Support Groups - Curvy Vixens #3

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : Curvy Vixens #3

PURPLEPANSY
04-13-2005, 03:04 PM
Hey vixens! Here is the start of Curvy Vixens #3. Welcome to all the newbies! Don't forget to tell us a little bit about yourselves. The women in this group are all amazing. They will give you a good laugh and hopefully inspire you! Afterall, humor seems to make the weight loss journey a little more bareable

Karen(krngallo) started this group with a quote that I absolutely LOVE:

"This is a brand new group I decided to name CURVY VIXENS. Why? Because we aim to have our curves in the right places--and according the dictionary a Vixen is a female fox! Remember the 80's? A fox is a good thing!" :lol:

PURPLEPANSY
04-13-2005, 03:07 PM
hello vixens!
karen we missed you!
To the kim's great job on the walking..
I went on zoloft in 94 when I started having panic attacks and chronic dizziness that doctors couldn't find the cause. My dose was 50mg. I stopped taking it in 99 and went through six months of **** getting off of it.
In 2003 my anxiety came back and I started counceling which lead my therapist to believe I also had a low grade depression that he believes was causing the panic attacks, not the other way around. I started wellbutrin which was a nightmare, then went back to zoloft. My dose was upped to 75mg and I did well, but I gained alot of weight.
Now i'm weaning and I'm down to 25mg. I've been here for almost a month, next week i'm going to 12.5mg for a month then every other day then every third day and then stop.
I feel a little sick today, burning acidy stomach and I feel nauseus. I think all the cr*p I ate yesterday is doing a job on my stomach. I weighed myself this am and I'm 196, urghhh, I know alot of it is water, but c'on....!! I'm back to eating healthy today....

goddesskde
04-13-2005, 06:03 PM
Ok, I'm exhausted. I managed to clean up my 4 yr olds bedroom and clean out her closet and drawers then went to paint for my neighbor (i do faux finishing work) So far I've got most of the base coat on (it has a weird ceiling line) so I'll have to drag scaffolding over with me tomorrow. Then starts the fun stuff. I'm doing overlapping boxes of different shades of blues, green and yellow. She wanted something "mod" and this is what she picked. It's gonna be fun to tape lol.

chubbyvixen
04-13-2005, 08:11 PM
Hey girls! Yay, a new thread!

Lynn- Wow, your battle with zoloft sounds like mine. What happened with Wellbutrin? My old doctor put me on that. They didnt even ask if I had a history of seizures. So, I read about a month after I started taking it that if you have had seizures, you shouldnt take it. So, I dropped that med and the doctor. So far, motival seems to be working ok. Of course, its only been a few days. I did a search for the brand names that they may have in the states. I think its an older drug but here are some names: Aventyl and Pamelor. Not sure if anyones heard of them.

GoddessKim- Those pictures were great! I love your hair in the first one. The faux painting sounds like so much fun. I love painting stuff. I did some faux painting on a table that I had. I did flat black all over it. Then, did glossed black diamond shapes all over it. It was cute. Is this a regular thing that you do? Its good to have something to keep you busy.

I have been in and out of sleep all day. Nic and I fell asleep at about 2pm for a nap. Then, woke up at 6pm. He didnt go into work and hes been alseep ever since. So have I. Ok, i might post later.

Love y'all,
Deanne

o2bskinny
04-13-2005, 08:37 PM
Yea Lynn for starting us a new thread :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Sorry you are feeling so yucky. Acid tummy and nausea is not a good feeling. Hope you get over that really soon! Well, I have been studying with my son for a few hours. He got his progress report and it wasn't pretty!
Gotta get dinner going.

goddesskde
04-13-2005, 10:07 PM
Yes Deanne I do the faux work semi regular. It's seasonal work really. Not many people want to have their houses ripped apart with the weather sucks or over holidays. I've done some work for a couple of local attorneys. It sounds bigger than it was lol, my next door neighbor is the prosecuting attorney so when i did her house I got a boom of business from her friends. I have done furniture but mostly for my daughters or myself. That's just to much to drag heavy furniture around with me lol. I've got plenty of pictures if you're interested in seeing some of it.
My day went well. Stuck to plan and walked first thing this morning. Now if i could just get the kids to listen lol

Kery
04-14-2005, 08:47 AM
And the new thread is here! Good afternoon Vixens, time for me to leave a word in it again ;)

I didn't take part in forums etc a lot this week; since the past week-end I've been busy with lots of drawing/illustration and this usually translates for me by "doing that fully with little room left for the rest of the world". It's not been great regarding food (two reasons: illustration works + LAN party on Saturday :lol: ), as I've fallen even more into an attitude of "cooking is a waste of time, need to eat stuff that I can gulp down quickly while being on the comp", so err... thanks god and everyone else in heavens and on earth for fruits, they help a lot in this and are still better than gobbling down junk food! The only weight loss-related thing that went really well was/is exercise, so everything isn't lost. It's hard to get back on track, though! Sheesh.

How is everyone else doing now? I've followed the former thread, that is, but today is a new day, and a new thread, and I guess it can do with the "latest news" from everyone as well, hehe :)

Ah, and little sidenote... I've found this website (see link below) while searching about abd exercises, and I thought it looked like great workouts and could be useful to more people than just me, so in case any of you were to be interested....:

http://www.timbomb.net/ab/ab.faq.html

Have a nice day! :)

jessicamt
04-14-2005, 11:41 AM
Hey Vixens, I need help. I cant stop eating. Yesterday i did pretty good. Even for the luncheon we had i stuck to good portions. But as soon as i got home (after working out only 40 minutes) my boyfreind came home and i ate a hamburger and fries. Afterward of course i felt guilty but i just cant seem to resist sometimes. I really need to get the hang of it or i am not going to loose the weight i want to. I am just really mad at myself :mad: its like i cant depend on myself to do the right thing. I really need to take control of it. Please ladies if you have any suggestions i could really use it. Well hope to talk to you soon.

Jessica :(

goddesskde
04-14-2005, 03:23 PM
Instead of eating try going for a walk or maybe just leaving the room while the boyfriend eats. My hubby snacks all the time, i've just learned to live with watching him shovel food into his mouth. Heck he can afford to he's "stick man" lol I can't so now i've decided its really not worth it to eat something bad for me and feel terrible about myself afterward.

o2bskinny
04-14-2005, 10:04 PM
Jessica, have you tried brushing your teeth after you eat? Or having some strong Sugar Free gum or mints? Those three things mess up your taste buds so that nothing is very good tasting. I am dealing with late night munchies. Not really hungry, not full, just want to munch on something. It is hard to deal with, I know. Hang in there. :goodluck:

chubbyvixen
04-15-2005, 12:55 AM
Hey girls!!

GoddessKim- Yes, send me some pictures!! I wish I could paint our furniture but its provided by my husbands company. Of course, our old housemate spray painted some 4 letter words on his furniture before he left. Hmmm...

Kery- I have that attitude too. Apples are so great when I need to munch on something. I put a few in our room everyday to keep me from lurking around the junk food cabinet.

Jessica- My husband is a junk food addict. I am a former junk food addict. Those just dont go well together. I need to learn some restraint when hes eating those foods.

Kim- Im going to have to try the brushing teeth thing. I can use all of the tips that I can get.

Ok chicks, its 8am here, been up since 4am. I went to bed yesterday at 2pm. Thats 14 hours of sleep!! This medicine better get good in the next week or Im getting off of it. I cant even drive!
Breakfast was good, I had one regular oatmeal packet and one strawberries and cream packet. Thats 5 points total. Not bad. Made some green tea with splenda and stuck it in the fridge. So, I can use that as an appetite suppressant later.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day. Hows the weather where y'all are? Its amazing here as usual. No rain EVER. Our sunflowers are blooming like crazy. Anyway, will post later.

Love,
Deanne

o2bskinny
04-15-2005, 01:03 AM
Well, today has been stressful.....I talked to my mother and she said my dad is not doing well. Apparently the chemo is hitting him harder than we expected. I haven't seen him abou 2 weeks. She said I will be shocked when I see him because he looks so bad. He is only out of bed about 3 hours a day now. He is sick and the doctors are running tests to make sure there is no infection in the colon. That is where the cancer was. My mom sounded worried, and she doesn't get upset very much.

I am making a Blues Clues cake for a lady and it was all I could do NOT to lick the bowl. I ALWAYS LICK THE BOWL!!! Tomorrow I will decorate it......another trial. The icing!!!!!!! UGH! Anyway, I have done good and I am NOT going to blow it!

Well, I am going to hit the sack soon. 5:40 comes early. I HATE MORNINGS!!

chubbyvixen
04-15-2005, 03:11 AM
Hey Kim...my thoughts and prayers are with you. Im sure that your dad will be just fine. I know this is a very tough time for you. You know if you need anything, we're all here for you :)

Ok girls, Im not finished with the website but here is the link. The pictures are underneath the link Pictures...pictures2 is not finished yet. http://munozchick.tripod.com/

Love,
Deanne

goddesskde
04-15-2005, 09:08 AM
Very neat website. I've sent over some pictures of what i do, i only dropped in a few, but it will give you the idea of my stuff. I'm about to go out for my walk with Kim. My day is gonna be packed. I have to go grocery shopping after i get home, then I have to work the rest of the day. I'm guessing I'll be there from around 2 til 7 or later just tapeing the design on the wall. I need to get this done though. I'm one of those people that freak out if I have to take a day off of a project lol.

jessicamt
04-15-2005, 10:13 AM
Happy Friday!
Hey Deanne, you website is pretty cool. I really like your dark brown hair. My hair is dark brown as well but i have highlights, because my hair is curly. But i kind of wish i didnt have highlights, they are just a pain to have to keep getting it done.
Kim-Im so sorry about your dad, but just pray the best for him, and help him get through it, be strong for him and you family. It seems as though you are already really strong, so proud of you.
o2bskinny-thanks for the support i really need it. Hang in there on the icing. I know if I were making it i dont think i could resist. Blue's Clues cake it sounds so cute.

Well hope everybody has a wonderful day. Lets keep being "losers"

Jessica :cool:

CurvyChick
04-15-2005, 12:39 PM
Hi Ladies It's Me Jessica I Haven't Been On Line In Alooooong Time I Hope Everybody Is Good And Hello So All The New Members I Fell Off My Diet But I Got Right Back Up And Started Working Out Again I'll Talk To You Guys Soon Take Care .

chubbyvixen
04-15-2005, 01:46 PM
I just wanted to say a quick hello to everyone while Im awake. I fell alseep for about 5 hours today. I want to go back to bed now but Im trying to keep myself awake. Im not taking that antidepressant tonight. I refuse.

Y'all are just gonna laugh at me. Nic and I went into a petshop the other day. Its a nice store but they're terrible to the animals. They had a kitten in a birdcage!! With a turtle in there too. No food. No water. The kitten is probably about 2 weeks old. Its way too young to be without its mom. It also has conjunctivitus on its eyes. Poor thing couldnt even see anything. The guy wanted 50riyal(about $13) for it, I said no way. I told him I'd give him 20 riyal and that was just for the blanket that I was going to take him home in. So, I took him. I cleaned his eyese and have been giving him formula from a bottle every 3 hrs. Yea, go ahead, laugh at me. I couldnt resist. Nic wont admit it but he adores him. He thought I was asleep and I caught him in the bathroom playing with him:) Anyway, Ill have pics of him tomorrow for anyone who wants to see him. Hes the size of a cigarette pack.
Ok, now that Ive rambled on. I hope y'all are having a great day. Mine was good, stayed on the diet. Just have to stay on for the rest of my life :)

Have a great day!!

Love,
Deanne

PURPLEPANSY
04-15-2005, 02:16 PM
((( hugs Kim))))
I'm so sorry about your dad...I hope all works out and keep us posted.

deanne~~ great site...

I have been so busy yesterday and today.Yesterday, Jim wanted to look at a car and I'm shocked about this. It is a two seater sports car. Granted I have one child in college and another to leave in 2 years.. but c'on.. I asked if he was having a mid life crisis, he said yes!! He is 43. Give me a break. My friends say that It could be a mistress so be happy about the car. I'm wondering if or when i'm going to have a mid life crisis, and if that will cost him a hefty car payment ( can you tell i'm alil annoyed?) anyhoo
I stayed within pts yesterday but today, forget it. I feel very dizzy today and I think weaning of the zoloft is the factor. I'm on 12.5mg. I think I might go to 25mg and stay there. I can't be dizzy right now I have too much going on and certainly everything is around food.
I have dinner plans tonight, we meet mike for the first time ( jamies new bf), tomorrow night I have dinner plans and sunday I'm invited to a tea hosted by our town. Tea with the best pastries around. Carrot cake, strawberry shortcake, torte's... yea ok.. I'm gonna stay within pts...HA HA
I'll post latah..

PURPLEPANSY
04-16-2005, 04:30 PM
aloha vixens.. and howdy jessica.. welcome back
I"m going out to dinner soon.. wanted to stop by and say hi...

chubbyvixen
04-16-2005, 06:07 PM
WOW...where is everyone??

Love,
Deanne

o2bskinny
04-16-2005, 06:14 PM
Thanks Jessica, Lynn and Deanne for your words of encouragement and the hugs from Lynn! That is so sweet! You are all a great group of ladies. Your support is very much appreciated more than you know. I went to see him today and he actually was feeling better. Mom said he looked better today than he has been looking. He said he felt better today than he had been. YEA! He still has a positive attitude. So please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

Deanne, I went to your website and left a little message for you. I hope you will realize it is me! I love your hair!! You look great!! Sounds like you have become a mom after all! Bottle feeding and everything! You crack me up!

Well, Kim and I got side tracked this morning, and we are going to walk this afternoon. It is so warm here! Yea!!!!!

Lynn, let us know what you think about Mike! ;)

Oh, I DID SOOO GOOD WITH MY CAKE DECORATING! I DIDN'T LICK MY FINGERS AT ALL!!! OR THE BOWL!!!!!!!! WHOOO HOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! :cb: :cp: :bravo:

goddesskde
04-16-2005, 07:51 PM
OMG I'm not sure how in the world one person is supposed to handle all the stuff i have going on around here. We had ball practices at 10 am and 3 pm a birthday party at 2pm and I had to work from 1-4:30.. Hubby did ok helping out but he got called out to a job and had to drive 2 hours away to fix a problem for them. Which left me with the rest of the issues to handle on my own. Not to mention my house a a wreck and I have so many loads of laundry to do it isnt even funny. Tomorrow wont be much better either. I have to finish up that job i'm working on and we have practice at 2:30 and a meeting at church at 5pm. ARRRRRRRRRRRGHHHH.. and just when am i supposed to clean the house and get the lawn mowed and edged????
My diet has been going pretty well. I havent been on the scale in a few days ( i know i'm only supposed to do it once a week) so i'm not sure how the scale will reflect my efforts. I've walked every day and painted at least 3 days so taht's gotta count for something lol

chubbyvixen
04-17-2005, 02:45 AM
Hey chickas!!

Well, all the things that I don't like about this place came in with the heat yesterday. It was about 90 degrees here yesterday. I love hot weather. Many of the people here do not use deoderant and the smell can get very bad. The smell is quiet "peppery" as my husband calls it. Yuck. The thing is is that this is nothing. The heat will get up to 130 in the summer. Crazy.
I did buy a trampolene yesterday. I have read that its amazing exercise and affordable. I can do it right in front of the tv :) I also want to buy some resistance bands.
Diet is going well. We ate out for breakfast this morning. I asked for a club sandwich. Not great but I kept the portion wayyy down. I will just eat a light lunch to make up for the fatty mayo.

Kim- I will go check out the message. Thanks!!

Goddesskim- Those pics of your work are AMAZING. I showed them to my husband. He likes the red one in that office. I wish you were over here to do our room!

Ok, I hope y'all are doing well. All except for Kery maybe are alseep.

Love,
Deanne

PURPLEPANSY
04-17-2005, 01:44 PM
Hi all...
Wanted to stop in quick and drop a line. I wanted to post to everyone but I have to leave in a min.. so I hope all is healthy in everyone's life for today.

we met mike and he is very very nice. He was nervous, we could tell. We are very homey down to earth sorta family. Most people blend in comfy shortly after meeting us. But he was nervous. He is a workaholic, at the age of 22 he is teaching HS math part time and works full time for the national weather service as a meterologist for the Albany metro area. He has a very strong personality and so does my daughter, I'm wondering how that will pan out in the future. I can hear them debating now. I wish her well especially after all the heartache she has had.
Well I have to run.. I have that tea... I feel like an old fuddy-duddy... tea in the afternoon ( eyeroll) who woulda thought... LOL
love ya all...
LYNN~

PURPLEPANSY
04-17-2005, 07:48 PM
aloha vixens...
where is everyone??? exercising I hope???? I'm back from the tea... I'm full and very tired...
I'm starting very very strict tomorrow.

Deanne~ How is the kitty? I love cats. I have one and she is my baby, her name is samoa ( yes after the girl scout cookie)

Stay healthy and strong vixens...

chubbyvixen
04-17-2005, 11:58 PM
Hey girls!
Its about 7am here...and Im just waking up. Im finally on a good schedule. I think Im going to go walking down at the boardwalk. Its about 2 miles. Not sure if Ill walk the whole thing because its so hot here.
Anyway, Lynn...I told my husband about your kitty, he says we're going to name ours Thin Mint. No seriously, we havent come up witha name yet. Help me out.
Went to the doctor,finally. She put me on Effexor and Tegretol. Im hoping it will work. I took the first one yesterday and it gave me a big burst of energy. Yay. Plus it gives me really awful dry mouth. Which makes me drink alot of water. See how that works?? :)

Ok, Ill post later.

Love,
Deanne

chubbyvixen
04-18-2005, 01:43 AM
So, since Ive was off the wagon, I havent weighed myself in about 3-4weeks. So, I finally did it today. Turns out, I was maintaining my weight. I didnt lose or gain. Which is great, I dont feel like Im starting all over again. Yay! So, Im still at 163.

Oh and Im thinking about ordering some of the WW foods from the UK website. Ive only been able to find a few products here.

Well, I hope you're all sleeping well! We really should start posting more. Maybe we need another challange. How about we all come up with one thing that we can do for the challange. Then, we'll put them all together.

Karen- we miss you! come back!!

Love,
Deanne

My challange idea: To find the "little things" that keep me motivated. Write them down. No matter what it is or how silly. Motivation is motivation and we can all use it!!

PURPLEPANSY
04-18-2005, 08:43 AM
Deanne, thin mint is cute.... and the word "thin" would be spoken often.. LOL that might give some motivation. We have animals named after states, dakota, montana... etc... then it was candy.. snickers.. LOL.. our ducks were named biscuit, crackers...

The weather here is suppose to be very warm today. I want to walk, but I have a giant blister on the back of my heal from walking the other day. I have the eye doctor today... and then this afternoon we pick up our new sports car... ((eyeroll)) I should say jim's new sports car. It is costing us a fortune, it is a mercedes XLR convertable, I call it is MO JO..
I wish everyone a great day... stay healthy and make great choices..
for today, I am drinking all of my water and eating all my fruits and veggies..
Deanne~~ my friend takes effexor and is doing great on it...good luck.. write me let me know how it is..
Love
Lynn~~

goddesskde
04-18-2005, 09:50 AM
Ok, dont have a bunch of time to post this morning. I'm supposed to be getting ready for my walk with Kim in say... 10 minutes!!!! But i weighed in this morning and lost 2 more pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOO HHOOOOOOOOOO I think I'm going to phase 2 starting today. Wish me luck.

chubbyvixen
04-18-2005, 09:57 AM
First off, Kim...CONGRATS CHICKA!! Thats awesome!

Lynn- A mercedes XLR?!!!? Not fair. Holy crap. Girl, you are gonna have fun in that!! My husband and I are car and motorcycle fanatics. We cant afford them so we might as well enjoy looking at them. We saw a $400,000 Koenisegg the other day. It was purty!

So far so good today. Stayed on the plan. Just have to eat dinner soon. Thatll be a lean cuisine. As usual. I hate cooking. I would marry a microwave :)

Talk to y'all later...have a great day!!

Love,
Deanne

chubbyvixen
04-18-2005, 10:03 AM
Oh, I forgot. Here are some pics of the kitty.

jessicamt
04-18-2005, 10:43 AM
good morning ladies.
Lynn-Whoa, thats a nice car. My boyfreind is a big Car freak. He loves to race his truck, it bothers me though, it just gets annoying sometimes riding with him. Mojo, thats funny. My little puppy is named mojo.
Deanne-i like working out in hot weather. All growing up, i played softball, and we would always play in the heat so its feels better to me when i do. You're cat is really cute. I'm not too big of a cat fan, but i think they are cute. I have just never had one. But i have always had a dog, i love them.

We should do a challenge, i need something to keep me motivated and thinking about my ultimate goal. I think that is why i am kind of at a stand still. I think i am going to carry around an old "fat" picture of myself That always makes me go a workout or keeps more inline. So whenever i start veering away from doing to right things i will take out that picture. Hmm but thats not much of a challenge though. lol silly me. This week i am going to focus on my food intake. I have been really focusing on my workouts so i am going to try to make that a priority.

I went to a baby shower this weekend. It was pretty fun. She got alot of gifts. I felt kind of wierd, all the girls there my age were married and had little kids running around. Makes me kind of envious of them, but i mean i am still young i have time. But i think its just one of those want to be older and do "what the big kids are doing" type thing. I dont know i think i just kind of want to start my adult life with the getting married. or maybe im just rushing into things. And then when i do get to thinking about it, my mind starts running through these things of maybe the reason he doesnt want to marry you yet is because your fat. I know thats not the reason, but its just in the back of my mind.
Sorry about that girls just a few things running through my head, well on a lighter note, hope everyone has a great day. :)

Kery
04-18-2005, 12:38 PM
Hi everyone, sorry for the lack of posting from me! Part of this due to exercising and working, so it's not bad, and the other part is art-related, I've been spending lots of time this week taking part in projects and drawing. Which was a good thing, as it allowed me to be noticed and work out a deal for an illustration, and I can really do these times with the money, I admit :lol:

Anyway - I hope everyone had a great week-end, and that the weight loss is going well! :)

o2bskinny
04-18-2005, 12:46 PM
Well Lynn!!!! Aren't you gonna look all sexy riding in that car? You and your soon to be skinny self!!!!!!! I am jealous!

Deanne, cute cat! I too, and a dog person, but I like cats too. I love animals in general, but not as well as you! :lol:

Well, this will be a short post...I am getting ready to go plant my veggie garden, then pick up kids and possibly go to a PTO meeting tonight. Tomorrow I am going on a field trip with my daughter. Point here being that I may not post much in the next day or so, but I WILL be back.

OH! I LOST 2 MORE POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp:
Kim and I walked, and I am doing great so far today!!!!!!!!!
Talk to all you chickies later!

PURPLEPANSY
04-18-2005, 02:27 PM
skinny vixen.. wtg on the 2 pounds... clapping for ya... :)

Oh no.. Lynn won't be driving the sports car, Lynn will be a passenger LOL... It is his car.. god forbid.. there is a scratch...!!! I'm excited for him thou, he worked alot of hard long hours this year.. he deserves it

hi kery, glad you are exercising. I walked yesterday and got this big ol blister on the back of my foot, it really hurts, I'm wear flip flops today as I can't wear shoes.. ouch

deanne~ cute kitty cat, I love them when they are that small, I have as I'm writing this my cat sitting next to the me staring at me, I think she is hungry.

Jessica~ You have time girl for babies and such. My cousin is 30 and she has been engaged forever, her guy isn't ready, in my opinion he never will be, but she has to learn that the hard way. She told me Easter that she thinks she might have to move on and she is afraid to date and to start all over again.

Here is my food for the day so far.
I pureed 1 cup of strawberries mixed with banana yogart and a banana

I had two servings of pretzels

1 cup of red seedless grapes

o2bskinny
04-18-2005, 06:07 PM
Lynn, you will still be sexy riding in that car! Driving or not! Everyone will envy him! Hot woman in a hot car! Woooo hoooo! I am scared of you girlfriend! ;)

Oh, I got my garden planted!!! 1 row radishes, 2 rows cucumbers, 12 tomato plants, 10 pepper plants, and I still have a row left. I will probably do squash. Not sure yet. I also went to the tanning bed today. I am feeling good vixens! :D Very good!!!

Kery, I didn't see your post earlier, but I am glad to hear from you! Sounds like you have been very busy! And in a good way! Yea for you!

I think we all need a good challenge..........My down fall is drinking all my water.........I would love to add that to the challenge if anyone else wants to add to it! I am game! :cb: :cb: :cb:

By the way, I got a new Yoga DVD! I am going to try it tonight! I have always been curious about Yoga, so why not? :?:

Where the heck is everyone??? We are only 3 Pages long! :shrug:

jessicamt
04-18-2005, 06:14 PM
I know, :( no one ever thinks about us. Well im still here :p . Today has gone good so far. I think i may go to the movies tonight to see Amityville horror. ooh scary. I'm sure i can resist the popcorn and everything else there. I will stick with my bottle of water and maybe my carrots. Well hope everyone is sticking with their plans. Hope to talk to everyone soon.

Love ya,

PURPLEPANSY
04-18-2005, 10:36 PM
Jessica~ let me know how you like the movie? I want to see it, I saw the 'older' version and was scared. I love scarey movies.

skinny-vixen :) my downfall is water also. So lets do the water challenge, eight glasses a day. I'm game.

We picked up the car, It is amazing. It is called crimson red. Jim made me drive it. He drove it first then I got in it. I could get used to driving a car like that!!!!!!!

My friend is going to OA meetings on monday nights and wants me to go with her. I'm going to go next week. I need all the help I can get :)

I'm watching super nanny then going to bed ( medium is a repeat ) :(
Love ya all
Lynn~

chubbyvixen
04-18-2005, 11:11 PM
Wow...more post last night than there has been lately. I missed it all. I was asleep by 8pm. Its about 5:30am here, just woke up. Its nice to be getting up earlier. Although, I find myself with nothing to do here during the day. Nic has to sleep then. Not staying up all night keeps me from overeating. Boredom or overeating?? I think Ill deal boredom.
Kim- Congrats girl! Im so proud of you! Thats 2lbs you dont have to see again! Im not sure if im a cat or a dog person...i think im just an animal person :)

Lynn- For some reason, my other cat cant stand it when Im on the computer and she has to sit on my lap the whole time. Speaking of, I think Im going to put her on a diet. Anyway, that little yogurt smoothie you made sounds great!! I think Ill do that tonight for dessert. What is supernanny?

Jessica- My fat pictures scare the **** out of me. I am of so scared of not getting this weight off. Im not even sure if I even want a goal date anymore. If I dont get it off by then, I will be destroyed. Maybe instead of doing longterm goals, Ill just do mini goals. Oh and what is Amityville horror? I know of the old ones. I miss everything being out here. The only way we know of new movies is from the pirated copies. Hehe. They film them in the theaters, so you can see people walking across and laughing throughout the movie.

Kery- Its nice to see you again chick!

Ok, Im going to eat my breakfast. Probably some oatmeal or something. I miss drinking milk. All we have is regular and lowfat. The lowfat is a lot of points!

Love,
Deanne

o2bskinny
04-18-2005, 11:51 PM
Yes Deanne, you are definately an animal person, with no discrimination against any of them! :lol: That is a great way to be though. Nothing wrong with that.

Lynn, we want a picture of you in the car!!!!!!!! I know you felt like the queen driving that thing. Have you ever been to an OA meeting? I was wondering what they are like? Good for you for planning on going.

Going to exercise and go to bed.
Talk to you ladies tomorrow when I get back from my daughters field trip! WOOOO HOOOOO! A day with a bazillion third graders!!!!!!!! :dizzy:

chubbyvixen
04-19-2005, 06:49 AM
Whats OA lynn?

jessicamt
04-19-2005, 10:35 AM
AWW, well i didnt get to see the movie, we went searching around for a lawn mower. Since we have moved into this new house, its hard trying to get everything looking like you want. I know its going to take time, but its like you just want everything to automatically look good. We started painting a room about 2 weeks ago and still havent finished :( . But i think the next room we may get someone to do that for us, its just so hard, and then i got paint (red paint) on our carpet. So i had to step away fromt he paint brush, my boyfreind was kind of mad, but didnt really say anything.
My stomach today is really upset. I havent eaten breakfast yet, but im afraid if i do, it may not stay down. It could have beent he dinner last night, taco bell :mad: , i know i know, i am so not suppose to have that, but ugh i guess i am paying for it today.
Hey Deanne, you are definatly a animal person. But i am too. I love walking around here at the zoo. My favorite animals here are the gorillas, and the white tiger. The white tiger is just so gorgeous.
Lynn- i didnt get to see the new one yet. But the other night i did see the old one, amittyville horror 2, OMGosh, it was so scary., Even my boyfriend was scared. We had to walk eachother to the restroom, it was so funny.
I bet you looked so great in that car. I cant wait to see pictures.
Kim- Great job on 2 pounds, you are really staying on track, so proud of you. You really inspire me to do good. Thanks for that.

Well i better actually do some work, so talk to you soon.

goddesskde
04-19-2005, 10:36 AM
Amityville Horror is a new movie that just came out. i think it's about what happened to the next family that lived in that house after the first one were murdered. i'd love to see it, but I cant seem to find time to get away from the kids long enough to see a movie lol. And supper nanny is a tv program where a british nanny comes in and helps families with horrid children. Basically she's there to teach the mom's and dads how to handle their own kids. It'll be a sad day if i ever need someone to come teach me how to raise my kids!!!!!!!!!!
I did good with my diet yesterday. I'm moving on to phase 2 now and i had enchiladas last night. I made them with whole wheat shells instead of flour ones. They were actually very good.

PURPLEPANSY
04-19-2005, 02:35 PM
kim~ I will post pics soon. Jamie has my digital camera at college. When she gets back I'll post a few pics. I'll even post one of me and my squishy butt next to the car.

Deanne~ OA is short for overeaters anonymous. It is a support program such like AA that follows a 12-step program to stop compulsive over-eating and binging.

goddess kim~ good job on the eating plan!

Jessica~sorry you didn't get to see the movie.. but you got a lawn mower!!

Post more latah..
Love Lynn~ whose noshing on an apple

o2bskinny
04-19-2005, 06:04 PM
Ok Lynn, I have had 32 oz of water so far, so is that 8 oz in a cup, so 4 glasses? and 4 to go? How are you doing with your water? Lets do this!!!!!! I am serious girl! Drinking lots of water is a big factor in losing this fat! Gotta do it! :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:
Jessica, thanks for your sweet words. It is so nice to feel good again!!! Sorry you didn't get to see the movie. I have a feeling that is one I won't see. My hubby and I saw the first one when we were dating, He hates movies like that. Anything with demons, forget it, he freaks. :yikes:
I did 30 minutes of yoga last night..Have you all ever tried that? It wasn't easy! And I did the EASY Poses! OMG!!! I also rode my stationary bike for 4 miles. I walked with Kim today after I got home from my daughters field trip (What a gorgeous day!) and as I said, I am working on the water thing.
Feeling good ladies!!!!! :cb: :dance: :dancer: :goodvibes :flow1:

PURPLEPANSY
04-19-2005, 06:51 PM
I drank four glasses of water, but I also had some crystal light and a cup of tomato soup you mix with water. NOT the perfect 8 glasses but i'm getting there.
Here is my food for the day

orange
apple
yogart
special k with skim milk
banana
half a large bagel
tuna sand with light mayo on light rye bread
cup of tomato soup
2 low fat fudge bars
thats it thus far...I also walked today for 45mins

I have to go to the grocery store. Anyone have any menu ideas? I keep eating and making the same things...

Deanne~~ your kitty might have sibling rivalry.. Keep attention to your older cat when around the kitten. Your older cat will soon adapt.

I have

chubbyvixen
04-20-2005, 12:32 AM
My challange idea: To find the "little things" that keep me motivated. Write them down. No matter what it is or how silly. Motivation is motivation and we can all use it!!
Girls, lets each have something on this challenge. Then, we'll put them all in one post so we can print it out! :devil:

Hey chicks!
Its 7am my time. I woke up at 6am and Im still a little tired. I went to bed at 8:30 last night though.
This effexor seems to be suppressing my appetite in a big way. I think that may wear off though. I hope not :)
Ok, there is a MAJOR thing that I have noticed in losing weight. You have to be happy. When Im happy, that gets me started to eat right. When Im depressed, I do not want to eat right. When I eat KFC and Mcdonalds, I really dont even feel that guilty about it. So, the effexor is really helping me to get motivated.

Lynn- Thanks hon, I feel like an idiot. I wish we had OA here. We try to make sure that we give Lucy enough attention. And she makes sure that she gets it :)

Kim- How did you like the Yoga? I have always wanted to try it!! I saw a dvd the other day for it. I think Ill go get it. I have a Denise Austin workout dvd, I just cant get over how fake and cheesy she is though. All I do is laugh when its on.

Jessica- MMMM...I miss Taco Bell. They had one here but it closed right before I moved here. Maybe a sign. Plus, its hard to imagine a Taco Bell in the Middle East! Man, I miss CHick Fil A too.

Ok, Im gonna go weigh myself and then eat some Grits. Yum.

Love,
Deanne

goddesskde
04-20-2005, 10:47 AM
Ok, I've had a good couple of days. I went to my doctor yesterday and my blood pressure is down to 100/60 and my glucose is 61 right at perfectly normal. Go me!! Went for my walk with Kim this morning with 2 of my kids. They have doctors appointments at 1020 this morning. My 7 yr old had shingles a couple months ago and she still has sores on her chest so I want to have those checked again to see why she isnt healing and my 4 yr old needs her school shots so I can register her in the May registration instead of waiting until August. Maybe after that I'll be done with appointments for a few days..oh wait.. dang it my oldest has her ortho appointment on the 25th lol so I'm doomed to run to appointment after appointment. Oh well it keeps me busy.. like i need help in that department lol

o2bskinny
04-20-2005, 11:38 AM
Yes, Kim and I walked today. Her little ones were with us, but to be honest, I welcomed the slower pace today. My allergies are killing me. I woke up again at 5 sneezing my fool head off. I have been sneezing ever since. I am choking down some water this AM, and plan on doing well today. I feel very motivated. My son was up till after 10:30 last night doing the homework that he lied to me about doing. He said he did his homework definitions. He had 2 days to do them. I asked him to see them after dinner last night, and guess what? They were not done! this is a class he has a D in right now! OMG! I wanted to scream! Anyway, he had to get up this morning at 5:30 and finish them! He was NOT happy! HAHA!!! :lol:
I am off to tan, but will be back in a little bit.
WHERE IS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????? :?: :?: I want to hear from you! :listen:

PURPLEPANSY
04-20-2005, 12:27 PM
howdy gals,
Still on plan today, drank 4 glasses of water so far, and running to the bathroom!! Went to kohls with hubby as we have a funeral tomorrow and he needed some clothes. His sisters husband's brother died. He had AIDS. I know this will be very sad funeral as he struggled with it for ten years.

I'm pmsing, I feel as if it is do any second. I crave salt at this time. It is terrible.

MY MOTIVATION,

1. Being able to complete a 45 min walk and feel energized instead of pooped.
2. I have a closet full of clothes I can't wear.
3. To lower my BP
4. Be healthy for my family
5. To look good in hawaii!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PURPLEPANSY
04-20-2005, 02:56 PM
Kim way to go on the low bp and great bs......

o2bskinny
04-20-2005, 09:50 PM
Deanne, I meant to say that I thought your challenge idea was great. I think we all need it. This thread is slowly dying!

HOW IS EVERYONE??????

Summerlover
04-20-2005, 09:52 PM
Hi all! I am popping in to visit from the "Teachers..." thread. I noticed your name earlier today, and I have to say, I am very impressed. We teachers are fun-loving also, and our name doesn't reflect our true essences. You have inspired us to reconsider how we represent ourselves. See ya, and feel free to visit us as well! ;)

PURPLEPANSY
04-20-2005, 10:15 PM
EAT, HYDRATE, SHOP SMART, COOK HEALTHY, PILE ON THE FIBER, MOVE, WALK, LIFT WEIGHTS, SLEEP, SMILE, TALK, LISTEN, LAUGH, CRY, LOVE, HUG, KISS, TOUCH, SOOTHE, FORGIVE, PRAY, NEVER GIVE UP...

wow.. words to live by!! thanx for stopping by and adding some pazazzzzz to our thread
Lynn!

chubbyvixen
04-20-2005, 11:13 PM
Hey chicks. I got on to read all of your post last night. I was so tired, I didnt even have the strength to type. I had laid out for 2 hours yesterday. It just drained me. Got a great tan though!
GoddessKim- Girl, you sound so busy! Dont forget to take a little time for yourself :)

Kim-What would your "thing" be for the challenge?

Lynn- I love your motivation!! I wish Hawaii was on mine. I like those words that you put on the second post. Very cute.

Ok, stayed on the plan yesterday. Staying on it today. Staying on it tomorrow. :)

Love,
Deanne

o2bskinny
04-20-2005, 11:32 PM
Deanne, I think my biggest challenge is drinking the water, that is just the hardest thing for me. Second would be to get in a minimum of 20 minutes of exercise a day. That isn't much, but it would be a good start. That is my 2 cents worth. How about you? What would your challenge be?

chubbyvixen
04-21-2005, 06:40 AM
Hey y'all...I added a bunch of new pics to my site. http://munozchick.tripod.com

Love y'all,
Deanne

kclay61
04-21-2005, 08:05 AM
Hey ladies ~wave~ This sounds like a fun, supportive group. May I join?

o2bskinny
04-21-2005, 09:01 AM
Hi Kim! You are our 3rd Kim! Lets confuse everyone! HEHE! :lol: This is aweseom! Welcome and we are sooooo glad you are here! I am on the way out the door, but I will post in a little while. Just wanted to welcome our newest addition!!! :wave:

o2bskinny
04-21-2005, 09:05 AM
Oh newest Kim (can I call you that? Newest Kim?) from your list of children/grandchildren you sound very busy!!!! What kind of plan are you on? Tell us about yourself!
Be back later!
Kim

chubbyvixen
04-21-2005, 10:00 AM
Welcome newestkim!! Tell us about yourself.

Love,
Deane

jessicamt
04-21-2005, 10:57 AM
Hello Newest Kim, welcome, we have great ladies here, im sure you will like it.

Well i havent worked out this week, i have been fighting a stomach virus and it is taking up my sleep time, so making me really tired. But hopefully i can get over fairly quick cause i want to get back in the gym.

Deanne- your new pics are cool. The sunset just looks gorgeous.

Wow Kim's sounds like your doing great, keep up the good work.

Hope to talk to everyone soon, i better get back to work.

Jessica

goddesskde
04-21-2005, 11:35 AM
Deanne do you by any chance need the weight watchers dining out guide or the complete food guide.. or maybe even the little black holder? I have them and they are just taking up space on my counter.. thought i would see if you need something..

chubbyvixen
04-21-2005, 01:20 PM
Hey chickas!

Jessica- Im sorry you were sick. I only get sick about once a year but its really bad. Im so sorry for you!

Goddesskim- That would be awesome! Its tough doing online. Anytime that I need the points for stuff, I have to get online. They have a list that you can print but it only has the basic stuff. Send me an email with more info. Munozchick@yahoo.com

Love,
Deanne

chubbyvixen
04-21-2005, 01:22 PM
By the way, postage wouldnt be any different. We have an APO address. Or you could send it to my mom and she could forward it. I can figure out a way to get you the postage money to send it. Ill call my mom and see if she'll send it to you. That way, it will only take a day or two.

Love,
Deanne

PURPLEPANSY
04-21-2005, 02:17 PM
howdy vixens.. and wavin to newest kim. Welcome
I just got back from the funeral. Not fun. Sometimes bad things happen and good comes out of it. A family member was reunited with another. I think it was Jimmy's gift to his brother. A special reunion.

I ate my day's worth of pts already. Very hard when things are filled with mayo and there were alot of breads. For dinner I will have a salad.

The weather in upstate ny is cool, brisk but very sunny.

Deanne~ I'm sure it is very very hot is Iraq. Wear sunscreen! :)~

We got kim's coming out of the wood work!! there's skinny vixen kim and goddess kim. and newest kim.. LOL did i tell you that one of my greatest friends is Kim. heehehee

newest kim? did you have sets of twins? I noticed some of your children are the same age.

post latah
Lynn~

PURPLEPANSY
04-21-2005, 02:19 PM
deanne thanx for the update on your site... looking good...:)

PURPLEPANSY
04-21-2005, 02:20 PM
((((jessica))) feel bettah!

PURPLEPANSY
04-21-2005, 10:12 PM
vixens where r u????????????????

kclay61
04-21-2005, 11:06 PM
:D Hi everyone :wave: Yes I do have two sets of twins :eek: I've only been pg three times, so can't complain. :D

Tell something about myself - well - lets' see - I'm 40-something - I live in NE Georgia, right on the SC border. I'm married, 26yrs, to a truck driver. He is usually home every night, but every so often he is gone during the week.

One adult son lives in TX (DFW area) with his girl and their two girls. My other adult son lives here, with us, waiting to move into their new place, once the baby arrives. Our adult daughter :?: well she is another subject. She lives here. But is wanting to move. But w/o a job there isn't much for her to move into :(

I worked, for 3yrs, as a lunchroom lady at our local HS. Now I stay at home. Would like to find another job but hate leaving our girls home. And with summer coming up I wouldn't have anyone to watch them.

I used to be a WW member. And was doing very well. But our leader was located to another area and the lady they brought in I did not like. She is a nice person she just didn't have the 'umph' that I needed, like the other leader did. While on WW I lost, almost, 50lbs. While OFF WW I gained all that back PLUS :stress: My mother claimed it was because of all the stress I'm under with all our kids still living here.

Now I am on a diet that my Dr. and a dietician has me on. I've been on it, almost, 4 weeks. It was hard to get used to but it isn't so bad now. :^:

Guess that's all.

chubbyvixen
04-21-2005, 11:52 PM
Morning girls! Or Night girls I guess!
It'll probably be morning when y'all read this.

Lynn- Im here chick. I've just been going to bed early and waking up early. So, I dont post when you post anymore. Im sorry about the funeral. That is cool that something good came out of it. Its weird how things work out, isnt it?
How are you doing on ww? Do you have any good snacks that are easy?

NewestKIM-Yay we have another southerner!! Have you ever considered WW online? Im doing that right now. I really like it.

Where is Karen and Kery???? They're MIA. If y'all are lurking and not posting...we miss y'all!

Ok, im going to eat some grits. Nic is out at the shooting range and wont be home until 10am. He only got about 3 hours of sleep yesterday. Then, he wont get much today. GROUCHY!
Our housemates wife is coming next week with her 2 year old. I think I told y'all about that. His wife doesnt know much english. So, I think this maybe a bit akward. Dont get me wrong, I loveee kids. Im just not sure about living with one thats not mine.

How is everyone doing?? I want to get EVERYONES challenge idea. Im going to put it all together and put it on my site.

Love,
Deanne

kclay61
04-22-2005, 12:20 AM
Deanne - I don't want to PAY to loose weight, not anymore. My insurance pays for me to go to the Dr. plus most of the stuff we do, is via phone. I call her on Monday's and tell her what my weight is. Then, every two weeks, she sends me, via email, a new diet plan. It really works for me. But thanks for thinking of me, it means a lot.

chubbyvixen
04-22-2005, 12:32 AM
Thats awesome that you can do that!! Wow. What sort of stuff can you eat??

Love,
Deanne

o2bskinny
04-22-2005, 12:39 AM
Hi everyone! I have had a very busy day! And tomorrow will be even more busy! I have a catering job tomorrow night. I made banana pudding for it tonight, and I didn't even cheat! Not one lick! The dirty bowl went into the sink without even licking the spoon! YEA! But it sure was hard! :?:
Anyway, I have been doing good other than that. I went for my walk with goddesskim and drank water, not enough, but I did drink some! :rolleyes:

I needed to exercise but there just isn't enough time in the day. I am way too tired to think about it right now. UGH!

Well, I am off to look at Deannes site. I will talk to you ladies tomorrow!
:wave:

chubbyvixen
04-22-2005, 02:15 AM
Hey Kim...I think we posted at the same time. Banana pudding...mmm I wonder if there is a WW recipe for it. Thats one of my favorite desserts! Im proud of you for not cheating! How is everything in Mississippi? I have been really homesick lately. My mom lives in Jackson. She and I are best friends. Shes awesome!
Shes overweight and having trouble losing weight. Shes got diabetes so that gets in the way. I was I was there so that we could be diet buddies. Anyway, Im babbleing!

I hope you have a great day tomorrow!

Love,
Deanne

kclay61
04-22-2005, 02:52 AM
Deanne - for 11 days I eat exactly what the Dr. has on the list - then the last 3 days, of the two weeks, I can eat what I want, including sweets, but only to a certain limit, I'm to quit eating BEFORE I get full. It was pretty easy last time. I'm going on my 4th week. WooHoo.

Today, for example, I had a can of tuna with some FF dressing, an apple, two pieces of fish, some fruit cocktail, and two scrambled eggs w/1oz of cheese and two slices of Multi Grain toast.

Believe it or not that fills me up. I would have never thought that back 5 weeks ago. I was eating to be eating. I wasn't even hungry and would still eat. Like right now, I would be munching on French Fries, or chips, or well just about anything I could get my hands on.

This has really taught me how to eat while dining out also.

chubbyvixen
04-22-2005, 03:32 AM
Thats so great. I wish I had a doctor or someone to guide me. I love the online thing but wish I had the meetings to go to. I think it would make it easier if I had someone to keep me on track.

Love,
Deanne

Kery
04-22-2005, 08:00 AM
Hi Vixens! :) For those who were wondering, I wasn't "lurking", I just happened to not visit the board in the past few days. This was a bad idea, as I had to catch up on this thread; if there's one weight loss-related thing I really need to check daily, it's this one, haha!

So, to catch up yet again: welcome to the new people who've posted in this thread in the meantime, and congrats to those who shed pounds, it's proof that it works! :)

I seriously think that we could do with some kind of "challenge", even if a personal one each time; I know that I've been, well, not completely falling off the wagon recently, but not watching what I ate as well as I should have. While exercising daily isn't a hassle at all, I think I somewhat grew "tired" of carefully watching my food intake. My weight loss is a teenage rebellious one :lol: I still believe that exercise was my savior, as I could go on losing a bit more in spite of my eating mistakes, but I know this won't last forever.

So for now, I set a personal challenge to help. My parents came to visit yesterday, and offered to buy me a few summer clothes from a catalog. The thing is, this catalog would only sell two sizes that are close to my current one: 38/40 and 42/44 (I think these are 8/10 and 12/14 in US sizes - I hope I've converted it well this time). 42/44 is definitively too large for me now, and I am certainly not going to gain weight again just to wear some! ;) Thus I told them to take the 38/40, even if I know that it may be too small for the time being. I DO hope that having these in my wardrobe and unable to wear them will motivate me to be serious about "dieting" again. It know it's nothing impossible to do, it's not like I'm trying to wear a size 2 when not even knowing if a "normal" weight for me would allow me to. I know that I can do it, if I stay committed.

Did some of you do something similar already? I mean, not trying to fit into old clothes again, but deliberately buying something new in a smaller size so that it'd motivate you more? And, err, does it work? (I hope it does - well, alright, all cards are in my hand here anyway, I know that.) I don't like the path I'm treading on right now, I'm too much in a "don't care!" mood about this weight thing, and it's baaaad.

Now to bookmark this thread in my "visit these every morning!" folder. It's not funny to visit every 4 days and only catch up, rather than really talking here with you all!

PURPLEPANSY
04-22-2005, 10:05 AM
good morning vixen chicks.

I just had a fight with my daughter. Can it still be a fight even thou it is via email? She accused me of tracking her down on the internet! The worse thing I did was look at her pics on webshot. She claims I found her webpage and i'm scouting her out. I'm furious and I told her so. She is mad at me now. Oh well..

my plan for today is to drink my water and get all servings of fruits and vegi's and two milks. Wish me luck.

Newest kim~ what kind of plan did your doctor put you on? Is it the exchange program? or did they list specific foods to eat.

Deanne~ your site looks great! I'm trying to find snacks that are healthy. I'm trying not to eat pretzels as they are a trigger food.

I make lowfat pudding in the box, add one cup of milk then one cup of water. It isn't bad, it is 3-4 pts depending. I'm major pmsing... I hate this feeling. I feel bloated, crampy and my boobs.. ouch... menopause come find me... I want this over!!! my mom was 40 and was done, I'm 41 and I get it every 25- 28 days... and it is sooo heavy.. I'm almost feel bed ridden.

I took dakota ( husky) to the vet yesterday and she has lymes disease. I have to give her a large pill and she hates it. My car is now filled with dog hair...omg... FILLED!

my mom turned 65 and i'm making her dinner sunday. What to make?????

Kim~~ nanner pudding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my fave....send some to poughquag NY.. LOL.. by fed ex...

Love ya all
Lynn~~

jessicamt
04-22-2005, 10:20 AM
Morning Vixens,

Finally a day i feel normal. That stomach virus really kicked my butt. I havent worked out at all this week because of it. But i am so relieved today i feel normal. I ve noticed i have been tired all week partly due to not working out. Well instead of relaxing this weekend, i have to work :( Here at the zoo we have this marathon called the Zoo Run Runn. I have to be here at 5:30am tomorrow morning, and not be able to leave till 6:30 thats night, oh well overtime never hurts. I cant wait to get back on track as far as working out, i feel like such a slacker not working out.

Well job searching has gone ok, I have this lady helping me out and i think she found me something at a very professional building right here by the zoo, even though i would like somthing a little closer to my house ( i drive about 45 minutes to work) i think this job would be a really good learning experience, more money too :s:

We finally got a refrigerator, so now we can live normally, lol i was so glad, now i can cook and store food and not just be tempted to eat out everyday or go to the grocery store everyday and anything extra throw out, i hate that.
Well hope everybody has a happy friday. Talk toyou ladies soon

Jessica

PURPLEPANSY
04-22-2005, 10:24 AM
hi jess.. glad you are feeling bettah!!! Take it easy till you feel like better.

goddesskde
04-22-2005, 10:55 AM
Kery, before i started this diet i bought a polka dot bikini.. it has served as great motivation for me. I have it hanging in my bathroom so whenever i get the urge to eat something not good for me i go look at it. And just imagine having to wear it all flubby lol. That puts an end to whatever i was wanting to eat!!
Things are going good here. Just busy busy busy. Sidney(my 9 yr old) had her first softball game last night. She played catcher for the first time ever. Tagged 3 out coming into home. She ROCKED! I think I'm gonna buy her her own gear though. The ones the team has doesnt quite cover her knees when she squats down.(she's tall and SKINNY) That cant be safe. I know expensive but I havent seen her excited about playing a position for a while and if she loves this I'll get her whatever she wants. LOL i'm such a pushover mommy!
The diet is going well. Sticking to plan thanks to that bikini hanging there staring at me lol. I walk every day with skinny Kim (have to differentiate which kim now lol) Although i think I need to add more exercise in. I just lack the motivation to make time and do it on my own. I did great going to the gym, but I just hate the idea of paying 1000 a year for the privilage of going to a place to be gawked at. I'm not one of those women that wear make up and nice clothes to work out and I hate the idea that I'm being checked out while i'm dripping in sweat. That and only the old guys hit on me LOL. Apparently the mommy side of me is attractive to the geriatric fellows.
Well I need to get moving today. I'll check back in with everyone later.

kclay61
04-22-2005, 12:19 PM
Lynn - she has me on specific items each day - I'm to eat 4x's a day except for my fruit and veggie day, then I only eat 3x's that day.

I'm sorry about your daughter. I'm assuming she doesn't want anything to do with you? I just don't understand why she would be so mad at you trying to find her? *shrug*

chubbyvixen
04-22-2005, 01:18 PM
Hey girls!

Lynn- Were you trying to find her? Or you just wanted to check out the pictures? If shes posting them on the web, they're not secret pictures! I can see it from both sides though.

Kery- Welcome back chicka!!

Goddesskim-That reminds me of that commercial. Something like, "litty bitty, teeny weeny yellow polkadot bikini, that she wore for the first time today"! So cute! I totally understand on the gym thing. I dont like to be around anyone!

Ok, so Lynn and I are BOTH pmsing. I have a HUGE pimple on my forehead. Lovely.
I felt really sick all day long. Not sure why. Nic and I have not used protection at all. So, Im a little freaked out. I would be totally excited though!
Diet went well today. I had major cravings. So, I started cleaning. Now that was fun :)

Ill talk to yall later...

Love,
Deanne

PURPLEPANSY
04-22-2005, 05:21 PM
Deanne~ no protection? ut oh... do I hear rock a bye baby in the back ground????
I tried to get pregnant when I was your age. We tried for a year and nothing happened. We decided to move and since that was such a huge expense, we thought we'd try a again a year later. Well I got pregnant two months later WITH protection!! Go figure!

Newest Kim~~ My daughter is away at college and we typically are very very close. She seems to think I'm lurking on the web looking at what she is doing. I am not. I have however looked at webshots sight, which btw deanne had said is public domain. :)

I wish I would get my period as I am sooo sluggish.. grrrrr

PURPLEPANSY
04-22-2005, 05:34 PM
http://community.webshots.com/user/watersedge286-date
the secret pictures of Jamie's college life

PURPLEPANSY
04-22-2005, 05:45 PM
A poka dot bikini..at this rate, I'll be wearing a poka dot moo-moo....

chubbyvixen
04-22-2005, 11:40 PM
Lol a polkadot moo moo....thats great! Everyone else should be pmsing here pretty soon. We all have it at pretty much the same time. Ugh...I dont feel bloated yet but I cant wait til I do :) Yeah right...

Lynn...her secret life?? Shes not naked in any of those pictures. Shes not doing anything dirty. They're on a public website. She has no reason to be mad at all. I think it might bother me a little if my mom was "looking" for me online. BUT I would get over it!

Ok, I hope this will be a good day. Yesterday went good except for the cravings. We went to Chilis and I ordered a salad with balsamic vinegarette. It was SOOO good. I also had mashed potatos with turkey bacon on them. Not bad. The ladie there said that they put 2.5 lbs of butter for every 10 lbs of potatoes!! Woah. I had about 1 1/2 cups of mashed potatoes. So, its really not that much butter. My goodness, thats alot of butter though.

Ok, going to eat breakfast.

Love y'all,
Deanne

o2bskinny
04-23-2005, 12:53 AM
Hi Vixens! I made it through my careting job and I didnt' cheat a bit! YEAA! I have been too busy to exercise beside the walk that Kim and I do in the mornings. Hopefully next week wont be as busy!

Lynn, you are so funny..........a polka dot moo moo! :lol: You made me crack up!

I think I am pmsing too. My periods are so screwed up I don't know what is going on, but I am sooooo hungry lately! So, that is what it has to be.

Deanne, hmmmmm, keep us informed! I wanna know what is going on with you girl!

Well, I am tired and I am going to bed.
I will check in tomorrow when I am not so tired.

candlelady4
04-23-2005, 07:02 AM
Hi girls I have been lurking for quite sometime and feel like this is where I need to be to get the motivation and support I need. If I may I would love to join in...

My name is Diane from Weatherford, Tx. I am 53 yrs. old, have two grown children and 3 Grandsons ages 14. 10 and 3 and a Grandaughter :D due in June. We are so excited to finally get a girl. I have worked all of my life but quit when the 3 yr. old was born to take care of him and have been doing that ever since. The baby will be his sister so I will have one more added to my babysitting. :dizzy: My husband Gary is retired so our days are spent enjoying Bradley the 3 yr. old.

I go to Curve's 3-4 days a week have been going now for nearly two yrs. I seem to be at a standstill now so the last two days I have started walking just hope I will continue to do it. I always start out with good intentions but never follow through. I live a block from the high school track so I have no excuse and I also go to Wal-Mart Supercenter and walk but I have to leave my purse in the car or I am in trouble. :devil:

I am trying to drink my water daily but my downfall is my eating. I seem not to have any will power anymore so hopefully talking daily with you all will help. I have lost weight on Atkins before it seems the only thing that works for me so I have to force myself to get back on track.

My daughter is having a couple of baby showers next month so I am hoping I can drop a little weight by then. I already bought a skirt and top but it sure would look better if I could get rid of that ridge on top of my hips, fat stomach etc. etc. I could go on and on about the problem areas. :)

Have a wonderful Sat. and I will check back later.

Hugs, Diane
:wave:

jessicamt
04-23-2005, 07:07 AM
Good Morning Vixens,
Its an early morning for me, I am here at work for our Zoo run, I had to be here at 5:30am, thats crazy on a saturday morning. But im here with a smile too :D . well did good yesterday till i got home :mad: we bar bqued so i had some fajita AND a small burger. You know i cant help to call my self a fat*ss when i do that.
If i could just stay at work 24/7 i would be so skinny, cause i can stick with it there.

I have been pretty moody here lately, so i think its about to be my time.

I feel so lonely here at work, no one is in the office, they are all out in the park. :?:

Well i guess i will try to find something to do, talk to you ladies later, bye bye.

Jessica

jessicamt
04-23-2005, 07:14 AM
Hey Diane, welcome to Curvy Vixens. I see you are in Weatherford, TX, I live in Arlington but was raised and work in Fort worth at the zoo. You will be able to find plenty of support here, this is the best support group. I have freinds that live in weatherford expecting a baby in about 4 or 5 weeks. I had just went to a baby shower i week ago at a park right by the courthouse in weatherford.
Its so exciting to have a fellow texan here, yay! Well hope to talk to you soon.

candlelady4
04-23-2005, 07:21 AM
Jessica thanks for the warm welcome, we are practically neighbors. I am hoping we will make it to the zoo before the weather gets too hot, good place to get some exercise too.

I am very excited about joining this group, hopefully it will make me accountable.

Have a good day....Diane

PURPLEPANSY
04-23-2005, 10:44 AM
Howdy Diane!! and welcome...

I had to laugh when you said you leave your purse in the car when you are at walmart. That store is just tooo dangerous. I was there yesterday buy my mom some birthday present plants for her garden and of course I had to buy some myself.

It is pouring here in upstate NY, the plan today is to go see amityville horrow and then go to walmart!! LOL Actually we need a new grill as we are grilling tomorrow for my mom's 65th birthday. Jamie is coming home tomorrow with Mike ( she wants grams to meet him)

Goals for today~
1. Drink all of my water
2. Eat all servings of fruits and vegis

Here's wish you all a happy and healthy saturday

chubbyvixen
04-23-2005, 11:49 AM
Oh how I miss Walmart. I couldnt imagine having one over here! I swear, everytime I call my mom, shes in walmart!
Diane- Welcome to the boards. So, you're on Atkins? Do you like it?

Lynn- Sorry about the rain...we dont get that here :) Hehe. How are you liking Mike??

Today, I did great on my food. I had oatmeal and an apple for breakfast. I had the best lunch. I had Amys cheese enchiladas and 1/4 cup of Uncle Bens 90 second Spanish Rice. It was soooo good!! I couldnt believe the store had that rice. I feel like we're 10 years behind the U.S.. I also had an apple for a snack and I always eat fruit about and hour before dinner. So, Im eating watermelon cubes. My favorite fruit. Not sure what Im having for dinner. I bought a whole bunch of Lean Cuisines. So thats what Ill probably have. Ive had ALOT of water today. Yay!

How is everyone else doing? How is your day so far?

Pmsing is causing a major slug effect. I even took a nap today. Hopefully, I will be able to sleep tonight. We'll see. If not, I can stay up and talk to y'all, right? :)

Love,
Deanne

jessicamt
04-23-2005, 12:02 PM
I AM SO BORED, i hate having to work on my off day.

Deanne- sounds like you are doing so well. I love walmart, but i dont think i could live without Target. I can live in Target.

Well i have done good so far, i am eating an apple right now, lalalala there is just nothing exciting going on here, except for people yelling at me on the phone, but thats my job lol.

talk to you all later

Jessica :cool: :cool: :cool:

chubbyvixen
04-23-2005, 12:08 PM
Omg, I love Target. I order stuff from the website all the time!! Inexpensive but it doesnt look like it. Even their clothes are cute.
Jessica- Do you have any kind of messenger? Or maybe we can get in the chat room?

jessicamt
04-23-2005, 12:11 PM
i am at work so i dont have any type of messenger, how do you logg into chat, cause i try and it never connects me.

chubbyvixen
04-23-2005, 12:26 PM
Well, I didnt even think about the fact that Im on my downstairs computer and we dont have java on it. You have to have java to chat. Anyway, Ill just keep posting on here.
Hows work so far? I would LOVE to work at a zoo.

candlelady4
04-23-2005, 12:27 PM
Oh I love Target too, they are building one in our town right now. It will be July though before it is open.

Jessica sorry you are so bored. How long do you have to work?

Thanks for the welcome Lynn and Deanne. Have patience with me it will take me awhile to get everybody straight.

I went to Wally World and did 30 minutes of walking and about the same shopping. :( Since I decided to get back on Atkins of course I didn't have a thing in the house to eat, so had to restock. I swear there is just the two of us and I spend a fortune at the grocery store, seems the more I try not to the more I spend. :?:

My goals for today are:

Drink my water
Walk :cheer: I did it!!
Eat low carb

I think I am going to go take a little nap, I have been up forever. I will talk to you all later.

Hugs, Diane

chubbyvixen
04-23-2005, 12:33 PM
Diane- we were posting at the same time. Good for you on walking!

My mom said that they built a SUPER target right outside of Jackson. Not fair! They would build it right after I leave.

Ok, my meal is in the microwave. Mmmm...pasta.

Love,
Deanne

o2bskinny
04-23-2005, 12:35 PM
Jessica, sorry you are bored out of your mind. It must be driving you nuts. Hang in there..this too shall pass!

Diane! WELCOME! :wave: I think you will like it here. It does make you accountable being in a support group. It is also very inspiring to hear stories from everyone doing well. I am on South Beach Diet and I love it. I am in my forth week. I weigh in on Mondays. I use to be a scale freak. I would get on it every day and get discouraged. Now it is once a week. The results are much better.

I love Walmart and Target. We just got a new Walmart here a couple months ago. I am in a small town, so you have to plan on extra time going in there cause you will run into everyone you know. I like though. Target is my all time fav. They have such affordable cute things.

I have done great today.....I went on a walk. GoddessKim (my neighbor for those of you who don't know) is at the ball park all day with her girls, so I asked my 9 year old daughter if she wanted to go.....she jumped at it. We had some good talk time and her pace was great! I catered that rehersal dinner last night and didn't eat any of the left overs. That is usually when we sit and eat, when it is over. I didnt touch it. YEA! It was all very fattening, starchy foods. I didn't touch the nanner puddin either!!! Glad that is over though. I am working on my water intake for the day. YUCK! and am getting ready to get a bite for lunch. You ladies have a great day!

jessicamt
04-23-2005, 12:49 PM
Good Job kim on resisting, i use to work catering events and some of the food was sooo good, and i didnt get it very often so of course i would eat it, but look where that got me :mad: lol.

Yea i love working here at the zoo, i love the people, but since its a non profit organization pay is not good at all. So pretty much if you work out here its only because you love it, not because of the pay. Thats why i am trying to look for a job right now, i have a interview next week ;) i hoe i get it, its more pay and more proffessional.

I wish i could go home, my sister is out and about and i wanted to spend time with my puppy mojo.

jessicamt
04-23-2005, 12:53 PM
lol i meant to say i hope i get it, i am not calling anyone a hoe :lol:

chubbyvixen
04-23-2005, 12:54 PM
Good job Kim!! I would have had a hard time if I was catering.

Jessica, good luck on your interview. Im sure you'll do great.

I just ate dinner...a Stouffers frozen dinner. It was 9 points but well worth every bite. Believe me, its all gone! That brings me to 2 points over my target points. Not bad since Im trying to eat all of my extra points each week. I may have some fruit before i go to bed too. If I can keep my eyes open long enough. Its funny, Im on an awesome schedule right now. I feel better about myself. But, by 8:30pm, Im in a coma. Hehe...

Ok, ill post tomorrow. I hope y'all have a great day. Be healthy! And happy!

Love,
Deanne

Kery
04-23-2005, 12:55 PM
Hello Vixens! Everyone having a good week-end so far? :)

Deanne - Thanks for sharing the experience! I can't wait now, I want these clothes to be here, between my hands, so that I can look at them as a constant reminder! :D I'm sure it can work better than just knowing that "someday, I'll have these clothes".

Diane - Welcome in! I hope you can drop the pounds you wish to drop for the baby showers :)

Little lesson of the day: next time that I go at the restaurant, I need to check the size of their salads first. The one they served me as <i>entrée</i> was HUGE, and I couldn't even finish my main meal after that (fortunately, said meal was a piece of duck, so it's not like I forced myself to gobble down French fries). I couldn't even squeeze a dessert in my stomach, which tells a lot :lol:

jessicamt
04-23-2005, 01:04 PM
Talk to you later Deanne.

Kery- Duck? i dont think i have ever tried it. Yea when i go to restaraunts ive noticed those salads are getting bigger and bigger. and you have to have dessert, what did you have?

I think i may be able to leave, someone is coming to fill in, yay im so excited. I am starving i think i may have boston market.

Well if i dont say bye later, bye for now

Jessica

chubbyvixen
04-23-2005, 01:11 PM
Oh I bet Jessica...you know you were callin us hoes!

Love,
Deanne

jessicamt
04-23-2005, 01:12 PM
lol your crazy deanne. ;)

o2bskinny
04-23-2005, 02:00 PM
Does this mean our next thread will be called Curvey Hoes? :lol:

Kery
04-23-2005, 02:15 PM
Jessica - I didn't have dessert, actually :) My BF and I anyway needed to depart earlier, as we had friends coming over and taking + eating a dessert would've made us late (with said friends waiting at the door under the rain). So this plus the lack of hunger gave me a good opportunity to not eat an ice-cream or something. I didn't even <i>want</i> one, in fact, which was a nice feeling.

PURPLEPANSY
04-23-2005, 09:01 PM
DUCK!!! I owned a pet duck.... she was killed in feb by a fox :mad:
I won't rattle ya too much Kery... but she was our family pet...:(.. the best pet I ever had...
reminds me of the afflec commerical.....

We went to see the amityville horror and it was very scary. I jumped out of my seat twice.. :devil:

chubbyvixen
04-23-2005, 10:56 PM
Hey curvy hoes...oh, i mean VIXENS...:)

Last night when I was posting, something was wrong with the thread on my screen. Some of the posts werent showing up. Anyway, I missed what Kery was saying. So, Kery, that must've been a HUGE salad!! At least you didnt eat those french fries...or dessert! See, so it was a good thing. That poor poor duck. Ducks are sooo cute!!

Ok, how did everyone do on their eating yesterday??

Love,
Deanne

Kery
04-24-2005, 04:09 AM
Oh yes Deanne, it was a huge one. I really didn't expect such a size, I thought it'd be some kind of small mixed salade, some lettuce, one egg, a few bits of ham and cheese, nothing more. Yuck. Even though it was a salad and it was very tasty, I still have the same feeling that I had when binging on packs of cookies and other things like that. I think I don't like feeling that full! :lol:

candlelady4
04-24-2005, 06:51 AM
Good morning Vixens....brrrrrr it is cold here this morning in Texas very unusual for this time of the year.

Today is a combined birthday party for my 3 yr. old and 14 yr. old Grandsons. My daughters husband has a huge family and they celebrate everyones birthday big time. There should be around 50 or more people there. I come from a nearly non existent family, my parents died when I was 6 and 7, nine months apart. I had an older sister by 12 yrs. so she and her hubby adopted me when I was 8 yrs. old. She passed away in 2000, so I felt as if I lost my Mom, Sister and my very best friend. We lived in the same town and were together all the time and that began my weight gain journey. She died of lung cancer at the age of 60 and I smoked also so 3 wks. after she died I laid them down which was the best decision I could have ever made but I packed on the lbs. I don't know how I got on this subject. :?: Well anyway back to the party I have got to have some major will power not to eat a piece of cake since sweets are my downfall. :(

I did really well yesterday with my eating but got on the scale this morning :o and I am up 2 lbs. I know, I know stay off the scale and that is something else I am going to have to work on. I have been put on a new antidepressant and it is known to cause weight gain, so I am weaning myself off of it and going to see if I can go without them. I have been on several for over 20 yrs. and I think I will try to get off them if I can.....we will see. I had a partial hysterectomy when I was 21 but I still go through pms even at this age and it always comes close to the last of the month. My eyes are swollen and I have a big zit on my nose, of course that would happen right before the birthday party. :o

Ok I have rattled on enough this morning, have a good day everyone. It is nearly 6 am so think I will get up and go to WMart and do my walking before it gets busy. Yesterday those dang shoppers kept getting in my way. :lol:

chubbyvixen
04-24-2005, 06:58 AM
Hey girls!!

Kery- Do you have Tesco brands in France? I know they have them in the UK but some of our stores import their products here. I love them!

Diane- Im sure you will do just fine at the party. Just have the willpower! All have to do is get through it! Oh and if you dont mind me asking, what kind of antidepressant are you on? Im on Effexor. I have been on numerous other kinds though. Its been hard to find the right one for me.

Ok, y'all have a great day! I think Im going to go get some movies.

Love,
Deanne

candlelady4
04-24-2005, 07:09 AM
No I don't mind you asking Deanne, I am on Lexapro. I am so hoping I can do without any medication at all, time will tell.

Have a good one girls, as you can see I haven't got off my butt yet to go walk.

Hugs, Diane

chubbyvixen
04-24-2005, 08:55 AM
Hey! I was on Lexapro almost 2 years ago. It didnt work for me though. I have heard very good things about it. I have been on Effexor now for a week. I really like it. Its the only antidepressant that has suppressed my appetite. It gives me this huge energy burst. Anyway, how long ago did you get on lexapro?

Love,
Deanne

chubbyvixen
04-24-2005, 08:56 AM
Oh where did you get your pictures of the lady running? That is too funny!

jessicamt
04-24-2005, 09:27 AM
Good Morning Vixens, well i am back here at work :mad: , i would much rather be at home in bed. It is really chilly here in tx. Yesterday all day it was kind of cold and then this morning, thats wierd, but we always get wierd weather here in tx, could be 80 degrees one day, then the next morning it is snowing, it happened on easter here lol. But we love it right Diane. :p

Well yesterday when i got off of work, i went with my sister to her hair dresser and just watched her get her hair done, then we went to eat at a mexican restaraunt, i really didnt like it too much, which is wierd cause i absolutely love mexican food. Then we went to my grandma's and i fell asleep. Then just went home and waited for joe to get home (my boyfreind). I didnt eat anything that night just didnt really want anything.

I was just wondering, how do you know if you need antidepressants? from the dr? or just the way you feel? Well i will be here all day, so looking forward to hearing from you all.

Jessica

chubbyvixen
04-24-2005, 09:34 AM
Hey Jessica...I guess you just feel different. For me, I would have days when getting out of bed seemed like ****. Im bipolar though. I was diagnosed with depression first though when I was really young. I had some bad anxiety problems too. Sometimes, I would really get analytical. I would analyze EVERYTHING. Its really hard to describe. If you think that you maybe depressed, go to a doctor. If you cant afford it, there are state mental health departments. Thats where I went in Mississippi and it was great. The doctors were really nice. Ok, anyway...email me if you need to Jessica :)

Love,
Deanne

jessicamt
04-24-2005, 09:49 AM
ooh ok, hmm i am not sure.

I am going to have to find something to do today, i brought at magazine (cosmopolitan) the one with Jennifer Lopez on the front. Then i can search around 3fc, hmm not sure after that.

Hey Diane, do you know Mike or Cindy McDaniel, i doubt you do, but those are our freinds from Weatherford. She is about to have a baby.

Oh how was amittyville horror Lynn? I so want to go see that. We watched some movie from Blockbuster called In the woods, its an older scary movie, OMG it was soo stupid. He had this sabortooth tiger mixed with wolk and rhino looking thing killing people and leaving body parts around people's houses. IT was dumb but i had a dream about it last night, i dont remember details but i know that stupid thing was in it. :mad: Never letting joe pick out another scary movie. :lol: I rented Raise your voice too, with Hilary Duff, my sister said it was good, she said she cried. I loved that one movie The notebook. oh man i cried and cried, even joe cried, even though he never admits it in front of his friends, he is just a big ole girl at times lol.

chubbyvixen
04-24-2005, 09:58 AM
I liked Raise Your Voice and The Notebook. That was a great movie!!

goddesskde
04-24-2005, 12:11 PM
I liked the notebook too.. Although I'm a book snob. I always read the book first and end up picking the movie apart lol. I did the same thing with that one. It followed the book ok, but it changed the ending COMPLETELY! I was disappointed with that. I would have liked to see the next book made into a movie and with Noah dead, they can't do that. (sorry if i spoiled the ending for you)
I've done pretty well with the diet this weekend. I spent alllll day at the ball field yesterday. Got there at 8:30 am and finally home at 6pm. It was chilly here. ok so it was 60, but windy as all get out. I kept shivering everytime a gust shot thru me. My girls played 6 games yesterday, needless to say they all slept in til 10 this morning lol. Exhausted.. completely exhausted. and a little sunburned to boot.
Well I hope everyone is doing well and I'll catch up with you soon!!

jessicamt
04-24-2005, 12:17 PM
Hey Kim, your girls play softball right? I was raised playing softball, that was all we did. But i just loved doing it, going to tournaments, staying with some of our team members, and playing softball all day long, i have come home many times exhausted and just burnt, lol but it was so much fun. Now i try to watch it whenever i can. I dont have any younger sisters or little girls where i can go watch them play, but i love watching college ball.

Now that i dont play i really do look back and see how much fun that was. And i loved it that my mom was there to watch everysingle game, rain shine, cold, hot, she was always there. Which was cool. She was the main one there on that fence yelling, she was your typical softball mom. Ilove her lol.

chubbyvixen
04-24-2005, 12:21 PM
Finally...there she is! I've been wondering where you were Kim. Its good to hear you're doing good.

For some reason, probably PMS, I just had major cravings. I wanted KFC like you wouldnt believe! So, I got on here. I have these cheese and onion small chip bags that are 3 points. They're low fat. They taste so good. So, I decided to try to trick my body into thinking that I was eating junk food. It worked. It made me wonder what y'all do when you have bad cravings??

Love,
Deanne

jessicamt
04-24-2005, 12:25 PM
i usually give in, i dont know why but sometimes i just cant resist. Alot of people have suggested to me to go and brush your teeth or do somthing else, but i mean if i really really want something sometimes i just have to have it. And thats fine everyonce in a while, but man not everyday. ((points at herself))

I really need suggestions too.

Jessica :?:

chubbyvixen
04-25-2005, 12:55 AM
Where in the heck is everyone????

candlelady4
04-25-2005, 06:52 AM
I sure hope everyone had a good weekend, sure did go by fast.

I went to the birthday party yesterday, it was so cute watching these little kids fishing and catching a little perch nearly every time they threw their hook out. I have some pictures I will post later. Only one bad thing.....I ate some cake. I am one sick person let me tell you. :( Oh well am going to pick myself up today and dust off and continue on.

I don't have much time this morning so I will check back later. Keep up the good work Vixens!!

chubbyvixen
04-25-2005, 08:15 AM
Ok girls...other than Diane...y'all are not posting. I hope everyone is doing ok. Do I have to fly back to the States and get y'alls butts on the computer??

Things are ok...I ate a fattening breakfast so for lunch, Im just eating a salad. Then, for dinner, I will eat a low point meal. Im not even going to count the points for breakfast. We ate at an American diner called Rics. Everything is fattening. I did manage to keep my portion low though.
Anyway, I got my mom to join WW again. She was on it a long time ago. I told her she needed to have something that she could do the rest of her week rather than for 6 weeks and be done with it. Oh and my aunt is also doing it.

Ok, I hope y'all are ok...

Love,
Deanne

o2bskinny
04-25-2005, 08:33 AM
Hi Diane! I love your walking lady..Her butt looks like mine! :lol:

Hey Deanne!! I am here. Don't know where everyone else is, but I am here! I weighed this morning and was a little disappointed. I only lost 1.5 pounds, so I am posting a 1 pound loss. I know that TOM is coming cause I am breaking out and hungry!!! My periods have been so screwed up lately, I don't really know when TOM will come except for the symptoms. Anyway, maybe that had something to do with no losing so much. Anyway, it is better than a gain, and I feel great!
So I will keep on chuggin! Glad your mom and Aunt are doing WW too. Do you talk to them much? Email? Good support there for all of you if you communicate regularly.

I am going on a walk with Kim here in a little bit and then giong to my sons school to help serve pizza! UGH! They had a hat contest for the best hat and my sons friend won. So he gets to invite 3 friends to eat pizza with him on the patio. My son was one of the 3 he picked. :D I really don't want to smell it or see it, but I know I must keep facing my fears! :^:

Well, I hope all you vixens are doing well!!! I will be checking in all day to see!

chubbyvixen
04-25-2005, 08:55 AM
That picture of the running lady is a hoot. Its so cute!!

Kim- When its my TOM, I get like that too. Im just trying to keep myself busy. I even added a journal thing to my website. So, that other people can keep their weight loss journals on it. BOREDOM. Anyway, 1.5lb lost is great!! Dont let it get you down. If you feel great, thats all that matters. Oh and I talk to my Mom through the DSN lines about every other day and I email my aunt. Its awesome support!

So, I saw this chick today that works with my husband. I have always been jealous over her for some reason. Shes tiny, tiny. Anyway, shes gained alot of weigh. I mean alot. This is just within like 2 months. The little devil inside me actually felt good about it! How awful is that? Or is it just human? Shes just such a b*tch. I really shouldnt feel this way. I felt like such a horrible person for feeling that way.

Ok, Ill be online for a while. Im bored, lazy, and trying to keep the cravings down.

Love,
Deanne

goddesskde
04-25-2005, 09:15 AM
Hey everyone.. sorry i haven't been on this weekend, but dang.. i havent had much time to breath much less post lol. Yesterday I spent all day out shopping. I bought 2 more batting helmets, 2 more softballs(mine keep coming up missing), shin gaurds, batting gloves, a bat bag.. sense a theme there? lol
I havent weighed in this morning yet, i'm sorta scared to lol. I know thats silly, but still. I went out to lunch with my friend yesterday and we had Lennys (sub shop) I did ok, wheat bread, roast beef, lettuce, pickles, onions and no dressing of any sort. But I know it still wasnt really on my diet. I'm gonna have to face up soon enough though...

jessicamt
04-25-2005, 09:28 AM
Good Morning, Vixens,
It has been a little slow here, Today is the first day back on track for me. Last week i was pretty sick but i am now completely over it. When i get off of work today i am heading to the gym and working out, I feel like such a bumm not working out all last week, i am really looking forward to it. I think my small goal now is just to get into the 180's, seems so small but that would make me feel pretty good. So i just need all the encouragement to get back in the swing of things, I want to go back to being a "loser." Ok well looking forward to posting today, cause i wont be doing too many things here at work, boring as usualy. Talk to you all soon.

chubbyvixen
04-25-2005, 09:28 AM
Hey KIM!!! Girl, dont worry about that! Just weigh yourself. You'll be fine! How is everything going with you? Other than being really busy?

Love,
Deanne

goddesskde
04-25-2005, 09:44 AM
Things are going just fine here. I'm just trying to get used to being really really busy again. It happens every year at this time so it's no big shocker. I just have to fit orthodontist appointments in with the games and practices. Plus my girlfriends daughter is hitching rides with us to and from games when her mom works. She usually rides the bus in with my daughter so I dont have to go run around to pick her up. It was chilly at the ball field this weekend but i still managed to get a bit of a sun burn on my nose and cheeks. And now my freckles are coming out big time lol.. the kids are all doing the ha ha moms got freckles dance. (they all have TONS of freckles)

jessicamt
04-25-2005, 10:00 AM
aww thats cute Kim. You know you sound just like my mom, you are SUPER MOM :cool: , LOL my mom use to running around all over the place, and now that i look at it, man she was great, as are you.

ok, this may seem kind of insignificant, but to me it was kind of like aww what a sweetie. Yesterday me and Joe were watching TV, and a comercial about a man proposing to a lady came on, and i was like awww, and smilling and almost started crying cause it was so sweet they way he did it. Let me tell you all how it went. They were in Paris vacationing, and the lady seen her parents sitting onthe steps of some building, when she seen them she said mom and dad? Then turned toward the guy and he was on one knee and proposed, with the most gorgeous ring, of course. Then everybody was cheering. Well that was really sweet, then Joe says, you know what we dont have a anniversary. We met on the internet, a really long time ago. Talked online for a year, then on the phone for a year, before ever meeting, and when we did it was just right, so six months after meeting eachother face to face, but knowing eachother already 2 and a half years, we moved in together. But, we never had a official day that we got together, so we were talking about it, and decided it was around dec 16th. Beucase that was when he kind of asked me out. cheesy i know, but joe is not much of a guy that is about anniversaries or PDA or anything like that, only in the private of our own home. So it was kind of sweet of him. I am probably making this a whole lot bigger than what it is, but sometimes he just surprises me. lol or it may be the marriage bug i have, its just a itch to get married lol silly me.

chubbyvixen
04-25-2005, 10:05 AM
Awww...I think thats so sweet!!! Nic and I met on the internet too. It was hard for us to figure out an anniversery for us at first too. When we met online or in person. Anyway, I think that is adoreable Jessica!

Love,
Deanne

jessicamt
04-25-2005, 10:10 AM
did nic officially propose, or was it a mutual thing to get married? If he did propose how did he do it.

chubbyvixen
04-25-2005, 10:25 AM
Nope. We were concerned about living together over here and not being married. Its against the law here. He said he would do what it took to be with me. So, we got married on June 4th and he left on June 5th. No one knew about it. My mom came to say bye to him at the airport and then we drove back to Jackson. I wanted to stay with her until I left. So, I told her that night when we got back. Nothing too romantic. It worked for us though. Nic had already sold his car. So, we had to drive his parents beat up old van to Alabama. It was funny.

Love,
Deanne

jessicamt
04-25-2005, 10:35 AM
lol, how long of a drive was that in that van?

Its so ugly here, raining and really cool.

chubbyvixen
04-25-2005, 10:41 AM
It was about an hour. His parents have 2 of the same kind of vans. They have a brand new one and a realllyyy old one. We got the old one. It broke down when we got back. Hehe. His parents didnt know that we got married until 2 weeks later. It was all crazy. We just knew that it was something that we had to do on our own. So, when we're planning our actual wedding now.

Ugh sorry about the weather. I dont miss that about Mississippi. They have bad storms. Its always beautiful here. I can get used to this :)

How are you doing on the diet?

Love,
Deanne

chubbyvixen
04-25-2005, 10:44 AM
Oh...you know those 70s looking Econoline vans...they look like hippie vans? Yup, taht was us...it was various shades of brown. Awesome.

jessicamt
04-25-2005, 10:46 AM
Well, last week i did horrible. But today so far, i am doing good. I just got a call for a interview tomorrow, i hope it goes well, its with a very professional company, so im pretty excited.

I really have to stick with it and start getting a little more strict. how are you doing so far?

chubbyvixen
04-25-2005, 10:59 AM
Im doing ok. Other than a fattening breakfast. I kept it to a small portion though. The rest of the day I just ate a salad and then a very small dinner. Its almost bedtime for me. Its 7pm. Im such a loser!

Im so ready to have this weigh off. I want a tiny hiney. Im so inpatient. I wish I could wake up and it would all be gone :)

I hope your interview goes well! Ill take your place at the zoo.

Love,
Deanne

jessicamt
04-25-2005, 11:03 AM
lol yea a lot of people want my place here.

I know i wish you could go somewhere and your fat can just melt off. lol that would be awesome. I was watching old desperate housewives, and there is a scene when one of the lady's just have a bra and panties, and she is older, she had an amazing body, her stomach had these cute lines in them. not too muscular but very very toned. lol i know i will never have a body like that, but it would be nice just to be close to that. But those ladies are super super skinny.

chubbyvixen
04-25-2005, 11:09 AM
Yea i can relate. I want that body too. Maybe one day. Doubtful.

Woops....our clock is wrong, its only 6. I went to go get Nic up for training an hour early. He was NOT happy.

jessicamt
04-25-2005, 11:12 AM
uuhhoohhh, are you already ready for bed? its only 6, i get like that too, i think one time last week i went to bed at 6:30 and slept all night, that was too much sleep.

goddesskde
04-25-2005, 11:12 AM
Super mom?? Nah, more like super crazy mom lol.. or super tired mom... or super cranky mom lol. I'm always on the go here, i know, i should be thankful but sometimes I need time to just hang out and be alone. My husband is sweet and I get to do that most weekends, but during ball season i lose my weekends..

candlelady4
04-25-2005, 11:41 AM
Glad you all liked my walking lady.

In answer to your question Jessica, no I don't know your friends that are from Weatherford. This town is growing so much it is unbelievable, not sure if I really like the growth. :Loved your romantic story Jessica, really sweet of Joe. :) I wish you good luck with your interview and staying with your program, it is such a hard thing to do for me. When I was young and much thinner I could decide to lose weight and I stuck with it until I did now I lost all of my will power somewhere through the yrs.

I didn't weigh today.... :devil: I am going to wait until next Monday, afraid to weigh since I had the cake yesterday. :o I did go work out at Curve's this morning but didn't get my walking in, I am a little tired today and we are expecting storms so didn't want to get caught in them, sounds like a good excuse, doesn't it?

Deanne you have a romantic story too, sometime simple is the very best.

Kim you sound like one busy lady but so nice of hubby to help out on the weekends. I always loved ball season but remember how hard it was on all of us we never had a decent meal during the whole season. I wish my Grandsons played ball they did for awhile but quit. :(

Well my gosh the sun is out now and shining bright, this is some weird weather today hopefully no storms. The storms in Texas are not pretty sometime, right Jennifer?

Better run and go finish my laundry...

goddesskde
04-25-2005, 11:47 AM
Ok, I managed to drop 1 pound, not sure if thats from my stomach doing flip flops today or from actually sticking to plan, but I'll take it. I woke up feeling a bit iffy, thought it would go away, but it seems to be getting worse. Oh well, this to shall pass. It has to, my kids schedules are to packed for me to be ill lol. Today we have an ortho appointment at 430, ball practice at 5:30 and a game at 6.. then I'll have to try to make dinner and get everyone ready for school tomorrow morning. LOL guess I had better thaw something out now!!!

jessicamt
04-25-2005, 11:48 AM
Yea storms here are pretty wierd at ttimes, cause here in fort worth it keeps raining and thundering. i guess it is just moving this way from Weatherford.

OK i just got the call from the lady about the job, and i have a interview with her tomorrow at 12:45pm, ok ladies i need your help, if you have any pointers for me please give them to me, i seem to do ok on interviews but when its time for me to ask questions i never know what to say, any thoughts? just anything would help me right now.

jessicamt
04-25-2005, 11:55 AM
hey kim, you coming down with a stomach virus? i had the same thing and it was not fun. but i think it only lasted me about 3 days. But hopefully your not. wow 1 pound good job, you're doing great.

Hey Diane, I am sure you will reach your goal, you can do, us TX ladies are strong, also us CURVY VIXENS are strong :cool: . we all can do it.

Well i am going to look up a couple of things.

Jessica

chubbyvixen
04-25-2005, 12:02 PM
Well, I was thinking it was almost 7. So, I ate dinner and everything. Haha. Im such an idiot. Oh well, at least Im not eating right before bed. So, now Im just hanging out, waiting for Nic to go to work. Poor thing, hes exhausted. His company has gone over 90 days without giving him a day off. I hate his company! Hes going on leave on the 1st for 15 days...PAID! Yay! At least he can enjoy his time off without having to worry about not getting paid.

Kim, maybe its just nerves. I mean, you're really busy and you're trying to diet. How many kids do you have? You do sound like super mom!!

Love,
Deanne

chubbyvixen
04-25-2005, 12:04 PM
Oh and Kim...1 lb is great!

goddesskde
04-25-2005, 12:05 PM
I doubt its a stomach virus. I'm just prone to digestive issues. It'll go away by the end of the day. Another great trait i inherited from my Dad lol. Along with his half wavy hair and bad eyesight lol. It's not like IBS, but any changes to my routine or diet (thought i was over that) upsets my system and throws it into a tailspin. It'll work itself out.

goddesskde
04-25-2005, 12:06 PM
I have 4 girls deanne, 12, 9, 7 and 4.. they are busy busy busy busy... and in effect so am i

chubbyvixen
04-25-2005, 12:09 PM
My mom has issues with her stomach sort of like that. Really sensitive. Wow! Four girls! Thats crazy! I bet they're so much fun though.

goddesskde
04-25-2005, 12:09 PM
My husband laughs at me and says he's married to an old woman. I have metamucil sitting on the counter and I take calcium supplements lol..

chubbyvixen
04-25-2005, 12:13 PM
Lol...Nic is 3 years older than me and I call him an old man. Geriatric Nic.

goddesskde
04-25-2005, 12:15 PM
They are a lot of fun, but that 12 yr old is gonna kill me. Total ball of hormones all the time. She started her period last year and she's the pms queen. She rolls her eyes a lot and slams doors. She also has the "help, i'm talking and i cant shut up" syndrome

goddesskde
04-25-2005, 12:16 PM
Dan's 9 months older than I am..but he doesn't really take care of himself that well. He's 6 ft tall 165lbs soaking wet. Stick boy as i fondly call him, doesnt exercise, eats way to much junk..

jessicamt
04-25-2005, 12:23 PM
Yea kids around that age are a handful, my aunt has a 13 year old girl and sometimes i just can t be around her.

yea joe is not exactly a fit guy, he works on the railroad and those guys dont know anything about eating right. he is 6'1 250. He does have alot of muscle's but fat too, but he is still a cutie hehe ;)

goddesskde
04-25-2005, 12:28 PM
Its a little unnerving to weigh the same as your hubby though lol..another reason I'm trying to kick off some of this weight. I'd rather not look like laurel and hardy when we go out ..

PURPLEPANSY
04-25-2005, 01:14 PM
vixens.. sooo many posts...
I'm atta loss for words...:)

PURPLEPANSY
04-25-2005, 01:29 PM
aunt flo made her arrival this am... grrrrr I'm happy it is here, so this pmsing will go away.

I treasure the day's I ran around with my kids. I remember how hectic it was and how crazy meal times where. I was always on the go. When my kids were 7 and 10 I went back to nursing school. I look back and wonder how I did it!! I coached a travel cheerleading squad and was part of the PTA. I think alot of my 'buzzyness' was me not looking at myself. I was heavier then, about 15 pounds. I rarely looked in the mirror or put makeup on.
When I lost alot of weight in 99 I had professional pics done. I couldn't believe that was me. I had people I knew for years tell me that not only my weight changed but my attitude. I wore jeans, heels, makeup. I wore color!! Pink's, corals... I dyed my hair light blonde and I took up dancing again. So what happened??????????????????????????
I gained 80 percent of the weight back. I'm back to stretchy pants and I have that I don't care attitude again. I wish I could bottle up the drive I had back in 1999.
I know part of it is the depression I have endeared my whole life. The zoloft helps but I want off of it ( down to 25mg now).
I'm attending OA with my friend this evening. I get anxiety when I think of going. I hear stories that make me cry and better yet it makes me THINK.
I'm trying to be more positive. I'm trying to see things half full instead of half empty. I'm tired of being down on myself. I'm thinking of ordering tony robbins tapes.. sigh.. I dunno..
speaking of hubby's and bf's... I met mine in hs...I was 16. I know I am very lucky that our marriage has lasted and we still love each other. Marriage is hard work thou, it is; give; than it is ;take.

Deanne~ I had laugh when you said that girl gained weight.... LOL

chubbyvixen
04-25-2005, 01:43 PM
Lynn- Thats so inspiring that you and your husband have been together that long! Nic and I met in January of 2004 and married in June of 2004. It was fast but we knew it was right. It is very hard work but totally worth it! Im glad you laughed at that girl getting fat...Im not the only one! How is it coming off the zoloft? Are you ok? Do you plan trying anything else?

Ok chicks, its my bedtime. Finally, I thought this day would never end. I was so bored!! I hope y'all have a good rest of your day...I know its mid day for y'all.

Love,
Deanne

jessicamt
04-25-2005, 01:45 PM
i feel the same way too Lynn, sometimes i get really down on myself.
But we just have to turn it around and do whatever we have to for ourselves.

Wow, in highschool, thats cute. What age were you when you got married?

I just had a healthy choice mandarin chicken it was ok, tasted kind of peanut buttery.

jessicamt
04-25-2005, 01:50 PM
Good Night Deanne, talk to you tomorrow.

kclay61
04-25-2005, 02:17 PM
Hey everyone ~wave~ I am down 1lb this week - wish it was more but I will take it - Speaking of movies, The Notebook reminded me SO much of my parents - especially the part where she forgets who he is and he is sitting on the bed crying, UGH!

I met and married my DH in 4 months. We've been together ever since. I was 17 he was 19. June will be our 26th anniversary. Has it been easy? **** no. But we stuck with it. I think we laugh more, now, than we did when we were kids.

Deanne I had to laugh when I read what you wrote, about that girl. I think it's normal to feel that way.....just remember, your DH goes home with YOU not her ;-)

goddesskde
04-25-2005, 02:55 PM
I met my DH when i was 11. We were friend until 14 and stared dating on and off thru out high school. We married at 19 and have been married for nearly 14 years. It's not easy, sometimes it feels like a daily struggle with the kids and marriage, but it's well worth it. I wouldn't trade a single day for anything.

goddesskde
04-25-2005, 04:05 PM
Ok where did everyone go????

jessicamt
04-25-2005, 04:06 PM
i know it got really slow for a while. I am still here just looking up interview tips for my interview tomorrow, im kind of nervous. :^:

candlelady4
04-25-2005, 04:19 PM
:cheer: Both Kims, congrats on losing 1 lb., sure beats the heck out of gaining. I hope you get to feeling better.

candlelady4
04-25-2005, 04:26 PM
Here is my story :) . I met Gary when I was 16 and he was 22, we met in Oct. and married in June when I was 17. We have been together 36 yrs. as of the 7th day of June this year. He is absolutely my very best friend. :D

jessicamt
04-25-2005, 04:28 PM
That is so sweet.

candlelady4
04-25-2005, 04:50 PM
Here is a pic of my little Bradley at his party with one of the little girls.
Hugs, Diane

o2bskinny
04-25-2005, 10:04 PM
candlelady, Awww! Your son is adorable! And thanks for the support in my big 1 pound loss! :D You are right It is much better than a gain any day! I am getting the kids in bed and off to ride my bike a few miles.

Later chickies!

chubbyvixen
04-25-2005, 11:32 PM
YAY Kim and Kim...losin weight. I know it may not seem like alot but you didnt gain. You should be proud!

Lets see...NIc and I met January 19th and married June 4th. Thats almost 5 months. I think 3 of us girls have June anniverseries.

This is how dumb my husbands company is. I absolutely hate his company. Remember the guy that got into a car wreck? Well, the company is garnishing his wages until the insurance company files his claim! So, hes basically going to be working for free. Poor guy. I think thats terrible. His wife was supposed to come next month but now he doesnt have any money.

Anyway, how is everyone??

Love,
Deanne

o2bskinny
04-26-2005, 12:58 AM
Hi Deanne! My hubby and I will celebrate our 18th anniversary June 20. Annother June anni! We dated 5 years before we married. I was (15 barely) and he was 18 and a college boy! hehe. My parents thought he was 17. He opened his mouth once about going to vote.......my mom caught it......."Well, you have to be 18 to vote!!!!". But she and my dad were already hooked. They loved him from the first time they met him. We were engaged Dec of 86 and married June of 87. We have had some VERY difficult times, but we have gotten through them. I do believe I would die without him. I just can't imagine. I have had dreams of him having affairs and I wake up in a sweat and my heart is literally broken till I wake up enough to realize it was a dream. Those are the worst dreams!!!! Anyway, I do believe we are soul mates. Actually, I have no doubt. Then in 91 our son was born and our daughter in 96. Life is good! That is my story and I'm stickin to it!

NOW IF I COULD JUST GET SKINNY AGAIN!!!!!!!
Ok, tomorrow is another day.
Goodnight ladies!

o2bskinny
04-26-2005, 01:00 AM
Deanne~Oh, you said you and Nic met Jan 19! That is my daughters b/day!!!!! What a good day that is! ;)

chubbyvixen
04-26-2005, 03:31 AM
Kim, your story is so sweet. I have had those dreams too. Its weird how you can wake up a literally feel that way. Its scary. Yep, Nic and I met on Jan. 19th on the internet. He was working offshore and left to go 3 days later. He was 2 weeks on 1 week off but they had to keep him for 3 weeks that time. So, we talked for hours everynight and day. Then, in February, he drove to Jackson and picked me up. I went back to Biloxi and stayed with him and his parents. His mom told me that they like me better than his ex wife. So, I was hooked :) We were only able to spend a week together and then he had to leave. The next week that we had together, we got a house and I moved down to Biloxi.

I know we havent been married long but I dont know what I would do without him or his family. His sister was murdered 10 years ago. She had just had a baby. So, Nic and his parents raised Dillon from 3 months old. Hes still with Nics parents so I spent alot of time with him. I fell in love with him too.

Anyway, enough babbleing. Sorry girls. I get to typing an just cant stop :)

Love,
Deanne

candlelady4
04-26-2005, 04:42 AM
Good morning gals most of you are still asleep, you lucky dogs!! I see Deanne is up but I guess it is afternoon or so there.What time is it? How long will you and Nic be there?

Kim that little one is my Grandson, wish I was young enough to have him for a son....haha!! Oh not really sure don't want to go through that again. ;)

Confession time for Diane....we just got a Chick-fil-lae (SP) here and the pms took over last night and I had one for supper. OMG it was delicious, but sure doesn't fit into my eating plan. :o I am going to Curve's and walking today so I will work extra hard. :D

Enjoyed reading your stories girls, marriage is hard but hang in there it is worth it. My best advice to all of you is don't fight nothing is ever gained from it except hurt. Blow off the small stuff.

I will be back later.

Hugs, Diane

My goals for today:

Eat right
Drink 64 oz. water at least
Walk for at least 30 minutes
Curve's

chubbyvixen
04-26-2005, 05:14 AM
Diane...please dont talk about Chik-Fil-A....Chik-Fil-A and I had to break up when I moved over here and joined WW. I just still can't talk about it without getting upset :)

It's about noon here. Nic and I plan on staying in the Middle East for 5-6 years but who knows. We'd like to raise our kids in this country. I have to say its the best place for kids!

Oh they're having this Arabic tent sale. They have all the vendors from the Souq
(market) there. They have fabrics, shoes, bedding, everything you can imagine. So, I bought some Arabic oils. They stay on longer than perfume and smell great! I think I want to go back and get some belly dancing stuff. They have the sheer wraps that you wrap around your waist with the gold jewels that make the noise when you dance on them. So cute!

Ok, just working on my website. I added some stuff to it. And for the South Beach girls, I will add some things too later.

Love,
Deanne

candlelady4
04-26-2005, 05:37 AM
Sorry to have reminded you of it Deanne. :) Look at it this way you have lost weight and I haven't, so you are much better off, hehe.

Wow 5-6 yrs. you all must really like it over there. When will you get to come back for a visit? Do you get homesick?

chubbyvixen
04-26-2005, 05:40 AM
Oh my Gosh...I get very homesick. Im really close to my Mom so I miss hanging out with her. We're not sure when we're coming home. Maybe Christmas. I hope.

Love,
Deanne

o2bskinny
04-26-2005, 07:43 AM
Diane, So your grandson is adorable..Sorry about that. Did I make you feel any younger? :lol: At least you got to enjoy a meal. Do you like going to Curves? I was thinking a lot about going. hmmmm.

Deanne, you said Nics sister was murdered about 10 years ago. Where did it happen? My husbands brother was murdered in September of 1982 (2 weeks after we met!) In Memphis. It was a very brutal and violent murder and we have had to fight parole many, many times. The process was so painful. He still has no remorse.It has been a horrible thing for his family. It resulted in a loss of their business, and a divorce between his mom and dad. I feel for Nic. My moms brother was also murdered in Alabama in 86. It is something no one can understand until they have been there. Amazing what families have to endure isn't it?

Well, I am going to go for now. Didn't mean to depress anyone. I will check back later. :wave:

Kery
04-26-2005, 07:54 AM
Hey Vixens! :)

Wow, things moved faster that I'd have thought in this thread, I've had a lot to catch up! :lol: When I think that all I did was being away, what, 36 hours, to finish my commissioned work and start working on another illustration (I wanted to test CorelDraw before buying, this will be enough until I can afford the Adobe suite)!

Deanne - To answer your question from, err, 2 days ago, I'm not sure if we have the Tesco brand in my country (I'm not exactly sure also of what it is). I'll have to check. I suck when it comes to these, usually I remember what to buy not by its name, but by its color and shape (and I'm screwed when they change the packagings >.<). Gee :)

Ah, little question, did any of you watch a movie called "Shallow Hal" (or something like this, I'm not sure I properly caught the title)? It's the one with a guy who only wants beautiful women, then one day he's given the ability to see the inner beauty instead of the outer one, and meets a very pretty girl (kind, spiritual, amusing, etc etc) who turns out to be very overweight "in reality". I've been told about it, just not knowing if it's worth it, or one of those batches of usual "gimmicks" about overweight people (I know that such a theme can be, uhm, very badly developed in movies/TV) :rolleyes:

chubbyvixen
04-26-2005, 08:15 AM
Kim- This happened in Biloxi. Her body was never found. They are positive that her boyfriend(Dillons dad) did it. Nic said that they just know he did. There was never enough evidence though. Its very sad. I know it makes it even harder not having closure. I have always said that one day they should take the story to 20/20. Because there is so much new technology these days.

Kery- I've seen that movie. Its so funny! Its also a very sweet story in the end!

Love,
Deanne

chubbyvixen
04-26-2005, 08:16 AM
Oh, I added a whole bunch of links to my site. Y'all might like them. Its a lot of weight loss sites. Check it out if you want.

http://munozchick.tripod.com/

chubbyvixen
04-26-2005, 08:23 AM
Oh...TO EVERYONE!!!

What is your favorite inspiring, funny, weight loss quote? I want one to put on the top of my webpage!

Love,
Deanne

goddesskde
04-26-2005, 09:39 AM
Kery, its an absolutely hilarious movie! Sweet at the end too. It makes you look at being over weight in a different way though. They put Gwenyth Paltrow in a fat suit...OMG you wouldnt even recognize her.
I suppose i should throw on some clothes, i wouldn't want to go for my walk in my skivies, sure would give the neighbors something to talk about though lol!! I'll be back in a little while.

sassydetermined
04-26-2005, 11:10 AM
hey girls. I am new here. I was referred to this section of the forum by Deanne. :) I am 21 and live in Florida. I have been doing WW for 4 months now and have lost about 36 pounds but trust me there is much more to go. I have been depressed about this lately because it seems its not working as well as it used to anymore. I hope i can find new motivation in you ladies! I love this place so far. Is everyone in this section doing WW or what are you ladies doing? Anyways hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday!

goddesskde
04-26-2005, 11:24 AM
I'm on the South Beach diet, as well as one of the other Kim's on the board. We all use different diet methods, but support each other in whatever plan we choose.
I went on my walk with Kim this morning. It's looking like it's gonna rain like the dickens in a bit. Sigh.. rainy days always make me sleepy lol

chubbyvixen
04-26-2005, 12:42 PM
Hey girls! Sarah...Im glad you joined us!

Things are good here...just bored. How is everyone?

Love,
Deanne

chubbyvixen
04-26-2005, 01:43 PM
Ummk...Im going to lay down. I took an allergy pill thats making me drowsy. I'll post in the morning. Night chicks!

Love y'all,
Deanne

jessicamt
04-26-2005, 03:46 PM
Hey Ladies,

Welcome sassy, glad you have joined us. I am just counting calories and trying to workout, but i have gotten off track and need to get back on.

Well today was my interview, it went really well, but now i am having second thoughts. I really do love it here at the zoo, i have the freedom to do almost anything i want. Take off any time i want, but if i were to go there it would be youjust be here from this time to this time no questions asked. They are very strict, and only want things done one way. I dont know if i can get use to something like that after pretty much doing whatever i want to do here. i know since my boyfreind Joe's family doesnt live here we like to leave on a thursday sometime to go and visit them and stay the whole weekend, and i wouldnt be able to do that there. So i may not take it just because i really do like it here. aaahh i dont know what to do. i guess money isnt everything, especially if i like it here so much.

i guess i am just going to have to think about it more.

candlelady4
04-26-2005, 04:00 PM
Welcome Sassy, I am new here too but just love the girls, you will too.

Good night Deanne.

Jessica you need to think long and hard on this. I learned from experience you have to be happy in your job and if you're not you won't stay long. I feel this new job isn't right for you or you wouldn't be having any doubts, and you are right money isn't everything. It may be that the timing is wrong. :)

I have been dragging most of the day. I did get in Curve's and a 20 min. walk though. I sure do hope I sleep tonight. :) I've done good on my eating so far not very hungry today for some reason, probably by tonight I will be starving.

Yes Kim you made me feel young.... :D

Time to go watch Dr. Phil be back later.

jessicamt
04-26-2005, 04:04 PM
oh man i wish i could watch dr phil, i love his show, i may have to record it. what is he about today?

Yea, i dont think this job is not right for me.

Well i fgured why i am eating everything in sight, TOM, which sucks. Good Thing i have the next 2 days off so i can relax,, the first couple of days are horrible for me. Hopefully its sunny outside and i can lay out to get some sun on my legs, whoa man i need to. Well talk to you ladies soon.

Jessica

gottadoit
04-26-2005, 10:30 PM
Hi there... I am a teacher from TX, who as of Sunday has a miracle one year old *ivf baby*... with all the fertility meds and preg I gained weight I thought I was getting rid of... ending breastfeeding has been a kick back to reality. I am now 150 want to be 130 or 125 (ideally).... I have a serious self control issue... while preg and bf I could eat anything...now...YIKES anything I eat just sits....on me...my mind, my hips, my belly....

Any support and helpful advice would be great if I am welcome!

o2bskinny
04-26-2005, 11:17 PM
Deanne, I am trying to think of one of my favorite weight loss quotes. I am drawing a blank right now. I am tired, so I will get back to that one.

Sassy, I am the other kim that goddess kim was talking about that is on the South Beach Diet. I have had no problems with it yet. And I feel better than I have in a long time. Kim and I walk (we are next door neighbors) and I try to do some other form of exercise during the week. I got a Yoga video that is great and I have a stationary bike that was previously used to hang clothes on! I am now actually riding it some! I am glad you came over to our board. I know you will love it!

Jessica, I wish you the best on making a decision about your job. I know you will make the right choice. Just think about it really good before you make any decisions. Good luck!

Hi gottadoit! Welcome! And a big congrats on your family addition! That is great! Do you have a boy or a girl? I know you are thrilled and lovin every minute of it. Unfortunately, having a baby changes the whole chemistry of our bodies. Not fair! I know mine has totally changed. I now have allergies, am overweight....I think my metabolism was born with my baby. I have none left. I too, use to be able to eat anything. What a bummer when I realized one day that I couldn't! It is a whole new way of living. New baby, new eating habits. Are you on WW? Or any other plan? You will get lots of support here. Oh, what grade do you teach?

Well, it has been a long day. And tomorrow I have to be at my sons school to sell t shirts. That means Kim and I are going to walk at 7:15! It is nice having someone to walk with, otherwise I probably wouldnt do it. Hey, THANKS KIM! I AM GLAD YOU ARE MY WALKING BUDDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Later curvey vixens!

chubbyvixen
04-27-2005, 02:36 AM
Hey chickas...

Jessica- Im glad things went well for you. I agree with Diane, you should love your job. Take your 2 days off to relax and decide what you want girl. We're all here for you. Oh and just be glad you have Dr. Phil. We have it here but its hard to catch it and they're old episodes. So, I get on the Dr. Phil website sometimes.

Gottadoit- Welcome and CONGRATS!! That is so amazing! Oh and I love your screen name. Do you have a diet plan in mind?

Kim- You are so luck to have her to walk with! Shes sending me her WW stuff which is really sweet. I can really use it. As a thank you, I'm going to send her something "Arabian". Anyway, if you think of a quote, just let me know. How is everything going with you?

Ok, Im in a great mood today! This is my second week(i think) on Effexor and things are really great. Ive never felt better. Had oatmeal for breakfast...what a surprise!! Still, it fills me up. I think I will get on the trampolene later.

Love,
Deanne

lateralus98
04-27-2005, 03:52 AM
Hey guys! I'm Rachel and I'm a 17-year-old college student from Nebraska. I've been on here about 2 weeks and I post in the Christian Encouragers thread, too. I saw this group and it caught my eye. I'd definitely love to join.

Right now, I'm trying to lose 58 more pounds, to weigh-in at 115 lbs. My goal is to reach my target weight by December 31st, but we'll see! So far, I've lost 12 pounds, so I'm pretty confident about my abilities. At least, I hope.

Well, I better get to bed. It's pretty late over here....

chubbyvixen
04-27-2005, 05:11 AM
Hey Rachel...welcome to the group! We're here for encouragement...to give it and recieve it. Way to go on the 12lb lost! What sort of diet plan are you on?

Love,
Deanne

candlelady4
04-27-2005, 06:25 AM
I'm running a little late this morning so have to make this fast.

Welcome Rache so glad you dropped in. You will get the motivation you need from this group I promise.
:D

gottadoit love your name too, that needs to be my motto. :) I am from Texas too from Weatherford. What city are you in? Good luck with your weight loss.

Deanne so glad you are feeling better with Effexor.

Hubby is going fishing all day so I have a ton of stuff to get done since he won't be here messing up as fast as I clean up. :mad:

Have a good morning, bbl.

chubbyvixen
04-27-2005, 07:00 AM
Diane, where do you get the animations that are in your signatures?

PURPLEPANSY
04-27-2005, 08:44 AM
howdy vixens!! and welcome to all the newbies... ((wavin hi))

I have the worse cold!!!! I feel like poop. I have nothing going today so I'm going to take come cold medication and sack out on the couch. My throat is on fire, yuck, compliments of my husband... grrrr

I had a bit of a tiff with a friend last week. She said something I didn't like and I called her on it. She came back at me with a vengance and we haven't spoken in a week. I've know her for 15 years. I was a wreck all week and blamed myself for bringing it up. But after thinking about it I realized what she said was wrong and I have a right to my feelings. Yesterday she emailed me asking what she said, so for the up-teenth time I told her. She wrote me back that my TRUE anger was at my husband and NOT her.!!! I read this and thought, this woman is crazy!!! I wrote her back an un pleasant email, writing that she has no compassion and she is one-sided, I didn't want an apology just some acknowledgment. Finally after a week of this nonsense another friend stepped in and told her that she was wrong and if she wanted the friendship she should say she is sorry. I recieved a wonderful sincere apology but I know deep in my heart that our other friend pushed her into it and it isn't genuinly from her heart. I'm just accepting it and moving forward.. thought I'd share that...

I went to OA on monday night and got alot out of the meeting. I've been having alot of anxiety lately about going and accepting the fact i'm having problems with foods. I've been binging ever since.
I feel so ill this am with all the food i ate and this rotten cold. I'm starting over again this am and I"m sticking to my plan, this binging has to stop... thanx for listening...

deanne I see you are online... how are you doing???

PURPLEPANSY
04-27-2005, 08:45 AM
DIANE~~ your signature is hysterical..LOL I love it..

chubbyvixen
04-27-2005, 08:55 AM
Hey Lynn! Its really great to hear from you.

Sorry about what happened with your friend. Think about it this way, you should feel good that you stood up for yourself. Also, even if your other friend did push her to apologize, apologies are still very hard. So, at least she let go of her pride a little and did it. Im proud of you for calling her out on it. To me, if someone says something that bothers you that much, if you keep it in, it will bother you even more. Also, if you would've kept it to yourself, you may resent her later on. So, its over now and you did the right thing!

I'm also sorry that you're not feeling well. I'm glad that the OA meetings have opened your eyes. Don't feel bad for binging. Get passed it. Theres nothing you can do now but change your habits. I know you can do it! We all can! Its going to be hard but you're a strong ladie and you know this!

I'm doing ok, just working on the website. I added some pretty funny things to it today. Very cute.

Love ya,
Deanne

PURPLEPANSY
04-27-2005, 09:04 AM
hey deanne, I'm gonna check out your site in a bit... I took some benedryl and it is making me loopie.. I get drunk on cough syrup.. LOL

PURPLEPANSY
04-27-2005, 09:07 AM
I know my eating patterns will change. I have to learn to focous on the food. I'm always thinking what can I eat? I'm keeping a notebook and writing every morsel of food down. I've been thinking of actualy going to a wwers meeting instead of doing it online. I need the accountability.. sighhhhhhhh..
It is pouring here and it is dark.. it feels like nighttime... I guess I should go take my zoloft before my brain starts zapping.. LOL...

chubbyvixen
04-27-2005, 09:10 AM
Lol...I know what you mean with the zoloft, girl!!

I told a girl today on 3fatchicks...its all about finding what works for you! No one else. If going to the ww meetings helps, do it. If you need to, type out all your foods for the day and send it to me :) Anything that will help.

If you don't start to cheer up Im going to come over there and beat you with a wet noodle!!! Be happy!

Love,
Deanne

PURPLEPANSY
04-27-2005, 09:11 AM
LOL.... a noodle... hmmm I could eat that noodle.. LMAO

chubbyvixen
04-27-2005, 09:13 AM
Hmm...me too :)

Bwahahahaha...Im evil.

PURPLEPANSY
04-27-2005, 09:14 AM
Hubby is leaving friday to drive to south carolina for a week on a fishing tournament. We have never been away from each other for a weeek!! Is that sad or what????? I'm really nervous being in the house by myself. Heather will be here, but she is always on the go... and she will be in school..
aaaaaaachoooo... this cold s*cks.... sighhhhh

PURPLEPANSY
04-27-2005, 09:15 AM
deanne.. you can hit me with a carrot cake.. thou... that I wouldn't mind!

chubbyvixen
04-27-2005, 09:16 AM
Ok...done. I've never had carrot cake but Ill hit you with it!

PURPLEPANSY
04-27-2005, 09:17 AM
well at least we'd get out veggies in... with the carrrots.. oh and dairy with the cream cheese frosting...

chubbyvixen
04-27-2005, 09:18 AM
Ugh...I just got queezy. Its been off and on for a week now. I dont know if its the effexor or what. Its like that queezy you get when you're hungry but I just ate. No period yet either. Hmmm....

PURPLEPANSY
04-27-2005, 09:20 AM
go take the test!!!!!! get a preggy test and take it...... hmmmmm I hear... rock a bye baby... in a tree top......................

chubbyvixen
04-27-2005, 09:20 AM
lmao...going for the food groups are we?

chubbyvixen
04-27-2005, 09:21 AM
I've never been pregnant before, I dont know what the symptoms are...all I know is teh queezy and the 50 million bathroom trips.

PURPLEPANSY
04-27-2005, 09:22 AM
I havent eaten breakfast yet.... I'm starved.... oatmeal and a banana...? that sounds good eh?

PURPLEPANSY
04-27-2005, 09:23 AM
lol.. well those a few symptoms.... GO GET A PREGNANCY TEST AT THE PHARMACY..

chubbyvixen
04-27-2005, 09:24 AM
Hmm...Ill give it an hour, I have to do laundry :)

Im skurred.

PURPLEPANSY
04-27-2005, 09:25 AM
where is karen??? she hasn't posted in over a week???

chubbyvixen
04-27-2005, 09:27 AM
I was thinking about her earlier...maybe shes just lurking! Now, you and I are going to have to beat HER with wet noodle. Karen, if you're there...WE MISS YOU!

PURPLEPANSY
04-27-2005, 09:27 AM
Laundry doesn't sound like any fun...
I should go get my nails done.... but I feel sooooo poopy..

chubbyvixen
04-27-2005, 09:30 AM
I wanted to be a good wife today. I try to do that at least once a week.

PURPLEPANSY
04-27-2005, 09:31 AM
I wonder if the Kim's got to do their walk today? Is it raining there? It is pouring here.... pouring... my spring flowers are drowning....

((yawn))) benedryl is da bomb...

chubbyvixen
04-27-2005, 09:31 AM
Go get your nails done...maybe you'll feel better!

PURPLEPANSY
04-27-2005, 09:32 AM
LOL a good wife is a happy wife.. that means weekly manicures, pedicures and massages... hehheeee no laundry..

PURPLEPANSY
04-27-2005, 09:33 AM
I can't get my nails done.. I'll end up coughing and sneezing in her face..LOL

chubbyvixen
04-27-2005, 09:34 AM
I think Kim said they were going to do it early in the morning. I'm not sure if its raining. I talked to my mom but she didnt say. We had a huge sand storm here yesterday. I couldnt even see to drive.

PURPLEPANSY
04-27-2005, 09:36 AM
wow.. a sand storm? that could be dangerous. We were in new mexico last year at 'white sands national park' and it was soo windy.. the sand like like lil bee's stinging

chubbyvixen
04-27-2005, 09:38 AM
LOL a good wife is a happy wife.. that means weekly manicures, pedicures and massages... hehheeee no laundry..

thats goin on my site!!!

PURPLEPANSY
04-27-2005, 09:40 AM
LOL... thats a good one eh??? Jim would say...." yes lynn and don't forget reservations at claudio's ".... my fave rest...

chubbyvixen
04-27-2005, 09:41 AM
awww...ive had to find new favorite restaurants since starting WW

goddesskde
04-27-2005, 09:42 AM
Yes the Kim's got their walk in today lol. We got up and went at 7:15 since skinny Kim has to be at school (fundraiser at the middle school) at 830. I dont mind getting up early.. makes me actually accomplish something during the day.
Deanne, you are describing exactly pregnancy symptoms. When I got pregnant the first time I felt like I was gonna start my period for weeks, then my boobs got sore and I felt sick to my stomach all the time. And dont let me get started on the running to the bathroom all the time. I had to pee like every 5 minutes.
Good luck.. i hope it goes the way you want it to

PURPLEPANSY
04-27-2005, 09:43 AM
How are you going to throw a baby shower in the middle east?????????????.. we might have to fly there.. I'll start saving my sky miles...

PURPLEPANSY
04-27-2005, 09:45 AM
typo.. I meant WE... HOW ARE WE GOING TO THOW A BABY SHOWER..

chubbyvixen
04-27-2005, 09:47 AM
Heck yea...y'all would love it here!! I say one day after we've all met our goals...we meet and go on a cruise or something.

goddesskde
04-27-2005, 09:50 AM
Ohhhhhh cruise, I'd be on :cloud9: I went a few years back and besides never getting my sea legs I had a blast. I didnt get sea sick, i just stumbled around like a drunkard all the time lol.

chubbyvixen
04-27-2005, 09:50 AM
man is everyone gonna have fun reading all this :)

PURPLEPANSY
04-27-2005, 09:51 AM
ohhhhhhhhhhhhh a cruise I would love that.. imagine.. and all of us in bikini's...

well I'm off to lay down.. I am so glad I have nothing to do today. Hopefully I will sleep this cold away... Deanne most seriously, take the pregnancy test.This way you will know. Kim is right, I felt like I was getting it and it never came.
Post latah..
Love
Lynn

chubbyvixen
04-27-2005, 09:52 AM
Hahaha...I can just imagine it! All of us women walking around like skinny drunks. Good times!

goddesskde
There will be some major rushing to get thru all these posts lol

PURPLEPANSY
LOL my last curise was in 98.. and I was a drunkard.. LOL

chubbyvixen
04-27-2005, 09:53 AM
Ok girl...feel betta.

We love ya,
Deanne

goddesskde
04-27-2005, 09:54 AM
I dont drink much but boy did i look like i did that week. I had little blue haired ladies looking at me and shaking their heads.. i was stumbling at 7 am lol