right? The rest of this week they pretty much have it easy with play activities and fun stuff, their last day is Friday with a liturgy mass and dismissal @ 10 a.m. I'm putting him in a summer fun program starting 6/15 so that should keep him occupied until he goes back to school mid-July. I have had a most horrendous headache this weekend. I started cleaning house Sunday morning, really Spring cleaning and the neighbors were having a party. Their BBQ smoke really gave me a headache and between that smell and the cleaning chemicals, :headache: OMG! Migraine city! I can still feel it this morning. I think I'm going home a little later to lie down for awhile.

Julie, I would feel really sad if the house I grew up in (and still live in!) got sold. My parents were thinking about selling once everyone moved out, but they've never managed to get the house completely empty :lol:. You sure did a lot of exercise with the moving and the walking.

Kempy, that must've been a strange feeling going into "your" house and knowing that someone else was living in it. My uncle and aunt used to live in our neighborhood then they decided to move to CA to be closer to their kids. Their house was always immaculately kept, inside and out. A nice little number, white w/grey/blue trim. When they sold it, a bunch of colorblind slobs lived there. The house was still white but they painted the trim lavendar purple, and put all kinds of ugly wrought-iron fencing and painted it purple to match. It was terrible. The yard was always overgrown w/weeds...it's a shame.

Cherie, ouch, take care of that sunburn. That's never fun, and you're so fair-skinned. That must be so fun to have a pool to go to whenever you want. Swimmings great exercise too. Are your girls good swimmers? Michael refused to take lessons this summer but I think I'm re-enrolling him in the fall session. He has got to get comfortable, I don't want him to be a big fraidy-cat in the water like me.

Angie girl, I hope you're doing well. Probably up to your ears in doughnut batter and toursits lining up outside your door waiting to get some. :)

Well girls, hope this Monday goes smoothly for all. Have a good one.

jbbm
05-23-2005, 02:58 PM
Noelle I hope that headache goes away. Maybe you can sneek out early and rest?? Have Rick give ya a scalp massage tonight before bed. I have got a busy week too. Ds graduates from pre-school. I don't think he gets it. Not going anymore. So I have some baking to do, ugh, I hope I can avoid the tempatation. I better after what I ate last night. I was too thinking of enrolling ds and dd into a summer program. It is nice though because dh gets done in the summer at two. So there is still the whole afternoon to do something. Awwww....I can't imagine you moving out of your home. You and I get teary eyed very easy and when we moved here five years ago, I cried like a baby when we shut the door on our first starter house. Hey girl don't forget tomorrow night I believe is the season finale of AI. GO BO!!

Cherie, where are you today?? I hope you are having a great day and not working to hard. I hope your burn is better.

Kempy and Angie have a great day at work and hope you are getting tons of customers!!

Cal are you done yet??

Well going to get going. Hope to check back in later today. I have several things that have to get done today!! Bye for now....

melekalikimaka
05-23-2005, 04:27 PM
Hehe, I almost forgot...I got stressed out on Saturday because Rick's been working almost every Saturday for a while and we argued about more family time. He argued that we need to work on the business...well it's been 5 years since he opened and if you ask me, we're doing pretty well--enough so that he can not work on every weekend. Anyway, he left, then he hurt his back on his first job. He had to cancel out his schedule then hobble home. I took him to a chiropractor nearby and they had to pop something back into place. So if anyone deserves a massage, it's him. I can pop a few pills for this doozy of a headache, but that back pain, that's something else entirely. I have to keep him healthy, he's the one bringing in the money!

Julie, congrats on your boy completing preschool! That is a special occasion. Is he looking forward to a new school? Michael asked me what school he was going to next year. He thought after completing this grade he had to go to another school. I guess after having to leave his first preschool since they were closing, then into a new preschool, and leaving that to go into kindergarten, he thinks it's the norm to move around. I assured him he has quite a few years to go with this school.

Oh yeah, AI for sure! Go BO!

PhotogirlTX
05-23-2005, 09:54 PM
guys.... I'll be back tomorrow.. just wanted to let you know I haven't fallen off the face of the earth :D (maybe the wagon, just a tad) but things have been busy here taking care of Hannah and her major burn she got.... I've been home most of the day with her... I need to get back to work tomorrow just to get some computer time and to stay on my diet!!! Being at home sucks when it comes to will power, for me at least... Anyway.. I'll check in tomorrow... and reply to everyone!!!

Cherie

PhotogirlTX
05-24-2005, 11:52 AM
Good Morning everyone.. I am here.. and I am back on track after taking a haitus this past few days. Girls and I had a really nice weekend. We spent it at the pool both Saturday and Sunday... Hannah got majorly burned, because she was in the water constantly. I kept applying sunscreen on her... but I guess it would wash off. Next time.. I am going to have to make her take breaks... let her skin fully dry then apply it and let it dry. About every 30 minutes! Anyway... Sunday, we swam, then we went for pizza and ice cream. It was a really nice day. Sunday night, Alan came over to watch Desperate Housewives with me, so my day was great. Yesterday, I had to go and pick up Hannah from school because of her burn. Poor baby, she was hurting so bad. Even with the medicated soothing gel, and the tylenol I would give her.. she was so uncomfortable. I am happy to report.. she is MUCH better today. I have payroll running tomorrow, so I have a pretty busy day today. I haven't exercised. Since... Hmmmmm.. I can't remember. I need to get back on the treadmill tonight. Amber and Rob's wedding is tonight, so that will give me something to watch.

Oh.. I have to go pay my ticket today, before 2:00 PM.. so I guess I need to start making plans for lunch.

Noelle... how did graduation go today? Awww.. I bet it was sweet. They didn't do that here for Hannah school last year.. so she didn't graduate from Kindergarten, and Meg won't graduate from PreK either. Oh well... I am still proud of our kiddos.

Julie.. I want to go live with your mom. Her new place sounds amazing! I hope she enjoys it!

OK chickies.. I need to get busy working. Hi Kempy and Angie and Cal.... and any of the lurkers! We need some new blood in here! Get things going! :D

OK.. back to the grindstone!

PhotogirlTX
05-24-2005, 01:17 PM
I just went and paid my ticket. $79.00. That sucked. It has gotten me to slow down some, so I guess it's working.

Lunch was a Lean Cuisine Lasagna, cheddar cheese and I am about to have my yogurt. YUM... I'm getting kinda tired of this... I need to see what would be good for the summer and lunch.

OK.. back to work.

Cherie

jbbm
05-24-2005, 02:44 PM
Hi Cherie, I found minute to pop in here :lol:. Sorry about the money for the speeding ticket. Maybe for summer you could add a fruit salad with your yogurt. I shoved two cartons of yogurt in me for lunch, LOL. I needed somthing quick. I hope it keeps me full until supper. I hope your poor little gets better soon. It sounds like a really bad burn. Maybe she could wear a little t-shirt until she heals if she insists on going to the pool this week.

Well I am going to pop out of here now. Have some stuff to do.

Noelle how was the graduation?? I know I am going to cry at the end of this week. My dd wants to wear her Easter dress to it, haha....I am so excited tonight about AI. I have a strange feeling it is going to be a close one. I really hope Bo wins. I hope Rick's back is better. Poor thing. And dh and I agrue too. Ds goes to catholic school now but next year it is a different school so I am trying to explain too that it is going to be different. But now Michael can get settled at the one he is at :).

Okay Hello everyone else.

jbbm
05-24-2005, 03:25 PM
Right now I am trying to talk the kids into going for a wagon walk. But they just want to play outside. Ugh, wanted to get some excercise. Now they will want a snack picnic out there-chips or popcorn and some juice. No no for me. It doesn't help I am so hungry either. Maybe I will put on my suit and watch them play and, and being in my suit will give me the feeling not to snack, I hope!! I can't wait until dinner. Maybe bean enchiladas. Alot of salt but alot good too!! Just will have to chug more water. Check back later on. Bye for now :).

PhotogirlTX
05-25-2005, 09:36 AM
Good Morning! :-) I'm sitting here eating my Kashi cereal and totally ignored the doughnuts, muffins and bagels they have in the breakroom. I wasn't prepared to see them this morning, usually they have that stuff on Friday, so I have time to build my resolve... it was a test of my will power, that is for sure! :D

I have payroll to run, so I will be back later... I'll talk to you all soon!

Cherie

jbbm
05-25-2005, 11:47 AM
Great job Cherie!! I ate terrible last night....smores. Thats all I will say. But had dd's leftover blueberries for breakfast. Cherie I watched some of the Rob and Amber wedding what did you think?? I thought he looked so handsome and she looked beautiful. I didn't get to see the whole thing because of AI. Just bits and pieces.

Noelle, who do you think it is going to be?? I actually voted for the first time since watching the show and got through....and Bo said thanks for voting for me and something else about the phone lines or something I think.

Kempy how are you today?? Miss ya girl. I bet your yard is looking great.

Angie miss you too. I want to send you a laptap so we can chit-chat like we use to!! I hope business is booming!!

Hi everyone else. Have a great day and I will check back....

Kempyd
05-25-2005, 11:56 AM
I am home today. We are closed on Wednesday. I am still in a funky mood though. Joe and I are trying to plan a diet together but he keeps telling me that I need to eat as clean as I can. I am whinning the whole time and I think he is getting agravated by it. I just don't want to eat chicken breast and salad all day long. That just doesn't sound good to me.

Cherie I was young when i go my first bad burn too. It was no fun. I will never forget having to lay on the floor b/c everything else hurt. I was at the beach and I don't even think I have sunscreen. Did that have the back then? Take care of that cutie.

Noelle how is Rick's back. Did he stay home any this week?

Angie where in the heck are ya?

Ok, I am going to head out and try to workout in a minute. I just wanted to pop on and say hi.

jbbm
05-25-2005, 12:11 PM
Kempy my dear you are not alone....I can not stop eating junk food. I feel so bad about it. I was doing so well in March but fell off the wagon and got ran over by it and still not have recovered :lol:LOL!!!! I am not a big salad fan. And I always feel like I have to do something with the chicken breast. Like fancy it up like bbq sauce or chicken parmesan or something mexican. I want to eat clean to and try to cut back on SUGAR!! Talk to you later.

Kempyd
05-25-2005, 02:55 PM
I know that I am not alone. It just comes so easily to Joe. He is an all or nothing kind of person and I am, well, just lazy. I know that Ihave to work at things to make them happen but it just isn't fair that I have to cut out so much. I am going to see if I can find some recipes that will help me get through this. I will give them to you if I find any. I know that you like to cook. I take that back, you may not like it but you are always cooking some great stuff. I am going outside to wash the truck. It is pretty nasty.

Kempyd
05-25-2005, 07:32 PM
HELLOOOOOOOOO is there an echo in here?

jbbm
05-25-2005, 07:49 PM
Hello to you Kempy.
How are ya?? I hope you got your truck sparkly clean!! And you bet I will take any tasty recipes you want to give out. I am sorry you are having a tough time. I am too, my dh can pass up things like dessert and such and I can't. This might be my last post for the night?? AI finale is on in a few. Tonight for dinner dh grilled brats and dd doesn't really care for them so I made a small spaghetti bake. A weird mix of everything.

Hi everyone....I hope you are all doing well!! Bye for now

melekalikimaka
05-25-2005, 08:40 PM
Hey girls.... busy today, just popping in to say hello. Julie I'm jealous!!! you're probably at home watching that darn AI finale. So what's the verdict? Did our beloved Bo win it? I have to take Michael to his karate class which gets out at 7 so i should be able to be home and all ready to watch it. This anticipation is bugging me!

Kempy, Rick is the same as Joe. Once he makes the decision to eat clean and exercise he goes all out and just does it. Me? I start out with him then fizzle out and end up right back where I was before. I just saw some pics taken yesterday at the graduation and boy do I feel really disappointed and disgusted w/myself. *sigh* Yeah, it's just laziness that's keeping me from doing what I need to do. I think I need to have Dr. Phil kick my @ss or something :lol: Can ya come over and wash my car too? The darn cats sleep on the hood and leave all their hair behind and footprints right up the glass and roof. This is really frustrating when ya get the car all clean and sparkling like you like it--makes me want to run them critters over sometimes!

Cherie you are awesome w/your willpower. That Kashi is good stuff, loaded w/fiber so it keeps you full. Do you stick with one flavor or do you like to mix things up? I like the Go-Lean Crunch, and the Cinna-Raisin Crunch. The regular Go-Lean kinda tastes like pressed wood? Not that I know what pressed wood tastes like but I do know how it smells :lol: anyway, good going on that healthy eating. :dancer: Take care of that little girl of yours. That sun can be nasty. It only takes one mean burn to make them listen to you about putting sunscreen on and wearing a hat for protection.

Anywhoooo, what the heck happened to Angie? Where are ya girl?

Cal, are you out of school on Friday or have you already sprung from the cage, hehe. Did you get my email about those DIsney pics? They will be in the collages @ Disneyland. Go check it out! I'm excited.

I gotta run and get this stuff on my desk squared away. Talk w/ya laters.

melekalikimaka
05-25-2005, 10:11 PM
Julie, say it isn't so!

Did that robot win AI? :(

Kempyd
05-25-2005, 10:19 PM
Hey , how did you hear? I wasn't going to say anything b/c it was a really good show. Girl do you have connections on the east coast?:D

jbbm
05-25-2005, 10:40 PM
:lol: :lol: Noelle :lol: :lol:

Kempyd
05-25-2005, 10:42 PM
I knew that you would be back Julie. I was bored after the show so I got on to see if there were anymore posts. What did you think about the show?

jbbm
05-25-2005, 10:45 PM
Noelle :rolleyes: :shrug: Kempy, I am so totally bummed....and Noelle how did you find out?? I can't believe it. I am so mad!!!! Bo is awesome and always will be. Look at Clay he is doing way better than Ruben. I think he will do just fine in the future. Well I am going to try and get some stuff done and then go to bed. I will try and sleep!! Talk to you girls later. Luv ya all. Good Night Everyone else.

PhotogirlTX
05-26-2005, 10:38 AM
Good Morning everyone... Yeah.. it's Thursday! Well.. because I was bored.. and nothing else was on TV.. I watched your American Idol. I think both finalist were outstanding, however based on the two songs they sang with their respective idols, Carrie sounded better. Bo, on the other hand... I think in the long run, he will do MUCH better sucess wise than Carrie. He just has that special something about him. Although I could see him easily as the lead singer for some nice alternative band more than I can as a solo artist... Carrie will do OK in the country field. Anyway.... I am glad I didn't have to decided, they were both outstanding. And what about the nice cars they got! Woo Hoo... I want one!

Later, after the girls went to bed... I started watching Poltergeist III. It freaked me out a bit... because it dealt with mirrors.. I am irrationally afraid of mirrors in the dark, and it stems back from my childhood of have a few re ocurring dreams where my mom would apprear in my mirror in my bedroom, and I would turn to talk to her, and she wasn't in the room, turn to the mirror and she was in the mirror. Ever since then... I hate mirrors. That was the exact premise in the movie last night where they would see something in the mirror that was not quite right .... brought back alot of anxiety for me. But stupid me.. continued to watch it... and when it address my other childhood re occurring nightmare... cars that start up on their own (headlights come one and it starts driving) well, I turned the movie off. So I had to face two of my most disturbing childhood memories... right before I had to go to bed, ALONE. Sucked! :D Anyway.. once I did fall asleep, I think I did ok.. had some dreams but I can't quite remember them.

OK.. I guess I need to get busy with work. I have a lot to do in the next few weeks, we are changing payroll systems.. and I have to make sure everything is right on track! Talk to you guys soon.

Cherie

melekalikimaka
05-26-2005, 03:29 PM
Good morning girls. Well since I already found out who won AI I didn't really watch the whole show (I was too disgusted). But anyway, I lurk over on TWOP (televisionwithoutpity.com) it's a hilarious forum where they have recaps of popular shows and have forums where people discuss what's going on. They have a spoiler thread where I got the info before the show aired here. Some radio stations broadcast the results as well. Man, Carrie was so emotional that that last song was really baaaaddd.... oh wait, maybe that was just, Carrie. :devil: Nah, she CAN sing but I just don't like that style of music. She's much too "shouty" and reminiscent of Kelly Clarkson (whose style I like a teeny-tiny bit better, but not much). Anyway, yesterday afternoon I had to re-wash the hood and roof of my car since those stinkin' cats slept on it and some sticky pawprints and cat hair was stuck all over it, I listened to my new AI4 CD (I know, I'm a dork). I really liked Vonzell's Best of My Love song, reminds me of when I was a little kid :lol: And surprisingly, Scott Savol actually sounded pretty good (at least I didn't have to see him). Anyway, I will wait with bated breath for Bo's rocking CD to come out. :p

Cherie, those movies make me freak out too. I don't have a fear of mirrors (other than looking at myself :dizzy: ) but I can relate to the car thing. Remember the movie Christine? :lol: or the other Stephen King one, the one with the big rig trucks? I forget what it's called, but those were frightening. The trucks held the people hostage in this rinky-dink diner and made them fuel them up but wouldn't let them leave. I think Emilio Estevez was in that one :T

Hey to Julie, Kempy, Angie, Cal and everyone...Rick's coming in, gotta pretend to be working :s:

jbbm
05-26-2005, 07:01 PM
Hey girls back from dinner, damn I knew the day was going to smoothly....I broke on of my favorite serving bowls. Ugh, that ticks me off. Plus glass everywhere. Oh well I hope I got everything cleaned up!! I will check back later to see if anyone had time to pop in. Bye for now :)....

melekalikimaka
05-26-2005, 09:18 PM
Awwwww Julie, congratulations again to your little DS. I know exactly how you feel. Just hearing that Pomp and Circumstance music makes a lump in my throat :lol: Sounds like y'all enjoyed a fun family day. Sorry you broke your favorite bowl, be careful, you don't want to hurt yours or anyone else's tootsies.

Michael has one more day of school and then he's free as a bird for a few weeks. We are dog-sitting my sister's boss' poodle and Michael just adores her. She's spent summers with us for the past 3 years or so and I told him that she was his graduation present until he has to go back to school :lol: Tomorrow they get dismissed from school @ 10:00 a.m. so I think I'm going to cram all my work in today and try to take off work early tomorrow so I can fool around (what's new?) :s:

Does anyone have anything special planned this long weekend? I told Michael that we could pitch the tent in the backyard and sleep outside at least one night this weekend--I am so looking forward to that! NOT! :rolleyes: I guess being at home in a tent in the backyard is better than actually being in a tent on the beach or something. I am so not an outdoorsy person :lol: I have an air mattress we can use so it should at least be comfortable. I can always sneak back into the house when Michael and Rick are sleeping :devil:

Well, gotta get going again, don't want to have to come back to the office tommorow. Have a good night all.

PhotogirlTX
05-27-2005, 09:57 AM
Good Morning! TGIF!! :D I am so happy it's the weekend..almost.... :-)

Julie... and Noelle.. congrats to your little ones! I bet they looked so cute! I wish we had graduations here.. but we don't .. oh well.

Last night (evening) I took the girls to Hannah's teacher's house. She was having a swim party for her students and family... so Hannah had a GREAT time.. she even jumped off the diving board in the deep end! That was a first... then I couldn't keep her off. It was too cold for Megan, so she just sat on my lap alot, eating everything she could get her hands on. Last night after we got home, I finished up laundry and cleaned the apartment.. dishes, picking up toys, vaccuuming... etc. Girls are packed up and their dad will pick them up this afternoon. I still have them while he works tomorrow.. but after that he has them til Monday. I have no plans other than going over to Alans tonight.. and then tomorrow the girls and I will hang out at the pool I guess and watch a movie tomorrow night or something.

Noelle.. sleeping out in the backyard sounds like fun!!!! Michael will love that!

OK.. well, I have a TON to do today before I leave for the long weekend.. so I better get crackin'! Talk to you soon!

Cherie

jbbm
05-27-2005, 10:21 AM
Good Morning Girls

Thanks Noelle and Cherie.

Cherie your night last night sounded fun, but not the cleaning part :lol:. You got a swimmer on your hands for sure!! That was really nice of her teacher to do that. I am glad you are getting time with Alan this weekend and the girls with their Dad.

Well I am going to find something for breakfast. Late one. But ds was up at six-twenty. He has been itchy lately and I don't know what it is. He seems fine now.

I really don't have any plans for this weekend. Maybe a cook-out or something. TGIF....hi everyone.

jbbm
05-27-2005, 10:24 AM
Oh Noelle I forgot to say have fun "camping", you are right you can sneak in the house if it gets to outdoorsy ;). At least you will not be sleeping on the ground in a sleeping bag ;). Makes me think of smores. YUM :).

PhotogirlTX
05-27-2005, 12:50 PM
:-) well, it's almost noon here and I am counting down the hours... it's raining outside however, so not much to do outside.. other than spend time with my sweetie! Oh well... I have gotten alot done here at work... oh.. and I got caught singing.. hahahaha.. I have my headphones on.. and well, I just love my music... and and start singing without realizing it.. I am such a dork!

melekalikimaka
05-27-2005, 06:09 PM
It's official. Schools out for the summer until July 19 anyway... Michael is being bored out of his skull with me in the office. I came in to get my paycheck and we'll be heading off to lunch soon.

Check these pictures out, my baby who just finished kindergarten :( :lol:
The picture on the left is the first day of school (July 04), then the right on Graduation Day.

jbbm
05-27-2005, 08:50 PM
Noelle he is a total doll!! He looks so much older now. I know about the bored thing. It is raining here, but...the sun is out at the same time and the sky is dark. Just Beautiful. Well everyone have an wonderful weekend. No plans here, just hopefully relaxing with the family.

jbbm
05-27-2005, 08:52 PM
Cherie....what were you singing?? :lol: :lol:.

jbbm
05-27-2005, 11:29 PM
Good Night Friends....Have a great weekend!!

calnative
05-28-2005, 12:46 AM
I finally have some time to post a little.
We have a 3 day weekend and I'm so glad. I will be childless again tomorrow; hubbie has to work and Ashley's best friend invited her to the lake with the family. I'm going to enjoy the peace and quiet. I've got all my grading done and will post grades on report cards Tuesday. Our last day of school is Friday, June 3. We are starting to get ready for our trip.
I found out that I will be teaching 7th and 8th grade writing next year. I won't have to teach Literature this time; I can focus only on writing. I'm really looking forward to it. I will have some of the same students next year that I have this year.....Wait a minute!! I'm not sure that's a good thing. :lol:

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Julie: Thank you. You were a great help.

Angie: I will try to call sometime this weekend. I want to let you know when we'll be in Maine. Right now it looks like July 2 and 3.

Noelle: Michael looks so cute. He looks so much like his dad. Ashley's graduation last year was really great too. We're going to Disneyland later in July; we're going to take our nephew from Italy who will be visiting. I'll look for those pictures. By the way, thank you for the e-mail. The pictures are great and how exciting that they will be part of Disneyland. I hope you can come out again in the fall.

Kempy: Hope you have a great weekend.

Cherie: I know you'll have a great weekend. Enjoy your childless hours. :D

Hello to anyone I may have missed.

Cal

calnative
05-30-2005, 11:50 PM
Just bringing us up from page 2. I guess everyone is having a very busy weekend. Hope everyone is doing well.

Angie: I never got a chance to call you; I will try in the next week.

Cal

PhotogirlTX
05-31-2005, 09:57 AM
Good Morning Everyone! Happy Late Memorial Day to you all. I had a GREAT weekend... I am sore today, and tired... but in a really good mood.

Friday night, I went to see the Star Wars movie... I'm not a SW freak, but it was an OK movie. Saturday, Alan and I went to a corvette auto cross so he could listen to exhausts.. hahaha.. yeah.. not too exciting, but it was time I got to spend with him. That afternoon, I picked up the girls and we went to the pool for a few hours. They went back to their dad's that night and stayed with him til yesterday. Sunday, we got up and went to another auto cross, where Alan and his friend Jonathan actually ran with the corvette. I took pictures of all the cars for them (for the OKSCCA actually). That lasted ALL DAY... I was so tired that evening from the sun and the wind etc.... that night we met back up with a group of about 8 and had a wonderful dinner at PF Changs. Yesterday, we got up early again, and the guys loaded up the ATVs and dirt bikes and we went to the lake and I went four wheeling for a few hours (that is why I am sore). I got the girls back yesterday around 1.. and off to the pool again... then later we had the traditional Memorial Day meal.. watermelon, burgers etc.. and apple pie! YUM... Needless to say, I wasn't watching my diet this weekend.

I am back on track today. Drinking my water..... I've got four days of work, then I drive the girls to Texas this weekend.. YEAH! :D

Cal.... I know you will be glad school will be over this week. My girls have three more days of classes. Congrats on the writing assignment... Hopefully you will have an easier year.

Noelle... awwwwww Michael is just so handsome! Congrats again! :-)

Julie... I can't remember what I was singing.... today, I will make a point of not listening to music... so I won't disturb the other people. :D

OK.. well, I have so much to do this week... I'll talk to you all soon!

Cherie

jbbm
05-31-2005, 11:25 AM
Hi Girls!!!!

Cherie, your weekend sounds like you had a wonderful one. Busy but a lot of fun activities all in one. I was totally not watching what I ate either. But I am drinking my water too so hopefully that helps with the pms and water retention from over eating. I wanted to ask you, I might start taking those acolipodus(sp??) pills. Do you still take them, have you noticed a difference in how you feel?? Thanks. Keep on singing ;)....

Cal Hi I hope you had a nice weekend too.

Well I am going to get going, I had a total of three cook-outs. Plus desserts. But took some long walks. Ugh, I got to work all of it off. Well girls have a good day and I will check back later.

PhotogirlTX
05-31-2005, 11:31 AM
Hey Julie... about Acidophilus... I started taking it because of my internal yeast issues.. my night sweats, not sleeping, etc. Well... what I was taking was a pill form from Nature Made that was in a bottle, kept on my shelf. I've since talked to my step dad, he is a chiropractor, and he does alot of suppilmental therapies.. and he said what I was taking was no good. I need to go to someplace like GNC or a health food store and buy the Acidophilus that is kept in the fridge what contains the live bacteria. I haven't done that yet. However, I have been eating my yogurt almost daily now, and since I've been exercising, and eating right, my night sweats are practically gone. So, yes, I do feel better. I just had to cut back on the sugar and breads.. and just basically doing what we all need to do, exercise and a proper diet. All of that has helped me ten fold in how I feel and the physical aspects I was experiencing.

:-) ok.. back to work... not singing yet... still not music. Maybe later! :D Oh.... and I've set myself up on a new goal.. Labor Day goal. Something to keep me motivated for the next three months. :-)

jbbm
05-31-2005, 11:33 AM
Noelle I wanted to mention, I was talking to my mom this weekend and she was watching "THE DOG". I just could not stop laughing watching that guy. I wonder how old he is?? I need him to get me up every morning and kick my butt into shape. But, anyway I wanted to mention he was headed off to the town where you live, I believe. So that was kind of neat. I got to see the area. Okay enough babbling from me. Later Girls....

jbbm
05-31-2005, 11:39 AM
Thanks Cherie, you are a great help. Great information. I will try and eat my yogurt once a day. I get the plain non-fat dannon or the light kind. Taste bland (plain) but I don't really want the extra sugars and carbs. You know after dh and I got done eating a really HUGE dessert loaded with sugar, I felt blah and couldn't really sleep. So I think there is a connection. Okay I am with you for the labor day goal. I want to weigh what I did last Labor Day.
So count me in :drill: :).

Kempyd
05-31-2005, 12:49 PM
Hey guys. I am home for lunch and I thought I would pop on. I would have come on Friday but I was sick. I went to a NUCCA doctor and he gave me an adjustment and he told me that I would feel bad and boy was he right. I think I got sick from him releasing all of the toxins out of my system. Maybe the website will tell you more. www.nucca.org I feel 100% better today and I was fine by Sat. I just felt like crap Fri. We went and saw SWars yesterday. I really liked it. Cherie I know that you said you werent really a fan but I like them so this was just up my alley. Joe and I started our diets again today. So far so good but I have only had breakfast so far. I guess we will see what happens by tomorrow. I am keeping my fingers crossed. We have been getting much needed rain over the past few days. I am not going to complain but I wish it would soak in a little b4 it rains again. I hate dragging the sprinklers all over the yard.

Noelle I can't believe how big Michael got. Who would have thought that he would grow that much in a year. What are you guys going to do today?

Cherie how long are you going to be in TX. I wonder how close you will be to me.

Cal you are going to be in ME right after Angie's b-day. She and I are both July 1. I can't believe that is so close again. Those stupid b-day are getting closer together I swear.

Julie Joe and I pigged out this weekend b/c we knew that we were starting this today. I ate one of those small containers of Ben & Jerry in 2 days just so I could get the craving out and also to get it out of the house. I will be going to right along side of you guys but our goal is out vacation. I think we are leaving the week right b4 Labor day so that should work out.

Has anybody heard from Angie? I hope she is ok.

Well, I need to fix my lunch and then head back to work. I have one client today. I really need to work on getting some new people. I am starting to have to many open days again.

jbbm
05-31-2005, 01:07 PM
Hi Kempy,
I have not heard from Angie in a while. I hope she is okay too. That doctor did he give you like a massage for getting the toxins out?? It sounds interesting. Something I might look into. I know what you mean about wanting to get the junk out of the house. But both of my kids birthdays are in the next two weeks. Which means cake and more cooking. I will try and have self control.

Well busy afternoon. Gotta get the kids finished with their lunch and get mine in. Then it is off to get haircuts. I am trying to get in today but it does not look like I will be able to. Check back later on.

Hi Everyone!!

melekalikimaka
05-31-2005, 02:42 PM
Hey girls, Happy Tuesday! I missed y'all over the weekend. We didn't camp out in the backyard after all well, because no one wanted to bother with the tent. We watched Madagascar on Friday night (funny). Then my mom's b-day was on Saturday, and my nephew graduated from HS so we all went to that in the early afternoon. They had a "project grad" party with all kinds of good food and some local comedians for entertainment. That was hilarious. The grads went to an undisclosed location for some alcohol free fun and an overnight stay. I have yet to find out where they went. Sunday and Monday we just went window shopping and lazed around the house. I took a 2 hour nap in the afternoon yesterday and couldn't sleep last night--go figure? So now I'm yawning :tired:

Cherie, girl your weekend sounded like a blast. I know listening to car engines isn't much fun--if you do it for the whole day, but at least you got to see nice cars and see your sweetie acting like a little boy in a toy store eh :lol:? Your trip is coming up fast then? Cool!

Kempy, I really liked the SW Sith movie too--so much that I bought the DVD boxed set of episodes 4, 5 and 6 off of QVC (the Gold edition, oooh, aaaaah :lol: ) Rick said that I really liked it because in this episode, evil won :s: Glad to hear you're feeling much better. I'm going to check out that site you mentioned, I think I need to look into getting some chiropractic adjustments--that and getting a new mattress. My current one is just dead.

Julie, wow, 3 cookouts. I'm sure you did fine. We didn't have any this weekend surprisingly. I still ate like a :ink: though. So "the Dog" was in my neighborhood? Not surprising. I call the cops on my neighbors and all the other weirdos that come rambling onto the street all the time. I don't know what time that show is on regularly, but I do watch it once in a while. I just saw one they filmed in Colorado--the people out there seemed a little more violent than here. That is such a scary job to have. I think he's in his early 50's and Beth is in her early 30's? What a pair eh? :rolleyes: :eek:

Cal, I really wish to visit Disney in the fall again too. We haven't really made plans for any vacation this year but I definitely want to go back within the next year. I hope you can find those pics on the collage, that would be so cool. Enjoy your summer break, just a few days away! Is your nephew traveling alone to the states?

Angie, I hope you're doing well!!! I hope it's just the tourists keeping you busy and not that you got tired of us. :( Miss ya!

Well, I gotta get some work done, like Cherie said, a 4 day work week and have to cram 5 days of work in. Have a great one everybody :wave:

Kempyd
05-31-2005, 07:19 PM
Noelle I told Joe when we left that I wanted to watch the other 3 now. (the ones from the early 80's)I just got goose umps when Darth Vader started to breath through that helmet. COOL!!!!! You always sound like you guys have so much fun. It sounds like life over there is really family oriented.

Julie the doc just kind of pressed on my jaw a little. It is really hard to explain. I was all freaked out thinking he was going to hurt me b/c I have never even gone to a regular Chiropractor. Once he started to work on me I just relaxed. It was a really neat experience. I have to go back Thrusday to see if I held the adjustment.

Well, what in the world to do you watch when all of the season finales have aired? I have no idea what to do with myself right now.

Kempyd
06-01-2005, 11:34 AM
I have made it through day 1 on this plan. I was so hungry last night around 9. I ended up eating some babay carrots. I could have done worse. Joe seems to think that my metabolism is kicking in. I find it hard to believe that only one day of eating like this is going to make that much of a difference. I am going to keep my fingers crossed though.

I really should be cleaning the house. I have to work at the gym today and I don't want to come home to a dirty house. I just wanted to check and see if any of you guys have posted.

melekalikimaka
06-01-2005, 07:32 PM
Hey girls, how's everyone's day going? I went and got my 3-week (manicure)fill and pedicure this morning now I feel nice and pampered. I would normally go on a Saturday but my appt. got cancelled at the last minute. I took Michael for a haircut and when we got home he was complaining of a headache. I made him take some Tylenol and made him take a nap, which he didn't complain about--I guess the headache was real? Anyway, that was my non-eventful morning. I'm back in the office now though.

I just got an email from my sister about my 16 y.o. niece. Apparently this morning she was at a bus stop near school, and one of her "friends" got into a verbal exchange with someone they knew sitting in a car (the passenger) waiting at a stop light. Well, the passenger got out and started a fight with my niece's friend, then my niece jumps into it. Get this! The person's mother gets out of the car and punches my niece in the face, then jumps back into the car and drives off. :shrug: The VP called my sister and told her what happened, and said he was not a liberty to release any names. He only called to ask if it was ok for my niece to press charges against this maniac of a mother with the police. Of course my sis said yes. She said my niece didn't want to talk about what happened but said she would tell her after school got out. My niece has taken judo lessons since she was around 6 years old. She recently got into boxing within the last year. I hope she isn't using any of that stuff to throw her meager weight around--she must weigh all of 110 lbs? But that still doesn't justify that stupid mother getting out of her vehicle and laying her hands on a kid! Dumb dumb dumb. I hope my niece presses charges and makes this person accountable for her actions. So ahem, I guess my morning wasn't that boring after all.

Kempy, good job on sticking with your plan! :cp: The first and second day are always the hardest for me too. I hate that hungry feeling though. I guess you just have to drown it out with water? Good going!

Anyway, I've rambled on and on...hope the rest of you can come out and post! Have a good one!

jbbm
06-01-2005, 10:38 PM
Hi Girls Just saying Good Night!!!!

Oh what a busy day, sorry I could not get on to post but had a good reason, it was ds's b-day. It seems like he was just born. :( :) :lol:....I love him so much!!!! (I admit I watched his newborn tape :lol:) We had a fun day, he got to pick where went and what we did. Went to my mom's new house and jumped on the trampoline she just got and did water balloons in the backyard. Then hit McDonalds, Dairy Queen, and had a cake and ice cream party tonight. So yes I ate waaaay to much. But oh well. Well I am so tired. But still have a major sugar buzz. Yuck. I hate that. It might be hard to sleep.

Noelle, that is just terrible about your neice. I hope she is okay. What kind of person would punch a kid?? My gosh. I hope Michael is feeling okay.

Kempy great job honey on sticking to your plan. Baby carrots....better than junk!! I am going to try and go straight to being OP tomorrow. I will let you know if I did and if not you can come and kick my butt!!

jbbm
06-01-2005, 10:42 PM
Forgot to say HI everyone else.

Cherie, didn't hear from ya today?? I hope you had a good day too.

Cal, how is it going sweetheart??

Angie miss ya babe. I bet those customers have you working so hard. Don't work to hard.

Okay now I am going to go and try and get rid of this sugar kick and try and sleep. Hope to talk with you all tomorrow.

jbbm
06-02-2005, 11:01 AM
Good Morning Girls

I have a busy day today. The kids got their haircuts this week and today its my turn. I hope she pampers me and gives me a scalp massage but she is always such in a hurry. I mean a hair cut plus tip almost forty dollars and damn it no scalp massage :lol:. I will let you know how it turns out. I have a lot of dead ends so basically a trim up and shape up the layers. Or should I go blond?? My dh would freak. I know he secretly likes blonds. I am staying my brunette. Oh I wanted to tell you girls I am going to try to do like a yeast free diet for a couple of weeks. Last summer when I cut out the "white" stuff I was at goal. So I am going to give it my best until dd's b-day in a couple of weeks. That means more cake and probally a pizza.

Cherie, where are you at?? Everyone Hello. Check back later

jbbm
06-02-2005, 11:07 AM
Oh I just wanted to mention. Cherie, yesterday morning I made homemade oatbran-blueberry muffins. The recipe is on the back of the box of Quaker Oat Bran. I just love that stuff. You can use it to bread things. Or meatloaf and meatballs and spaghetti. Well just wanted to tell you that because I know you like oatmeal like me. Talk to you all later. Have a great day everyone. It is almost Friday!! :) :)

jbbm
06-02-2005, 01:03 PM
Hi just checking to see if anyone was here. I will try and check back later today.

melekalikimaka
06-02-2005, 01:39 PM
Hi girls, almost the weekend! I am having a laundry day today. Last night Michael mentions that his hamper is full. I was playing a game on the Xbox so I didn't really comment on it. When I finish and go into my bedroom, his full (overflowing) hamper is sitting in the middle of my floor. How's that for a hint? :lol: I'm feel like such a bad mom, making my child go without clean clothes :lol: He had karate lessons last night. He did pretty darn good if I say so myself. They have to learn a succession of moves (kata) and terms in order to pass on to the next level belt. The class ranges in age from 5 to 13? but the sensei splits them up by ability so no one gets left behind, which I like. It's fun to watch all the little ones with their small voices shouting out like the big kids. I hope these lessons toughens him up a bit, he acts a little shy but I know he's not. I want him to be a little more assertive in life, ya know?

Julie, did ya get your haircut yet? That always feels good. You don't have to go full-on blonde--I like your brunette tones BTW, but maybe you could experiment with a couple of blonde highlights (or lowlights)...ask the hair dresser. I finally got some lighter toned highlights worked into my hair to camoflauge (sp) the gray. It works to a certain degree, but man, my gray is really becoming a problem! I'm old! :lol: You know, sometimes when I'm getting my pedicure done I think about what it would be like if all of us got together and just had a spa day--hair, nails, facials, massage, the works! That would be great. :cloud9:

Well, gotta get a jump start on Mt. Laundry. I'll probably come back into the office a little later in the afternoon. Until then, have a great day everyone. :wave:

calnative
06-03-2005, 08:17 AM
Just a quick note to pull us up from page 2.
Today is the last day of school; finally!!
I'll post more later.

Cal

Kempyd
06-03-2005, 08:18 PM
Well, I am pulling us up from page 2 just like CAL did. Wow, where is everyone?

I didn't get a chance to post last night b/c we went and got a new car. :dance: We got an Acura I will try to see if I can find a pic of it to post. I was kind of freaked out at the dealerhsip last night b/c I was so attatced to the truck. There is that thing that Julie and I have. I really didn't want to get rid of it but it was smart to get something with better gas mileage. Not that I drive anywhere. It is 7 miles to amd from work for me. Isn't that wonderful?

Cal I bet you are out celebrating right now huh?

Noelle that sounds cute with Karate. I always wanted to do that when i was younger. Oh yeah, and no one if going to touch my feet when we have our girls day. :nono: :lol: I have a weird thing about people touching my feet. I do all of my own pedicures.

Julie do I need to come up there and kick your butt today? I swear I am going to show up at your house to have dinner one day. You make my mouth water with all of the things that you make.

Cherie and Angie I hope to hear from you soon.

Kempyd
06-03-2005, 08:20 PM
We got this one in white. I have to go get the windows tinted though b/c it is way to hot down here not to have that.

jbbm
06-03-2005, 09:06 PM
Howdy Girls

Kempy you lucky thing you!!!! That car ROCKS....I want one. Better yet, drive on up and kick my *** for being so bad :lol:. I have been eating everything in sight. I can't wait for Sunday for TOM to come. You are right, I have a hard very hard time letting things go....my first car I cried like a baby even though it was a piece of sh*t....plymouth horizon. Hahahahaha....it was so ugly but I cried so hard. You come up here and I will cook you anything you want. Have fun in that new bed :devil:this weekend and driving that new car. Happy for you!!

Cal I am so excited for you. You can finally have sometime to relax. Focus on yourself this summer if you have time. I know you have a dd and a dh but you need to put you first. I should talk, I felt guilty leaving the kids yesterday getting my haircut :lol:.

Cherie, are you on your way to Texas today?? If you are drive safe and can't wait to hear from you girl.

Angie, sweetheart I hope everything is going okay with you. I miss you. Post when you can and want.

Noelle, yup I got it cut, pretty much a trim. And I asked for a scalp massage and she gave me one. It was like heaven. Oh god. Don't look like Jessica Simpson or Pam Anderson but I will settle for myself, LOL. I asked her about highlights but she said I have really pretty hair color. With natural tints?? So okay. I am glad Michael did well in karate. I want the same thing for my ds to be assertive, I mean it is a tough world out there these days and you have to go for what you want and say what you want, I don't want him to be rude or anything but you know what I mean?? Did I tell you he turned six on Wednesday. I think our boys are the same age now. Btw I am up for a spa day. That would be great.

Hi everyone and have wonderful weekend.

jbbm
06-03-2005, 09:13 PM
Oh, Kempy did the adjustment stick?? I hope you are feeling better. Take care girls.

melekalikimaka
06-03-2005, 09:45 PM
Hey girls! Happy freakin' Friday! :dancer: Not much time to post, been busy running around all day going crazy :crazy:. We have a home and garden show coming up and the deadline for advance payment was up today, had to go and pay the proper companies so we could get the cheaper price for booth rental, electricity, etc... it's gonna be a hectic month.

Kempy, all I can say about that car is SASSY! :cool: That is a beautiful machine. Did you get it with satellite radio and navigation system? You can program it to Julie's house and it'll show you the way with cool sounds. Happy driving!

Julie, I agree with your stylist, you have a beautiful brunette tone to your hair. I'm glad she said so too. You totally deserve time off for yourself, no guilt!

Cal, congratulations on getting through another school year :high:. Enjoy your break. I bet Ashley is excited about having time off as well. Have you guys hit the 100's yet? Whew, we've been getting consistent even 90's for the past week or so, but finally some rain to cool things down.

Cherie, if you're off for your fun weekend, ENJOY! and be safe out there.

Angie, what's up lady? Hope you get some time to post this weekend. If you need to talk, we're all here to listen :listen:

We have a carvnival/fair going on for the next couple of weekends (celebrating HI as the 50th state). anyway, Camille Velasco and Diana DeGarmo will be performing tonight and tomorrow night. I hope to catch at least one of their sets~~does my AI geekdom never end? :lol:

Have a fun and safe weekend everyone. I'll try and pop in later.

Dips'n'twists
06-04-2005, 11:48 AM
Ciao Ladies

Okay, I've been out of the loop for the last two months but as most of you know I was in the process of moving into my very first apartment. YAY! It took me another month to find the right computer and then another few weeks after that to get my *** online. So now I can breathe a huge sigh of relief and get back to my girls.

I see you're all doing well, Kempy has new wheels, School's out for Cal (Personally I hate when school lets out because now I'll be dealing with kids wandering around the city with nothing to do. No more peace at the mall), Noelle as busy as ever and julie is doin' her thing, Ahhh just like old times. HI ANGIE!!

Okay I have some running around to do myself so I gotta go but I wiil be back later in tonight. CIAO!!!

Dips