South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 10:34 AM   #1  
No Day But Today

S/C/G: 275/267/175

Height: 5'5"

Default I've fallen and I can't get up!

Ok - it's been awhile, but it's hard to come and post when you are doing TERRIBLE!!!

It started when I ate some choco. cake on Thursday (I think) also after not losing last week - even while doing good. So I felt guilty. My depression has been sneaking up on me, I think triggered by the lack of weight loss and low self-confidence. I had a major incident on Friday afternoon - and finally was able to get dressed and DH took me out to dinner. We went to a place where we could be good - they offer tacos in lettuce. But, I wasn't. All the food that I had been avoiding just fine the last few weeks, made it into my mouth. I found myself eating out about 3 times in the past 5 days (mostly with DH, to 'lift my spirits')

Then TOM comes on Sunday - and explains my "incident" - but cravings are still there. I'm actually not in the mood for any junk food today, I'm craving a salad. I'm not sure if South Beach is for me - I know it can work, because I did Michael Thurmond's diet and lost 50 lbs.

There is no way I'm going to meet my April goal - with luck I might make it back to where I was when I started. Arrggghhh.... I don't even know why I came back to tell you all this, I could have just stayed away forever!
Old 04-27-2005, 12:48 PM   #2  

I'm so glad you are back, I've been wondering where you were!!!!! Okay, so regroup now. You had a bad couple of days...they are over now, it's OKAY! Listen, when I slipped up you were right there telling me to get back on track. It's my turn now. Get your stuff together and get back on the wagon. We ALL screw up, it's just the nature of the beast. You can do this!!! It's a minor setback, not a full out defeat. So scratch your April goal and rework it until it's realistic. I think we all expect to see really rapid weight loss, and I'm stuck now too. I've lost 9 lbs, but no more. It's frustrating to NOT see that scale move. It's easy to give it and say what they hay, I'm not losing so why bother?!? You are worth it...you're going to feel so good when you get to your goal. If it was easy to get there, everyone would be thin and healthy!
It's not easy, so that's why we have to stick together. I'm so glad you're back...don't leave us again!!!! We need encouragement....I know I can't do this alone. No way, no how. I got fat by myself, I can't get thin and healthy by myself.
Big Hugs and Welcome Back!!!!!!!!!!
Jenn
Old 04-27-2005, 12:50 PM   #3  

Please don't let this get you so discouraged. Most everyone has times when they eat off plan and get back into the habits of eating the way they used to. I would suggest that you hold off on eating out until you are feeling stronger about making good choices. And try some new recipes! That can help make this fun again.
Old 04-27-2005, 12:55 PM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Christy, you came back because you really want to do this, I think. You can...just do the following:

Get access to anything OP out of your house and away from you. Follow Fuzzy's advice of not carrying money so you won't stop at fast food. Get your family members to support you and not offer you things you know make you sick. Just get it away from you so you aren't tempted. Once SBD becomes a way of life for you, you'll find that temptation doesn't have nearly as strong a hold, I think. I feel so much better eating this way that it's much easier to say no to things.

Start Phase 1 again. Do the whole two weeks or until the cravings are gone.

Fill the house with good OP food. Prepare ahead and don't give yourself the chance to feel super hungry and binge.

Stop thinking about pounds and think instead about health!!! Don't let the stop in the scale's movement keep you from feeling good about what you are doing. I can guarantee that the scale will stop moving several times in this journey. It's a part of weightloss. The ability to deal with it will divide successful people from those who don't make it. Don't fall into the second group. Keep on keepin' on, okay?

You can do this!!!
Old 04-27-2005, 01:16 PM   #5  
A Lily from my yard!

We're here for you sweetie! Most all of us fall off sometime during this journey. How do you think I gained back 12lbs.! I was at 142 now I am finally back to 150 and the scale is stuck and it would be very easy for me to say oh forget it I'll just stay here. But I know I deserve better for myself and I won't be happy with myself. You just get back in here and stay. And as far as posting when your not doin good you need to post no matter what you are eating because it will help guide you back on track and it will keep the shame you feel from over taking you. We are here for you and sending you big hugs and keeping you in our prayers!
Old 04-27-2005, 01:31 PM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Geez! If I didn't post because I'd gained, you chicks would not see me much! That's when you NEED to post so go ahead and cry and whine and beg for help and you will get it. There! All better now?

Now....back on track and live up to your nickname! By the way, that's one of the coolest nicknames I've seen in here!
Old 04-27-2005, 02:04 PM   #7  
Working for the Cruise!

You've taken the first step. You've posted your boo-boo. Now get up and fix your mistake. Always move forward, never go back.
Old 04-27-2005, 02:14 PM   #8  
kellyjoiii

S/C/G: 225/225/165

Height: 5'7"

Cristy, I agree with the other girls ( although I tend to do what you wanna do -leave and not come back-when I fall OP) Pick yourself up and try again. You haveta start somewhere whether it is starting again or continuing. Its sortof like quitting smoking (ever heard that it takes a person multiple tries to succeed at that and every attempt gets you closer to the goal?) Well, look at it as practice and use this as time to understand your triggers (seems like you have figured that out already) As for your goal.....just try as hard as you can and reset a realistic goal next month! wE ARE HERE FOR YOU HANG IN THERE AND STAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-27-2005, 05:15 PM   #9  
Mary Ellen :D

Please stay. We're all here for you. Everyone falls off the horse sometimes. Just jump back on and make a new goal for May!
Old 04-27-2005, 05:58 PM   #10  
No Day But Today

S/C/G: 275/267/175

Height: 5'5"

Thanks all. I knew I could come back, just was so angry with myself.

I don't go to Fast Food - it was mostly Dh taking me out to spend time with me. I had a real mental breakdown on Friday (it wasn't a binge incident, it was an emotional one!) We need to find things to do to get away that aren't food related!

I still feel I can do this, but now Dh is out of town again and I just don't know how I'm going to do it.

Thank you all... I do appreciate it.
Old 04-28-2005, 12:52 PM   #11  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Christy, let us support you, okay? Post here and we'll hold your hand and walk you through, okay? Next time DH wants to support you, try:
  • Going for a long walk, hand in hand
  • Snuggling on the couch or bed
  • Going to a coffeeshop that has comfy couches and dim lighting...get a decaf skinny latte with SF syrup, and sit and chat
  • Go near water and hang out
  • Go to a park and play on the equipment...swings are very soothing!
  • Go to a local bar and get soda or wine, listen to some live music
  • Play your favorite up music and home and dance together!
  • Go for a hike, a bike ride, or a run...something fun outside!
  • Go to a nice, comfy spot and read kids books, poetry, or inspirational texts to each other
  • Make some nookie at home!

There's a lot you can do together that doesn't necessarily include off plan food, okay?

You CAN do this. Like Abroad said today in the daily, when you know you're ready for this, nothing will stop you.
Closed Thread