Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 08:39 AM   #1  
Southside White Sox Fan

Default Sunday May Day Menu, May 1, 2005

Happy May everyone! My favorite month since both Jim and my Birthdays are in May.

Breakfast: Oatmeal made with skim and 1/2 cup homemade applesauce

Lunch: Can of Progresso Lentil Soup

Snack: Chocolate Cherry Smoothie

Dinner: Mixed field greens salad, Lean Strip Steak, Baby Red Potatoes roasted with olive oil and garlic, fresh broccoli

Snack: SF/FF Chocolate Fudge pudding
Old 05-01-2005, 08:41 AM   #2  

b: malt o meal, banana, milk
l: chicken salad w/whole wheat tortilla, pear, milk
s: applesauce
d: family is having pizza, I'm having more Froufie's soup, salad, milk

I WILL stick to my menu today...

Angela
Old 05-01-2005, 12:28 PM   #3  

No extra points today. I really don't need them.

B cream of wheat pudding
S - fruit
L - baked potato and kale
S - yogurt
D - polenta pie with beans and soy cheese
S - fruit/carrots

Tomorrow I weigh in. I missed last week, so I really want to finish this week on a high note.
Old 05-01-2005, 01:04 PM   #4  
Melissa

Talking

b: two eggs w/ turkey bacon
l: pasta w/ sauce (12 pts!!) and a salad
d: either crustless pizza or cola chicken w/ potatoes and green beans
s: popcorn and a diet dr. pepper

I haven't done too well w/ the first day of our May challenge but my "week" actually starts tomorrow, so my points "reset" then. Hopefully I haven't damaged weigh-in too much. Oh, maybe I shouldn't eat popcorn! Nah....

EDIT: I actually exercised today! 2 miles w/ WATP. The first day I've really exercised since the infamous stomach virus.

Oh, and we decided on crustless pizza, a request from dh. We'll see how it turns out!

Last edited by septembersgoal; 05-01-2005 at 03:16 PM.
Old 05-01-2005, 03:03 PM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

I'm not sure what I'll be eating today. I wasn't hungry at breakfast, and am still deciding on what to have at dinner tonight with the inlaws. I'm going between fajitas (but I'm not sure they'll adjust the amount of oil it's cooked it), a big salad with shrimp in it, or just go for broke, enjoy the moment with my family and start clean tomorrow.

As for exercise, I wasn't kidding about pushups against the wall! Stand back from the wall a bit, put your hands about eye level with fingers facing in, and go back and forth. After about 35-40 you'll start to feel it and getting nearer to 90-100, you'll wish you hadn't done it. It's a great exercise though to help with the tricep area, which I know we all have problems with. How nice would it be to wave without all that flappy skin!
Old 05-01-2005, 03:17 PM   #6  
Melissa

Kathy, I'm terrible about "going for broke", but sometimes if I think too much about what I'm eating then I will not focus on enjoying the time with my family. So it just depends...will you think about it more if you "cheat", or will you think about it more if you are counting points? I hope you have a good night either way! I'm glad you feel like going out.
Old 05-01-2005, 03:24 PM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

Good point, Melissa!! I don't know -- I feel bad about "watching it" in front of them, sort of like I'm being snotty and trying to be better than them. For instance when we go somewhere, usually MIL and I order the same things because we have such similar tastes. I immediately divide my plate down the middle and only eat half, taking the other half home. She eats all of hers and then some. Sometimes I feel like she might resent that, but of course it's not a subject I would ever bring up. If she does, I realize that's her problem and not mine.

I might just order what I want, eat half and make sure I drink plenty of water. And then tomorrow's a brand new day.
Old 05-01-2005, 03:53 PM   #8  
Melissa

I'm so impressed by people like you who can go out to eat and save half. I'm awful about eating every last bit on my plate when I go out.
Oh and by the way, I'm going to be trying some of those push-ups! Get rid of that flappy skin!
Closed Thread