Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 03:36 PM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home 4/25 - 5/1

Starting the thread - be back in a bit
Old 04-25-2005, 03:44 PM   #2  

Davebecca – I hope the program came today! It’s so hard to be ready to start and have to wait!

Ameg – I know it’s hard but please try not to be discouraged. The number on the scale can fluctuate so and what we’ve eaten (evein if it’s OP) can make the scale misbehave. A lot of times what will happen is you’ll see the reward of watching everything to a T a week or so later. Just don’t give up and please, don’t beat yourself up – that’s a sure way down the path to falling off the wagon. As for your birthday – Happy Birthday in advance, and please don’t let the missed goal ruin it. How about congratulating yourself on giving yourself the gift of health!

I’ll be back in a bit. I’ve been working on my school project (it’s almost done) and I need to take a break and move so I’m going to change into my exercise clothes and do a workout. I’ll try to get back before dinner – if not, then tonight.

How’s it going, Karen? Hang in there!

Judy
Old 04-25-2005, 04:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/139/140

Hi all! I guess I'll be the first to go at this today. I remained the same and that's a blessing. I fudged some yesterday. Still trying to figure out why when after months I lost a pound and half that I tell myself it's okay to do that. It's like I sabatoge myself purposely. Does anyone else do that?

Came to work in a good mood, even for a Monday, and it took all of 5 minutes for it to be ruined and stressed out. Thank goodness there were no treats in the break room, cause I would probably went out of control

Have decided that the best thing I can do to get everything back in perspective is to go home @5 and do my workout, followed by some yoga.

Thanks to you all for your support each week, I really appreciate it.

Darlene
Old 04-25-2005, 08:06 PM   #4  

Darlene - congratulations on your maintain - that's always a victory in my book especially when there's been fudging involved ;-) Oh yeah, I've definitely "congratulated" myself on a good loss by eating things I shouldn't have. I think we all have! I hope your de-stres plan worked well today - I know some yoga after work helps me.

I weighed in with a 0.4 pound loss on Saturday and I was happy with it - there was a lot of fudging last week! I did less than great at my mom's for the Passover seder on Saturday and while I did well during the day yesterday, I snacked too much at night. I am getting closer to finishing this project and that is a blessing - it's not crunch time yet but getting it all done is a bit stressful. The doctor's appt went well today. I sort of pre-empted him in the weight department saying that I knew I had to lose but it has been tough this semester with the amount of school work and hurting my back. He was pretty cool about it - he said it would happen when I was ready. My cholesterol numbers were great - we were both happy with that.
My blood pressure was a bit high but my rings were very tight and when I told him I had been to a seder at my mom's house and that my rings were tight, he wasn't concerned. I brought along this big medical form I need for student teaching - and I had to get a TB test so I have to go back on Wed so he can "read" my arm.

I did 2 half hour workouts this afternoon - both off FitTV and it felt really good. I'm going to give myself the night off and start in again with the project in the morning.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 04-26-2005, 05:00 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all. I'm home, safe and sound.

Judy - First of all, belated Happy Passover. Congrats on your loss on Saturday. And, I'm happy to hear that the doctor's appointment went well. I hope you're enjoying your vacation. So your cousin lives not far from John's. I'm not sure where Villanova is. John's cousin is in Phoenixville - by Valley Forge and King of Prussia. It's beautiful out there. Next time we're out that way, we'll definitely have to try to hook up in Philly.

Darlene - Yeah, I sabatoge myself too. Wish I knew why. Hang in there and get right back on track and you'll be fine. And congrats on your maintain - it's far better than a gain.

We had a great time in PA. I'm exhausted today, though, as we drove home in one day yesterday. We got back to our house at about 10:30. And I had to work today, so I'm still facing the unpacking, laundry, etc. I'm not looking forward to weigh-in tomorrow. My sneak peak was horrible. Saturday and Sunday nights were food fests. And a lot of beer was consumed too, some of it by me. Ah well, I'll just have to pay for my sins and then atone for them.

Talk to you all tomorrow.

Carla
Old 04-28-2005, 04:50 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Wow, quiet week in here.

I didn't weigh in yesterday because I looked and felt all bloated and yucky. But then I spent yesterday getting rid of every spare drop of water in my body, so I took the plunge today. I was up by only.02 pound. Given the weekend, that's much better than I expected. Onward and downward from here. And I got in about 15-20 minutes of walking today.

Carla
Closed Thread