100 lb. Club - Weekly Weigh in 4/25 to 5/1

View Full Version : Weekly Weigh in 4/25 to 5/1

treefrogtoes
04-25-2005, 08:03 AM
Good Monday Morning everyone!!!

Down 4 pounds this week! Smashed into the 260's after a month in the 70's! Yipee!!!

kclay61
04-25-2005, 08:11 AM
OK, I weighed. One pound! One! For some reason I thought I did better than that. I know it's a loss, but one pound??? Unless TOM is sneaking around the corner.

Sara, congrats on the 4 pounds. That is awesome.

teapotdynamo
04-25-2005, 09:23 AM
Good losses, both of you. Don't get discouraged about 1 pound, by the way. As long as the scale is moving in the right direction, that's progress!!! :)

I am somewhat inexplicably down 3 pounds this week to 185 and managed to keep it off this weekend. My metabolism must be up or something, although I have gotten tons of exercise in the past week, both at the gym and just in regular life.

I'm going to have to work extra hard this week. My sister is unexpectedly in the hospital, and it's my last week at this job so I've got to travel to the home office. I never do too well on the road -- I eat much worse than at home and never get quite as much exercise (plus one too many cocktails with the gang!). Anyway, I'm hoping to curb the stress/travel eating as much as possible and stick to my exercise routine at the hotel.

Good luck to all who haven't weighed in yet!

willowgirl
04-25-2005, 11:54 AM
Down 3lbs today to 213! Yipee! Only 14 more to go to meet my mini goal of 199 :cheer:

howie6267
04-25-2005, 12:29 PM
Some great weigh in's so far. 1 lb a week is 52 in a year Kim. So don't let it get you down. It's all good.

kclay61
04-25-2005, 02:34 PM
Thank you everyone, and I know you're right. I was just slighty disappointed. But, like you said, it all adds up. :D

SwimGirl
04-25-2005, 03:31 PM
Great loses everyone! I am down 6 pounds (although it hasn't quite been a week). I am working REALLY hard for this though. I'll know forsure on Thursday, which is my real weigh in day! Nice preview though :)

-Aimee

kykaree
04-25-2005, 06:09 PM
I was up a pound today, not a happy little bunny, as I haven't done anything different this week. The only thing I can think of is that I have had a bit more wheat than usual, and I do feel bloated. So I am not going to worry unduly and just keep going.

Sandi
04-25-2005, 07:11 PM
I lost 2.8. I am pleased. Especially since I have been eating all my flex points!! :D :D :D

SuchAPrettyFace
04-25-2005, 07:38 PM
Congrats, losers!!! :D

lessofsarahtolove
04-25-2005, 10:08 PM
Great job, everybody!!! :cp:

howie6267
04-25-2005, 10:19 PM
That's great Sandi. Keep up the good work.

kykaree sometimes our bodies just hold on to extra water. I'm sure you will see it gone next week. Good for you for sticking to plan.

BethC
04-26-2005, 09:15 AM
Great Job everyone!!

I stayed the same this week for the first time since January, I had been losing steadiliy... I was getting a little cocky with my foods last week. I'll just have to plan better this week!

Good luck!

Gypsydancer
04-26-2005, 09:49 AM
Good job everyone! I'm down a pound--how? I don't know. But I'll take it! ;)

DishyFishy
04-26-2005, 10:30 AM
Good show, everyone!

This is my first weigh-in and I've dropped 7 pounds. I'm really pleased with myself. :smug:

howie6267
04-26-2005, 12:29 PM
That's great Ali. Keep up the good work.

PeachGirl
04-26-2005, 12:39 PM
Gratz to all the losers. You guys are doing so great! :high:

Welcome to the boards Ali, that's a wonderful first week.

Sandi - I'm so happy for you too, one of the first threads I posted in when I joined this board was your recommitting thread, seeing your determination paying off is really inspiring.

Good luck with the continue losses everyone!

Ivanna B. Skinny
04-26-2005, 01:24 PM
:mad: Well, after a week of good eats, lots of exercise, and gallons of h2o, I thought for sure I'd be down some today...no such FREAKIN luck!! Stayed just the same, and I must say that Im pretty PO'd about it. :mad: :mad:

howie6267
04-26-2005, 01:42 PM
Sorry to hear that Amy Jo. That is really hard to deal with. I had the same thing happen to me a couple of weeks ago. Not an easy pill to swollow but at least you know your are eating right and are healthier because of it.

famograham
04-28-2005, 01:05 PM
Down three pounds this week!! :cheer:

Way to go everybody!!!! :D

lessofsarahtolove
04-28-2005, 02:06 PM
I'm down another 2 pounds from last week, so that makes 6 in two weeks! I'm very pleased! Next Wednesday is my birthday, so it'll be a better day, knowing that I'm on the right track. And THENNNNNN......two days after that Lorraine and I are headed for 9 days in the Caribbean!! Ahhhhhh......boy, do we both need it. I'll be all crappy from my chemo treatment (on my birthday :() but that's ok. We are so excited!

glynne
04-28-2005, 02:37 PM
I stayed the same this week, which is great and unexpected since I was away on vacation.

howie6267
04-28-2005, 03:02 PM
So what is your eating plan for vacation Sarah? Are you going to watch what you eat or throw caution to the wind. Vacations are the worst for trying to stay on plan. Ours is in October this year. I hope to be at or really close to goal by then. I plan on staying on plan but I know there will be some treats as well.

howie6267
04-29-2005, 12:13 PM
I maintained this week. I guess things are starting to slow down. All though that is to be expected. Some of it was last weekend too. I just lost control Saturday.

lessofsarahtolove
04-29-2005, 05:57 PM
So what is your eating plan for vacation Sarah? Are you going to watch what you eat or throw caution to the wind. Vacations are the worst for trying to stay on plan.
Hey there, Howie! I'm sure you'll see a loss next week -- you know how it is! You're doing all the right stuff, and one day's splurges isn't enough to hold you back for long. :)

Soooo -- the eating plan for my vacation. I'm going to continue with my standard breakfasts, so I'm taking with me my All Bran Extra Fiber, Kashi Go Lean, and my no carb/no sugar/almost no sodium protein powder. With my treatment, it's really important that I keep my fiber consumption as high as possible -- for reasons I won't go into here. :o Also, I find that when I start my day eating on plan, I'm much more likely to remain mindful the rest of the day. We will have a fridge and stovetop, so we might do a quiet, seaside dinner "at home" one night....but we'll play that by ear. I'm definitely planning to keep some healthy snacks on hand for those days that we just hang out on the beach or by the pool right at the hotel. Now most of our meals will be out at restaurants -- either at the hotel or in town -- so I'm planning to take it easy most of the time. I'm going to eat a lot of grilled fresh fish and salad -- which is alllllll good for me!! I'm not too concerned about a few splurges, since this our we-kicked-Sarah's-cancer's-*** celebration, and also my birthday celebration. We definitely intend to CELEBRATE and treat ourselves!! :yes: We've both really been through the ringer since the diagnosis in December. But for me, celebrating also means that I'm ALIVE and DESERVE to continue to live a healthy life -- so that means that I deserve to continue to take good care of my body as well, and continue to make progress towards my goal of losing weight. :goodvibes

Sorry this was a long one, but I guess I had a lot to say about it! :p

7 days and counting.........counting down the days!!! :hyper:

Gardenwife
04-29-2005, 05:59 PM
Good news on the diet front for me this week! :D I am officially half way to my goal now, following a 3 pound loss. It's one of the inexplicable ones, because next week is TOM and I normally don't lose like this the week before.

I had my blood pressure checked when I did a follow-up fitness assessment at the YMCA today. It was 150/105 -- way high. I need to cut back on sodium and see if that helps by my weigh-in next week at the doctor's office. I don't want to have to go on medication, but I also can't have BP that high.

howie6267
04-29-2005, 06:28 PM
That sounds like a good plan Sarah. You two have a fantastic time and enjoy yourselves. You both deserve it.

WOOOOO HOOOOOO KIMBERLEY! Your doing awesome babe and I'm so proud of you.

Gardenwife
04-29-2005, 06:32 PM
Thanks, you! :D Ear-to-ear grin, here.

I'm posting on the non-scale victories for April thread in a moment...