South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 04:46 PM   #1  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Lightbulb New Finds!

Where have you eaten out lately and found great SBD choices? Post them here so we can all share in your knowledge!

I recently went to a Borders Cafe in Ithaca. They have a lot of unique SF syrups! In fact, they even have a blended, iced coffee drink called a Kahlua Mudslide Mocha that they make SF! It was SO good, and walking around a mall with it in hand made me feel so normal again.

I got lunch at a Chili's in Ithaca last week. They have a menu section called Guiltless Grill and lots of the items on there look SBD safe. I got a black bean burger. I asked for a whole wheat roll, which they said they had. When I got it, it looked pretty white for whole wheat...I suspect it had a great deal of enriched flour, so next time, I'd bring my own roll, but the burger was great. It came with steamed broccoli with garlic and parmesan, and a side of black beans with tomatoes. Yum!
Old 04-21-2005, 05:12 PM   #2  

OUr Rock Bottom Brewery has a lowcarb/lowcal menu that has a beachy meal on it. Grilled chicken breast, steamed asparagus and house salad with lf dressing Yummy!
Old 04-21-2005, 05:13 PM   #3  
making friends

mmmmmmmmm....sounds yummy!
Old 04-21-2005, 08:39 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 173/172/125

Height: 5'3"

Macaroni grill has Skinny chicken... Grilled chicken breast with a balsamic vinegar glaze, steamed spinach, fresh tomato and olives. Its great.
Old 04-22-2005, 09:42 AM   #5  

Cozymel's (Mexican) has low carb fajitas. Grilled steak, chicken, shrimp, fish or veggies served with lettuce leaves. It comes with grilled vegetables instead of rice and with black beans instead of refried. Just make sure to pass up the chips!

Applebee's Chicken Skillet meal on their Weight Watcher's menu comes with a Whole Wheat tortilla and is full of veggies and chicken.
Old 04-22-2005, 10:19 AM   #6  
kellyjoiii

S/C/G: 225/225/165

Height: 5'7"

I eat at Ruby Tuesday's alot and they have a pretty good low carb menu (I havent asked about WW rolls or such due to they kindof start binges in me ) At least I know that I can pretty much eat there without the guilt.
Old 04-22-2005, 10:38 AM   #7  
I can do this!

Ruby Tuesday's is a standby for us...they have a quesadilla made with a whole wheat tortilla and veggies that is delicious! I love that their menu has calories/fat/fiber on it.

Any other ideas, chickies?
Old 04-22-2005, 10:44 AM   #8  
Working for the Cruise!

Laurie - That SF Drink at Borders sounds sooo good. The next time I'm up there I'll have to grab one!

I eat Spinach Artichoke stuff from Chilis. It's got a bit of mozzerella, Spinach, Artichoke, onions, mushrooms. I have some at home, bought at Sam's, put it serving size baggies and freeze it. A quick meal on a WW tortilla!
Old 04-22-2005, 11:46 AM   #9  
kellyjoiii

S/C/G: 225/225/165

Height: 5'7"

Hey girls...has anyone tried epicurious.com? If you put in low carb in the search...it gives you 480 recipes..lots of things to chose from....I am gonna make a few of these.....
Old 04-23-2005, 02:59 PM   #10  

Friday's has an atkins menu that is so good. i had chicken with salsa verde and fresh vegetables that was excellent. it's not south beach, but most all of it works.
Old 04-25-2005, 08:37 AM   #11  
Tim McGraw FANATIC!

Thumbs up

I just ate at a TGI Fridays last week. Had this salad with chicken and black beans. It was so good! I'm sure the BBQ sauce had sugar in it though. I'll have to ask for it w/out next time. I didn't eat the corn that was in it either (I'm still on Phase 1).
Old 04-25-2005, 03:23 PM   #12  
I can do this!

Yup, the BBQ sauce has lots of sugar. But we've all made those mistakes. I find looking at the website for the restaurant (if possible) helps a lot. Otherwise, I just ask if things have sugar. You'd never believe what does!

Yesterday I got to looking at the Boca frozen products, and found that their chili is SBD approved. I made it today, and for 150 calories, you can't go far wrong! I put some light cheese and sour cream in it, and found the texture of the boca crumbles a little gummy, but not bad. It had black beans, which was yummy.

That chicken with salsa verde is a new one to me...it sounds delicious!!!
Old 04-29-2005, 12:02 PM   #13  
I can do this!

Did anyone else find the Jell-o SF pudding cups yet? They are divine!!! They even come in a chocolate-vanilla swirl!

I dipped some strawberries in the chocolate one for a treat this week. It was really good.
Old 04-29-2005, 12:52 PM   #14  

Mine has the FF ones but not the sugarfree. But it is so easy to just make it from scratch that we have pudding almost every evening. My son loves it with fruit mixed in, a little whipped cream and a marchino cherry on top. I skip the cherry and the whipped cream (because I don't care for whip cream much). I've even taught DH how to make it and now he handles it.
Old 04-29-2005, 01:09 PM   #15  
I can do this!

Barb, that sounds great! Your family is so supportive, and I think that's fabulous! I especially love how healthy Brian eats. I'm going to need to ask you for tons of advice on how to get my kids to eat that healthy!

For me, the little cups work well though because they limit my portions, are easy to transport without having to spoon in another container and then wash the container, and I can get them cheap at Sam's. I wish I was less wasteful, though...like you. I know all those little containers are not good for the environment.
Closed Thread