Carb Counters - Heavy Cream?

View Full Version : Heavy Cream?

04-29-2005, 01:16 AM
I always see low-carb recipes listing "heavy cream" as an ingredient. What is heavy cream? Is it like the whip cream that you squirt out, that you usually find by the milk? If not, can you tell me what it is and where it would be located in the grocery store? I've seen some DELICIOUS recipes with it, but don't know what it is! :lol:

Ms Spotdog
04-29-2005, 03:13 AM
Heavy Cream is heavy whipping cream - it comes in little milk cartons (not the squirt kind). My store stocks it above the milk products, by the butter milk, etc. It is great as you can add it along with some water to most recipes that call for milk.

Good luck.


04-29-2005, 11:34 AM
I usually use half & half when it calls for heavy cream....just my preference.