Support Groups - Moms Losing Weight .....APRIL........

melmcc99
04-07-2005, 01:07 PM
Welcome all to the thread of wonderful Moms losing weight! Please jump in an introduce yourself. We all know losing weight with little ones running around is hard. Let's help each other out!

melmcc99
04-07-2005, 01:10 PM
Hello everyone. Today is Thursday, I just got back from having a renal and bladder Ultrasound. We'll see how everything goes. Please keep your fingers crossed that I don't have to have a biopsy next month. As many of you know, I have chronic kidney disease ...20 years now...so, the new doctor is evaluating all the areas to see what's going on and what's not. Anyway, I did some exercise 2 days ago and not much since. I'll have to try to get something in today. Hope everyone is having a good one. bbl

Redskirt1
04-07-2005, 01:37 PM
Mel, I'll keep you in my thoughts.

There's really not alot going on with me right now. Still trying to settle in and unpack. But it's just taking forever. bbl.

ChrissyL
04-07-2005, 04:50 PM
Mel! I hope all is well, I'll keep you in my thoughts!

Things are good here, weather is getting nice so I'm outside alot more with my youngest.

Well I will be back a little later, gotta run outside she's pouting to go out

michellejy
04-07-2005, 09:08 PM
Mel, you'll be in my thoughts too. Do you know when you'll get results?

Nothing much going on here. I took my dog to the park yesterday. We walked for about 20 minutes when he decided to just lie down on the path. I said "come on, we are just going a bit further." He just looked at me and refused to get up. I said, "okay, we'll go back to the car then." He jumped right up and turned around to head back to the car :lol:

I've been eating junk food like mad today. I guess I'll just chalk it up as a bad day and start over tomorrow.

ChrissyL
04-08-2005, 10:19 AM
Good Morning! I'm sitting here stuffing my face with 3 special K waffles with spray butter and my own splenda/cinnamon sprinkle with the NEW Tropicana Light OJ OMG I just love it!! Tastes like I'm eating an orange, its really very good. I got on the scale this morning and it said 228.5 I did a double and triple take, then got out my old scale and it said 225 so its right! I'm down 22 lbs now! I just wish I could tell LOL! I told my husband when I get to 220 I'll take another pic with the same clothes as the last time to see if there is a noticable change...then I'll do that every 20 lbs.

Chelle~ Is TOM nearing? I get wild hungry craving about 10 days before its due....go out and buy some Healthy Choice peanut butter cup icecream OMG thats yummy! Gives you the chocolate we crave, little tiny peanut butter cups and its really low fat and only 120 calories per 1/2 cup I make sure that I have enough to have a cup of it a night, so I don't deprive myself of sweets :)

Tabitha~hows things going on your end? I hope all is well.

Mel~I'm still thinking of you!

chrily
04-08-2005, 11:08 AM
Fly by for me....I'll be back later after I get the kiddos to school. TTFN...

I'll have time to post while Nicole is watching Dora the Explorer or taking her bath...

~chris

chrily
04-08-2005, 12:09 PM
Okay, I'm back. I took the girls to school and did my WATP tape. I'm going to do some of my challenge exercises in a bit too. Gotta get this weight off of me. Maybe if I work through this "yucky, bummed out, don't give a cr*p" attitude, I'll get over it faster. I just feel so out of sorts with my weight loss, and my whole life. I don't know where the wrong turn happened or how or when. It just did. I've done exercise for the last 3 days. I NEED to be consistent. I've decided I don't get computer time until I have my exercise for the day. The same principle as for my daughter..you know, NO Xbox until you're bedroom is clean and your homework is done.

Mel-I am SOO WITH YOU! We just need to get over this hump. And please let me know what the doctor says too....

Tabitha & Jeniqua-Hoping the moving and such are going okay.

Jeniqua-Did you have your custody hearing yet? If you need to chat, let me know.

Chelle-How's things in your neck of the woods?

Chrissy-Same goes for you....Are ya staying OP?

Gotta get a load of laundry in now. A mother's work is never done. Later, I get to be the victim of my sister's evil plot....she has elected me to help her clean up their apt. so they "might" get their deposit back. I've helped her unpack at her house this week but she is about the most unenthusiastic person I have seen. Translation: LAZY! (P/S I love her anyhow).

~chris

michellejy
04-08-2005, 12:52 PM
Chrissy - You must be my metabolic twin. I start craving 7-10 days before too, and yesterday was in that range. I love the Edy's frozen yogurt that is caramel praline crunch. I probably should have had that instead of the banana fudge chunk that I chose instead :D

Chris- I thought about you this morning. I did Tai Chi for the first time. It's easier on the joints than Yoga. I don't know that there are any actual exercise benefits aside from feeling more relaxed, but it definitely had that effect. It doesn't involve any bouncing from position to position or holding awkward poses. It's all about smooth fluid movements, and the entire thing is done standing. The DVD I have is Scott Cole's Discover Tai Chi Am & PM Workouts. Anyway, that's my DVD review of the day. :lol:

ChrissyL
04-08-2005, 10:09 PM
OHhhhhhh I love that caramel praline crunch so much! LOL dang icecream hog I am!

OK what does OP mean Chris? I can't answer ya till I know what it is LOL!

chrily
04-09-2005, 11:45 AM
Okay Chrissy, OP means on your program...eating healthy, exercising, etc.
So???? Okay, I'm weird this a.m. We stayed up late and watched Ladder 49. Good movie, but why can't they let the guy live. Always sad endings.

Chelle-So Tai Chai is good? I've thought about getting a dvd for it. I have a book for rheumatoid arthritis and tai chi and yoga are exercises they actually recommend doing. I might have to try it. I'm still on the search for those yoga dvds...the Candlelight yoga and the other one but everytime I bid on them on ebay...I get outbid. Sly little devils :s:

I gotta get ready to get out of the house for the day. We are on the search for the birthday present for the most hard to buy for person in the world...MY DAD! It's his birthday today. I just never know what to get him. He's hard to shop for. If he wants something, he just buys it so that leaves very little to buy when it comes to birthdays. Anyhow, then its over to my sis's house to pick up Kayla. She spent the night. Then to my dad's/stepmom's to deliver the b-day present and then home. Tonight I'm helping my sis work on cleaning their apt again. They bought a house and we gotta get the rest of their stuff out of their apt. and get it ready for the walk through. Maybe, just maybe, they can get their deposit back.

~chris

michellejy
04-09-2005, 12:38 PM
I enjoyed he Tai Chi definitely. I think Yoga left me feeling more relaxed, but I think Tai Chi is easier on the joints since there aren't any weird poses. Know what I mean? I bought Candlelight Yoga on Overstock.com, I think. A lot of times, it ends up being cheaper than buying from eBay by the time you pay for shipping. Also try www.half.com or http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/ Deep discount DVD has it for $8.99 including shipping (which is less than what I paid... hmmmm).

Can you tell I'm getting to be a master at finding cheap prices on all of these things to support my weird workout DVD addiction? :lol:

chrily
04-09-2005, 06:54 PM
Chelle,
I'll have to check those out. I'm so p.o.ed right now. I won a lot of clothes on ebay for my littlest girl and they are nothing like the pictures in the auction...not a single item. I paid $15 plus $20 for shipping...she better have a solution. That's all I have to say.

Well I"m going to piddle around on ebay for a bit and see what else is shaking. TTFN

~chris

michellejy
04-12-2005, 11:06 AM
Any luck on the eBay auctions, Chris?

Where is everyone? I've been on a 3 day nonstop eating binge. It is insane. I think the only thing that is keeping me from ballooning back up to my starting weight is that I am still working out every day.

sharqueen76
04-12-2005, 11:49 AM
Hello everyone! I just wanted to give everyone an update on my end. I found a 4 bedroom apartment!! Rent is based on your income. I have to go look at it next Thursday. It's right next door to my daughter's school so I won't have to pay someone to take her to school for me anymore. I plan to move next weekend so I have time to clean the house I'm moving out of. I have to go to court for my custody hearing tomorrow. My husband has been completely uncooperative. He still has no job and no place to live but yet he wants custody..LOL! He even had the nerve to ask me for money last week. Can you ladies believe it?? Next week is my last week of babysitting. I am still looking for a job. I had an interview at MC Donald's last week. The lady really liked me. I really don't want to work there but I will do whatever it takes to support my family right now. If I don't hear from her by Thursday she wants me to call her. The hours are ideal. I would be working from 8am-2pm. My daughters are in school all day. My son is the only one I would need a sitter for. I'll keep you all posted. Unfortunately, my exercise has been non existant.

Mel~ Hey! I'm thinking of you too. Have you heard anything yet?? Let us know what's going on.

Thank you ladies for thinking of me as I think of you all daily. I miss being here regularly but as soon as I move I know I'll be alot more motivated and less stressed. I'll bbl to chat with you ladies.

Chris~ It would be great to chat with you!!

PS~ I want to know where Michelle, Kristin, Jill and Roxy have been hiding???

Have a blessed day everyone!!

chrily
04-12-2005, 12:57 PM
Hi Chelle,
No luck on ebay the other day. I'm going to keep checking. Its a cheap way to get summer clothes for the girls. I never got a chance to look for any tai chi or yoga dvds either. The natives (my 3 DDs) so I never got to spend much time on there. So...a 3 day eating binge? I'm not doing too bad...except for the cheesecake my stepmom made me for my b-day the other day. That is my BIGGEST weakness. I love cheesecake.

Hi Jeniqua,
I'm glad you found a place. I don't think you have much to worry about as far as custody goes. I didn't know your H lost his job. Was that because of him being sick for so long. That's too bad. I know you don't want to work at MCDONALDS but you gotta do what you gotta do. At least they pay more than minimum wage. I know when my ex and I split up, I was so devastated and didn't think I could survive on my own. It was a real eye-opener for me. I worked, took care of Tiana, and went back to school at night. After I got over the shock part of it all, I felt so much better about me. It always helps to have a good support system. I had my mom and stepdad to help me out some. I lived with them for a yr and my dad bought me a car. I took care of the rest. I can't remember what state you live in, but here in Montana, if you qualify, the state will help pay for child care costs. You could check into that. I hope I'm not being offensive or too intrusive. Sorry if I am. Let me know and keep me posted on how your'e doing. As soon as things settle down some for you, you'll be back on the exercise and right on track again with your weight loss. Take care of yourself and your little kiddos. I'll be waiting for more posts from you.

~chris

Redskirt1
04-12-2005, 11:35 PM
It has been a hectic week. The kids are driving me nuts, my h is driving me nuts (he is in denial about everything), and I feel trapped by finances. But I have not let it get me down. One day at a time. I am getting my exercise in, and refuse to let anything stand in my way any longer.

I will catch up with everyone later, it's been a long day, and I need to go to bed. Take care everyone.

michellejy
04-14-2005, 11:26 AM
Just checking in before we get lost on page 30. :lol:

I'm still eating too much junk food, but since I've kept exercising, the scale isn't showing it yet. Of course, it isn't showing any losses either so I need to get back on track.

ChrissyL
04-14-2005, 03:12 PM
Hello!!!! We have been super busy, we put up a fence over the weekend, and my husband wound up getting sun burned so bad that I think he has sun poisoning...men and their shirts! Why do they always take them off outside when they are working and sweating thier butts off? Oh well he'll know not to do that again! LOL

Chris~ Yes I am staying OP! LOL I just haven't exercised to much lately but Im eating good, so thats 1 step in the right direction. I found a new icecream! (can yall tell I'm addicted to icecream? LOL ) Healthy Choice Cappacino Chocolate Crunch OMG!!! You wanna talk delicious YUM YUM! OK I'll stop now cuz I want some LOL

Tabitha~I miss you! I think about you everyday!

Jen~CONGRATS on the apartment, I am so happy you found something, and at least your taking the incentive to work, alot of people wouldn't I admire you! I had to LOL when you said your hubby wanted money, I woulda told him to kiss my a$$ LOL

Chelly~Your eating but exercising so hopefully the scale just stays still and doesn't go up, I don't think it will though if it hasn't yet. I wouldn't think the scale would show a change next week or the week after for what you ate today. Your doing just fine I know you are!

OK need another bottle of water and my little one wants to go out and play...ttys

chrily
04-15-2005, 01:24 AM
Sorry I'm behind...It's been a busy week. Yesterday my sister called and I went to her house to check on my little niece. She hit her teeth on the bathroom counter and knocked a tooth super loose. And her little brother has been running a fever and rubbing his ear. Well yesterday his eardrum ruptured. OUCH! He's feeling better but my sister is such an introverted wierdo. She has a hard time calling anybody. So I made the appt. at the pediatrician for Kyle and gave her some options for Samantha's tooth.

ANyhow, Yesterday I also had an appt with a dermatologist to find out why my skin is itching and bumpy. Turns out I have a skin condition called keratosis pilaris. Its genetic...(sp. note....ThaNK you MOm). I have some nice cream I get to put on 2 x daily. Hopefully it helps. The bumps are on my back and on my upper arms...

I'm not doing so hot with food but I have been exercising. I did almost 2 miles at the college track tonight. I walked on my sister's treadmill on Tuesday and Monday..I walked. I'm hoping some of this weight will disappear soon. I know, I know...I need to get the eating together.

Gotta check out what else is happening on the 'puter before I go to bed. Check back tomorrow.

~chris

mompen
04-15-2005, 04:17 AM
Just stopping by to say hi

Things are just crazy here... Hope I have time for a good post soon.... I'll have to make time!

Hi out there to Chris, MichelleJ, Chrissy, Tabitha, Jeniqua, Melissa :wave:

michellejy
04-15-2005, 10:21 AM
Hey, all. I haven't exercised in the past 2 days (Wednesday was because of a pulled muscle. Yesterday was because I couldn't just pull myself together!), and the eating has just been asinine. I'm making a serious effort to be on track again today before all of the work I've done so far ends up being for nothing. I want to buy new clothes! Okay, I could probably buy some now, but I want to buy smaller new clothes.

Chrissy- Healthy Choice makes awesome mocha ice cream bars. I can't remember the exact name, but they have the coffee/chocolate taste. I actually don't even like coffee, but for some reason, I love those things. I think ice cream bars help me with portion control too because sometimes that 1/2 cup ends up being a REALLY BIG 1/2 cup (or 2 or 3 or 4...) :lol:

melmcc99
04-17-2005, 09:01 AM
Hello ladies!

Sorry, I haven't beeen here. It's been crazy

Michellej, sorry about the pulled muscle. I know how ya feel. I did something to my knee about 2 months ago ..well maybe a little less, but it is so bad, I can barely do my lunges and squats. I'm really upset about it! I know I'm putting on inches and it's making me NUTS! Hopefully, you feel better soon!

Penny, you crazy girl! slow down!

Chrissy, HEllo girlie, how r ya!?

Jeniqua, where have you been. I hope you are ok!@

mompen
04-17-2005, 05:39 PM
Hi Ladies...

Hope you are all having a great weekend :)

chrily
04-17-2005, 08:58 PM
Just a speedy check in for me. Nicole is down with a fever and vomiting. Oh, the exciting life of a mom. :)

MichelleJ-Sorry about the pulled muscle. I too, have knee problems. And I had a Baker's Cyst behind my knee break open and it leaked fluid into my calf muscles. That hurt. I thought I had a blood clot or something. But it felt like a permanent charlie horse.

Okay...back to being Doctor Mom.

Hello to the rest of you ladies. Hi Mel, Penny, Jeniqua, Tabitha, Chrissy...

~chris

Redskirt1
04-18-2005, 04:07 AM
Hi everyone. Sorry I haven't been around much. I've gotten a good job, and it's about worn me out. Tell you all about it later.

Chrissy, I hope things are going well for you. I've been thinking about you too. Did you get my e-mail the other day?

I'll be back later to get personal, I have to go to bed though, or I will be no good at work tomorrow.

michellejy
04-18-2005, 10:26 AM
I'm down and out with a cold at the moment. Why doesn't my body realize it's spring? I swear, as soon as I get some good intentions, my body thinks I'm starving myself and working it to death and goes in defensive mode. :lol:

On a happy note, I was in Ohio for the weekend and went shopping with my mom for some clothes. I realized that the capris I was wearing could be pulled up to chest level since the waist was so big. So I bought the same brand, same style, but TWO sizes smaller :D I'm not seeing any change on the scale lately, but I can definitely live with losing clothing sizes instead!

chrily
04-19-2005, 12:36 PM
Chelle-Congrats on the changing clothes sizes! Doesn't that just feel great! I'm in-between sizes right now. The 18s are huge but the 16s are a bit snug. And I really hate tight clothes. Makes me self-conscious and uncomfortable. YUCK!

It snowed here last night so things are a big slushy mess today. The clouds are still really dark so I'm assuming (but you know what they say about that) we are going to get some more of the white stuff. Oh well...seems like the norm for Montana anymore. A spring-time snow storm.

Gotta get my butt out the door and get some errands done before I have to get Kayla from school. Some things are just easier if you only have to fight one child instead of 2 or 3.

TTFN

~chris

michellejy
04-19-2005, 07:15 PM
I went from 20W to 16W. Now I'm ready to be out of anything with a W in it. That's my next goal. I guess I need to start working out and eating better for that to happen though, huh? :lol:

My new mattress was delivered today, and I'm so happy. The one we had was my husband's before we lived together, and I always felt like the Princess and the Pea. No matter how I tried to sleep, I couldn't get comfortable, and I swear there were springs poking me. Of course, the mattress we replaced it with is so ridiculously fluffy that our sheets don't fit on it. :D

In other happy news, my daughter was recommended for gifted classes at school. When we first moved here, the teachers worried that she would be behind since she was the youngest in the class (her classmates are all 8 or 9, and she is 7). I'm so proud of her :)

chrily
04-20-2005, 01:25 PM
Chelle, My problem with jeans is that I everything I pick up has these huge hip and thigh areas that I just don't need. Then I look like I'm wearing a sloppy pair of jeans. My other problem is my legs are so dang long. I have to find jeans with at least a 34" in inseam. 35-36" is better but....It is so hard to find jeans that are long enough. My mom and I think there is a conspiracy out there by the jeans manufacterers. They think all heavyset women are petite in heighth...WRONG O! Well at least not in our family. It's very discouraging. That's why it would be so wonderful to be in the normal sizes. Clothing choices are better and trendier and longer.

Okay...off my soapbox. I have to get ready to get my DD from kindergarten. Talk to you all soon.

~chris

melmcc99
04-21-2005, 08:31 AM
Gals, try macys for Style and Co jeans. they have the stretch in them. They also come in Short, Reg, and TAll. So if a 16 is a bit snug, they'll fit in this brand, because it stretches a bit. Give em a try. Chris, I bet you get into a 14 in those....Go for it. Or at least go try em on for the satisfaction of it.... Have fun!

Michellej, WTG on the new size! Very cool.

kclay61
04-21-2005, 09:18 AM
I don't have little ones, per se, but I do have kids and I do want/need to loose weight.

sharqueen76
04-22-2005, 01:35 AM
Hello everyone! This is the big weekend!! I am starting to move on Friday. I won't be around for at least 2 weeks..My DSL has to be set up at my new place. I am looking forward to losing some weight. Right now I weigh 154!!! I can't complain but 120 would be much better. I better go..it's 12:30am!!

chrily
04-22-2005, 01:44 AM
Jeniqua-Girl, I just missed you. Congrats on the new place. We'll be waiting to here more from you. How did the custody hearing go? Thinking of you and knowing you'll do great!!!!

Hi Kim....of course you're welcome to join in the group. I'm Chris. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 girls (Tiana, 11, Kayla, 5, and Nicole 2). Married for 7 yrs now to Darling Hubby, Kelly. I'm 34, live in Montana, and have rheumatoid arthritis. This used to be a very busy thread but everyone has so many things going on, it's not as busy as it used to be. You'll like it though. There is a ton of support from everyone.

Mel...Okay girlfriend! I'm in the armpit of America. We don't have a Macy's here. :D The closest I have is Dillard's. Do you have one of those? If you do, have you ever bought jeans from there? I am getting desperate for something...anything...that fits. Maybe I'll have to send you some money sometime and you can do me some shopping.... :D How's the bathroom turning out? I'm looking at mine and getting more disgusted with it by the day...or was that by the hour? Hummmm...

Well It's WAAAAYYYY past my bedtime. Gotta go. See you in the morning ladies.
~chris

michellejy
04-22-2005, 10:03 AM
Isn't Dillards the same as Macys? Or is that Lazarus? I get confused by these giant chains that call themselves something different depending on what city they are in.

My problem is always with the pants that don't have hips or a but. I'm big, but I still have a waist. It's not all straight down from there. I end up finding pants with a waist that hangs off of me and hips that are squeezing the life out of me. LOL

Jeniqua- good luck with the apartment. We are rooting for you!

Welcome, Kim. I'm Michelle (or Chelle or michellej since there is another Michelle in these threads). I'm a SAHM to 1 girl, Sage (age 7 going on 17). I got married at the end of last year to a lovely British man, and moved to PA.

chrily
04-23-2005, 01:15 AM
Hey Chelle,
I got some of those little girl types too in my house. They all act like teenagers and have the attitudes to match. I get all this head bobbin, hip shaking, finger wagging "tude" when they are in a mood.... :D Love them to death but by the time they become teenagers, they'll have me driven crazy.

I'm like the opposite of you..if I find something that fits around the waist, the rest of the pants look like those balloony things that MC Hammer used to wear. Kind of reminds me of an upside down bowling pin affect on me. And dang it...I wanna wear all the 'cute' trendy tops that all these younger people are wearing. I'm old (34- ;) ) but I don't like to dress like a matronly type. I want my jeans, tees, and tennis shoes.

Gotta play on uproar.com for a bit and then get to bed. My legs are killing me from playing DDR with my sisters' today and my wrist is all flared up from my Rheumatoid Arthritis...so it's going to be an off night trying to get comfortable.
~chris

sharqueen76
04-23-2005, 03:17 AM
Chris, the hearing went well. The judge gave me a temporary order of physical custody. He let my husband choose when he wants to see the kids. He chose to see them every other weekend and during the week when he can. He just got a job soo now it's time to nail him for child support!! The judge and the law gaurdian are for me. I am fighting for sole custody. He still asks me for money and he has a girlfriend. It doesn't phase me at all. I don't want him back at all. He has the kids this weekend. Did I tell you I got a job??? I start on Monday at the nursing home. I'm really looking forward to it.

Well it's 2:16am, I better get myself to bed.I will be back ready to lose this weight in 2 weeks. Nite ladies!!

Redskirt1
04-23-2005, 08:52 AM
Jeniqua, I am glad to hear that you are finally moving. You are in my thoughts.

I have been working at a t-shirt printing company and it is brutal. On my feet for 8 to 14 hours a day, five days a week. My first full paycheck will have more than ten hours of overtime on it! And that's just the beginning. The summer is their busiest time, and there will 80 to 90 hour weeks!

Oh well, I gotta go now, bbl.

michellejy
04-23-2005, 11:27 AM
Chris- I want the cute trendy tops too, but I think I'm going to have to lose about 30 more pounds before that becomes realistic. Of course, I also have an over-sized chest so anything cute and strappy is never an option :( Oh well, at least the chest balances out the rest of me when I'm over-sized. :lol:

Jeniqua- I'm so glad things are looking up for you. My mom worked in a nursing home for a while after graduating from college as an RN, and she really enjoyed it. The thing I remember about my first marriage is that I was never really happily married, but I was definitely happily divorced :D You should see if you and some friends can get together for a divorce party.

Tabitha- the job thing sounds crazy, but I'm happy you found something. Good luck to you!

chrily
04-23-2005, 12:25 PM
Jeniqua-A job at the nursing home...that's great! A gal I used to work with started as a CNA at one of the nursing homes around here. She made really good money and worked her way up and went to school and is now a nurse at the hospital. When I got divorced, my ex had no problem with the custody issue (because he already had a girl living with him the day after I was "asked" to move out). Child support, on the other hand, was hard to get. I finally went through the courts to have them pull it out of his check. Must have been a problem for alot of people because now its a Montana law. The payee doesn't get a choice. They garnish out of their paychecks. Of course, my ex was in jail for a couple years so he got way behind ($10,000). He's paid most of it now. He's still behind by $3500 but its getting closer. He's been a good boy so far and has stayed out of trouble for the last couple years and has kept a job with the carpenter's union so that's good.

Michelle-I was a happily divorced person too. I got more of my self-respect back and I felt better about myself. That's the best feeling. I had one of those skirt-chasing, alcoholic flirts to contend with in my first marriage. Doesn't make for a happy marriage at all. He had more than one affair while married to me...so I've heard. He married one gal he met when he was working out of state. They got married 2 weeks after the divorce papers were signed. That didn't last for him either. He's on his third one.... :lol:

I'm kind of top heavy too right now but my dh is complaining that they are disappearing. Poor guy! :D I wish my waist and butt would shrink like my bust. THAT would make my day!

Tabitha-You workaholic girl! I bet it feels good to finally have a good job since you've been looking so long. How's the kids handle having a working mom now? Good job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay...i've procrastinated long enough. Time to get in the shower, get the house cleaned and start the day. I was up til 11:30 last night with Nicole. And had a hard time staying asleep with my stupid wrist. When the RA attacks it...I lose my circulation to my hand and then it shoots this excruciating pain all the way up my arm. Impossible to sleep unless I sit up and hang my arm over the arm of a chair. Sooo...sleep was a minimum last night. I'll have to force myself to wake up and function. Talk to you later

~chris

Redskirt1
04-24-2005, 05:41 AM
Ugh....i thought my legs were going to fall off Thursday by the time I got home. But I was able to get to bed and asleep by ten that night, and got in 7 hours before i had to get up for work. That helped ALOT~going in at six Monday too, no telling when i'll get off work, but the overtime will be great, AND i'll be able to take care of that matter that i told you all about. Anyway, gotta go to bed. Take care ladies.

melmcc99
04-24-2005, 10:11 AM
Tabitha, I'm so glad you found a job that has all the OT and all. That's great. You will be able to pay that ..you know what... Get some rest girlie.

Chris, see if this dillards carries, "style and co" Um, or Macys.com. I'd order both a 14 and a 16 long. If you are still at 194 I bet the 14 will fit you in long. they have that strectch in them. Scratch that...online doesn't have them...grrr. I will look and see if I can find a cataloge to send you. I don't have any here, but maybe at the store next time.

JEniqua, glad you are getting settled. How are the kids handling everything? Prayers to you and hugs to girlie.

Michellej, what's going on girl. Are you still working out with those videos. Where;s Chrissyl? Ok, I have to go, I've been super busy.

HEY PENny, still thinking of you girlie.

kclay61
04-24-2005, 02:41 PM
Good afternoon everyone - it's Sunday - it's supposed to be a day of rest, but, alas, it's my buisiest day - i have to wash and get everyone ready for Monday - i do grocery shopping - and usually house cleaning *sigh* I need to get off my butt and get busy, but can't seem to get motivated - Tomorrow is my weigh-in day, I'm looking forward to it AND am dreading it, at the same time.

Hope everyone has a great, relaxing, Sunday

chrily
04-25-2005, 12:27 AM
Kim, Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow. I was supposed to weigh in today but didn't...I'm playing hookie! :D

TTFN and see ya all tomorrow
~chris

kclay61
04-25-2005, 12:56 AM
OOOOOO I'm tellin' LOL

Thanks! I will post what I did, whether it be a loss or a *gulp* gain

Redskirt1
04-25-2005, 01:34 AM
This job, the working conditions are hot, and I have been drinking a TON of water, sweating my butt off, and I'm happy to report that I am back to 238~Out of necessity, I've cut back on my soda intake,because working in the heat, I needed water, badly, and the soda was making me sick to my stomach....that and I'm so hot and tired I don't feel like eating near as often, so that's an added bonus. I sat down to eat a "real" meal instead of something at work that was fast. And I got filled up with half the portion I normally do. I think this job is going to be good for my weightloss! WooHoo!

kclay61
04-25-2005, 01:51 AM
What kind of job do you have? I used to work in the HS lunchroom, which was HOT during a few months, and drinking water was a routine for all of us. Every so often we would get a diet soda, but for the most part it was water.

Good luck and ^5

michellejy
04-25-2005, 10:18 AM
Tabitha- Hey, whatever works, right? :lol:

Kim- I'm about the worst for procrastinating- anything that should be done now can always be done later when there is only about 5 minutes to run all of the errands before the kid gets home from school. :D

Chris- Fortunately, my ex and I get along these days. We actually never really stopped. We just lived life like roommates- opposite schedules and separate lives. I'd told him I wanted a divorce for a while, but his reasoning not to was honestly "it's just not convenient." :dizzy: He finally changed his tune when he started dating someone else and agreed to get a divorce. Sometimes I think "rational man" is an oxymoron. ;)

Mel- I spent most of last week being a bum with this stupid cold that I can't shake. I did finally get around to working out on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday though. I'm still on the bellydancing kick, but I threw in Carmen Electra's strip aerobics last night. At least my husband never complains about the workout DVDs I buy :lol:

chrily
04-25-2005, 08:15 PM
Okay Kim...How did the weigh in go? Inquiring minds want to know.

Tabi-Good job on being at 238. I have those days where I drink a ton of water...lately I haven't drank nearly enough.

Chelle-I try to get along with my ex for the sake of Tiana but sometimes, it's very hard. My main complaint with him is that he doesn't seem overly interested in things going on with Tiana. Can't change that. He'll have to make a conscious effort himself.

Mel-If you could find me a catalog for those jeans, that would be great.

Okay...Hello to the rest of you. I'm going to play on uproar.com for a bit before Kelly gets home.

~chris

michellejy
04-29-2005, 08:15 PM
I was afraid we were going to end up somewhere on page 30 of the posts at this rate.

I'm doing pretty badly lately- not eating what I should and not exercising as often as I used to. I really need to get back on track. I want to look decent when I see my in-laws again in August, even if I can't look great.

chrily
04-30-2005, 05:42 PM
Hi Chelle,
Not much going on here either. My eating sucks. Exercise might be a bit better but nothing outstanding there either. I walk around the school's track 2 times a week while Kayla does her swim lessons. Other than that...non-existent. I don't know what's wrong with me. I desperately want to look better and feel better and be a skinny minnie but I just don't have the drive right now. And I really don't know what its' going to take to get it back.

Today is just a hanging around the house kind of day. I got almost all the housework done so that I don't have to do all that tomorrow. There is so much going on, running around, things to do...there's just no time to relax or get any "me" time in.

Well, I'm going to finish my laundry. ANd see if I can find something to do that's fun. TTFN,
Chris

need2losemore
04-30-2005, 08:24 PM
Hi, all. Did any of you miss me? It's been crazy here with all my school stuff, and my son's school stuff, and we bought a house, so doing that too. I miss everyone. I need to get my butt back on here for support. Hi to all of you. Several newbies since I was last here. Have a great weekend.

kclay61
04-30-2005, 08:57 PM
I have NO idea where my brain is - I never posted, last Monday, about my WI did I? And here it is almost another Monday - I lost 1lb last week - I'm hoping this week will be a bigger loss. I think TOM and stress is what made me loose just 1lb - I know, a loss is a loss, but it was kind of disheartning, for me.

Today has been my normal Sunday - DH hasn't been home since Friday morning - he is a Haz-Mat director and there was a truck to go off the mountain and it was full of fuel, literally, it was a fuel tanker, so DH had to go help with the clean-up. Now he's on his way to deliver a couple of "boxes" that were supposed to have been delivered yesterday.

Any-who, I've been cleaning and doing laundry today - that way, when DH gets home, we can spend some time together before he heads out the door again Monday morning.

~workit~
05-01-2005, 03:19 PM
Hello All, I'm trying to find the right support group for me. This my be it!! I'm a SAHM (and this is one of my problems I'm never home- why do they call it Stay at home who does?) to 3 children DS 6, DD 4 and DS 2. I have a great DH for 7 yeras now. We have both been working on getting in shape. Alot easier for him. He says I'm going to loss so weight and by the end of the week he has dropped 6 pounds and never changing any food habits just going the the Y a couple of times me. Its been 3 weeks and lost 3 pounds :devil: . I feel like all I do id run here is what my week looks like is this normal or can I really not say no!! :crazy:
Mw- 8:30-10 YMCA :tread:
11:45-12:15 speech for DD
2:00 pick up oldest
every other MWF watch another 2 year old.
TR 8:30 drop off DD at preschool
11:30 pick up
11:45-1:45 playdates
2:00 pick up oldest
F 8:30-10 YMCA
11-1:45 playdate
then with the normal cleaning, homework, cooking and all.

My youngest is still nursing so that takes up some time.
I'm going to try and get into the doc this week to see if I have any medical problems of way I'm having a hard tome lossing. My DH has he can tell that I have lost some. We can do things that we had a hard time doing now that we have kids. :o
I did curves a little over a year ago and went 4 times a week and was doing WW and gained weight that right gained. not muscle but fat :mad:
So now its been the YMCA which I love going never thought I would say that but I am enjoying MY time doing something for me. :cheer: for me have not done that really in 6 years. But I really think that is hard for most Mom's.
Well I will stop :blah: and go for now. Thanks for reading!!
:df:

chrily
05-02-2005, 10:42 AM
Workit-Welcome! This is just a fast post to let you know that I read your post. I have to go to work like ....NOW! Oh my gosh. I'll get back here later and properly introduce myself. I'm generally a stay at home mom but I work 2 days a week for my dad. See you in a bit....

~chris

kclay61
05-02-2005, 04:49 PM
Monday weigh in, for me, showed a 3.5lb loss - I'm so happy - I knew that TOM had something to do with my low weight loss last week :D

chrily
05-02-2005, 10:57 PM
Great weigh in Kim! I myself, am scared to check the scale. I am so far off program.

Okay..Hello Workit! I'm back. I'm Chris. 34 yrs old. Mother of 3 girls: Tiana, 11 yrs, Kayla 6 yrs, and Nicole 2 1/2. I have rheumatoid arthritis (for 6 yrs now). I live in Montana. Am married to Kelly. We have our own appliance repair service business now. I work part-time for my dad but am basically a stay at home mom. I did WW in the past and did SB for awhile but I just can't get into the groove right now. Don't know what my problem is. I"m not eating good and I'm not exercising as much as I should be. Hopefully I'll get over this hump and back on track. Nice of you to join us.

Okay gals...where are the rest of you? No fair hiding. Jeniqua, Tabitha, Mel, Chrissy, MichelleJ...(((HHHEEELLLLOOOO)).

BTW Ricci-How are you doing girl? So you got into your new house. That's great. When things slow down, we expect a longggg post from you.

I gotta go find my children. TTFN
~chris

kclay61
05-03-2005, 12:23 AM
Who is/was this Redskirt girl? I see one post from her and then she is no more. Does she have another nick? Just wondering.

Hope everyone has a great night and an even better Tuesday.

chrily
05-03-2005, 11:47 AM
Redskirt is Tabitha. She doesn't get to post much anymore because she took on a full-time job. I think she is splitting up with her husband. But last I heard, she was working 80 hours a week or so.

So Kim, How's the day going? I'm home with my DD and my sick husband. He's at the doctor right now. His glands are swollen in his neck and now its really stiff, and his throat is almost swollen shut. Fun stuff.... So today I'm going to be Mom/Wife/CleaningLady/Errand runner/Nurse. Now if I could just get paid for it. :lol:

I did get some exercise in yesterday. I took DD#2 (Kayla) for a bike ride. Tonight is going to be walking around the track while she has her swim lessons. I've started the morning off okay though. A bowl of whole grain cereal and 1% milk. I have to take control of this weight problem of mine or I'll never get it off me.

Talk to you soon.
~chris

Morning Workit, Chelle, and you other lurkers....

need2losemore
05-03-2005, 12:57 PM
Morning,chris. Sounds like you will be a busy lady today. We haven't got into the house yet, but hopefully we will close in a couple of weeks. I can't wait. It looks like everyone has been doing good with their workouts and weight loss. I have been keeping up on my workouts, and my weight has stalled, but thats a good thing. I have my 10 year high school reunion in a few weeks. It doesn't seem like its been 10 years. Today is my anniversary. Been married for 8 years. Anyway, I have to go and get some stuff done around here. Have a great day everyone.

michellejy
05-03-2005, 02:30 PM
Things have been nuts in my little world, but I haven't dropped off the face of the earth. My eating is totally out of control lately, but so far it isn't showing on the scale. Well, I guess it is in that I haven't lost anything in a while. I desperately need a kick in the behind. I've had a bunch of custom jewelry orders lately, and yesterday my daughter was home with the flu. She woke up and her tongue was black! It turns out that the one Pepto Bismol tablet I gave her did that. The doctor said it doesn't usually happen from one dose, but when I called and asked about her black tongue, the first thing he asked was "did you give her Pepto Bismol?" Creepy, huh?

I better scoot off and do some housework now.

kclay61
05-03-2005, 04:40 PM
Chris - things here are, well, alright I guess - one of my adult son's is up to his old tricks, which is NOT a good thing, especially with a baby on the way *sigh* - Right this second one of my girls is throwing things around the livingroom trying to find her study guide for some test she is having tomorrow

I have got to change my sleeping habits - I don't go to bed until 3 sometimes 4am - then I get up at 7, take the girls to school, stay up until 9 then go back to bed until 1pm - then I go get the girls from school and start my day - it's really not a good habit - but I've been like this for years - and summer is almost upon us so I know it won't change now - *le sigh*

chrily
05-03-2005, 05:07 PM
kim,
my daughter already got "the throwing things around the livingroom" out of the way. She unfolded all my clean clothes. At least that's all she's done today. Right now Nicole and Kayla are upstairs watching Shrek. I'm playing on the computer and taking a much needed (or much wanted) break. I just wish I could take a nap. I'm exhausted. I was up alot last night, trying to sleep because my back and hips were hurting. That kept me from sleeping very much.

chelle-too weird about the black tongue. I have never heard of that before. I was trying to think of what is all in the pepto that would do that. Bet that freaked you out alot.

Ricci-did you buy an existing home or did you have one built? We've been in ours for 2 yrs now and still have so much to do and fix. We did get new carpet in the family room and on the stairs, painted the kitchen, family room, and livingroom. Also got a new dishwasher and DH built a sewing room for me and redid the playroom so we could have an office for his business he started.

Well ladies...I gotta get back to the business of cleaning. That's all I do anymore, I swear. Wish there was more to life.

~chris

kclay61
05-03-2005, 06:19 PM
Chris - I know what you mean about cleaning all the time, or atleast that's what it feels like - especially laundry :(

chrily
05-04-2005, 01:28 AM
Kim, Laundry-the bane of the housewive. That-and dishes! The rest I don't have a problem with. Okay...maybe toilets too. :D

See you in the morning....

chris

michellejy
05-04-2005, 10:13 AM
I finally got eating and exercise on track yesterday. It was the first time in weeks, unfortunately. It felt so good to get back to how I should be that I am going to make a serious effort to stop being a slacker like I have been lately.

chrily
05-04-2005, 09:03 PM
Great job, Michelle! I'm working on getting back on track. Taking those little baby steps. I'll get there. Gotta go take DD#1 to dance lessons.

TTFN,

chris

Redskirt1
05-05-2005, 09:00 PM
I have news! Weighed in today! 230! I've lost another 8 pounds! Woo Hoo!

ChrissyL
05-05-2005, 10:07 PM
HEY!!! Ladies I have missed yall! I have been keeping busy with the kids and all..we made it all winter without puking or the flu and friday night Tori (the youngest) woke up puking...well the Tuesday the oldest had it, then wed my son and husband got it, and my husband has it the worst, still barfing as of tonight...LORD HELP ME STAY WELL!! So he lost 2 days of work this week, no sick days either :(

I finally broke the 30 lbs!! I'm so excited! I took another pic the other day I"ll have to post it for yall, I wore the same clothes as the last time.
Tabitha!! Girlie I have your email, but just haven't had much time to sit and write, I'll get back to you over the weekend, I miss talking to you!

chrily
05-05-2005, 11:37 PM
Great Job Tabitha and Chrissy. I haven't weighed myself lately. Kind of scared to. You two are doing awesome.

Chrissy-Same boat as you here. DH was off Tues, Wed, and he came home early today. He has strep really bad and the antibiotics aren't helping. He's still running a fever and his throat is so swollen and red and full of pustules...It's scary. He can't really swallow. Poor guy. If he's still down tomorrow, he's going back to the doctor.

GOtta go...CSI is on and then ER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~chris

michellejy
05-06-2005, 09:44 AM
Great job Tabitha and Chrissy. You are doing so great at sticking with your plan. Can you come over and give me a kick in the rear so I can be like both of you? :lol:

Sorry to hear about the sick families. My mom is a nurse and said this is the worst year she has ever seen for recurring illnesses, serious illnesses, and illnesses that just won't go away. My daughter has been sick so many times this year, and up until this year she had never even needed antibiotics. It's insane.

michellejy
05-12-2005, 10:10 AM
anybody home?

kclay61
05-12-2005, 07:34 PM
I just popped in - have new g'baby in the house, WooHoo! So I've been busy going back and forth to the hospital

michellejy
05-13-2005, 11:11 AM
Congratulations, Kim :D

I'm annoyed with myself these days- not exercising and not even pretending to eat right anymore. So I'm through with being a slacker. Okay, so the scale didn't move, that's no reason to go back to my old ways because it's going to move back UP! I already did some hip shaking today (to a CD rather than a video to make sure I was working more instead of the starting and stopping with instruction). Now I just need to eat right for the rest of the day. I can do this.

chrily
05-13-2005, 01:00 PM
Kim-Congrats on the Grandbaby!

Chelle-I'm here! I'm here!

Since you two are the ones who seem to be hanging around, I'm just going to post to you both. I've been gone for a bit. Dh was sick last week with strep and mono. I had to take him to the ER on Friday because of it. He got dehydrated and had to have IV fluids for a few hours. Then my littlest, Nicole came down with a respiratory bug on Monday night so Tuesday it was sitting with her all day long and doing albuterol treatments until her breathing was more normal. She's still sick but not too bad. Then her little bug hit me and it hit DH. Hey where does all this stuff come from? It's supposed to be a good time of year.
Well this week we got dumped on with a bunch of rain and snow (wierd for May...almost June). There has been a ton of flooding all over the place and some roads have been damaged in the surrounding towns but we really really needed it. We've been having severe drought conditions for the last fews years and a ton of forest and wildfires. Hope this helps.
Sunday is DD#2's birthday (Kayla). She''ll be six yrs. old. My babies are all growing up.
I've been trying with my eating this week. Some days aren't so good but some are. I did great yesterday until the afternoon then I started getting the shakes because I didn't take a snack to work with me. So when I got home I was on a binge. Not good! I did get 1 1/2 miles in on the track last night. Hopefully that makes up for it.... a little. :p
Nicole wants to watch veggie tales and I need to finish cleaning so I'll catch up with you ladies later. TTFN.
~chris

michellejy
05-14-2005, 09:35 PM
Chris- The cycle of sick people in your house never ends, does it? I hope you get a break from it all soon.

I started working out today, but then my daughter became fascinated with my zills (finger cymbals) and managed to get super glue on herself. My husband for whatever reason needed to ask me about 50 questions about important subjects like (can I throw away the empty metal hangers in the garage that haven't been used in over a year? :lol: ). Anyway, I finally gave up and just turned everything off, but I'm going to try to get back to it tonight after the kiddo is in bed. Other than that, I'm eating better for the second day. I think I did have a snack yesterday, but it was a snack rather than the 3,4,or 5 I seemed to be having lately.

chrily
05-15-2005, 11:43 AM
Chelle, don't ya hate that. That's the way it is around here. When I get my mind set on doing a workout...the family needs ninety million things that they usually get on their own anyhow. I get the "I'm thirsty"..."i'm hungry"..."I want to hold you"...(that's from my 2 yr old...not DH :lol: ) It's a pain in the butt. As far as the cold goes, I'm doing okay. This morning I have my voice back. Major improvement over yesterday, but I bet the kids liked it when I couldn't talk. My head is all stuffed up now. I have never had a cold that started in my chest and worked its way up. I usually do the opposite.

Oh well...today is Kayla's birthday and we're having the party at the park. That way I don't have a birthday disaster to clean up in my house. :D I'll be sporting a real whopper of a headache afterwards I bet. I better get shaking. I have 40 plus cupcakes to frost. I got everything else done last night...YEEEHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~chris

michellejy
05-16-2005, 03:39 PM
FORTY cupcakes? Holy cow!

I've had a stomach ache for two days, and it's making me nuts. This year has been awful. I don't know if I have been fully healthy yet.

melmcc99
05-17-2005, 01:52 PM
Hey girls a quick note from me. Sorry, I've been so mia, I'm ashamed to say that I am checking in at 205lbs....It's very sad. I have to kick some butt. Monday is the ultimate goal. Abigails' bday party will be over than and It will settle down a bit around here. I hope you are all doing well.

I'll start a new thread! Moms Losing weight MAY.