Support Groups - Mayday Mind/Body Challenge: All Welcome to Join the Team!!!!

Amarantha2
04-10-2005, 01:45 PM
:listen: Hear that sound? The lark ariseth and spring appeareth in the land!

Ok, here's my deal: In the interest of feelin' a bit perkier than I have for awhile, I'm embarking on a May Day mind/body fitness challenge this week to last until May 1. I'm pledging to do at least 10 minutes a day o' any mind/body fitness exercise or routine (including just stretching or a meditative walkie, but mine will likely be mostly yoga and/or pilates).

I'm postin' this here and in another forum as well in case anyone else feeleth the impetus to join the Mayday Mind/Body Challenge Team and pledge to do any mind/body exercise for at least 10 minutes per day and mayhap be nice 'n report their efforts here in the interest o' TEAM SPIRIT! Rah! :cheer:

There be no penalty for early withdrawal on this challenge (meaning s'ok to scr*w up 'n not do it sometimes and still be a member in good standin' o' the Mayday Mind/Body Challenge Team). The only rule be that at the end o' the challenge, all team members have to feel better and get themselves something new to wear ... even if it's just a headband from Wally World!!!

Ok, whose signin' up for this inner peace stuff?

Get in line!

Be there or be square!

Sound off! :drill:

Arabella
04-10-2005, 04:23 PM
You talked me into it! I need a challenge to get serious about this inner peace stuff. Too easy to let it slide otherwise. And I definitely need it. :yes: Hmmm... I'm going to pledge to at least 10 mins. meditation, as well as at least 10 mins mind/body (which, for me, is likely to be tai chi/qi qong/yoga -- although I do aspire to learn Pilates as well, so am not ruling that out).

Amarantha2
04-10-2005, 04:52 PM
Thanks for joinin' in, Arabella! I believe I will be doing tai chi as well. I used to take a class on Wednesdays and may make that one of mine!

Here's to peace! Ah ...

deleted2
04-10-2005, 06:51 PM
Thanks for posting the challenge, Amarantha. I'm pledging at least 10 minutes of meditation per day [like Arabella], and yoga and Pilates on alternating days.

Read recently that since Pilates does use body resistance it's a good idea to do that on days where you're doing weights anyway, and give your muscles rest day after. Don't know, but it sounded good to me, so I'm doing it! :) Today was a heavy workout day for me. I did a "Firm" video, 15 minutes of weights and will do at least 30 minutes on the Pilates machine tonight.
Tomorrow, treadmill and yoga. I need to spice up my yoga routine; it seems like I'm doing the same old thing over and over. I need some new moves!

Can we post our food journals here too?

Amarantha2
04-10-2005, 08:39 PM
Huzzah and welcome Peace Team Member E!!! :wave: I think it's a fine idea for anyone who wants to post food journals here to do so, as isn't food a part of the mind/body health connection? I'm still doing my journal in the land far far away (just answered thee there) for today I'll join you in putting it here as well. I plan on having a bit of milk later but will not journal that ... it's just for blood sugar management:

B: 3 sl Alpine Lace Swiss reduced fat cheese
S: Legal sf cherry "cobbler," skim milk
L: Skim milk
S: 7 whole wheat mini pita's baked into crispy "chips," healthy guacamole (ff cream cheese blended with avocado), skim milk
D: Skim milk
S: 1/4 serving baked chicken w/artichoke hearts (topped with "crumbs" of almond meal)

Cals: Approximately 1875

EDITED: VCR NOT WORKING, SO DID 15 MIN OF STANDING YOGA POSES IN ROTATION WHILST LISTENING TO PEACEFUL MUSIC, ALSO FIRE BREATH AND PLANKS, THEN HAD NICE MEDITATIVE BATH! Sorry to shout in this peaceful mind/body thread.

As for other exercise (might as well report that, too), a walk with Old Dog will have to do.

Amarantha2
04-11-2005, 10:57 AM
Om ... :)

I'm just bumpin' this, as I want this to be the most peaceful, successful and active challenge ever, so wanna see that it RISES to the TOP o' our collective consciousness.

For my mind/body connection today, I plan to walk meditatively and SLLLLLLOOOOWLY on a sort of spiraling path in one of the times I'm workin' in (in mountains) ... I've done this every week for several weeks and realize that for me, this represents a maze and I've gotten a lot out of just walking it over and over for meditation. Will also do the standing yoga pose routine I've worked out.

Thanks so much to Arabella and E for joinin' me in this quest.

deleted2
04-11-2005, 02:38 PM
I went into work early this morning, now I'm home and find myself putting off my workout. Don't worry, this is something I do every day. I don't know why--it's really silly! Once I start I'm fine.
Today's plan: a 30 min. abs video, 3 miles on treadmill, and yoga. Time will tell.... I'll check in later. ;)

Arabella
04-11-2005, 04:57 PM
Reporting in: Did a set of tai chi, 10 mins. guided meditation. (also 30 min walk, 15 mins on crosstrainer, 20 mins. circuit training)

Amarantha, I do thank thee for starting this thread!

Eydie, I usually work out in the morning, and if I don't I find it much harder to get it done. And I inevitably procrastinate -- seems an integral part of my make-up.

deleted2
04-11-2005, 08:37 PM
I did 3 miles on the treadmill, with 10 minutes of running. [That was a surprise--didn't plan to do that!] And did the 30 min. abs tape--had to pass on the yoga.

Tomorrow's my heavy workout day, so we'll see what happens there.

Amarantha2
04-11-2005, 08:48 PM
I'm the same way; if I don't workout in the a.m., it's really hard for me to get around to it, although I enjoy doing it at night sometimes.

Today I met my mind/body challenge to meditatively walk on the spiral sidewalk. Did two 10 minute walks on it when I got stressed (I'm still at work, gotta do a meeting). Didn't do the yoga and it doesn't look like it's gonna be a happening thing, but might when I get home later.

Huzzah! Peace, om, breathe!

Oh, re the gym, I dinna go! Not goin' tomorrow either~!

Sick of the gym, actually.

Want peace.

Om shanti.

Wildfire
04-12-2005, 12:13 AM
I'm in! Just not around much with sis and nephew visiting....will post when I can!

Amarantha2
04-12-2005, 09:37 AM
Huzzah, Wildfire!!!! :wave: Glad you are joinin' us on our mind/body march to May!!! Hurray!

My plan for the DAY (ok, it's rhyme time) is to do the spiral sidewalk meditation today again and try, try again to fit in the standing yoga routine I've worked out lately ... I'm taking a little time off from weights.

Gypsydancer
04-12-2005, 09:53 AM
Namaste, peaceful chicks! I'll going to be a late joiner. I'll do 10 minutes of pilates/yoga/meditation a day.

deleted2
04-12-2005, 06:21 PM
Welcome Wildfire and Gypsy!!!

I completed my mission of doing a 60 min. "firm" video, 15 minutes weights, and 20 minutes Pilates--and I even did 1 mile on the treadmill today--a little extra bonus workout there!
I'd never done this particular 'Firm' video before, so I'm sure I was a vision flailing around just trying to keep up! :lol: I'll catch on after the 10th time! I really love those videos--I always get a good sweat going. That's my workout goal: to sweat everyday, in addition to the more meditative things, of course. :)

Will post my food journal later. And whether I got around to meditating or not! :s:

Arabella
04-12-2005, 06:42 PM
:wave: Amarantha, Eydie, Wildfire, Gypsy! I'm actually feeling a bit under the weather. Didn't manage my regular exercise, mostly because I had volunteered to do a favor for another site editor and ended up tied to the computer waiting till it could be done. And now I'm sleepy, going to have a cup of decaf tea and go to bed. Last night I slept like a log, whether from the meditation and tai chi or slight malaise, I know not.

I managed -- qi qong + meditation. Do any of you ever visit beliefnet.com? They've got really good guided meditations -- seem to get me there faster than I can go on my own. Today I also listened to some chants -- I swear I could feel my body vibrating in response. I think I'll get this CD... http://beliefnet.com/story/138/story_13887_1.html

Om shanti!

Amarantha2
04-12-2005, 07:25 PM
Welcome Peaceful Gypsy! :wave: Glad to have thy support here in this serene thread! :)

Yoga doesn't seem to be a happenin' thing for me today, but I did do a 20-minute meditative walk on the spiral sidewalk. Need to hang out up here in the newsroom until evening so may do some yoga moves.

I will be taking the tai chi class OR the yoga class tomorrow unless I sleep too late (too many night assignments), in which case, I will do it at home.

Onward ...[/b]

deleted2
04-13-2005, 07:42 AM
vegetable quiche w/ oat. crust***1 veg 'sausage'
fruit-sweet. cranberry-walnut scone
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2

1/2 oz. cheddar w/ 2 pcs. ww baguette

veg. chili w/ rice
ww tortilla w/ pimento cheese, spinach, onion

split pea soup
2 pcs. 4-cheese pizza [homemade and whole wheat]

calories:1780
water: 11 glasses
protein: 66 grams
Exercise:mat Pilates---20 minutes
"Firm" video---55 minutes
dumbells---15 minutes
1 miles treadmill

Weighed this morning and I'm back up to 140 pounds. Nothing wrong with that, but I'd gotten down to 133 pounds before, and really want to get back there. :?:

Gypsydancer
04-13-2005, 09:47 AM
You'll get back there, Eydie! Yesterday and today I meditated. I'm hoping to do pilates tonight.

Amarantha2
04-13-2005, 11:57 AM
Dinna fash thyself, E! You'll be where you want to be when your body wants you to be there. Go with the flow ... you're so in tune with yourself and doing all the right things. It's all good! :)

Amarantha2
04-13-2005, 08:49 PM
E, I'm going to be makin' some whole wheat pizza soon. I have some fab recipes!!!!! Thy menu looks good! Please keep postin' them. I will put one of mine on here from time to time also ... they are on my journal everyday. It REALLY helps and I like reading others' menus as well. :)

I am taking today off and so spent two hours in the gym ... yoga class followed by tai chi ... back hurts, though. I'm hoping I can get the personal trainer I had in the past to help me with some workouts for that this month ... dunno, she's busy and I'm not really interested in having any other trainer.

Anyhow, I digress. I met the mind/body challenge again today and I believe I will buy a new yoga mat tomorrow! :)

Have to fix my VCR so I can do the Wai Lana tapes.

Hi to Wood Nymph and Gypsy!!!

Amarantha2
04-13-2005, 08:52 PM
And a big :wave: to Wildfire ... sorry, dinna mean to leave thee outta my hail in the last postie, WF!!! :)

I think I just wanted an excuse to post again.

I wanna keep this thread at the top o' the heap as what could be better than inner peace and exercise at the same time?

As well as nutritious eatin' and the posting thereof.

Let's keep going, PEACE TEAM! :peace:

deleted2
04-14-2005, 07:24 AM
veg quiche
2 veg. 'sausages'
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2

split pea soup
2 rye krisps w/ cream cheese
apple
fruit juice-sweet. peanut butter cookie

veg. "meat loaf" w/ no-sugar ketchup
peas and corn
brown rice
frozen cherries

calories: 1640
protein: 60 grams
water: 10 glasses
exercise: 20 min. yoga
30 min. step video

And I even meditated for 15 mnutes! :)

ceara
04-14-2005, 08:10 AM
Could have used some of that peace and tranquility in the bargaining room these past 2 days!

I want to join the Mayday sprint...only will be on vac for most of it! :?: Will post thots on goals presently.

Ceara :drill:

Arabella
04-14-2005, 08:34 AM
Good morning, Peaceniks! This thread has been so helpful to me -- already I'm feeling much more peaceful. I really think that stress has been the major problem for me in the last few years. As some sage said, it's not what happens to us, but our response to it that determines the quality of our lives.

Yesterday I meditated, listened to some chants, and did evening qi qong. This morning I did a.m. qi qong. Will meditate when I need a refresh (how much better is that than going to grab some instacarbs?). Also remember a weight loss study (involving overweight people) in which one group meditated and the other did nothing different from their norm. And the meditators lost weight, without consciously dieting. :chin: Why has it taken me so long to start to meditate again?

Amarantha, Eydie, Gypsy, Wildfire, Ceara, any others who doth lurk -- peace and love to all! Om shanti!

Amarantha2
04-14-2005, 09:50 AM
Hmmm. I did not really mean to have that smilie guy stickin' out his tongue to connote peace ... was going for the hippy smilie, but it must not be on this site! :) But I digress!

WELCOME PEACE TEAM MEMBER, CEARA!!!! I'd call ya Sword Bearer, but mayhap STANDARD BEARER be more peaaaaaaceeeful a designation! Glad you are getting a vacation as that's also a mind/body exercise, dinna ye think? :)

Arabella, I be in total agreement about stress being a major factor in weight control (and life control, which is probably more important). I know I napped for a number of hours yesterday for the first time in a month following the yoga and tai chi (the latter is just an opportunity for me to zone out ... doesn't do a lot for me bodwise).

Yea, the meditation (and even the nap) was SO much better for me than my former habit o' findin' peace through the Demon Cupcake Connection! :devil:

E, thanks again for being willing to post your menus ... definitely IMO, food is a major part o' the equation of mind/body connectin' and finding "peace" ... do you make your own vege meatloaf or buy one of the meat analogs?

Wildfire 'n Gypsy: Peace be unto thee! :wave:

MY MIND/BODY PEACE GOAL (or somethin') TODAY IS TO GO TO GYM AND DO SOME YOGA MIXED WITH A BIT O' WEIGHTS ... NOTHIN' HEAVY!

Amarantha2
04-14-2005, 10:01 AM
Hmmm. Here I am overpostin' again, but wanted to share the question I am meditating on today as I exercise; if anyone wishes to join me in this exercise and post their answer, I'd love it ... if not, thass ok, too:

"You have just escaped from enemies lying in wait for you in the Deep Woods and run a race in the Desert o' Despair, going without water. You climb the High Mountain of Tribulation and find a peaceful, tiny grotto, cool with sweet running water, shade and trees full of sweet fruit. You eat and drink and lie down in the shade on a bed of fragrant pine needles and eucalyptus leaves (ok, there wouldn't be eucalyptus leaves in a pine forest, but work with me). You fall asleep and when you awaken, the sun is in your eyes, but you spy a MESSENGER (from somewhere, you're not sure where) who hands you a MESSAGE. What does the message say?

Arabella
04-14-2005, 12:25 PM
Amarantha, I am most heartily sorry, but my initial response is colored by the fact that I've had this slightly strange question going through my head recently: If you received an anonymous message saying "The sh*t has hit the fan" would you know what it was about? So that's what comes to mind for me immediately as the message. :lol:

I shall meditate on your question and return with a better answer.

deleted2
04-14-2005, 05:35 PM
Amarantha, excellent imagery! When I read the scenario, the first thing that came to my mind is the message "find the light in the dark". Deep dark secret here: that's what I do. I'm convinced it's one of my my life's purposes, to find the gifts in seemingly bad things. Probably why my house is full of gargoyles! :lol: Some of my guests are a little tweaked out by it, but to me they're not grimacing an growling so much as laughing and making faces!

Welcome Ceara! And I think she should keep her title of 'sword bearer'. In the tarot, when you get a sword card, it means you're put on notice that you're to cut thru something that's holding you back. Get it, cut though?! ;)

Today's been a good day. Heavy workout day and it's always good when I can push on thru and do it when it's the last thing I want to do!

Amarantha, I make my own meatloaf. Haven't made this recipe in years and I don't know why, because it's pretty darn fabulous! And it's huge! I cut it in half and froze it. Lots of protein and excellent comfort food. And it's easy. I'll post the recipe if you're interested.

Kaylets
04-14-2005, 06:48 PM
Hello all !

Here I am w/the house to myself while DH is bowling.....
So nice and spa like here...... like a secret royal garden.... so nice to remember we all need to jump off the wheel and reconnect.

Yay for the menus!~

Here goes

Wed--

2 cups mixed fresh fruit
1 very tiny whole wheat cinammon bagel

2 apples
1 orange
1 cup plain no fat yogurt w/ lots of cinammon
2 pieces "herb" bread *

4-6 pepperocini peppers

1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese w/ 1 med tomato, dill and fresh ground pepper

hmmm..... wonder how I managed to get thru the day w/ so little ... hmmmmmm

spent 20 minutes of fast walking during lunch....

also spent the remainder of lunch searching for pedometers ....

and believe it or not my friends, I have been wearing headphones and listening to favorite music on my ipod and its been an amazing step away from the powder keg I was sitting on.... sometimes it gets dicey when I have
to grab the phone but so far, its working out well.......

Empress---

The message says " The light at the end of the tunnel just might be YOU!"

and so, since its so lovely here......and in the interest of serenity......

Lets shut down the Robin sighting thread as its getting a little frayed around the edges....
shall we?

and in the interest of serenity

Kettle is on!

wsw
04-14-2005, 08:37 PM
peace to one and all! i did meditation in morning, and tai chi in afternoon-total of 30 minutes. also did my back stretch exercises later to music which is soothing for me (billie holiday. love jazz!) definitely need more deep breathing and less giving in to stress in my life! amarantha, thanks for starting this thread--just what the doctor ordered! let's see, i think that message in your neat imagery was "you're safe now."

deleted2
04-14-2005, 09:03 PM
1 cup cooked brown rice
2 cups shredded Cheddar
1 cup wheat germ
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup chopped mushrooms
1 large chopped onion
1 cup grated carrot
4 beaten eggs
2 tbsp. soy sauce
2 tbsp. prepared mustard

Combine all ingredients. Then form into a free-form loaf on a well-oiled baking sheet. Or you can put it into a 9x13" pan.
Bake at 350 for 60 minutes.

That's all! It's from a 25 year old cookbook--real hippie fare, and genuinely good! And no soy for a change! I had to share this recipe, it's too good to keep it all to myself.

Amarantha, you can sub. more mushrooms for the carrots!

Kaylets
04-15-2005, 07:00 AM
Hello all!

Thanks Eydie!! Yes, lots of mushrooms would be great! Old hippie is exactly what I feel more and more like every day....

In fact, have been thinking lots about how so much of what I've "learned" about what trigger foods do to me I really knew as far back as highschool when I tried the very first Atkins diet ( anyone remember that one? One week all protein, the next week little or no protein).... well, guess which week I was starving.....

hmmmmmmmmmmm

Empress-- I wonder if you have looked around any into the "blogging" that I hear so much about..... think you could use lots of your wonderful creative talent to share, motivate and entertain at the same time....

hmmmm

ok all

Its Friday.

Thought of the day :

"Nothing can bring you peace but yourself."
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

Question of the day :

"What's the farthest distance you've ever walked?"

Kettle is on!

Amarantha2
04-15-2005, 11:32 AM
Hi, all!!! In the interest o' me agin' eyes, I'm gonna stop posting the skyblue messages without boldin' em, lovely and peaceful as the light colors are! :)

Thanks for postin' the meatless loaf, E!!! I'm gonna try to eat more vege (per my postie on the sugarless thread). I'm barely eatin' meat at all these days, except chicken. In the sugarless state, beef doesn't appeal to me ... veeerryyyy peaceful. But I need to stop shunnin' the Vege Elves who keep appearin' in my meditations!

Yea, I think Ceara is the Sword Bearer always, but mayhap she has a different title that she'd like ... maybe we all need a change of title?

I know I do, but don't know what it is right now.

K, I like your meditation message. Re blogs, I've had 'em but write so much for a living that I don't find much joy in it these days!!! :)

Actually, I have a pretty sorry attitude lately, but intend during the Mind/Body Challenge to work on getting rid o' that! :)[/b]

Here's my Mind/Body Challenge Exercise Report (tra-la): I did go to gym and even though I didn't feel like it, did upper bod weights and DID intersperse it with yoga moves (mostly planks, love those) and did meditate on the MESSAGE ... as I was lifting (and to keep people from talking to me :lol:) I repeated with each set: WHAT IS THE MESSAGE?

Funny, I kind of got an answer: the radio in the weight room was blasting out rock music (sigh) and then all of a sudden, it switched to: "... there will be an answer, let it be ... let it be, let it be ... singing words of wisdom ... let it be ..." then an old man started singing that "let it be" and a young woman took it up and was singing "let it be" then laughing, then "let it be" ... someone turned off the speakers for awhile, then the music went back to rock.

Very odd, so I will repeat that meditation today. I need to go do lower bod, shower at gym and then go to work for awhile. I will repeat the yoga/pilates moves between lower bod sets. Keeping the workout short, though!

Re titles, again: SHOULD WE ALL COME UP WITH A SPIRIT NAME FOR THIS CHALLENGE (or a MIND/BODY NAME)?

Does anyone have any ideas for this?

deleted2
04-15-2005, 04:52 PM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
veg quiche**2 veg. sausages

1 w bread w/ peanut butter, all-fruit strawberry jam
apple

split pea soup
1 all-rye bread w/ smoked gouda
1/2 fruit-sweet. peanut butter cookie

ww tortilla w/ beans, brown rice, cheese, salsa
frozen cherries

calories: 1830
protein: 71 grams
exercise: 55 min. "Firm" video
30 min. Pilates machine
15 min. dumbells
water: 11 glasses
Meditation: Yes!

Arabella
04-15-2005, 06:17 PM
Fly-by report: did tai chi and meditated.

Amarantha -- it really sounds like you've gotten your answer! I would definitely pay attention. Story to relate tomorrow. This is very odd -- computer doesn't seem to want me to relate this. Words were disappearing. Interesting.

Hate to be mysterious and run, but it's dinner time, and Friday night. Onward!

wsw
04-15-2005, 08:33 PM
hi all!

that's neat, amarantha. sure does sound like you got your answer.
i did my meditation and tai chi today. also seem to be eating less and less meat laely, though haven't been intentionally vegetarian (yet, anyway.) also, pleasantly surprised to find that i am still cafeine-free.
well, hope everyone has a pleasant and relaxing weekend. take care.

Amarantha2
04-15-2005, 10:23 PM
Huzzah, Wsw is in the Mind/Body Challenge House!!! :wave: Good going on the meditation and tai chi, W; I've gotten to definitely like tai chi this year (better than I did when I started). Congrats on being caffeine-free as well! That's great!

Hmmm, Wood Nymph, words disappearing because the computer sprite doesn't want ya to post 'em?

This thread is definitely taking a somewhat magickal turn, dinna ye think?

Gonna post my menu here today to keep E company ... will do a double post on the journal as well, for now. I journal every day without exception and eat according to Sugar Busters without exception (except for the fruit rule and a few modifications) ... it's really helped me!

Friday, Day 90:

Breakfast: Skim milk, one slice full fat cheese
Snack: One sl full fat cheese, "legal" sugar free, low glycemic cherry "cobbler," steamed broccoli
Lunch: Chicken w/artichokes and almond meal "crumb" topping, brown rice with mushrooms
Snack: Unsweetened applesauce, two servings skim milk
Dinner: Skim milk, four sl full fat cheese (I'm stoppin' now)
Snack: Nada

Cals: 1925 (Sugar Busters doesn't count cals, but that's a modification of mine also ... I like to count 'em but am working towards a goal of NOT doing so).

MIND/BODY CHALLENGE REPORT: Gym: Lower body weights and core interspersed with (again) planks, bridges, etc., which really help me to feel better ... no meditation was goin' on in my head, though! Just zoned out and enjoyed my planks.

I THINK MY NAME FOR THIS CHALLENGE SHOULD BE STRIDER, as I am making great strides.

ceara
04-16-2005, 07:44 AM
Mornin' all! Have decided that my "meditation" will be reading that uplifts me....at least 10 minutes/day. I am currently reading "the lost books of the Bible", an old book. I am going to try and walk also, but time is running away from me again. I am off to Baltimore mid week, for a few days, and then have surgery scheduled for May 26. The big H. I'll be off work a minimum of 6 weeks....hopefully we're not on the picket line.

Enjoy reading all the posts...I'm a thinkin' on that meatloaf recipe Eydie! It sounds good. :wave: to all....gotta run. Have to work again today.

Ceara

Amarantha2
04-16-2005, 01:25 PM
Huzzah, Ceara!!! Sorry to hear you are having surgery (or glad, depending on how you're feelin' about it). Good idea about meditating with uplifting reading!

My Mind/Body Challenge Report today (Day 91 of Sugar Busters WOE) is that I took my Saturday mini hike with walking pal. This kind of fits in to the challenge as we always do a lot of soul searchin' conversations as we walk (and then we sit, unfortunately, and soul search a bit too long), but it gives us a chance to clear out some garbage from the mind each week whilst we hoof it. So that's my challenge finished but will do yoga if I ever get done working.

E, I am going to try the loaf as well, with your suggestion to replace the carrots (permitted in small amounts only on Sugar Busters, but I don't eat 'em at all now) with more mushrooms, or maybe asparagus?

The Broc Elf came poundin' at the door at my midmorning snack time and demanded to be let in, so I decided to make an event of it and asked the Peach Sprite to drop by as well and made a smoothie/shake thing with unsweetened soymilk, frozen unsweetened peach slices and frozen chopped broc. Sigh. It wasn't bad, but I could still taste the broc ... determined to get at least one more vege in today. [/b]

Amarantha2
04-16-2005, 01:29 PM
[b]Hmmm. Meditation? Question? ...

If you were a vegetable, which would you be?

I would be a Brussels sprout because they are so cosmopolitan.

Or mayhap a white asparagus spear because I would get to grow up away from the prying eyes of the madding crowd (white asparagus is grown underground, but ya knew that).

Or maybe corn because Amarantha at least would never eat me (verboten on SB), though she loves me and I am so sweet.

Ok, I think I need to work! :wave:

Amarantha2
04-17-2005, 06:24 AM
Three in a row, guys, but this is a test! Had massive computer crash and my work computer will have to go to the shop sometime as it's dead. Trying to resurrect ancient laptop for the nonce ... very slow. Want to see if I can post here as ya'all mean a lot to me! Operating system is so old I'm seeing weird graphic thingies on here, but seems to work ... slowly.

ceara
04-17-2005, 05:35 PM
Vegetable...prolly celery, it is versatile. Sorry about thy hard drive woes A! That is never fun.

Have been successful with the reading, but pooey on the walking. I have 2 dogs to groom and not a lot of time...spent the pm doing one already. We are going to a friends' for dinner, then I will at least brush the other one. I like to groom, and I go into a trance-like state....it is a form of artistic creation for me. Making topiaries out of bushes.

And the scale is behaving nicely...I like to see those numbers go down. I didn't weigh-in last week and won't this week as I'll be on the road that day, so I'm hoping for continuing success whilst gone and a super one the following week!

Have been caffeine free and alcohol free for 3 weeks now. Finally liking green tea :lol: Have a cuppa peppermint upstairs brewing...so :wave:

Have a great Monday...which is tomorrow, I know.

Ceara

Amarantha2
04-17-2005, 06:52 PM
Dinna say "Monday," please Sword Bearer!! :lol: Have been up half the night with the computer woes ... lost story notes and a finished story, ended up buying a new computer and setting it up this afternoon, as I need it for work, which has now doubled or tripled since I lost today's. But that's ok, 'cause I lost .2 of a pound and for me that's just fine!

Congrats on having thy scale behaving as well, Ceara! Enjoy the rest of thy Sunday!

My mind-body exercise today was just buying the computer, lugging it home and setting it up whilst trying to think about all the work I lost.

That about covers it! Later, peaceniks!

Kaylets
04-18-2005, 06:56 AM
Hello all!

The weekend went by so quickly....

Weather here was so great...perfect to do things outside even if it was just sitting although I really can't say I did much of that....of course, there just wasnt enough time ..... my brand new pedometer shows aprx 4200 steps yesterday which was a big disappointment for me as I thought I'd make 10K but since DH and I were nonstop Sat, I guess it only makes sense that I needed a nap yesterday....and honestly, I'm not fit enough to be doing that much activity and taking it all in stride.... I guess that's the whole point of the pedometer, to make you aware of how much you really are moving rather than what you think you are doing....

so..

Are you ready?? ( in a very loud whisper !)
HERE WE GO MONDAY, HERE WE GO~

KETTLE IS ON!

Here's our thought..............

Thought of the day :

" One never knows what each day is going to bring. The important thing is to be ready for it."
---Henry Moore

Question of the day :

"What is the best weather temperature?"

Amarantha2
04-19-2005, 01:48 AM
Yo, Peaceniks/Queens! I am listening to Renaissance (sorry, that's spelled wrong, but I don't care) music and in the proper royal/meditative mood to post now, after a heckish type day in the Royal Salt Mine! :)

Skipped gym today but did weights and yoga in two small sessions, one at home and one at work. I don't really meditate these days, but have been thinking deeply lately about many grave topics, including, yes, THE WEATHER, so K, thy qod be timely. Where I live, BTW, weather can oft occupy the mind for days at a time (rhyme). Summer, ya see, be a'driftin' in and that's no small thing in Arizona.

Well, I am ramblin' so shall focus and answer the qod: I guess I consider the best temp to be 100 degrees, the start o' triple digits, when it's warm but not too warm.

I'm on Day 93. Here's my menu today:

B: Super Shake (unsweetened soymilk, brocolli, frozen unsweetened peach slices, frozen unsweetened blackberries), B-complex, iron and omegas supplement
S: Skim milk
L: Chicken with artichokes and almond meal topping, brown rice with mushrooms
S: Two servings skim milk, unsweetened Granny Smith applesauce
D: Two ounces full fat cheddar cheese, sl sprouted toast, 3 eggs (Old Dog helped me eat the eggs)
S: Skim milk, 2 frozen unsweetened cherries

Cals 1610 (approximately)
Exercise: Some weights, yoga, didn't go to gym ... MIND/BODY CHALLENGE MET!

K, it's amazing how a ped does enlighten one. When I've worn one, I was also discouraged to find how long one has to move about to get even 100 steps. Somehow I prefer not to know! :lol:

To all, mentioned and unmentioned ... let's keep going on this challenge and make this a VERRA active thread. I promise I won't do three in a row again ... well, mayhap!

Arabella
04-19-2005, 06:31 AM
:wave: The challenge has been going very well -- yesterday was the first day that I didn't get in meditation and mind-body exercise. Had meetings, meetings, meetings all day. Shoot -- that reminds me, I have another one today :rolleyes: I will tell you a secret: I HATE conference calls! :p

I really feel like this challenge has helped me a lot already. Feeling less stressed and happier already! I always found meditation to work wonders.

Amarantha, how's the new computer? Exciting to have one, although horrid to have a crash. I'm settling nicely into the more effortless phase of this quest. Now, when weight-obsessed self-negating thoughts arise, I'm gently reminding self that I don't ever have to worry about such things again, just stay on the right path.

Kaylets, I empathize completely with your feelings about not being fit enough for some levels of activity. Seems so counter-intuitive to limit exercise, but I know full well that if I overdo it I'll be wasted. And then nothing good happens. Gradual increases are the way to go -- reminding self of that. I ran (what I call running, that is) on Saturday and it was fine. Last week I upped my weights at the gym and added 15 minutes on the aerobic machinery. I can't afford to be exhausted every day, so I have to watch it. V. tedious it is, too. :yes:

Ceara, I've been struggling to switch from coffee to green tea for a while now. And I LIKE green tea a lot. But I'm addicted to coffee. I may try to cut back to two cups, or something like that.

:wave: :queen:s Eydie, Anagram, WSW, Wildfire, Frogger, any others lurking or adrift.

I'm off to the salt mines. Love to all, mentioned or un- ... Let's make this a good one!

Kaylets
04-19-2005, 06:53 AM
Hello all!

Just a quickie to say thinking of all of you!

Found out that I wasnt wearing the pedometer where it registers all the time...moved it a few inches towards my hip and suddenly am getting better numbers.... and you know what.... as long as I see it getting higher, I will know I'm making progress....

meeting, the secretary was showing me how I was doing since my big water gain about 4 wks ago... and I said to her in passing ( keep in mind I'm learning maintenance...)
" You know, I don't think I'm one of those people who can maintain with 14 extra points a day..." and the secretary just gasped and laughed and said " Sure, 14, ha ha... too bad 4 isnt 14!!" and that's when I started laughing....
and said "Well, that explains why I gained!!"
Can you imagine! I thought I could add 14 pts a day!!!! Hee hee!!!!
Maybe they meant btwn 14-32 a week !!! Maybe that's what I was reading! They meant a week and I interpreted it as per day! YIKES!!!!!!!

oh well, live and learn!

must run ( or walk quickly!)

and in a loud whisper!

KETTLE IS ON!

deleted2
04-19-2005, 07:20 AM
veg. sausage
2 ww toast w/ ff cheese, spinach, onions, peppers
strawberries
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2

veg, neat loaf w/ fruit-sweet. ketchup
1/2 cup brown rice and peas
strawberries

1 oz. lite cheddar***apple

ww tortilla w/ humuus, vegs
1 oz. tortilla chips w/ 1/4 cup guac.

exercise: 4 miles treadmill

In a rush-----but thinking of all of you! :)

Amarantha2
04-19-2005, 10:39 AM
Arabella, I love the new 'puter, thanks! I also can post at 3FC without problems, leading me to wonder if a new royal challenge might be in the offing here when we peaaaaceeefully arrive at Mayday!?

I have to go to the Royal Salt Mines again soon, where I will do penance for the sin o' poverty (I wanna retire young ... relatively young ... but that seems a long way down the yellowbrick road, way past the Salt Mines and into the Land o' Winnin' the Lottery or inheriting a fortune from an as-yet undiscovered familial connection). :s:

Re my mind/body challenge for today, dunno. I'll be lucky if I even do any exercise at all. The Mojo is off somewhere in La-La Land, E.

To all, M&U (Mentioned & Unmentioned) ... :wave:

Arabella
04-20-2005, 04:37 PM
:wave: Hi all -- I meditated today, did 15 mins on the cross trainer, walked 30 mins and did 20 mins circuit training. Now off to do tai chi before dinner...

Didst thou see that Faire :queen: Punkin hath shown her royal visage on ye olde threade? I didst bid her hasten hither anon!

Love & Kisses to All!

Punkinseed
04-20-2005, 05:24 PM
Here I be!

Thank you Arabella for steering me in the right direction!

I'll spare you all the loooong post on the other thread - I got a new computer which SHOULD allow me to post without waiting 10 or more minutes for a page to load - that's the good news!

The bad news, my stepfather passed away on Easter morning while in the ICU with ulcerative colitis (the other post has more details) and I've pretty much eaten my way back up to 250 freakin' pounds. I actually became afraid to get on the scale - but I figured denial wasn't going to help me get on track, seeing an outrageous number would! I am refusing to focus on the fact that I'd gotten down to 199.8. I can't or I'd just see myself as a failure and only failures quit trying.

Now, why am I sitting her eating M&M's??????? :devil: Well, I only grabbed a handful, instead of a bowl. Progress, right????

Well, feeling like a walk on ye new treadmill when I get home - after the mums helps me trim the feline heathen's talons, of course...

Weight Monday morning: 250.8
Goal by May Day: 245 (that first week is all water though)
Goal by Fiji, May 2006: 150 (I'm goin' to FIJI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Missed you all immensely,
Terri :)

Punkinseed
04-20-2005, 05:58 PM
Testing my new little slide-y thingy!

deleted2
04-20-2005, 06:43 PM
Lovely to see you again, Punkinseed! :D Sorry you've had such sadness recently. Good for you for bravely getting on the scales--now you can get to work [play? ;) ] and we're all here to cheer you on!
How was the treadmill walk? I did my funny little dance today of procrastinating with my own treadmill. Amazing how many little chores I can find to do, but when I start my walk I'm okay. Best thing is to not think about it and just do it!

Punkinseed
04-21-2005, 10:49 AM
Mornin' all!

Hi Eydie!

Never hit the treadmill yesterday. By the time I headed home a storm was coming in and my head, being the barometric pressure gauge that it is, started seriously pounding. So, instead I curled up on the couch, tried to read and fell asleep while waiting for my mom to come help me trim kitty nails. Being forgiving to myself, and will attempt another treadmill tackle asap. Supposed to have thunder and lightning this afternoon and if so I won't be tempting fate by turning on my brand new treadmill (just to have it zapped!).

Frankly, I'm more impressed that I didn't binge last night - I think this is my 3rd day in a row of eating like a "normal" person!

Tonight, going home and pre-cooking some stuff for handfasting potluck this weekend for one of my best friends. I'm making healthy mexican pasta salad and a hot 3-bean sweet n' sour salad. I plan on enjoying myself on Saturday!

Thursdays are a new kind of day for me. It used to just be me and my stepfather in the house all day because my mom goes bowling - now I'm alone all day. It's something I'm still getting used to...

Will probably be back later,
Smooches!

Amarantha2
04-21-2005, 12:04 PM
PUNKIN! I am so glad to see thee, but so sorry about thy stepfather's passing.

Dinna worrit 'bout any weight gainies ... you will reverse that. We will recruit some extra towel boys here at the mind/body challenge spa to keep ya in line.

Come to think of it, I could use some o' that linekeeping as well as yesterday I ate really high on the cal scale (still "legal" on the Sugar Busters, though, that won't change).

I did take a long walk yesterday and that counts for the mind/body challenge. Will hit gym later for a small weight session and will incorporate planks. Don't feel like exercising, though, haven't for a while.

This is my eating problem right now: I have a personal (unpleasant) thing to do this Saturday that will take eight hours and is likely to make me feel really bad about myself, which before the sugar-free life would have been a guarantee that I'd go on a cupcake binge. I won't be doing that, but I need to garner all my resources to be sure I don't overeat the RIGHT foods on that day. So am going into a phase of really tight adherence to the proper WOE and eating patterns, starting today.

No matter what happens to us in life, we DO deserve to do it in a healthy bod, is that not right, :queen: s!!!!

Too right!

So let's fasten our seatbelts. It's gonna be a bumpy ride (I can say that as a collective generalization because it's a good bet that all of us encounter bumps along the road at least sometimes that make us wanna turn to the comfort o' our friend, Mr. Food) ... BUT WE CAN CHOOSE TO STAY IN CONTROL O' THE CAR!!!

E, I seem to have a car theme goin' here ... I need to get a grip (on the steerin' wheel o' my outta control emotions)! :lol:

Wildfire
04-21-2005, 05:03 PM
Quick postie to welcome Punkin back!!! Thrilled to see you, my dear. Very sorry to hear about your step-dad. :grouphug: I'm in a starting over phase myself, so don't feel bad. One of these times it'll stick!

Sis and nephew left this afternoon. Nice to see them, but nice to see them go, you know what I mean? Jase is an absolute delight...have pictures, will post links later. It has been a long 16 days' visit. I should be around more frequently now.

:wave: to all! Will catch up later.

deleted2
04-21-2005, 08:04 PM
Day 215 of the no refined sugar regime! :D

If any of you are interested in fruit juice sweetened desserts, I have a great cookbook. It's called "Sweet and Natural Baking" by Maini Niall. Every recipe is a winner. I've made cake, muffins, cookies, scones from it and they're all fabulous! And I have my eye on a cheesecake recipe.... :s:

Here's today's grub:

coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
ww tortilla w/ peanut butter, spinach, carrots [it's really not bad!]
protein shake [ff milk, blueberries, whey protein]

brocolli quiche [w/ oat crust]
'Thai' soy burger
strawberries

Salad [lettuce, vegs, cheese, beans, tahini dressing]
2 ww breadsticks
fruit sweet. banana cake

exercise: 45 min. 'Firm' video
10 min. weights

wsw
04-21-2005, 08:46 PM
hi all!

punkin-i'm sorry to hear of your stepfather's passing! sure good to hear from you again though.

amarantha-good luck with your unpleasant, challenging situation on saturday. will be sending good thoughts your way.

hi wildfire, eydie, kaylets, arabella, anagram, and to all mentioned,and unmentioned royal ones!

have been doing ok on my mind/body challenge of late. i have been keeping up with as much exercise as ms will allow me these days, doing morning meditation, and tai chi. have also been making healthier food choices. still need work more on portion control, but going in the right direction.

had a nice visit from my golden retriever buddy, mack, yesterday, which was fun! what a great dog. have continued to be under a lot of financial stress, which unfortunately, is on-going, but trying to deal with it as realistically, prudently, and creatively as possible, so feel good about that. well, hope everyone is having a good evening. take care, all.

Amarantha2
04-22-2005, 01:04 AM
Hi to E and Wsw, as well as all mentioned and unmentioned! Just reporting on my mind/body challenge ... actually I did manage to get to gym and do weights ... total body with some yoga thrown in.

W, thanks for wishing me luck on the unpleasant challenging situation ... I'm determined not to let it drive me to SUGAR! :)

Your friend, Mack, sounds like fun ... I am a great lover of dogs, especially my Old Dog, though she still acts like a baby sometimes.

E, your menu looks fab ... how did the oat crust work out? I'm thinking of piecrust with the almond meal ... just reversing the order of the "legal" cobbler, but "baking" the crust in the microwave and cooling before putting fruit on top.

Kaylets
04-22-2005, 06:36 AM
HEllo all!

Punkin! SOOOOOOO Wonderful to see you ! My best to you and your mom....
I really am sorry to hear about your step father's passing.... Glad you shared with us.
How is your mom doing??

And very glad to hear you are being forgiving with yourself.... when these emergency stress experiences are part of our lives, we have to do the best we can and know that is perfectly allright.

Wish I could stay longer but will look in later after work... for some reason the site takes forever to come in at work ....

The human race has one really effective weapon,
and that is laughter."
--Mark Twain

Question of the day :
"What always makes you smile?"

Kettle of decaf chai is on!

deleted2
04-22-2005, 07:16 AM
About ? of the day: my dogs ALWAYS makes me smile. We're taking them to the vet this morning, and before we're taking them for a walk at the park so everybody can admire them. :)

Amarantha, I use the oat crust so I don't "overdose" on wheat. It's really easy and I'll post the recipe later. On to the vet!

Arabella
04-22-2005, 08:02 AM
I don't think I have to tell you all what day it is, esp. since our Punkin has returned. I've got some big news: I'm being promoted to site editor :queen:. It's exciting, and somewhat humbling. I still remember my first contacts with the then-editor (who is still with us but in a part-time capacity) and being slightly awed that the man who ran such a big Web site was corresponding with me... I think the announcement is coming out today...

And -- we're actually going to take a vacation. We'd been planning on Europe but decided it would be too expensive and are going to New York instead. One week at a cabin in the Adirondacks (http://www.cyberrentals.com/NY/Clark3ADIR.html), a few days visiting with my coworkers who both live in NY and five days in NYC. I'm excited!!!

All continues to go well on the healthy WOE and exercise front. The (mostly) daily meditation and mind/body exercise is making a big difference.

Amarantha, my definition of Greasemonkey (the utility that lets you change how Web site content displays) is up onsite: http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/0,,sid9_gci1081776,00.html Ironically, I think a lot of people might like to use something like this to change the display of our site :rolleyes: I may myself, actually (shhhh!)

WSW, glad to hear you had fun with Mack. I really think dogs are my favorite creatures. So much love, so much soul!

Punkin, I think I failed to tell you how sorry I was about your step-father, in the midst of being happy you were back. So very sorry, Sweetie! But glad that you had that time with him that I'm sure you'll always treasure. :grouphug:

You're not alone in that weight gain thing that plagues us so -- I'd gotten down to 195 and then, inexplicably, at some point stopped weighing myself and ended up at 245. 50 pounds!!! :eek: Well, we're on our way down again, right? :yes:

Kaylets, always makes me smile? That's gotta be my grandson! I must say though, that I'm smiling and laughing more and feeling just generally more sunny since I took up this Mayday challenge.

Wildfire, I do know just how you mean about being so glad to see your company both coming and going. Nice to have the house to yourself, huh!

Eydie, are there non-wheat recipes in that book? It sounds awfully good!

:wave: Anagram, Ceara, Momma Frogger, any others who doth lurk -- love to all! Let's make this a great day!

wsw
04-22-2005, 08:47 AM
what always makes me smile is my four-footed friend, mack. kaylets-the quote of the day sure resonates with me. my sense of humor and ability to laugh easily have certainly gotten me through some challenging times.

arabella-congratulations on your promotion! how wonderful! enjoy your vacation in ny---it sounds like it will be great.

well, i am off to do some errands before it heats up much more. i just wanted to say top of the morning to you all. take care.

Wildfire
04-22-2005, 11:44 AM
QOD: What always makes me smile is a "How is your day going?" e-mail from my Irishman...having a friend take the time during a busy work day to check in on me makes me smile all over. :)

Arabella
04-22-2005, 01:22 PM
Yeees. And if that friend happens to be a handsome and charming Irishman, it can't hurt either, right? ;)

Why, I'm smiling all over, myself, just thinking about it :) (whew! is it hot in here?)

Punkinseed
04-22-2005, 01:24 PM
It's FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!! :cb:

Our office closes at 2pm on Fridays now. So, 6:30-2pm feels like a 1/2 day, seriously! I don't know why that 1 1/2 hours off early feels like that, but it does! :dunno:

Kaylets, mums is doing good... she's really been mourning the loss of my stepdad for years. He hadn't been himself in a really long time and wasn't able to do much of anything with, or for, her. She's slowly adjusting to living alone for the first time in her life and asking me (!) for advice on how to do things (like cooking for one). She's out harrassing the horses right now...

WSW, what is it about dogs that just makes life so much better??? I can't wait to get a dog - as soon as I have fencing. Good to see you!

Amarantha, I'll be thinking about you Saturday and hope it goes as well as possible. I have a wedding to go to - one of my best friends - and they always make me weepy/happy and being hyper-emotional I'm hoping I don't blow the blessing from her family that I'm supposed to stand up and read...

Oh, just noticed a new smiley - :barf: - he's cute, and gross - all in one!

Wildfire, geez, how old is Jace now? My niece and brother flew up from LA for everything and I swear she's almost as tall as me now! And talking about driving (she'll be 16 in Sept.). Nothing like kids to make you feel old!

Arabella, congrats on the promotion!!! Your vacation sound wonderful - one of these days I'm going to make it to the east coast area. There's SO much to see! I think there's a trip to Boston/Salem in the my future - but Fiji's first!

Ok, what makes me smile... watching my cats play, being able to witness nature (I have an owl nest in my back yard) and the love of my family and friends.

Have a great weekend everyone! I'm off to car shop with my mom after work (for her) and then home to get cookin' for the potluck/handfasting tomorrow afternoon!

Enjoy!
Terri :encore:

Arabella
04-22-2005, 04:48 PM
Ok -- two things I forgot:

Amarantha, sending you strength vibes tomorrow for that difficult situation!

Punkin, what is handfasting?

There! Happy weekend, All!

deleted2
04-23-2005, 10:16 AM
Arabella, congrats on the promotion!!! :cb: And the vacation place looks really nice. What kind of wood is that that gives some places that golden look?

wsw, it's neat that you're still visiting with Mack. Dogs are just the best!

Wildfire, one day you'll tell us the whole story about your charming Irishman...I hope! Are you still in love with the new house?

Punkin, let us know how the handfasting goes. I love weddings too!

Where's Anagram? Ceara? And I'm still hoping Cerise will find her way back--I miss her. :?:

I like the MayDay sprint. [Thanks, Empress!] It seems that it gives us better focus.

deleted2
04-23-2005, 10:23 AM
Rice milk w/ blueberries and strawberries, vanilla whey protein

coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
ww tortilla w/ peanut butter, lettuce, carrots, cucumber

salad w/ lite Italian, beans
2 slices home made ww pizza [garlic, spinach, cheese]
strawberries***1 fruit-sweet. choc. cookie

brocolli, spinach, peppers, onion, garlic w/ boca burger, lite swiss, tahini dressing
apple

1/2 cup roasted potatoes and onions

Calories: 1765
protein: 75 grams
exercise: 35 min. Pilates machine
10 min. yoga
25 min. dog walk

I love having a day with tons of fruits and vegetables! :D

Amarantha2
04-23-2005, 11:29 PM
Hi, all! :wave: Back from the unpleasant situation, which was, well, unpleasant! :)

But some clarity came out of it and a further extension of the realization that I am responsible not only for my actions and mistakes, but for the thoughts I put in my head and the food I put in my body, as these impact my actions and these impact others.

One nice thing that happened today is that I stayed Sugar Busters "legal" and ate the food I packed as opposed to some really bad choices I could have made. Didn't do as well with the eating pattern per se, as didn't really have an appetite but it'd been easy to eat a candy bar, cupcake or corn chips ... and really, :queen: s, this would not have helped me in the uncomfortable situation in which I found myself today.

This 97-day (I think it's 97) sugar-free (plus refined flour-etc. free) existence is maybe the most monumental positive decision I've ever made in my life. It's the one shining path that is now gonna lead me out of this period of negativity and back to being the person I was meant to be.

E, I think you know what I'm talkin' about here! :wave:

I WOULD LIKE TO PROPOSE THAT ON MAY 2, WE BEGIN A NEW THREAD WITH A NEW MIND/BODY CHALLENGE OF SOME KIND ...

Re my exercise today ... it was two walks, one when temporarily freed from the unpleasant situation and one with Old Dog at night.

I'm posting my eats on a private journal right now, not sure of the menu or cals from today. Just put some low glycemic items in a cooler and ate some of 'em now and then.

I'm not sure when I'll do my weigh-in, but probably not Sunday.

Amarantha2
04-23-2005, 11:31 PM
P.S., my Old Dog makes me smile, always.

Amarantha2
04-23-2005, 11:58 PM
Actually, it's Day 98!

I am braindead!

Arabella
04-24-2005, 07:02 AM
:wave: Good morning, :queen:s I had kind of a trying day yesterday. Nothing catastrophic, just Website issues because they'd done some work overnight on Friday (so things weren't working and I spent a lot of time working without getting much accomplished. And my son had a few friends let him down (as I type this I'm thinking it sounds too petty to even write about, but it affected me) and was in a terrible mood. It was just that kind of day where I felt like obstacles were rearing up in front of me and I got not much done and also didn't enjoy myself. Hate to waste a day like that! I swear I'm taking next weekend off! I'll have a production assistant, so I won't have to do all the Website tasks. That'll make life a bit easier. Also, I'm thinking that with the former site editor working more with the promotion/marketing aspect of the site, I'll save a lot of time that I'd been devoting to e-mail and instant messaging with her. I think...

Today is another day! I didn't manage to exercise yesterday, but did meditate. Off for a walk soon.

Amarantha, so glad you got through that unpleasant business, also that you came out of it with more clarity and understanding. Bet when you've recovered you'll feel better for not having crashed and burned in a sugarfest.

Eydie, the cottage does look nice, doesn't it? Much grander than my house, albeit in that rustic kind of a way. I'm afraid I'm not going to want to leave...

All right. The continuing stoooooory... Off to walk, have breakfast. Spend a couple of hours working and then ... maybe? Get some of the painting done in the kitchen? It apparently isn't going to finish itself. No elves working on it while I sleep, alas.

Love to all! Let's take this day and do the best we can with it...

Wildfire
04-24-2005, 11:32 AM
Finally...a moment to myself.

Arabella, seems you and I had parallel days yesterday. I wanted nothing more than to spend the weekend puttering around the house, doing some sewing and laundry and organzing, with a few movies thrown in for good measure. I ended up going to help a friend is who is way in over her head with trying to set up financial books for her BIL who is starting his own trucking company. What I thought was going to be an hour-long consultation turned into five hours of preparing financial statements for 2003-2004, based on the guy's memory! SO frustrating. My friend has NO accounting knowledge but seems to think she can maintain books for her BIL using Simply Accounting. Yes, the program is basic and will keep track of everything, but one has to know where they belong in the first place!! (You know, that whole debit/credit double-entry accounting logic? )So I sat in this guy's apartment with the two of them smoking like chimneys...I sat next to an open window all day so I could attempt to breathe while it was only 5 degrees out and raining. I got such a chill I couldn't get warm when I came home. Finally had to go to bed, and eventually got warm again under my duvet with space heating provided by three cats. I have to finish up the statements this morning because he needs them for Monday morning....wouldn't you think he would have asked someone to do them earlier than yesterday? *sigh*...and after I had completed them on a calendar basis (as he wanted) he decided it would be better for them to be fiscal periods. I'd had enough by then, so e-mailed them to myself and said I'd send them back today.

So I felt cheated out of what was supposed to be a weekend just for me, which I really, really needed after having company for over 2 weeks.

Punkin, Jase is 11 months old tomorrow and weighs 17 lbs. His adjusted age is more like 9 months because he was premature. He has three teeth and was cutting two more when he left. He is a really happy baby, and still very cuddly, and has the most beautiful blue eyes...well, here are some pictures...one of Jase with DH, and one of Jase with me.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/MsSherlock/100_0869.jpg (Jase and Bill)
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/MsSherlock/100_0860.jpg (Jase and me)

Amarantha, glad you survived the unpleasant situation and stayed on course, to boot! 98 days? :cp: :cp: :cp:

Eydie, stay tuned. I'll fill you in on my Irishman.

Punkin, how was the handfasting? Did your mom find a new car?

(Arabella, a handfasting is a pagan wedding ritual.)

Where is anagram? Not like her to be absent for long...hope her DH is okay.

wsw, hello there! Mack sounds like such a treat...you get to play but don't have to clean up behind him constantly!

Kaylets, how is your weekend going?

ceara, lovely weather we're having...you must love all those muddy doggie paws for days on end... ;)

Better get at those financial statements so I can get rid of them.

Wildfire
04-24-2005, 11:41 AM
Ah, the Irishman, Eydie...:) I've attempted this before and it always goes *poof* into cyberspace...but here goes...(I'll copy the post before I hit Submit this time!) I met him online in 1996 in a chat room that no longer exists. (This was long before the chat rooms were populated meat markets for teenagers and perverts.) I had recently separated from my first husband and went back to finish my Computer Science. It was during those long hours in the computer lab that I ran into him, and we clicked almost instantly. He lives in Indiana. He had such a great sense of humor and seemed so genuine and caring. The more we chatted and learned about each other, the closer friends we became.

During that period of my life, he was the one thing that inspired me. He never doubted my abilities despite the challenges I had, in fact he admired my strength, which I thought was ridiculous...what strength? My life was a mess. I was a single parent living in my sister's basement, trying to survive on $700 a month and finish my education, while dealing with the emotional trauma of ending a marriage. I had little support from my family, both parents were deceased, my first husband was addicted to crack, and even my sister found it in her heart to charge me rent...half of that $700, which left me with $350 to pay bills and feed us. It never quite worked.

Well, my classes were over in January of 1997 (graduated with Honors), which also meant I no longer had access to a computer. I spent a lot of time at a friend's place, who let me use her computer while she was at work, and we hung out in the evenings chatting online, too. After a few months, the job search wasn't going well, I wasn't online much, and was getting really depressed. It seemed like there was no end to it all, no way out. My Irishman would call to check on me since I couldn't get online much. Talking with him gave me relief from the daily financial and emotional stress. One day in particular, my daughter had gone to play with friends, and my sister was going for coffee with another friend of ours and asked if I wanted to go. I didn't have the 95 cents for a coffee...and she didn't offer it...at that moment I really felt like I'd hit as low as I possibly could go. I sat on the edge of the bathtub for probably an hour, thinking there was no point...no one would care if I wasn't around, they certainly didn't seem to when I was...I was tired, and lonely, and just wanted peace. As I sat planning my next actions, the phone rang. I ignored it at first, but when it wouldn't stop I reached for it, and it was my Irishman. Said he was thinking about me, missed me, and wanted to know how I was...whether it was coincidence or not, he prevented me from doing something very permanent. He made me realize there was someone who cared and would miss me if I wasn't around any longer. He saved my life.

I did go on to find a job teaching at a private college, moved to Ontario, married DH...all the while staying in close contact with my Irishman. In 2001, he was involved in a car accident which left him with a serious back injury. He shut down all communication, concentrating on getting himself well physically and dealing with running his business while in recovery. I was devastated. I wanted to be there for him as he has been for me, but he was gone. My e-mails and phone calls went unanswered. I felt like he had died, and I actually grieved for him for a very long time. My heart was truly broken.

In November of 2003 I came across his last e-mails to me. They were hurtful and filled with the pain he was going through. Figuring it would go unanswered as all the rest had; I e-mailed him and asked if we could talk. This time he answered me. I can't begin to explain the joy I felt. If any of you have lost a loved one and wished that you could have them back, even for a moment, imagine how you would feel if it came true. That's how I felt. The sun shone brighter, and all the world was clearer and more beautiful to me, and has been since.

We are closer now than we have ever been. We talk pretty much daily, either e-mail, MSN, or phone. I am closer to him than I am with my best girlfriend. He is my confidant, support, truly my closest friend, and I love him dearly.

And because I'm sure your inquiring minds want to know...he is married. He and his wife were separated when we first met, but reconciled later that year. My DH knows fully my relationship with my Irishman. I was completely open about it when I first met DH, and made it very clear that nothing or no one was going to interfere with it, not even him. It was a condition I insisted on before getting involved with DH. Unfair? Perhaps. But he accepted it at the time, and it has never been an issue between us.

So, there you have it. Now let's see if the cybergods want me to post it. ;)

Arabella
04-24-2005, 01:37 PM
Wildfire, what a treat to have such a lovely long post (two even!) from you. Re: yesterday -- I really feel like sometimes the stars are just lined up funny and many of us have bad days all at the same time. I don't think I worked hard enough to overcome my obstacles yesterday, though. Could feel myself sliding into depression, but I won't let it get me :no: Today is a whole other day, right?

Thanks for the explanation of handfasting, too. I FINALLY "got it" about an hour after I read your post -- handfasting, like joining two hands, right? Before the explanation, I was thinking -- well, what could that mean? Only eating foods you can eat from your hand, like finger foods. O i am dense, sometimes :rolleyes:

AND thanks a million for the story of your Irishman! I think in some alternate universe you and he are together. That's my concept of reality, now, that all possibilities are played out in a multiplicity of alternate universes. And i find it oddly comforting when things don't go the way I want them too, or life seems unfair. I think, well, in some alternate universe my life is different. I just have to deal with how it is in this one! Oh, the husbands I have (in those universes where I'm married -- also like not being married in some of them).

Pls. don't all think I'm totally mad!

I do have to work today because there are editorial-type things to be done for tomorrow. Love again and always!

Amarantha2
04-24-2005, 04:56 PM
[b]Yo, all! Just a quick me-me postie to say I hopped on scale anyhow today and was down .6. This is more than 13 pounds since Sugar Busters ... with NO effort. Very gratifying in the aftermath of the unpleasant situation.

Forced walking pard to stay at park for several more hours than usual and we got extra exercise. Also slidin' into depression, to borrow a term from Wood Nymph. Not sure why I can't get over some things that have happened, but I don't seem to ... mayhap tomorrow, Scarlett! :)

Thanks for sharin' your story, Wildfire. You are lucky to have such a good friend in your life.

E, yesterday one o' the things I packed for the day was a more portable version of the legal sugar free blueberry "cobbler" ... basically I just made it in a larger dish, spreading the blueberries out a little and tamping the toppings down very well. Then I micro'd it for an extra minute or so and let cool completely and get dry. It resulted in a dense, flat alternative to a big crumbly blueberry cookie or energy bar ... totally "legal" ... I wrapped it in foil and stuck in cooler. It made a great snack when I was having trouble feeling like eating.

To all, M&U ...

anagram
04-24-2005, 08:52 PM
Hello, Royals! So much to catch up on. So much to comment on. And I will. Just not tonight.

Short story: After fighting RA flare for five weeks, I finally went to dr. on Friday who put me back on prednisone to slay the beastie. I put it off so long because I did not want to go back on p. and deal with its weight gaining aspects. But sometimes one must do what one must do. Dh more or less ok, last three days or so has had lots of swelling in legs/feet and problems walking but seems to be going in better direction now.

That's all I'm up to Queenies. More anon.

Arabella
04-25-2005, 06:55 AM
Hope all are well in the Palace. Feeling sad today, but that's all right. I just have to remember that sometimes I do and I'm so much better off living with the feeling instead of trying to chase it away (mostly with carbs). Sometimes it seems like the best thing to do is acknowledge the feeling, recognize it for what it is and go ahead and feel it. It just started POURING rain here, absolute torrents. Which is good kind of weather for a sad-feeling day. This too shall pass! I'm back from the gym, will meditate and do some yoga or tai chi. :yes:

Plan-wise, I'm making a more concentrated effort starting today. I've been doing pretty well, staying away from sugar and wheat and processed stuff, but nibbling a bit much and getting a little too much carb matter. Onward!

Anagram, thank you so much for coming in to say how things were going! Sorry that you have to do the steroids again, but you're right -- gotta do what you gotta do. Remember you're much loved! :grouphug:

Amarantha, your blueberry cobbler/square thing sounds healthy, yummy, and convenient! Recipe, pls!

K. My first semi-official day as Editor (pronounce in a deep, resonant voice). I am off to fight dragons. Love to all!

Kaylets
04-25-2005, 07:18 AM
Hello all!

Hope everyone is well!

here's a great way to get our Monday off to good start!!

Why do people constantly return to the refrigerator with hopes that something new to eat will have materialized?

Why do people keep running over a string a dozen times with their vacuum cleaner, then reach down, pick it up, examine it, then put it down to give the vacuum one more chance?

Why is it that no plastic bag will open from the end you first try?

How do those dead bugs get into those closed light fixtures?

When we are in the supermarket and someone rams our ankle with a shopping cart then apologizes for doing so, why do we say, "It's all right". Well, it isn't all right so why don't we say, "That hurt, you stupid idiot?"

Why is it that whenever you attempt to catch
something that's falling off the table you always
manage to knock something else over?

In winter, why do we try to keep the house as warm as it was in summer when we complained about the heat?

Why do you never hear father-in-law jokes?

If at first you don't succeed, shouldn't you try
doing it like your wife told you to do it?

And obviously if at first you don't succeed, then
don't take up sky diving!

And my FAVORITE......

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every
four persons is suffering from some sort of mental
illness. Think of your three best friends, if they're okay, then it's you.

KETTLE IS ON!

Amarantha2
04-25-2005, 08:55 AM
Hi, Anagramatic! :wave: It is so good to hear from you and know you are ok despite having to go on the medication ... definitely gotta do right by thy bod and glad it is helping.

Arabella, congrats on thy assumption of the EDITOR position! Yea, you will slay the dragons handily.

:queen: K, thanks for the smiles today; I am sad also for some reason and it was fun to read these.

Wood Nymph, the recipe for my "legal" (for Sugar Busters) quick cobbler breakfast is to put a little fruit in the bottom of a microwaveable bowl (I typically use frozen UNSWEETENED cherries, blueberries, peaches, or fresh diced pear); top with a layer of 1/8 cup dry Scottish porridge oats (not cr*ppy instant oatmeal or finely milled Scottish or Irish oatmeal ... big, hard PORRIDGE oats) and a layer of 1/4 cup almond meal/flour (this is just ground up almonds ... also like to use this to "bread" chicken or vege dishes); tamp down the toppings into a fake "crust" and spray with a butter spray product that doesn't have any high glycemic additives (like maltodextrin), microwave approximately two minutes or so and remove from the micowave; let set until the "crust" gets dry and "crustlike" ... this tastes (to me) just like "cobbler" or pie but it's really just almonds, fruit and oats ... THERE IS NO NEED TO SWEETEN THIS WITH ANYTHING as almonds, fruit and oats are naturally sweet. The "bar" or "cookie" is formed, as said above, by just flattening it down into a bigger circle by using a larger dish and cooking a bit longer.

This is my 100th day of Sugar Busters. I did NOT have a good weekend as I felt truly humiliated by the "unpleasant thing" on Saturday, but I know that the 100 day mark is a sign that I have to get over beating myself over the head for what led up to Saturday and I need to move forward with my life and regain my natural optimism and hope for the future.

An odd thing that came out of Saturday is that I received a job offer ... which I'm not going to take, but it was an interesting thought. It's well to remember that out of painful experiences, opportunities can arise. :)

I WOULD LIKE TO POST A NEW CHALLENGE ON MAY 2 (or someone else can) AND CONTINUE OUR DISCUSSIONS BUT WANNA MAKE SURE EVERYONE IS OK WITH THAT AND GET EVERYONE'S IDEAS!!!! FEEDBACK, PLEASE? :dizzy:

Arabella
04-25-2005, 12:50 PM
Definitely okay with the new challenge, although I'm going to continue on with the same stuff, which has been very beneficial. Thank you, Amarantha -- I don't think I would have managed to start meditating/getting more consistent w/mind-body exercise without the challenge. Thanks also for the recipe, which I can't wait to make -- what a fantastic breakfast idea. I do also hate the ground-up oats that they call "Scottish oat." I like both the large-flake oats and the whole things (are they called "oat groats?").

Amarantha2
04-25-2005, 05:39 PM
Arabella, definitely I am also going to continue with my gentle and effective meditative and eating habits, too, just think it'd be fun to have a new "challenge" with perhaps a new holiday or season to focus on ...

I can't find the oat "groats" here, but yes I think those are whole oats ... would love to get some. I use what is called Scottish "porridge oats" ... I used to confuse it with the Scottish oatmeal (the very finely ground stuff), but it's not the same. There's also Irish or steel-cut oats and these are very finely milled also.

You can also take oatmeal (NOT instant or quick cooking stuff) and whir in blender to make oat flour. I believe :queen: E posted a use for that a day or so ago. I think it would be acceptible on my Sugar Busters ... not sure, though.

I am done working for the day and taking some time off to get my head in shape ... always very important, dinna ye think, bairns!

Kaylets
04-25-2005, 06:37 PM
Hello all!

Empress, the recipe sounds so easy! I am going to reread it as I am not getting it.... too easy I guess....what could I substitute for almond flour? I have lots of walnuts... whole wheat flour.... hmmmmm

Seems like I too have that slippery feeling but am finding that as make an honest effort of getting my 10,000 steps or equivalent in, I do feel better.
More as the tai chi instructor says " inward smiling".... I know I pulled a muscle in my neck/shoulder area that is very sensitive and am feeling an area in one knee that is warning me to be very careful.....
Another reason to make sure I can have options when I can't do more physical things.....

Empress, you have been my inspiration to get to the gym EVEN if its ONLY for the shower.... after all, why should I not take full advantage of my membership .... after all, its my membership.... why not??

Anagram... sorry about the ra.... did I ever tell you we had a sub Weight Watchers leader who often must take steroids for asthma??? She was very upset by a 10-12 lb gain until she saw her doctor after the gain. He wanted to know what she was eating.... etc... She expected his response to be grim.
Instead, he was enthusiastic and uplifting as the average patient gained 3x what she had gained.... she had taught him how that a 30-40 lb gain didnt have to happen....Her message to us was, life happens, you do what you can...
and keep doing it....

I know you must have tons of info from folks saying " this helps, that helps, spinning sideways, and singing Popeye the sailor man..... "
You know what makes a difference... betcha even your dh knows....

Wildfire, I can't wait to have time to read your posts....
I am a little Irish myself and also do believe that there are many loves in our lives, and some of them are Ones that Got Away becuase the Timing Was Not Right. or I'm just a crazy romantic.

Wood Nymph.... I can relate. And it seems as though the moon is getting full again too..... So... we must treat ourselves gently. Listen to great music, make sure we get to our classes..... Sometimes when we think we are too busy is when we need them most.....

And off I go to my weighin meeting.....

we'll see....

Might have to play the "Muscle is denser than fat so the same area can weigh more."

KETTLE IS ON!

deleted2
04-25-2005, 06:41 PM
Wildfire, thanks for telling us the rest of the story. It's a great story--here's to many more years with your friend! :)

Anagram's back! I was starting to get worried.

Kaylets, thanks for the laffs for the day. I do that vacuum thing all the time, and feel silly EVERY time! :lol:

Amarantha, glad the unpleasantness is behind you. And congrats on your 100 days!!!!!! :bravo: Come on, a year ago at this time, would you have believed it?!

Here's what happened to me Saturday: we had lunch in a nearby town with some friends. And afterwards we're wandering thru town, looking in the shops, and we go into one store and there's about 15 belly dancers in full regalia! They'd just finished a demo and the teacher was posting stuff about classes so I talked to her about it, and told her about my experience with learning from videos and she told me they were about to do a little freestyle and would I like to join them? Well, some power took hold of me and I took off my shoes, someone tied a hip scarf on me and the music started and so did I! It was such fun, I grinned thru the whole thing and my friends got to see a different side of me too! Anyway, looks like I'll be taking those classes just for the sheer joy of it!
And the moral of the story is if I didn't just put myself out there and do it, I never would've known. :D

Kaylets
04-25-2005, 09:03 PM
YAY Eydie, Yes, I am sure you're friends were ADMIRING how terrific it was that you knew the dancing well enough to say " Why not!"....

And the great part about grinning is that you don't have to say a thing!

Time for me to call it a day....

Last cup time!

Amarantha2
04-25-2005, 09:33 PM
:queen: K, the almond "flour" is just crushed almonds, so I'd think any crushed nuts would do. The advantage of this, for my low glycemic diet, is that it's NOT wheat! Also, the almond meal is sweet and crumbly and has natural oils that makes a perfect "piecrust," so that's why I'm so in love with the stuff. I buy two sacks of it a month and keep in fridge.

:queen: E, I'm glad too! :) This is really the first day in a long time I've felt better! Thinking of you encountering the belly dancers! I've taken belly dancing classes and it's great exercise and fun.

K, unfortunately the gym shower lure doesn't work for me anymore as I broke down and bought a water heater! However, I've been talking to my old trainer (well, she's young, but I've used her before, so ... anyhow ...) and am going to set up two sessions (which she owes me from before) for her to work with me and maybe I can get my exercise mojo back.

I was just reading an article denouncing Sugar Busters ... haven't seen one of these in a long time ... maybe it means they wrote another SB book ... anyhow it was so funny to read the mainstream and oft-repeated dietician's tirade against the idea that refined sugar is "bad" and that the whole premise of SB (and of the South Beach Diet, which is similar in Phase II) that you can lose weight and prevent disease by low glycemic eating. It was funny because I KNOW this works (e.g., the low glycemic, refined sugar-free lifestyle). And I know refined sugar is bad, for me at least.

Apologies to anyone who takes offense over so characterizing that ol' Sugar Demon!

anagram
04-26-2005, 12:46 AM
So much activity and emotion in the court! Hail, Punkin, and I'm sorry about all your recent pain. Hugs to you, Ceara, as you count down to the big H. Have you a new contract yet? And sorry about your Saturday unpleasantness, Empress. And a job offer too. Hurrah - even if it wasn't your cup of tea. Glad you're feeling a bit brighter today. Hope the same is true for Wood nymph. I always tend to have a down day at or just after full moon but am a bit thrown off currently.

Eydie, Smiles about your spontaneous belly dance! Recently the subject came up in locker room at pool and I threw those nice old ladies a hip drop that brought down the house. Can't do much of it anymore but a hip drop is so almost second nature. They thought this old lady was a real fruitcake, methinks.

And I am so proud of you, Arabella! It's almost like I MADE EDITOR. Hope your first day went well. Glad to see you posting, wsw. That's always a good day.

And I loved the Irishman saga as well. I don't know what he looks like but I'm picturing him with bright blue eyes and curly black hair (based on an old beau who was also a stalwart in my young life now that I'm old enough and wise enough to appreciate that). How wonderful you were so blessed and so sad he wouldn't/couldn't let you be there for him when he needed you.

And congrats to our sugar free queens. ONE HUNDRED DAYS! AND GETTING CLOSE ON A YEAR NOW FOR EYDIE. INSPIRATIONAL.

How was weigh in tonight, Kaylets? Your loss is inspiring too. How goes the quest to become a leader?

Recent QODs - 70 is perfect temp for me. Princesses always make me smile even when P.4 told me the other week that I'm fat. She was merely being observant but I liked it better when she told me I was "soft". She also told me her 5 birthday (not until August) is going to be a princess party and I can come but I must wear a skirt or dress (no pants, she specified) and heels. She was a wee disappointed when I owned up to not owning a tiara but said I could wear a hat instead. I may just have to get some sort of tiara. Can't say I'm not a good sport.

Anyway, in all my AWOL time, DH and I had a little getaway to a state park resort in WV. End of world but just what we needed. Highlight was a deer standing about 15 feet from our door when we came in one night.

I'll only be on the steroids about three weeks if all goes well. I had gained about three pounds in the six weeks since I had been to dr. before. It was getting very depressing. However, I've lost those since the steroids reduced the swelling. Am trying to be very careful to limit any real gains but am not putting mucho stress on.

The mind/body thing has been brought home to me starkly these last few weeks. So it's a good sprint even though I've missed most of it. I have managed to get to pool, some tai chi, etc. but only moderately moving as joints and all have been so sore. even got to pool and hot tub twice on getaway.

Loving all the spring trees and flowers. Moved two little plants (perennials) today. So much rainy weather. I know it's April and all but need my sunshine for the bones and brain.

I'm still missing much, I'd say, but feel fairly caught up. 'Nite, all.

Kaylets
04-26-2005, 06:44 AM
Hello all!

Thought of the day :

"There is choice possible to us at any moment, as long as we live....."
---Muriel Rukeyser

Question of the day :

"Other than your keys, what else always goes with you, everytime you leave your house?"

Our "new walking doggie routine" almost didnt happen this morning as DH had a very painful night w/ a bad shoulder/ rotocuff injury. But after a cup of coffee he changed his mind. Although he will be at work w/ only seconds to spare, at least its a better late than not.

And I have to admit, as soon as he said he wasnt up to it, I didnt argue or volunteer to take the dogs w/out him.....

and then, go figure, the sweats I was wearing must have been too big as DH's pedometer registerd 750 steps and mine only 160...... I moved the pedometer to my underpants and just packing lunches, etc, registered 450 so there's a lesson for you!

Time to head out for work...

KETTLE IS ON!

deleted2
04-26-2005, 07:05 AM
Good pedometer tips, Kaylets. I've had days where I know mine's off and always just assumed something was wrong with the thing. Now I know it goes on my underwear, thanks to you!

? of the day: I never leave the house without my food journal. If I don't write it all down right away, I forget. And I always take water and a snack of some kind. Yep, it always comes down to food with me! :lol:

ceara
04-26-2005, 08:12 AM
I'm back! Had a long lovely post but it got lost in cyber space, and I don't have time to re-create it. Maybe tonight.

Have a great day!

:wave: to all!

Ceara

anagram
04-26-2005, 08:35 AM
Purse always goes w/me though maybe in the trunk. It always contains a Slimfast bar, dh's medical information , cell phone & numbers, cash, credit cards, etc. (in that order of importance ;) ).

Don't let the cyber lords rain on your day, ceara.

Had a sleepless night last night, thanks to steroids kicking in. Would have preferred that nervous energy in daylight but made some good use of it. Singing in my head though from lessening of discomfort. Finally hit the couch for a few hours - feeling good so far today and am heading for pool later.

Have carrots, celery, cantalope cut up to help me w/munchies. Ate diet jello at 2:30 this a.m. Need to take 3 or 4 meds w/food and don't like to take more than one at a time so this stuff is a big help.

Arabella
04-26-2005, 11:03 AM
Good morning, Lovelies! I've been up since 4:30 but went to bed at 8:30 so I suppose it's ok. Verrrry sleepy, though. Maybe as a consequence of changing seasons. Ah well, I think I don't need to push myself quite so hard any more to get content out there. And, in reality, the new tasks aren't more than the old ones, so that's all good.

Fatigue yesterday ended up contributing to not being OP the way I'd like to be, so I must be on guard today. So far so good...

Kaylets, there's nothing I always take with me when I leave the house, including keys. I've got a habit of leaving the door unlocked if I'm just going for a couple of minutes. :shrug:

Ceara, don't you just HATE that? Always seems like the best posts, too. I've had that happen a number of times, where I just felt really good about a post and then *poof.* And then I start to write offline and copy the message for a bit until I'm lulled into a false sense of security and it happens again. Sigh.

Eydie, what a cinematic moment! Would make a terrific scene in a movie, methinks. And, speaking of script writing, whatever happened to Dena, i wonder? I was thinking of her the other day, but couldn't remember her name.

Amarantha, I'm with you on the evils (for me, too) of sugar. I think it's a yeasty thing, but if I eat sugar, the next day my sinuses are unhealthy. Happens without fail! Was thinking about your unpleasant thing related to things in my life and lives of nearest and dearest. Experience is a kick-*** tough love teacher, huh. I was thinking how my tendency is to try to protect people from things that might be painful, but in doing so, am I not stifling their growth? Need to think more about this.

Anagram, loved the description of the hip drop in the locker room. I'm inspired -- definitely going to check out some belly dancing videos...

Gotsa go. Love to all -- let's make this a good one.

Amarantha2
04-26-2005, 04:39 PM
Hi, Arabella, yup, what Saturday was about was kick-*** take-responsibility time ... I don't know about whether it will produce growth in my character, though, that'll take time to assess!

At least I didn't eat any cupcakes! :)

That's progress, I guess.

No, I don't think you help your loved ones by shielding them from painful things. We've all gotta go through stuff but that's what makes life what it is ... and life is good! :)

Speaking of unpleasant things, :queen: s, I gotta go back to work now!

I'm on Day 101, drinking skim milk and eating my casserole of chicken, brown rice (with a little canola oil added), baby Brussels sprouts, mushrooms.

anagram
04-26-2005, 07:25 PM
On the mind/body angle, one of the things I always try to do to relieve stress is to count good things in my life. Of late, I've been making myself even more aware of these as a source of stability.

Today I had two REALLY good things. We are fortunate enough to have prescription drug coverage and I sometimes don't think much about it. While awake last night I decided to check on the cost of the drugs I inject into DH. I checked a price club pharmacy and was stunned to see that THAT ONE DRUG costs $1000+ a week for his current dosage. Am I blessed or not?

Then a little joy that I'm much appreciating. I've mentioned before that my favorite flower is the lowly violet. Can't remember EVER having any in our yard. DH mowed lawn today and asked where all those violets came from. Well, he's not much of a horticultural type so I figured it was a few little forget-me-nots (another favorite). So I check. In a wide swath on each side of our sidewalk there are hundreds of violets blooming their little hearts out just as if they had been sown for my pleasure. None in the one neighbor's yard and only a few sparse ones on the opposite side. I'm feeling they have some special significance and are indeed JUST FOR ME and I'm thrilled to bits.

Decent day today, foodwise, exercisewise, even considering lack of sleep. Pool and more than an hour's GENTLE yardwork.

Sweet evening, all.

Amarantha2
04-26-2005, 07:56 PM
Anagramatic, that's a lovely story about the violets ... seems sometimes that magickal reminders of the beauty of life are all around us, just knocking on our doors and waiting to be let in.

I'm not sure what, exactly, that last phrase of mine means, except my blood sugar is low and I must away to kitchen to remedy it! :)

Kaylets
04-27-2005, 06:44 AM
Hello all!!

System running very slow.....

Thanks for the violet story Anagram.....

Its true.... I too tend to always look outside my yard for my violets... and am always suprised when I nearly trip over them right under my feet......

Before I too, crash....

KETTLE IS ON

aria2000
04-27-2005, 09:44 AM
Hello all! :coffee2:
Thanks for the reference, Amarantha!

Punkinseed
04-27-2005, 10:36 AM
Mornin' all!

Out on Monday with some horrible flu-like thing running rampant through my body. I had lost a couple pounds - but the apple juice and top ramen (horrible food, but tasted SO good!) kinda undid the loss. Well, soldier on!!!!

I totally agree with Arabella that bad days are somehow "aligned" because yesterday was the *worst* - besides having to come back from being sick and re-do most of what my mom did at work (I'm creating a manual for her so this stops happening) I was just in the foulest mood! Thankfully the planets must've realigned themselves - today seems to be a better day...

Arabella, Editor - ;) Yes, handfasting is a pagan wedding ceremony - and it was beautiful. I had been asked to read the blessing from my girlfriend's family and thankfully I got through it without a tear (I'd practiced reading it out loud). Anyway, traditionally a handfasting is for a year and a day or the couple can choose to say "for as long as our love shall last".

Amarantha, I'm with ya on the next challenge! Maybe we could do a Slimming to Summer Solstice? First day of summer's June 21st.
Congrats on surviving the unpleasantness and keeping the sugar busted!

Wildfire, Jace and DH are both adorable! Thank you for explaining the Irishman... I had an Italian like that when I was married. We've since lost touch, it's a relationship I really miss...
Yes, mums got a new car on Saturday - a 2005 Dodge Magnum with a Hemi in "cool vanilla" with gray interior. Fully loaded, sunroof, GPS, the whole enchilada. Very classy car... I'm happy for her, it's the first luxury car she's had in over 13 years.

Anagram, I hope you're feeling better! Prednisone is the pits - they put me on it for 3 weeks to try to knock out a cluster episode I had - it worked temporarily, but it also had me pulling up a chair in front of the fridge! :eek:

Kaylets, thank you for the reminder - yes, life does happen! I have to give myself some slack and accept that I've dealt with everything the best *I* could. Thank you...

Eydie, I got a huge grin imagining you being pulling out to belly dance! That's SO cool!

:wave: Ceara and Aria!!!

Well, work becons, must away!

Terri

aria2000
04-27-2005, 10:40 AM
:wave:

Danicomia
04-27-2005, 11:38 AM
Hello everybody, Amarantha, Eydie I see the Non Sugar group is abandoned so I followed you here.. I will check from you later if you get this one... MPaz

Amarantha2
04-27-2005, 11:45 AM
[size=7]YO, HOORAY, :queen: A FROM THE LAND FAR AWAY BE JOINING OUR :queen: ly CONFABURATION! Aria, I'm so glad to see ya here! :wave: We be a group o' amazing and intelligent royal women (saith Amarantha modestly, including herself) of all eating, spiritual and intellectual persuasions and you fit that "amazing" description to a T, so please settle into our wee castle here and make sure to get some tea from :queen K!!!!! Huzzah!!! [/

I'm thinkin' o' posting my menus here again, :queen: s, as my private log isn't a lot of fun! I had trouble eating yesterday and that's not good; came out with 1355 cals, less than normal for me. I had:

B: 3 slices Alpine Lace cheese 330
S: 2 percent milk
L: 2 percent milk, chicken casserole (chicken breast breaded with almond meal, brown rice, mushrooms, baby Brussel Sprouts, canola oil)
S: Skim milk
D: Skim milk
S: Nada

Exercise was a 30-minute walk. I also made an appointment to work with my trainer again on Monday.

:queen: s, I need to get the heck outta this funk and I intend to! Punkin, I guess I need to cut myself some slack now, too, so let's just do 'er! Moving on into the sunshine now!

As someone on another board says often: "Life is good."

AND SPEAKIN' O' THAT, PUNKIN, I LIKE THE SLIMMIN' TO THE SOLSTICE IDEA!!!! This also coincides with my final weight goal of 135 by June 19, so for me personally it's significant.

Sorry for the lack o' personal replies, :queen: s ... soon, but to all M&U, well ... ya get the idea!

aria2000
04-27-2005, 12:25 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome, Amarantha!
I am happy to be here. :goodvibes

Amarantha2
04-27-2005, 02:08 PM
And we're happy you're here, Aria!!!! :wave: Keep a'postin' ... it's great to have the palace so active lately and to have new royalty join the ranks!

Ditto that to newly joined :queen: Maria-Paz!!! :wave: It doth seem the No Refined Sugar Club hath made a discreet 'n gentle departure from the scene, but it be good to see thee here, Dani!

:queen: s, I am halfway through my day off and believe me when I say it is REAAAAAALYYYY hard for me to do nothing, but this is a prescription I have issued for myself ... take two days OFF and do, pretty much, nothing. I have gone to Office Max and photocopied something I need to save, gone to the health food store and ground two ounces of almond butter, bought milk (I have to have milk a lot) and took Old Dog for a slooooooow (she's old) walk around the blockie! I can now do further shopping or take a nap ... actually I can do both, I guess.

Later ...[/b]

deleted2
04-27-2005, 06:38 PM
Welcome, Aria and Maria-Paz! :D Please keep posting!

You know, the stars aren't aligned just perfectly for me either. Something feels a little off. I'm okay, just not my ususal effervescent self! :lol: :o Foods alittle off for me becasue of it; I find myself eating without the usual planning and awareness. Must remedy that. Funny how all that's intertwined---if the food's off the mood's off and vice versa. [Oohh, that rhymes! I'll have to make that my new motto.]
Didn't mention that Garry and I had a bit of a row a few days ago and it always takes me a while to recover from it--because we hardly ever disagree. All's well now, but I hate it when that happens! :o

I love the idea of a Solstice Sprint. :) And it's going to be so cool when Amarantha reaches her goal. Reason to celebrate indeed!

Anagram, did you know those violets are edible?! I always have at least one in the spring... ;)

wsw
04-27-2005, 09:04 PM
hi anagram-so good to see your posts! i'm sorry you have had such a long, rough time with your ra. i sure hope the prednisone helps a lot, and without too many side effects. i sympathize about the weight gain side effect, believe me. no fun.

wildfire-thank you for telling us about your irishman. i'm glad that he called you on that very difficult day, and of course, that you made the decision that you did. i am glad you have such a wonderful, close friend. the pix of jace and dh are great.

amarantha-congrats on your 100+ days on sb! terrific!

eydie-that's so neat about your bellydancing in public. pretty neat story! it made me smile.

hi ceara, kaylets, arabella, punkin! aria, danicomia- welcome!

i am having to really push to stay op, but am hanging in there. some times are just harder than others to keep it all together. am continuing with my regular exercise of tai chi, back exercises, etc. physically, things are getting more challenging ms-wise, and am having to take more time just for daily living activities, and that stress, plus the financial, are reminding me just how important stress reduction is for me. i am keeping up with my meditation, deep breathing, etc., while having to figure out more creative ways to maneuver in my condo, etc. i am glad to have these relaxation techniques to help me. sometimes i don't always want to do them, but i realize that no matter what attitude i go in with, they always help me to feel better in the end. it is definitely spring here, and very pretty, and still moderate temps, which i am thoroughly enjoying! well, i wanted to check in and let you know i am thinking of you all, mentioned and unmentioned. take good care.

Kaylets
04-28-2005, 06:54 AM
Hello all!

DH worked till nearly 10:30 last night which made this morning crazed.

I had prepped lunches, change of clothes so he can go directly to bowling this evening if need be but didnt do the same for myself and am regretting it now.
Luckily, I washed the pants I wore yesterday so that's what I'll be wearing.....
I myself, might have a supper date so I am kicking myself as I wanted to look my best since some folks havent seen me in about 3-4 yrs......

Ah well.....

Thought of the day :

"There are two ways of spreading light:
be the candle or the mirror that reflects it."
---Edith Wharton

Question of the day :

"What did you dream about last night?"

Kettle is on!

aria2000
04-28-2005, 08:50 AM
Hi all and thanks for the welcome!
Special hello to Eydie too!
DH is going to hear Bob Dylan tonight (yep, still alive, lol).
So it is "me time night" for me (well, I guess I do have to take care of my 12 year old...)
Have a great day everyone! :sunny:

anagram
04-28-2005, 08:52 AM
Welcome, to the new Royals! Yes, Eydie, I did know (and have eaten) violets, I believe usually dipped in sugar or something. Also marigolds and some others. However, dh had fertilized and weed killed over these so I think they're off limits.

So glad to hear from you, wsw. It's so great you're able to keep on with meditations, etc. despite all. Isn't the spring great?

nicer day out than had been predicted as was yesterday - a truly glorious one. Having lunch w/friend of 43 years who "knows" me so should be a good psychical cleansing (for both of us really because I "know" her too). And really not much else planned - how fortunate!

Solstice sprint works for me as well. In the meantime, let's do a group hug/buckup and get this nasty alignment squared away. Mayday is almost here and we must greet it merrily.

Good one, :queen:s.

Amarantha2
04-28-2005, 09:55 AM
YUP, GROUP HUG/BUCKUP AND SQUARING AWAY THIS NEGATIVE ALIGNMENT WORKS FOR ME, ANAGRAMATIC!!!!

SO, SO, SO: I'd like to suggest that asap everyone pick (and post so's we can share) a positive challenge for themselves in the next four days ('cause that's how much time we have to, ugh, MONDAY, which is the second o' May (correct me if I'm wrong 'cause my brain doesn't work all that well these days ... sorry, that "ugh" wasn't too positive sounding), do it and report on it ... CERTIFICATES OF ACHIEVEMENT WILL BE AWARDED BY THE GOOD FAIERIE O' MAYDAY POSITIVITY!!!

I'd already decided that this was a realignment/readjustment/cleansing day for me, so Anagramatic, you clinched it for me ... HEAD TO A MERRIE MOOD FOR MAYDAY DAY! Thanks! :)

My Thursday POSTIVITY challenge (besides housecleaning ... ugh ... er, hooray) is to get back to my meal patterning journal, which I've been neglecting but which grounds me so I need to do it and to DRINK EIGHT GLASSES OF WATER ... I've been withholding water from myself for some reason and I need to be kinder to me than that!

I will report my menu and water success tonight! I will ask the FAERIE if she'll be able to drop by and award POSITIVITY CHALLENGE CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION TO ANYONE WHO WANTS ONE!

P.S., my feelings will not be hurt if no one joins this mini-challenge, but the FAERIE might be p*ssed. :)

deleted2
04-28-2005, 08:01 PM
Yes, Anagram, a big group hug is in order. I'm feeling better already because of the wise counsel of Queens Anagram and Amarantha. YES YES YES, I want to end this sprint positively and shake off the grey-ish cloud that's been lingering over me for no apparent reason.

My food plan is off---Still sugar free [day 222!] but I'm just eating way too much. And Water intake is way low. I'm back to posting my food journal tomorrow. Maybe it's because I've had a busy work week. I've had to prepare lunch for 20 every day this week and it's hard being surrounded by food for about 6 hours a day. Thankfully, exercise is still on track; I'm not willing to compromise on that.

So Amarantha, my plan for the next 3 days is to get my food plan firmly back in place.

anagram
04-28-2005, 08:36 PM
My resolve is to sprint into May with a POSITIVE ATTITUDE. Am feeling very relaxed this evening and want to maintain that. My food isn't really bad but not as good as should be so I'll work on that but mostly just want to stay on an even keel and enjoy GOOD THINGS and let my body/spirit heal. I've always considered MAYDAY our unofficial Royal Holiday and am looking forward to it with relish. Did we not one year set an "official Maypole Dancing Hour" at which time we sort of "got together" virtually, or psychicly set out minds to the same thoughts? Or 'twas that another Official Occasion?

aria2000
04-28-2005, 09:09 PM
My plan for the next 3 days is to get organized with tons of paperwork to sort through, so I am not tempted to eat out of stress. Also I should get out for at least a 30 minutes walk a day, unless it is pouring. :rain:

Amarantha2
04-29-2005, 04:52 AM
Yo, :queen: s!!! I am lovin' the plans posted so far to dance into Mayday with a POSITIVE attitude and renewed sense o' well-being!!!

YEA, ANAGRAMATIC, I DO THINK WE DID AN OFFICIAL MAYPOLE DANCE or at least set a time for an psychic "meetin' o' the royal minds' or something. Could we do that again on Sunday ... set a time and whatever we are doing take a moment to think of the PALACE and ITS ROYAL DENIZENS (us) IN A JOYFUL AND HEALING MANNER AS WE PREPARE FOR A SLIMMIN' (or maintainin') VOYAGE TO THE SOLSTICE, WHEN THE FULL SUN WILL RETURN TO OUR HEARTS 'N MINDS ... well, ok, in Arizona, the full sun is pretty much already here, but in a virtual sense, it's not really been in my mind ... hmmm ... anyway ... yes, we did talk about a maypole dance ... and remember when we were doing the walks around the 21-day blocks, I remember envisioning eclectic Renaissance inspired clothing billowing in the gentle wind as we strolled the royal sidewalks (aided by Towel Boys) full o' happy folk ... with gentle white clouds floating effortlessly in the blue sky above and colorful silken tents serving us healthy snacks (ok at the time, mine consisted o' cupcakes, but that's in the past) ...

Guess that's what I'm tryin' to say ... it's in the Bible: "For lo the winter it is past and the voice of the turtle has sounded in the land!" Something like that ... I've posted that quote in places before but I like it ... this solistice challenge, for me, will be in honor of that great thought ... life goes on and we do, too, so good-bye winter!

Or something.

Anyhow, one thing I'm vowing is to get enough sleep each and everyday, so I'd best post my challenge results from yesterday and go back to bed:

WATER CHALLENGE: Drank SIX .9 L bottles to cover the eight full glasses I'd pledged. Like to say I'd do that again Friday (today) but can't deal wi' it! Maybe sometime ...

MEAL PATTERNING CHALLENGE: Stuck to pattern and ate enough of the right foods, journaled in the paper journal and here's the menu:

B: 2 oz almond butter
S: "Legal" sugar free blueberry "cobbler"
L: Broc/cauliflower soup (2 servings broc, one serving cauliflower, steamed in microwave then blended in Magic Bullet ... to be honest, I had to force myself to eat this, even though it was good ... I've been depriving myself of healthy stuff for awhile and my mind wants to go on doing that, which will eventually lead to trouble, so I allowed the bod to overrule the mind and ate the soup)
S: Legal sugar free cherry "cobbler" (shouldn't eat this twice in a day but discovered I had a pack of frozen unsweetened cherries that I didn't know about, so ...)
D: Faux turkey nuggets (lean ground turkey, egg white, curry powder and roast chicken seasoning, browned in skillet with 2 T canola oil ... I NEED healthy fat in my diet, so's ok), topped with 2 percent mozzarella cheese ... would have had a vege with this but didn't have any)
S: Nada

Cals 1680
Exercise: Cleaning

I'm going to take the rest o' the challenge one day at a time. MY FRIDAY CHALLENGE is just to continue the meal patterning AND to have at least one vegetable serving sometime (mushrooms don't count, they are fungi)! I'm also pledging one bottle of water!

Amarantha2
04-29-2005, 04:55 AM
E, CONGRATS ON THE 222ND DAY!!! Hooray! I think I'm at 104 as of Friday, will need to verify that later. Back to my vow o' sleep now!

anagram
04-29-2005, 05:42 AM
Ah, royal thoughts of spring and of winter being delegated to the land past! Just the ticket to get through a rainy weekend. Just the thought to make me finish (start?) the closets, drawers and finish organizing { ;) } the summer clothes.

Will start with Slimfast or oatmeal this a.m., get in my 8 glasses of water, plus ONLY decaf green or herbal teas and no Tab, continue clearing papers from dining room table office (did real well on that yesterday), tackle some very small cleaning projects, and work on aligning my royal sacktime with what my body tells me. Another few steps on the road to sanguinity.

Am awaiting the sun to arrive from :queen:s Arabella and Kaylets (and others who may also be to the East) and will send it on to :queen:s westerly as time moves through the day. Not sure of the exact order (a project) but think wsw, Eydie, and Wildfire be close in line. Don't know location of newest :queen:s so will think of them with welcome at times between.

anagram
04-29-2005, 05:51 AM
Plus am totally on board for a virtual meeting at any convenient time. Evening EDST preferred.

wsw
04-29-2005, 07:07 AM
i too plan to sprint in to may with a positive attitude, continue with daily meditation, exercise, and more healthy portion sizes of healthy food. my positive attitude, perseverence, good sense of humor, and using my little bag of relaxation techniques have gotten me this far, thankfully(!), and i plan to hang on to them. for the next few days, i also plan to get more much-needed sleep, and coninue op. one huge stressor regarding finances has been resolved, and though that area is still very challenging and will continue to be, i am grateful that there is one less stressor "keeping me awake at nights." i am also very proud of myself regarding how i handled that long, difficult situation-both practically, and emotionally. sometimes, i forget what a strong person i am, and it was good to be reminded recently. well, good morning anagram, amarantha, aria, eydie, arabella, wildfire, kaylets, punkin, and to all the lovely royals, mentioned and unmentioned. thinking about you all makes me smile, and reminds me just how lucky i am that all you wonderful ladies are here! take care, and have a great day, one and all!

Arabella
04-29-2005, 12:57 PM
Flying by -- got about 3 hours sleep last night and finishing up tasks for EOM along with new Site Editor duties so am busy and zonked. Nevertheless, I have proclaimed that the whistle blows as soon as I finish the necessary duties today and I am NOT working this weekend. Love to all, welcome to newbie Royals, and Huzzah!

Amarantha2
04-29-2005, 10:27 PM
Flybye here as was a looooooonnnng day in the royal salt mines! So happy to see so many royal posts here ...

Wsw, if thou forgetest again what a strong person thou beist, come and ask us here at the castle as we've always known it! Congratulations on getting through the long difficult situation.

Anagramatic: I am westerly o' Arabella 'n Kaylets, as well as very far westerly o' the new :queen: Aria ... not sure o' :queen: Dani's location, actually.

Except here in Arizona we don't need anymore sun as it is with us always! :) (the better to see the smog)!!! :laugh:

Arabella, enjoy thy work free weekend. I need to work having sacrificed last Saturday to the unpleasant situation ... will just be writing a few things up, though.

I can do a virtual meeting anytime, too, so long's it be a mind thing rather than a chat we're talking about, as I work most evenings (and daytimes).

My one bottle o' water challenge went well and I drank the water! :) Did a paper journal but won't be postin' the menu as it's mainly dairy stuff again ... gotta stop that ... cals good, and I DID get in a serving of brussel sprouts (ate 'em for breakfast so I wouldn't have to do 'em later).

To all, mentioned and unmentioned, avanti!

We march on to MAYDAY! HOORAY!

anagram
04-30-2005, 07:31 AM
Marching on to Mayday, hurray!!!! Meant sun in the daylight sense, Empress, as I was expecting cloudy skies here yesterday. Got sun instead to some degree which helped make it a good day. But rain this a.m. and that's ok too as it's always sunny in the court.

Good day yesterday. Met most goals. Less paperwork, more small projects than anticipated. Enough liquids, an hour of gentle exercise in the pool. Food good until evening. I had been amazed not to have had the pred. food furies too badly but last night they kicked in. I've been relying on the carrots, celery, cantalope and rice cakes but even so.....Did go to bed early. Dh and i seem to be on different schedules and I've been trying to align w/his and it hasn't been working (esp. since on pred. which also messes up my sleep). But feel much better rested after my early bedtime.

And I second the Empress, wsw. Thou art a royal of strength and character and I tip my tiara to you always.

Leisurely day planned, fingers crossed.

Amarantha2
04-30-2005, 09:40 AM
Glad thou had a good day, Anagramatic, sorry thy sleep be messed up. Mine's been that way awhile also, but it's mostly due to my bad habits ... another deficiency I need to amend in the next few months! :)

I DO BELIEVE TOMORROW BE MAYDAY, HOORAY!!!

We made it!

Gotta work some, then I have a little personal ritual to take care of to allow the negative spirit I've been operating under since March to gently leave my life so that I can move forward ... I learned much from this negative phase, but desire to let it go now ...

anagram
04-30-2005, 10:18 AM
Sleep settling down a bit now that I'm down to one quarter of the dosage I started with a week ago. And I too am determined to amend my bad habits to make the most of good deep sleep.

Ah, 'tis the time apparently to let that spirit go and I'm with you in telling it to depart. The freshness and joy of Mayday leave no room for it. You have now been so many days sugarfree, you can send it to go with the sugar demons.

I'm lazy today but happy. Showered but not even dressed yet. Hurray for me!

Amarantha2
04-30-2005, 11:38 AM
Yea, Anagramatic, I have resting for an hour and telling the Negative Spirit that it must away to go live with the Sugar Demon and Cupcake and it can never return to this house! It's packin' its duds and seems resigned to the move! :)

anagram
04-30-2005, 11:49 AM
Huzzah to the banishment of the Negative Spirit from the Land of the SugarFree, Weight Losing Empress! And from the Lands of All Other Royals!

Mayday Rules!

Amarantha2
04-30-2005, 11:56 AM
Yea, A! :wave: Isn't there a song in the old musical "Camelot" that fits the occasion ... "t'is May, t'is May, the month o' yes-you-may ..." or something! :)

E, if ya happen by the palace soon, please disregard my pm re the new journal site ... it's too much trouble and I be abandoning it! :)

Amarantha2
04-30-2005, 08:29 PM
Saturday, the LAST day o' April ... my Day 105 (I think).

:queen: s, since it's Mayday tomorrow, MAY I request that everyone sashay over to the Great Hall 'n join in the celebration of our passage through the challenges we've encountered during this Mayday, er, challenge ... and do the Happy Maypole Dance together as we bid our negative spirits good morrow 'n may they trouble us no more as we enter into "Slimmin' To the Solistice" as we've all agreed to hop on board that summery royal train 'n challenge ourselves in POSITIVE ways as we move to our respective goalies! (E.g., it'd be great to have all :queen: s post their thoughts tomorrow on this thread 'n then we can have a nice cuppa and on Monday, post a new thread ... :)

I feel I did really well in the movin' on to a better place today ... took a long drive for the first time in a month and a half and started a painting that depicts my feelings about what's been going on in my life ... now it's time for a wee nap and I need to work tomorrow.

aria2000
04-30-2005, 10:03 PM
Hello all!
Just checking in after a looooong day that started with an 8:30am job this morning! :yawn:
Looking forward to an exciting May!
How did that happen so soon anyway?

Amarantha2
05-01-2005, 12:04 AM
Hi, A!!! :wave: Yup, it's May (that rhymes) ... almost anyway (rhymes)!

Not sure how it happened so soon, but I'm GLAAAAAAD!!!!

See ya!!!

deleted2
05-01-2005, 06:05 AM
Good morning! :) Sorry I've been remiss with posting, but I've really and truly been busy and don't see a lull in my work schedule until May 8th. That's okay, right after that we're planning a short trip to the beach.

Had the day off yesterday and I went out and bought myself a huge pile of clothes! I really needed some new stuff. As usual I get home and see that everything I bought is black! I just can't seem to branch out into color. Oh well, at least the jeans are blue! Oh, I did buy some sunglasses with classic rose-colored lenses, we'll see if that changes my outlook!

You know, shopping for clothes isn't my favorite thing. It's really a chore for me. I don't have the patience to slog thru all the racks; Garry's generally the one who can find things with his artist's eye.
The point I'm trying to make is shopping used to be really painful, traumatic even. I could never find anything to wear and I got into a rut of wearing the same thing over and over, because I thought there was nothing else for me.
So I'm really grateful [for a number of reasons] that I took this journey, and smaller sizes are just one of the many blessings from it. I could go on and on, but you know what I mean! ;)

anagram
05-01-2005, 06:24 AM
Ok - sashaying in. Dawn is just thinking of arriving here this Mayday and I'm so excited about Dancing Around the Maypole. I've picked out a bright yellow ribbon as I think it's almost the merriest color (hot pink a close second) and as soon as the Towel Boys get it properly attached to the pole, I'll begin my dance, slowly at first, and let the joyful frenzy build. Thou touch'est the lyrics properly, my Empress. And for some reason today I'm focusing on a lyric that also points out the "lustiness" of May. So, on top of my other goals, I'm adding that of "lustiness". To sing lustily, dance lustily, breathe lustily, play lustily, work lustily. Think lustily?

Happy Holiday, Highnesses!

Amarantha2
05-01-2005, 01:32 PM
... er, May, singeth Amarantha as she joins hands with her sister Royals on the Palace Green, Renaissance clothing billowing in the wind, grasping also the colorful streamers attached to the flower-bedecked Maypole and ...

Well, ya get the idea.

In reality, I'd like to declare my Slimmin' to Solstice personal challenge right now as I'm starting today in anticipation o' the new thread tomorrow.

For various reasons and not to be negative ('cause we're not DOIN' that this month), I've screwed up reeeeeaaaallly a lot in recent months and one o' the not-so-good things I've done is to forget to be kind to me. One way I've always been kind to me is to make friends with the Exercise Mojo who used to come out 'n play with my Inner Child (IC).

But for some time, probably due to a desire to lie on the couch and feel sorry for herself, my recalcitrant IC has REFUSED to go out 'n play in the sun (or the gym) with EM. So I've decided to be a good parent and send her (IC) to AMARANTHA'S SUMMER SOLSTICE BOOT CAMP!!! :stress:

Here's the curriculum: From today to June 19 (the last Sunday before the Solstice), IC will exercise 420 minutes per week under the direction o' :drill: Sgt. Amarantha. :faint: This can be any exercise and can be broken up through the week in any way IC desires. IF A WEEK'S MINUTES ARE NOT COMPLETED, THEY WILL BE ADDED TO THE NEXT WEEK'S MINUTES, AND SO ON AND SO ON AND SO ON! (If completed, IC gets the satisfaction o' a job well done)!!!

This works out to an hour a day, but again, it doesn't have to be completed that way ... can be broken up any way or all 420 can be done on one day if IC feels she can do 'er! :faint: I will log the minutes here and on the new thread when it's posted. Will probably do a spreadsheet for it also.

WEEK O' MAY 1-7 MINUTES COMPLETED SO FAR: 60 (took walk), MINUTES TO GO: 360!

aria2000
05-01-2005, 08:01 PM
Hahaha Eydie! Everything black, huh? You remind me of myself. When I buy black I know for sure it fits with everything I already have!

Amarantha2
05-01-2005, 10:33 PM
Hi, Aria!!!! :wave:

We are missing some :queen: s at the Mayday Celebration ... huzzah, seems there's a lot o' Mayday Punch (?) left in the larder ... sigh.

My IC (Inner Child) hath rebelled about the 420-minutes o' weekly exercise at Amarantha's Summer Solstice Bootcamp, so I had to go get her and take her to a more lenient camp. (Translation: Decided to amend my challenge as an hour a day be a bit ambitious for a person who's been pretty much lying on the couch for a month and a half ... also Sugar Busters tends to be a program for people who do not exercise intensely ... no kiddin', it says so in the book ... so while I intend to stay on SB AND eventually exercise intensely, I think I'll cool it). SO ...

MY BOOTCAMP CHALLENGE IS TO EXERCISE A MERE 280 MINUTES A WEEK FOR MY IC'S EDIFICATION! This is an average of 40 minutes per day. All the other stated rules 'n regs of my challenge apply! :drill:

Going to bed to read now! Bye :queen: s!!!

Amarantha2
05-02-2005, 08:42 AM
TOOK THE LIBERTY O' POSTING THE NEW CHALLENGE THAT WAS PROPOSED BY PUNKIN: SLIMMIN' TO SUMMER SOLSTICE! THERE'S SUGAR FREE VIRTUAL DONUTS IN THE GREAT HALL, SO PLEASE C'MON IN AND POST YUR :queen:-ly CHALLENGES ... HUZZAH!