Support Groups - exercise is a dirty word...

View Full Version : exercise is a dirty word...

JenR
04-09-2005, 04:23 PM
every time i hear it, i was my mouth out with chocolate :)

hi ladies!! feel free to jump on in. i and a few other new girls decided to start our own support group. anyone can join the fun though.

we can do this girls!!!

guess we should give a little info about ourselves :)

Marie
04-09-2005, 04:30 PM
Hi Jen, I too think exercise is a dirty word. I force myself to do it, I always feel better after I've exercised, but I hate starting (and doing) it. I wish I found it fun. I love to go for walks in the woods, but since it's so hilly, it turns into exercise and I just look forward to being done. If you have any words of wisdom, let me know.
Marie

JenR
04-09-2005, 04:31 PM
this is me:
http://images.snapfish.com/342%3C773923232%7Ffp4%3Enu%3D3232%3E784%3E988%3E23 23784%3A79%3A89ot1lsi

i'm 5 feet even and as of today 214 lbs. i look like a linebacker :lol:
i've been overweight for 7 years now. i've been on every diet imaginable and had no long term success. seems like i lose a little and then stop.

i got a serious wakeup call in february:
~my thyroid is fine as well as my blood counts. my overall cholesterol is a little on the high side, but she was least worried about that.

bad news:
~my triglycerides are really high. the high end of normal is 150-160...mine is 227 we MUST get that down!!
~my level of "good" cholesterol (HDL) is very low. should be higher than 60mg but mine is at 15 we MUST get that up!!!
~one of my liver enzymes came back at 45. 45 is when they start worrying.

my exercise consists of:
cardio (mainly treadmill) 45-60 minutes 6 days a week
strength 20-30 minutes 3 days a week.

i'm not on any specific eating plan right now as i'm waiting to see my doctor on monday to discuss my options. i've spent this past week making a list of everything involved with my weight, physical, mental, emotional, etc. i've also done research on surgeries, pills, etc. i plan on taking all of this info with me monday. i also ahve another secret weapon: my mother in law (MIL) ...she's a very aggressive person when need be so i think it would be wise to have her in my corner when i see the doc.

JenR
04-09-2005, 04:34 PM
Hi Jen, I too think exercise is a dirty word. I force myself to do it, I always feel better after I've exercised, but I hate starting (and doing) it. I wish I found it fun. I love to go for walks in the woods, but since it's so hilly, it turns into exercise and I just look forward to being done. If you have any words of wisdom, let me know.
Marie
hey marie! good to see you!
people look at me like i've got two heads when they learn that i honestly enjoy working out. i do, i love it. it is a stress reliever for me. after being home with my girls all day (mostly my 2 year old since my 7 year old is in school), i need my exercise time.
as far as exercise goes. find something you lvoe to do...walking, riding bikes, rollerblading, playing ball with kids, etc...the more you enjoy it, the more you'll do it is what i've learned :)

sweetlilac
04-09-2005, 04:46 PM
I FOUND U!!!

My name is Melanie but u can call me Mel. I am going to be 38 tomorrow and I made a dec that I dont want to be FAT at 39. My son is alway telling me ..."Mommy if u do what that lady did u could be skinny too." These are the wonderful ads on tv. I like to read, walk and listen to music. I do like to tan I figure brown fat is better then white fat. I tan real easier so I get dark quick. I know is not good for me. :(

I too hate execrise...My problem is finding time to do it. I work full time and get home around 5:45 and the time I get dinner started and dish done....play with the kids and I do go to my Sis and tan I am ready to fall down and sleep. I hope now that it is getting warmer and stay lighter out that I will be abt to get the walking in. ;)

I love the support thing thanks Jen for setting it up.

SO come on ladies LET'S DO THIS!!!!!!

sweetlilac
04-09-2005, 04:52 PM
Gald to meet u marie and I hope to see u hear alot. Jen u dont look like a line backer silly girl!! I have all my weight in my stomach.

gemini2
04-09-2005, 04:57 PM
hi,i'm gemini2
this is my first time ever online to chat with anyone. i wish you ladies good luck. i'm also struggling with my weight. got my blood pressure down still working on lowering my cholesterol. hope to hear from anyone soon.

sweetlilac
04-09-2005, 05:06 PM
:balloons: WELCOME !!!

Glad to have u and post often so we can get to know u. :D

JenR
04-09-2005, 05:12 PM
hey gemini!!! yes, i agree with mel. stay and post often. we'd be happy to have you :)

kati3l3unny
04-09-2005, 06:55 PM
i was cleaning my car ...... thats exercise right ?

lol i'm kate i'm 33 for a couple more months at least. i've been exstatically married to jim for 12 year and we have two children, toby is 8 a real cutie, gabby (gabrielle) is 6 and a little tornado, she sure makes life interesting ;)

i'm english and living in wisconsin i've been in the states for 8 years, liking it better now, was very homesick for several years, but i'm hyper and totally obnoxious (i know where my daughter gets it from :D) and i make friends really easily.

i was 235lbs when i stated errrr 4 days ago lol and my goal is to be 150 i'm 5'7 so with my taller frame i carried my weight really well for a long time, so it wasn't noticable. now it is.

i have no reason for my overeating, i'm not unhappy, had a great childhood, don't hate myself, (infact i think of stuff all the time and crack myself up :D) i don't have time to get bored and if i did i have a craft closet full of unfinished stuff i can do.

well thats me

ok this is going to sound icky but my stomach just kinda dropped and now its like this hangy thing did that happen to any of you ?

~kate~

JenR
04-09-2005, 10:47 PM
so, today was a bad bad bad day food wise. horrible...worst in a long time. no exercise either. yeah, it's been a bad day. worst in a long time.
oh well. nothing i can do about it now except make sure i get back on track tomorrow http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=20245&stc=1

sweetlilac
04-10-2005, 11:17 AM
Kate welcome and u sound so fun I wish we lived closer. My weight is in my belly too. I know what u mean abt belly looking like it dropped. But with the support of this group we can do this.

JenR Hey we all had a bad day just pick yourself up and start again.

Well I got into work today and my girlfriends decied to have a suprise B-day for me. THey brought donuts and a birthday cake and they are buying me lunch. SO i wanted to start my new life style today but i guess i should of went with my first instict and start tomorrow.

So I am goint to start tomorrow. I am in today working overtime and wouldnt u know it is going to be 75 to 80 degrees out.

Well I will talk to eveyone later
Mel

JenR
04-10-2005, 11:38 AM
hey kate! welcome :) good to see you made it!!!
i don't even want to talk about my stomach after 2 babies ;) but yeah, i know the dropping thing very well. ugh.

mel~ how sweet of your friends to throw a surprise party for you! cake. yum!!! tomorrow is a good day to start. no temptations of cake!!

JenR
04-10-2005, 12:02 PM
question:
what are everyone's goals? are they a set of small goals or just one large goal? what are you going to do once you reach those/that goal?

kati3l3unny
04-10-2005, 12:43 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yey presents (i get more excited about the children on my birthday ! lol :D)

and don't worry about one bad day jen, we've got a very long road ahead of us, and i'm sure we will all fall back now and again.

lol lilac i was voted class clown every year of high school ;) i have a warped sence of humor.

my goals well ultimate goal is to be 150 (i was 156 when i met hubby, and i was'nt super thin but a comfy weight my tummy was just a little rounded but not overweight.

my mini goal is to lose 20lbs by mid july (actually hoping for a lot more, but i figure that is realistic) just to prove my mother-in-law wrong and look better for the family picture. and my reward ..........
will be to say ne-ner-ne-ner-ne-ner to her .... well at least under my breath ;)

~kate~

kati3l3unny
04-10-2005, 12:47 PM
hey would you girls like to set up a weigh in day ? like every monday or something ? lets do it ......... everyone weigh yourselves tomorrow morning and we can share tomorrow :D

i like the monthly goals they do but i want something weekly to keep my going .
~kate~

sweetlilac
04-10-2005, 01:53 PM
Kate I too have a warped sense of humor as well. The girls at work thinks I am on the crazy side....hmmm maybe i am!!!

Presents I be lucky to be able to have 10 min to my self with the boys screaming for something.

Yes I would like to have a weight in on Monday that works for me!!

MY goal for now is to:
Drink water abt 60-70 oz a day
execrise 3 times a week
eat healthty of course!!
I will change them as times goes on

the exe will be a big challange I dont like to do it. I wish I was like JenR and love to do it. But I am going to make myself do it.

JenR
04-10-2005, 02:46 PM
the exe will be a big challange I dont like to do it. I wish I was like JenR and love to do it. But I am going to make myself do it.
you'll get there. i used to hate exercise. i stuck with it though and now i can't imagine not doing it.

JenR
04-10-2005, 02:53 PM
hey would you girls like to set up a weigh in day ? like every monday or something ? lets do it ......... everyone weigh yourselves tomorrow morning and we can share tomorrow :D

i like the monthly goals they do but i want something weekly to keep my going .
~kate~
mondays are good weigh in days.

weekly goals are good for motivation.

JenR
04-10-2005, 02:57 PM
short term goals:
~drink 80-100oz water daily
~exercise 6 days a week
~weigh once a week (soooo hard!!!)
~take meds (i'm bipolar/manic depressive) and multivitamins daily

long term goal:
~be healthy
~get weight range between 120-135 pounds, depending on where i feel comfortable.
~be a role model for my girls :)

JenR
04-10-2005, 03:00 PM
http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/otn/party/beerchug.gif

here's to an awesome week girls!!!

sweetlilac
04-10-2005, 03:10 PM
Your right Jenr mini goals are good. That why i put a mini goal on my sig....i need to have a weekly one hmmmm..........so I will walk a mile at least 3 or 4 times this week.

JenR how long have u been bi-polar and manic? My dh been on meds for abt a year and half now for them. They seem to have a hard time getting the right combo for him. Is it that way for u?

JenR
04-10-2005, 04:41 PM
JenR how long have u been bi-polar and manic? My dh been on meds for abt a year and half now for them. They seem to have a hard time getting the right combo for him. Is it that way for u?
i was diagnosed as bp/md a few months ago, but have been dealing with depression/anxiety for more than 10 years.
the first med they put me on did great with it, but i craved carbs like you wouldn't believe and gained 20lbs in a month :dizzy: now i'm on .50mg risperdal and 40mg prozac. i can totally tell within a day if i've forgotten to take my meds. i'm become this raging ***** x4 ....sucks that i'll probably have to take meds for the rest of my life, but worth it.

sweetlilac
04-10-2005, 05:06 PM
that is good that they have your meds work for u my dh still isnt on the right meds and his dr just says well we will try something else. He is on dapkote and lexapro(sp) and clopin.

I know it can be hard at times, I can tell when he forgets his meds too he a royal pain in the rear.

What state do u live in? What time do u go to the Dr tomorrow? Let us know what happens.

JenR
04-10-2005, 05:34 PM
What state do u live in? What time do u go to the Dr tomorrow? Let us know what happens.
i live in tennessee. my appt is at 10:45am cst. i'm nervous but am trying to ge tmyself ready. i'm a very emotional person. i hope i can get through the appt without bawling!

sweetlilac
04-10-2005, 06:09 PM
dont worry if u bawl then he will know u really care and need the help. I will be thinking of u tomorrow. Take that mother in law with u and let her tell him what u cant. We are not to far form each other, my uncle lives in tn around in dollywood area. I never been there. I like to go down there but not until the boys get a little bigger and can handle the ride down.

Well tomorrow my big day. Wish me luck.

We can do this girls!!!!

JenR
04-10-2005, 06:45 PM
quick magazine recommendation:
women's health
has great articles, is a great sized magazine, shows great exercises. this is just my first issue but it's already become one of my faves.

sweetlilac
04-10-2005, 07:16 PM
JenR have u read shape I hear that is good too.

JenR
04-10-2005, 07:37 PM
yeah, i do. i'm subbed to shape, fitness and mucle and fitness hers.

kati3l3unny
04-10-2005, 08:56 PM
you guys are way to motivated lol i put on fit tv and do the warm ups (skip the work out) and do the cool downs ........ or sit and drink my water and giggle at the exercise outfits they wear ;)

i was good today though, i played wiffle ball with my hubby and kids, went to the batting cages (didn't actually bat but i cheered loudly ;))and did a bike ride (gabbys has one of those follow bikes thats attatched to mine so its a bit of a work out :D) might walk them to school tomorrow the walk there takes about 20 mins and back around 15 (when i'm on my own and not investigating bugs, leaves, sticks etc)

good luck tomorrow girls.

~kate~

JenR
04-10-2005, 09:16 PM
weird. i posted an answer to your question, didn't see it, posted it again and now my original post is there. weird ...

JenR
04-10-2005, 09:21 PM
you guys are way to motivated lol i put on fit tv and do the warm ups (skip the work out) and do the cool downs ........ or sit and drink my water and giggle at the exercise outfits they wear ;)

i was good today though, i played wiffle ball with my hubby and kids, went to the batting cages (didn't actually bat but i cheered loudly ;))and did a bike ride (gabbys has one of those follow bikes thats attatched to mine so its a bit of a work out :D) might walk them to school tomorrow the walk there takes about 20 mins and back around 15 (when i'm on my own and not investigating bugs, leaves, sticks etc)

good luck tomorrow girls.

~kate~
they do wear some cheesy outfits don't they :lol:
i find the workouts to be really good as far as strength work goes. i can pass on the cardio/step workouts for sure.
neat that you guys live close enough to the school to walk them. i'd love to do that.
great day, kati http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=20245&stc=1

kati3l3unny
04-11-2005, 01:42 AM
yeah its kinda weird, we live in a home school district, that doesn't mean that everyone home schools thier kids, just that only kids from our subdivision can go to it. our subdivision is about 7 blocks by 4 blocks, there are less than 400 students there from early childhood-6th grade. everyone knows everyone else, the whole of our subdivision is like a small town.

we even have a subdivision rummage every year, where everyone has them on the same day, (well not us gabby is a yard-saleaholic so we're always out buying everyone elses junk, while our accumulates in the basement) its the last fri/sat of this month if you all wanna come get some bargains :)

~kate~

kati3l3unny
04-11-2005, 10:51 AM
ok monday morning weigh in for week 1

sw 235
cr 227.5
gw 150

week 1 loss = 7.5 lbs

kate

JenR
04-11-2005, 11:04 AM
weigh in 4/11/05:

off to the dr soon. wish me luck!

sweetlilac
04-11-2005, 11:47 AM
WOW :cb: 7.5 lbs that is great Kate!!!! I hope my frist week is good as yours. That good that u did get some execrise.

JenR cant wait to see hwat the dr said ...GOOD LUCK!!! I hope the dr helps u find a plan that weill work for u.

So here is my weight in:
sw 216
cw 216
first week wish me luck!! :lol:

Well i went home last night and my wounderful dh brought home a black lad puppy. I didnt really want a another dog, I have one dog and 3 cats inside and 4 cat outside and a poppusm that thins he is a pet :dizzy:

SHe is a sweet pup and all but i dont know i guess another one is not what i had in mind. The good thing is that she let me walk her last night. I now have a reason and someone to walk with now.

Come on girls let's have a good week!!!

sweetlilac
04-11-2005, 11:51 AM
hmmm I can't spell today!!

kati3l3unny
04-11-2005, 12:37 PM
were with you jen , keeping our fingers crossed !!!!!!

awwww i want a puppy !!! lilac =) we have a black lab too but shes no puppy ! but a sweeter dog you'll never find.

and yeah 7.5 i was shocked, but i know its all water weight and i was menstral last week too so i was retaining more water than the hoover dam !

have a website for ya all to check out too www.fitwatch.com they have all kinds of neat online gadgets there, (calorie counter / how to find out how many calories you burned etc)

well i'm off to make a bag lunch, i'm having lunch with my kindergartener at school today ..... what fun *big roll of the eyes*

kate

sweetlilac
04-11-2005, 03:10 PM
Kate I know I like Labs we had one golden lab and it disapper one day. I hope she will let me walk her and her not walk me. We have a mixed german shep and he want to do the walking and tells me where we are going. LOL

JenR let us know how it went

Where is everybody ???

kati3l3unny
04-11-2005, 03:32 PM
i'm here, waiting to see how jen got on, just found another support group here too, lol scale addicts, thats totally me, i weigh twice a day at least.

kate

kati3l3unny
04-11-2005, 03:41 PM
ok thats it i've snapped ..... why is it that my hubby can drink a 12 pack of mountain dew a day, eat candy, cookies, big dinners, junk food and god knows what else and never put on any weight ????????

hes 250 in the summer and 255 in the winter it never changes, he has a flat stomach with a cute six pack, nice legs, even a nice tush. (hes 6'5).

then theres me if i look at a picture of a candy bar i put on 2lb !!!!!!!!!

its not fair :(( !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~kate~

JenR
04-11-2005, 05:30 PM
dr went ok. having mil there really helped get my point across. we're going to do 3 weeks of 1200 cals a day, strict food journaling as well and exercise, upping my prozac and she also gave me a script for ambien to help me sleep.

go back in 3 weeks and see what this has resulted in and go from there. if it works, fine , keep on it. if not, we begin moving forward with surgery.

JenR
04-11-2005, 05:31 PM
sorry it took me so long to post. i've literally had ZERO time to sit and relax since i got up this morning. off to get my treadmilling in :)

sweetlilac
04-11-2005, 05:32 PM
i know the feeling my hub is the same way. I can too just look at it and get 15 lbs. Boy your dh is tall. Are u tall too?

I dont know where JenR is? Let us know girlie so we can help u on your way to being healthy and thin.

kati3l3unny
04-11-2005, 07:12 PM
i think you and jen posted at the same time ;)

sweetlilac
04-12-2005, 10:36 AM
:strong: I think you are right Kate. I gald that it went well Jen what do u think abt haveing the surgery? I thought abt it but been kind of scared to do it.

I did walk the puppy last night and my legs are sore from here pullin on me.

kati3l3unny
04-12-2005, 10:49 AM
good morning jen and lilac, just popping in on my way to work (lol well another website, its such a commute !)

gl sticking to your plans today. :)

~kate~

sweetlilac
04-12-2005, 04:04 PM
HI kate where is everyone today? I have stayed on plan. how abt u?

JenR
04-12-2005, 06:37 PM
I gald that it went well Jen what do u think abt haveing the surgery? I thought abt it but been kind of scared to do it.
thanks mel. it went alot better than i'd imagined. having mil there was a huge help. i think by having her there, the dr took me a little more seriously than she would have if i was alone.
surgery is the last thing i want. but i can't go on any weight loss meds because of the bipolar meds i'm on. if surgery is what it takes for me to get healthy and be able to watch my girls have their own children, then so be it. i'm od'ing on surgical information so i'll be prepared when i go in on may 2nd.

JenR
04-12-2005, 06:38 PM
4/12/05:
lean cuisine spa cuisine rosemary chicken (230 cals, 5g fat)
1 cup corn (90 cals, 2g fat)
diet coke (o cals, og fat)
20oz riptide rush gatorade (125 cals, 0g fat)
2 tbsp chive and onion cream cheese (90 cals, 8g fat)
1/4 bar chocolate (57.5cals)
2 slices bread (110 cals)
2 slices ham (60 cals)
1 tbsp mustard (0 cals)

cals so far: 882.5
cals left: 317.5

water: 100oz
exercise: 45 minutes treadmill, 10 minutes abs
**updated

kati3l3unny
04-13-2005, 02:30 AM
omg jen don't you get hungry ?????

i'm doing slimming world.

today i ate

cereal and milk

4 oranges (big ones from sams ;) )
1/2 lb strawberrys
some grapes

baked potato with chicken and mushrooms oh and 1/2 can of baked beans

4 pieces of quiche (bacon and onion)

bacon sandwich + salad

a chicken burger

and about 20 jellybeans

and its all in the plan no cheating !!!!!

kati3l3unny
04-13-2005, 02:35 AM
what would the surgery be for jen ?

kati3l3unny
04-13-2005, 11:01 AM
*bounces in* uh huh bounces ! i have soooooooooooo much energy !!!

feel great, cleaned my entire fridge this morning (even took all the shelves out and scrubbed them in the bath tub !!

go me lol

have an awsome day ladies and stick to those plans!

down to 226.5 woooooo hooooooo (ok i'm a scale addict, i'm sure it would be more exciting to wait for monday, but who can wait ?????????)

lol this is my without coffee (hyper much ???)

kate

sweetlilac
04-13-2005, 12:07 PM
Kate LOL u ae so crazy. u can come over and clean my firdge out too. I am too noticing more enegry. You said u were on slimmering world what is that and how dose it work? I am doing WW and I have in the past done Atkins.

How dose your plan work?

Jen tell me that is not what u ate all day!!! That is not enought pls dont starve your self.

Lady have a great day and I shd be online most of the day if u need to talk

kati3l3unny
04-13-2005, 12:18 PM
slimming world omg its the best diet plan !!

ok basically every morning you choose to have a red or a green day

if you choose red you can eat :all the fruits and veg you can eat and lean meat.

if you choose green you can eat : all the fruits and veg you want and pasta, beans and rice.

with both days you choose:
1- A option (thats a milk or a cheese weighed or measured)
2- B options (thats whole grain bread/ceareal/baked potatoes stuff like that)
and you have 10 sins (a sin is about 20 calories that you can use for anything)
oh and you get this huge free food list with both days with all the stuff you can eat but not worry about it.

you need to drink 6 glasses or water and make sure you have 5 servings (1/2 cup) of fruit and veg.

i love this plan because your never hungry, if you want to eat you eat.
you never get cravings because with 200 calories you can have pretty much anything .... a full size musketeers bar is under 200 cals.

my mom did this diet and lost 100lbs in 9mths, its very easy to stick to.

~kate~

sweetlilac
04-13-2005, 01:31 PM
Wow kate that sound neat. It kinda like the WW core plan. ON it u can eat as much as fruit, veggies. and meat to feel satfised.

JenR
04-13-2005, 03:02 PM
what would the surgery be for jen ?
it would be weight loss surgery. preferably the lap band type.

JenR
04-13-2005, 03:03 PM
*bounces in* uh huh bounces ! i have soooooooooooo much energy !!!

feel great, cleaned my entire fridge this morning (even took all the shelves out and scrubbed them in the bath tub !!

go me lol

have an awsome day ladies and stick to those plans!

down to 226.5 woooooo hooooooo (ok i'm a scale addict, i'm sure it would be more exciting to wait for monday, but who can wait ?????????)

lol this is my without coffee (hyper much ???)

kate
care to pass some of that energy my way?!?! i've done nothing all day. literally nothing!
good weigh in!

JenR
04-13-2005, 03:04 PM
Jen tell me that is not what u ate all day!!! That is not enought pls dont starve your self.
no, i updated my food list :)

JenR
04-13-2005, 03:06 PM
ugh. trying to get 1200 cals in me is going to be hard. i was off by 300 yesterday. i'm just not used to eating so much. i eat when i'm hungry, yanno? eating, even though i've only been on the 1200 cals a day thing for one day, is becoming a chore.

sweetlilac
04-13-2005, 03:11 PM
Jen u may need to eat the 1200 cal a day. Your body might think that it is starved becasue of so little cal and all the execries u do . Try to do the 1200 and see what heppens.

sweetlilac
04-13-2005, 08:20 PM
Good Eveing I had a good OP day. I am going to go tan and then come home and watch Amercia Idol. I have a feeling that Nandia is going to be going home. I Love Bo and Carrie and hope to see them in the finals.

Well have a good day. I am going to tan so FAT!! LOL

JenR
04-13-2005, 08:22 PM
i'm going to start the tanning bed this weekend. i can't wait. i love it, even though i know it's not good.

instead of posting all my foods, i'm going to just post my totals cals, water and exercise. i bought a small notebook to keep my food dairy at home.

kati3l3unny
04-14-2005, 12:20 AM
i had the worst evening !!! i was a total klutz i burnt the kids dinner, broke a dish, slipped where i mopped the floor twice, burnt hubbys dinner and had to start again, slipped on the mat in the garage, then burnt my popcorn rotfl, by the time the popcorn got burnt me and my hubby were in hysterics lol.

i thought you wern't allowed to have lapband surgery if you were under 300lbs. from what i read about it, its dangerous and a last resort when all else fails kind of surgery. ?

kate

kati3l3unny
04-14-2005, 12:24 AM
well i sat and worked it out, if i lose 2lb every week including week 1 (where i lost 7) i should hit goal by jan 2006, that sounds way far away :(

although i have to say this is the most enjoyable diet i've ever been on, i havn't thought about what i normally eat at all, havn't even been tempted to cheat, my danger zone is at the end of week two though.

but i think you two ladies are the reason, its so motivating checking in everyday, i'm having a blast !

thank you both ;)

kate

kati3l3unny
04-14-2005, 12:29 AM
jen if your having trouble eating enough, have a candy bar, a cookie, some peanuts or popcorn (whatever it is you enjoy) it will use up your calories, be a treat for being good all day, and you'll be less likely to cheat.

i save my 200 calories for the evening stick to my diet all day and enjoy some jellybeans or popcorn (my weaknesses) although if i do good on mondays weigh in i'm going to indulge in a cadburys creme egg (170 cals) and i'm going to suck the chocolate really slowly lol

kate

JenR
04-14-2005, 09:16 AM
1122 cals yesterday.
100+ oz water
45 minutes treadmill

down 2 pounds this morning :)

sweetlilac
04-14-2005, 10:38 AM
Kate WOW what a eveing. I gald to see that you took with stride and :lol: laugh. I think i too would handle it that way too. It is so much easier to do it that way then get :mad: mad. I am the type of person that lets things fall off my back. My Dh is the oppiste and takes everything serious. He wld of had a cow if that happen to him.

I dont think u had to be over 300 lbs to get the surgery. I believe u had to be 100 lbs over the weight tht u are.

Jen I too love to tan. Yes it is bad for us but as werid as this sounds I feel better and healthy when i am tan. SO are u trying to keep in the 1200 cal range. I think for me that would be so hard. I do admire you for doing it.

Well Chicks I am outta of here have to run to the bank, go tan, and go get some groceries.

Talk to ya later

kati3l3unny
04-14-2005, 11:00 AM
well i stayed op yesturday, didn't drink enough, didn't exercise. (well i thought about exercising, does taht count ?) i think when i get under 200lbs i'll join curves. or maybe pick up a treadmill at a yard sale. i have step aerobics, and a stair climber.

have to pick the kids up at 10.30 from school and its off to the dentist we go, toby is having a tooth pulled and gabbys having a cleaning. although i think we have the best dentist in the world, i can actually threaten my kids, if you don't behave your not going to the dentist lol.

wtg jen 2lbs is great !!

kate

JenR
04-14-2005, 05:08 PM
hey girls!!! happy thursday!
how's everyone doing today?
sorry i haven't been around much today. i've been catching up on housework (doesn't that count as exercise :lol: ).
i probably won't be around alot tomorrow, morning at least. my 7 year old had a bike accident tuesday and her elbow is still bothering her. i've got an appt to take her and get it x-rayed to make sure there's not a small fracture or something.

JenR
04-14-2005, 05:10 PM
well i stayed op yesturday, didn't drink enough, didn't exercise. (well i thought about exercising, does taht count ?) i think when i get under 200lbs i'll join curves. or maybe pick up a treadmill at a yard sale. i have step aerobics, and a stair climber.

have to pick the kids up at 10.30 from school and its off to the dentist we go, toby is having a tooth pulled and gabbys having a cleaning. although i think we have the best dentist in the world, i can actually threaten my kids, if you don't behave your not going to the dentist lol.

wtg jen 2lbs is great !!

kate
i tell you, having a treadmill at home is the best thing i've ever done. i bought a pretty cheap one at walmart and it's still going strong. it's a little on the loud side, but what can you do? you should definitly check out curves when you're ready. my mil went and lvoed it, as well as a few other friends.

sweetlilac
04-15-2005, 11:27 AM
Kate did u think hard abt the ececrise? Enought to make u sweat? If u did thaen yelp i say it was exe. I like my denist but not that much. LOL

Jen I hope your dd is ok. Please let us know.

Well yesterday after I came from running around, My dh found one on out cats and it had been hit by a car. He was a outside cat and my oldset son loved him. My son still dosnt understand why he cant come back home. I had to take and have him put to sleep.

I didnt get stressed and eat like a pig....i woulld normally do that . I did order a pizza and planned on eating to I was stuffed...But I didnt I ate two piece and that was allowed in my point range and told myself to have a good cry over the kitty or go take a walk. That is a first for me.

Well i wil talk to ya later

JenR
04-15-2005, 07:04 PM
Kate did u think hard abt the ececrise? Enought to make u sweat? If u did thaen yelp i say it was exe. I like my denist but not that much. LOL

Jen I hope your dd is ok. Please let us know.

Well yesterday after I came from running around, My dh found one on out cats and it had been hit by a car. He was a outside cat and my oldset son loved him. My son still dosnt understand why he cant come back home. I had to take and have him put to sleep.

I didnt get stressed and eat like a pig....i woulld normally do that . I did order a pizza and planned on eating to I was stuffed...But I didnt I ate two piece and that was allowed in my point range and told myself to have a good cry over the kitty or go take a walk. That is a first for me.

Well i wil talk to ya later

my rugrat is aok. no sprains, breaks or fractures. we went out and had lunch after her appt. she had this amazing looking strawberry and whip cream covered waffle :hun: it looked so so good! i had a kid's burger and fries. don't know how many cals but not too bad i suppose.

aw mel, i'm sorry to hear about your cat :( how sad. good for you for not turning to food to comfort you though. shopping, not eating, makes me feel better about everything. very proud of you!!!

had 1440 cals last night, 100oz water and no exercise.

nhmommy
04-15-2005, 08:08 PM
just wanted to say hello and thanks for the invite Jenn. I am feeling ok ..a little defeated at times but hopeful

kati3l3unny
04-16-2005, 02:00 AM
awwwwwww lilac i'm so sorry about your cat, but kudos on staying op !!!

kati3l3unny
04-16-2005, 02:01 AM
welcome nh =) lilac and jen are so encouraging, you'll be just fine =)

sweetlilac
04-16-2005, 10:05 AM
Good Morning

Thanks for listening wine abr my cat. We went to petsmart last nite and there was this older cat, huge abt 13 lbs then that my dh fell inlobe with. So needless to say we adopted him. He was nuetred, delcawed,and updated on this shots. He was 65.00.

We took him home and he turned into Cojo the cat. We got him because his owner passed away. I hope he calms down, I think he just scared being takeing from the owner then into a shelter them to my house with alot more ppl and cats. WIsh we luck

nmommy Welcome to out little group post often so we can get to know u

Have a good OP day

JenR
04-16-2005, 12:10 PM
just wanted to say hello and thanks for the invite Jenn. I am feeling ok ..a little defeated at times but hopeful

hey christine!!! i'm so glad to see you here!!!
this is a great small group of girls.
feeling defeated is awful, i know it very well. we can help :)

JenR
04-16-2005, 12:13 PM
Good Morning

Thanks for listening wine abr my cat. We went to petsmart last nite and there was this older cat, huge abt 13 lbs then that my dh fell inlobe with. So needless to say we adopted him. He was nuetred, delcawed,and updated on this shots. He was 65.00.

We took him home and he turned into Cojo the cat. We got him because his owner passed away. I hope he calms down, I think he just scared being takeing from the owner then into a shelter them to my house with alot more ppl and cats. WIsh we luck

nmommy Welcome to out little group post often so we can get to know u

Have a good OP day
congrats on adopting another cat :) do the kids like him so far? i'm sure his wildness will settle once he gets used to his new home and people.

JenR
04-16-2005, 04:53 PM
happy saturday girls!!!!!

it's been a wonderful day so far. we dropped the girls off at mil's a little while ago. they spend every saturday night there, a nice little break for mommy and daddy :) then we went out to eat. mexican...no telling how many cals i ate, but oh well. i'd only had a banana and some yougrt smoothie for breakfast. i probably won't eat again today because i'm so full. a little bit of online shopping was done.
hope you are all having a great day!!

kati3l3unny
04-16-2005, 05:13 PM
morning well ... afternoon ladies, sorry didn't post earlier, been busy cleaning the kitchen, having a new stove delivered tomorrow, yey no more wiggling the burners to get them to work !!!

talk more later have to go pick up gabby from her friends then off to buy a new set of saucepans (you can't use old ones on a new stove, that illegal right ? ;) )

sweetlilac
04-17-2005, 11:33 AM
Jen That is great that your mil takes the girls for u. My mil takes them once a mth if that. Just try to stay on plan and not over eat. Mexcian is hard to count. We had to take the cat back he bit my dh and I was worried that he might bite the boys. The good thing is that they will put him up again but will let ppl know that he dosnt like other cats and children.

Kate YEAH a new strove to cook all the new recipes u find on the board. Yes u need new sacuespans. WHen i had my son, Chase if he would of been a girl we were goint to name out little girl Gaddy.

Wel at work today and doing OT. Talk to ya later

JenR
04-17-2005, 05:03 PM
a good day at the park goes bad.....
we were there with our friends, rob (opey) and beth, their 2 kids, sierra and alex.
jeff hadn;t gotten there yet. i was on one side of the park with chloe, opey was on another side with alex and beth was with the girls. the girls decided they wanted to come find me and SMACK!!!!!! went lulu into a metal pole

http://images.snapfish.com/3436996723232%7Ffp4%3Enu%3D324%3A%3E%3B57%3E248%3E WSNRCG%3D32328%3B74%3B8386nu0mrj

kati3l3unny
04-17-2005, 11:12 PM
holy #### that thing is huge !!!!!! omg is she ok ????

kati3l3unny
04-17-2005, 11:25 PM
well i've been having too much fun all weekend, so i'm going to log into work and get a jump start on the week. (lol i don't like working fridays so i usually do a couple of hours over the weekend) see you all tomorrow morning for week 2 weigh in =)

kati3l3unny
04-18-2005, 10:53 AM
morning ladies, monday morning weigh in week two, time to update those sigs =)

week2 weight in = 226
loss/gain = lost 2lbs.

kate

sweetlilac
04-18-2005, 02:16 PM
WOW Jen that is afwul is Lulu ok? Did u have to take her to the DR? I am so sorry tht she got hurt.

Kate did u get your new pans AND areu working like a good little girl? LOL.

Wel my weight in today and I lost 1LB but TOM showed up so I hope that I lst a little more.

Everyone have a OP day

kati3l3unny
04-18-2005, 03:12 PM
yeah lilac, i made the mistake of taking hubby with me, and he forced me to buy all kinds of stuff lol, hes so funny, he doesn't think i spend enough rotfl, i don't see the need to spend it if i don't need anything.

so i ended up with new saucepans, a giant saute pan, new storage containers, kitchen towels, drinking glasses, and goodness knows what else ;)

gotta love him :D (says so on the marriage licence)

kati3l3unny
04-18-2005, 03:16 PM
wtg on your 1lb lilac !!!!! a pound off is way better than staying the same or putting it on !!!!

sweetlilac
04-19-2005, 11:10 AM
WOW now u have all kinds of stuff to go with the kitchen. That great he is like that my dh is that way as well.

Jen how is Lulu is she feeling and doing better?

Where is everybody else?

kati3l3unny
04-19-2005, 11:57 AM
ok its tuesday, i've been up since 5, gabby couldn't sleep so i wasn't allowed to either, lol. on the bright side we forced toby to get up and even managed to do the grocery shopping before school ! woo hoo.

jen i hope lulu is ok.

~kate~

kati3l3unny
04-19-2005, 02:54 PM
i started the exercise stuff today i biked 1 mile (uphill in the wind lol) starting water today too. go me !

JenR
04-20-2005, 11:01 AM
go katie!!!

how is everyone doing today?

i havne't been keeping track of my cals for the past few days. bad me.
starting to again today though.
last night i did the treadmill for 40 minutes and 100 crunches.
this morning i just got done doing my 20 minute core secrets video. i'm going to hit the treadmill again this evening.
weigh in a few days late, but still hanging in at 212 :)

kati3l3unny
04-20-2005, 12:49 PM
i fell off the wagon yesturday, made cookies and ate like 4 of them ! hopefully the bike ride compensated for it a little.

got the munchies sooooooooooo bad last night i had to resort to drastic means, i put the kids school glue on my hands and let it dry, then i picked it off, well better than picking at food ! omg how pathetic am i ???????

is lulu ok jen ?

kate

JenR
04-20-2005, 09:29 PM
i fell off the wagon yesturday, made cookies and ate like 4 of them ! hopefully the bike ride compensated for it a little.

got the munchies sooooooooooo bad last night i had to resort to drastic means, i put the kids school glue on my hands and let it dry, then i picked it off, well better than picking at food ! omg how pathetic am i ???????

is lulu ok jen ?

kate
lulu's doing fine. the bruise/bump is almost gone now :)

don't beat yourself up about the cookies, kate! we all have our bad days. i can't believe you put glue on your hands :lol: i've been tempted to do the same, but we never seem to have any glue around.

had an ok day. a little under 1200 cals, 40 minutes treadmill and 20 minutes core secrets dvd.

kati3l3unny
04-21-2005, 10:56 AM
i've manage to put on 2lbs so far this week and i only had one little lapse, this sucks, this is where i usually get discouraged and give up. thank goodness i have you girls.

wheres lilac got to ?

kate

JenR
04-21-2005, 11:32 AM
don't give up!!!!
could very easily come off with no problems.
RESIST the COOKIES :lol:

kati3l3unny
04-21-2005, 03:00 PM
calm down jen lol i'm not giving up :) i was just saying if i didn't have the wonderful support that i have here, i probably would have.

*looks under the couch for lilac* shes gotta be here somewhere !

JenR
04-21-2005, 07:45 PM
1245 cals today so far. that will probably be it. just had a late snack, probably won't be hungry later.
no exercise today. jsut not into it today for some reason. i think i just need a day to chill.

kati3l3unny
04-21-2005, 10:51 PM
chilling is good jen =) wtg managing to eat that many calories your doing great.

looks behind the curtains .... where is that lilac ?

JenR
04-23-2005, 11:18 AM
where is mel?!

down a pound this morning :cheer: :cheer:

sweetlilac
04-23-2005, 01:39 PM
Hey I am here and I was under the coauch and the curtains. I got the bright idea of doing my spring cleaning. since tuesday - friday I have cleaned the house up and down...clean the cabinets and wash walls. clean out old stuff. Of course I put most of the winters clothes away and winters returns for a few days. LOL.

Yesterday I shampoo the carpets, and the rest of the walls. YES i am tired and exhusted and working ovetrime today.

I have not done well on my plan. DH was heloing me and we wld run and get something quick or he woluld fix something quick. I have been a very bad girl.

So I am back on plan tomorrow no questions abt it.
Jen gald to know that Lulu is ok.
Kate like Jen said we all have bad days.

Well girls lets do this.

kati3l3unny
04-23-2005, 10:18 PM
a bad day ? i'm having a bad week *sigh* oh well i decided it was back to basics, so i hit all the fabric stores and purchased about 40 yards of fabric and some cute patterns for jumpers, and i intend to keep my hands and mind busy, and make gabby's summer wardrobe, and as i'm really fast, i'll probably make myself a bunch of capri's, then i won't think about food in the evening, hopefully lol.

back on the diet on monday for me =)

sweetlilac
04-24-2005, 12:11 PM
Kate it was a bad week for me too. I did get a lot of cleaning done but eat what ever was the quicket. SO TOMORROW NO MORE EXCUSE FOR US!!! BACK ON WAGON!!.

I would love to sew. I have a sewing machine I bought abt two years ago and used maybe five times. I let my sis in law use it once. Do u know of any good books I can get to show me how to do it. Or websites that u think may help me? ONe more questions what should I try to make first? I tried to make a dress for myself with a zipper in it and I sewed over the zipper. Any info would be great.

Jen I hope everthing is well, how is the 1200 cal going?

JenR
04-24-2005, 05:21 PM
i feel soo behind compared to you girls. i haven't done any cleaning this week. none. catching up today though. it's kinda chilly out today so we're not outside.
1200 cals thing is going great. i'm down another pound this morning. 210 as of today.i'm super super excited about it. and i've barely exercised this past week. i am super motivated to get my rear back on the exercise routine though.

sweetlilac
04-24-2005, 05:51 PM
Jen WOW that is good. So at this point if things keep going this away are u going to keep on the plan and not do wls?

Dont feel bad abt the cleaning I took a few days vac from work to do. I hope I burned some cal doing it.

JenR
04-24-2005, 05:53 PM
yeah, if this trend continues, i won't look into wls. i don't want to do wls, but if this didn't work, i was absolutely going to go for it.

kati3l3unny
04-24-2005, 10:44 PM
hmmm getting started sewing, a class at your local comunity college, or if you look at the simplicity pattern books (like at walmart) they have easy sew patterns. i qualified as a tailor, way back when, its what i went to college for. i usually quilt, and there isn't a pair of curtains in our house that i havn't made lol.

figured as i don't feel like quilting i could make gabby some clothes, made her a summer dress and matching purse today, but i don't like the pattern, the body fits fine, but it gapes at the back. so of to the fabric store tomorrow to sit and look at pattern books for 4 hours lol.

it totally worked though, i had a salad at lunch time, my dinner and a couple of oranges, i'm back on track and a day early too !!

oh and if a pattern calls for a zipper and your scared of it ..... velcro is our friend ;)

sweetlilac
04-25-2005, 10:31 AM
Jen great that is working so well. Not that I am aginst the wls is just such a big ting to do. A good friend of my had it done and she had some problems after it.

Kate I will have to look at the patterns maybe i shd try to make somthing for my son's fisrt.

Well I lost one pound this week. I am happy with that at least it is not a gain

Have a good OP day

kati3l3unny
04-25-2005, 01:09 PM
i'm +5 *sigh* oh well keep up with the sewing kate ;)

JenR
04-25-2005, 02:46 PM
i'm so jealous. i can't even sew a button that will stay on :lol:

sweetlilac
04-25-2005, 03:17 PM
Kate that is ok we will do better this week. Kepp the chin up.

Jen I know I cant sew either

JenR
04-25-2005, 05:20 PM
45 minutes treadmill this morning :)

kati3l3unny
04-26-2005, 12:26 AM
keep that chin up ? which one lol i have 1 1/2

lol don't worry that you can't sew, i've been sewing for 15+ years and tonight i still managed to cut half of gabbys dress the wrong way, so the back had upside down my little ponies on it lol.

kati3l3unny
04-26-2005, 12:27 AM
jen i'm so glad this is going good for you, i was kinda worried about you having wls.

kate =)

kati3l3unny
04-26-2005, 11:12 AM
ok i'm feeling much happier with this diet now, i lost all but 1/2lb of what i put back on, so back on track, today is find the family room day lol been sewing for two days and its kinda got outta control, i know there are two couches in there somewhere, and i'm pretty sure that under all those toys theres a carpet !!!!

have a great day girls.

~kate~

sweetlilac
04-27-2005, 01:46 PM
Kate did u find the family room? lol the chins i have two.

did ok yesterday on plan for the most part.

I took my oldest to be tested fro school and be needs to learn his letters better. I knew that going in. I will have to buckle down on him to get him to learn them

kati3l3unny
04-30-2005, 12:18 AM
sorry girls its been a nuts week, i got an order for a quilt that they wanted like yesturday, and it was a puff quilt ugh, oh well i'm kinda op, when i remember lol, hope you guys are having a fun week.

kate

kati3l3unny
05-02-2005, 10:55 AM
ok where did you all go, jen ? lilac ? mel ? did you guys go on vacation without me ????

oh well monday may 2nd weigh in

sw 235
gw 150
cw 224
lost those horrible pounds i put on last week ;) +2 woo lol

JenR
05-04-2005, 01:39 PM
hey girls. sorry i've not been around. sick babies, husband got a new job, we're all trying to adjust to his new schedule (he's now working nights)....good news is that i'm down another pound this morning for a total of 10lbs since april 12th :cheer:

sweetlilac
05-10-2005, 01:04 PM
I am here too no net for awhile and been swamped at work

sweetlilac
05-15-2005, 04:54 PM
bump

kati3l3unny
05-18-2005, 02:07 AM
swoops in, well more of a dive bomb really. lol i'm completely off the wagon, but hopefully tomorrow i'll remember i'm on a diet lol.

barely had a minute to myself for the last couple of weeks, i've been stuck quilting,
HELLO people you do realise its almost summer, not winter right ? quit with the quilt orders already !!

aside from major quilting action, weve been getting the house ready for guests (my mum and grandma) that are coming to stay for 2 weeks, they will be flying in from engand on the 27th (i'm so excited !) the weekend after they get here were going to the waterpark fri-sun the saturday after that me and the kids are flying back with them for a month. so busy busy busy.

this weekend were converting our kids oak beds back into bunkbeds, they will have to share while our visitors are here, i honestly don't know how we are going to be able to squish two kids worth of toys/clothes/stuff into one room. but what the hey we will try =)

hope you guys are doing better at this diet thing than me.

kate