South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 06:30 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Smile Wakey! Wakey! It's TGIF, April 22

It sure is quiet on the Beach this morning! We may need to get a rooster in here to crow to get us up.

It's another lovely day here and Sarah is coming to work. She didn't show yesterday because she had forgotten she had an appointment. I hope to get lots of raking done today but know we won't get to the back perennial beds. Maybe next week?

I took a little walk in the woods yesterday and discovered the Trout Lilies are in bloom. They are also known as Dog Tooth Violets. Here's a picture of the little darlings! I love spring wildflowers!

Peck in when you get a chance. There's coffee and tea on the deck.
Old 04-22-2005, 07:06 AM   #2  

Good Morning!!!! I'm so happy it's friday. To top it off I'm also down a pound. woohoo!!! Today will be a short day at work, which will be nice. I just hope it's a little warmer then yesterday. What happened to Spring?!?!

Hope everyone else has a great day!!
Old 04-22-2005, 07:26 AM   #3  
A Lily from my yard!

Good Morning!

Ruth...Those sure are pretty lil flowers! Enjoy the day. I need to get out and pull weeds. It does not take long for them to take over!

Danni Girl..Congrats! I am finally back down even with my ticker! Enjoy your short day!

Not much happenin here. DH is off today but has the day planned. They are going to the schools to drop off flyers for soccer sign ups and put up signs for sign ups as well. It will be the first 3 Sat. in May. So it will be busy busy around here. Me just hangin at the house doin my usual. lol Well I think I'll grab a cup of Ruth's coffee and sit a spell! lol Have a great day all!
Old 04-22-2005, 07:35 AM   #4  
Tara

S/C/G: 178/172/140

Height: 5'5

Good morning chicks! TGIF!!!YEAH! My favorite day of the week!Well, I have to finish packing for our trip. I went to Walmart last night and bought a few "quick" dinners and snacks to send with the kids to the grandparents! I figured any little bit would help because my crew can eat! I'm looking forward to the little get away. At the same time I know it will feel really weird being away from the kids. I will start to miss them before we even get to the hotel! I guess that's because I'm with them all the time. Well, it's not as if we're going away for a week or more so I'm just going to enjoy the time away with dh and know that they are in good hands! (I'm pretty anal about leaving my kids!) Can you tell? LOL! We are supposed to be having breakfast at Cracker Barrel!!! Yummy! I haven't eaten at one in a long time. I just really want to stay on track because god knows I've fallen off the track more than I care to mention here lately. Also, we're supposed to be eating dinner at a restaurant called "Cattlemens". It's a huge buffet with everything imaginable on it. My family raves about it! Everyone's been there but me and dh. PLEASE SEND "GOOD WILLPOWER" VIBES MY WAY! I have a feeling that I'll really need it! My family is big eaters.

~Ruth~ I love the flowers! Thanks for the coffee! Hope you get all the raking done that you want!

~Danni girl~ Congratulations on the loss! That's great. It's amazing what a pound can do for your self esteem. I know it really keeps me going to see that scale move down!
Keep going! Oh, I know what you mean about the weather change! I was enjoying wearing my capris and shorts already! It's raining here today,UGH! Rain gives me the blahs.

To everyone else here a 3FC: HAVE A GREAT DAY!
~TARA~
Old 04-22-2005, 07:50 AM   #5  

Good Morning.

Ruth, thanks for the coffee.

Busy morning already. Louise woke up at 12:30 last night because she was afraid of the thunder and lightening. She never barks, but she sure did last night. These are her first real thunder storms. We bought her in december so she isn't used to the heat or storms. She is getting a buzz cut tomorrow at the groomer because I am tired of seeing her pant because of the heat. she sure is cute though. Once I ask Dh how to put pics on here, I will upload some.

Our field trip is finally here. I have a plan for lunch. I will get a salad and possibly the fruit and walnut plate for a sweet treat.

I have a walking date tomorrow morning with a girlfriend. Super excited, and then I am having people over for dinner, all SBD friendly though!

See you later. I will be the one under the umbrella reading.

jamie
Old 04-22-2005, 08:04 AM   #6  
GARDENING ADDICT

Jamie~You are aslo setting a great example to your "kids" with taking a healthy lunch. So cute about what the kids said to you. And who knows, it might catch on to others.
What kind of dog is Louise??

Ruth~Are those pics that you are taking because they are perfect? Don't ya just love Spring!!

Me~ Gotta get ready to go to my hair appt. I'm getting the roots colored and a full foil of highlites.
Catch ya all later. Have a great SB day
Old 04-22-2005, 08:07 AM   #7  

Sil ~ Louise, Weazy to me!, is a Shih Tzu. Little black and White. So fun. I just want to hug her all day!

Jamie
Old 04-22-2005, 08:09 AM   #8  

Hi , Chicks! Just a quick note as I am working---as usual. Looking VERY forward to having the weekend off, even though it is supposed to rain and be "cold" . I hope to shop today then cook/freeze meals on Saturday for next week. That's the plan anyway!! Daughter is going to spend the night with a friend so DH and I will have the house to ourselves. Love reading all the morning posts even if I don't get a chance to post very much . Have a great day!!!
Old 04-22-2005, 08:15 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just popping in while I put on my garden garb!

Sil, nope, I do take flower pictures but need to have my tripod with me. It's a bit cumbersome when I'm climbing up rocks into the bush! I get asked flower questions so much on another website that i keep a supply of pics on hand. Some are from the Net and some are from garden friends.

Gotta dash as Sarah will be here shortly. Happy Beach Day!
Old 04-22-2005, 09:08 AM   #10  
Michael Ann 1973

Good Morning Chicks,

I am super glad it is Friday and time for a little relaxation. I have another busy day, but atleast it has a happy ending...weekend! Hopefully I can pop on this weekend and chat a little! Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-22-2005, 09:55 AM   #11  

It's a beautiful, sunny day here! Looks like it will be a great weekend for camping. I just got back from the store and have cut up all my red peppers and lots of zucchini. I'll bring a few whole zucchini that I can cut up later. I also have bananas and lots of grapes. I'm bringing WW tortillas, WW mini bagels and WW hot dog buns. Lots of ham and RF cheese. One dinner will be hot dogs. I'll have to keep them straight. Cheese dogs for Brian, fat free dogs for me and regular beef ones for DH.

I've got some Triscuits for snacks but will probably snack more on veggies than those. Lunches will be ham and cheese quesadillas on the George Foreman grill. Lots of extra ham and cheese too since those make great snacks. We have so many activities planned that it really helps to have quick meals.

I do have the makings for s'mores. IF we get a fire going and make them, I might treat myself to one. I haven't had one since I was a Girl Scout many many many years ago!

Better go. There is a step class at the gym in 20 minutes and I still need to pack my clothes for the weekend. We leave after Brian gets out of school this afternoon.
Old 04-22-2005, 09:58 AM   #12  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Ruth, you are making me want to go for a hike in our local woods! It's supposed to rain today, unfortunately. Maybe it'll clear up by tomorrow...

Danni, congrats on the pound down! Have a great day off. No worries about the weather as long as it doesn't do the s-word.

Bamie, "sit a spell". What a great phrase! Those weeds can be viscious, eh?

Tara, have a great trip! Your kids will miss you too, but you'll all be better off from some time away to appreciate each other. DH and I eat breakfast at Cracker Barrel whenever we travel. They have real oatmeal that they serve with pecans, and they also have great turkey sausage. Of course, if you eat eggs (I don't), you have even more options. Can you find a website for Cattlemans? Might help you make some decisions ahead of time.

Jamie, sounds like a great day planned...enjoy!

Sil, enjoy your hair appointment! I'm way behind on mine...I was due in March, but I can't get in until late April. Oops!

Mrs. I, enjoy the free time with DH!

Sunny, hope things are going well with you. Keeping my fingers crossed that you can have a fun weekend that leads to weight loss! I know you can do it!!!

Me:
Oy! I'm definitely working on staying positive, and getting back into the gym to lift weights this morning is helping. But I got on the scale today and it was up 3 pounds. That makes a 7.5 pound gain in the last week!

I started a new med two days ago, but it's got weight loss as a possible side effect, not weight gain. TOM is two weeks away. I didn't indulge THAT much! I'm not sure if the med I started two weeks ago causes weight gain...if I'm retaining water, or what. I'm going to keep doing what I know is right...drinking my water, exercising, and eating OP. I know I can do this...I'm just totally bewildered and knocked sideways by what's happening with the scale and my measurements.

Otherwise, the weather is lovely...cool but bright, and it's Friday. And I have no school right now, so I can enjoy the weekend to the fullest without homework hanging over my head.

I'm off to go downstairs and talk with our grad dept. to see if I can get into a section of my next class with a better professor than the regular one, who uses overheads from 1969, doesn't know his subject, shows up 10 minutes late to class and then makes you stay late, and gives 150 question tests every 3 weeks. Keep your fingers crossed, chickies!
Old 04-22-2005, 10:18 AM   #13  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Barb, have a great trip...all your planning will pay off, I'm sure! Where did you find WW hot dog buns? Our store used to carry some made by Ezekiel bread, but they don't have them any more...
Old 04-22-2005, 10:53 AM   #14  
Working for the Cruise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb0522
I do have the makings for s'mores. IF we get a fire going and make them, I might treat myself to one. I haven't had one since I was a Girl Scout many many many years ago!
Found recipe the other day to make SF Marshmellows. Sounds pretty cool actually. I'm going to try it sometime. Maybe on another trip you could make these and have some dark chocolate. Graham Crackers are the least of your worries!

Marshmellow Recipe
Old 04-22-2005, 10:55 AM   #15  
Working for the Cruise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgal
Barb, have a great trip...all your planning will pay off, I'm sure! Where did you find WW hot dog buns? Our store used to carry some made by Ezekiel bread, but they don't have them any more...
I remember buying some at Wegman's one time. That was last summer though....they don't carry them anymore?
Closed Thread