South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 09:13 AM   #1  

Cool 4/25/05 Phase One Start

Hi:

Starting phase 1 today as a newbie to South Beach.
I am a lifetime weight watcher who is watching her weight come back.
I am up 20 pounds from where I want to be and have been struggling with weight watcher and having little success getting it off this round.

Really excited and eager to get on the beach.

Good luck & hope to hear from other's both newbies and experienced beach buddies.
Old 04-25-2005, 10:26 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Nice to see you here, Gina, and congratulations on your first weightloss success.

I hope other folks starting today will join you in this thread.
Old 04-25-2005, 10:45 AM   #3  

Hello, I'm also starting South Beach today. I bought the book about a year ago, but I've never started. I have also tried Weight Watchers in the past, but for some reason, it never really worked for me. Well, it would work for about 2 weeks and then after that I couldn't blast the weight off. I've been dieting/eating healthier and exercising since February. I've taken off 38 pounds by counting calories and walking each day, but my weightloss has slowed and I'm having a hard time. My Aunt and cousin have lost weight and many inches in one month on South Beach so I'm going to give it a try.
Old 04-25-2005, 11:43 AM   #4  
Mary Ellen :D

Hi, I'm starting P1 again today. I have been doing the SBD for a while now and have seen great results but I've been cheating on my P2 and I really need to get focused. Good Luck everyone.
Old 04-25-2005, 11:53 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome to the Beach, girls!
Old 04-25-2005, 12:13 PM   #6  

Welcome!
Old 04-25-2005, 04:50 PM   #7  

Hi:
Half way through day one and holding my own. Not hungry but I have that want something feeling. Drinking water and distracting myself. Breakfast lunch and one snack were good. Tonight will be the test, it is harder than I thought already.
Good luck to all, checkin if you have a chance.
Old 04-25-2005, 05:10 PM   #8  

Stick to it! It really is worth it. Try not to think about what you are missing. Remember that you actually get to eat on this diet, I hated weight watchers because I was starving and was all out of points. Enjoy this freedom.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:32 AM   #9  

Thanks for the encouragment.

Day 2 today, proudly can say I made it through day 1. Had the ricotta desert and was surprised that it did the trick and I didn't need to continue eating all night. On WW I would end up using all my "flex" points in the evening.

Good luck to all.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:11 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 250/240/164

Height: 5'9"

Hi all, I started P1 yesterday as well. I am coming off the WW CORE plan. I love it, but felt like I needed a few weeks with more umph. I have been gaining and losing 10 pounds for 2 years now. I really want to power through to the end. I feel ready.

Yesterday went well. Then, I hit a snag at dinner, I made a mexican casserole with taco shells halved in it as layers, I thought I would remove them from my portion and eat the legal part, but the shells disintegrated into the stew. I was hungry, so I picked out what I could but probably ended up with taco shell in my food.
Old 04-27-2005, 06:38 PM   #11  

Day Three for Me:
Seems to be going okay. Not hungry but still not satisfied at times. Little afternoon tiredness also but extra energy in the morning. I think I have found something I can do long term. Now if the scale cooperates I ll be a happy camper.

How's everyone else fairing??
Take care,
Old 04-27-2005, 06:41 PM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Gina, are you having an afternoon snack? I find some nuts or a yogurt is a real energy booster. Remember that dairy is OK on Phase I since the revisions.
Old 04-27-2005, 11:45 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 2"

Hi Gina... Welcome!!
Old 04-29-2005, 11:20 AM   #14  
Mary Ellen :D

Hi, how's everyone who started on Monday doing? I've been pretty good. I did have to have ww pasta last night because I had dental work done and that was the only thing that woudl not hurt it.
The week has beeing going great otherwise. I made stuffed peppers on tuesday which i had for lunch with a creamy tomato soup. I think I got both recipes from here but i'm not sure and I kind of tweaked them a bit.
For the peppers I used - grilled chicken, zuchinni, celery, crushed tomatoes and a little hot sauce (i love spicy stuff). I put all that stuff in my food processor and stuffed the pepper with the mixture and some lf mozzerella cheese. It came out great and I think I might make them next week too.
Well i jsut wanted to give you and update. Anyone else try any fun foods?

Last edited by Bobolvr78; 04-29-2005 at 11:44 AM. Reason: typo
Closed Thread