100 lb. Club - Weekly weigh in (4/18-4/24)

View Full Version : Weekly weigh in (4/18-4/24)

BethC
04-18-2005, 08:59 AM
Good Morning!!! I actually like kicking off the week this way.

I lost 2lbs last week! Down 22.8 since Thanksgiving. I have 3.2 lbs left to my 10%!!!

I am having trouble with my knee. Last week when I posted, I did go to the gym on Monday at lunch, then Tuesday I tried to walk down the stairs and it kept locking up on me. I have had problems with it off an on recently, but I thought it was weight related and that having lost weight, I would be fine.

Turn out after having an MRI on Thursday, I have a deterioration of the cartilage in my knee. Now, while I know that's not good, I don't know how they fix it! I'm waiting for my doctor to call me, he needs to get the films.

So, I haven't excercised since Monday. But, what I'm really proud of is:

** I didn't overeat because I was so upset (and in pain)***

That's huge for me! :dancer:

Anyway, I hope you all have a good week!! I'll post again when I hear from my doctor.

SoccerGirl
04-18-2005, 09:17 AM
Brand new here to this group. I lost 3 pounds this week and I'm proud but... I wish I were losing it faster. I know I know - it's not good that way. So I've lost 34 pounds since 1-17-05 which is when I started my diet.

So I'm staying positive and reminding myself I'm not looking for a quick fix but a lifestyle change.

puff0518
04-18-2005, 10:31 AM
I am down 1.75 from last Monday!! Woo-hoo!!

kellyjoiii
04-18-2005, 11:07 AM
Ohhhh ooohhhhhh I wanna weigh in.....:) New here too and like soccergirl...I wish I could lose much faster too (as do we all I am sure) I am down 3lbs too from last week.
I am loving this board already and look forward to meeting everyone~~

kykaree
04-18-2005, 12:05 PM
Well done everyone!!!!! I lost 2 pounds last week, I am really happy with that. I have lost 29 since January this year, slow and steady is the way to go.

tkdkathy
04-18-2005, 12:05 PM
Congratulations, everyone! I lost 1.5 pounds this week. :cb: I have lost a total of 10.5 pounds the last several weeks. I am doing WW. I would be ecstatic if I lost 2 or 3 pounds a week---I think maybe you are expecting too much??? 1 to 2 pounds a week is considered a good, healthy loss. Believe me, I wish it were faster, too. But 2 or 3 pounds is awesome! Good job, everyone!

howie6267
04-18-2005, 12:17 PM
Good going all. Don't worry about it coming off faster. Just stick to the day to day and you will be amazed at how fast it really does come off. I'm amazed when I look back at how fast the past year has gone and that I'm down 117 lbs. So just keep at it.

barbygirl43
04-18-2005, 12:17 PM
Welcome to the newbies and congrats on the all the losses. I again fell off the wagon and tried to "drown" myself with too much alcoholic beverages this weekend and saw a nice gain. I'm back to journalling today so hopefully I can turn my scale around next week.

BethC
04-18-2005, 01:30 PM
Congratulations to everyone this week! It's finally nice outside here in NYC. I'm still waiting for the doctor to call... this is tough.

Let's keep going! :)

willowgirl
04-18-2005, 01:32 PM
Same problem here babygirl, I swear a nice cold beer will be my downfall. So that, plus the fact that it's that time of the month for me and I added 2lbs this week, bleh. Oh well, I know as fast as those 2lbs came they will go again. On to focusing on this week!

SoccerGirl
04-18-2005, 02:02 PM
I've been waiting for "that time of month" to do it's dirty trick on me but luckily, in the three months I've been dieting - It hasn't happened. Knocking on wood like you wouldn't believe!

In fact, I went on a new birth control (depo) and the doctor told me that gaining a bit of weight would be pretty much unavoidable. I have not gained one single pound since I started this diet, let alone after starting the deop despite his warnings. So I guess I should be pleased.

treefrogtoes
04-18-2005, 03:08 PM
Congrats to you losers! Keep working on it everyone else!

I forgot to weigh in today... I'll do it first thing in the morning!

glynne
04-18-2005, 03:43 PM
Yippee ~ back down some. 3 pounds this week.

hautbois
04-18-2005, 05:21 PM
Congratulations to all the losers! Great job everyone!!

~~Sunshine~~
04-18-2005, 11:31 PM
I lost 6 more lbs woohoo!! 15 lbs since March 25!!

kclay61
04-19-2005, 12:03 AM
My WI for Monday was

Down 2.5lbs from last week - making it a total of 15.5lbs

teapotdynamo
04-19-2005, 06:40 AM
Wow - some really great losses in here this week!

As of yesterday (didn't get around to weighing in) I was down 2 to 188. I'm starting to think I may make or exceed my goal of 185 before the May 4 wedding!

Howie and Kimberly, I LOVE Howie's new avatar. You are both looking *so thin*!!!!!!!!! :D

Sandi
04-19-2005, 09:05 AM
Congratulations to all the losers!!! A 2 or 3 lb loss is really VERY good and I would consider that a Pretty fast weight loss pace. That is just awesome.

I lost 4.4 this week. About what I expected for my 1st week back on plan. Total lost 8.4. It's a start.

BethC
04-19-2005, 09:09 AM
Sandi - that's great!!! I always am even more motivated after I've lost some weight. Also, I saw in the journal buddies that you're using your Flex points, they always help me stay on plan too.

Have a great week everyone!

lessofsarahtolove
04-19-2005, 10:51 AM
Hello, all! :wave: WELCOME to all the newbies!!!! Great job, you guys! Big wooh hoo to Sandi!! :cb:

Ok, here's my first public weigh-in since starting chemo. I'm back on plan, and down 4 pounds since last week! I'm participating in the journal thread, too.

Keep up the good work, everyone! Oh, and Howie, I completely agree with Jennifer about your avatar -- va va voom to you both!! :love:

howie6267
04-19-2005, 11:23 AM
Jennifer way to go on breaking the 190s. Your so far away from the 200 mark now. That's got to feel great.

Sandi that is awesome your doing great and I know you will continue.

Sarah it is so good to have you back. I know you will be back where you were in December in no time at all. You are an amazing person and I love having you around.

Great loses everyone. And welcome to the newbies. I don't know what I would do without this site.

Thanks for all the coments on the new pic. Kimberley makes it with her beautiful smile. Thats what made me fall in love with her.

treefrogtoes
04-19-2005, 02:10 PM
I'm down 4 pounds from last weeks upseting 1 pound gain... so, down to 270!

SuchAPrettyFace
04-20-2005, 11:06 AM
Congrats to everyone on their losses!!! Great job, everyone!

I am ready to come out of the fat closet.

A few weeks ago I weighed in @ 330. I was back to my highest weight ever.

Last night @ the gym I weighed in, 326.5. So at least the scale is going in the right direction now.

edited to add, I think Howie & Gardenwife are looking downright skinny in Howie's new av. :cheers:

teapotdynamo
04-20-2005, 11:20 AM
p.s. Sandi - I'm so proud of you! That's a great loss. You can do this!!!!

howie6267
04-20-2005, 11:23 AM
Thanks SPF that is always nice to here. Your doing great a 3.5 lb loss is awesome.

barbygirl43
04-20-2005, 12:25 PM
Look at all the great losses this week WTG all. Keep up the good work.
Ditto on the new pic Howie and Kimberley.

famograham
04-20-2005, 01:56 PM
Well, I can't really count from last week because I wasn't here.
BUT
I'm down 2 pounds in the last few days anyway :dizzy:

It's crazy, I forgot how awesome this feels! I also forgot how quickly it happens in the beginning, too. (I know that doesn't last).

Congratulations to everyone here!

xox
Linda

Sea
04-21-2005, 12:00 PM
I'm down 3 lbs from a week ago, at 197.0. Next week isn't likely to be so good as we are going out of town. Most meals will be at restaurants with friends. I won't likely be able to exercise every day, for lack of my workout room and for time. This morning I had my first "normal" blood sugar reading. I know my eating habits needed to change, but I hope this eating and exercise plan isn't going to have to stay so intense for the rest of my life. My toes will curl up before the diabetes can get them!

SwimGirl
04-21-2005, 12:29 PM
Well, I braved my scale after almost a month off plan, and in the last week, I've gained 6 pounds. Part of this could be the upcoming TOM, but I need a start weight, and today is my start date (again!). I'm hoping to get rid of these extra pounds in the next couple weeks..

-Aimee