Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-18-2005, 11:15 AM   #1  

Default New here, some questions!

Hello!

My name is Ashley and I'm new here. I don't want to lose a whole lot of weight just about 8-10 pounds. I currently weigh 128 pounds and I would like to get down to 120. I am currently eating 1200-1300 calories a day and I do pilates 5 days a week. Is this a good amount of calories to be eating to lose? Have any of you done pilates and liked it? I love it so far! Also I live near the beach so I can get outside and exercise lots because of the warm weather.

Thank you!!
ashleygal33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 03:09 PM   #2  
On My Way!

Hi Ashley. I've never tried Pilates, but plan to take a class starting in May. It sounds fun. As for whether you are exercising enough, well it sure sounds like it. It's hard to say what it would take for you to lose 8 more pounds, not knowing how tall you are and what kind of frame you have. You may be at the low end of your healthy weight range. But there are some people here who know more about what to do to lose those last few pounds, and some swear by weight training. Also, you may need to up your calories some so your body doesn't think it's starving and react by holding on to the weight. Not sure what your fat intake is, but I've read elsewhere on this list that increasing your fat a little at this stage of your weight loss can help you shed those last pounds. Weird, but seemingly true! Good luck!

Last edited by Serafyn; 04-18-2005 at 03:11 PM.
Serafyn is offline   Reply With Quote