Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-16-2005, 08:04 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Weekend Chat - April 16th and 17th

Good Morning Everyone

Joanne, hope your Birthday had lots of cake in it

BIL is not doing well, he is heavily sedated and is on a respirator, it doesn't look good. The family is racing there all times of the day giving him their blessings

The weather today is supposed to be in the 70's YEAH !!!!

Watcha all doing today?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 12:50 PM   #2  

Morning everyone.

Leens sorry about BIL.......it certainly does sound grave. Hugs to you and yours.

Working all weekend......need to do some spring cleaning today and dd has a birthday party.

Had a rough day yesterday worried about dd13 and the fieldtrip she is booked to go on to Prince Rupert BC.........there is a one day Kayaking trip and I worry about someone getting hurt......seems so risky for 3 teachers to take on.......have to be careful not to pass on my anxiety to her but on the other hand I don't see why the school insists on these trips.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 12:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang!

Leenie - I'm so sorry that BIL is not doing well. I will be praying! please keep us posted.

I've been busy this morning picking up and washing clothes and did 3 miles and colored my hair. Now I'm working on cooking some lunch and/or supper.

We had an AWESOME time last night. We went to a youth rally by "Rachel's Challenge'. Rachel was one of the girls killed at Columbine and her family has been going all around the country challenging people to start a "chain reaction with acts of kindness & compassion". It was an awesome thing to hear about and of course they shared her faith and trust in Jesus and it truly touched some teenagers - well all of us really - but it was really geared towards the teens. It was an awesome thing to be a part of, and I was glad I was there once I got there! (before I got there I felt like I just wanted to go home and do nothing but I got over it the minute I walked in the place! If you or anyone you know ever has the opportunity to go to one of these rally's called Rachel's Challenge believe me it will truly touch you!

I hope everybody has a blessed day!

hugs,
Cathy

April Miles = 15.5
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 12:56 PM   #4  

hey Liz - you and I were posting at the same time!

you sound busy as always!

I certainly understand your concerns about the trip!

hugs!!!!!!!
cathy
Old 04-16-2005, 02:27 PM   #5  

Good morning everyone.....don't know what it's supposed to do today....it looks sort of overcast now....the forecast says it might rain.

Tomorrow is supposed to be my weighin day.....I weighed in today....down 1 lb.!!!!!!!!!!....so that is 15.4 lbs. since November....but it's become easier to stick to in the 3 weeks I have been doing the WW Core program. I have had to go & buy new clothes.....nothing fit.

I weighed in today because we are playing cards with the neighbors tonight....I know with sitting all evening....that wouldn't be good for weighin.

Liz.....thanks about the new grandchild....it is exciting. DH does our taxes....he owes money.....it will get done by the end of the month.

Leenie....so sorry about your brother-in-law.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 03:17 PM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

What beautiful weather we are having.

April, congratulations Grandma keep us updated on her journey and congratulations on the 15 lbs down WTG !!!

Cathy, that rally sounds really special, I'm glad you went too. I am so shy, really I am, and I've been thinking I really need to get the nerve up to start looking for a new church, I really need to get back into my faith (for lack of a better way of putting it).

Liz I believe every parent would worry about a trip like that. Hang in there and know I'm praying for the safty of all the people on the trip.

I keep checking my emails waiting for my niece to update me on my BIL. I'll let you all know.

HUGS !!!
Old 04-16-2005, 03:58 PM   #7  

Leens don't be shy........think about it what is the worst thing that can happen?

Got dd7 all showered and hair done for birthday party.....it is at the gymnastics club...blow dryed her hair then flipped it all out.........fushia nails with white poka dots.....very springy and very fresh,

Fought with dd13 a bit.......the whole take all give nothing routine of teens......she got mad but came around and told me she was PMSing......her way of saying sorry........oh brother.

Anyhow gotta go run a brush through my hair........have a good one everyone~

Liz

Off to work
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 06:38 PM   #8  
CIN

Happy Saturday Y'All!
Got up at 5 a.m. and was at work by 6:45..left at 1:30 and felt so perky...then driving home realized I had been energized leading 3 meetings in a row and I was really pooped! Hubby & I ate lunch........... I......hit the couch and slept almost 2 hours! Memebers should see me AFTER a meeting ha ha ha!

Liz....as far as the kayaking...we have 3 kayaks and if they are recreational kayaks they are safer than you may think.They dont turn over as easy as people think unless they are going in swift water and even then.life jackets are a law here and I am sure they will have those on! Naturally Mothers worry...just a big part of "letting go" which is easier said than done.

Cathy.I have an old WOW CD with the Columbine song on it................I have read about Rachels tears too! Awesome testimony.........I will be sure to attend if they ever come here.

Well I am still sorting thru summer clothing for us.what a chore.we dont wear half of it anyway so I am donating a bunch..you can only wear so mant t shirts and we have a tendancy to wear the same favorite ones!

Later taters
Leens...are you going to go see your BIL? I am so sorry..............it is awful.waiting on news.isnt it?Prayers are with you and your family!
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 06:57 PM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi again,

MIL called to let me know that the doctors are doing more tests on BIL as we speak. Doctors said his lung should be healing by now but instead the other lung is filling up, he also has a leak in his colon which i don't understand how that happened. My two nieces will have to decide tonight after the doctors speak to them if they should operate again or just let him go. What an awful thing for two young girls to have to decide. Wish I could be there to help, even just to hold a hand. Cin they are in Arizona I'll probably find out late tonight or tomorrow morning. Gosh girls, he's only 53 years young....sigh.
Old 04-16-2005, 09:20 PM   #10  
CIN

Leens
Is this your sister that passed away....her husband?
Awwwwwwwwww.what a decision for them to make.how old are they?

Hey.God can still heal him................will pray for a miraculous change....
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 09:33 PM   #11  
Oooo Silly Me!

Leenie – Sorry to hear about BIL – sending many warm wishes and prayers your way! :

Liz – I felt the same way when the 6th graders had their Catalina Island trip last year. They went Kayaking, Scuba diving and so much more. I was a bit freaked out and worried that Brit would get hurt of something. So understand how you feel! Then on our vacation last year in Pismo Beach, James and Brit went kayaking out on the ocean and through caves. GASP! I was thinking like “Man don’t get eaten by sharks” I couldn’t go with them. I am afraid of the water

Homebound – Happy Birthday Yeah this is just pre-calculus too… I have to go up to Calculus level 3 for my degree… ICK Teaching degree – concentration in Math.

April – ahh I had a friend who is due in August go in for an ultrasound, baby had legs crossed and is in breech position. I guess that makes it harder to tell the sex. Might be a surprise this time for them. Congrats with the 1lb gone!

Cathy – Wow! That Rachels Challenge sounded really fun. I hope they make their way out here!

Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 09:22 AM   #12  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning

The weather is beautiful and it feels so good to be sitting here in my flannel jamies and tie-dye fuzzy piggy slippers I have to make the beds, finish some laundry and just streighten up a bit.

Cin, no, this is not my sisters hubby. We do not speak to him because after my sister died, we found out many terrible things about him and it just turned our stomach every time we had to deal w/it. He remarried 1 year after my sisters death and our family just felt that letting go would be best for everyone, and it was.

This BIL is my husbands brother. He lives in Arizona, and is 53 years old. Doctors spoke to him yesterday (my BIL) and explained that if they didn't operate he would die. He agreed to the operation which is a relief b/c it lifts the burden off of the girls to make the decision (his daughters are in their mid 20's). So thats all I know as of now.

So whats everyone doing today ? I see alot of fresh air in my day lol.

Sue
Old 04-17-2005, 03:14 PM   #13  

good afternoon gang!

Leenie - you are the last person I would think of as being "shy". You go girl! just be yourself like you are in here and all will be well! you are awesome and very special!

April - CONGRATS on the 15 lbs lost since November! that is awesome - really fast - and you are doing GREAT! congrats on becoming a grandmother!

Liz - sounds like dd7 was all dolled up! cute!

Cin - glad you got a nap!

Sunday School and Church were really good htis morning. We just got done grilling pork steaks outside. yum yum gonna clean the kitchen and do as little as possible the rest of the day.

hope everyone has a great day

hugs,
cathy
Old 04-17-2005, 03:31 PM   #14  

Good afternoon everyone.....it is cloudy & cool here today.....got up after 9....slept in a bit.

Last night DH & I had the neighbor's over to play cards....had a nice time....DH went out & bought snacks for the evening.....he bought cream horns....I didn't have any.....had my popcorn & fresh fruit & 1/2 a oz....about....of low fat cheese.....didn't even feel like having the cream horn.

Having a quiet day at home....going to go look for some WW Core recipes now.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 03:42 PM   #15  
prepare for the BEST time

HI everyone:

Leenie, sorry about your BIL..... esop. cancer is very serious, I hope the surgery gives him some respite.

I've had a very *icky* few past days.....turned out I had a fractured tooth under my crown down by the root, the endodontist sent me to the oral surgeon who removed my back molar (oh that horrible sound when they take it out).....so now I am healing the wound and nursing a sore jaw with a nice bruise. I will get the implant by August. Although it's the back last molar, I don't want my bite to shift....I am blessed with nice teeth and intend to take care of them.

so my diet has taken care of itself lately......I couldn't chew! I'm now down either 16 or 17 lbs.....and its TOM on top of it....but 4 different people have commented on my shrinking body. My mother says it's most visable in my torso.....YIPPEEE!!!! I took my measurements and waist is down 4 inches, my hips 4.5 inches and thighs 2.5 each!

FINALLY, my jeans are getting almost BAGGY!
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote