Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 12:09 PM   #1  
prepare for the BEST time

Default Urban Rebounder, opinions please

Has anyone ever used this version of the mini-tramp. workouts? Is the spring version better than the generic version you can easily buy? I do like the idea of a stabilizer bar (for the klutz in me), but the price difference is huge.......I bought a mini-tramp at Wally-mart for $20.00, the urban name-brand version is $114.00 plus S&H on HSN.....it is the whole kit with 3 dvds, case, etc.

the mini-tramp is a good cardio work-out, but I'm wondering how long i can go if I had a stabilizer bar?????

I appreciate any info, thanks!
Old 04-14-2005, 02:23 AM   #2  

Hi, I am new but I wanted to say that I LOVE MY URBAN REBOUNDER. This is worth every penny and WAY better than the cheapo ones you can find out there. The construction on the higher end rebounders makes a HUGE difference in the impact. This is a great way to exercise. I have been using mine for about a month now, it is the 1st piece of equipment that I didn't just cast aside after a few tries. It is zero impact and it is FUN! Google "benefits of rebounding" and you will see just how great this is for your body, your lymphatic system, your health and your weight. You can put music on and just freestyle.

I only have made it 15 mins into the 'beginners' UR dvd, I was wiped out. I haven't even opened the advanced workout. I prefer using Leslie Walk away pounds or adapting other cardio tapes. It's soooo much fun, I can't believe I'm saying that about a workout! (and no I don't work for them, LOL!)
Old 05-05-2005, 08:36 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/139/140

I got the Compilation #1 and just used my $20 mini trampoline to see if I liked the program. Kinda wondered after the first time of about 10 min and had to stop, but I perservered and now I love it. Done all the workout gadgets, but can actually say that I've slimmed down inches wise using this. I've had bladder surgery and can't jog or run, but can use this. It is worth the $$$ compared to what I've spent in equip and only used for a short time.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:45 AM   #4  

Yes, I've had mine about 3 weeks and I DO like it, gets my HR up and I alternate with upper body weights....cos I can't last that long on it....but it is fun and I enjoy it, well made and I still need the bar to keep me "balanced".....my knees and back are fine afterwards, but I do get a real sweat going....it seems to be a good investment, not a gimmick.
Old 05-10-2005, 01:04 AM   #5  

I googled this and was quite suprised with all the health benefits. Will a regular tramp do the same job? Have a big one in the backyard that needs some use. Please let me know.
Old 05-11-2005, 09:30 AM   #6  

I don't know, I've never been on a large tramp. But I have to say I'm using the Urban Rebounder almost daily and my HR gets into the 75-80% zone quite quickly and stays up......I do several different aerobic moves (from all those classes we took in the 80s) and there is no impact on my 48 year old knees and back....I tried to do the same intensity on the floor and it was impossible (for me)....whatever works, I like the springs better than the regular elastic type I had gotten at walmart (I took that one back) and the stabilizer bar is a necessary item for me to go longer....when I'm not using it, the cats enjoy napping both on top and underneath it....
Old 05-18-2005, 04:31 PM   #7  

update if anyone is interested.....I'm still doing this about 5-6X per week incorporating interval training periods of upper body, abs, step-ups......I do about 40-55 min. sessions and my HR stays between 70-75% range with a bit of 80%.....I really enjoy it and my body is starting to show the results.....(my clothes fit looser!). I'm not bored yet!
Closed Thread