Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-13-2005, 01:01 PM   #1  

Default Curves

Well I weighed in today after Starting Dec 28th I have lost

36.5 lbs
34.25 INCHES
24.83 is BODY FAT lbs

Im so excited Im on my way!!!!!
ItstimeforME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 01:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 238/157/138

Height: 5'4

That is so awesome~! Way to go~! Keep up the great work and you'll be to goal in no time~!
flxthct107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 01:35 PM   #3  

Hey, you started out at the exact same weight I did! It's so nice to hear that this is working for you. I keep having to fight this irrational fear that every pound I lose will be the very last one I do. It's nice to hear from someone who is proving that this might not be the case at all!

Like you, I am focusing on exercise not just diet. It's uplifting for me to hear that it is working so well for you!
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 09:12 PM   #4  

Congratulations! I hope to have those wonderful results after going to Curves a little longer!
StephiePoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 01:27 PM   #5  

Hi Everyone...
I'm going to post daily to try to get this thread moving a bit.
Anyway...I'm starting my 2nd week at Curves and I love it. I didn't think I would since I used to belong to a "regular" gym, but I do. I'm not seeing anything move on the scale yet (but then again, I haven't changed my eating habits yet). I figure I'll do one step at a time...getting into the exercise groove and then start my healthy eating.
I also want to start doing the treadmill on the alternate days ..I go to curves on MWF..
My first W & M won't be til May 11th or so...and I'm very sure that I will lose inches by then...
Congrats to you Kelly....that's a great loss....
Let's try to inspire each other okay? I know I need it..

Di
didi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 08:13 AM   #6  

How's everyone doing? Is there anyone left on this board? Well, I'll just continue posting here cuz it's theraputic for me.
I went to Curves last night which started my 2nd week, I really enjoy it. I'm contemplating on getting the book for the curves diet, although as you can see by my signature, I've done South Beach and Body for Life, but I can't seem to stick with anything. I think my husband doesn't take me seriously about losing weight since I've been saying it for so long now. I'm wondering why I'm unable to do it too...why do I have NO willpower and motivation to keep me going? At least I'm going to Curves on a regular basis...it's much easier for me due to time constraints and since it's on my way home from work and only a 5 min ride home from there, it's really fitting into my schedule, so I know that I'll be able to maintain the exercise portion of things. I really need to understand why I have this obsession over food, even thinking of discussing it with my primary care to see if she recommends me seeing someone about it...
Well....hope everyone is doing well and I'm open to any suggestions and would love to hear from anyone doing the Curves diet along with the exercise program...

Di
Old 04-20-2005, 10:48 AM   #7  

Hi Di,

I also attend Curves I really love it. I'm excited to finally have found an exercise program I can stick with. I currently am following weight watchers the core program. I am thinking of switching to the Curves low carb option. What diet are you currently doing?
Mercee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 01:50 PM   #8  

I go to Curves as well. For people who slag on it and say it isn't a "real" gym, I lost 61 inches in about 4 months going there.. and then I got pregnant. But now I'm back and this is my second week. I LOVE IT. I have started going twice a day as often as I can.. mainly because it's my "Me" time and I get a break from the kids. It will be interesting to see what my first measurements are with going as often as I do. When I went previously I would do 3 circuits once a day.
ThatbabyMadeMeFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 03:33 PM   #9  

Hi Mercee and That Baby....
It's so good to not be talking to myself today..haha...
Mercee...I haven't starting the "dieting" or eating healthy portion yet..I haven't decided on what program to use or just use my own. I've tried WW but I have a habit of not sticking to it..
ThatBabyMadeMeFat...lol..I love your screenname...61 inches!!! wowowowow....that was awesome progress.
I'm really hoping I can stick with it..I'm going tonight since I'm doing MWF.....
Keep me posted on your progress..

Thanks
Di
Old 04-21-2005, 01:44 PM   #10  

Well Im glad to see others are enjoying it as much as I do. I go everyday and keeping fit.
Old 04-21-2005, 04:25 PM   #11  

I went to Curves again last night...
now if I could only stop eating crap I'll be doing well....my newest compulsion is cheeze its....
1st goal.....go to Curves 3x week....doing it
2nd goal.....get the eating under control
3rd goal.....get on the treadmill on the days I'm not at Curves

Hope everyone is doing great..
Di
Old 04-22-2005, 01:15 PM   #12  

My goal is to be down to 199 by the 15th of June and Im hitting yet another plateau I will be happy to be down at least maybe 10 or 15. I hit curves everyday and I do a step class once a week. Got to get more fat off LOL.
Old 04-22-2005, 01:54 PM   #13  

I applaud all you Curves ladies - good for you for doing something so positive for yourself! I started at Curves in Oct '03 and continued until last summer when I decided I had the confidence and endurance and was ready for something more and joined a small private gym and hire a personal trainer. I am now trying to take my body to the next step. I would never been where I am today if it wasn't for Curves.

Please relax and don't stress too much about the food. Concentrate for 30 days to get into the routine and discipline to go to Curves 3x a week and do 30 -45 minutes of cardio on the other days. Then start working food issues. Do not get too hung up on the weight loss numbers. This is different from most programs in that you are building muscle immediately while losing fat. There is a good reason that your weigh-ins and measurements are only once a month. Try to resist the scale in between and use the "pants-o-meter" instead. As muscle builds faster than you lose fat, give yourself 2 months to see dramatic inches and pounds lost. Also, remember, there is no one perfect diet for all of us out there. You will have to experiment and see which one works best for you. To add more complexity, the one that works for you today may not work tomorrow. Don't beat yourself up for not being able to "stick to" something if it is wrong for you. I, too, tried them all. Low carb makes me crazy, but my workout buddy lost over 50 pounds with Atkins (as written, not spending months in induction). I lost over 50 pounds doing my version of a WW/SB combo that is closest to WW Core (now that they came out with that). Take a look at the Curves program - they offer both a low carb and low cal version. Your local Curves will probably offer a 12 week class this spring, so be sure to ask about it.

Best of luck ladies, and know I am rooting for you!
ellenuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 04:45 PM   #14  

Hi Kelly & Ellen,
Kelly...I know you'll meet your goal....just keep up the great work..36lbs is alot!!
Ellen...thanks for your motivating words...I think I needed to hear that from someone like you. You've done a wonderful job with getting healthy.
Well girls...I'm off to my workout...
hope all is well..
Di
Old 04-22-2005, 06:45 PM   #15  
back on the wagon

S/C/G: 196.2/187.8/115

Height: 5'1.5''

My name is Rachel and I'd like to join this thread. I recently rejoined Curves, and I plan on going at LEAST 4 times a week, and go on the stationary bicycle for 15 minutes on the days I am not at Curves. I need to lose about 60 more pounds, so wish me luck!
lateralus98 is offline   Reply With Quote