South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 07:19 PM   #1  

Unhappy I accidentally cheated

It was an accident, here's what happened: I was working out to town today and was not able to take my lunch with me. So, I went to Burger King. I ordered a burger (no bun) and a side salad (no dressing). I realize the burger wasn't the best choice, but it was cheap and I'm on a budget. ANYWAY, I forgot about the ketchup!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cheat #1

Cheat #2
I was looking for a snack (the 75 cal a day). I found tic tacs, which say sugar 0g. THEY LIE!!!! I didn't realize until I'd eaten the entire pack (35 calories) that the first ingrediant is SUGAR. I feel cheated

Think I've done a lot of damage? Grrrr, two steps forward, several steps back.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:17 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Butterfly, what day are you on?
Old 04-14-2005, 07:03 AM   #3  
Mous

Remember that you are on a path to health.

I always use this rule. If sugar is 4th on the list and everything else is ok, then I use it.

You are learning and asking. Pat yourself on the back.

Lady
Old 04-14-2005, 07:26 AM   #4  

Today is day 4 for me, so when I cheated it was day 3. I weighed this morning, and I didn't gain, so hopefully I'm okay.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:29 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

You're early enough into the program that I would just continue, Butterfly. Stick to it, girl... you can do this!!
Old 04-14-2005, 07:49 AM   #6  
Tara

S/C/G: 178/172/140

Height: 5'5

You're not alone butterfly! I cheated too! Just don't give up....keep on going...you can do it!!
Old 04-14-2005, 07:57 AM   #7  

Thank you all! I feel better now. I'm just going to stick to the program and keep going!!!!
Tar, no worries, we'll just keep going!!!!
Jenn
Old 04-14-2005, 08:00 AM   #8  
Tara

S/C/G: 178/172/140

Height: 5'5

Way to think Jenn! Just stay positive no matter what! You might have to remind me of this later!!! LOL! Tara
Old 04-14-2005, 08:14 AM   #9  
No Day But Today

S/C/G: 275/267/175

Height: 5'5"

I wouldn't worry too much either - the fact that you had protien and veggies with the ketchup probably nulled the extra sugar. As far as Tic Tacs go - find some sugar free mints. I get Ice Breakers or Velamints. (And only have a few!) If anything your blood sugar spiked somewhat after the Tic Tacs but didn't cause any "damage." If you want - add 3 more days to your Phase 1.

I did something yesterday too. I got a cafe latte, Non-fat mile and sugar free syrup. I got my son a Hot Chocolate, with whipped cream. He was afraid to drink it because he thought it was still hot. I tested it with my finger, then licked my finger! (Not tons of sugar I'm sure, but still a mindless act!)

Hang in there - you are doing great!!!
Old 04-14-2005, 09:11 AM   #10  
Michael Ann 1973

On my 3rd day, I ate at TGI Friday's and ordered the "Atkins" Cheesecake which had like 8 net carbs. Then the next week when I went back there to eat I ordered it again and was told they hadn't had that special cheesecake in like 4 weeks. The cheesecake I had eaten was the real darn thing. Full of fat, sugar and the like. I was furious!!!!!!!!! I called the corporate office and freaked out and I ended up with a bunch of gift certificates.

I still lost 10 pounds my first week so I guess it wasn't that bad!!! So the tictacs are not nearly as bad!!!
Old 04-15-2005, 10:57 AM   #11  
Conquering with SBD

Sunnybunny - What people won't do to make a sale. I would have been really upset, also.
Closed Thread