Support Groups - Twin Mommies Challenge Week Of 4/27!!!!!!

aliceshellique
04-25-2005, 12:12 PM
I challenge all of you to either not go over your caloric intake for a week, or if you don't count calories, to not deviate from a healthy diet! That means, if you have doubts about what you are putting into your mouth, don't eat it!!!!!

Also, work out at least twice between this Wednesday coming, and next Wednesday!

Does everybody want to do this!!!!! YEAH!!!!!! ARE YOU READY LADIES?????!!!!!!!

aye aye captain!

I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!!!!

I want to start on Wednesday and go through to next Wednesday! I believe that we can do this!

shyla2001
04-25-2005, 12:26 PM
I'm in!!!!!! I keep going above my calorie range, so maybe this is my kick in the butt!

busymom2four
04-25-2005, 12:41 PM
I'm in too! I won't go over 1500 calories and I want to exercise for at least 45 minutes six times this week! I can do it. I need a "restarting" week to get going anyway. I have been sliding lately. I also need to go to the store and buy some salad and fruits and veggies.

Alright...going to go exercise!

Lori

aliceshellique
04-25-2005, 01:06 PM
Cool! I am motivated right now, and I am for real about to go take out the kids for a walk since the babies have awaken from their nap. It is a little chill outside, but that is even better!!!!!

Can't wait till Wednesday! I think I am going to go find me a new ticker jsut for next week!

busymom2four
04-25-2005, 02:21 PM
I'm doing well today. I just finished 80 minutes on the treadmill. I feel great. If I can do well over the next two weeks I will probably make my Mother's Day goal!!! Hooray! As of last Wednesday I needed to lose about 3.5 more pounds. I still have almost two weeks (not counting what I may have lost since last Wednesday). I hope I make it to 160 by Mother's Day! I have a BIG family reunion over Memorial Day weekend and I'd like to be 155-158 by then! I can't wait to get to the 150's!

Cheers!

Lori

SW: 193
CW: 164
GW (before I get pregnant): 148
Ultimate GW: 130

kclay61
04-25-2005, 03:31 PM
I'm definantly in! :yes:

aliceshellique
04-26-2005, 08:19 AM
I am glad that everybody is up for this! I am bumping this so that it would not get lost in the shuffle! Well, one more day guys! I had my "splurge" last night with my frosty, and I still haven't been grocery shopping yet to get fresh fruits and veggies, but we will see how it goes anyhoo.

Talk to everybody later!!

Oh yeah, Shawn, I don't have your information on my messenger anymore. Do you think you could send it to me please?

KellieB
04-26-2005, 09:05 AM
I am in. I have had a hard time this past week. I know that weigh in tomorrow is going to be horrible!!! :( So, I guess I need a kick in the butt!

busymom2four
04-26-2005, 11:15 AM
GULP!
I sort of lost already!!! I ended up hitting 1800 calories yesterday. Eek! I made chocolate chip cookies and lost my mind. Can I jump back on the bandwagon or am I gone for good? So sorry. I have a huge plate full of cookies in my kitchen now and I am trying to figure out how to get rid of them now while I have some willpower. In a few hours that willpower will disappear and I will eat them, lol. Okay...if I hit 1200 today, can that average out to 1500?

Help me!
Lori

shyla2001
04-26-2005, 12:07 PM
we aren't starting till Weds, so yesterday doesn't count (as far as this challenge, anyway!)

shyla2001
04-27-2005, 11:09 PM
Ok Ladies! Where are ya? It's day 1 -- how'd we do?

I only had 1400 cals today (and it's 9pm, so I think I'm done). That's way below my goal of 1800! yay!

But I didn't exercise at all.....

How did YOU do???

KellieB
04-28-2005, 09:26 AM
Hi all! Yesterday was pretty good for me. About 1100 calories. I did not get out and walk yesterday, but did get out there this morning!

Sounds like you are starting off well Shawn! I thought of you on Tuesday. I was shopping at Sams Club and they had a huge box of Skinny Cow sandwiches. Needless to say, I did not buy any of them!

Heres to another great day!

aliceshellique
04-28-2005, 09:28 AM
Okay, so yesterday was okay. I had decided to count my calories, but then we took the kids to Chuck E. Cheese and we ordered a pizza. I had two and a half pieces of pizza, I drank some punch, and last night when I got home from church I ate some turkey salad on roll. I don't think I went over my calories, but I haven't entered my stuff into fitday.com yet to see. I was going to do my walk away the pounds when I got home from church and got situated but I lay down with DD to talk until she fell to sleep and I didn't stay awake either.

Today is a new day! At least I did get in two times exercise Tuesday, and I walked on Monday, so I will definitely resume on today!

How is everybody else doing?

aliceshellique
04-28-2005, 09:32 AM
Oh yeah, and Today is my birthday, so why did my mom bring me some muffins????? Yes, so I am already 400 calories into my day, but the good thing is that I don't feel good now. I knowthat sounds weird, but at least I know that I won't want anything to eat anyway. I have my leftover turkey salad that I am going to take to work with me, which is very low in calories, so that will be dinner tonight. I have some salad mix that I will have for lunch.

kclay61
04-28-2005, 09:48 AM
Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, of this week, were my "free" days - meaning I could eat anything I wanted - so I won't even tell you what I had yesterday - so mine will start today - and so far, I've had nothing - not sure I will eat anything, really - I'm not feeling well - sore throat, etc. And everyone knows with a sore throat, nothing really taste good or feels good going down.

shyla2001
04-28-2005, 09:49 AM
Happy Birthday Alice!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How old are you?? Have a great day!

aliceshellique
04-28-2005, 10:03 AM
Thanks!!!! 25 Years old!!!! Too bad I have to work tonight

aliceshellique
04-28-2005, 10:04 AM
Oh yeah, for yesterday I did go and tally up my calories for the day and I made out at 1183 for the day!!! WOO!!!! My goal I think is for 1400 for the day. That means today I only have 1000 left. Drink more water, drink more water, drink more water.

busymom2four
04-28-2005, 12:19 PM
Good morning ladies!
Well...I made it through day 1. I ended at just 1089 calories. That is too low, 25% fat, but much better than going too high. I didn't exercise though. I was super busy and just didn't have time. I am still reeling from my mighty blow of a gained pound, lol. I am hoping that next week will be better. If not, I won't make my Mother's Day goal. I need to lose two pounds to make my goal by Mother's Day.

Alice--Happy, happy birthday!!! 25! Wow! You must feel old :lol: . I turned 29 this year. I am practically ancient compared to you. *grin* If you are wondering about calories...I looked up your food in fitday and here are the results... 2.5 pieces of pizza is 521 calories, about 180 calories for the punch (10 or 11 ounces), turkey salad is 313 calories for 3/4 cup, one medium roll is 100 calories. I think that is around 1100 calories. 1100 calories is not bad at all. However, it is 43% fat. You should try to keep your fat levels below 30%. Overall, though, 1100 is great! Good job. Keep it up. Maybe next time you could eat a salad before you eat the pizza. That way you will be more full. That is what I always do. I ALWAYS order a side salad when we get pizza. I eat it first instead of one of those darn high fat slices of pizza. Then I still eat a couple of pieces, but it helps me not eat four or five, lol.

Shawn--GREAT JOB. 1500 calories is amazing. Is that the lowest you've done so far? We are really going to do well this week. I can feel it in my bones (and all that fat surrounding my bones :mad: )

Kellie--Good job getting back on track. I forgot...how did your weigh in go yesterday? I gained a pound :(. Oh, well. It's a new week and a new me.

Kclay--I am so sorry. I keep forgetting your name, lol. Is it Kim? How many free days do you have a week? Are you following a particular plan? Most of us here are trying to count calories.

Okay, ladies! Here's to another great day!! Day one of the challenge was officially a success.

Lori

shyla2001
04-28-2005, 12:24 PM
Isnt' it weird how you can feel your body "eating away" at that fat.... I swear, I can feel it..... I'm a little achy in the "fat".... LOL

kclay61
04-28-2005, 03:18 PM
My name is Kim - I don't count anything - I just go strictly by what the Dr. has written down for me, she has done the counting already - sometimes I do put down, on Fitday, what I have eaten just to be curious - I eat, by her plan, for 11 days, on the last three I eat what i want - then it's back to the diet she has for me.

aliceshellique
04-28-2005, 10:35 PM
Okay, today I totally blew it! oh well, tomorrow is a new day. It has to be because it is my birthday. I don't even want to tell you guys what I ate today. :anon:

shyla2001
04-28-2005, 11:04 PM
I'm ending the day at 1528 cals! Yay! I'm tempted to have a 1/2 cup of ice cream for 140 cals..... still might do it. I'll keep ya'll posted.

lucky
04-28-2005, 11:48 PM
I'm baaaack! What a wonderful time we had. But, I was glad to see the kids today - mostly because they were so very excited to see us.

This past week was a real test and I passed! I think not using fitday to keep up with my calories made me super aware of everything I ate. If anything I probably underate in an effort not to overeat. Of course, I didn't get nearly as much exercise as usual but I still think I lost weight. I hope it wasn't in the form of muscle!

Before we left for vacation I had decided that it was time to pay less attention to the scale (I was on a plateau and I knew the scale wasn't showing my progress anymore). So, my new goal was to get into a size 10 (I was in a 12). Well, I went shopping while we were on vacation and tried on a pair of size 10 pants. Low and behold they fit and were even a little loose. I assumed that particular brand just ran big so I moved on to the next store and what do you know, theirs fit too! I can't believe it - I ALREADY wear a size 10! I came home with a new wardrobe that you wouldn't believe! I just couldn't stop shopping. It was soooo much fun to walk into a store, try on normal sizes, and be able to buy trendy clothes that actually look nice on. I am telling you - I bought clothes the way I used to eat food - but without the guilt. Now I know sizes are a lot bigger than they used to be (at this weight in college I wore a 14 ) but I really don't care. I haven't seen a 10 on a tag in a long, long time so I'm going to enjoy regardless of how much bigger it is these days.

I have a lot of catching up to do on the thread. I'm not going to try and make replies but I do want to read how everyone has been doing.

I'm glad to be back and can't wait to jump back in here!

Tricia

shyla2001
04-29-2005, 12:09 AM
Yay! Glad to have you back, Tricia!

aliceshellique
04-29-2005, 03:06 AM
I don't think that when I was in elementary school I wore a size 10! Much less a size 12. My ultimate goal is to get down to a 13/14 at the smallest. I was in a 14 when I was in college, and my body was bangin! I know that I will never ever see the body the way that it was, but if I can just achieve that weight goal, that will score major points for me. Me and my friends always used to be so self conscious about our weights back in high school, and why I don't know, because I look back at our pictures now and we had no stomachs, we could have washed clothes on them, we looked so good you couldnt' tell us anything. You know, people different heights and stuff look different than others do, but one day, I tell you one day!

lucky
04-29-2005, 08:48 AM
Alice, I know EXACTLY what you mean. I am only 5 foot 2 so it doesn't take much weight for me to look heavy. But, when I was in high school I thought I was fat - and I don't think I ever got above 130. Plus, I was athletic so even at that high of a weight I was more muscular than fat. This went on all the way through college. I came across an old journal from my freshman year and the first entry I was complaining how fat I had gotten, that I needed to lose 20 pounds to get back down to 115. A couple months later and I was complaining that I needed to lose 40, and so on, and so on. I look back at those pictures and I wasn't fat at all! I can't help but wonder how much easier my life would have been if I'd either lost those first 20 lbs or realized that they weren't a big deal and just accepted them without adding any more. Oh, well, live and learn.

I agree that there is nothing I can do at this point (short of surgery LOL) to see that old body again. Luckily, I'm past that. A lot of my attempts at weight loss failed because I kept expecting to see my 18 year old body emerging and when that didn't happen I gave up. This time I started out with a goal more geared toward health - lowering cholesterol, having more energy, and trying not to have a heart attack. Obviously, my attitude is starting to shift more towards vanity now but I have much more realistic goals for my body which I think really helps me stay on track.

KellieB
04-29-2005, 09:11 AM
Well, I ended up with about 1300 calories yesterday. I did get out and walk the dogs too. I hope I can continue on this path.

Did you have that ice cream Shawn?

kclay61
04-29-2005, 09:20 AM
OK, went to FitDay and calculated my calorie intake for yesterday - I had 982 calories for the entire day - Now, before you go fussing, I didn't eat everything I was supposed to, so I'm sure my calorie intake is probably 1200 for the day, but that's just a guess. Remember, I'm not feeling well, so that is why I ate so little. But, believe it or not, I'm not hungry. And that's a big plus for me :)

shyla2001
04-29-2005, 10:09 AM
nope, I didn't have anything else to eat, so I DID end the day yesterday at 1528 cals! yay!

busymom2four
04-29-2005, 12:01 PM
LADIES! It's Friday! Hooray.

Tricia--so good to have you back! That is AMAZING about the size 10 pants! I am still in a good 12. My problem is that virtually ALL of my weight is around my stomach. I can fit easily into size 10 legs, but can't button them :lol: ! When I get pregnant again I would bet that I could fit in size 8-10 pregnancy pants. Great job keeping it up while you were on vacation. I see that you got into the 150's!! Hooray. I can't wait until I hit 159. Every new set is so exciting. I actually gained a pound last week, but I am trying to not stress out about it too much.

Shawn! You are kicking butt this week. Great job staying around 1500. You are going to look so sexy!

Kim--That is so cool that your doctor has everything laid out for you! I love it. That is also neat that you get three days off.

Alice--no fear! Jump back on the bandwagon...we're not moving too quickly!

Kellie-good job the last few days! I am so proud of us all. We are really trying to get back in the game after a bad week.

Well...I ended the day at 1221 yesterday (27%fat). That is good. I exercised too, but it wasn't very intense. I didn't really feel like exercising at all so I just walked instead of running. I also only went for 45 minutes instead of 60-90. I can tell that my shirts are starting to fit better, though. I am getting more of a waist!

I know what you ladies mean about feeling fat when you weren't! I was a very athletic person. I played basketball (even though I'm only 5'2) through high school. I can remember being weighed during my senior year at the doctor and I was 117. I was MORTIFIED! When I was a sophomore I was around 105 and I knew that I needed to lose that weight. I never really tried, though. When I was in college I hit 120 and was mortified again, lol. And then, when I went to my first doctor's visit when I was pregnant with my first, I weighed 130. I almost died! Now I would LOVE to be 130 again, lol. Even now...when I feel fat...I know that a few months ago (at 193) I would have LOVED to be where I am now (164). I need to stop thinking about how much weight I have to lose and enjoy where I am now. Does that make any sense?

Anyway...Happy Friday! My sweetheart and I are going out on a date. We're going to go to dinner and a movie. Any good suggestions for movies?

Lori

shyla2001
04-29-2005, 12:12 PM
Hitch was cute, and Sahara was suprisingly good - I'm sure your DH will like Sahara better. It's a guy flick, but has good comic relief in it. I give it two thumbs up! Plus, you get to look at Matthew McCoughnaheyheyhey! :drool:

shyla2001
04-30-2005, 02:13 AM
well, I didn't do so good tonight; did good up until I went to Nat'l Scrapbook day tonight; when I got there, I'd had 1300 cals or so...... then, i had a small piece of chkn pizza & 2 small (1 inch) brownies with frosting & nuts....... so I'm estimating I ended the day around 2000 cals..... grrrrrrr..........

tomorrow's a new day!

kclay61
04-30-2005, 02:14 AM
For Friday I had a total of 600 calories - and again I did not eat everything I was supposed to - when I'm on the go I forget to eat :(

aliceshellique
04-30-2005, 11:49 AM
I am so ashamed. That is all I can say. Today is a new day. I weighed in the other night at work (for my birthday and was very disappointed), and the scales said that I gained about eight pounds. THat could not be right! Needless to say, I did have a lot of waste in my body that was all gone by Friday, so I should have weighed in last night to see what was really going on. My coworker bought me chinese for my birthday yesterday, but I did drink water all night to try to counter attack all the chinese food that I had. The cake is gone too, so I won't even be tempted to have any.
I am sad. But I must persevere.

shyla2001
05-01-2005, 10:20 PM
birthdays are hard Alice! you enjoyed it, but alas, it's time to get serious now. Take a deep breath, and let it go -- let it ALL GO (the guilt about it, too!). :hug:

you can do good M-Tues, and we'll see what the scales say on Wed a.m.

aliceshellique
05-02-2005, 08:53 AM
Thanks Shawn for the encouragement. Today is a new week, my birthday is behind me now. I have to see if I can find a scale on Wednesday. I have a dentist appointment too, so I know that will make me more conscious of what I eat too.

kclay61
05-02-2005, 09:09 AM
Drum roll please.....................gone are 3.5lbs.........let's hope we don't see those coming back anytime soon.

KellieB
05-02-2005, 11:27 AM
Congrats Kim! That is great!

My weekend was pretty good. I stayed under 1500 calories, so not too bad! It was cold and windy here again. It is suppose to get in the 70's again this week. I hope it does.

Alice ~ Don't worry about the scale. Last Wed. mine said I had gained 6 lbs. But, when I stepped on it again on Sat. it was back down to what I was the Wed. before. Crazy thing!

busymom2four
05-02-2005, 11:38 AM
Good morning, good morning!
I didn't want to hunt down the other thread so I just decided to post here instead, lol. Lazy, I know. Anyway, I did okay over the weekend. I was within my calorie goals, but I didn't exercise. I haven't exercised since Thursday, in fact. So...that is my goal today. EXERCISE! I am not planning on doing an intense exercise session but I need to get something in.

Kellie--isn't that funny about scales? I had gained a pound last week. However, I cheated and weighed myself this morning and I am now down three pounds since last week. HOORAY! I have hit my 10 pound weight loss goal and my Mother's Day goal! Hip-hip-hooray! I have now officially lost 30 pounds. I have decided that I retain water weight during ovulation. I know I was ovulating last week during weigh in time. The same thing happened to me last month...I just didn't put it together with ovulation. So, it looks like for me that I retain weight during both my period and during ovulation. Sigh. A woman's body is so weird.

Alice--every day is a new day! You can always start again. That is the great thing about life.

How is everyone else doing today? I haven't had anything yet, so I've got to go eat!

Lori

P.S. My husband and I had a GREAT time on our date. We went to Johnny Carinos for dinner and then we went to see Fever Pitch. It was pretty cute. I love going out without the kids!

shyla2001
05-02-2005, 06:42 PM
I am here! Did really good yesterday & so far today! Today at 4:45pm I'm at 830 cals -- and yesterday I ended at 1521 cals.....

ladies - I really feel deprived, though. I keep telling my DH, "it's amazing how LITTLE food I'm supposed to eat!". But I guess, really, if I'm eating the "right foods" it's not that little of an amount after all.............. those carbs will do you in every time, won't they??

KellieB
05-04-2005, 09:42 AM
OK ladies....how did we all do this week? I stayed under 1600 calories all week. Over the weekend it was a little hard, but I made a conscious effort to do so. I hope all of you are doing well!!

Shawn ~ I hear you about feeling deprived. There are some days that I want to lick every last morsel of food!! ;) Although, it seems to be getting better. I am conscious of what I am eating now and the amounts.

Lori ~ Glad to hear you and dh had a good time. I can not remember the last time we were out together, alone! Most of that is me, I don't trust to many people with the girls. We don't have family near by so it is hard.

Alice ~ How are you doing? I hope things are going well for you!!
Have a wonderful day everyone!!

kclay61
05-04-2005, 02:53 PM
So far, this week, I have stayed under 1500, woohoo. I've been having urdges, and I gave into them last night. I was about to die for a bowl of cereal. I ate it but the love wasn't there anymore - YEAH! Just had to give in and I'm glad I did now.