Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 10:26 AM   #1  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Default Atkins/LowCarb Daily Apr 26/03

Morning!! Wow, where is everyone, I slept in, did I miss the party?
Going to get my coffee, I'll be right back.
Old 04-26-2005, 10:33 AM   #2  

Hi Robin. I'm checking in!

Looks like they combined the low carb and Atkins together......hhhmmmm
I guess...it has been slow on this board these days.

Well, I am not low carbing anymore My doctor suggested I do the calorie thingy. So I am giving it a try....boy am I hungry!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Geez
But I will give it the old college try. I really have to sit and think of things I can eat that are low cal but dense so I am not hungry....I brought one of my string cheeses today...those usually hold me. I also have some grapes, yogurt and an ounce of pretzels to go with my lunch. The other day I made homemade pita bread (whole wheat)....yum! So mostly I am just trying to eat healthy...not going to get into the low fat thing just because it is low cal. I think I can do this....I hope I can do this......I have 22 pounds to lose by August 1st. That is the date I set for myself. That means I have to lose 1.5 a week. Should be doable right?

Well, I am off to eat my yogurt! One thing you could say for Atkins was that I WAS NEVER HUNGRY! Boy this is going to be tough.
Old 04-26-2005, 10:58 AM   #3  
Lovin' Life

Morning Jane! Did your doctor give you a good reason for not eating the Atkins way? Here are a few tips to keep yourself feeling full, your sugar monster from coming out of the closet and still keeping it low cal. If your not a cottage cheese fan, give it another try. I hated the stuff, and now I love it when its mixed with other things. Try 1/2 cup of your yogurt and 1/2 of that same cup with cottage cheese. This has more holding power than just the yogurt. If you have an apple, have a string cheese with it. Oatmeal for breakfast, but make sure you have a protein with it. I'll have a bowl of oatmeal with a chocolate protein shake with it. I'll even pour some in instead of milk. Chocolate oatmeal is quite good you know!! Major staying power!!!! Just watch for the sugar monster, if he come lurking, up your protein with the carb your eating. I have a recipe for oatmeal type pancakes that are low fat, high fibre, high protein. If your interested, I'll pm it to you. Usually once I get my 2 week induction in, I switch to lowerfat and good carbs. I cant do Atkins for the long haul anymore. I just dont feel good on it. Anyway if I think of anything else I'll let you know. Keep us posted on how your doing...and yes stick around!!!

Talked to my brother last night, found out he needs to buy a new car. So this means he wont be putting his house up for sale for another 2 yrs. They were looking forward to getting out of Kitchener. But like he said, he wasnt meant to move yet. So they are going to hang tight, waite for their new puppies to be born. I still cant talk dh into letting me have one Everyone says, just bring it home...he wont send it away. No he wouldnt, but it certainly wouldnt be worth the fight it would cause!!

Dont have alot planned for today, just tidying up the house. I havent really touched it in 4 days! So its gotten a bit messy

Time for more coffee first!!

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by RobinW; 04-26-2005 at 11:01 AM.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:06 AM   #4  
Baby Steps

Jane: Good luck on the low cal and hope it works for ya. Keep us posted and feel free to come back ALL the time. Remember...we turn NObody away

Robin: Sorry to hear about your brother. And if I was you I'd just bring it home....that's what I did with the kitten. Well, DH agreed to 1 kitten..and I just brought his sister home with him

I swear I started a Monday thread yesterday but couldn't find it last night. Was too tired to try and figure out why. I like the daily threads..sometimes it gets to be a couple pages long so starting fresh the next day helps keep it manageable Well, there's a stray dog in the neighborhood and the old sucker (me) is trying to coax it close enough to see if it has tags. I've tried calling the constable but BOTH of them have their numbers disconnected. What good is THAT???? And all the while that poor dog is out in the rain/snow shivering!!!! Poor thing. Ok. so I'm smart enough NOT to bring it in the house (umm.....ok. So a year ago I WOULD have. But know better now not to ) but I put the dog kennel outside so it could lay in there. Plus I put food out. So now I've just got to get it to leave that porch. Oh..I did put some food over where he's at now. He's been "gone" from his owners I guess for a couple days (info from another neighbor who's been watching also) so was STARVING. But wouldn'te at until I moved away. Going to go out in a little while to see if I can get closer.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:07 AM   #5  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

Good morning ladies!

Jane- Good luck on your new plan! I'm sure you will do great.

I actually got a lot of sleep last night and I'm still feeling draggy, go figure. I had good intentions to get up early and workout, but I blew that off. So, I will just have to do it after work today instead. for the past week or so when I'm on the treadmill I get the worst shin cramps. Other than that I'm not crampy. i'm not sure if its the lack of potassium or just me.

Yesterday I ate under 30 carbs, but I did it pretty unhealthily. I am trying to do better today. I didn't eat all day and then for supper ate a chicken breast, 2 slices (12 carbs) of low carb bread, 1/2 cup steamed veggies, and 1 cup of low carb ice cream(12 carbs). I actually ate a small breakfast today and I am going to plan on eating salad for lunch. Supper...I have no clue yet! I am still wanting to do Atkins, I am just getting lazier on planning ahead and that (to me) is a set up for failure.

Well, everyone have a beautiful Tuesday!
Old 04-26-2005, 11:10 AM   #6  
Baby Steps

Andrea: I think you did a great job at least staying OP. That was a good thing. Sure, the LC bread and LC ice cream wasn't LOW carb...but a treat like that once in a while is better than eating the full blown carb-filled stuff.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:11 AM   #7  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

Brenda- Oh... that poor dog! I am the same way about trying to help out the poor little (or big) angels. I hope you get it to come to you!
Old 04-26-2005, 11:13 AM   #8  
Baby Steps

I had to quit trying this morning because I was SO cold! I pity the poor creature cuz it's all wet and shivering. I had it follow me halfway up the road but then it got scared and ran back. It was growling at me all the while it was following. I feel so bad when I can't help them!!
Old 04-26-2005, 12:07 PM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Afternoon Chickies !!!!
Old 04-26-2005, 12:52 PM   #10  
Lovin' Life

Kel, Dottie, L, Ruthie...and all the rest from the Low Carb Board

Come out Come out Where ever you are
Old 04-26-2005, 01:42 PM   #11  
Taaa Daaa!

Just a drive by! (Sorry) Wanted to say hi!
Old 04-26-2005, 02:02 PM   #12  

Thanks Robin...great tips! I happen to really like cottage cheese...funny thing is is that one of the girls I work with mixes hers with yogurt too! BLECK! I just don't think I can do it. I just had my lunch and really needed more protein so I got a spoonful of peanut butter from a friend at work. Yum.....
I will have my string cheese and yogurt ALONE later.........

Brenda: Poor doggie...let us know how he is.

rebelridergirl: No skipping meals! That is the downfall of any plan. Try to eat something in the am even if it is just a string cheese. I have to eat every couple hours or I am one cranky girl!

Tuuurtlemama and Leenie
Old 04-26-2005, 03:30 PM   #13  
Baby Steps

Only have a 2nd.....just wanted to update you on the dog. He's now at the Vet clinic where it's nice and warm and they'll check him over and clean him up and feed him. Poor thing!! A lady came along and helped try and coax him to us. She had her little daughter with and I think THAT helped. They got him to go into their car (the girl opened the door and the dog jumped right in!!!)...but the dog wouldn't go near the dog catcher (male). So I'm thinking he was abused. Poor thing!!
Old 04-26-2005, 05:10 PM   #14  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just popping in after a long day - greenhouse in the AM and then wine bottling and groceries in the afternoon.

Brenda, your yesterday thread got merged with the old low carb daily and we now are Atkins/LowCarb Daily. Sorry for the confusion. Suzanne is a whiz and had changes done before Leenie and I caught our breath!

Poor little doggie! I have such a soft spot for animals. I'd keep all my Girls' puppies if I could plus whatever strays turned up. Let's see..I'd have 39 Portuguese Water Dogs plus lots of Heinz 57's!

Jane, I'm not on low carb either except when I go back to Phase I of the South Beach Plan but like to hang out in this forum where it all began. Calorie counting is fine but I'm sure you'll stay a bit carb conscious.

We're having liver and bacon for dinner - see! I couldn't mention the bacon over on South Beach or they'll kick me out. I', just kidding as they are a really nice group.

Time to hit the kitchen.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:15 PM   #15  

Awww, the dog story is a heart breaker. So glad to hear that he is at the vets now.

Thanks for the welcome, all. We all DID used to be combined and then things splintered off a while back and it left only a few of us over on the lonely Low Carb boards. More people means more support - no matter WHAT WOE we are (or aren't!) following. I'm fond of saying these boards are about LIFE support not just WOE support - I sure have used them for that over the years! (sorry, no white picket fence life here)

Yeah, I like cottage cheese but summer seems to be the time of year I'm drawn to it more. I like it with fruit but an old co-worker got me cooked on eating it plain with salt/pepper. I got a small pack of those mini zukes last week for munching, put them in the frig. and promptly forgot about them! I rediscovered this this morning - Think I will eat them, along with some small protein item this evening after we get back from baseball since I ate steak tacos for lunch (usually just do applesauce and a few PB cracker for lunch but I had to get the boys from school today - min. day due to testing) Gad, I'm stuffed from eating in the middle of the day. Not used to it.

Ok - well, I gotta get the boys back to school for the pre-game warm up. I really love watching them play baseball but this ferrying them back and forth is wearing on me. Just a couple more weeks.....

Kel
Closed Thread