Old 05-03-2005, 02:22 PM   #61  
I deserve it!

Jennie: I have always wanted to try Pillates at home, but there are so many videos, and its on tv, etc., I am not sure where to start. Any suggestions on a video to try out? (also, I never met anyone that does it either).

(had to change my meter...that big number down to that little number was sort of stressing me out)
looking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 03:32 PM   #62  
mom5kidz

Momx3 - why do you wait so long to weigh in? My dr. told me to weigh once a week bcs that is your true weight - she also told me to weigh, during the middle of the week to see if I need to "tweek" my eating habit(s) - Just wondering, don't mean to be nosey
kclay61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 04:37 PM   #63  

kclay - you can ask whatever you want. I am an open book . Actually the reason I am trying to weigh once a month is because I am doing curves which also focuses on inches. I'm scared that if I weigh I may not have lost weight but I may have lost inches and I don't want to discourage myself if I don't see a loss on the scale. Does that make sense ?
momX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 05:17 PM   #64  
mom5kidz

OK yeah that makes sense - You're stronger than I am - I can't stand to not weigh once a week
kclay61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 06:07 PM   #65  

kclay - Curves only weighs and measures once a month so I 1) have to wait 2) can weigh myself at home which I don't want to do because it is a different scale and I won't get true results or 3) weigh myself at curves which may happen because I am weak and driving myself crazy .
Old 05-03-2005, 08:27 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

My goodness ladies, I weigh myself every day whether I should or not. You just have to learn not to let it determine how you are going to feel for the whole day. Looking2lose, the journaling thing is a great idea. You will be amazed at what you have been eating. I started journalling today too but for a different reason. I started this low carb thing almost exactly 2 months ago today and have lost only 7 lbs so far. I have been an absolute angel on this diet--not one cookie, or piece of chocolate, or donut (and you can't imagine how many of those things are floating around my office) in the past 2 months and I have only lost 7 lbs. I actually had my thyroid checked last week because I thought something must be wrong. So now I am writing everything down because if I don't start losing soon, I'm making an appointment to see the doctor to find out what is going on here. My little ketostix are turning purple so those pounds should be coming off.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 09:15 PM   #67  

Default New here

Can I call this my home too? I think I may be the heviest here, but I'm willing to commit to loosing some of this weight!! The doctor hasn't put me on any plan yet he wants to get the Thyroid thing undercontrol first but I don't want to wait untill he puts me on a diet I need to get my self healthy

name: MoonRay
sex: female
marital status: single
highest weight: 350
current weight (last weigh in): 350
goal weight: 200
current clothing size: 30-32
goal clothing size: I have no idea
kids: 0
pets: 0
diet(currently on or planning to start): South Beach maybe but mainly just eating right
MoonRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 09:38 PM   #68  

Good evening everyone! So tomorrow is my weigh in day and I'm bummed, because I haven't started an exercise plan yet and I really need to.
What is everyone else doing. How often, how long?

Would anyone want to be a workout buddy?!
I have been journalling for the last two weeks, and I can really tell that my portion sizes have changed since I had to write it down.

Welcome Moonray, congrats on your exams ClipClop!
ashavison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 09:40 PM   #69  

Hey Moonray - Of course you are welcome . We would love to have you with us. You will meet alot of wonderful ladies willing to help here .

Where do you live in California? I'm in Sacramento.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:48 PM   #70  

Ashavision - Good luck on the weigh-in .

I am doing curves 3 days a week and the treadmill 3 days a week. I don't really care what I do as long as I do something. When I have been at it awhile I will probably add tae-bo. I used to do it all the time. Also I am a black belt although I have not practiced in about 5 years so it's fun to stretch the old muscles.

You can do whatever you are comfortable with and if you want we can be accountable to each other. I never want to feel like I let someone else down so this will make sure I get busy.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:51 PM   #71  

Clipclop - Congrats on passing your classes . That must be a huge weight off your shoulders . Keep up the good work girl!!!!
Old 05-03-2005, 11:06 PM   #72  
SMILESAREPRICELESS

Hello fellow PICs... here is my info

Name: HEATHER
Location: Germany (but moving back to Columbia,SC in June while DH is deployed--he leaves this June)
Marital Status: 2.5 yrs -- HAPPILY
Kids: 1 - Mahaley (4mths old)
Pets: 1 Dog, Margo - Mini Dachshund
Highest Weight: 304(the day i delivered my baby Dec 04')
Current Weight: 264 lbs.
Goal Weight: 135 lbs.
Plan: COnsidering WW or South Beach Type ---Frustrated at which to choose, really

Hi! I have just read every single post in this thread and am glad i found you guys from the original 130 thread....

I get the feeling you are a great group. I have so much personal junk going on ( getting ready to be away from my husband for one year, living with my parents for the year he is gone ( WHAT AM I DOING ---lol) and struggling to lose..
I have determined i'm gonna make these 12 months FOR ME --- and focus ON ME 100% so i can be the best mom with more energy!
I need help and support though..and although my mom is here to encourage and support me, i have to admit anytime she makes ANY comment on my food choice, or suggestion to exercise, it really drives me nuts....
smilesarepriceless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 11:16 PM   #73  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Good Evening PICs ! Just thought I would check in quickly before I sit down to watch American Idol and Amazing Race... I am a reality TV junkie !! Good mindless TV after a day at work and school

Thanks to you all for your congratulations on my exams. School starts again on Tuesday, so I need to get on track quickly with my eating so that I can plan properly for being back to school 2 nights a week.

JENNIE ~ Great job at getting to the gym before work !!

PETRA ~ stick with it girl !! Journaling will definately point to anything that may be getting you off track. Hopefully it is nothing more than that

MOONRAY ~ Welcome !! We all have a long journey ahead of us and are here to provide support and encouragement. Join in on the conversations, look for help when you need it, and most importantly have fun !!

ASHAVISON ~ Exercise will come. You should be happy that you are following a good eating plan, and then everything else will start to fall into place. I know for me that exercise is really important, if I am not watching what I am eating and not exercising then I am in real trouble. Right now my exercise of choice is walking. Keep at it and you can be accountable to all of us.. we will help to keep you on track !

MOMX3 ~ thanks for the congrats !! Sounds like you are keeping very busy in the exercise department.. good for you !!

Well time for me to say goodnight to my lovely PICs.. take care and keep on keeping on !
Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 10:09 AM   #74  
I deserve it!

Good Morning all! I've got a few minutes before I need to get back to work..

SMILES & MOON: WELCOME!! I have never in my life met a group of gals as welcoming, inspiring, and supportive as I have here (where I call home). Especially to finally find a forum such as this where I feel so incredibly comfortable here, and am learning that I am not alone.

Gotta vent: I work in a cubefarm full of string-beans eating broccoli and jogging up & down the 20+ flights of stairs for fun 3 times a day and then say 'you should really join us, it would do you some good.' I think to myself...uh, no thank you, I would prefer not to have a heart attack today!

Thank you for all the support my fellow PICs, with journaling and all of your input. It was worth it. I looked at what I ate and I almost fainted..whoa....I should have saved my writing hand and just ate a loaf of bread!! (pretty much lived on carbs yesterday). I think I will make a mobile for my cubicle of fruits and vegetables and see if it works like subliminal messaging.

sounds like some pretty positive things are coming all of our ways, and I am so very happy that all of our paths met. Well, now that I have written a small novel, back to work (and my giant water that is staring me down

Have a WONDERFUL day everyone!!
looking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 10:57 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi Ladies,
How is everyones day. I got up today and did my Pilates tape. I hope to get to the gym later. Looking2lose, I have heard that the Windsor Pilates are the best. When you buy them, you get 2 or three tapes and it has good beining/intermediat/advanced options. I didn't have enough fot them so I got the MTV pilates, it seems good but its only one option on there which is 45 minutes so I just have to have that much time. Its good though, I like it. Some times I do the ones on my digital cable, they are 20 min.

MomX3, I could never weigh in once a month, i am so addicted to my scale I weigh petty much every morning. I know I need to cut down but that would just take to much will power to wait. I do think its good though becaus ethen you see biggger results.

Ashavisiion, how was the WI?

Heather and MOONRAY, welcome!

Clip Clop, gotta love the reality TV. I am hooked on the realworld/roadrules challange, I feel like I'm to old to be watching it but there is just so much drama, I love it.

Hope eveyone else is haveing a good day.
KIT

Jennie
jennie934 is offline   Reply With Quote