Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 10:01 AM   #1  

Default Eating too much??

Morning
I was wondering if people have problems with eating too much on this diet. I have been very, very good. I'm not hungry for snacks and I've heard that you are supposed to eat snacks. Should I eat even though I'm not hungry?? I've been having pretty big salads for lunch but I haven't be measuring out the veggies. I've just been dumping ingredients in and bring the dressing along with me.
I guess I don't feel like I'm losing and by the end of the day feel kinda bloated. Any ideas?
This is only my 6th day on Phase 1, so maybe I'm expecting too much?
Thanks and Have a great day on the Beach!
Monica
Old 04-27-2005, 10:04 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Relax! It will happen. You could run your foods through www.fitday.com to see what your calories are.
You could also post a day's menu so we can take a boo at it. By the way, what's in the salad at noon? Any protein? I lost 8 pounds on Phase I and only used teh snacks when I was hungry between meals - pistachios saved me.
Old 04-27-2005, 11:49 AM   #3  

I've been having turkey ham, eggs, cheese and mushrooms for breakfast everyday...lunch has been salad that is the bagged salad mix, cucumber, whatever protein leftover from the night before or turkey ham....mozzarella cheese, cucumbers, sometimes hardboiled eggs with ranch dressing...then for dinner if i made something that wasn't southbeach i'd have another salad or have just protein and salad. I usually have a 1/2 cup of sf/ff pudding for dessert, but not every night. A couple days i have had pistachios for a snack and i counted out 30.
Maybe i need to buy the salad mix that has more of the leaf lettuce, you know, the darker green stuff.
I did get on the scale and am down 2lbs. and tomorrow is my "official" weigh in day so i guess i should quit whining and let the diet do it's work.
Has anyone ever stayed on past the two weeks...i've been thinking about doing that.
Thanks for the advice Ruth
Old 04-27-2005, 12:37 PM   #4  

I'm sorry to have to tell you but the SF/FF pudding isn't allowed until phase 2. It has too much starches.
Old 04-27-2005, 03:49 PM   #5  

Bummer Deal!!!
I only had it for 2 nights so I guess I'll toss it
Thanks
Old 04-28-2005, 04:51 AM   #6  

Default I tried..

to stay on longer than two weeks, it just wasn't good for me. I didn't have a lot of energy, I was feeling sort of sick a lot of the time.

I added oatmeal to my diet and feel so much better now. I wouldn't advise trying to do longer than two weeks.
Old 04-29-2005, 05:26 PM   #7  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Meanica, check out the post on veggies that's stickied in the main forum. Iceberg lettuce and cucumber don't have many nutrients or much to fill you up. Try using spinach or spring mix for your salads (you're right about the dark green stuff) and add broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, etc. to it. Okay? Try eating leftovers of dinner for lunch for variety so you don't get the "sick of salad" syndrome.

You can do this, girl! Definitely eat all your meals, even if not hungry. As Dr. A says, it's easier to keep your blood sugar from dropping than dealing with it after it drops. Your snacks are preventative.
Closed Thread