Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 05:00 PM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Default ChitChat#123

Welcome to the Jaded Ladies!!

We are a group of fabulous ladies who love to talk about anything, not just weight loss. We'll make you feel right at home!!

So grab a cup of coffee or tea and join for some chatting!!
Old 04-08-2005, 07:42 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

Smile

Good Friday morning, ladies,

Angie - ¢ = alt 155, lol. Is Sears going to refund your money or fix the machine? Yikes, what a headache that must be. Girlfriend, I have to tell you, I just finished a paperback where the heroine reminded me so much of you!! She is a sassy multi-tasker with a heart of gold. You just have to read it! The name is Ain't She Sweet, written by Susan Elizabeth Phillips. If you haven't already read it, and want to, I'll give my copy to you. It is predictable, but very interesting to see how the author goes about getting there. I love the author's style of writing, and plan to buy her other books.

Terri - my eyes are still crossed from reading your small font, lol. We love Dora around here, and I recorded the recent show where the mom had twins. About things for your town to do, if you're looking for fellowship and moneymakers at the same time, how about a pancake breakfast, or a rummage sale, with a bake sale on the side, or maybe a bazaar or car wash? For fun, you could hold a talent show, or have a monthly book club. What about a bingo? Plus, the ideas the others gave you are great!!

Mindee - hope you're feeling better. Marti's right, when you're preggers, foods that didn't bother you before can make you sick. Hey, maybe Brandon's Godmother can get you a discount on the cake.

Cristi - YAY for getting a good deal on the furniture! I would love (and need) a new dining room set. I know what you mean about it being hard to buy for our DHs! At this stage of life, they have just about everything they need or want. Sometimes if I ask, he'll give me an idea, though.

Anita - YAY for healthy eating! Do you ever fill up on WW soup? Such a good way to get veggies, lol.

Marti - I just loved house hunting before Neal and I got married. He told me the 2 conditions he wanted in a house (far from the railroad tracks, and must have a garage, lol) and let me pick out about 5 house I really liked. Then he went with me, and we narrowed it down. So much fun!! Did James make it home before you went to work? Hope so. Is this your w/e with Jhanai?

Susan - so glad you like Doug's lady and that she enjoys the kids so much. Good luck with all the annuals!

Katy - what did you finally decide about the co-prez offer?

I haven't talked to Maggie since yesterday morning, but will call her soon. Thank you all so much for the thoughts and hugs sent my way. You don't know how much that means..... well, maybe you do.

I deep-cleaned the kitchen yesterday, and have to go grocery shopping today. I'm going to go early and hopefully beat the Friday shoppers.

Katie got her cap and gown yesterday, although graduation isn't until May 21st. My baby is all grown up! Don't know if I should cry or celebrate!!

Have a good day!!
Old 04-08-2005, 11:25 AM   #3  
Sorry I'm not a Barbie

Good Morning!!

Jane: Sorry about the font.. it looks big on my screen!! Those are great ideas!! Right now we don't need to make a lot of money as the books are way in the plus.. BUt..... We have to fix the roof and the washrooms and we have a leakin the basement.. maybe a carwash to raise money for that would be a great idea!!!!!!! Thank you! Too bad i wasnt a little smaller or we might get some guys coming just to look at me in wet clothes..... LOL Oh ya where can i find a recipe for the WW soup? I have been trying to drink broth in between meals to keep from snacking but is getting boring.. plus will all the easter chocolate in this house i think i would be happy never to see a piece of chocolate again!!

Angie: Wow thank you for the all the great ideas!!! i have copied them all plus Jane's and put them in my notepad to bring !! Poor you.. I hate laundry on a good day!! My wash machine works.. but we dont have much water here.. so every once in a while i take a carload to the laundromat..(i dont know how to spell that) Especially this time of year when the kids go through about 4 sets of slothes every day!!! When i was pregnant i was aked if i wanted to take those tests.. but i said no dont bother because i would keep it no matter what.. it is still my baby.. and i would have a harder life thinking of what i did then dealing with one that is not 100 percent perfect!!

Mindee: WEll you are good birth control.. reminding me why i dont want to get preggers again!!! I was sick both pregnancies til about the 7th month.. I was in the hospital on iv because i was starving to death.. i lost about 30 pounds!! was the smallest i had been in a long time!!!! Any potatoe chips i ate after the 7th month also came up lol... that hurt!! I hate puking!! Poor girl! How can someone not know that they are pregnant??? that is weird!! wouldnt you wonder why your belly was dancing around all the time???

Cristi: WE are eastern time!! so i will try at 3... My husband always tells me a list of want he wants so i never have to worry!! If not he is a chocoholic and a tooloholic so either of those and he is happy!! Can you pass a little of your cleaning mood over here??? I have had hives for a couple of days, so i take benedryl at night so i dont scratch.. but i can;t get out of bed in teh morning and i am groggy all day!!! that stuff is horrible!! And the dreams it gives me!!

Anita: She has a few eistein movies and she likes them.. The one that scared her was a farm animal one.. the cow scared her somehow? It was weird because she is a kid that is not usually scared of much.. I find this group a very big help for me.. in the past if i started a diet or excercise plan, if i screwed up one day i would just give up.. now that i have here to come to, i just pick myself up and dust myself off and try again!! thank you ladies!!!

Hello to everyone else!!! hope you have a good week-end!! Another sunny day here so i am happy!!!spent all of yesterday afternoon raking the yard and playing outside with the baby!! TTFN xxoo

Last edited by tlprocks; 04-08-2005 at 11:30 AM.
Old 04-08-2005, 12:22 PM   #4  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Hi Ladies and a Happy Friday to all!

Terri~I never can get the time zones right! DH told me last night I didn't need to get him anything. Ummm, too late! I told him I already got him a few things but wanted to get something else. He said he has a list of three tools he would like to have so I told him we can get one of them Monday. He has to get it because I would probably get the wrong thing. Oh yeah, the small font was hard to read!

Jane~I never know what to get V because he doesn't really need anything. I did get him some much needed work shirts and a new watch for work. I am going to make a cake Sunday because we will be gone most of the day Monday. We'll go get his expensive tool and weather permitting we are going to lunch and the zoo. Of course it is supposed to rain. So if it rains our back-up plan is lunch and a movie and possibly a museum. Anywho...so what color is Katie's cap and gown? DD was white but the boys were red and their flower was red and white tulips. I actually thought they should all have the same color gown or at least give the boys the white but that's me. May 21st will be here before you know it and you can both cry and celebrate-but they have to be happy tears! But know what ya mean about our babies growing up.

Angie~did you get your washer fixed? I was thinking of you yesterday doing the laundry. I think our dryer is on it's last leg. I'm sure it can be fixed just don't want to put the money in it. It takes three cycles sometimes to dry a load of towels, especially if I have more than two big ones in there-very frustrating.

Marti~have you seen that show House Hunters on HGTV? I love that show. Love to see the people looking at the houses and then what they do with it after they buy one. Of course HGTV is one of my favorite stations. V said I should quit watching it! Getting too many ideas! I should get into real estate...you'll know when you walk into a house that it is the one for you and we both felt that with this, plus we liked the idea of it being new. LOL Anyway, you guys are going to have fun looking for a home and I can't wait to here about your adventures buying and fixing it the way you guys want it.

Susan~missy where are ya? I come back and you are gone.

Ellen & Pam~where are you ladies?! Sure are missing you here and hoping things are fine with you.

Hi to everyone else!

I should get on with the day. Need to go get ready to go apply for a jobby, job and stop by V's work. Actually his truck...I leave little surprises in there from time to time, mostly when he works late. Also, going to go for a walk at the park which is about a mile from there. Then sometime today I need to plant my tomato plants in pots.

Take care ladies and have a wonderful Friday & weekend!
Old 04-08-2005, 12:49 PM   #5  
Sorry I'm not a Barbie

Cristi, My mom loves that channel hgtv.. she is starting to get me into it...
Old 04-08-2005, 01:38 PM   #6  
Hello my name is FABULOUS

Hi Ladies!!

FINALLY FRIDAY!! YAY! Two whole days to spend with my darling angel Joycelyn. Oh.. Yeah... my hubby too . Well I managed to survive the first week back. I am really quite pleased with myself too. Food wise I've done really well. Today was sales meeting day and they always order in lunch. Today is Veal Sandwiches and they are so Yummy but definitely NOT on any diet program anywhere. I did NOT eat any of it. I just kept thinking of our Dear Jane's advice, "Fail to Plan, and Plan to Fail" and made sure that I packed a healthy lunch for myself. Veggies and Cottage cheese dip is quickly becoming one of my favourites! I feel so good, and so proud of myself.

MARTI I know I shouldn't sweat the lack of exercise, but my workouts are my ME time and when I miss is I resent it. KWIM?

JANE
I have tried the WW veggie soup. I love it. I also make a mean Lentil soup and an Awesome Butternut Squash soup.

Made an Awesome Black bean dip the other day. Is there anywhere to post recipes here. I'd love to share. It's awesome with Pita slices.

TTFN
anita
Old 04-08-2005, 02:59 PM   #7  

Height: 5'1"

Hello girls.....

Terri--I bumped up the recipe post...I'm not sure if the WW soup is in there, if not, I'm sure Jane could post it again. I believe that the WW thread has some recipes over there too, but I could be wrong...(may have to check that out to make sure)

Jane--There are a couple houses I would LOVE to look at and possibly buy, but they are just as far away if not farther from where we are now!! Not sure when we'll actually actively start looking, but for now, I'm having fun looking around.

Cristi--HGTV is also one of my favorites!! I have seen that show house hunters and I love it. My favorite part is always seeing how they decorate it. There are times that I would have picked the other house than the one the couple chooses...but they have a budget and it needs to be what they ----want not me!! HGTV and TLC are some of my favorite channels. And James is the same way....say I shouldn't watch it, it's giving me too many idea's!!

Anita--I totally understand what you mean about "ME" time. You deserve to have me time. I hope you get a chance soon to start getting it. As I mentioned to Terri, I bumped up the recipe threads, so if you want to share a recipe, it's there for you.

Today is FRIDAY!!! I'm thrilled!! Week was long. I have Jhanai this weekend and we have plans to do some crafts. She has informed me that her friends have started getting pet rocks (remember that) AND pet sticks (what?!) and that she wants to make some this weekend and start a pet adoption! She makes me laugh....

Ok...early day today so I must get cleaned up and get ready.

You all have a marvelous weekend......I'll be back whenever I get a chance.
Old 04-08-2005, 04:04 PM   #8  
One day at a time

Talking

Back again ladies! Just can't stay away some days. Know I won't be on much if at all over the weekend, and Monday so trying to stay caught up. May try to get on later this evening, not sure. Got everything on my list done so today was not a waste.

Terri~I've been hooked on HGTV for a while now. I caught it once in a while before I met V (DH) but he watched it A LOT! And now I seem to watch it more than he does! Some of the women on those designing shows are very creative!

Marti~I do the same, pick out the house I think is the best knowing that they will probably choose a different one. But I do enjoy watching it. And TLC is also one of my favs-love Trading Spaces, Moving Up, Designers' Challenge, Curb Appeal and Designed to Sell. Pet sticks eh? Don't think I have ever heard of them or seen any. But do remember the pet rocks! Also, those silly leashes with the collar that made it look like you were walking an invisible dog! My fav were the trolls and Ziggy!

Anita~WTG on taking your own lunch and passing up the meal served.

Hi again to everyone else

Need to get going and do a couple of things before I get off the 'puter for the day. and the doggy is wanting to go out-wish we had a walk-out basement instead of just a view-out one. Or put in a doggy door through one of the windows! That would look real good wouldn't it?!

Have a good one ladies!
Old 04-08-2005, 11:21 PM   #9  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Marti~ Thanks, I am feeling better now.

Jane~ I am feeling better now, I think it was just that I drank too much pink lemonade and the sugar content of it kind of shocked the baby. Brandon’s godmother actually emailed me back and said that she was planning on bringing an ice cream cake as her dish to pass since her and her boyfriend (one of Brandon’s godfathers) is going to be late because they have to work. Tommy is planning on making a regular cake for those that don’t like ice cream cakes and then a small one for Brandon. We made it a pot luck so we didn’t have to worry about how we spent money. So we are making the main dish and then are having everybody else bring a dish to pass. Yay on Katie getting her cap and gown.

It is hard to believe that in two weeks our little boy is going to be 1! We actually just went over the invite list and Tommy asked me how many people he had to call, and it wasn’t that many because I emailed the majority of the people.

Terrie-Lee~ Well, I am glad I could be of help. LOL The other day was the first time I had gotten sick with both pregnancies. Hearing about the potato chips reminds me of when we went racing with my sister Katy and her family. She was actually pregnant with her oldest child, her daughter Roni, and she had eaten some Cracker Jacks. When she was younger she used to get car sick majorly, so she made the mistake of reading while in the car, and ended up puking up the Cracker Jacks. She hasn’t touched them since, and they are referred to as Cracker Yacks. We are still trying to figure out how she didn’t know. Their little boy, Zack, his birthday is a week exactly before Brandon, so our neighborhood will be booming with cars for two weekends.

I am so proud of myself…..I haven’t had a drop of pop all day.
Old 04-09-2005, 12:16 AM   #10  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good Friday evening JL's. Hope everyone has a nice week-end planned. I don't have a thing happening tomorrow except spending the evening alone as DH is going to a card game. Sunday we are going to Mom's for lunch. DH is going to put shelves in her storage room and repair a rocker for her. It is nice to be able to do things for her after she lived so far away for ages. I already took her and my aunt shopping for furniture one day and we stopped for lunch. Today DH and I went to take them for lunch and deliver some tables I was giving them.
Here some of you are buying new furniture and I am trying to get rid of mine. I am going to sell my formal dining room furniture and a complete queen size bedroom set. Then once we get ready to move I am selling the sofa/loveseat/chair and ottoman, pool table and several small pieces.

Mindee- Glad you are feeling better and congrats on having no pop. What fun to plan a 1st birthday party.

Cristi- I am also a big fan of HGTV and TLC. Some of those shows are such fun. Beats reality t.v. I really enjoy House Hunters.

Marti- Pet sticks? That is so funny. Have fun doing crafts this week-end. Let us know what a pet stick looks like.

Jane- Wow..a cap and gown already? Well, that is to give Mom and Dad time to get used to the idea. That way it isn't too shocking. What is Katie going to do after h.s.? Do I remember that she is going to school there? Will she live at home? The last one is the hardest to let go of I think. But then my last one was 11 years after the second and 14 years after the first, so he was truly my baby and the only boy. Made it reallllly hard to let go.

Anita- Sounds like you are doing really well on the food plan. I wish I could get my rear in gear! I always start off well and then fail. We love black bean dip, so would like the recipe please.

I know I am not getting everyone, but I have to scoot. So, tah-tah to the rest of you and I will do better next time.

Ellen..Pam..where are you?
Old 04-09-2005, 11:51 AM   #11  
One day at a time

Smile

Good Saturday morning ladies~

Didn't think I would be checking in but somehow I missed that V was working this morning. Or just forgot. Anyway, so have a little time before I need to jump in the shower and get going. He won't be home till about 1:45. Anyway...busy weekend and of course it is supposed to start raining/storming tomorrow thru Tuesday, bummer. Now would be a good time to fertilize! LOL Won't have to worry about watering the grass.

Mindee~glad you are feeling better. And what fun you guys will have on Brandons BD!

Sue~you are so lucky to have your mom close to you. Would love to have mine close, as it is, she is 8 hrs. away, which is not so bad but can't just get up and go visit whenever. Have you guys heard about the condo? Yeah, I'm not a fan of reality tv either.

HI to everyone else

Gotta get going so take care and have a GREAT weekend everyone!
Old 04-09-2005, 04:36 PM   #12  
GmaTo8

Smile

Hiya Ladies,

Terri - the WW soup that I make is a tomato juice and chicken broth base, with "free" veggies. First I add shredded cabbage, onion, and tomato chunks to cook for about 45 minutues. Then I add canned green beans, and canned carrots. Don't drain them. Add your favorite spice. Mine is Italian seasoning. Simmer it all to blend the flavors. I keep it in a gallon pitcher in the refrigerator and dip out a bowlful to nuke whenever I want it. Of course, you can add any of your own faves. Some people add zuchinni, but I don't care for it, so I don't. Some also add corn, but then it gets into some points, so I don't add that, either. Although it is against the WW rules, I eat as much of this as I want and don't count it. ( WW says you have to count "point free" foods after about 3 a day.)

Cristi - Neal found some really, really old tomato seeds in a package in the shed that belonged to his dad, and he planted them in starter pots in the house, just to see if they'd grow. They did! All 12 that he planted are growing, and it's neat that they came from his dad, in a round-about way, although he's been gone for 10 years. Of course, he'll plant other ones, too. Btw, I loved trolls, too, and made clothes for them, lol. Enjoy your weekend and Monday with Vince! Glad he's going to be able to be with you Monday.

Anita - YAY for doing so well with the food! I can tell you're really serious about this! About the veal sandwich, I woulda had 1/2 of one, and filled up on veggies, lol. This is the first "diet" in my life that I didn't avoid any foods at all. Just a thought. Anyway, I'm really proud of your determination!

Mindee - I just love pot lucks, and have the most decadent, easiest crock pot potato recipe for pot lucks. Not very calorie friendly or healthy, but darn good anyway, lol.

Sue - Katie graduates May 21st, but we have to take the gown to the cleaners to get it pressed before then. Yep, you remembered correctly in that she will be going to college here since, thanks to her dad, she gets 1/2 tuition. Can't pass that up!!

Neal and I are going to his high school alumni banquet tonight. I tried on several things that I could wear, and had Mary tell me which was best, lol. She picked a carmel-colored pants suit, that I will wear with taupe shoes and purse, and gold accessories. Nobody ever gets very dressed up for this. We haven't been for several years, so this ought to be fun! He can't wait to tell everyone he's retiring, lol.

Have a good weekend!!
Old 04-09-2005, 05:27 PM   #13  
kitty Momo

Happy Saturday. Notice the Moo Ticker- doesn't seem to know where it wants to go - so now we are back up to 151!!! ((((((((

Too many vending machine trips?? Too much sitting??

Love the idea of soup! I use to make mine with V-8 juice.onion,carrot,green beans,cabbage and a small potato -

Rocky comes in Aug -after baseball season is over.

Exciting about Katie!!! Glad you are feeling better Mindee.

Hi to Cristi,Sue,Anita,Terri,Marti,Ang,Pam,Katy,Katie... ..Shanna,,,,,our MIA and Ellen who joined those ranks.....lol

WHERE ARE YOU ELLEN????? Sheeesh......miss you. I am going to keep gaining weight til you come and post!!!!

I better go. Getting bad vibs from Mike. He called Thursday and said he was going to be in town FRiday to pick up his other daughter. This after 2 months being in Mexico. I asked if he called to confirm and he says no- just going to show up.
*ROLL EYES*.......he wanted to settle and asked if I would go back into counseling. I said saw no point in that until the court thing was settled. He backed down to joint custody and I said I couldn't agree to that. Sorry Charlie.
He said he would call Friday night and maybe we could see each other Sunday night after he dropped his daughter off and talk settlement. I said ok.
So, he never called. I called at 9am this morning and no answer, called his father and he said he hasn't seen him in a week. Though he knew granddaughter was back in town.

My gut feeling is he did come into town and daughter couldn't go with him.....so he took his wad of money and went and got drugs.

lol - sheesh....that sounds horribel but I wouldn't put it past him.

So, I put a call in to his ex to see what she knows.

Perry Mason on the trail...........lol

Chow!!!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 04-09-2005 at 05:31 PM.
Old 04-10-2005, 11:56 AM   #14  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

just a quick fly by, I have a "starving" little man who only likes to chew on his hands now.

Good news is.......the top two front teeth have made it through the skin and you can see the bottoms of them! He also loves to play this little piano that he has. He was seranading us last night while Tommy made dinner and then again when we ate dinner.
Old 04-10-2005, 10:54 PM   #15  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

I hope everyone had a nice week-end. Our weather was perfect and I had a 2 mile walk today. We went to Mom's for lunch and DH did some handyman type things for her and my aunt. Found out that they have a gym at the apt. complex. My aunt wants me to come down and use it with her as she hates to exercise alone. I have to go to the Dr. tomorrow, so might start working out with her on Tues. I figure if I could do that 3 times a week and also keep walking I might see an improvement. I HAVE to do something as I have GAINED weight again.
Closed Thread