Paganchicks - Calling all Pagans

View Full Version : Calling all Pagans

Goth_Girl
04-30-2005, 03:48 PM
:D Hello everyone

I'm new to the board and was just wondering if there are any fellow witches, pagans or shamans lurking in the shadows.

Pagan or not it would lovely to talk to any like minded people
Much love Cat x

Tani
04-30-2005, 08:01 PM
Hey Cat!

I'm another pagan chick. (waves hi) I've seen there are at least a few of us wandering around this board. :)

hoofbeats
05-01-2005, 05:33 AM
I looked into it last year, and still have a lot of my stuff and an altar packed away, but my mother sort of talked me out of it.

I also didn't like the idea of the God and Godess. So I Guess now I am forming my own beliefs based on several different religions.. therefore remaining an atheist :)

Goth_Girl
05-01-2005, 07:05 AM
:D hello there!

HAPPY BELTAINE!

Yay! Its really lovely to meet you. Glad to have found some more pagans around.

I'm a solitary hedgewitch of 5 years, I'm out of the broom closet and running amok at the moment. Finally came out to my dad - suprisingly he was fine but was a bit disappointed i wouldnt me marrying my partner in a church - tee hee. My mum has known since the beginning and is really cool with it. I co-run the central london witchcraft gathering in the UK so I find a lot of support with them (as well as laughing so much it hurts).

I look forward to getting to know you better. I tried posting in the Faith Based Support group but didnt meet much responce and was pointing in this direction.

Beltaine blessings everyone!
Cat x

Goddess Jessica
05-01-2005, 11:32 PM
Goth Girl,

I'm pretty agnostic but I practice in an all-faiths women's circle. We get together around different holidays and enjoy the celebration of it all.

Since you're in the UK, you'll get a kick out of this: I'm also a Morris dancer. So, I was out at sunrise this morning bringing up the sun. *yawn* Boy, I'm beat now tho!

Jessica

mauvaisroux
05-01-2005, 11:38 PM
Welcome gothgirl!

I'm not a practicing pagan but have read up on the subject. Studying different religions, cultures, and ways of life is one of my hobbies. I do find a lot of things in paganism and Wicca appeal to me :)

I'm also a gothy/artsy chick. :D

Tani
05-02-2005, 02:09 PM
Happy Beltane :D

I've been a practicing pagan for... almost 20 years, yikes! My circle is scattered geographically, but we get together when we can and always do the public festival / pagan camping circuit in the summer. I live in the Pacific Northwest, so you can't trip without falling over another witch/pagan/heathen.

I started out years ago calling myself a "witchy agnostic," but it's funny how a couple years of ritual and celebration made the agnostic drop off of that. :lol:

solarmama
05-02-2005, 02:42 PM
Happy Beltane, all y'all!

I've been a pagan-inclined lazybones for several years now - for a while I was practicing with a public group out of Unicorn Books in Cambridge, MA, but it's a few hours drive to get there, so I kind of pooped out. I still observe the sabbats in a minimalist sort of way, and give a nod to the moon when she and I pass by, but I don't consider myself a practicing witch. More of an amateur. :) My husband and I were married last summer in a beech grove with the quarters subtly called to witness, and it was a neat thing to see who in my hub's fam had raised eyebrows, and who understood what the references were for - not who I expected on both counts! I can't say I'm loud & proud, but I wear a pentacle regularly, and I meet some nice folks that way. :)

My take on things spiritual was that I needed a female presence in Deity, and I found that the ideas of circularity and balance in Wicca (female-male, light-dark, seasons) resonated for me much better than anything I have encountered up to now.

So greetings, sisters! Merry meet!

Solarmama
P.S. Tani - love the Terry Pratchett quote, he's the only author who has made me understand the phrase "laughed so hard I peed."

mauvaisroux
05-02-2005, 03:08 PM
Yup! I can't read Pratchett's books on the bus as I tend to laugh out loud at them and people think I am nuts. :lol:

I like the thought of spirituality from self rather than an organization. Just works better for me. :)

Tani
05-03-2005, 01:10 PM
hehehehehe I know exactly what you mean about reading on the bus! Also, good idea not to drink beverages you don't want to snort through your nose ;)

lizziness
05-03-2005, 01:23 PM
Tani - used to live by bellingham, and all my friends were pagan! boy do I miss living up there. Though, now that I'm in eugene, oregon home of pagans, hippies and no soap, I'm sure I could find more friends if I was so inclined. :)

I am a pagan-themed athiest. I don't believe in the parts of gods/goddesses as more than symbols but i do very much believe in the power within ourselves and everything in nature. If you just read the definition of Panthiesm in the dictionary that would describe me, but then you start actually reading about people that are panthiests and it's different... sometimes it is so hard to categorize yourself. *L* That's a very good thing though, right?

Ah, I remember being a teen though and my parents were so upset when I was going to church because as my dad said he thought they had raised me better *LOL* They were sure happy when I got into pagan interests. My parents are so weird.

Anyway, welcome to the group and boy do I wish I was up there in Western Washington right now.

cbeckett
05-04-2005, 05:27 PM
Wiccan Here! have been slacking on my practicing... its always nice to know who's around
Cyndie

Goth_Girl
05-05-2005, 03:32 PM
*waves* This is so great! I never imagined there was going to be so many of you :)

How do you find your beliefs effect your thoughts about weight loss/body image? I guess for me it makes me realise how amazing we are and how much we should be thankful for. I'm changing for the right reasons now and truely believe that with or without the weight loss we are beautiful incredible women of the earth.

I have an abundancy goddess sitting on my altar looking at me, rounded tummy, heavy thighs and breasts. She is the total dipiction of femininity and wonder - may she teach me to be greatful for the power I have within myself now and grant me the strength to experience getting healthier with as much positivity as possible.

Merry part
Cat x

Tani
05-05-2005, 10:39 PM
How do you find your beliefs effect your thoughts about weight loss/body image?

I think my beliefs gave me the confidence to start this journey, and to stick with it for so long. I don't mention this to people usually, but the turning point for my weight loss came before a Samhain ritual a few years ago. It was the morning before ritual with my circle and I stepped on my friend's bathroom scale. I hadn't been on a scale in... a year or two probably. I thought I was about 200 lbs, but I was 265. It was quite a shock.

That night during ritual, when we were cutting ties to things we wanted to leave in the last year, things that we didn't need anymore. It was very clear what I needed to leave behind; eating without care and inactivity.

I think that my belief in my ability to affect change within and without (the heart of ritual) is why I've been successful on this journey. That and the emphasis our community places on the sacredness of the physical body. I want a body that can dance me into trance and keep going for hours :) After that Samhain ritual, I really felt like I could do it. And that, of course, is the biggest part of making any kind of change.

attackpanda
05-06-2005, 12:30 AM
Greetings!

I am also a pagan-type chick! Glad to meet ya!

mauvaisroux
05-07-2005, 07:35 PM
Great story Tani! :)

I am a strong believer in the goddess within. I have recently bought a lovely bracelet made of hematite and amethyst stones and it has a lovely carved goddess charm hanging from it. I'm not sure what goddess she is or what she represents - she is small chested, small waisted, with a wider lower body and has her arms raised up in a circle above her head. Anybody know which goddess she might be? I saw this bracelet and it spoke to me - I had to have it. Everytime I look at it I smile. :) Strange how small things can affect you like that.

I also have 2 new books to read..."The Cosmic Ordering Sevice" by Barbel Mohr and "In The House of Memory - Ancient Celtic Wisdom for Everday Life" by Steve Rabey. I'm looking forward to reading them both. :D

Anybody have any books they would recommend on the subject of paganism, Wicca or spirituality in general?

Tani
05-07-2005, 09:11 PM
Mauvaisroux, that stance with the arms raised in a cirlce is often associated with moon goddesses :)

For an overview of modern paganism, you can't do much better than Margot Adler's "Drawing down the Moon" For Wicca I recommend the books of Stewart and Janet Farrar and Doreen Valiente. Steer clear of anything published by Llewellyn ;)

ggbun
05-07-2005, 09:23 PM
Wow Tani, that's a great story. We all need moments of realization to make any kind of change, but being able to ritualize it is often harder in our society. You've made me think I need to come up for a ritual of my own to symbolize the new journey I'm beginning.

Amarantha2
05-07-2005, 11:46 PM
Hello, all! I'm sort of a lurker in the shadows when it comes to expressing my true spiritual path ... whatever that means! :) I don't actually relate to organized religions in any form, pagan or otherwise, but to paraphrase someone's post above, I give a nod to the goddess within (or without) when I get a glimpse of her! :)

If I DID relate to organized religions, I would not find solace in any that spring from a male-based deity and every now and again, it's nice to find someone to say that to! So hello! :wave:

mauvaisroux
05-08-2005, 05:38 PM
Thanks Tani for the book advice. Hey is that Llewellyn person the one that writes those velvet covered books that look kind of cheesy? I have seen those at Chapters :lol:

Well I'm definitely a moon child so no wonder that charm appealed to me :)

Amarantha, yep I find different religions interesting but can't get into being in an organization as such. I think that is one of the great things in Wicca, you can be a solitary practitioner is you want to.

Punkinseed
05-24-2005, 06:36 PM
Hello all!

Checking back in after a loooooong absence. Raising my hand, another pagan to be counted. :wave: Refreshing to find so many... like the one, and only, bumper sticker on my car says "We are Everywhere". Ain't that the truth.

So, west coasters, anyone going to SunFest in Washington over the Solstice weekend???? :)

Terri

Lacerta
05-24-2005, 07:01 PM
I actually consider myself an athiest, in that I don't believe there is an all powerful being or beings, but I do believe in many of the Wiccan ideals. I've done a fair bit of reading on it, and it jived with me more than anything else I've ever looked into. I believe in and appreciate science and nature.

It is very nice to have a group here who doesn't ascribe to organized religions. Personally, I believe that organized religions lead to closed minds.

My parents, husband and sister all know I'm an athiest. They are all nonpracticing in their own religions (Mormon, Catholic and Methodist, all in one family), but only my dad had a problem with it. He couldn't believe it and actually tried to change my mind. :lol:

mauvaisroux
05-25-2005, 10:58 AM
Punkinseed - good to see you back girl! Hope you are doing well and that we'll see you around a little more often :D

Lacerta - yes, there are a lot of different people in this forum from different backgrounds and different faiths or beliefs - I find it great that all of us not only get along but also enjoy each others company, now if only the real world worked the same way on a larger scale...:)

My family has dabbled in everything from Zen to Scientology with a bit of Christianity in between so I think I have been exposed to so many faiths and ideas that I can't believe in just one thing and have melded bits of everything together. I always say that we belonged to the religion of the month club :lol:

lizziness
05-25-2005, 01:24 PM
mauv- i love the religion of the month club. that's great. i just love reading what other people believe and learning about new cultures and things. i like to find things that really speak to me and keep them - a collector of ideas without actually settling on anything. i know many who would disagree with this way of doing things... but it's my opinion that religion is a personal choice with the end result being the same no matter which one you chose. fulfillment.

the thing i like especially about being able to discuss things like this on this board is that there are no personal attacks or disagreements that get out of control. Too many boards I've been on have huge dramas over such a simple conversation topic. We either have really great people or really great mods. :) Either way it definately keeps me coming back.

mauvaisroux
05-25-2005, 03:11 PM
I think we have both really great members and great mods on this site :)

Yeah, nothing like mixing in rune stones with your I Ching pieces and my mum setting the table with an extra place setting at Christmas and Easter for "The Unseen Guest"...:lol: Not to mention visiting the synagogue, going to Anglican church with my East Indian friends and occasionally to Mass with my Roman Catholic friends...no wonder I was such a freaky kid! :dizzy:

Well at least it has kept me grounded and open-minded :cool:

Invidia
05-27-2005, 07:59 AM
I'm an agnostic, but I've read up on Wicca and I agree with quite a bit of it. My dad, who's a strict Catholic, hates it. But he says it's a "teenage phase," and I'll "get over it," so for the most part he's leaving me alone.

I'd read up on it more, but I can't find much information over the internet, and if I got a book my parents would have a fit.

Tani
05-27-2005, 11:01 PM
Hey Terri! I missed your post at first.

Yes, I will be at Sunfest! I'm excited to check out the new location. :D

sapphirewinds
08-12-2005, 01:21 PM
Hi, y'all! I'm also a pagan chick, been a solitary practicioner for about 5 years, thereabouts. It's amazing to see who else in the Salt Lake City area are also Pagan. There's a pagan pride group here, I'm belly dancing and teaching a class this year. Danced last year, it was such incredible energy.

I've been doing th 6 week body makeover, just finished my first 6 weeks, and have released 14 pounds. I'm just jazzed! :dance:

Nice to meet you all! :wave:

Lynda

lizziness
08-13-2005, 11:52 PM
I've been very far away from anything spiritual for about 6 years or so now. I had a wonderful day alone today for reflection and I smudged our new home and felt so peaceful that I fell asleep unplanned. It was a wonderful feeling and I am definately inspired to feel this sense of at ease that comes from believing in something more often. I'm still averse to being wiccan or even classifying myself as pagan - given the town i live in *LOL* but I do know there is something inside me and its awakened once more and it is a great feeling. yay me. *L*

sapphire- i had a friend who moved to salt lake area and was pleasantly surprised by the large pagan community there. i never would have thought it.

the pacific northwest really seems to be a huge hub as well -though I've never gotten involved with any of them since I moved to oregon. Lots of great people and things to do in western washington - mostly hippy burn out types so far that I've met in eugene. oh well, i prefer to keep myself to myself anyway.

mauvaisroux
08-16-2005, 12:48 AM
Sapphire - I belly dance too! I find it very energizing and empowering. :df:

sapphirewinds
08-19-2005, 12:12 PM
The dance we are going to do for the Belly Dance Festival in August (AAK! next weekend!!) and for Pagan Pride day is a kind of wheel of life giving/sharing kind of thing...all the girls in my troupe are pagan, it's wicked cool. :devil:

Jenilala
08-21-2005, 08:17 AM
Hi! I actually didn't put any of my Pagan graphics in my profile because I did not expect to find anyone here! I am new to the path for 8 months but it is right for me. I am learning and reading everyday. I am finding that being a Witch seems to be in my genetic heritage and no one bothered to tell me! LOL! I had been wondering why things were coming so easily to me! So I am happy to find you all and will dive in more when I can. My two boys just woke up so breakfast needs to be made. Blessed be, Lala

HappyBunny
08-22-2005, 02:52 PM
Hello everyone! I grew up Southern Baptist, which means I basically lived in fear the first half of my life. But then I met a wiccan and everything changed. I now consider myself a pagan, and have alot more happiness in my life, not to mention really cool friends. hint hint Wanna be my friends.

Have a blessed be!

mauvaisroux
08-24-2005, 01:16 PM
Welcome lala and happy bunny! :wave:

Mad 4 STING
08-24-2005, 05:42 PM
Hi, all,

I grew up Protestant, went Catholic at marriage, and now am going to "burn" I'm told kiddingly by my husband. My family jokes about my lack of church attendance and my weird ways but my kids (teenagers) are cool with their "different" mom. My husband doesn't give me too much grief anymore. He knows I was always on a different path and that's what attracted him to me.

sapphirewinds
08-26-2005, 05:40 PM
Wow, happybunny, I thought growing up Mormon was hard! LOL...luckily, my family was not too hardcore. Most of them don't know I'm pagan, I don't think I've actually come out and told anyone, but the subject doesn't really come up, either.

Lynda

theotherjen
08-30-2005, 02:54 PM
yay! I had been wondering of there were some Pagans on here. I'm located in Memphis, TN and have been practicing for about 10 years now but only been active in the community for like 2. Any Celtic based pagans hanging around on here?

Don't worry Mad 4 STING my hubby teases me all the time about "converting" (he's a Southern Baptist). He's used to my "hippie pagan ways" by now :D

ajandpj99
09-06-2005, 04:18 PM
Pagan Mutt here - or Eclectic whatever. I would have to start a new religion in order to classify all my different beliefs. I am all for picking and choosing from the religion of the month club, taking what works and passing on what doesnt.

Mostly - I just listen to the wind and let nature take its course.

I dabbled a bit with spellcraft back in the late 80's and then got bored with it (actually it was more effort than my laziness would allow). Now I have been doing more research - bits of Celtic and bits of Magick. I mostly want to develop my intuition as that is my strongest guide. And I like to know what others believe as that helps me form my own beliefs.

www.ecauldron.net is a pagan debate forum - all views welcome, discussions range from religion to politics to whatever is on your mind. I have learned a lot there and there are many links to other sites and books, sacredtexts.com for example.

:D

Wild Honey
09-16-2005, 04:37 PM
Brightest Blessings !!!
I found you all! I had also triped up on Goth Girl posting under faith based. I posted there also, little response. I think the title " Faith Based" would throw us all off. Here we are......I am an Eclectic Witch, out of the closet for a very long, long, time. I am very accepting of everyone who posted prior ( I read them all ) and all I can say is welcome. We are all of like mind and nothing else matters. I will be posting here from now on. Very nice to meet all you beautiful people.

Witchy Hugs !!!!
Wild Honey ;)

Tani
09-16-2005, 04:42 PM
woohoo witchy hugs! :D

Welcome. When I first joined 3FC I looked under Faith Based for a pagan group too, but there wasn't a thread then.

lizziness
09-16-2005, 09:23 PM
http://groups.msn.com/PaganHearthRecipes/homepage.msnw

I found this place a few weeks ago. Very full of great information and links tons of stuff plus recipes of all kinds.

ArtGirl
09-18-2005, 01:07 AM
Hey all! I suppose I was curious of other pagan/wiccan folk on the site too and did a search. Glad to have some results. ;) I haven't been a regular on here since I joined but hope to get more into the habit.

Hope everyone has a Happy Mabon!

deleted2
09-23-2005, 06:04 PM
I normally don't venture beyond the one thread I frequent at 3FC, but I'm glad I did today. How cool to see you all here! :D I'm 42 years old and have known that I was Wiccan since age 15.

Let's keep this thread going!!!! :wizard:

Amarantha2
09-23-2005, 09:06 PM
Hi, E!!! :wave: And hi to all who have posted on this thread! :wave: I think I posted on the second page and didn't realize it was still going on until I saw Eydie's name pop up on the index, since we frequent the same thread in the miscellaneous forum.

I'm not sure what to say exactly on this thread as I'm not a member of any recognizable organized spiritual movement, so I do not know if I am "pagan" or Wiccan. I do not relate well to organized religion or a male powered deity and I like to say that every now and again, just for clarity.

I seek the Goddess within but I don't know who or what she is.

I guess "miscellaneous" would be a good way to describe my spiritual path ... as I said in my earlier post, I lurk in the shadows sometimes.

I like Trish the Dish's description of how I feel about faith: "Mostly - I just listen to the wind and let nature take its course ..."

Anyhow, thought I'd add a howdy ... thanks for the link, Trish the Dish! :)

deleted2
09-24-2005, 09:27 AM
Hi Amarantha! I saw you here and Punkin too. Yeah, I say "wiccan" because it's the closest I can get--my feelings are quite eclectic. Over the years, it's evolved quite a bit and has become more of an internal thing tho I still like the trappings. And anything celtic or witchy makes my heart melt. :)

BTW, at one point I wanted to write a pagan weight loss book or at least a pamphlet! I think it's safe to make a sweeping statement like that on this particular thread! :D

Wild Honey
09-24-2005, 10:33 AM
Hi Girls, and Welcome
I am so happy to see this thread is taking on a life of it's own, and I love to see all pagan types, posting here. I just want to make it clear that your really don't have to identify yourself into a certain title. We just are who we are and I am sure on this tread we are alll loving and accepting bunch of pagans.
Le'ts just vow to keep this thread alive and I am sure there are alot more of us out there, just cannot find us. I wonder if we could get a heading. (like instead of Alternachick, the heading Pagans would be nice.
Brightest Blessings to all !!!!
and welcome.

Amarantha2
09-24-2005, 07:43 PM
E, I'd forgotten about this thread until I saw your name. Glad that happened. I think a pagan weight loss book would be wonderful.

Wild Honey, thanks for the welcome and the understanding re self-identification.

I also would like a "pagan" heading as, personally, I guess that comes closest to a definition of me.

ajandpj99
09-24-2005, 08:24 PM
Just wanted to pop in and say hello...HELLO. :wave: :lol:

Nothing terrible exciting going on here -trying to "visualize" my house cleaning itself, but it isn't working ;)
:lol:
Anyway - hope everyone is good - back to work now.

Trish

lizziness
09-24-2005, 10:30 PM
pj - it works about as well is visualizing yourself thin, huh? :) Hubby came down stairs this morning after sleeping in til 11 and says "wow, you're on a cleaning spree!" and my reply was "what, did you think fairies cleaned our house while you slept?" hah. the boy seems to think that it magically get's done without any work involved (i suppose that's true for him *LOL*)

I think a pagan pamphlet or book on weightloss would be an excellent idea. Something to get some perspective from a different angle. Some thoughts on herbalism meditation and magick in regards to being a woman and being overweight would be excellent. One of the things that turned me off of the pagan and wiccan books is that they are mostly geared toward beginners and toward teenaged girls. One in particular said you couldn't fully be wiccan until you were slim because not taking care of your body and being overweight was not allowed. What a pile of crap!

ajandpj99
09-25-2005, 12:11 PM
Pagan Weight Loss Guide...(Humor)

Appetite Suppressant - before meals, study the Herbal Remedies Encyclopedia (in full color), after seeing the medicinal uses for Wolf Spiders and Crickets - you won't feel like like eating for at least 3 hrs. :p or just live on fistfuls of vitamins and herbal supplements - you will be so tired of swallowing - you wont be able to eat.

Workout - Get dressed for the Rennisance Fair in full period garb. :o
- Sprint about your house, stashing obvious pagan items like daggers, vials of gooey things and baggies of "herbs" because MIA is very not pagan and has just "popped by" to say hello. :s: - take a "stroll" in the woods to find the perfect wand material - spend a week scratching from poison oak. :lol:

Amarantha2
09-25-2005, 01:00 PM
:lol: Lizziness, if takin' care o' the bod for spiritual reasons worked, the "weight down" folks (a Christian weight loss program based on the idea that God wants people to care for their bodies) would all be slender as willow wands, so I agree w'ya!

:wave: Dish, I did Ren faire for two years in a costume borrowed from someone who could sew ... thou art correct, quite a workout. :)

deleted2
09-25-2005, 01:43 PM
Trish, now that's funny! Many times I've done the hide-it sprint, but have found that unless the visitor is knowledgeable about such things they don't notice, or maybe they're just being polite?

Lizziness, I've never read the 'you must be slim to be Wiccan' things. A load of crap indeed!!!

I'll try to crystalize my thoughts on pagan weight loss and share them here. Just goes to show I should've been taking notes all along...... :o

mauvaisroux
09-26-2005, 12:42 PM
Are any of you seriously interested in a pagan/wiccan dieting group? If you I can see about getting separate header under the alternachicks banner - the same type of thing as the "veggie chick" header so that other people with simalar interests can find us.

My thoughts are that we can all have a regular chat thread, share some wisdom, share herbal and food recipes, and chat about weight loss in our own little corner.

Any one else have some thoughts on this or any ideas of what they would like to see in a pagan/wiccan forum? What would we call it then? Paganchicks? or maybe something related to Goddess or earth based path?

If there are enough people interested I will see what the can be done :)

timmyshawn
09-26-2005, 03:30 PM
OH BOY OH BOY A PAGAN FORUM GROUP!!! I am so glad that I poked around a bit on here today and found you guys!! I was on a few months ago in another group that was really nice, but then the puter crashed and I just now got back online. The first group I was in was a great group of ladies, but I still felt a little out of place ya know, watching what or how I said something on certain topics. Let's see....about me... my real name is Heather. I am a 29 yo stay at home mom of 3 great kids and wife to another great kid oops I mean man ;) . I am a solitary eclectic wiccan. I have been reading and learning for about 3 years now but still classify myself as a newbie to the craft because info out here where I live is very hard to come by and other wiccans/pagans are even harder to come by, and I am leary about info online cause you never know if the site's people/info are correct or if they're talking out their @$$. I'm sure ya'll know what I mean. My hubby follows his own path which is geared more toward Native American beliefs but has a little of this and that thrown into it also. I guess he's eclectic pagan.My mom knows about our paths and is very supportive, but then again she raised me in the fashion of "there are religions out there, try them out. If you have any questions I'll try my best to answer but do what feels right to you." Hubby's family...well let's put it this way the WHOLE family disowned one of his cousins because he brought his wiccan girlfriend home to meet the family and told them that he too was wiccan and had been for years. They did the whole your gonna burn thing and haven't spoken to him in roughly 20 years. So, we don't tell them. My weight issues have been a lifelong thing although looking back I was never really fat as a kid I just thought I was. 10 years ago when I had my first kid is when they really began. I am now at 205 lbs., 5'2" and ready for a change. I want to not be ashamed to go out in public, have clothes that fit and be able to keep up with my kids when they play. I want to have friends, because as of right now the only person that I talk to besides my kids is my hubby and that isn't a joke. I don't have any friends because I don't like to leave the house. I am hoping to lose at least 50 lbs by next summer cause hubby wants to take a trip to see his family and I don't want to look or feel like this when I go out there. My ultimate goal is to lose about 80 lbs. Well now that I've bored ya'll enough. I'm looking forward to getting to know ya'll if you'll have me. I'll check back later.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar060/slider-situp/lb/206/125/206/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

Tani
09-26-2005, 05:00 PM
Wow, I run off to equinox festival for a few days and this thread goes crazy! :D

Welcome to all the new people :)

Heather, I don't know what region you live in, but I've always been amazed at how many active pagan communties there are in even the most rural out of the way areas. Folks might not be as vocal and active in your area as they are out my way (where you can't trip without falling on another pagan of one sort or another) but I bet they're out there. I hope as your confidence grows you can get out there and meet some people. I'm a horrible introvert, but I've learned how to fake a little confidence, and it can really go a long way.

BTW, are you familiar with the pagan greeting call? Around here it's ususally "Nice necklace" said with a smile when you see a goddess, pentacle, triskele, hammer etc. around someone's neck.

Tani
09-26-2005, 05:01 PM
Ooops! I forgot to tell Mauvais that I vote for Paganchicks as a header under Alternachicks :D

mauvaisroux
09-28-2005, 10:49 AM
Thanks Tani!

I need a show of hands in order to put a request for a forum in so if you are interested in a pagan forum then please let me know. :)

RhainyC
09-28-2005, 11:41 AM
I am new, but would love to see a Pagan Forum.

A bit about me, I have been an HPS for nearly 25 years now, having had my last coven hive off about 9 years ago, I am now Solitary well, almost, DH and DS are also Wiccan as well, so it's a family thing. :)

I have already lost 90 pounds but need to lose another 80-100 due to health issues. So a pagan friendly forum would be a boon for me!

ajandpj99
09-28-2005, 12:55 PM
But what will it be? Just another chat? Or will there be Pagan related topics like meditation, herbal supplements, yoga, etc?

Maybe a ritual for bannishing fat cells? :D

T the D

mauvaisroux
09-28-2005, 02:42 PM
I was thinking of the following topics:

Weekly/monthly chat - whatever is preferred
Health ideas - herbal, medicinal, spiritual (i.e. meditation, yoga,etc.)
Herbal recipes
Healthy recipes for celebrations (low fat, low cal versions of foods used during celebrations and rites) or favourite things like mead recipes etc.
Earth friendly products
Related books

Anything that would interest anyone - if any of you have suggestions I would be glad to hear them :)

mauvaisroux
09-28-2005, 02:59 PM
The Pagan Chicks forum is now open! :wizard:

I will close this thread so y'all can move into our new digs :)