Old 04-20-2005, 08:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

Default do you ever get mad...I need to rant

Some times I get so mad when I am around coworkers, friends, just people in general and they are so thin and eat so poorly and never work out. How does this happen?
This one girl I work with is so tiny and she will eat so much food. she is always going to the snack machine to get chips, she claims she never eats anything but fast food or pizza for dinner, definatley no veggies or healthy food. When we have to eat luch together, they always get pizza and she will eat 3 or 4 slices at luch then later in the afternoon a few slices of left overs. Plus she is totally body obsesed and will go on and on for ever about other peoples bodies. It is so aggrivating I want to scream.
I work so hard to try and lose and even when I'm not loseing, I always eat healthy, no processed junk food, and never that much. I will over eat but like 3 pieces of pizza is over eating not 5!
Anytime I am eating out, I notice what people are eating and I think how are they not as fat as me? I'm eating 1/2 of what they are eating.
I know life isn't fair but come on, its so aggrivating some times.
jennie934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 08:55 AM   #2  
one of my goals!

S/C/G: 215/203/150

Height: 5'7"

Well, I always think of those people as the ones who would have died in a famine 500 years ago.
I did know a girl like that, she was really mean to people with weight problems, and I have always been sensitive to weight issues even before I had one myself. I asked her one day when she was scarfing down if she had a tape worm. It was mean of me, and I regret it because she didn't have a tape worm, she was bulimic. She was railing on everyone around her because she was so insecure with herself - NO self-esteem.
Even if this girl you know doesn't have an eating disorder, she does have low self esteem because she is always picking on other people, and can you imagine what she is doing to her body with all of that CRAP she is eating?!?!??
Her arteries are going to be closed off with plaque by the time she is 55 y.o.
Anyway, she really isn't worth your time - focus on you and the positive people around you.
BrunetteChic_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 09:18 AM   #3  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

I know how you feel . . . I have known lots of people over the years who are blessed with a fast metabolism, and can eat all sorts of stuff (and large amounts of it) without gaining weight. What bothers me the most is when people like that (who never work out or eat right) complain about overweight people and say stuff like "they're so lazy, they should just go work out." I'm like, as if you're any less lazy! You are just lucky you don't gain weight!

On the other hand, I have one friend who is incredibly skinny, but who is very self-conscious about it. She has been skinny her whole life, but while I look at that and think "She's so lucky, she looks like a model," she is thinking "I'm nothing but skin and bones, I wish I could put on some weight." She's been trying to gain for years, but is still stick-thin.

Maybe there will come a day when your coworker can't eat like that anymore. I have a friend who eats basically nothing but junk but is still thin -- lately, she's started putting on weight though. She's realizing that now that she's not a kid anymore, she can't keep eating crap all the time and she needs to start eating healthier.

I've also had problems with people more overweight than me picking on me about my weight! My father has been obese (far more than me) since I was a little kid, but he has been telling me I'm too heavy since I was about 14! He says "I just don't want you to end up like me," but I think it makes him feel better about himself to pick on me instead of changing his own habits.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 09:50 AM   #4  
baby chick

Oh, I didn't know you worked with my sister

Really, though, my sister is like that. She got on the scale yesterday totally dressed with clunky 2 inch heels, soaking wet hair and weighs 111 and she's 5'7". UGH! Really, she's too thin. It's kinda gross to see her change clothes. But still she was eating pizza at midnight the other night and I'm over here not eating past 7:00 and pizza isn't even on my menu. She gobbles down pizza, chips, cokes, pop tarts and I'm like "Where's the broccoli" as I'm drinking my 5th glass of water. It's so not fair!
honeyhoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 02:55 PM   #5  
Newfie Extraordinaire

S/C/G: 322/322/175

Height: 5'11"

My boyfriend is one of those people that can eat whatEVER they want and stay thin! NEVER exercises.

He even had th enerve to give me weight loss advice.. *smacks head*
newfiesara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 04:17 PM   #6  
Megan

S/C/G: 200/138/133

Height: 5'5"

eh.......

my opinion is solid on this one... these "naturally thin" people we speak of do have fast metabolisms, that's true. but i don't think most of them eat nearly as much as we think they do. go to dinner with one of these people and see what i mean...

example: you (non-fast metabolism girl) order a martini, cup of soup for app, and then a grilled chicken salad for dinner (low fat dressing), no dessert. you drink the martini, eat the whole cup of soup, and most of your salad, because darnit, you are hungry

fast metabolism girl orders a martini, buffalo wings for app, and a cheeseburger and fries for dinner. she drinks half the martini before putting it aside because it's "alittle too sweet," eats 2 out of the 12 buffalo wings because thats all she feels like eating, and then barely half of her burger and a couple of fries because, at that point, shes full.

i dont know, add up the calories and see... she's probably not eating that much more than you are, if at all.

my point is that these people eat in anything they want in moderation without even realizing that it is moderation. this is just what ive noticed since i've been surrounded by girls my whole life (went to all girls school, lived with six girls in college, work with girls, etc).

dont get me wrong, im sure there are people who eat everything in sight and stay skinny, but i dont think its that common.
NYCT1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 04:41 PM   #7  
Living the Laguna life...

woah tanny, you are right on! my mom and aunt (her sister) eat whatever they want, but they do exactly what you are talking about....1) the always stop when they are full and 2) never eat processed foods. and they have both had 3 kids, are about 50 years old, and both weigh under 130! i think those types of people are blessed with something i continuely strive to accomplish -- only eating what my body needs!
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 09:10 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

I wish I had what you are talking about tanny. that inner gage that says stop. I do know a lot of people like that, people who I would consider healthy but they arn't the ones that are eating all the pizza at work and a whole bags of chips with nothing healthy to balance it out.
Today, my co-work was at the vending machine and she bought three bags of chips. I feel bad when I buy anthing at the vending machine.

ps...I'm not trying to sound obsesive about this. I don't hate skinny girls. I jsut needed to vent a little....
jennie934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 11:40 PM   #9  

Sometimes I get frustrated about having to think about what I eat and concentrate on making good choices.

When I was younger, I had an incredibly fast metabolism and played a lot of sports, so I truly eat tons of junk food and not gain weight. Unfortunately, my metabolism slowed down a lot as I got older and I stopped swimming competitively but kept eating whatever I wanted.

I wish I didn't have to worry about what I eat, but I know I am a lot healthier than some of my skinny friends. I eat well, work out a lot, drink water, and generally treat my body well. And with my family's history of various health problems, I'm doing the best possible thing for myself even if it isn't always fun. I think a big part of the reason I started learning to cook was to make it more fun to eat well and it is helping.
katia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 07:47 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 173/136/125

Height: 4"11'

My ex was one of those guys that could eat anything and never gained anything. He would tell me, "it's not that hard to lose weight. Just eat less and exercise" --- Like it's JUST that easy. He would also tease me horribly and call me porkahontas and porkasaurus. He would always make me feel bad about eating anything. If i said, "I'm hungry", he'd say, "you look hungry" or "you could go a couple of days without eating". He was one of those people that think being fat is a four letter word. Obviously and thankfully, we are not together anymore, I got tired of being berated and i wised up.
My current boyfriend loves me just the way i am. In fact, the only thing he says that he'd change about me, is the way i feel about myself. Now I can lose weight for me and not to please someone else.
Maryjaneld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 11:14 AM   #11  
Megan

S/C/G: 200/138/133

Height: 5'5"

ew maryjane what a loser that guy was... i'm glad you are rid of him!!
NYCT1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 10:27 PM   #12  

Oh maryjane! Im thinking evil thoughts right now. Im so glad you said ex. I like the new guys answer. Very smart boy youve got there! ;-)
TaraJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 01:20 AM   #13  
mom5kidz

My son's girlfriend is like that. She is so tiny that she has a hard time finding clothes that fit her. She buys extra smalls but lots of times those are falling off her.

She is 9 months pg and still wearing her regular clothes. She normally weighs 98lbs, now, at full term, she weighs 118.

It's not fair!!!!!
kclay61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 08:18 AM   #14  

When your co worker gets a little older and her metabolism slows down she's really going to regret having such awful eating habits, because she's going to be gaining weight fast! No ones metabolism holds out forever and it's just a matter of time before hers slows down as well. I dont envy the rude awakening she's about to get!

Congrats on YOUR weightloss, and don't let her discourage you!
Ahealthierme is offline   Reply With Quote