2 cups cooked chicken -- chopped
Garnish:
salsa
fat-free sour cream
fat-free cheddar cheese -- shredded
tomatoes -- diced
green onions -- chopped
bell pepper -- chopped

Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.

In a saucepan over medium heat, warm the beans and chicken. Set aside.

Put pasta on plates, top with warmed black beans and chicken.

Top with garnishes of your choice.

septembersgoal
04-30-2005, 09:33 PM
This looks good!! I am not a huge fan of ww pasta but I think the black beans would cover up the stickiness of the pasta pretty well. Maybe I will try this next week!

Oh, a question! When you buy ww pasta, what do you look for? I don't know if some of the pasta that describes itself as wheat is ww...can anybody clarify?

Katpo
04-30-2005, 09:42 PM
I recently heard something about American Beauty Healthy Pasta -- which is basically regular pasta with a little bit of wheat thrown in.

I buy Hodgson's Mills only. It is very good.

aghiowa
04-30-2005, 09:51 PM
Yep, you have to look closely at the label. If it says something like whole wheat blend pasta, it isn't Core. It has to be 100% whole wheat to count. I also buy Hodgson's Mills, as it's the only brand available at the store I frequent.

Angela

Vickie
05-01-2005, 12:09 AM
I buy Hidgson's Mills too and another brand at my Jewel/Albertson's called Bella Terra. They are both good.

septembersgoal
05-01-2005, 10:02 AM
Thanks ladies.

I wonder if this would be good without chicken in it? I was just thinking of making it for me to take to work for lunch, since dh doesn't really like ww pasta at all.

aghiowa
05-01-2005, 11:17 AM
It'd be fine without chicken I think - it's basically a "make your own" kind of meal anyway. I might season the pasta and beans with a little garlic salt or something to make it a little tastier though.

Angela

septembersgoal
05-01-2005, 12:22 PM
Thanks Angela. I think that I might make a batch to take to work with me. I'll let you know how it comes out w/out the chicken! :)