Support Groups - Chit Chat #124

View Full Version : Chit Chat #124

FrouFrou
04-14-2005, 02:29 PM
Welcome to the Jaded Ladies!! :wave:

We are a group of fabulous ladies who love to talk about everything, not just weight loss. :)

So grab a cup of coffee, tea or diet coke :D So feel free to join us, we'd love to have you. :cofdate:

FrouFrou
04-14-2005, 02:31 PM
Thought I would go ahead and start the new thread since with my post it put it at 49. Hope you ladies don't mind. :^:

Anway, have a great day ladies!

Christina35
04-14-2005, 03:31 PM
Hi everyone I am new here, I have struggled for years with my weight and I have tried diet after diet but I always end up quiting. So I am hoping with some support that I will be able to lose some weight. I am right now a low carb diet I just started it today, so far so good ;)...but I am dieing to eat some chocolate. I am a chocohalich really bad and I don't know how to get past the craving and giving into it. If anyone has any secrets please feel me in on them.

Marti
04-14-2005, 06:20 PM
Afternoon ladies--

Christina--Welcome to our little area!! Glad to have you on board. I hope you find this place to be great place for support and to make new friends. We are a great bunch of ladies! I, too, love chocolate!! Can be such a down fall for me at times. And the really bad thing about it is..once I have that sweet tooth satisfied, I have to reach for the salty foods next to counter balance it all!! Such a roll coaster. If I figure out how to curb that addiction...I will be sure to let you know!! :D

Cristi--Not doing anything special for his 30th..... :( but that is how he wants it. I still think that if he wanted to get together w/some friends we could go out and celebrate. Right now he's enjoying his gift and says not to worry about it. I will make him a cake (or buy since I'm no good) and make him a nice dinner on his birthday.

Angie--Hi!! I can't believe you're still waiting for Sears to fix your problem!! I'd be fuming!! I think they need to reimburse you by just exchanging the bad machine for a brand spanking new one!!! :D It's great that you and Tanner are going to the gym. Funny how he wants to get rid of his little pooch! Wonder if he can get rid of mine too! :dizzy:

Terri--How long have you and DH been married? That's too bad that he's acting the way he is. I'm sorry you have to deal w/that. Men can be such babies when they're sick. I remember my ex when he was sick...the world was going to end if I didn't do everything for him!!

Mindee--Wow....such a big party for the first birthday. Think he'll remember it all? :D Take photos and share when the event happens. As for the infertile comments....I always wonder why some people are told that. My sister was told that she will have a difficult time conceiving.....she had her 2nd one in January!

Jane--Glad to hear you're feeling better!! Better get your DGD so you can get your grandma fix!! Can I come over too??

Hello to anyone I may have missed.

I've been laying around thinking of what I need to do this weekend. I worked out on my gazelle and feel good that I got my 30mins in. My legs are sore from yesterday and working out today helped stretch them out. Must get those darn thighs toned up!!

Ok ladies...I'm off to take a shower.

Take Care

Jane
04-14-2005, 10:21 PM
Hiya ladies,

Cristi - thanks for starting the new thread. Are you having pretty weather in your part of the midwest? It was so nice here today, and supposed to warm up a little each day for a while. YAY!

Christina - Welcome!! The best secret I can share with you is to concentrate on what you CAN have instead of what you can't. Since this is for life, try to turn it into a positive journey and you'll do much better. You could go ahead and have chocolate once in awhile, but use portion control, and plan for it ahead of time. I have found it all works best if I plan every bite of my food ahead of time. Also, come here when you're tempted to eat, and before you know it, the urge will (hopefully) be forgotten. :) Just a couple of thoughts that might help you, too.

Marti - yay for the workout!! I got mine in by washing down all the cabinets in the kitchen. Upper ones, and lower ones. Yikes! I may not be able to move tomorrow, lol.

Terri - I edited out your last name from the previous thread to help protect you from weirdos. How about if you give it by PM to any Jaded Lady that wants it? You wouldn't believe all the crackpots the mods have to kick out of 3FC, and I'd feel so bad if one of them connected to you or your child! Better safe than sorry, ok?

I did get my grandkid fix, lol. Madison spent a few hours with me. She talks so grown up!! After she left is when I started on the cabinets, and have to say they are gleaming! I'm trying to get the house in shape for Katie's graduation party. Too bad I've let it go so long, lol. What a slob!!

Not sure I'll be here much this weekend. Whether I am or not, have a good one, ok?

Ciao!! :cool:

tlprocks
04-14-2005, 10:30 PM
Hi there, i just logged on and Nolans dad is talking to me...He is trying to tell me he paid his support but he didn't. Gawdd.. like it isnt bad enough dealing with my sick mean husband!! I will copy what he is saying and paste it here...

Hello to our new friend Christina!! Welcome.

Marti: We were married in August of 2001.. i guess that makes it almost 4 years. Long ones let me tell you.. there isnt enough space to even start!!

It is too late to start that one.. I will tell you one thing though..it is no wonder that i take antidepressants and have gained 50 pounds !!!LOL

Ok nevermind.. Nolans dad agreed with me and i agreed to drop the monthly price of the support.. that way maybe ill get it once in a while. I told him if he cant afford it just tell me instead of lying about it!! Grrrrr I really wish i was in to women right now.. it would be much easier.. oh well i cant help that i was born attracted to men LOL that was a little weird wasnt it!! MAybe i should get to bed before i really dont make any sense at all ... good night sleep tight and dont let the bedbugs bite!!!!TTFN xxoo

tlprocks
04-14-2005, 10:31 PM
Jane thanx for that i never even thought about other weirdos on here..I trust you ladies and didnt think about the others.. thanx again!!' I just missed you lol

Marti
04-15-2005, 07:54 AM
Wanted to pop in before I go to bed to say "Hello!"

Jane--Cleaning house is a great workout!! I always manage to work up a sweat when I'm doing deep cleaning!! So come on over and start on my house!! :D I'll even start a pot of coffee and we can take a break and chat.....of coarse, the house would never get done after that! :D

Terri--Your struggles w/your ex and your present must be hard. I really do hope that everything starts to work out for you. But if it isn't meant to be, then the hard part is deciding when to part ways. But my fingers are crossed that you don't have to come to that.

G'Morning to all you other lovely ladies!!

Well, it's almost 5:00 here and I'm surprised that I'm still up!! I don't know what I was thinking.

But I will check in later on when I get up to see how you're all doing.

Until then ladies....hugs to you all.

RosieKate
04-15-2005, 10:58 AM
They guys just took off for school and I have a few moments before I have to get on with my day....so here I am! Life is a bit crazed, as DH is at the height of his track coaching/officiating season....he gets home real late. But, it's extra money and we are very appreciative. I've been maintaining for the last few weeks, and I think it is partly due to DH's schedule. I'm throwing together some haphazard meals because our dinner time is messed up. I'm not keeping track as well as I should..so this week I am going to get back to planning my menus better so I can get through this.

Terri - sorry you are going through a rough patch - BTDT...and we managed to come out the other side..hoping your DH can see what a great life he has and appreciate it a little more.

Christina - Welcome! This is a great group of women, so if you just come here when yo want to eat that chocolate...we'll talk you down! Jane's advice is great....her successes are inspiring!

Jane - speaking of.... I liked what you wrote about planning every bite.. I think I need to get back to that a bit...kind of let things slide.

Cristi - the new dining set sounds great - too bad you have to wait for it, but all good things are worth waiting for I guess.

Mindee - I can't wait to see pix of the big birthday....My kids were not at their best at the 1st birthday...don't think there were into all the fuss - it unsettled them.. tho' they certainly enjoyed all the toys once the hubbub died down.

Marti - I have been getting "requests" for what I want to do for my 40th - which is coming up in June... and I really don't want to do much of anything.. just like James....of course now that he has his PSP, he doesn't need anything else, right, lol I like parties for other people, but never been big on them for me... I'm a pretty low key person. I think I'll treat myself to a mani-pedi and call it good!

I'm feeling my oats, here. Went to a coffee for the other moms of Leigh's classmates and I think, for the first time, I am one of the "older" moms. YIKES When I had DS at age 31, I considered myself an older mom but I was astonished at how many mom friends I made who were in their late 30/early40s. Now at 39-nearly 40, I'm REALLY the older mom. Sigh. Young whippersnappers....

FrouFrou
04-15-2005, 12:07 PM
Morning ladies~

Just a quickie here ladies, not feeling so good and think I am going back to bed for an hour. Supposed to go to the show today but not sure I will make it. Woke this morning at 2:30 feeling like I needed to throw up, never did until later this morning. Just feeling like I have a hangover (and I don't hardly ever drink! maybe one or two drinks in a year if that) and like I have been run over by a truck. Anyway, will try to post later if I get to feeling better.

WELCOME Christina! Glad to have ya aboard and look forward to getting to know you.

Take care ladies and have a good weekend!

Neets
04-15-2005, 12:26 PM
HI YA'LL

Hope everyone is doing well. I am really well. I was sitting today thinking about all the things that I have to be thankful for, and I realized that I am indeed very blessed. I have a beautiful daughter who just turned ONE yesterday, a very supportive husband and family, and I have ALL OF YOU!!!

Honestly, I am so glad to have found all of you. I just want to thank you all for the support. It makes the weight loss journey that much more enjoyable.

:grouphug:

My baby is ONE. I cannot believe how quickly time flies. Seems like only yesterday my girl was a tiny newborn. I couldn't think of a thing to get her for her birthday (She has so many toys already) So I went out and got the biggest balloon I could get and had it filled with helium, and brought it home.
She LOVED it. It was a GIANT pink # 1 and she loved it so much that she kept trying to hug it and bite it. (Note: It's a mylar balloon so it won't pop)

Saturday we are having some friends and family over for a BBQ :chef: (looks like the weather is going to be beautiful) and some cake and ice cream. :hb: I can hardly wait.

I took my measurements yesterday and am proud to say that I've lost about 2 1/2 inches since last month.

Measurements as follows:

Waist 43 1/2 down from 44 = loss 1/2 inch
Hip/lower stomach 50" down from 51 = loss 1 inch
Thigh 25 1/2 down from 26 = loss of 1/2 inch
Under Bust 39 1/2 down from 40 = loss of 1/2 inch

:dance: :dance: :dancer: :dancer: :cloud9: :high:

ANGIE
Your nightmare with Sears sounds very familiar to me. Last summer we purchased new AC for the house through Sears. From the very first day we had problems with it whenever the temperature went over 85 degrees. Sor some reason it just would not blow cold air. I reported this the day after installation. Anyway long story short, in the end (after many many phone calls) it ended up being a wiring error on their part. I called the Presidents line to complain and then sent a letter. We ended up getting about $250.00 in Sears gift cards in the end. My point..... If you want to get anywhere go straight to the top with Sears. Let me know if you'd like the number of the Presidents line.

JANE So glad that you're feeling better.

KATY I just want to say YAY for older moms. I too am an older mom. I had Joycelyn (my first BTW) last year. I was 35 years old, so I definitely fall into the older mom category too. YEAH!!

A BIG JL WELCOME TO CHRISTINA :wave: The ladies here will be very helpful. Glad you came by.

Anyway, ladies, hope everyone has a SUPERFANTASTIC weekend. I won't have time to post this weekend because I will be busy celebrating my baby's and my husband's birthday's!!

TTFN
Take Care
Anita

Marti
04-15-2005, 04:13 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies!!!

Been up for the last hour...didn't want to sleep in too much!! It's FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
James will be home about the same time I get home tonight so that will be nice. He's been in Kalamath Falls the last couple days. That's about a couple hour drive from here I believe......south of us. Anyway...we'll have the weekend off together, now that is something else!

Katy--Not celebrating your 40th with a big party?I don't think I'm going to want to either when I turn 40. But I think a manicure would be a PERFECT gift! I want a spa treatment day for myself!!! I've been hearing more and more from people who have been going and just love it. May have to treat myself. Just got to figure out an occasion..... :lol:

Cristi--Hope you're feeling better soon! Sending you get well vibes!! ((((((GET WELL CRISTI)))))))

Anita--Hurray on your inches lost!!!! That's is wonderful!! I'm proud of you. You're doing a great job. We are glad that you're part of the JL's too! It's great to hear about your success and about your family! Give a great big birthday hug to your little one from one her JL aunties!! One years old!!

Has anyone heard about the Asian Flu Virus that was sent to some labs on accident?? Well apparently is was sent to our lab.....three specimens. And two were opened BEFORE they were destroyed!! I was reading this in the paper yesterday and was just shocked. Was wondering if that was the reason that over half of my co-workers were so sick this month! I have no idea how or were in the facility it was handled, but it still made me nervous. Now....how did that mistakenly get sent????

I better take my dogs out for a potty break and then get myself cleaned up.
Have a great Friday!!!

da fat n da furious
04-15-2005, 08:50 PM
Hi everyone
Anita, its ok, I took care of SEars myself,,,,being that I work at a CS desk I know the right tone to use....lol I learned alot with the guy who came over....Im suppose to use HE soap,,,not as sudsey...
Happy Birthday to your lil one! Enjoy them as they are small,,,cause one day they will be big and really rule the home!

Marti, ya I have heard of that flu,,,scary stuff....Brandon has to always go for his flu shots cause of his allergies...hes more or less outgrown them so who knows.

Terri,,,,funny you said what you said about women,,,cause just recently a friend said them same words,,,word for word...lol

Cristi, hope you feel better...do you have allergies? cause I know Brandon used to get flu like allergy reactions.

WELCOME Christina! And girl do I know how you feel about chocolate,,,I swear I need to do a 12 step program on chocolate...Hi Im Angie and Im a chocolholic!

I just saw some pics of me from the play and was appalled....hate being so big!

SO yesterday I stayed home and cleaned! I did everything but the office! I am so happy its all done,,,weekend is mine to do as I please! Wahooo! I do have a 2.5 page list of props,,,but I can chip away at it as I go,,,so far Ive gotten about 5 things...just need to work on body limbs...any suggestions?
I will try to get you guys a link to the Iolanthe play....
Well Im going to go spend time with my friends who I have not spent anytime with lately.....
toodles

da fat n da furious
04-15-2005, 08:52 PM
go to www.morpheustheatre.ca

username - iolanthe password - peerperi

Jane
04-16-2005, 07:56 AM
Good Saturday morning, ladies!

Terri - s'ok, that's what mods are for, lol. If your xdh is very far behind in support, can you claim his tax refund check? In the meantime, hope you get at least part of what he owes.

Marti - my house is shaping up! I'm almost done with spring cleaning. Feels so good to have it clean enough that I wouldn't care who dropped in on me, lol. Have fun with your sweetie this weekend! Btw, thanks for bringing up the exercise thread again! Sometimes we forget this is a weight loss site, lol.

Katy - ty for your kind words!! I have missed you posting in here! Having Katie when I was 33 (Neal was 43!!) made me one of the older moms, too. Some of her friends thought we were her grandparents when we went to school functions, lol. She is one of the reasons I still dye my hair! Whippersnappers, indeed!! LOL

Cristi - aww, hope you're feeling better today! Take it easy and get plenty of rest.

Anita - have fun at the party today. Before you know it, your little one will be out the door and having a family of her own. Take pictures to share, ok? YAY for the inches lost!! :cp:

Angie - so you don't want the book? No prob... it's just that, as I said the heroine reminded me so much of you, lol. I'll check out your site later when I have more time...

Which brings me to... I gotta hurry and get off here. Katie has early registration at VU today, and Neal and I have to go with her. She's going to try and get late-morning and afternoon classes next Fall, lol. I'm going to check out when Mom's Weekend is, lol. Party, party, party....

Have a good one!!

da fat n da furious
04-16-2005, 02:11 PM
Hi Jane, was going to say something about the book, I will check the library first to see if its there and then if not I would love to borrow yours.
I just waking up and having NOTHING to do! It just turned noon and Im eating breakfast....

Tanner wants to go see that scary movie I can't spell it,,,Aminitiville horror..I can't even say it. I can't even watch the flipping preview on tv...without wanting to cover my eyes...I saw the first one when I was his age and almost peed my pants I was so scared. It didn't help that we lived in a haunted house,,,good spirits,,,actually sad spirit,, cried alot.
Im going to go to the Bay and Sears and ask if they have any broken maniquin pieces that I could have...
I stopped at Petland again last night,,,,saw a puppy that looked just like Skittles,,,all white with a brown face and a spot on his back...so adorable...lil fat butterball.
Well I should go and clean myself up...
toodles

da fat n da furious
04-16-2005, 02:43 PM
My cousins called about the baby finally,,,the baby will be born with down syndrome..My cousin and his wife are saddened but they love the baby and will be keeping him/her.

Marti
04-16-2005, 05:07 PM
Hello ladies--

Angie--I checked out the site and didn't see anywhere that I needed a password. Are there photos somewhere?? Is this the play you had just finished? I didn't even know they put out another movie for Amityville Horror! Hope you don't get too scared. Maybe you should go see another movie while he's watching that one!! I'm sorry to hear about your cousin. The baby will be a sweet little thing no matter if it has downs or not. I hope the mother is ok with it all.

Jane--How fun to go check out VU. Your baby is stepping into the adult world isn't she.....makes want to cry knowing that soon, Jhanai will be there too!! :eek: Have a fun day today.

Hello to everyone else out there.

Not sure what I have planned today. I'm thinking of buying a table for my scrapbooking. I haven't been doing any of it lately and I've been itching to do so!! I saw some cute idea's that I want to try out so table or no table, I will be trying something and when I do...I will share with you all.

Ok...must take a shower soon before James bans me from all hugs.

Talk to you all later.

da fat n da furious
04-16-2005, 11:38 PM
oops sorry Marti, you need to go to cast or crew,,,can't remember which and go to photo gallery....

Monte and I went to dinner,,,yumm good ol Alberta Beef! Can't beat it.
Then to top the night went to see Man of the House,,,Tommy Lee Jones is one of my favorite actors,,,it was a hilarous,,,no brainer movie.
I bought a couple of CDs,,, Lisa Marie Presley, and Kelly Clarkson...both are great. Already told Monte I have to get Rob Thomas' new one,,,hubba hubba Another CD I heard recently is the Ray Charles sound track. Fantastic!
Well I think Im going to toddle off to bed...
toodles

tommysgirl18
04-17-2005, 02:05 AM
Well, Brandon got his first big boy booboo on Saturday. I put him in the laundry basket in front of the washer (it is see through and he loves to watch the clothes go around) while I made a couple bottles to take with us. I was putting them in the diaper bag, and Tommy was in the kitchen getting his wallet and what not, and I heard a thump and them him start crying. Tommy brought him out of me in the living room and I took him into his room to change his clothes. I laid him on his changing table and that is when I noticed his red mouth! He had hit the gums on the top where the two new teeth are coming through and got a cut on his upper lip. Tommy brought me a wet washcloth and a towel and we got him to stop bleeding. Later on on Saturday while we were visiting grandma and grandpa at the campground. We were visiting a family friendís trailer and he fell on a flash light and hurt his top gum again, so he started bleeding again.

Then come to find out, Zach, our next door neighbors baby, did the same thing! I told Tommy that they must share some kind of bond because they are exactly a week apart, they visit the hospital at the same time (and are just around the corner from each other) and then they go and get the same injury on the same day.

Christina35~ Welcome to the group!

Marti~ My doctor told us that we were infertile because we had been trying for a year without conceiving. Which we hadnít really started until 9 months prior to my appointment, but that is just hearsay. We still have to pick up the last of the things for his party, which is looking like it might be inside because they are calling for few showers and 56 degrees.

Jane~ Sounds like you had fun with Madison! I think we are going to start cleaning here on Monday and then doing a little bit a day until we have nothing else to do except for waiting for people to show up.

Terrie-Lee~ How are things going your way?

Katy~ I donít think we will have a problem with Brandon not liking his party. He is an attention grabberÖÖwhenever it is on him, he is all smiles and flirts!

Anita~ I canít wait for Brandonís party on Saturday! To him, I think he just thinks it is just another day.

Cristi~ I hope you feel better soon!

Angie~ Are you winding down yet? How many more plays do you have? I am sorry to hear about your cousin. I am glad to hear that she is going to keep it. When I was pregnant with Brandon, I didnít get any of those tests done because I figured ďit isnít going to change our outcome so why get it done.Ē And I donít plan on getting those tests done with this one either.

Marti
04-17-2005, 03:34 AM
Angie--I can't find photos of your crew!! I went and searched around, found your name in the crew, but no where was I able to find photos. Unless you're talking about the original cast. I did see those. And I also saw the painting of the fairies.....I love them. One in particular caught my eye. I would love to have it hanging on my wall somewhere.
If you can let me know what I'm doing wrong.......I would really love to see your costumes!!

Mindee--Poor baby. That's gotta hurt. Being put in a laundry basket while he's able to get along on his own can be a little dangerous, so you gotta be careful. He's going to have a lot more owies as he gets older.

Ok...was checking in to see how you're all doing. I'm going back to see if I missed something in Angies theatre site. Talk to you all tomorrow!

tlprocks
04-17-2005, 10:58 AM
Good Sunday Morning!

Wow week-ends are so busy around here!! Did my volunteer at the community centre yesterday morning, then weeded the flower beds there.. Got a bunch of slivers and cuts lol. Then went to th in-laws and then came home to find that there was a fire at a bark yard down the road, so hubby went there and manned the hose for a few hours.. I guess they have bark piles that get hot and if they get too hot they catch fire. They had a fire there last year but it was way bigger.. the bush around it caught on fire and they had airplanes water bombing and everything!! This time they managed to get it out with the fire truck and a few hoses from the ponds around.. so that is good, they are lucky because it was very windy yesterday!! We havent had any rain for a couple of weeks and everything is very dry already!! We need a good rain!

Mindee: I always cry when my kids get hurt, i cant help it as soon as i see their tears mine just start to fall!! I am such a baby.. maybe that is why i have such a hard time disciplining them!

Angie: I like ontario beef lol:lol: .. maybe that is because i live on a beef farm (almost). My grandparents and my inlaws both have farms... Well my grandpa died in July so now i guess it is my uncles farm.. but will always be my grandparents in my head.. i cant get over that.

Angie: well i am sorry about your cousins baby, but i am glad they are keeping him/her. It will be harder but, there are many things they can still do! Besides they are super sweet because they are really so innocent! I love Kelly Clarkson and Lisa Marie.. good choices!!:D

Jane: well i talked to my ex(we were never married becasue i was only 18 and he was 17!) He is going to try to pay me, i told him i would drop it, and if he couldnt pay it, i dont mind hey we have all been there.. i just told him to tell me and not lie! He was ok with that so we shall see. His grilfriend is really nice.. She gave us a toddler bed for Emma when she cam and picked up Nolan Firday night. Well i wish i could get my house clean.. it seems i no sooner finish a room and the kids have it upside down again!! I give UP!!!

Marti: I have heard of the asian flu.. sounds not very nice... Well i hope they get everything figured out! I have done one scrapbook, I made it for Nolans first year at school... put some of his artwork and different stuff in there. After i had the baby though i dont seem to have a minute to myself to do any crafts! I cant even go to the washroom without an audience! :lol: sheeesh!

Anita: Hope your BBQ (party) went well last night.. i have been wanting to do that but i am trying to get the yard and my house in order first.. i would die if anyone saw my house right now! Yes they grow up so fast, my baby will be 2 this august!

Katy: I am horrible with planning my meals! I wait until i am starving and just grab whatever is close... That is a bad habit i need to fix. I had my son when i was 18 and Emma when i was 23. So i guess i am one of those teenage mother statistics lol oh well. We know everything when we are 18.. A baby? how hard can that be lol.. Geez if i knew then, lol.

LOl jane i think it was you that said people thought you were your daughter grandma... Whenever the kids go anywhere with my mom they think she is their mother!! she is like nooo i am grandma.. It is so hard to tell nowadays, people have babies at so many different ages.. and each has its pros and cons! I must look young for my age because when Nolan was little i went to a restaurant, and someone asked what my little brothers name was!! That was kind of funny. And when i tell people i have a 6 year old they ask wow how young were you when you had him? I ma like i was 18 and they say wow you look like that now.. I say thank you. I will appreciate it more as i get older i guess. I find older parents though have wayyyy more patience.well i guess i have bored everyone enough with my ten page post already so i will say bye and have a great sunday, and talk to you later!! xxoo

RosieKate
04-17-2005, 11:36 AM
A quick "Hi" from me today - gotta get ready for church....

Big excitement, we had 3 cubic yards of washed dairy compost delivered ..so now we are hauling it around the yard and spreading it. Now I can go buy plants and put in my veggie garden! I tried to plant some peas and lettuces earlier because our weather was so warm in March,,,but Mother Nature was just teasing us apparently becasue it has been cold and wet for the last few weeks. I think that i can risk some veggies starts now. I'm looking forward to working in my yard more - it's such good exercise and I have been feeling cooped up. Crazy attorney friend called me up and we patched things up a bit... we were laughing about the cow poop and how excited I was about it... we both enjoy gardening and you know it's bad when you get more excited about the big pile of cow poop in the driveway than you do about putting on the high heels and tearing up the town!

Terri - boy, do I know how you feel re: the mom thing. My mother is a very young looking 60...had to deal with people thinking we were sisters when I was growing up, then all the "OH you're too YOUNG to be a grandma" comments. Nice thing about being a young mom would be having more energy....I would imagine, of course, I wouldn't know from personal experience, lol! My experience is along the lines of being "diagnosed" with Advance Maternal Age by my OBGYN....and getting gray hairs while pregnant... that felt strange.

Angie - I can't find anywhere to log in...but I really want to see your pix. I'm glad your friend will keep her DS baby. I refused an amnio ( another "old mom" thing) becaue I felt it was too risky of a procedure. I do think it is good to know ahead of time however. A friend of mine is raising a DS baby and she said it's good to know ahead of time to have a specialist in the delivery room in case they have heart problems and you can start early intervention therapy right off the bat. I found out you can get a good enough idea about DS status through ultrasound without invasive testing, so that's what I chose. I see what joy my friend's child has brought to her life...she would say it outweighs the challenges in a heartbeat.

Oh geez - out of time...Hi to everyone else...will try to get back for more individuals later

da fat n da furious
04-17-2005, 12:02 PM
Good morning ladies,
Katy like you I get excited over strange things,,,should of saw me with Allen Blocks....could barely contain my excitement...lol this summer I want to do a garage and then finish up the backyard...

Terri, you and I are the same,,,I was 18 when I had Brandon and 23 when I had Tanner...

http://www.morpheustheatre.ca/members/
geesh did I make that hard or what? so go to the link above,,,punch in the username Iolanthe and the password peerperi
Go to Cast,,,then photo gallery...

The next play Im working on is Pippin,,,,makeup and the director wants a sensual cirque du soleil....way cool...more up what I like doing....

And props...*sigh will I ever find body limbs...lol

anyways breakfast is calling and so is my tummy
toodles

Mom2Gaby
04-17-2005, 03:22 PM
Sorry Charlie (akaAng) still not working!! lol I even cut & pasted the password.

Of course I could be doing it wrong- curious of anyone else has luck???

Totally envy the ones that get to work out in the yard! Even envy your dairy compost Katy!! Btw- I was thinking of you yesterday as I drove through Hillsdale. I made it through all 3 stop lights without having to stop - how cool is that?? lol

Anyway, counting the clock til I get the Gabster back , next week we go to the Wiggles concert - can't wait.

Happy Birthday to all the children!!!! I think there was Anita's and Mindee's - :) I am sure it will be fun.

Where is Ellen?? Sue??? Katie?? Pam??

Hope you are feeling better Cristi :) Have fun at college Jane!!! My Rach brought home 2 D's yesterday in her report card and Beck brought home 4 A's...who would have thought?? Beck was put in special ed in 5th grade because she was slow- now am just thrilled she is doing so well !!

Welcome Christina!! psssst , didja get your shower Marti??? lol......you always sound so cute when talking about James.

K- best get. Mike wants to meet early and discuss a settlement. He agree's ( at least he said) to me having sole custody. So cross fingers!! He said he can't deal with all the pressure this custody thing brings......

chat later

Marti
04-17-2005, 05:43 PM
Hello ladies--

Angie--I still can't get in. I put the password in and it wouldn't take it. :( Is it possible to get a link that takes you directly to the photos??

Terri--I can imagine trying to do a scrapbook w/a little one around!! My sister trys...then Briana climbs up next to us (she's 2 now) and wants to help. So we put some paper and pens and stickers down for her to play w/while we figure out our pages. I still would like to do a book on Jhanai's baby days.

Katy--I'm jealous that you can get a garden in!! I have wanted a garden for years, but I know that I'm just not the person who could keep up w/it!! I tried growing some herbs in my house....they never made it pass a couple of weeks!! I'm terrible at growing things!

Susan--Yep, got that shower in! :) Manage a few hugs AND a kiss! :lol: I hope Mike keeps his word on the custody issue. It's best for Gaby that's for sure and he can still visit her.

Hello Jane, Cristi, Ellen, Pam, Katie, Anita ,Kathy,Sue, Oh my gosh...I know there are more but my mind is slipping!!!

Waiting for James to get a call around 3:30...or not get a call...this railroad business is a pain. After that I'm heading off to Walmart to get some stuff that I'm needing.

You all have a great rest of the day!

RosieKate
04-17-2005, 06:29 PM
Hey - I'm back
Angie - Well - I got in to the website..once I clicked on the new link you gave.. the fairies were beautiful...nice to see what you've been talking about. Looking forward to seeing what Pippin ends up looking like.

Marti - Dairy compost is the key. Actually any compost makes gardening so much easier. Fewer weeds and conserves moisture. I bet you could get a great garden going. If nothing else bulbs are incredibly easy... I planted a bunch a few falls ago and I don't do a thing...they seem to thrive on neglect

Susan- hope Mike is serious - good luck today. Getting through Hillsdale without stopping is quite an accomplishment. Multnomah Village had the right idea by not putting in any lights at all.....

Jane - Hey I know you like to garden too... you planting anything yet? I did get some veggie starts today.. will plant them and sow some seeds this week. I found a pretty viburnum for the front to fill up the space where we used to have the big tree. And of course couldn't resist some of the perennials: columbine, candytuft, and some phlox... all plants that I put in and leave alone basically. My kind of gardening.

Hi to everyone else..hope you are all having a nice weekend

Mom2Gaby
04-17-2005, 09:42 PM
I guess he wasn't serious. Chain being pulled gain.

He paged me at 5:30 pm and said maybe he would keep her til 7 pm. I said "so you don't want to talk??" Ok he said he will........

Back and forth back and forth.

I called my mother nad told her about the 5 :30 call and him feeling pressure and wanting to settle and talk and all that good stuff. Now he is paging me and I am rushing in the pouring rain to listenm to him say maybe now he doesn't want to talk.

My mom said not to meet with him. You have a lawyer Susan....and why is he feeling pressure at 5:30 in the morning?? which made me laugh. So, I called Mike back and said jjust bring her at 7 pm if he wants to talk go through my lawyer. He hung up on me.

I changed my phone last Wednesday. He was saying this morning that "as responsible parents he should have it"

I said no.....he was abusive to me in that one call and he can page me, call my mom or Doug if it is an emergency.

Bored with him......

chat later

Marti
04-17-2005, 11:33 PM
Angie---I figured it out!!! :D I had to turn off my virus protection long enough to view it! LOVE the photos!! And the costumes look great!! You did a fabulous job Angie!!! I'm so glad that you shared those w/us! It really does make a difference seeing the fairies instead of trying to picture them.

Katiecat
04-18-2005, 01:06 AM
Hi ladies...

Busy weekend, I'm exhausted, didn't get everything done I need to, don't wanna go to work tomorrow, WAAAAAHHH!!! I always seem to get the Sunday evening blues, about 4 pm on Sunday I start dreading the week ahead. *sigh* I need a vacation. But I'm grateful to have a good job that pays my bills. I finally talked to the girl who helps the supervisor who schedules, and told her, look, I didn't apply for the senior rep position -- I don't want it, I don't like having to change my shift at the last minute all the time to fill in for whoever is out sick or in a training class -- I'm stressed enough trying to do my OWN job right now. I was very nice, and diplomatic, but I hope she understands, and they quit asking me.

I read through most of the threads to catch up...it's too late to post individuals tonight, but at least I have kind of an idea about what's going on for everyone...

Angie, loved the pics! I got in to the site, but had to type "iolanthe" with a lowercase "i" before it would let me in. The fairy costumes are gorgeous :)

Marti, that's awful that the flu virus ended up in the lab where you work. You mentioned that several of your co-workers have been sick -- do the symptoms match that particular strain of the flu? Take good care of yourself and try to stay healthy...

Susan, I agree with -- not sure if it was Cristi, or Jane maybe -- but you might want to start taping your conversations with Mike. He doesn't sound real...stable, you know?

Oh, man, I am sooooooo tired tonight. I wish you all sweet dreams... :)

tlprocks
04-18-2005, 08:36 AM
:flow1: Monday morning!:flow1:

Well I have to say that i dont mind Monday mornings as much as when i was in school or working. It is peaceful during the week because it is just me and the baby for most of the day.

Katie: It is hard enough doing your own job let alone everyone elses.. :stress: Hopefully they will leave you alone now!

Marti: Yes i have given up any kind of crafts for a couple of years.. Right now housework dishes, laundry and yardwork keep me busy! And they arent even done half of the time!! Who would have thought one more kid would be so much harder to deal with!:tired:

Susan: My kids love the Wiggles!! How fun! she is going to love it!:D

Katy: WEll the energy thing is very true.. I even found a difference from 18 to now.. I had way more energy then! But the white hair thing, i got my first at 18 when i was pregnant with Nolan, and it hasnt stopped. I keep plucking the white hair, but noticing i have too many now and am getting bald spots from trying to keep them all plucked LOL:lol: Maybe i should get some blond hightlights so they blend in! I also get excited about really silly stuff. My hubby put the other tv in my bedroom and i was talking to my mom friday night and told her how excited i was to watch tv in my room. I was like, boy i need a life!:lol:

Angie: The fairies are adorable!! All i had to do to get in was what Katie said, type in all lowercase letters, them boom i was in! That is soooo weird that we were exaclty the same age for both of the kids... That is neat.. one thing about having the kids that far apart is that Nolan is a big help and they dont fight vrey much because he is older and he spoils her.. gives her what she wants!! and if i scold her he says mom she is just a baby!!:lol: LOL that kid is too funny!

Hello Jane and everyone else i missed!! Hope you had a great week-end!!!:wave:

Jane
04-18-2005, 10:43 AM
Good morning, ladies,

Angie - aww, DS kids are the sweetest kids ever! I've known several, and their personalities are so likeable! I commend your cousins for taking the challenge God has given them. I heard Lisa Marie Presley do "Dirty Laundry" on Oprah or the View, and she does a good job with it. The lyrics sure fit her to a "T". I remember the song from back in the early 80's and still like it.

Marti - I used to watch the scrapbooking shows anytime I could. They come up with some of the best ideas! Love all the new supplies available. I sure didn't get much done over the winter like I thought I would, lol.

Mindee - mouth owies bleed like crazy but then they heal very fast. For boo boos on other body parts, the DGDs picked out Strawberry Shortcake bandaids, lol. Btw, nothing like having a big party to get the house cleaned, right?

Terri - I was barely 18 when my DS was born, and was the youngest mom at all of his events. With Katie, being 33 when she was born put my in the oldest catagory, but there are some even older ones out there. Each age group has it's pros and cons, lol. Neal, being 10 years older than me, really is one of the very oldest dads! Btw, so glad to hear you have a great relationship with the ex and his girlfriend. Much nicer for your son that way.

Katy - did you get the compost spread? I love working in the yard, too, and so does Neal. All kinds of things are blooming in our yard. Azaleas, the red bud trees, dogwoods, tulips, crab apple trees, and my favorites, the lilacs. We have lots of them, so I have vases in several rooms in the house. Soon I'll have the astilbes and irises and other stuff in full bloom. The first lettuce is just about ready as are the green onions.

Susan - so is Mike going to give you sole custody? Will this affect your taking her to Hawaii?

Katiecat - good to see you!! Hope you get a break at work soon! Sounds too stressful!

Cristi - hope you've had a great weekend!

Well, today the twins and I are going to plant zinnias. I don't buy many annuals, but like to have them for cut flowers all summer. This is their first year for this, and should be lots of fun. Tomorrow will be Mackenzie's turn, since I will have her then instead of Wednesday this time. I have little tiny gardening gloves for them, and little tiny wheelbarrels, lol. If I can get some good shots, I will.

Gotta run! Have a good day.

FrouFrou
04-18-2005, 12:52 PM
Hi ladies :wave:

Wow, what a weekend. Not sure what I got or how I got it, some type of stomach flu I guess, but spent the whole weekend in bed. The best thing about it-I lost 2 pounds! :lol: Not the best way to lose weight for sure and I don't want to feel that way again. Still feel kind of weak but much better. To top it off of course had to start TOM. Needless to say we didn't make it to the show Friday. I tried...got to the end of the street and made a U-turn-came home and went to bed. So am going tomorrow.

Angie~don't have any allergies, other than the normal stuff floating around in the air this time of year. We were off to see Amityville Horror Friday. I have seen all the movies. I think the reason is I am more fascinated by the ones that are based on true stories. I love seeing stuff about haunted houses and such. Although, this one is kind of horrible with all the death-but love scary movies. I saw your pictures, no problem at all. And they look GREAT! You did an awesome job with the wings-so talented!

Speaking of young moms...I had three kids by the age of 24. People have made the comment to DD that I must have had her really young when she tells them how old I am. Her friends though have older parents. First was born right I turned 21. Of course my last was right before I turned 41! I think times are different now days and it's not so unusual to see older moms. Anyway, just my two cents thrown in there.

Oh Katy, I can only imagine the excitement. Since getting this house and doing the yard and all I too get excited over stuff like that. I was so excited last week because we looked everywhere for a Rose of Sharon and finally found one. I wanted one with the purple flowers but settled for a Diana one because they are hard to get here. As soon as the stores/nurseries get them you have to be there to get one because they sell fast. It's the simple things in life that make me happy.

Susan~I would listen to your mother. Definitely would let the lawyer handle it because for one thing what Mike says one minute changes the next. He may just be trying to set you up to make hisself look good to the judge.

Sorry I didn't get to everyone, just too much to catching up. Took forever to read everything. But HI to everyone else :wave:

Hope everyone has a wonderful day! Mine will be spent cleaning house all day since I was bedridden for the weekend. It's not bad, just need to dust, pick up a little, vacuum and get the laundry done. Oh boy! Anyway, have a good one ladies.

Neets
04-18-2005, 01:12 PM
HAPPY MONDAY EVERYONE!!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. We had a great day on Saturday.. Lovely weather for a BBQ. Joycelyn seemed oblivious to everything and spent most of her time crawling around on the ground inspecting peoples shoes.

Until the time came for her birthday cake that is. We sat her in her high chair for her dinner first, and she was again seemingly oblivious to the amount of people in the house. When we lit the candle and all started singing Happy Birthday, her whole face lit up like a candle. It was like a light suddenly went off in her head and she realized that everyone was there for her. I still get tears in my eyes thinking about it. She is the most precious gift. Anyway, we gave her a peice of cake and she dug right in. I tell you there is nothing like a baby covered in cake. It made me realize that as adults we never truly appreciate a good peice of cake, the way a baby does. Where we're thinking of calories all the baby thinks of is YUMMY, why has mommy been holding out on me? Anyway it was pure magic.

Mindee, remember to take lots of pictures of Brandon. Don't worry about the mess, just let him muck in his cake to his hearts content. Remember you're only 1 once.

Anyway, I must run. I am totally swamped here at work. I will hopefully have some pictures to post soon.

Anita

tommysgirl18
04-18-2005, 03:00 PM
Well, I called and scheduled my first appointment! The only thing, is that the soonest available appointment they had was for May 20th at 12:30pm. I will be 18 weeks exactly that day, so we shall see! I also have to go somewhere and get a positive pregnancy test result (i.e. go to a clinic) in order to even start a pregnancy there. My how things change in a years time! I didnít have to do that with Brandon, although I already had an appointment there for a follow-up, but still.

Marti~ He is doing better now. He is still all smiles like he was. He even gave me a huge smile with blood all around it.

Terrie-Lee~ I canít help by laugh when Tommy tries to discipline Brandon. For some reason it just cracks me up. Last night he wouldnít leave the fire place alone. So I picked him up and put him in his highchair for a time out. Tommy went and talked to him and I couldnít help but laugh.

Susan~ Thanks for the birthday wishes!

Angie~ Wow! You did an awesome job with the wings!

Katiecat~ It is good to hear from you!

Jane~ How are you doing? I was going to pick up some Elmo band aids the last time we were out, but Tommy told me that he wouldnít need them this soon. His mouth was pretty much healed up by Sunday. We have it planned where we are not going anywhere this whole week and we will do a little bit at a time.

Cristi~ I had Brandon when I was 21, and I will be 23 when I have this one. Tommy was 27 when Brandon was born, and he will be 28 when this one is born. Tommy has always said that he wanted to have two kids by the time he is 30, so we will have that done and over with.

Anita~ That is what I am planning on doing! I am going to finish up the disposable camera I have and use our digital camera. I am planning on letting him make as big of a mess as he wants. My sister Bethís oldest daughter Koryn, had to go in and take a bath when she was done with her cake. I have a feeling that is going to be Brandon!

Mom2Gaby
04-18-2005, 03:44 PM
hmmm, Jane. I don't know if he is giving me sole custody at the moment........ask me in a few minutes though, he is bound to change his mind - haha

sheeesh I am pmsing.

Need to go call my laywer - vent at him for a while.

Hawaii??? Seems really far off and I told Rocky we weren't going to last until July. I am just about fed up with him too. He is very sweet but get real, grow up and get away from that nana......leaving my children behind and he can't miss some baseball games......making me see red!!! lol......omg- even the coach took off for California for a wedding.

best get.........down on men today! lol

Marti
04-18-2005, 07:08 PM
Hello girls--

I have an hour before I go to work and I need to get myself ready. But I thought I would stroll on in here and say hello first! :)

Katy--I do have some bulbs in front of the house. We have some tiger lilies growing there. They were here before we moved in. I managed to clean it up a little after we moved in,....it was SO crowded. And now they come up in little groups. It looks good. I still haven't gotten out there to weed around them though.

Katie--There were several co-workers who were sick, but I don't think it had anything to do w/the Asian Virus. I don't know what the symptoms are, but I read that it had killed over 4 million people when they had the outbreak!! Scary!

Terri--I had just turned 18 when I had my son (was a senior in high school) and I was 23 when I had Jhanai. Must be the ages to have kids!

Jane--I haven't done much scrapbooking either. And I really want to, just been trying to get the house a good spring cleaning and it seems that it's a never ending job!! We had plans for this weekend to take a bunch of our stuff that is just sitting around and putting it in the shed.

Cristi--So sorry that you've been sick all weekend. I hope you're feeling much better and can get things caught up.

Anita--I believe you're right!! So the next time I have a piece of cake...I will truly appreciate every bite!! :D As long as I don't get myself completely messy that is!! :lol: So glad Joycelyn had a wonderful first birthday!! Share photos when you get a chance.

Mindee--Birthday is just few more days!! Hope it's a fun time for Brandon!

Susan--Hope everything turns out ok w/you and Rocky.

Ok...I better get ready. You all have a great day!

Mom2Gaby
04-18-2005, 07:39 PM
*sigh* thanks Marti. Our problem is we never resolve anything. We talk about it and shove it in the background behind this custody thing.

Thinking the custody thing is the reason we aren't together. He knows how I feel about leaving the girls but offers nothing to compromise, which hurts my feelings *whaaaa *whaaaa.......

Rach went to the ER today - something is wrong with her spine. Doug said his youngest son had the same problem when he was her age. I guess she is in a lot of pain, hate being at work, would rather be with her.

Gaby was cranky this morning. She is soooooooooo cute though. She wants to play all the time....I wish I could be like that, I wish we could play all day!

Chatted with attorney. He agree's with me on Mothers Day and Mike not seeing Gaby til the 6th now and how he has to bring her back Mothers Day morning - and no ..........he doesn't get a make up like he thought he should get.

yikes...........best get

RosieKate
04-18-2005, 08:11 PM
Hi all
Susan- I think you are handling Mike just right - he needs to go thru your lawyer...sorry about Rocky but maybe with time it will all work out... I can certainly understand your frustration, for sure. Sure hope Rachel's back is okay, poor thing

Marti - I love tiger lilies, and I don't have any...maybe I'll have to get some....it just never ends..there's always something I could buy fo rthe yard, but I have a limited budget

Cristi - hope you are feeling better... I hate being bedridden, bet you do too.

Anita - I loved your description of Joycelyn's party...brought back fond memories of my kids' first birthdays.

Jane - we got about half of it spread.... I still need to mulch the front yard beds, then see what is left over. I mulched the veggie beds and bought some starts, so I need to get busy planting things out back sometime this week.

Today I did putter a bit in the front yard, but didn't do that much. My son's school had a dance performance so I took Leigh to watch him. She was ok for about a half hour, then got very wiggly and cranky. Not so much fun. I did get a nice 2-3 mile walk in and she was able to doze in the stroller for a bit. Improved everyone's moods considerably.

Maintained last week, but I am back to chugging water and counting my calories...so keeping my fingers crossed for this week.

Has anyone tried the Core Effects workout videos? I borrowed them from my neighbor who really liked them. It comes with the big ball and it's an infomercial thingy...will let you all know what I think. She says the abs one is REALLY good...just what I need

da fat n da furious
04-18-2005, 10:04 PM
Good evening ladies,

Katy I need to do that, get in some walks,,just so lazy. and did you get all your compost stuff spread out? Brandon was always my wiggly worm at things,,,Tanner would just sit back and watch...or snuggle in my arms,,such opposites those two.

Susan,,,hope Rach is ok...let us know ...

Marti, eating the cake means,,,rubbing in all over,,,and getting progbably 20% in your mouth the rest everywhere else!

Anita, I do remember those birthdays,,,and miss that...I also miss when they are first out fo the tub,,,smelling sweet,,,in fuzzy pjs.

JAne, so did you get all your planting done? I went to the library today and couldn't find Ain't she sweet...so I would appreciate you lending me your copy.

So Cristi are you feeling better?

Katie, when I worked for Safeway I found myself the jack of all trades and was sent to each dept. that was short staffed that day. Very fustrating when you have alot of other things with your own job that needs doing.

Well not much happening here,,,found a dept store that may have a few body limbs for me. IVe got about a 1/3 of the props done already,,,trucking along. Just need, stilts, home made flute, and a few other things,,,AND a naughty saying to embroider onto a pillow....lol Any suggestions Ladies?
well Im off to play jewell quest...so addictive
toodles

Jane
04-19-2005, 08:27 AM
Just a quick pop-in...

The twins and I had lots of fun in the yard yesterday! Right outside of their little garden area is grass with a bazillion dandelions that they think are so pretty, lol. Mary and I each have a bowlful that they picked for us! The kindergartener will be planting her zinnias today, lol. I've got to get going - gonna stop by Maggie's and Walmart before I pick up Mackenzie and have too much to do before I even leave!

Have a good day!!

PS Angie - I'll send you the book but don't need it back. I hope you like it as much as I did! I got a little hair dye on the edge of the pages, but it's dry now (duh!). A beautuful L'Oreal Medium Ash Brown, dahling, lol.

Jane
04-19-2005, 09:12 AM
Here they are.... Madison in the foreground, and Makenzie (JJ) in the back.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/JanaCee/MMplantflowers.jpg

tlprocks
04-19-2005, 09:21 AM
Good Morning!

Wow i am tired this morning! Having a hard time waking up! Well i got a little cleaning done yesterday.. today i will try to tackle the mountain of laundry!

Angie: Wow i have no idea where you could find limbs.. i would give you mine but they are still attached.. and maybe a little too big!:lol: I think you have your work cut out for you!

Katy: We finally got a new water cooler so i can get back to chugging my water. I dont drink nearly as much as i should. Probably dehydrated most of the time! My abs are what bother me the most... i wouldnt mind if the rest of my body stayed how it is if i could have a flat stomach... you got to love those people who are like when are you due? I am like due for what am i supposed to be somewhere sheesh.. that is why i never ask someone... i wait for them to tell me.. I heard a comedian say that onetime... never ask a woman if she is pregnant until you see the baby crowning lol.

Anita: I am so glad you had a perfect day with your baby! So special! before we had kids who knew that we would find pleasure in the smallest things! Today i was so excited when emma sat on her potty! She is only 20 months, so i am not training her.. i am just getting her used to the potty. At first she wouldnt go near it and now she will sit on it beside me when i go to the washroom... so cute!

Marti: How strange that we all had babies at the same time. Just goes to show we have a lot in common! I was lucky, i had finished my highschool before i got pregnant. I was in my first year of college.. my mother wasnt happy about that! But what can you do. She dealt with it. It was more disapointment for her then angry.

Susan: I am not fond of the male species right now either... don't know if i will ever be. And like i said i am not into women so it looks to be a lonely life LOL thank goodness for the kids!

Mindee: It is a hard thing to discipline.. but i have been watching supernanny and learning some tricks.. She would die if she saw some of the things my kids get away with.

Cristi: I love scary movies.. most of the time i can't watch but at teh same time i can't not watch. For all you scary movie buffs i suggest the movie Saw. That was a good one! I can't wait to see the Amityville Horror since it is based on a true story! With the nightmares i have every night i dont know why i put myself through that!

Jane: WEll i am not having any more kids so i wont know the older mom thing. but i think that is just as well. I barely have energy now. Well i try to have a good relationship but his father is such an ^%$&#*!@ sometimes! His girlfriend is a little older and mature so i get along with her fine. She even brought me a toddler bed for the baby on friday!

well hello to everyone else hope to see you back soon! Not too much planned for today, like i said there is always laundry. Rained last night and cloudy so probably wont get out today. TTFN xxoo

tlprocks
04-19-2005, 09:24 AM
Aww Jane i missed you again.. They are adorable!!!!!!

FrouFrou
04-19-2005, 12:19 PM
Good morning all~

Angie~yes, I am feeling better, well as far as the stomach what-ever it was I had over the weekend goes. Now just dealing with the pains of TOM! Man, I swear, miss a month, have an easy one after that and the next one makes up for it. How naughty a saying do you want?

Marti~I love the tiger lilies, so pretty. Of course I like them all and there are so many kinds! I haven't done any scrapbooking in ages, really need to get back to doing that some day soon.

Katy~I do hate being bedridden and being sick. I hate not being able to do anything but sleep. Although that sleep did make me feel better.

Anita~the BD party sounded fun! I love seeing things through a childs eyes.

Jane~the picture of the twins is adorable-thye are getting so big, love their flowers. The kids when they were small used to pick dandelions for me too-they too thought they were so pretty.

Terri~I did see Saw and I liked it, except for the ending. How mad would you be? I don't want to say much more in case someone hasn't seen it. I LOVE scary movies!

Susan~sorry you are pms'ing. :grouphug: And hope Rachel is fine, (((((HUGS))))) to her. Just the mention of the word spine scares me. I think you guys will get things worked out, you and Rocky that is. Of course I think he should be doing a little compromising hisself.

Mindee~man, that is quite a wait to see the doc. Are you guys getting excited about Brandon's BD? For some reason I was thinking it was the 14th. :shrug:

Hi to everyone else :wave:

Managed to get caught up on laundry yesterday. Also, changed the bedding and cleaned a little. Didn't get as much cleaning done as I would have liked to. Oh well, it will be there tomorrow for me. The house isn't dirty but does need to vacuumed. Had to be up early this morning to get DD to the doc, her ears have been bothering her. Looks like she has a little bit of fluid in the one but other than that she is fine. Think we will stick with this doc, she seems to be fine and she is very nice and friendly. The other one we had was kind of intimidating. Anyway, getting ready to head to the show since she is home. Then will get back about the time V will be getting home and going to go to the foot doc with him. Of course we will probably eat out since it will be late by the time we get out of there and got home, forgot to take the roast out yesterday-was going to crock pot it. Anyway, gotta get going.

Hope everyone has a nice day! :wave:

Mom2Gaby
04-19-2005, 02:11 PM
Very happy you are back posting Cristi!! :)

Cute pic Jane of the girls!

Lets go out for a margarita and dish men Terri - lol

Rach is fine, pulled muscle.She had a hicky on her neck and the doctor questioned her on that - thinking she was in a fight with her father or something.

So, when her boyfriend called asking about her last night Doug said she was fine- just that someone sucked all the blood out of her. haha......

He is so lax.....I would be keeping a tighter rein on her, she is only 13 1/2,,,,,,,

k- best get - on a maple bar run for Rachel - lol

PamPSM644
04-19-2005, 08:05 PM
Hello, hello. Bet you all thought I kicked the bucket. Ha, nope, I'm still here. Been busy. CRISTI, thanks for the card and the thoughts. It's nice to know I'm thought about. I'm doing all kinds of stuff now that I've lost weight I have a new zeal for life. I'm in the process of having my teeth replaced with dentures and **** as it is it'll be worth it to have straight white teeth for the first time in my life. After I get the teeth I'll be doing volunteer work several days a week at our local VA Hospital . I'm also doing an elabrate cross stitch design on 12 squares for a future quilt. Then there the ever popular sifting though sister's stuff and filling up unused trash cans each week. As it is spring there is an enormous amount yard work to do. Trimming, hacking , weeding,spraying. I keep up with my email but thats been about it. I've written to Ellen ,( WHERE ARE YOU?), several times but never heard back.
I'm still walking every day and have not returned to former bad eating habits though can't say I'm dieting ether. I've got to go. Time for dog to get her pills. I'll pop in from time to time. Check on everyone.

PAM

da fat n da furious
04-19-2005, 08:32 PM
Geesh Pam,,,if you have some spare time...come join me in hunting for body limbs...lol

Cristi glad to know your feeling better, sorry about TOM. Not that I miss amonth or anything but I have usually a good month a regular month and then knock me on my butt month.

Susan,,,all I can say is YIKES! about Rach...best get a good talk in with dad and Rach and Becks too...

Cute pics Jane,,,again wish I had one of them lil girls....lol its just not the same having a girl dog.

Well I have to laugh in the last play I had to only use pastels...no brights. This play I have all birghts and darks,,,no pastels. So the thing with this play is, all the cast is wearing beige with one accent color of red or black. So to make it interesting we are painting all the props that we can multi colored, retro. my nails are multi colored from spray painting everything.
well better get going...
toodles

suetalks
04-19-2005, 11:39 PM
Hi..Glad to see all of the posting, but it is hard to keep up. I know everyone is busy in the yard and doing all the Spring things. I weeded yesterday and started washing down woodwork and doors today. I cleaned all of the ceiling fans and light fixtures and whew! What a job. With any luck this will be the last time I Spring clean this big house. I am ready to move to a smaller one, if we could just find what we want. More Spring cleaning tomorrow and then hanging out with Mom on Friday. I am getting my walk in every day.
Now I am exhausted and off to bed.

Jane
04-20-2005, 07:48 AM
Wait... hop on over to #125! See you there.....