General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 04-26-2005, 02:44 PM   #1  

Default Specific Dieting question

This summer, I'm really only aiming to lose 5 pounds. I know that's not much, but I need to lose that much by the time Memorial Day comes around and I haven't been that successful yet. Any suggestions? I want to really lose it around my belly. I can't do sit ups - b/c i actually have problems with my tailbone, but other exercise I can do. So any tips on what I should eat and how I should be exercing would be excellent and so helpful!

Thanks so much!! Here's to hopefully losing 5 pounds
lovemychocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 03:17 PM   #2  

If you can lose 5 pounds in 5 weeks depends a lot on your starting weight. If you are a lot overweight, you should be able to do it. If you are only a few pounds overweight maybe not. The closer you are to goal, the slower the weight comes off. Why the rush?
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 05:21 PM   #3  

i'm only a few pounds overweight, but I need to lose it b/c i'm going on a beach vacation soon, and would like to look decent in my swimsuit when I'm there... Any suggestions?
lovemychocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 02:04 PM   #4  
Battling the Inches

S/C/G: 185/162/142

Height: 5'7

the Straw diet. My friend sara is a dancer... she is in excellent shape. For some reason she feels if theres any special event going on, she goes on a diet. She does the straw diet ---inwhich she can only eat things that fit through a straw. She looses about 10 lbs ina week--but it comes right back after shes done with it. It is not a healthy diet (at least if its not done with proper supervision) so i would not recommend it for long term.
LunaValkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 02:12 PM   #5  
Wellness*Body*Mind*Spirit

S/C/G: 320/320/?

Height: 5'9"

The "straw diet" Oh, my!

For rapid weight loss that isn't "unhealthy" compared to other ways of dieting, many people eat only fresh raw foods: juices, salads, fruits, vegetables. The lack of processed foods, salt and the like (with the added benefit of all the chewing and abundance of nutrients, vitamins and minerals) causes a weight loss that is quick.
Vegan Vixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 05:00 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Yes...but if you are eating only fresh RAW foods there is the possibility of losing muscle mass and not fat due to lack of protein in the diet.
Any "fast" weight loss means you are sacrificing muscle mass-losing it and water, and leaving the fat right where it is.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote