Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 09:56 PM   #1  

Default Oh no! Core food question...

I have been lurking tonight on various websites, but I think I need to get out my WW'er books and study it. Can someone please answer this.......

Is fat-free, light vanilla yogurt a Core food?

I bought a HUGE container of it today. sigh I guess if it isn't Core, I can use my wpa's. sigh
Old 04-23-2005, 11:10 PM   #2  

you can use fat free sugar free frozen yogurt as a point.. a kiddie cup is 2 points... you can have 35 points per week... If you use fat free plain yogurt it is core... you can use it with fruit and or some fiber one cereal and this is great...

Last edited by Janet Schick; 04-24-2005 at 01:03 AM.
Old 04-24-2005, 12:14 AM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sorry, Kendra. Only plain FF yogurt is Core. I don't eat yogurt, only cook with it so the plain FF doesn't bother me. I'm sure Kathy and Froufie will weigh in and tell you how they deal with this.
Old 04-24-2005, 11:25 AM   #4  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

I don't worry about that and I treat ff/sf yogurt as core. I think the goal was to maybe a) get you off sugary tasting stuff and b) it was felt that people might BINGE on yogurt (is that even possible? )

I generally buy the sf/ff cups and keep a few in the fridge at work as an easily available core snack. If I had to always mix it up I would probably not eat it at all.
If you feel you might binge on yogurt you should be careful - otherwise - whatever works for you!

Frouf
Old 04-24-2005, 03:08 PM   #5  

Oh thanks ladies!

I am really finding this program to be very adaptable.

In relation to Flex, I find that this program really gets you to listen to your body. I am really hoping this is it (the last "diet") for me. Mentally I feel wonderful. Just like when I ate the pizza the other night (see Friday's menu). I could have done SO much worse. I limited myself to one slice and the fact that I didn't bring 2 pizzas home was a plus too. Usually I get 3 for the entire family (me, dh, my grandmother, and my 3 kids). (actually I brought the pizza home from a pizza party the kids had at church, there was so much pizza leftover, they were giving it out. Saved me a night of cooking, )

I also try to remember how the "junk" food makes me feel. The month previous, before I rejoined Weight Watchers, I didn't comsume any more sugary drinks. I felt so much better. I am amazed how my body treats sugar like a drug.

My dh is 145 lbs soaking wet. We have three kids, one is like him, one is like me. The one that is like me enjoys food. He tries anything. The one like dh, he is my picky one, won't try anything. My baby, well, I am hoping she will be more like her daddy metabolism-wise, hehehe. I don't want to see any of my kids go through this struggle with food like me.

I bought them a bag of potato chips this weekend, for the rest of the week. How crazy is that? I mean, if I want them to eat right, then they need to eat what I can have. Fresh fruits, vegetables, etc. I want them to learn good food habits now.

Oh well, I am just rambling. Thanks for listening to my revelation.
Closed Thread