Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-30-2005, 11:47 AM   #1  
Pending Email Confirmation

Default skipping

Does anyone skip?

I tend to put my music on full volume in my room, and go out into the garden and skip. The music keeps me motivated (finish this song at least... Ok, one more song... etc)...

It burns about 11 calories per minute, apparently...
hoofbeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 01:15 PM   #2  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Yes I occasionally skip! With kickboxing and stuff it's good!

It is VERY VERY good for you! I can't remember how much I heard it can burn, but I know it's LOTS!

Keep it up!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 03:27 PM   #3  

Skipping makes me feel like a kid again! I was walking towards the library with my SO and started skipping, he thought I was a goofball, but it really does make you feel "young again".

Did you ever see the Friends episode where Phoebe and Rachel take up jogging, but Phoebe does this spastic 'kid like' run and Rachel is embarrassed? Just wondering, don't know why skipping made me think of it - but at the end of the episode Rachel realizes how much fun it is to run like a spaz and joins in.

Le Cheez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 04:10 PM   #4  

11 cals per minute,you say?I love skipping.I agree,it does make me feel like a kid again!*skips away*
Zapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 04:14 AM   #5  
Pending Email Confirmation

11 cals per minute aproximately for my weight.

Lol.. .i only found my skipping rope last week. I was in the garden and saw this "piece of string" hanging out of a tree. I was like "Some people these days... how did that get there?" (lol) and i pulled it out and... *gasp!* it had wooden handles!!! It's not the greatest rope...

I like the ones they give us at school... They are plastic, but not cheap quality. The "rope" is quite heavy and the handles are comfortable... But until I find out where to buy them, I'm stuck with what I have.

Sorry if I'm going ON and ON, lol but...

I think one of the best things about skipping is that it's on the spot, so I can skip in the shade. Running, for example, is annoying because where I live is all hills, so running up and down hill in the sun/shade/sun/shade really puts me off exercising...

Yeah skipping is supposed to be one of the best exercises you can do... Except for your knees...

yay, long live skipping!!
hoofbeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 09:46 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

I've added jumping rope to my workout as a warm-up, cool-down and in between weights and cardio. Mixing it up by jumping side to side or like a jumping jack in between rope turns is really good for variety too.
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote