Support Groups - Time For Serious Fun #102

View Full Version : Time For Serious Fun #102

gma22
04-19-2005, 07:27 AM
TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

gma22
04-19-2005, 07:30 AM
TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and our Target this week is good food choices. Let's make good choices this week about the type of things we eat.

check back in a little later girls

Faye ;)

Amanda Panda
04-19-2005, 02:17 PM
Hi all,

I only got the 2 points for exercise and water yesterday - was doing really well, then must have got a fresh bunch of PMS hormones or something because I ended up ordering a pizza for my tea - oh dear! There is no point in beating myself up about it though - it was my first one in weeks, I enjoyed it and I'll move on.

I'm on day 3 of my low carb lunch plan - made up some gorgeous egg mayo today with extra light mayo, and just had that with a bunch of salad and tomato. Normally I'd have it with 2 breadrolls or 3 slices of bread, so I saved alot of calories. It is so much easier to eat salad now the weather is brighter - I know I'll find it alot harder in Winter, but I guess that is the time to have lots of soups and stews.

I'm going to London in 2 weeks time to stay with my brother - we are going to visit all the free museums which will be really interesting. I've been in the past on school trips when you think it is all boring - but now I'm really interested in seeing the Egyptology stuff at the British museum and the dinosaurs at the Natural History museum - I must be getting old!

CARRI - Glad that dh is showing signs of improvement, hopefully things will continue to get better for you both. Good for you for re-committing and having your first OP day. I agree with you, I could never cut out carbs completely, my life would be miserable, but cutting them down and eating more wholegrains can only be a good thing.

FAYE - How is the detox going? You should start to feel really good in a day or so, when all the stuff has cleared out. Hang in there!

DOT - You are doing really well, keep it up!

Hi to Susan, Nikki and WHERE IS SANDY G?????

Love Amanda x

turningleaf4me
04-19-2005, 03:52 PM
Just popping in quickly to say I lost another pound. Yay! :)

Take care and hope all is well.

gma22
04-19-2005, 07:30 PM
Amanda :dancer:

Dorothy: Yeah for you! Good job on the lb loss.

My computer went belly up right after posting this morning and we were afraid it was the motherboard even though the thing is only 2 months old and still under warranty. We got absolutely NO HELP from Dell. I am warning you folks to consider carefully not buying a Dell computer. One of the techs refused to help Jack because the number on the computer did not match some number they had and when Jack asked to speak to a supervisor he not only refused, he hinted Jack had STOLEN the computer and then he hung UP ON HIM! Jack called back and went round and round with a tech because they didn't want to let him talk to a supervisor. The supervisor hemmed and hawed then tried to help when he realized there was a mistake with the number, but told Jack to call another number and give the person the information he gave him and tell them to change the info to make sure it matched and when he did, the woman again refused to help him because someone had put something into the computer with regards to his number that it might be stolen and she wouldn't talk to him either and refused to let him talk to a supervisor. Jack tried to get it up and going by putting another hard drive in and it wouldn't work so I went upstairs to get the info on when we bought it and the bank info and he yelled that he didn't know what he did but it started working and it is working again now.

I need to go. I will talk with everyone tomorrow

Faye

gma22
04-20-2005, 07:16 AM
WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes a day to gripe about anything you want to gripe about.

Carri: Glad you dh is starting to feel better.

Be back in later

Faye ;)

Amanda Panda
04-20-2005, 02:19 PM
Hi all,

I had a very healthy 4 point day yesterday - been struggling really badly today with my PMS (TOM is due tomorrow) and have been fighting off the urge to pig out on cheese and chocolate. I spent about half an hour in the shop picking up all the really high fat items them putting them back again! In the end I compromised and bought a couple of healthier treats - some vegetarian spicy fajita strips and a veggie scotch egg. I am pleased that I didn't give in and get chocolate and cheese - I told myself 'they won't stop you having PMS and you'll just feel guilty on top of that!' It would have been okay if it was a one off treat, but I pigged out on cheese and chocolate for most of last week and I'm determined to have a better week this week (apart from the pizza! :o )

FAYE - It sounds as if Dell's customer service is as bad as some of the companies you get here in the UK. They sound awful and treated you appallingly. Call centres are the bane of my life - no one will take responsibility for your call and you get passed around from person to person, having to re - explain everything each time. To accuse you of having stolen goods is outrageous - and then to not allow you to speak to the manager - oh, I feel so frustrated and angry for you! :headache:

DOROTHY - Well done on losing a pound! I weigh in at the end of each month now, got too depressed by weekly weigh ins as my weight fluctuates so much with water retention. I don't think April's weigh in is going to be too good though!

Love Amanda x

gma22
04-20-2005, 03:08 PM
Amanda :bravo: you keep up the excellent work!

Boy it has been really quiet here lately. I come back here several times a day and find no one has posted! Hope you are all continually doing well and if not, don't stay away. Having problems is one of the reasons I started this thread 2 years ago! We get to commiserate with each other and find solutions to our problems!

I am sitting on my behind instead of cleaning the downstairs so I better get with it and get out of here!

Faye :)

QuilterInVA
04-20-2005, 05:56 PM
Sorry ladies I think I had a senior moment. I've been bemoaning you all not posting because I didn't get any email notifications and just now it dawned on me there was a new thread - duh!

I"ll post tomorrow - time to go home now!

gma22
04-21-2005, 07:40 AM
THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday. Take time to spoil yourself just a little today!

Susan: I usually start a new thread around post #48-50 just so you know (usually when we go to page 4) Hey, I am to the point where I have more senior moments than regulars ones! :lol:

I will check back in a little later. have to take Jack to work.

Julie: Hope you are having a lot of fun and enjoying the visit with your mom!

Faye ;)

Amanda Panda
04-21-2005, 03:55 PM
Just me again!

I got 3 points yesterday - had a rest from exercise because my calf muscle was hurting. It's still crampy today but I went swimming anyway - boy, I had such a good swim, having a day off made such a difference to my energy levels and 40 minutes just flew by. I'm trying to exercise 6 days out of 7 and felt a bit guilty for having a day off yesterday - but I'm glad I did as it made me realise how important resting our muscles occasionally is, and I performed better today because of it.

I noticed our new member Lateral, who popped in and introduced herself a few days ago has popped off and started her own group!! Hope we didn't scare her off! :lol:

Have a nice evening all!

Love Amanda x

gma22
04-21-2005, 04:12 PM
Amanda :cp:

Amanda: I think we have people pop in and out because we don't have posting like we used to. They join us then see that no one posts so they go somewhere else to post where there is a lot more communication. I can understand that. We have slid way backwards over the last year, not only losing regular posters but we regular ones pop in and out once a day anymore if that. Boy, girl, shouldn't be long and you will be skinny enough for that beautiful wedding dress you showed us!!!!!

I got my downstairs cleaned today so my house is all shiny again... :lol: :lol: So, I was able to go to the library and get me some more books. I hope these are better than the last lot. Four out of the 8 were awful! :lol: I read the inside of the Jacket and actually pick from there, though I pick up a book straight from it's cover or an author I like. Our library will not reserve books so you have to catch things as you can and I am waiting for a book that is new, but popular and can't seem to find it on the shelves so guess I will have to wait until it is a little less new.

I got an e-mail from a lady I used to work with at the law firm about 6 years ago. One of my best friends sent it to her. She and her dh live in Vegas so we are going to get together while we are out there. She is such a nice person and I really liked it when I worked with her. We used to gab all the time at her desk. I guess we are going to take them out to dinner while we are out there. It was just a really nice surprise.

I have got to get to the grocery store. I ate a pb sandwich with only about a tbs of pb on it for lunch and got heartburn so bad I had to take some medicine. It is still sitting like a rock in my stomach. Teach me I guess, but I am out of stuff that is healthy.

GS's got practice tonight so don't know if I will get back in here or not. Have a great afternoon.

Faye

gma22
04-22-2005, 03:55 AM
FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Friday Follies. We are starting a Friday topic about fun stuff that has happened with food, clothes, etc. Instead of being embarrassed or upset by something with regards to your weight, give us some funny or fun stuff that has happened.

My allergies were bothering me so here I sit at 2AM so thought I would get Friday's post started.

Brother, I have a list as long as my arm of stuff. One of the most irritating, but funny things is big boobs meal big dribbles. I get teased a lot about my boobs being the first place food falls!

I will check back later in the day to see who is around

Amanda Panda
04-22-2005, 08:49 PM
Hi Faye,

Well I was thinking of not posting today because I have had a really bad day yesterday and today ( :jeno: :jeno: :jeno: :jeno: :jeno: ) and I feel really annoyed at myself, but I saw that no one else has posted and didn't want to leave you all on your own! My TOM has started today so hopefully I can get back on track now, but I'm not happy that I've basically blown another month of weightloss. I'm not despairing though - I know I'll get straight back on track and really re-focus my efforts.

I hear you about the boob thing - I'm always dropping food down my cleavage! :lol:

I go to the library all the time - I just love them and think they are such a wonderful (and much underused) resource. I get out books all the time and I've read so many wonderful books all for free!

See you later,

Love Amanda x

gma22
04-23-2005, 08:46 AM
SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday.

Amanda: That was sweet of you! Hey we all have the pizza booboo's. You are doing so fantastic overall, don't let it get you! Hope GB is giving you nice weather!

TTFN

Faye ;)

gma22
04-24-2005, 09:05 AM
NO SILLY POLL THIS WEEK

Have a good Sunday ladies

Faye

turningleaf4me
04-24-2005, 02:32 PM
Hi Girls!
Pretty quiet around here lately I see. I myself have just been busy and running around all the time, but trying my best to at least check in once in a while and read up on you girls.

Amanda- You're doing good and the important thing is that even if you mess up one day just get back on track the next day. I know its hard, I get like that at times...took me like I year and 15lbs later to get back on track, hehehe. It's funny they are so easy to gain, yet so hard to lose. :lol:

I've been staying OP and I weighed in today and it said 159!! 2 lbs lost!YAY!! I was so happy to see that "5". My first mini goal is to get to 149lbs. Just crossing my fingers I don't get bummed along the way. I tend to eat and shop to fill emotional voids, fortunately lately I've been pretty happy and the nice weather helps too.

Amanda Panda
04-24-2005, 04:59 PM
Hi all,

Well PMS has gone and I feel like adark cloud has been lifted! I got 4 points yesterday and am on track for a 4 pointer today aswell. I jumped on the scales today and have lost 3lb!! - I think I was carrying ALOT of water weight, and thankfully I seem to have got away with the pizza's because of my high level of exercise. I think my cutting out the carbs at lunchtime has probably helped aswell - just think what I could have lost if I hadn't had the pizza's!

Anyway, this loss has really motivated me to stay on track from now on - I'm hoping to lose another 2lb this week, so then April won't have been a complete washout as I thought it would be.

DOROTHY - Congrats on the loss, You are doing great!!

FAYE - The weather is nice here at the moment, sunny but with a nice cool breeze. Summer is definately on the way!

Love Amanda x

turningleaf4me
04-24-2005, 11:29 PM
Amanda-That's greeeeat!!! Congrats on the loss.

gma22
04-25-2005, 07:41 AM
MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our Mission this week is to work hard for 4 pters.

WEEKEND PTS:

Amanda :bravo: great job!

Dorothy: Yeah for you! Terrific job of staying on task and getting those lbs off!

Satine
04-25-2005, 10:24 AM
Morning All ... well I had a great weekend ( hope you all did too ), it was a weird one, as far as weather goes...we had tornado warnings on Friday and then we had actual snow on Saturday night, so it was odd...but anyhow I do have some GREAT news...you know I went back OP about 8 days ago, well I weighed myself yesterday and I was down 5 pounds!!! Woohoo, it feels so great to be heading back in the right direction...now that I have been OP for a week I feel stronger about my diet...I did not give in to temptation at my parents this weekend, even though my Mom had just made my favorite blueberry muffins!! Nor did I have doughnuts with dh last night...so for now I am doing well and feeling good about it ... :)
As for dh his back is feeling alot better and it seems that the steriod epidural is actually working so we are really happy about that, not happy however about all the really steep bills already coming in from everything :lol: but what are you gonna do, he needed it done and it made him feel better so it was well worth the $$$ .

Faye - I have not had the boob thing happen but I have never had any cleavage, even at my heaviest I have never gotten past a small C ... my allergies have been bothering me too, must be spring ...

Amanda - You always make me want pizza when I read that you have had it, you know I love it as much as you do!!! :lol: You are doing a great job, dont fret about a little pizza, just do better today...

Dorothy - good job on the loss!!!

Hi to All, hope you have a good day, it is Monday the first day of the work week for me so I am dragging, already.

See ya!! :cool:

QuilterInVA
04-25-2005, 02:26 PM
Hello ladies. I am elated to report a 2 pound loss. I ate more than usual last week, so I'm wondering if I have been stuck on this plateau because I wasn't eating enough. Get 4 points for Saturday and Sunday and I'm on track for 4 more today.

I spent all day yesterday putting away my winter clothes and getting out my summer - and now it's down in the 50's again and I need something warmer than a short sleeved dress or blouse. I was just sick of wearing winter clothes.

gma22
04-25-2005, 04:32 PM
LOSSES:

Carri
Susan

CONGRATULATIONS GIRLS! NICE WORK! :cb: :high: :encore: :cheer:

Carri: I was just thinking about your dh yesterday wondering if the steroids had done the trick on his back. I am so glad they seem to be working! I hear you guys had a lot of people in town for the Star Wars convention or some such thing this last weekend and that George Lucas was in town. Now I just know you put on your Romulan suit and went..... :p

Susan: I know what you mean about the clothes. I put on capris and the temp dips 20 degrees so I am freezing then I put on a sweatshirt and by noon it is 70 and I am hot! Can't win I guess.

It is boring here today. I listened to a book on tape and read a book and i guess I will watch a movie until Jack gets home in another hour. I need to start working on my bridge rules, but my mind is just not on it today.

Hope everyone is having a good day and the snow is melting if you got any and the temps are rising if it is cold where you are!

Faye ;)

Satine
04-25-2005, 05:52 PM
Hi all!! Faye -Actually I am a big fan of the whole Star Wars thing ( and so is dh and both our families ) and I knew that was in town but I couldnt bring myself to get dressed up, ha ha of course I would have been Princess Leah ( or maybe Jaba the Hut would be more appropriate for how I feel lately )... I saw some of the coverage on that thing and these people are serious, they really get into this...their costumes looked great, I hear most of them make their own...amazing...

It is cold here today, and I just want to get home and put on my old sweats and get lazy!!! I think it will be leftovers tonight ( dh made chili last night, it was that cold yesterday ), I just want to lay around on the couch!!

Talk to you all later!!!!

Amanda Panda
04-25-2005, 06:13 PM
Hi all!

Glad to see so many people today! I got 4 points yesterday - did 40 mins on the bike and then tried some really hard leg lifts - lying prone on the floor, raising my legs in the air and slowly lowering them down, boy, do my abs hurt today! I'm going to have a washboard stomach if I keep those up!

CARRI - Excellent work on the 5lb loss - I know a good loss really motivates you to stay on track! Well done for getting back on track after your difficult time!

SUSAN - Another 2lb down! You will hit your goal weight in no time.

FAYE - Hey! Where is my congrats for my 3lb loss - Are you having another 'senior moment'? :lol: (Only joking hon! ;) )

Have a lovely evening,

Love Amanda x

gma22
04-26-2005, 08:43 AM
TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and our target this week is sweets. Many people believe sugar is evil. Though I don't, it is necessary that we control the intake of not only sugar but stuff with sugar in it because it is usually loaded with fat too! Let's watch what we eat with regards to sugar, girls!

PTS:

Amanda :bravo:

Amanda: Sorry, for missing your losses. Congratulations, that is just great. Hey, I said something to Carri about a Romulan suit and that is Star Trek not Star Wars so I am probably already ready for the old folks home.

Carri: Did you notice they had on the first two movies this weekend on tv? I remember my son being little and taking him to see them.

Jack has PLC classes the rest of the week so we get to get up an hour and half later, which is nice. He is making breakfast for himself so guess I should go and help him a little.

Amanda Panda
04-26-2005, 04:15 PM
Hi all,

I got 3 points yesterday - had a late afternoon/early evening nap and missed my exercise session. I'm having a healthy day today, had a good walk and swim and egg and salad for lunch, and am just waiting for Nigel who is cooking my tea - pasta and pesto with veggies I think. :T

How are your allergies at the moment Faye - have you managed to get back on track yet?

Have a good evening all,

Love Amanda x

Satine
04-26-2005, 05:57 PM
Afternoon all, just a quick pop in at the end of the work day ( almost anyway ), I know it is not Weds woe but I am having some severe jaw pain, all the way into my ear, just on my right side... I dont know whether to go to the Dr first of the dentist ... it is funny because no tooth actually hurts it is just in the upper and lower jaw area...any ideas?

Well I hope you all have a good evening, will check back in tomorrow...

gma22
04-27-2005, 07:26 AM
WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes and it is our day to gripe.

PTS:

Amanda :cp:

Carri: It is probably too late to say anything now, but I would definitely have gone to the dr first. Jaw pain is one of the signs of heart attack and if I had jaw pain where my teeth didn't hurt and didn't have reason for it like I whacked my face or something, I think I would run not walk to the DR. I hope it is better today but if it isn't I would get in to see the dr asap.

Amanda: I am in the schlump right now and having to dig myself out. I am not depressed or anything, I just have to work on getting back a positive attitude and start working again, which I am not doing right now. Thanks for your concern. I truly appreciate it.

I hope everyone has a good day

QuilterInVA
04-27-2005, 09:48 AM
Carri - go to the dentist - it might be TMJ. I've had a couple of bouts of that.

Okay - since we can gripe today - I'm really angry with myself. I ate my lunch yesterday. Then a group that was having a luncheon in the conference room came and said come eat with them - they had Italian deli and pastries - you guessed it...went and ate half a sub and a plate of pastries. They tasted great. But I'm the insulin resistant woman who is supposed to severely limit carbs. So today not only is the scale up but I feel terrible - sluggish and bloated. I actually had to wear pants with a stretch waistband. When will I ever learn? Today I'm have green tea, water, protein, veggies, fruit and yogurt.

Mirabelly
04-27-2005, 11:30 AM
Hi everybody!
I'm back....boy did I eat like crap on vacation...and hardly exercised except the all-day walk-a-thon in DC. Somehow I managed to stay about the same on the scale. But I haven't lost a damn pound since January! I'm really depressed about it all, like...why the **** can't I just get with it again??? It was so easy to lose those 40 pounds two years ago (I can't believe it's been that long)....why can't I just finish the job????

I know I'm very sensitive to breads/pastas and sugar, so I'm just going to work on one thing for now...and that's avoiding the foods that make me feel like crap. I started eating them again in moderation, only whole wheat, only now and then...but it's gone to white flours and every day again...so I guess I just need to cut them out completely.

I gotta get going, but I hope everyone is doing well. I'll try to post more regularly...I really need to get over this hump!

TTFN,
Julie

gma22
04-27-2005, 02:04 PM
Julie: Great to have you back. Hope you had a wonderful time on vacation! I know what you mean. Two years ago we were all hot to trot and doing well and now we just slip and slide all over the place. Did the kids have fun and grandma too?

Susan: Hope you get to feeling better today after cleaning your system. Nothing like sugar to slug you right up!

Hope everyone is having a good day, enjoying sunshine if you have it!

Faye ;)

gma22
04-28-2005, 07:37 AM
THURSDAY: Today is TIme for Us Thursday. Take a little time just for you today. YOU are worth it!

morning everybody!

I will check in a little later and see who is around.

Faye ;)

QuilterInVA
04-28-2005, 09:26 AM
Good morning, everyone. Just had a depressing thought - here it is the end of the month and my weight is the same as when it started. Sad thing is my goal was to lose just 2 pounds. Well, new month starting Sunday and here's my goals - lose 2 pounds, stay OP by planning my meals in advance, walk 2 miles a day at least 6 days a week and drink 64 ounces or more of water everyday. That's really doing something for myself. My reward for doing this for the month of May will be a manicure and pedicure. I have my breakfasts and lunchs and snacks already planned in Mastercook - just need to add dinners. I only do these a week at a time so I can take advantage of sales.

The weather is beautiful and the pollen count is extremely high so my asthma is not cooperating with me walking outside today -- I'll do my Plan B - go to Wal*Mart Super Center, load my cart with 4 25-pound bags of dog food and push it up and down the aisles as fast as I can for 30 minutes. Then I put the dog food back and leave.

Well, have to get to work.

Mirabelly
04-28-2005, 03:20 PM
Hi everyone!

Susan! OMG, that is a hilarious exercise idea!!! I love it :lol: Mind if I use it in an article I'm writing?

IT's cold and rainy here. I had to have trip #4 to the dentist...still working on the same freakin' tooth! This time it was to get it ready for a crown. Not too painful, didn't even get a needle--thank god. But it still took 2 hours! So far they've spent 7 hours on the root canal, and 2 on the crown. FOR ONE TOOTH!!

Sheesh.

I ate pretty well yesterday, didn't drink enough, but got my exercise in during dance class.

I gotta go pick up the kiddies, so everyone have a great day!

Julie

gma22
04-28-2005, 03:34 PM
Susan: Boy, when you buy dog food you are serious! :lol: :lol: :lol: Seriously though, that has to be some workout, load it, walk it around and unload it back onto the shelf. Let's see aerobic and wt lifting! Now if you could only load 2 bags at a time, one in each hand.... :lol: You are amazing, do you know that?

Well, my petsitter has gone down the toilet. I was looking for a bonded, insured petsitter to come into my home while we are in Vegas every other day to check on my cat. I found someone then got an e-mail from her saying I was outside her "service area." Give me a break! She serves east Memphis, which is farther than I am and she is probably no more than 10 miles from me and she says she goes at least 7 miles from home. Now I am back to square one trying to figure out what to do with my cat. We boarded him a couple years ago and he was awful, scratching and biting the tech who took care of him because he had to stay in a cage the whole time. Unfortunately, with the way things are with my dd, I am definitely not asking her for help at all so I hope I can come up with something. I filled out a request form on a website twice in which they are supposed to send it to local pet sitters and have them contact me, but no one has. Ahhh me, guess I will figure something out!

It is nasty, cold and wet today. A real blah day. I am exhausted because I am not sleeping, am full of junk and unhealthy food and feeling lousy from allergies and the asthma stuff. I am just a mess! :lol: I have felt so rotten I haven't gone shopping for proper food. I have trouble drawing in enough breath right now to walk very far without having a coughing fit. I take my meds, but they wear off before I can take more so I have to suffer until it is time. I am going to have to get there this weekend so I can get myself back in place where I belong. I am going to start out really slow, like 5 minutes on the treadmill several times a day at a slow pace. Not fat burning, but at least getting exercise. I exert any large quantity of energy and I can't get my breath and I cough. We haven't figured out yet what we are going to do with me this weekend as we are supposed to go to a baseball game and the city has a bunch of stuff going on, which means parking is going to be at a premium. Truthfully, I do not feel like going, but I did promise and my ds and dil will be here from Indiana to visit sometime today. You KNOW I don't feel well when I haven't cleaned this week except to keep things straightened up. I am just so run down. Enough griping!

You guys are doing great! Keep up the good work all of you!

gma22
04-29-2005, 10:32 AM
FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Friday Follies. A time to share the funny DUMB things you have done or have happened to you!

Morning ladies! Got in here a little late today , but looks like no one has been here so I guess that is ok.

We had a nice visit with our ds and dil last evening. T had a soccer game. My ds and dil are here for the music festival so we won't see them much. We made plans to have breakfast and lunch tomorrow with them before the concerts get started and we go to our baseball game and that will probably be the extent of it. You know, that is just fine. I don't expect them to spend 24 hours a day with us. We are just happy that we can enjoy them for a little while and have a good time while we are with them.

I am making no sense I guess. Anyway, have a good day guys!

Mirabelly
04-29-2005, 12:41 PM
Hi Ladies,

Yesterday I ate and ate...good thing there wasn't anything really unhealthy in the house except gummy fruits for the kids. As it was I ate 2 bags of those :lol:

But it's TOM, so that explains it anyway.

I've just learned that my cooking is causing my husband's near constant kidneystone agony :( Apparently, spinach, broccoli, apples and asparagus are the biggest no no's for kidney patients. I use all of those almost daily! Also, high salt and meat intake is bad...again, it's all I cook! So I"VE been trying to eat more leafy greens, meat, fruit and dairy...which is all wrong for James. He's supposed to be eating potatoes, corn, rice and stuff....GRRRRR!!! He's had bad kidney stones for years now and no doctor he's ever gone to has told us this stuff. They just say "oh, drink more water and they'll pass". I finally have had enough and did some serious research. I can't believe all this time I"VE been the one making him sick. I feel so bad...I know it's not really my fault, but still. I hope making these changes will make a difference and quickly. Poor guy is in constant pain.

Anyhoo....not eating as much meat will help me too. I just have to stay away from the starch.

Faye, I'm glad you're having fun with you ds & dil. Take it easy.

Okay, gotta go...
Julie

QuilterInVA
04-29-2005, 05:09 PM
Julie, there are over 100 different things that can cause kidney stones. That is why it is so important to have them analyzed when they pass so you know what is causing it. Mine were carbonate based - as in soft drinks or anything carbonated are now off limits and I haven't had one since. None of the things you mentioned have any effect on me. You may not have been all that much at fault at all.

Ladies, have a good weekend - exercise and eat moderately! Sunday starts a new month so let's set some realistic goals and get the scale moving downward again!

Satine
04-29-2005, 06:02 PM
Hi everyone, glad to hear you are all doing well...I am still holding strong and staying OP !!! So happy with myself lately, I even stayed OP last weekend so that gives me hope that I can do it again this weekend !! I am back in the zone and ready to get the rest of my weight off of me this year, I figure I lost 47 pounds last year so I can at least do that again this year and get myself close to goal, right??? I am back adjusted to my diet again and not feeling as hungry, feeling good :)

Faye - Sorry to hear that you are feeling so bad, I hope you feel better soon, I suffer from bad allergies to so I know what you are going through poor thing...glad you are having a good time with your family.

Julie - Well glad that you are figuring that out now so that you can help him feel better asap!! Although I do not know what I would do w/o my asparagus, it is funny cause I hate all other vegetables but I will eat asparagus, my Mom wants to slap me! :D

Amanda - Hi, have a good weekend !!!

Susan - I am with you, lets set some goals and DO THIS THING !!!! :lol:

Have a great weekend all and talk to you later !!!!

gma22
04-30-2005, 08:00 AM
SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday so share your sunniness with us today!

morning girls! It is cold this morning so it is long pants and sweaters to the baseball game I guess! We had terrible thunderstorms too!

Julie: I hope your dh can get his problem solved. I know kidney stones are painful and especially in a man.

Susan: Thanks for your encouraging words!

Carri: Hope your husband is really improving now and on his way to being well completely.

Everyone have a good day today!

Amanda Panda
04-30-2005, 03:41 PM
Hi all,

We've been having terrible computer problems which is why I haven't checked in fir a few days - we rang up the company who we had the warranty with and guess what?..........they've gone bust! So now we will have to pay out in full to get it fixed which we just can't afford to do right now. Nigel tinkered with the software and it seems to be okay (but slow), but he doesn't know enough about hardware to fix it. So anyway - if I suddenly disappear for a few days or weeks, you'll know that it's because the computer has finally clapped out, and not because I'm fed up with you all! ;)

I've been doing well - all 4 point days this week, apart from one. I'm suffering from terrible shoulder stiffness and nothing seems to be helping - Nigel gave it a really good massage, but the pain just came back 2 days later. I think I need to rest it for a couple of days which I've been avoiding doing as I'm really enjoying my exercise routine at the moment and I hate to break it.

Well today is the last day of April - I fear I've wasted another month! I'm going to have a full weigh and measure tomorrow, but I know it's not been the best of months - again! I should be joining the new gym I mentioned in a couple of weeks which will hopefully herald a new phase of weightloss journey!

Sorry I haven't got time for individual replies right now, but I'm thinking of you all!

Love Amanda x

gma22
05-01-2005, 05:33 AM
SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday and our silly poll this week is, since it seems this is the month for problems with computers, what will frustrate you the most with any kind of retail, restaurant or service people, bad service, bad attitude, slowness, etc?

One word for me, EXCUSES! I hate it when a service person gives bad service and starts making excuses as to why. If I were, say a wait person, I would say something like, "I apologize for the problems, could I get the manager for you?" or " Please except my apology for the problems you are having, let me do such and such to let you know how sorry I am..." etc. Not some balogna like, "I have a large party that is causing me problems, or my all time favorite, we ran OUT." I know it is not the wait person's fault they ran out of something, but I would not make an excuse, I would have the manager do something. The restaurants are BAD about the running out of things here, which to me, means they have an inempt manager who can't seem to figure out how much to order. We went into one place where they had just started serving lunch and they had already run out of their special for the day! There weren't 3 people in the restaurant at the time and I looked and two were still eating breakfast! Now how do you run out of a special for the day when you just started serving it????? :lol:

PTS:

Amanda: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: (I am not sure how many so just gave you a whole weeks worth!!!!)

Amanda: I am sorry about the computer. If you can tell me what it is doing or not doing, I can ask my dh about it and he might know. Dh got so mad at the people from Dell when they hung up on him he broke my phone on my desk and I had to go out and buy a new one! :lol:

Ok, I am now out of options! I have gone through THREE pet sitter companies and NONE of them will service my area. I have one more lady I can try that this last one gave me, but she says she doesn't know if she serves my area or not. She did, however, contribute 4 days of pet sitting to our local PBS channel a few weeks ago when they did their yearly auctions stuff to raise money so maybe....All else fails he will have to be boarded, I guess. You know, this last one said she serviced Memphis, and then listed practically every other service area around me, including one not 4 miles from where I live. She didn't say she was FULL but that she didn't serve my area. Kind of irritates me that she lists Memphis then tells me she doesn't serve my area. You either want the busines or you don't I guess and I guess she doesn't need my business.

DS and dil are coming here for lunch today so I have lots to do. I cleaned the inside of the fridge, straightened cabinets, and cleaned the drawers in the kitchen but am going to have to get the rest of the house cleaned this morning and get a roast in etc. This will be the first time they have been here since we bought it so I am anxious to see what they say about the changes we have made. We had fun with them yesterday. We went to a restaurant called Rum Boogie Cafe down on Beale street for lunch, then they went back to the small mall in Peabody Place because my son had ruined his expensive running shoes down at the Festival on Friday night when it rained and was a mud pit down there. We went to the baseball game. UGH! It was embarrassing. The team here is the triple A affilitate for the St Louis Cardinals and they played the Iowa Cubs, which is Chicago's affiliate and you know we are BIG Cubs fans. We left at the beginning of the 8th inning and it was 6-0 in favor of the Redbirds and the Cubs had only gotten one measly hit that amounted to nothing! This was the first time we had been to this ball park (it is fairly new and built smack dab in the middle of downtown Memphis) and it is a wonderful park. I give it A+ for having seats wide enough for my bum and better spacing between the seats. This is the first ball park I have been to that the seats didn't pinch my fat legs because they were too narrow. I "measured" the seat width using the ole knuckle as an inch measure, and they are like 19 inches. The first class seating on the plane to Vegas is 21" and only two across so at least I will be comfortable on the flight too without, "spilling over" into someone elses space. I also get the window seat so I can see out. Jack only likes the window seat so he can lean on the plane wall and sleep so I told him nothing doing, he could sit on the aisle seat! :lol: We only have 4 months and I am so excited to go. I have to get myself in gear though as my clothes are not going to fit if I don't.

Have a good day girls

desertseatingoceans
05-01-2005, 05:45 PM
HEY GIRLS!!!!
It's been so long since I have been in here, but I finally got a new computer so I can start coming back. It has been nuts over here, I turned 19 yesterday, my dad just left for war a couple days ago....I've had my hands full. Since I have been gone I really fell off the wagon, but I have been really been doing well the past week. I just found a jogging buddy so hopefully that will help me a lot. Okay well, I just wanted to pop in really quickly and say hi and everything. I will definately be stopping in more often. Ya'll have a great day!
Nikki

gma22
05-02-2005, 08:44 AM
MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our mission this week should be GOALS! We are beginning a new month, so let's set some monthly goals and really work to achieve them!

Nikki: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :hb: :gift: Sorry I didn't post it yesterday, but that birthday alarm thingy didn't let me know, so I am going to have to go and check why. Hope you had a good one and will say a prayer for your dad's safety.

Everyone think positive and be positive this week!

Amanda Panda
05-02-2005, 05:30 PM
Hi all,

Well I've had my weigh and measure and I managed to lose another 2lb last week, making my April total 5lb - not too bad, but I'm about 7lb behind where I was planning to be at this stage. I've lost a total of 21lb now which I'm really pleased with - I've lost for 4 months in a row now, averaging at 5lb per month. It's slow, but I haven't been on track 100% - probably about 75%, so 5lb a month is okay really. My goal for May is to lose 7lb.

I had a 'day off' yesterday - ate lots of toast and didn't exercise! :o Today has been really hot and humid and I found it really hard work going on my exercise bike - I was sweating from head to toe but stuck it out for my usual 40 minutes - then jumped straight into the shower!

FAYE - Thanks for your concern about our pc -Nigel has been on some technical forums chatting to people and they said it sounds like the hard drive is going. Basically it crashes to the desktop after about 15 mins of starting up (then is fine after that), and now it is just really slow and sluggish and sometimes just won't start up at all! :dunno:

NIKKI - Welcome back! I will also say some prayers for your dad in Iraq. Hope your mum is managing ok without him.

JULIE - Welcome back! You need to have a think about how much losing weight means to you. I expect that now that you have lost almost 50lb, you do not feel so huge and are not so desperate to get the weight off. But don't sell yourself short - don't settle for being 200lb - give yourself another push and get down to your goal weight! It won't be easy but it will be worth it!

Hi to Carri, Susan and Dorothy!

Love Amanda x

gma22
05-02-2005, 07:34 PM
Evening ladies!

Amanda: You are doing a great job and don't forget the pizza so you are doing great! Keep it up! Hard drive replacement 120 gigabyte is around $70 american $$ at online stores or Ebay buys. My dh agrees with everyone else that it is almost assuredly your hard drive going.

Hope everyone is doing well and having a good day.

It is cool still here today. Hope it will start warming up. Our Beale Street Music Festival was Frid-Sun and boy what a mess. The news showed the trash and brother, beer bottles, plastic and styrofoam cups, paper stuff all over the place. We have a month long festival every year called Memphis in May and we honor a country every year. This year is Ireland. Anyway, each weekend has something different. This next weekend is the world famous BBQ cookoff. The smell downtown is unbelievable. You salivate 2 miles away! :lol: We don't go because it is at Tom Lee Park next to the river and you know they call Memphis the city on the bluff and that is true. The park is at the bottom of the really long and steep hill and there is no way I can climb the 100 steps or so let alone the fact they haven't got proper restroom and I take a diuretic! My dil told me she wouldn't go to the bathroom at the portapotties and decided she would pee her pants if she had to as it was pouring down rain on Friday night anyway! :lol: Believe me, that is funny because her personality is such that you would definitely not think of her that way. They had walked from their hotel, which is at least 1/2 mile or so to the park. The city spent bigtime $$$$$ to put all new sod in the park because they were expecting rain to cut down on the mud. They showed a pic of the park tonight and there is NO!!! grass only mud! What a waste of money and we are like 30 million in the hole for the city budget this year.

Well, need to go and finish cleaning up for the evening.

What is everyone's plans for Mother's Day? My son and dil gave me an I Love Lucy gift and my dd is taking me to lunch on Sunday.

Have a good evening

Faye

gma22
05-03-2005, 09:29 AM
TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and our target this week is where we eat. Let's watch the places we eat this week, not at our desk at work, unless we have to, not standing up, walking around, not at a TV tray or in BED!

check back in later gals

Faye ;)

Satine
05-03-2005, 10:29 AM
Morning Everyone ... I was going over my loss for April and it was 6 pounds, I do not remember what I said my goal was for that month but I am sure I was shy of it ... I am going to make my goal for May 8 pounds ... I think that is actually do-able now that I am staying OP ... :)

Amanda - You are doing great, keep it up!!!!

Faye - I do not know what I am doing for Mothers Day yet, I know I will be going to see my mother and unfortunately my MIL but other than that I do not know...my mother always wants hanging flower baskets for her back deck so that is probably what I will be getting her. I also want to thank you for all of your prayers and well wishes ( and others too ) for my dh, it meant alot.

Nikki - Happy Belated B-Day ... :D

Julie, Dorothy, Susan - Hi !!!!

As for target Tuesday I really do not have a problem with where I eat, it usually does not affect me all that much...me and dh do eat in front of the TV every night :lol: but we have no kids so we have just gotten into that rut...but it is just dinner, I do not snack on the couch because then it gets out of hand... :s:

Well I hope you all have a great day...

gma22
05-04-2005, 05:44 AM
WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes. A day to gripe about whatever you want!

I will try and get back in here today, but dh is sick and I have to take care of him and try and get him into the dr.

QuilterInVA
05-04-2005, 12:47 PM
Hello, everyone - been swamped at work and my allergies are about to kill me. Grass is really growing and the trees. Please pass the tissues.

Faye, hope you get dh to dr and he's well soon. My husband is doing a little better so I'm real thankful for that - means we can put dialysis off a little longer. Heart problems are under control for now.

Amanda Panda
05-04-2005, 04:27 PM
Hi all,

Just popping in to let you know that I'm off to London to visit my brother - not going till Sunday, but have alot to organise before then so I'm not sure if I'll get the chance to post before then.

I'm looking forward to going to London as my brother has alot of stuff planned and I should also be meeting up with my best friend - I bought a new outfit today ready for my evening out with her. I bought some plain black combats and a pretty white and pink sleeveless top in cool cotton - the great news is that I've definately gone down a size on top, but the next size down in bottoms were just a little too tight.

Must go, dinner is served!

Love Amanda x

gma22
05-05-2005, 09:11 AM
DO NOT POST HERE BUT JOIN US AT #103