Support Groups - ~*40 Somethings *~ #2

View Full Version : ~*40 Somethings *~ #2

curlylocks
04-08-2005, 12:41 PM
i started a new thread ... the other was gettin rather long!

HAHA u should see what im having for lunch... very strange combination.. ran home and looked around the kitchen for anything i felt like eating..

ummm an orange, some jello, and some dill pickle spears.. ehh that should really mix up well in my tummy!

bailey7
04-08-2005, 01:30 PM
ummm an orange, some jello, and some dill pickle spears.. ehh that should really mix up well in my tummy!

Are you preggers? :D

LisaBee
04-08-2005, 01:36 PM
Rightway: Hi, I am on South Beach also. I am well into phase two. You are doing awesome!!
Phase 2 you can add back some carb into your diet. For lunch, I found some low carb whole grain wraps at the store. I have one and fill it with salad mixings and lunch meat. I then add to it a garden salad or a whole chopped up cucumber. There are a variety of menus on this board. I tried the mock pancakes a few weeks ago...they were awesome! I also eat a custard I mix up for the week for breakfast to break up the 'eggs' each morning.

Keep up the good work!
Lisa

curlylocks
04-08-2005, 04:44 PM
Are you preggers? :D
no way in this world!! lmao but it did make me sick!

Marie
04-08-2005, 06:15 PM
CL Thanks for the new thread. I didn't mind the long one since that's how I found all of you. BTW, your lunch sounded disgusting. It would be enough to make my want to skip eating. :)

Today has been another no boss day and it's been really quiet. I think I see a reason for having a boss, I do work then. So far today just a minimal amount of work has been completed. To think I used to be a boss and was a workaholic - now I'm a worker bee and not at all a workaholic. Still a work ethic, but not dedicated to it. I like this way alot better.

I have been okay diet wise. I had ice cream for lunch but that was part of my weekly mini-goals on Fridays. So I'm okay with it. Tonight is exercise night and I will do that. I don't always want to but I will since I'm promising here.

I failed at caffeine free. I got to the point this morning that I laid down on the couch in my office. That is bad. So I had some caffeinated pepsi and voila, I'm human again. I think that I will surrender and never go decaffeinated unless my dr. says that I'm in dire straights without doing it. It was horrible.

Everybody take care and have a great Friday.
Marie

bailey7
04-09-2005, 02:36 PM
:lol: It's been a wonderful day so far for me and I feel really good. Put on my spring coat (that I haven't been able to wear for 2 yrs.) and it's really loose, ditto spring pants. :) I walked to the mall and back, which is only 1 mile total, but mixed with my other exercise, it should help some more. Also I bought 2 t-shirts in x-lge. instead of 2x x-lge and they fit :D Now if only I could get rid of this spare tire around my gut :o

How's everyone doing today? CL how's kitty? Breakfast was bran flakes and banana and skim, lunch was 1/3 leftover pork chop (last nights dinner) and a bit of pasta and brocolli. I don't think I can ever get too much bran or brocolli :lol: Dinner will be chicken and somethin', I don't know yet! :dizzy:

Okay well, I'm off for more exercise. Hope you're all doing well and have a good day :D

Marie
04-09-2005, 04:10 PM
It's a cold day here in OR, about 25 degrees below normal. But it's sunny and that something. I just think my spring flowers would enjoy the higher temps. Bailey, our breakfasts we're the same. I thought that was sort of funny. I love wheat bran flakes with bananas. It's a great way to start the day.

I screwed up with a snack and had icing. Didn't want the cake so I ate the icing. Bad me. I counted it into my calories for the day so hopefully I can stay on track the rest of the day and make my calorie limit.

i exercised last night. It was sort of funny. DH and I exercise 3X week together, he on the exercycle and me on the gazelle. After 11 minutes the power went out. I kept going but he couldn't since the cycle is electronic magnet type. So I exercised and he didn't. Then we had to go out to dinner because of no electricity and I had too much fat. It's amazing how outside factors can sabotage a healthy day.

TTYL.
Marie

LisaBee
04-09-2005, 05:15 PM
doing poorly on the eating today...meaning I have had all of 1 trisket, 1 cheese stick and 1 bottle of crystal light...and that is it!!! I need to eat but I am just not hungry today.
Lisa

bailey7
04-09-2005, 06:53 PM
doing poorly on the eating today...meaning I have had all of 1 trisket, 1 cheese stick and 1 bottle of crystal light...and that is it!!! I need to eat but I am just not hungry today.
Lisa

:( Are you not feeling well? At least have some soup, veggie would be good to boost your strength. I wish I had your problem :lol:

LisaBee
04-09-2005, 07:09 PM
Nope...feel just fine....
now added a tbsp of chunky peanut butter and 2 glass of H2O...thinking maybe I'm dehydrated....who knows?!?

lilybutt
04-10-2005, 10:03 AM
Well…….the flood gates opened yesterday and I just couldn’t stop it! LOL………For some reason, I just started eating and kept on going all day….I will not even tell you what all I at, but trust me……I went to bed feeling pretty bad and bloated! So back on the wagon today! I wonder why this happens every so often…I guess as long as I get back to the program, I shouldn’t let it rule my life. Last week I had a day full of craving and just plain huger, but I knew that it was gong to be that time of the month, so I kept it under control, but yesterday….wooo hooooo…party in my mouth all day!

Okay so now we start back again…..tonight I am meeting a friend for pizza, a monthly ritual, so I was planning on just a few pieces and filling up on pop. That is not until later tonight though so for the rest of the day…..a walk and simply low cal foods to tide me over for the day. I was going to weigh in today, but I will wait a few days…I don’t think I would react well to the number and since I have no need to weigh, I will wait until I am back OP and moving along……….

Hope others are doing well!!!!!

Lilybutt

LisaBee
04-10-2005, 01:23 PM
"...tonight I am meeting a friend for pizza, a monthly ritual, so I was planning on just a few pieces and filling up on pop."

Lilybutt: Pizza out with a friend sounds like a ton of fun! Instead of limiting yourself to a slice and then filling up on soda, why not get yourself bottled water (or bring it along) and fill up on a big salad with lots of veggies and low cal dressing...then add a slice of pizza on the side?? I don't know what program you are doing but the soda will actually extend your stomach, empty quickly and leave you hungry. (all the carbination).

Have fun!! Hope you had a nice walk.

Lisa

curlylocks
04-10-2005, 01:24 PM
Hi ALL!!!

Yes miss myah is doing great!! yesterday she even ate an entire can of real cat food!!!

Bailey u are making me soooo hungry for brocolli!!! do u eat regular pasta or wheat??

Umm after the pickle/orange fiasco i havent had much appetite.. yeah it made me sick for sure... i dont know why but i was just craving the 2 ..

I made some yummy chicken.. I took some horseradish sauce and spread it on some skinless chickenbreast and then topped it with some parmesean cheese and broiled it.. yummmm

and had some yellow squash for a side for my dinner last nite..

feel guilty cuz it was beautiful yesterday and i was inside all day working on a birthday page for a friend...

guess i better try to get outdoors a bit today.. monday will be here before i know it......... dang it i gotta find me a husband.. lol I hate going to work it interfers with my hobbies!!! lmao

bailey7
04-10-2005, 01:37 PM
:D Hi girls! :D I'm hungry :?: and the feeling won't go away :mad: I had breaky and lunch and I'm drinking water but nothing is helping :( Oh well, guess I'l just do more exercises. :lol: I just bought the healthy choice ww pasta yesterday but haven't cooked it yet, I'm kinda scared that I'll hate it. ;) I'm glad kitty is doing better. It's a beautiful sunny day here today and I should be out walking but I gotta clean and cook. Tonight it's grilled steaks and garlic shrimp and hubby will have garlic bread also. I think that when you go out tonight for pizza you should have a couple of lge. glasses of water before you leave. This will help and the salad thing is good too :D Well, hope you're all doing well, I'll check back later :D

Sugar Cube
04-11-2005, 11:50 AM
Thanks for the new thread, feeling great to be recharged.

I had a great and wonderful weekend, my best friend was up for the weekend with her family and we had so much fun. I probably evened out on the NS program and ended up eating heavily on Sunday, but lightly on Saturday, so if I can get rid of the left over cake, I should be in good shape. wink wink nod.

LISA - SB second phase I hear is great, my coworkers doing it are happiest on it or else it is the relief from being off the first phase. I like you pizza idea, the salad, the water and a slice of pizza, it covers a lot of things, including increasing the veggie count.

MARIE - When some people go caffeine free, they get withdrawal symptoms, so it may be better to withdraw slowly rather than "cold turkey".

The weekend was great weather, I was outside Sunday morning reading the newspaper, walked around the neighborhood to see the open houses, socializing and such.

My exercise for the weekend was getting ready for the party, having the party and then cleaning up. I loved all of it. The weather was so good that no one arrived for an hour, I began to think I had sent the wrong information, but it was just people being out and about as much as possible.

Wondering what my weigh in tomorrow will be like??

Marie
04-11-2005, 05:02 PM
Hi Chickies, I hope everyone's Monday is going good instead of what Monday's are usually known for. I have the day off and that's my way of avoiding Monday Morning problems at work.

I weighed in the morning and I finally dropped a pound. I've been hanging out at 199.5 (so scared the 200 mark was coming up) for four weeks. Now I have a little more space between me and the dreaded number.

I remember when I was about 29, I lost 80 pounds and it wasn't easy, but it wasn't difficult either. The weight just sort of dropped off as long as I was good about my calories. Now that I'm in my 40's, it's a struggle for every pound. Just proves it needs to come off now instead of later. I'll just get harder.

I made banana bread in my bread machine today and that's what I had for lunch. I tried using half Splenda and half sugar, then half butter and half applesauce and it was difficult to tell that I made a reduction of 500 calories in the recipe. I think the change will be permanent.

Liza, I agree going off caffeine slowly would have been a better way to try it. I just am an impatient person and I didn't want the withdrawal symptoms to last longer. I am having a lot less caffeine than I was so I'll probably keep reducing it. Thanks for the suggestion.

CL, glad that miss myah is doing better and is eating. That must be a relief.

Well, I'll talk wiht you all later.
Marie

lostintx
04-11-2005, 05:53 PM
Hi all! Real life has been interfering with my time online. CL.. glad to hear your kitty is doing better!
This low carb diet is killing me. I was craving carbs soooo bad that I broke down and had a carb fest.
I have decided to just cut my calories, portion sizes... load up on veggies ( the GOOD for you veggies) drinks lots of water and get walking.
I also went low fat on alot of my foods and have drastically cut down on refined sugars.
I started taking a multi-vitamin and that helped ALOT! There for awhile I was eating all the time. It was like my body was craving something and the food wasnt satisfying it. But since I started my vitamin, those ungodly eating urges have stopped.
I weighed in at 170 this morning.
For breakfast this morning, I had one scrambled egg, 1 pc of dry wheat toast with 1 slice of low fat cheese, a cup of decaf and 8 oz of oj.
I had a yogurt about 10 am.
For lunch I did a HC lunch and an apple with a tablespoon of peanut butter.
My afternoon snack was 2 snackwell cookies.
Tonight I am grilling boneless chicken breasts and having spinach as a side dish.

curlylocks
04-11-2005, 06:29 PM
Ok for some reason i keep waking up @ 3 am wanting a bowl of cereal??? i guess i am gonna have to tie myself into bed lol

lostintx
04-11-2005, 07:28 PM
I get those midnight cravings too. I keep Hershey Kisses in my nightstand drawer. No kidding.. I can wake up at 1 am and be craving something sweet and I pop 1 kiss and it satisfies me and I go right back to sleep. It doesnt happen very often though and my kitty usually eats them. LOL!

LisaBee
04-11-2005, 09:35 PM
My 11 yr old had his crossover to boy scouts ceremony tonight. Talk about tears!!
They did a slideshow of the boys from the time they were tiger scouts til now. OMG! every mom in the place was teary!! Where did the time go!?!

I kept thinking how proud of Sam, Tom would have been to see him complete this phase of life. He was very excited to show off his arrow of light patch and his certificate to his big brother (age 13) :)

Eating a late dinner right now. Stayed on program all day!

Liza: Glad to hear your party went well! We were out all weekend too. Kids had soccer and softball and we bought pansies and planted.
Lisa

lilybutt
04-11-2005, 09:55 PM
HHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP PPP!!!!!!!! :eek:

I opened the flood gates and have not been able to close them!!!!

I started eating this weekend and haven’t been able to stop!!!! :nono: I am eating when I am not hungry because the food is there…shoot even eating “diet” food, because it is all that is in the house because I just want to eat!!!!!

Okay go that off my chest and tomorrow is another day…..Marie…you are so right…I lost 130 lbs in my mid twenties…..a lot of work, but I did it with constant watching what I ate and exercise……now the same plan just doesn’t do it and it is so hard to stick with it! I do great for weeks, then the wagon hits a big bump in the road and I get tossed off of it and it takes a while to get caught back up with it….sooooo….

…….Here’s the plan……..back to 1200-1600 calories a day…..exercise at least 5 times in the next week, challenge myself with a nonfood reward for getting through the day without eating something I shouldn’t. This week should be okay, but Thursday is an all day meeting and food will be there……I usually am good if I don’t bring a treat to share….I won’t eat anything someone else brings……so I ill not bring anything to share, so I won’t eat anything….and if I can get through that day I ill treat myself too….hmmmm…..I need to think of something special…since I am single and have no kids…..I treat myself all the time ;) ….so a special something is hard to come up with…..maybe a new pair of shoes, there is a really cool pair of green Clark Sandals I saw at the mall this weekend…..I will ponder it for a day and see what I can come up with!

Thanks for letting me vent!!! :write:
Lilybutt

curlylocks
04-12-2005, 07:36 AM
Wow i'm down 3 more pounds since thursday.. hey maybe Ive discovered something with the orange/pickle diet lmao .. yeah that it makes u so sick u dont wanna eat anything else!

well that brightened up my day!

Lily just try to brain wash your self back to your mission.... everyone needs a lil break now and then just dont give up...
just say it was a lil vacation!

Sugar Cube
04-12-2005, 10:48 AM
No change in weight this week and I am glad I didn't gain anything after this weekend.

I did get to the gym this morning, day one of four days this week I promised myself.

CL - what is up with the cereal? I don't wake up for anything. We had a baby over the weekend and apparently we didn't hear her either. What kind of cereal do you want???

LISA - I remember when my nephew crossed over, my sister was crying from tears of relief as then she had both sons in the same group and a lot less running around. Her kids really like the scouting and their dad is/was an Eagle Scout. I don't get the part where they go camping year round in New Hampshire. The pansies are sprouting up in the window boxes and pots on the front steps. I am a little chilly this mornign but it is feeling pretty good to me.

LILYBUTT - Maybe next time the hungry horrors hit, you need to walk away from the house, away from the food, away from the evil. There are some days that there just isn't enough time to eat everything you want. I was also able to lose 2 pounds a week every week the first time I lost weight, this second time around is just not working as well and I am not sure it is just that I am married with a child, some of it is that I make bad decisions, good for others, like baking or cooking their favorites and caving into joining them and bad because I am still not great about portion control. I am really trying to measure out all of my food. Did you try tracking what you ate this weekend, maybe if you made a deal with yourself to write it all down, the act of putting it into black and white would help you put on the brakes. Like do I really want those pretzels at 110 calories???

Off to work some more, my coworker is out today so I am it for the permits and question answering. I can't get project work done because of the interruptions but I like the variety of things to do.

Sugar Cube
04-12-2005, 04:31 PM
I was over on the web site, seems like no one has really been around posting there since apirl 5th. I usually can't make the chat rooms, during the day I am work and in the evening we are heavy into homework and getting ready for bed. Is that the main way people are communicating.

bailey7
04-12-2005, 05:12 PM
:) Good afternoon Sugar Cube. I can't do the chats either and have no idea what's been going on over there. This place seems to be very slow lately but I'm hoping it will pick up. I counted about 23 members in the beginning but alot seem to be MIA. Anyways, I'll post tomorrow cuz I gotta run now, been pretty busy today and yesterday. I did my weigh-in yesterday and lost only a lb. I guess I shouldn't eat shrimp swimming in butter and drink beer the night before weigh-in :lol:

Hi to everyone else, hope things are going okay :D

LisaBee
04-12-2005, 09:14 PM
I'm here! I stayed OP and did fine today...am thinking of something sweet right now so I may make a cup of tea and have a sugar free fudgescicle.
Like you Liza, I work during the day and then after school its homework, dinner, sports etc. then bed for the kids and usually prep work for my classroom kids.

Yep...my older son camps once a month through the year. I don't get the camping in the snow thing either!! They are insane...all of them! LOL!

Lilybutt: What happened during your pizza out night? I'll grab the ropes and slow up this wagon so you can jump back on!!! Make sure you are drinking a ton of water to fill yourself up. Get some sugarfree gum to chomp on too. You can do it we all support you!! :grouphug:

Lisa

lilybutt
04-12-2005, 10:35 PM
Well I am back……Sunday night…pizza night…..I ate pizza, but quit when I was full…..did not over eat at all!!! Which was good for me! But all day Monday was hard for me to get back OP…but woke up this morning and luckily the wagon had made a pit stop right outside my house so I got back on and had a terrific day! 1311 cal according to fit day…so I have done well today! I was going to go for a walk….but my day was just all off kilter…..here is what happened…..

I was leaving for lunch and my phone rang…it was my boyfriend…he wanted me to come out to his work…they had trapped a tame cat and were going to put it to sleep if now on took it…..he is a softy….but then so am I so we took it to the vet to get it checked out….no FeLV or FIP or fleas, just mites and in good health……so got his vaccinations and going to get neutered tomorrow and he is all mine!!!! I am not sure how my little fur-girls will take to a “boy” fur baby.…but I am going to give it a try!!! I just can’t see putting an animal down for no reason!

Then after work I got home and had a mess!!! My water softener tank blew a hole in it an water was everywhere!!! So I got that turned off and called Culligan to come and fix it. The guy was nice and helped me clean up…they are coming back tomorrow to shopvac the basement!

And even with all of that I stayed OP, just didn’t get in the exercise…..but I am happy with my day!

Lilybutt

Sugar Cube
04-13-2005, 09:19 AM
BAILEY 7 - Well, you can have the butter bathed shrimp and beer, if it is only one shrimp and only one ounce of beer and you hit the treadmill really a lot. LOL. BTW - congrats on the one pound. My accomplishment is that I am on the losing track again after houseguests for whom I had to show off, a big party with grilled jerk chicken, pasta salad, black beans and rice, two cakes one of which is Pina Colada cake, waffles for breakfast, and so on.

LISABEE - I found some new popsicles, made by Hood, which are tiny, just enough for a few bites, only 10 calories but will be useful I think for both portion control and limiting myself when I want something NOW.

We are really fair weather campers, the earliest we will go is in June, and we have camped in October just before Halloween which was cool but nice like New England, though that trip was tricky as we had my MIL with us and she is slowing down. We take a week long trip the last week of August just before the start of school, this year Vermont, haven't been since before we got married, so we are interested in that.

LILBUTT - Hate the water softener story but love the kitty story, you sound like my dad, he found a cat on the side of the road on the way home from work one night and she was ours. Since there were four kids we all got to name her so she was Tricky Terry Tracy and I forget the fourth one. It is an accomplishment to stay on track in the face of such adventures.

Started out at the gym this morning, one of those days you just don't want to go, but I hauled myself out there. The scale said exactly 188 so I want to hold onto that. I did have to scrap ice off my car windows, that was not nice at all.

I have packed my lunch, also did DH's, he got ham and cheese on whole wheat roll up, one cup of left over pasta salad, an orange and pudding. He hasn't even said anything about the whole wheat bread and pasta I have started using.

Meals are planned for the day and I am scheduling a walk during the day. The sun is out.

Kasee
04-13-2005, 10:24 AM
Good morning. Can I join in too?
My name is Kasee. I am 42 years old.
I have been wandering around this site for a week or so now. Trying to figure it out!
I live in the Toronto, Ontario area.
I am "Somersizing" and have been doing so for about a month.
Not too sure how I'm doing, I don't own a scale. (I'm afraid I would become obsessed with it.)
But, my jeans are getting looser. Thank god!
I really enjoy reading the posts and like the fact that we are not alone in this.
I try to walk everyday, 8 km, sometimes 10. (That is my form of exercise.)
I was diagnosed with MS years ago. (Yes, I am raising funds and doing the MS walk this weekend. This will be my fifth year walking it.)
I am single, although I do have a boyfriend.
Now that I am unable to work and had to quit my job, I have found weight slowly slipping on 1 or 2 lbs. at a time, before you know it, 60 lbs.
So, that's my goal. 60 lbs.
*Walking my way back into my beautiful summer wardrobe.*
K

Sugar Cube
04-13-2005, 12:10 PM
KASEE - Welcome to the 40's. sounds like you are going slow and steady which is the way to do it, it will stay off that way. Walking is a great workout and you learn so much about your neighborhood.

Marie
04-13-2005, 01:03 PM
Hi Chickies. I hope eyveryone is having a great day. So far, I'm in a lot better mood than I was yesterday. I was so blah I didn't even make a single post. I read the forum but had nothing to say. Can't say that today is any different - nothing new in my life. I stayed on plan yesterday but didn't do anything active in the evening. Tonight is exercise night so that should help make up for it. I had a bigger breakfast today and it's curing the morning munchies. I definitely will add more calories to my breakfast if I can stop the morning, at work snacking. It's definitely been a problem.

Kasee, welcome and glad to meet you. Congrats on the jeans becoming looser. Isn't that a great feeling. I love when they turn baggy. I bought some new jeans in a smaller size and they're a little tighter now. I look forward to them being loose.

Lillbutt, congrats on the new kitty. Animals are wonderful and I bet the female felines will be okay. Especially since you're having boyo neutered. His ego will be pretty deflated.

Liza, way to go on exercising when you didn't want to. It might be the hardest time to exercise but you get to be way proud that you did it anyway. Way to go!

Have a great afternoon, chicks.
Marie

bailey7
04-13-2005, 02:37 PM
:D I'm with MMarie, I'm here but I have no desire to talk, it's PMS I think ;) So just stopping in to say hi, how's it going and all that :D I'm stickin' with my program but I'm getting bored so maybe I'll have to mix it up abit. Anyways, talk to you later. For all you working women, hats off to you, I don't know how you do it!!!!!!!! Kasee, welcome, I pm'd you :)

curlylocks
04-13-2005, 07:21 PM
Hey Bailey... got any good ideas for what to make with some wheat pasta???

and u guys doing low carbs which vegtables are ok ? :?:

I had the new healthy choice Lemon pepper fish it was yummmmy.. and i dont like fish so it must be good! lol

Sugar Cube
04-14-2005, 09:48 AM
Missed the gym today, just too tired, must be getting sick. Just what I need. I have been invited to my boss's 50th birthday party this weekend, and I really want to go if only to see who else in the office has been invited.

Yesterday, I logged 8,280 steps on the pedometer. My daily goal is to reach 10,000 so I know I have some more work to do on this area.

Food has been going well, though last night, I just wasn't hungry, ate one of my NS desserts and went to bed.

MARIE - spreading out your food and making sure you have enough for during the day, especially if you are going to work out in the evening is important. The whole banking for a special event doesn't work I think especially if you are burning a lot in exercise.

BAILEY 7 - Working full time is the only way I keep my sanity sometimes. If I stayed home with DD, she would be dumber than a post, as it was she was in great care and is such a social butterfly. I really like my job, land use and urban planning, and helping people, I get so much out of it. And with the 20 years in the job, I have 5 weeks of vacation, 2 weeks of comp time and full benefits for minimal copay. Overall, if I could just get rid of a couple of coworkers, I would be in perfect bliss.

CURLYLOCKS - Whole wheat pasta is fine, it is so much better now than it used to be. You can get lots of lowcarb info at the Atkins.com site even if you doing South Beach. Veggies which are your friends: brocoli, spinach, lettuce - especially the darker green ones, red peppers, green beans, eggplant, cabbage, and cauliflower which is often substituted for white potatoes. I have found that the HC fish is pretty good for frozen fish.

I took a sneak peak this morning, and I am heading downwards again. I may be in the swing of things. I have been careful about tracking my calories and the quality of my food recently, and am making better progress towards portion control. I tell myself I will have such and such in a real portion and then if I do want more I can have it. Usually I don't. I would rather lose two pounds by next Tuesday.

Have a great day, I am plugging along, not getting too much done.

bailey7
04-14-2005, 10:59 AM
:D Here I am again :D Okay, I really do have PMS even hubby said so last night :devil: and I guess I'm just not handling it well this month. I'm feeling pretty dragged out and just feel like sittin' on the couch with the tv remote but there's laundry to do and exercise too. Also my 24 yr. old daughter is coming over this afternoon (she's the middle one) and I haven't seen her for a while, actually since Easter! :o
I know what you feel about the sanity and working as I used to work when my kids were young, well really most of they're lives, but now that there gone I figure it's my time now. What I really meant was how do you exercise and diet AND work. When I was working, I was slim so it wasn't a problem.
CL, I still haven't made it yet but I think I'll try it tomorrow the same way I do it with the white pasta. Some pasta, roasted red peppers, brocolli in chickenstock reduction with a sprinkle of parm. This makes a filling dinner but you can throw some cooked chicken in too.
Well, I'm off to get my makeup on and then on to do the laundry. :p I'll check back later. Hope you all have a good day :D

curlylocks
04-14-2005, 01:02 PM
Im tired also.. i have been working from 8 am to 8 pm zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Well i think i am finding that my old way of eating... (not much meat.. pasta, potatos, bread!) was really a trigger for my eating toooo much... plus it seems since i have cut them out i have lost more quickly... im not doing any particular plan....

just trying to eat healthy.. portion controled meals.. and walk

tho i do think and i want to learn more about good carbs/ bad carbs ..

thanks bailey that sounds yummy ill have to give it a try saturday

everytime i see u talk about brocoli i am wanting some... lol

lilybutt
04-14-2005, 10:50 PM
Well the little fur man is home!! It took an extra day to get him neutered because of an emergency at the vet. He is hiding under the bed…..my little fur girls keep walking in there and then coming out like, “yup, still there!” But no hissing or action of any kind…..I am leaving him be…just going in there and talking to him once in awhile.

Otherwise…eating has been good! Yesterday had a bit of a slip….got into the candy at work, but counted the cal and wrote it down. Today had my meeting, didn’t take any treats so felt I shouldn’t eat any, but there were grapes and strawberries, so had a few of them, and a piece of dark chocolate, but came home and wrote it down and still stayed within my calorie limits. Also went for an hour walk…..I need to get new batteries for my pedometer and see how many steps I am taking on my walks…but it was about 3 miles in an hour….not as fast as I can do at the gym, but it is hilly and walking outside is just different than the laps around the gym…..but I so enjoy being outside and I have been feeling it in my butt and my inner thighs, so must be something! Unfortunately I am also feeling it in my knees so taking the Osteo Bi-Flex and hoping that helps my knees..it did once so hoping it does again!

Other than that….I am tired as well, seems we all are lately?!?!?! I love being in my 40’s but jeez!!!! May just be my period too…..lasted a full week this time….on some new birth control pills that have made it less heavy , but longer….which as bad as it was , I would rather be a few extra days….but still it takes it out of me!!! Menopause may be relief LOLOLOL

Have a great night!
Lilybutt

curlylocks
04-15-2005, 08:15 AM
sign me up for the tired list.. TGIF! but i think we have to work tomorrow as well.. I have been gettin home @ 8 pm im sure it isnt good to be having dinner that late.. plus i havent been walking.

We had parties at work yesterday every kind of food u can imagine... BUT i was good.. my only indulgence was 1 sea shell noodle from a pasta dish... lol i never knew 1 noodle could taste soooooo good! then i had all fruit.. so i am impressed with my will power to stay away from all the brownies.. and cakes!

need to go stock up my cabinets.. im out of all my fav healthy choice dinners.. and my soups for lunch

well better get movin here... work bellows!

have a great day everyone... maybe the hoo hums are the position of the moon or something.. or we have "spring fever"

Tho I am determined to keep working toward my goal weight... haha just need some energy!!! ill try to recharge!!!

Sugar Cube
04-15-2005, 09:18 AM
BAILEY 7 - I always laugh when people say they aren't handling PMS well, I think it really means that you are not handling the clothes dropped on the floor, dishes left in the sink, and general mess you just don't feel like picking up yet again. How many men think about laundry and such when they don't feel 100%, or when do they think it about it period.

CL - Portion control, my #1 goal right now is to embrace it.

I did avoid buying anything with my coffee this morning. I just got the coffee and bypassed everything and this place has a ton of nonchocolate options. I just know I am not hungry I had a great breakfast, cereal with some fresh strawberries and the coffee will get me through the morning.

LILYBUTT - Walking outside burns more than at the gym I think because the surface is uneven, the hills and there is so much more to look at. Good for you and your will power, the desserts will always be there, you just don't want them on your thighs.

I seem to have gotten over my tiredness, I think mine is allergies though. Juniper bushes are blooming and that may be yet another thing I am allergic to, I came to allergies late in life so I feel I can't complain too much. Alavert really helps me though so I have to toss them into my bag.

I feel that my next weigh in will be a good one. My clothing is loosening up, can hardly wait until I get to the baggy state.

Hotcupojava
04-15-2005, 05:20 PM
:wave:

curlylocks
04-15-2005, 09:15 PM
hi there!

Kasee
04-15-2005, 10:21 PM
Hi there, ladies. I just thought I would check in. I like reading what's going on with everyone, and figured I could share something. Last week I went shopping and bought myself a new pair of pants that I really liked yet I couldn't even do them up. Incentive!!! Well, I tried them on today, yippee!!! They fit. I wore them today. And then just for next week's incentive, I bought another pair of pants, that I couldn't do up. (as well as 3 or 4 tops I just had to have) I will keep you posted on the progress.
My walking everyday is going well, (10 km) and I can feel myself getting stronger. At least the hills are getting easier, don't find myself looking for an alternate route. LOL
Have a great weekend, ladies.
K

curlylocks
04-16-2005, 11:56 AM
that is soo cool! and what a great feeling huh kasee? my first time on this journey i had a lil denim mini skirt that i was waiting to get into.. it really does help..

I need to go get some groceries... after reading the posts, i think i am gonna get some of those wheat sandwich wraps and try them along with the wheat pasta..

OH and some red peppers & BROCOLI for sure! lol bailey has made me NEED brocoli !!

Bailey do u roast the peppers your self or buy them aready roasted in the jar??

haha can u tell i am hungry?? i got up late and had to run to get to work on time.. and just grabbed a jello as i went out...

curlylocks
04-16-2005, 11:58 AM
How is everyone doing on the mini goal??

bailey7
04-16-2005, 02:32 PM
:D Hi ladies! :D I've been MIA a little but I'm here now! ;) Yesterday was really bad for me, no exercise or diet :o I feel like I gained a little weight, which really sucks :mad: But I'm back on today so maybe I didn't do too much damage. I don't know what happened but once I started eating I couldn't stop, bagel and cheddar for breaky, cornedbeef on rye for lunch, and bbq wings and shrimp for dinner, plus a few snacks :dizzy: and no exercise!!! Probably it was because while dh and dd were sucking on BBQ ribs and garlic bread the night before, I stuck to my guns and had a little pasta and veggies and shrimp :D CL, I use both but I do prefer my own roasted in the oven but the ones in the jar are good in a pinch. I still haven't tried the ww pasta, still kinda scared I won't like it and then it'll ruin whatever else I'm puttin' in it. So, I guess I'll wait for you to try it and tell me how it was :lol: Kasee, did you get my pm? :?: Lilybutt and sugercube and Lisabee and mmarie and hotcupofjava, I read all your posts and I thankyou for keeping this board going, along with the rest of you and I value all the input. This is what keeps me going :D Well, I'm off for more exercise, I'll check back later. Have a wonderful weekend!! The sun is shining and it's pretty warm here :D

jdoneil1
04-16-2005, 03:00 PM
Hello, Ladies.

Well, you certainly seem to be a lively group. OK if I join in?

Brief back-ground: I've been obese since I was 10-years-old. My lowest weight (after starving myself for 3 months and exercising daily to the point of seeing black dots) was 168 pounds on my 5'4" med-boned frame. My home consists of a husband, a daughter, two sons, a dog and a cat. I work four part-time jobs, 2 of which I honestly hate and am in the process of trying to trade up to a better, full-time position. I started on Atkins back on 02/02/04 and, during the next twelve months lost 45 pounds -- of which I've regained 12. :( But I'm back on track (officially as of today) and have started exercising again as of last week.

Well, that's me. The rest of you seem to be doing well. I hope some of your success/motivation rubs off. ;) BTW -- what is "mini goal"?

Have a great day!

bailey7
04-16-2005, 03:15 PM
Hello, Ladies.

Well, you certainly seem to be a lively group. OK if I join in?

Brief back-ground: I've been obese since I was 10-years-old. My lowest weight (after starving myself for 3 months and exercising daily to the point of seeing black dots) was 168 pounds on my 5'4" med-boned frame. My home consists of a husband, a daughter, two sons, a dog and a cat. I work four part-time jobs, 2 of which I honestly hate and am in the process of trying to trade up to a better, full-time position. I started on Atkins back on 02/02/04 and, during the next twelve months lost 45 pounds -- of which I've regained 12. :( But I'm back on track (officially as of today) and have started exercising again as of last week.

Well, that's me. The rest of you seem to be doing well. I hope some of your success/motivation rubs off. ;) BTW -- what is "mini goal"?

Have a great day!

:D :D Welcome :D :D

bailey7
04-16-2005, 05:46 PM
Here's my recipe for a dry rub for roasted chicken

1 tsp. each of garlic powder, onion powder, salt, freshly gr. blk. pepper, dried oregano and red pepper flakes. 2 tsp. of paprika and you can throw in a tsp. of br. sugar if you want. Rub this under the skin and on top as I don't eat the skin but hubby does ;) You can cut back on the red pepper if you don't like it too spicy. :o

curlylocks
04-16-2005, 06:21 PM
thats sounds yummy! any ideas for cod fish? Oh i got all my stuff to make your chicken peppers and brocoli dish.. the fresh red peppers were 4.99 a pound!! good grief!

so i got the roasted red peppers in the jar! and brocoli was on sale for .99 a lb!!! woo hooo

curlylocks
04-16-2005, 06:23 PM

what is "mini goal"?

Have a great day!
umm one of the ladies had mentioned a while back that they had a mini goal to lose 10 lbs by May 9th so it sounded good to me... when u have a lot to lose.. just divide it up and set mini goals for your self!

bailey7
04-16-2005, 07:19 PM
:p Sorry CL can't help with the cod as I haven't had it since my mom used to make it for us (salted cod) for breakfast :) Tell me if you use the ww pasta, apparently I'm using it tonight but I'm going to use 1/2 & 1/2 of ww and white. But it's with speg. sauce so hopefully I won't get a bad taste. Anyways, chickies, let's talk tomorrow as I snuck in while hubby's showering. Enjoy your evening and see you tomorrow :D Also I buy the brocolli flowerettes frozen so I can just do a handful at a time ;)

curlylocks
04-16-2005, 10:01 PM
heres a fun lil toy to play with ... you can build a virtual you online...

i built myself at my weight now and also a model of myself at my goal its pretty cool!!

http://www.myvirtualmodel.com/mvmhome/jsp/home.jsp?

another interesting site>> with a lot of good ideas for motivation
http://www.beliefnet.com/index/index_216.html

jdoneil1
04-17-2005, 10:07 AM
Thank you for your replies, CL. It's nice to be welcomed so warmly! :)

You all seem to like sharing recipes so I've included two of my own (both low-carb).

Scallops Alfredo (Serves 4)

1 Lb. Bay Scallops (or Sea Scallops cut into quarters)
1 Pkg sliced Baby Bella Mushrooms (or 8 oz. sliced mushrooms of your choice)
1/2 Bx Dreamfields Healthy Low Carb Living Penne Rigate, cooked as instructed
1 Jar Ragu's Carb Options Alfredo Sauce
3 Tsp Butter
2 Tsp Olive Oil

In a large sauce pan with high sides, set the heat to high and put in the olive oil and 1 tsp of the butter. Once the butter has melted, turn down the heat to about 3/4 (I have an electric stove so you'll have to use your own judgement for a gas stove). Add the scallops and cook until done. Note: The scallops will give off a lot of water which will help them cook through. That's OK. Cook the scallops for aboout 4-5 minutes or until done. Pour the scallops & liquid through a strainer and hold the scallops aside. Add the remaining butter to the pan and toss in the mushrooms. Cook the mushrooms for 3-4 minutes. Add the Alfredo sauce & the scallops to the mushrooms & cook until heated (about 1-2 minutes). Add the cooked, strained pasta & toss to coat.

I served this to my DH last night with a tossed salad. I waited until after he complimented me on my new recipe to inform him that the entire meal (including the Crystal Light Lemon Ade beverages) was low-carb. He was shocked! :O He has been accusing me of starving myself for the last year by "dieting" but he never would try any of the meals I made for myself. He is singing a different toon this AM! :)

Oops. This is getting too long. I'll put the other recipe on a new post.

:)

jdoneil1
04-17-2005, 10:27 AM
OK. That's fustrating. I had just finished typing in the 2nd recipe when the Spy Sweeper my son installed on this computer booted me out! :( So, let's try this again.

Breakfast Burrito (Serves 1)

2 Eggs
Cooking Spray
1 Tbsp Pesto Sauce
2 Oz Thinly Sliced Ham (0-1 NC per ounce)
Large Tortilla (I found one with only 5 NC per tortilla)
1/4 Cup Shredded Colby/Monteray Jack Cheese (or any 0 NC shredded cheese you like)

Put the tortilla on a large plate, sprinkle evenly with the cheese, and set aside.

Spray a med. frying pan with the cooking spray. On med. heat, cook the slices of ham for about 1 minute on each side. Lay the ham on top of the cheese. The heat will melt the cheese.

Give the pan another quick spray with the cooking spray. Scramble the eggs in a bowl with 1 Tbsp of water. Pour the eggs into the hot pan & scramble until almost done. Drizzle the pest sauce across the middle of the eggs & gently fold the eggs over (trapping the pest sauce in the middle).

Put the eggs in the middle of the tortilla and fold burrito-style. Enjoy!

curlylocks
04-17-2005, 02:54 PM
Hi joanne both of those sound great! I hope u dont mind i copied and pasted them to our receipe forum... OH DOH!

I have forgotten to tell everyone who has come to join us lately that we also have a web site!!

with a chat room and other forums..

tho we havent been doing much chatting (guilty here)

http://40somethings.bravehost.com/index.html

Kasee
04-17-2005, 08:27 PM
Hi there. How was everyone's weekend? The sun was shining all weekend, it was awesome here in the Toronto area. I did the walk for MS today and it was absolutely gorgeous, we had a great time.
Bailey-yes ma'am, I got your pm. Thanks for getting back to me. It's nice to find people who live in the same area, don't you think?
CL- How did you enjoy the ww pasta. Personally, I love it! I would never go back to eating white pasta. It seems to have more flavour. Nothing to fear.
But, brown rice on the other hand .... yuk!
I love basmati rice. It's so light and tasty. We got a huge package of it at Costco.
Jo, hi there. Love the recipes! And, I guess I'm not the newest girl on the block anymore. LOL
Have you started back on your Atkins? How's it going?
Myself, I am "Somersizing" and am really enjoying it. I find it amazing to be losing weight and never feeling hungry. I used to use slim-fast........brutal.
I really like the idea of measuring my weight loss in 10 lb. increments. To me, it makes the amount of weight I would like to lose seem more attainable.
I am glad to see that we have a chat room, I will drop in there whenever I have the site open and hopefully someone will be around for a chat.

K

LisaBee
04-18-2005, 10:12 AM
I'm back! My kids decided my computer would be great to play the new MYST game on and the game screwed up my computer!! I have been super good about limiting them to using the word processor for homework and their computer for the games. MYST needs the dvd drive and mine is the only one that has it...sheesh! It took out my Mozilla browser which lost all my bookmarks and I just found this site again.

I am holding steady weight wise. Last night I cheated and got a full BK meal with the kids and ate popcorn at the theater when we went to see Fever Pitch. Today is a new day and one that will be back on program!!

Hope you are all weel...welcome to all the newbies!!

Lisa

curlylocks
04-18-2005, 07:19 PM
still havent made my ww pasta.. i guess i feel safe with my pre measured portions in the healthy choice dinners.. tho tonite after i had my healthy choice dinner i was still hungry.. so i had a bowl of cereal also..

I know the problem with the hunger is cuz ive been piddling around in the am and not eating breakfast again..

Marie
04-18-2005, 08:58 PM
Hi chickies, I sure need your help. I fell off the wagon with a resounding thud. My first step back on is coming back to 3FC and posting. Os I admit I've been bad. It was tasty but I regret it all the same. Since there is nothing I can do to undo it, I will make a promise to you all - I'm back on the wagon and I'm putting on a damn seat belt. I've been falling off for the last two months and I need to focus. So I will post daily and that should help the ride.

DH is out of town and I like the quiet. Eldest DS informed me he's moving out at the beginning of May. Gee, I get a craft room and his two cats will leave. Am I sad? Nope. I don't see him much between his work and school and my work, so I will have a craft room. Yippee. Told DH and he wasn't too bummed either. What I'd really like is for the other DS to move out since my opinion in his life doesn't count. Eldest DS cares what I think and asked me about moving out and ran the obstacles past me so I could help figure it out. Anyway, DS2 will be moving out in a couple months. Then I'll have 2 carft rooms?!?!?!? That I won't know what to do with it.

I need to exercise tonight and I will after 3FC. My promise is to be on track tomorrow and exercise this evening. I'll be back tomorrow. To everyone, have a great day.
Marie

curlylocks
04-19-2005, 07:22 AM
Tuesday weigh in:

GRRRR only down a 1/2 lb this week... I guess thats better than gaining...

bailey7
04-19-2005, 09:44 AM
Tuesday weigh in:

GRRRR only down a 1/2 lb this week... I guess thats better than gaining...

:D Ofcourse it's better than gaining :D Keep your chin up, you're getting there! :D

curlylocks
04-19-2005, 09:49 AM
those 3 lb weeks spoiled me!! Guess i need to do more walking... and less cereal snacking!

curlylocks
04-19-2005, 05:47 PM
Ive got my whole wheat spaghetti noodles cookin, and my chicken red peppers onions and brocoli .. yum cant wait!

Sugar Cube
04-19-2005, 06:49 PM
I have started using WW pasta as well as the bread, the slices and the wraps. The pasta has improved greatly since it first came out. I like it alot especially since I never liked my pasta mushy. How did using 1/2 and 1/2 work out BAILY? They cook at different amounts of time.

As for my mini challange, I am sort of stuck. The allergies are slowing down my exercise so I really shoud put less into my mouth to compensate for the lack thereof.

JO - I did Atkins for a while very successfully and really like how I feel, less sleepy and able to handle me weight training. I just needed a rest from the meat rut, though I am feeling that something with more portion control is definately what I need to focus on. Loved the Pest sauce for Pesto. I never did use any of those sauces. I got two really good recipes sources, one is a lowcarb cookbook from my best friend and the Atkins site online. The chicken and artichokes is great though I noticed the version online now is with regular canned artichoke hearts and the original one I have and love is with marinated artichoke hearts.

KASSEE - I love brown rice too, it definately has more bite though.

No progress this week, didn't expect much. I am guzzling the water though I am not sure if it helps with the allergies.

curlylocks
04-19-2005, 07:06 PM
yep i had to give in and take my allegra today the pollen is terrible here.. i really dont see much difference in the taste of the wheat pasta .. but i do love the whole wheat wraps.

curlylocks
04-20-2005, 11:16 AM
Dreamsicle Pie
8 oz fat free cream cheese
dash of vanilla extract
1 large container of lite cool whip (12 oz)

1 small box sugar free orange gelatin
1 small can pineapple tidbits drained
1 small can mandarin oranges drained
1 low fat graham cracker crust

cream together 2/3 of the cool whip with the fat free cream cheese.
blend until smooth add vanilla extract and mix. sprinkle envelope of sugar free gelatin over mixture and blend

when completely smooth and creamy fold in pineapple, and oranges

put mixture into pie shell and refrigerate for several hours

top with remainder cool whip

serves 8

variations: lime or lemon jello can be used

Exchanges: 1 bread 1 meat

Sugar Cube
04-20-2005, 11:28 AM
Allergies and TOM, great day I am having on top of working until 11:30 last night. I figure I might as well be miseable at the office. I am tired, sneezing and have cramps. What more could go wrong. I am definately counting this as a day off from the gym.

CL - Glad to hear your whole wheat experience is working out, it does help with the weight loss I think.

I am moving more of my food plan to the middle of the day in hopes of shaking up my metabolism. I am feeling so sluggish right now.

Kasee
04-20-2005, 12:24 PM
Good morning ladies. Well, it's raining in the Toronto area today. Any ideas of how to pass a rainy day. My walk for today will be cancelled if it doesn't clear up. I am going to sit and watch and movie, do some laundry. Hope the fridge doesn't call me.
K

curlylocks
04-20-2005, 12:53 PM
Its 90 here in maryland, tho its not going to stay that way, they say by saturday it will be back down to 50

bailey7
04-20-2005, 01:13 PM
:D Hi all! :D Yes kasee, it's really raining here too but wasn't yesterday great? CL did you have it yet? I kinda went off the food plan again on Mon. as it's McDonald's 50th ann. and they have double cheeseburgers 2 for $3.00 and yes ladies I ate 2 :o but they were so good :lol: We had a sale here on sirloin tip roasts and I got an 8lb.er boneless and cooked on the rotisserie with garlic and stuff and when I sliced it up I couldn't believe there was no fat in it. So, it cost $21.00 and after slicing it we got 14 dinners and we also have a meat slicer and we got about 3 lbs. of sandwich meat out of it. Hubby was amazed :lol:
Welcome to the new girls, I hope you enjoy yourself here, I sure do! Weigh in was 1 lb. gone for last week and yes the 3 lbs. a week seem to be gone for me too but boy the inches are sure coming off. I don't have a tape measure but I wish I had taken my measurements when I started this cuz when I put my clothes on I really see and feel a big difference. Anyways, I'm going to do some more exercise now and then shower and then watch my soaps, have a great day everybody :D

Kasee
04-20-2005, 02:42 PM
I love that feeling of fitting into clothes I haven't been able to wear. Way to go, Bailey. Yes, the weather here has been nothing to complain about. My garden needs a good watering to get things going. Keep up the good work ladies. Remember, going down, no matter how slightly, is better than going up. ;)

curlylocks
04-20-2005, 06:47 PM
i thinkthe storm is suposed to get here tomorrow.. your roast sounds yummy! we had roast on sale here also... they are having birhtday parties at work tomorrow and i have to take something in.. so i have the roast in the crockpot cooking slow and ill add bbq sauce .. and take some rolls in for my contribution..

I saved my "small jeans" waist 33 so i can use those for my goal.. last time i made this journey i was down to size 13.. ahhhhh some day..

lilybutt
04-20-2005, 07:38 PM
Hello all…

It has been a few days, but I have been so busy at work and then so tired when Iget home, I just have been vegging a lot.

Let’s see….little kitty is doing better, he no long is hiding in te rafters,spends his time up stair with us, but still won’t come near me, but he has come nose to nose with the girl cats without any fireworks. So it is just a matter of time…….

Otherwise, did well on the weekend. Tgsi week Ihad 3 days of meetings where I knew food would abound! I was in charge of bringing the candy, so I knew there would be plenty!!! But I did GREAT!!!! There as also fruit in the morning so I would have some grapes or a banana instead of the muffins or doughnuts, I ate a small portion of the lunch and skipped the chips or party mix. In thee afternoon they had veggies and dip or ice cream……what a choice huh???, but I had veggies no dip! I had brought a few snacks that I could control like the 100 calorie packs of wheat thins or a kudos bar for the sweet tooth, and I stuck to that! I am soooooo proud of myself!!! I was rewarded this morning with a weight loss…the lowest I have been in a long time…..I had a hard time breaking the 240’s but was down to 239.8, just barely I know, but still below!!!

The rest of the week should be okay…no big temptations so I hope to get through it with no problem!!!!!

Lilybutt

curlylocks
04-20-2005, 08:35 PM
way to go lily!!! its hard to pass up the goodies when they are there and easy to get too! u should be proud that u passed them by!!! and were strong!!

Bailey u have to treat urself now & then.. just exercise the burgers off!! When i was dieting before i had 1 day a week i would allow myself what ever it was i had a craving for.. and only that day.. then it was right back to work..

Marie
04-20-2005, 10:19 PM
CL, I did that too. One day a week that was for fun food. I lost 40 pounds, but I was lots younger then. Now that I have a good understanding of calories, I have a hard time embracing that concept anymore. I'm having so much trouble losing while being good, I can't imagine if I have a day a week of bad. Ah, those days of early twenties. Now they're long gone.

Bailey, congrats on the loose clothes. That is the coolest feeling to have the clothes get baggy. I love then the next step of pulling out my smaller clothes and having them fit. That's the reward in the journey. Not to mention being healthier.

I've been good food wise. Exercise, I'm just not motivated. I've had 2 12 hours days in a row and vegging at the computer is all I can handle. Pretty soon I have to get off my butt and exercise. But food and water - I have a handle on that. That's 2/3 of the plan. Tomorrow I will work out since I have to leave work early so that I can bring my puppy to the vet.

TTYL.
Marie

Kasee
04-20-2005, 10:28 PM
:?: Just curious.....does that time of the month hit anybody the same way it hits me? I can't seem to fill up, my appetite increases a day or two before. It's so frustrating, knowing that I have eaten enough, why am I still hungry?
K

curlylocks
04-21-2005, 07:18 AM
I am 44 and havent had a period since october.. dont miss it one bit!

kclay61
04-21-2005, 08:15 AM
Hi everyone - I'm new here and would like to join - I'm 44 - unfortunantly, looking at the last post - I DO still have my period and HATE IT! I have been having one since I was 9 and, frankly, I'm extremely tired of it. What can a girl do?

Kasee
04-21-2005, 08:46 AM
Hi Kim, always happy to see new faces around here. How's it going?
Welcome.
K :)

bailey7
04-21-2005, 11:00 AM
:?: Just curious.....does that time of the month hit anybody the same way it hits me? I can't seem to fill up, my appetite increases a day or two before. It's so frustrating, knowing that I have eaten enough, why am I still hungry?
K

From what I've been reading on alot of boards, the answer is yes. Personally, yes, yes, yes!!! :dizzy:

bailey7
04-21-2005, 11:02 AM
Hi everyone - I'm new here and would like to join - I'm 44 - unfortunantly, looking at the last post - I DO still have my period and HATE IT! I have been having one since I was 9 and, frankly, I'm extremely tired of it. What can a girl do?

:D Welcome, hope you enjoy it here! :D

Sugar Cube
04-21-2005, 12:29 PM
KASEE - While watching TV can you walk in place? At least that will keep you focused and out of the kitchen. TOM can affect me though right now I am all over the place with affects or none. Right now, I crave sort of salty things so I am having a portion of low fat chips or popcorn. While on Atkins, I had no cravings, got rid of the chips altogether so it must be related to the carb situation. I have also found that exercise makes a positive difference.

CL - Has the weather just been wild or what, we had the same thing here in Boston, over 80 degrees yesterday and today while it is sunny it very windy and in the 50's.

BAILEY 7 - The whole planning your food thing is a big success. The better I plan, the better we eat and the less I spend. I try to do it every Saturday or Sunday for the coming week, though I am easily led astray by DH who loves to hit the beach or go out to eat or whatever for fun.

LILYBUTT - sounds like kitty is settling in, hard to fit in when there are so many others. And you do know how to lose those pounds, all good choices in the face of all that food. I wonder at work sometimes if they think we have to be bribed with food to do our jobs. The bosses birthday party is on Monday and she has been in a foul mood lately so the contributions are a little weak. That could be a blessing for me in the long run.

Anybody else check out the Mypyramid.org website, the new site for the nutrition? It is pretty good. It is still new so it is slow with all the traffic on it. It has a good explanation for lots of different things, especially portion control.

MARIE - Long days cut into the exercise. Maybe you and the pup can have a play date after the vet's visit.

KIM - Welcome, from your signature is Cameron here yet, safe and sound?

Off to finish off the day and pick up DD early, we are going to practice the two wheel bike riding. We are trying something new, we took off the pedals as well as the training wheels and lowered the seat a little so her feet are flat on the ground. She is practicing the balancing by pushing with her feet and coasting. Then we hope that she gets a good balance going to put the pedals back on.

Marie
04-21-2005, 11:26 PM
Hi all, Kodiak came threw with flying colors. Today was the first day he seemed normal and the blood work came back “awesome” according to the vet. So there might not be any long term damage. I even had to yell at him since he took tomorrow’s lunch off the counter and was chowing down it. Yep, my baby boy is much better.

Liza, I planned on a play date with him on the mountain so he could run wild, but we had to get home to get the vet's all about the blood work. So tomorrows exercise is taking my 3 doggies running (they run, I walk) on Hamaker Mountain. So I will be exercising tomorrow. I rode the exercycle this evening so that would be a run of two days exercising Heavens, perhaps there’s hope for me.

Kacee, without a doubt my monthly cycle which seems to be coming quicker and quicker, effects my eating, moods and willingness to exercise. Then there's the fact that if you step on the scale you'll want to throw it out the window. The joy of being a girl...

Kim, welcome to a great thread. Hope you stay with us.

That’s about it. Talk to you all tomorrow and have a great Friday.
Marie

Michelle1210
04-22-2005, 01:50 AM
Hi Group,
So this is where the 40 something group is? , i just turned 40 in Dec. and looking for likeminded peoples to share with, on the WW site they had 40 and 50 lumped together, just getting my bearing to face 40 not even ready to look at 50 yet.
Michelle

kclay61
04-22-2005, 02:25 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome. No Liza, Cameron isn't here, yet. But we thought he was trying to make it a couple of days ago. False alarm. I told 'mom' that he will probably get here on the 28th. It looks like he has dropped. Her back is really bothering her. So we shall see.

curlylocks
04-22-2005, 11:38 AM
yeah i still say... i havent figured out how i got to be 40 something so fast!! lol

Sugar Cube
04-22-2005, 11:38 AM
MARIE - Sounds like Kodiak is well on the way to health, eating off of the counters indeed.

MICHELLE - Are you a WL? weight lifter? and a WW weight watcher, sounds good, welcome to the group, we are not ready for 50 yet either. I lift weights when the allergies haven't knocked me down. I plan to get to the gym on Monday since all weekend long it is supposed to rain. That makes me feel better overall.

KIM - Oh yes, the lower back pain, I expect we shall be seeing Cameron in real life pictures soon. Good luck for a speedy delivery and quick recovery.

I am thinking about ditching my Nutrisystem diet and going back to Atkins. I have a bunch of food left over but could incorporate it into Atkins when I needed to take a dinner to work. It doesn't need to be refridgerated so that is a big plus, just a little high on the carbs, though they are the good ones. I am going to consider the pros and cons this weekend, but I just haven't been making progress these last two months. I am definately not going to make my mini goal, I just let too many things get in the way.

I also find in the summer since we grill out so much, something like every night we are home, that I feel I am missing something when I am eating out of my box. The convenience is really nice though and I don't have to think about portion control or about balancing.

I will take any and all opinions on this subject, thanks in advance. :dizzy:

Michelle1210
04-22-2005, 01:32 PM
Hi curly locks love the name, every now and then i think i'am 40 really when did that happen??? :?: :lol: :?:
Liza Once upon a time i was a weightlifter, its been 3 years for me however I still benifit from it for instance i wear a size 16 at 5'3 and weigh 218 still compact....I had an injury with my scatiic nerve and it took 9 months to heal I use to do aerobics 5 days a week and worked out with my friend and trainer 2 days aweek, been thinking about doing it again but going to take this weight off first.......walking now...... eating lean 3/4 vegtables1/4 protein added a green drink to my diet getting my carbs from sweet potaoes yams carrots whole grain hot ceral like irish oatmeal......and yes WW too I need the boost of accountability and monday weigh ins are perfect it really keeps me mindful of my weekend eating .........loosing weight isnt as easy as it use to be awww sweet perimenopuase

hope to meet many of you gals
:flame:Azulfire :flame: ...... Michelle

curlylocks
04-22-2005, 03:53 PM
AHH i know all about the sciatic nerve ...i had a lumbar laminectomy 2 yrs ago on 3 discs, fusion with bone paste... took 135 staples for my inscision.. OUCH.. but am doing fine now

bailey7
04-22-2005, 04:12 PM
Ewwe! Ouch is right! Hi all, I've been really busy here so I haven't been posting but just wanted to say hi and I'm doing great. :) Keeping up with the exercise and the food program :D Anyways, welcome to the new girls and I hope you're all having a good day. I'll be back when things aren't so hectic, see ya' ;)

Marie
04-22-2005, 11:47 PM
Hi all, CL that had to be horrible. I'm glad you're doing good now. Wow and ouch. Michelle, welcome to a great group of ladies. I can't believe WW lumps 40 and 50 together. They are such a different stage of life. This perimenopause is for the birds. Not only is it hard to lose weight, it's damn easy to regain it. Then who knows what your cycle is going to do from one month to the next. I can't wait for menopause, the real thing. Although I'm not ready to be fifty for at least 7 more years (in other words, I'm 43). Kim, I remember way back when my kids were born - back labor and nothing else. Not one normal labor pain. It was a yucky experience that I'm thankful never to be doing again. Although the pain gave me two of the best kids on earth, I wouldn't relive it for anything. I hope Cameron is nice to his mommy.

Today was fantastic. It was sunny and warm for the first time in weeks. Spring was here today, but going to be gone tomorrow. Oh well. I really enjoyed today. I took Kodiak, Blizzard, and Goldilocks and a long hike and we all had a great time. They ran wild on the mountainside. I can't imagine putting my dogs on a leash other than to take them to the vet. Anyway, it was great and lots of exercise. I was on plan with food and water too. Really, Friday is the most fantastic day of the week.

Talk to you all over the weekend.
Marie

Michelle1210
04-23-2005, 05:46 PM
AHH i know all about the sciatic nerve ...i had a lumbar laminectomy 2 yrs ago on 3 discs, fusion with bone paste... took 135 staples for my inscision.. OUCH.. but am doing fine now

I'am glad your doing better......I find when mine acts up if i lay on ice and it can be painful it really really helps me. I like your pic on your id thingy magig... :?: :lol:
Michelle

curlylocks
04-23-2005, 07:14 PM
i was very lucky i had one ofthe best surgeons in the us, and have had no pain since the surgery.. a lil stiffness but thats it.. o thanks the pic is from my web set that is on my personal web site.. its from marys lil lamb, a graphics designer

Kasee
04-24-2005, 04:27 PM
Hi ladies...
How's everyone's weekend going?
The weather here in the Toronto area is still crappy today, so myself and DH decided to do a Costco run. A little wander around, anyways.
I was not a good girl last night on my diet, had to have 2 glasses of wine. Well, rap my knuckles.......but, at least it was red!!
Everywhere we go I see all the flats of flowers out for sale and can't wait for the sun to make another appearance so I can pretty up the yard.
Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.
K

curlylocks
04-24-2005, 08:11 PM
today wasnt a good day for me either.. well i guess i didnt mess up tooo bad but i had a big waffle with syrup..

Michelle1210
04-24-2005, 11:10 PM
CL I would love to see your site.....

KAsee I love flowers :) I would love to do my yard :) I dont seem to have a green thumb for the out doors :( but i do great with house plants

tomarrow is my day of reokening at WW I believe i did good all weekend :) started to walk on Fri. but didnt get in much walking in this weekend will work more on that goal this week providing the rain lets up. have a good evening and will check back monday to let you know how I did
Michelle

kclay61
04-25-2005, 12:00 AM
Good luck to all of us on our WI day. Tomorrow is mine. *crossing fingers* I hope I loose something. Guess tomorrow will tell.

Sugar Cube
04-25-2005, 10:18 AM
I did it this weekend, just dumped the whole NS and went back to Atkins on Saturday morning. Already I am feeling so much better and don't have any cravings at 10 am. Big improvement. I also went grocery shopping on Sunday to get myself Atkin-ized as well as did the whole meal planning for the week. That will make a huge difference.

MICHELLE - Your plans all sound very sensible, going with what works for you. I am back at the gym, slowing working through sore shoulders, not sure what is up with them, but continuing to use the cardio equipment and doing some lower body workouts. I even walked the soccer field during DD's soccer clinic for about half an hour. I used to do WW with DH and we had a Monday weigh in with a most popular leader, she was great, full of ideas and always very kind with the beginners while not boring the old timers. She had a biggest number of members at goal of any meetings I had ever gone to and they all said she was a huge part of it. The groups were 30 at a minimum but somehow she had it all under control. I wish you well. Which of the programs are you using? I hear that there is a new.

sciatic nerve - oh yes, DD lay on mine for about 3 months, the moment I delivered all the pain was gone. That is another reason to get the weight off. Once I hit 190, the pain returns, like magic.

My weigh in is on Tuesday, I probably did shed some pounds Atkins does that at the beginning, at least for the first two weeks. It will be a good mental boost.

Off to work on that stuff I have been avoiding big time.

;)

InvisibleGirl
04-25-2005, 11:23 AM
I posted this in the old thread by mistake, so I thought I would post it again here to introduce myself to anybody I missed.

Hi, I am 41 and I'd like to join the group. I've trying to lose since January and I've lost 34 lbs, but lately it is coming off slower and slower. It took me so long to get under 200, and now I feel like I've been in the 190's forever. I just can't seem to keep going.

I joined a gym and I am trying to do 3 step aerobic classes a week, Monday I did step plus a 20 min ab toning class - ouch! You still can't even see my abs. I keep telling myself that by the time I manage to work off all this flab I will be all muscles underneath.

LisaBee and Liza, I am from the South Shore too, I grew up in Randolph which was nice when I lived there but is not so nice anymore. I lived in Hingham too for a while, but now I am living in Kansas. I really miss home.

I have a lab mix named Lara, a cat neamed gracie, a cockatiel named peaches who never shuts up, and a little girl named Maya who is 8 going on 18, smart, precocious and the light of my life. I am raising her alone. She is very proud of how hard I am working and she tells me all the time how great I look. She rocks!

Reality hit for me when people start asking if I was Maya's grandmother. Then one night I was out with my best friend, who is age 41 and also overweight, and some inconsiderate loser asked if I was her mother. I cried for a a while about that but I really do look so much older with all this weight. So I am doing it, hoping to get rid of jowly look and double chin, not to mention my stomach.

Here is some comic relief for you all: I was standing in front of the mirror the other day complaining to my daughter about how my boobs are hanging pretty low. She says "That's cause you don't have your tummy to hold them up any more." Out of the Mouth of Babes, right?
Sally

curlylocks
04-25-2005, 01:34 PM
hi Sally ! great to have u join in!

yesss i need to get my motivation cranked up... its lagging...

my web sites are:

http://www.curly-locks.com and my pet site is
http://www.geocities.com/my_tabbies

Michelle1210
04-25-2005, 03:34 PM
hi ladies ;) I think i finally made it past the 10 lb barrier!!!! I started WW at the end of Jan and have been yo yoing this 1 lb for the last month and 1/2 and Glad to say i'am down another lb......shooting for my first 10% weightloss :)

Hi Salley Welocome these ladies are great i just joined last week, still getting to know them too, but i think there great ! well loose our double chins together ok :lol: I hope you enjoy step aerobics I did I sure loved going to class but I dont have a car and a bus dosnt go that route I loved the gym so I walk ( barely) its hard for me to do it by myself i loved having my friends in class and the friendly social competion.

Sugarcube what is NS? I like my leader at WW she is high energy.....she loves to call on and people so I have to be ready with an answear so i make sure i'am doing the program not just going and sitting there, So how are you liking the gym? are you following any workout programs? I did the BFL with a girlfriend we were looking good then she got pregnant ....lol she was looking real good ;) :lol:

Curly locks thanks for the links i've been trying to find an avator that reflects me....sure the ones they have here fun but not really me and why dont they many with black hair? :smug:

[COLOR=Red] KClay......drumroll......have you uncrossed your fingers yet???? :dizzy: you'll do fine :p
Michelle :flame:

Sugar Cube
04-25-2005, 03:58 PM
MICHELLE - NS = Nutrisystem. I tried it again online since I think a lot of what I have going on is portion control issues. Anyway, about 16 years ago I lost about 50 pounds on NS at the rate of 2 pounds a week and kept it off with lots of gym time and sensible eating. Then life caught up with me. I think that my body metabolism has just shifted because I do feel better on Atkins and am going to keep track this time of why I go off of Atkins. I am not really much of a cake or candy eater so giving them up isn't really hard. White potatoes, white rice and donuts don't really appeal to me either. I think I got lazy last time. My weaknesses are pizza, subs, ice cream, and fried breaded seafood. I can actually eat around all of these things once I get done with induction and be very happy. Lucky for me there are lots of lowcarb options when we go out, mostly steak and seafood, and the fast food stuff like the 99 and TGIF's all have menues with lots of options. And most everywhere has a chicken ceasar salad, very Atkin-ese.

I also like BFL and can definately feel and see the improvements over just my flopping around the gym. And I need a gym membership or else I just don't exercise at home, though I do some pilates and yoga at home on video. Right now DH has to pump up my tires on my bike and I am investigating getting a third wheel for DD so we can rides while DH goes to the gym in the evening, I go at 5:30 am and if I am really together ride my bike over for my warm up. Got to multitask every moment of the day.

BTW - That work project is still not done. :^:

kclay61
04-25-2005, 04:34 PM
Almost forgot to post my weight loss - I lost 1lb - almost to my, personal, 10%

kclay61
04-25-2005, 04:35 PM
Almost forgot to post my weight loss - 1 more pound gone - almost to my, personal, 10%

Michelle1210
04-25-2005, 06:10 PM
[B][COLOR=Blue] CL I took a looksie and i loved it ......i never seen the doll collection before.....they were absolutly adorable

your a cat person me too, i was in deep grief i just recently lost my maincoon she was dark and had the classic tabby coloring....I called her Xena she was a warrior at heart......I think she was stolen, I have looked everywhere for her and at the humane society :( How i cried for her

sugarcube keep up the workout work I miss it it is my goal to be back in shape Thank God for muscle memory.......sounds like you may need to give your shoulders one day of rest :) than bam pump it up !! My son has a weight set in the garage hmmmm but it is something better than nothing although it dosnt compare to the gym wah :cry: :lol:

Weigh to go KC :strong: :cloud9: I have a daughter called Audrey too she is 21.......

curlylocks
04-25-2005, 07:02 PM
well i just went to the grocery store for some sliced lunch meats.. now im home minus 100.00 sigh.. i wonder y u can never get out with just what u went for? picked up some more jello cups, a few hc meals.. lmao if u look in my freezer all u see is green!!

they had ny strips 2 for 5.00 yummmmm and as always had to get eggs.. u talk about a rotten dog.. i have to make him scrambled eggs everyday! he's such a picky eater..

not lookin forward to my weigh in tomorrow... im sure i havent moved down any.. and just hoping its not goin up!

Michelle--- ill look for an avatar site for u .. sorry to hear about ur kitty, even with micro chipping if someone steals them u would never know.. Did u ask at the vet id they had seen one?

im so bad i cried one day when myah got outside...

curlylocks
04-26-2005, 07:50 AM
Weigh in: OMG I am in shock...... i am down 4 lbs! i guess thats why i was stuck last week.. but i really thought i hadnt lost again this week! wooo hoo!

Kasee
04-26-2005, 09:06 AM
Good morning ladies, welcome Sally...

Here is some comic relief for you all: I was standing in front of the mirror the other day complaining to my daughter about how my boobs are hanging pretty low. She says "That's cause you don't have your tummy to hold them up any more." Out of the Mouth of Babes, right?

Hilarious! Children are the best!!
CL: Way to go, girl!!! Awesome.
I took a peek at your link as well, adorable. Your dolls are the picture of my neice, she's got the long curly hair and is the beautiful child I've seen. (since mine were babies...LOL)
Hope everyone is having a great day.
The rain has stopped here in the Toronto area, which means I can once again get out for a walk and am looking for the sun.....
K

Sugar Cube
04-26-2005, 10:35 AM
No actual pounds lost this week, but my trousers are feeling pretty good. Overall, I am feeling good. It may be a matter of waiting for the "swoosh".

KIM - Great on being so close to your 10%, that is a great sense of accomplishment.

I am going to take advantage of this great day and get some errands done and then head out to DD's school this afternoon for Girls in Science. There is a fair for the older girls as well as a panel discussing women in science, love being able to encourage them to grab the most out of life. Also found out this morning that my brother and his wife are going to be out of town and miss my neices BB pep rally, I have promised to go and video it. They have a DJ and all, so that means the hair cut is put off again, not to fear, someday I will get to it.

CL - For someone who thought they hadn't lost, you did pretty well, great work. You have met your mini goal a week plus early. WAHOO. I have a vision of your freezer and the green, I know that I liked Healthy Choice the best when I was using them. There is such a good variety to keep on track. I know what you mean about the grocery shopping, I won't tell you my food bill when DD and DH go with me. Found gummy worms from the candy aisle when I was unpacking the groceries.

curlylocks
04-26-2005, 01:34 PM
i like the HC becuz there are no left overs and no 2nds, but i wonder if those are realistic portions? it sure doesnt look like much food... but then i guess if i had been eating those size portions I wouldnt be dieting now>.. lmao

o and no dishes to wash either lol

curlylocks
04-26-2005, 03:02 PM
Time for a new thread?