General Diet Plans and Questions - Phentermine

View Full Version : Phentermine

05-23-2001, 05:59 PM
Any Phentermine users? I will be starting soon!!

05-24-2001, 08:54 AM
It's an appetite suppressant. I should be getting it in two days. I will make an update on this once I start. I am really excited about what I have read on it so far. It sounds like you can loose 4 to 5 pounds a week. I will be walking 1 to 2 miles each day when I start on it. I here it give you energy to. Well I guess this will be my personal diary.

05-25-2001, 07:38 PM
Okay, It is Friday and I found out because of the holiday weekend. I must wait til Tuesday. I am counting down the days before I start.

sunshine
05-28-2001, 06:39 AM
I've used Phentermine and it definetely suppresses your appetite and gives you energy (like caffeine) but it didn't help me lose much weight. Good luck though and I hope you have success with it.

05-30-2001, 10:35 AM
Day 1 on Adipex. I am excited. I feel good and I am not hungry and it is 10:34 a.m. I have a pear sitting here on my desk that I will eat at noon. I think I will go vegetarian with this. I will keep everyone poste.

05-30-2001, 07:48 PM
Well it is 7:45 p.m. on the first day. About that pear I only took a bite out of it and ended up throwing it away. I had NO appetite!!! This is sooo great! I have drank about 13 glasses of water and still have no appetite. I can't eat anything, maybe I will drink a glass of apple or grape juice before going to sleep tonight. I walked 1.5 miles at lunchtime today and felt great. Well here is hoping I will see a pound or two weight loss tomorrow. I will definitely post it.

05-31-2001, 09:16 AM
Well, this is DAY TWO:

I don't have any appetite at all. My mouth stays dry (which I like because it makes me drink plenty of water). I drank about 15 glasses of water yesterday, no exaggeration and I only had fruit. I walked 1.5 miles with a coworker yesterday and felt great when I got home last night. I didn't have the jittery feeling or irritability that alot of products give you. The dry mouth is the only thing I have felt so far. I probably slept about 5 hours last night and I woke up at 4:31 a.m. I felt good, I went downstairs and did some stretching and deep knee bends.

I think I am going to stick to fruits and vegetables (and a vitamin) since I have no appetite. I am looking at food differently.

I lost 2 lbs. on the scale this morning (all that water), but I will take it!!

Spoiled1
06-01-2001, 02:06 AM
I have been searching for someone who has used Phentermine on this site and finally here you are. I have a good friend who has been using it for a year with wonderful results. She also gets the vita-B12 injection w/ hers. She went from 280 to 190 so far and she only had those same symptoms (dry mouth). I am so proud of her. She really feels good about herself. I am really trying to follow in her foot steps.

She went to a clinic and only pays 30 bucks for the prescrip. every month.

My doctor is not willing to prescribe Phentermine to me and will give me the shot (vita B-12) with no problem and no results. I'm finding that alot of doctor's are reluctant to prescribe it as well. Are you under a doctor's care? I don't have any health problems and I am 100pds. overweight. Which i believe the benefits of using it and losing the weight is better than just waiting until this weight gives me a health problem. I have found it available over the net but i would really like to have it prescribed by my doctor or a doctor since mines is unwilling. Most clinics here are so ridiculous with their prices(170-200 bucks 1stvisit and 40 each week after) though that i wouldn't even dare go to them. They are getting rich of our weight problems and I am trying not to make them richer. I am curious as to how you progress and thanks for posting your success. Keep up the good work. Hopefully I'll be on the plan very soon under a doctor's direction. I have tried everything else and this seems to have worked for a number of people that i know and have heard of so far.

06-01-2001, 08:42 AM
Hi Spoiled1,

I bought mine over the internet, but I had a physical done to make sure I don't have any health problems first.

This is DAY 3:

I am down 4 lbs (186). I am very excited with the results I am getting.

What I like about this most is that I am learning to eat healthier while I am going through this process. Yesterday I just took one pill in the morning and half in the afternoon. That was all I needed. I am going by how I feel in taking the pills.

I am eating more cereals, grains and fruits, salads and enjoying the taste of them, when before I would eat sausage and eggs.

I must say another change that I notice is I don't need as much sleep. I go to bed about 2 hours later than usual and wake up 1 hour earlier. I sleep about 5 hours and I'm sure that will change once I am off this.

What are the B-12 injections for? I am curious.

Please keep in touch with me and let me know what you decide to do.

Flash report - I just weighed myself tonight on the same scale. 8 lb. loss

Spoiled1
06-04-2001, 09:18 PM
First of all I must say CONGRATULATIONS. :smug: I am so happy for you. Keep up the good work. As soon as I finish sending this message I'm definitely ordering my prescript. Also I did get your note. Thank you. I was so excited to hear that. Now I don't feel so alone in cyberspace.:dizzy:
OK to answer your question re the b-12 injections. B-12 injections are used to assist you in your weight loss. Kinda like the gas in the car. It revs up your metabolism and it makes your skin so beautiful to. Girl my skin was so pretty. I don't even have bad skin but my face was so noticeably pretty. I was actually glowing and my hair and nails were so healthy looking as well. That was one of the first things I noticed when I got the shot. Although it didn't do a thing for my weight loss because I seemed to have a bigger appeptite than before. I believe with the phentermine it works very well. In fact during my next appt. I think I'll get an injection since I am going to get those pills.
You can also get it in pill form but the injections are more potent. I mean the next day I felt like I could run around FedEx field 2X's and actually live to tell the story. :lol:
Keep up the great work and keep me posted. Bye for now.

Tammy B
06-05-2001, 08:58 AM
I used phentermine with much success back in 96. I am not able to find a doctor who will prescribe it. I am SO EXCITED I can get it on the internet. I went searching and came across several companies. Would you mind telling me which one you used and the cost? PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you would like to email me directly it is bunktam@aol.com

Thank you so much!

Tammy B

Tammy B
06-06-2001, 09:33 AM
I have my pills on the way! I am looking for a daily support system. Is anyone interested?

Thanks,
tammy

06-06-2001, 09:46 AM
Count me in!!!

06-08-2001, 07:26 AM
Tammi B,

How is it going? What is your story????

I am still at my 10 lb. loss. I ate some serious chocolate cake with chocolate icing and M&Ms on top for my daughter's birthday and I had a slice of pizza before that.

But, the good news is I did not gain a pound and I am back on the trail today. I am going on my second week now so I am hoping for a 5 lb. loss by this Wednesday. I am excited and staying focused. I am fast walking every other day with a coworker during my lunch hour.

Keep me posted on your progress!!

Kathy

Tammy B
06-08-2001, 12:23 PM
Well, I got my pills yesterday! Today is my first day back on them. SO far so good. We had a big breakfast function at work and I did very well! :0) I am taking it one meal at a time! My goal is to totally re-train myself what to eat and what not to eat. Not making anything taboo, that does not work for me, but mainly the amount I eat.

I will update you on my weigh-ins. Good luck on your 5 lbs. and happy birthday to your daughter!

Happy FRIDAY!

06-08-2001, 12:35 PM
Tammi B,

Thanks for the Happy Birthday to my daughter, that is so sweet. You sound like you are ready to roll. Well if you get a chance go under the Diet Plans section and log in to my Challenge for the Weekend section. I am trying to motivate people to lose over the weekend instead of gain.

Have a Happy Friday also and check in if you can over the weekend!! Good Luck.

06-11-2001, 08:03 PM
Tammy B,

How are you doing? You know I want to know. I am 11 lbs. in 12 days and you.....

Spoiled1,

What's going on you know I want to know how you are doing?

pabs
06-11-2001, 09:00 PM
I am at my wits end! I weigh just over 300 lbs. and I hate it!!! No matter how hard I try, I cannot stop eating. I need some pill assistance and you girls sound like you have found something that has helped you. Where can I order those pills and how much does it cost?????

pabs

Tammy B
06-12-2001, 12:22 PM
Kathy, I started taking these pills under a doctors supervision in April. I lost 18 pounds in about 5 weeks. Then they would not give me another prescription (long story-said I only lost 1 pound in a week and not 2, but hello! Your body can only do so much, you know?). So, that is when I saw your post about ordering them online. I did not even know it was possible. I have been on them now for 5 days and i am down about 2 pounds. These are a lower dosage than what the walk-in clinic was prescribing. I find they are not as effective, but they do help. Plus it makes me make an effort to learn how to eat and how not to eat, you know?

Pabs- my heart goes out to you. Have you been to a doctor? I was on these pills in 96 and had much success, but my doctor really watched me on them. You have to have low blood pressure to start with. I would not do anything without a physical first. There is a risk. They are basically speed.

I realize these are not "magic pills" but I was also at my wits end.

Hang in there and take care.

Tammy
241/219/150

lakelog
06-12-2001, 02:21 PM
Congratulations on the loss Tammy and you also Kathy. Pabs, I sent you a private email. Maybe you can use some of the information. How much weight are you needing to lose girls?

hubbystrophy
06-13-2001, 03:52 PM
Can someone e-mail me, please, and give me info on this? I would like to find out where I can get some Adipex. Thanks. luvs2hunt@earthlink.net

barbaradr
06-13-2001, 09:55 PM
Hello Everyone! I was on these is 99 and lost 30lbs in about 3 months. Now I have gained it all back, but started back on them last month, and lost 7 lbs last month. The weight came back from the first success because of stresses, and not working on it, but I have a different mindset this time! I think I am on a weeker dose this time, but they do work! Good luck to all!!

06-14-2001, 09:18 AM
Well, my new update is 12 lbs. loss in 14 days. A better eating pattern and I am walking 2 miles 3 to 4 times a week. I haven't gone to the gym yet, but I am slowly trying to push myself into it.

barbaradr: It is all a mind thing. Staying focused and becoming disciplined is the real key.

hubbystrophy: I hope you got my email. Keep in touch and let me know how you are doing.

Pabs, Tammi B and Spoiled1: How is it going? Are you all doing okay, inquiring minds want to know!!!

Kathy

Spoiled1
06-14-2001, 09:20 PM
Hello Everyone keep on sharing it really helps alot.

7077- Congrats are in order!!! I am so appreciative that you asked about me and I am doing fine. And to answer what you really wanted the answer to is about my weightloss. Well, I must admit that I am so chicken. I have heard some bad things about the pills and I have become a little concerned about them being the best thing for ME. I must say though with success stories like yours that I am really impressed. It's like one of those , let me see what happens to you then I"ll jump kind off things with me.

Although I have been walking more and drinking my slimfast I do need some serious help to get this fat of a my back. :^:

Frankly I don't believe that pill has been invented yet but you all are making a believer out of me.

Oh Yeah, Has anyone ever experienced depression after using these pills? Just curious.

I pray the rest of you have much success and I'll check in again soon to see your updates.

To be continued....

Tammy B
06-15-2001, 09:10 AM
Hello to all! This thread is getting lots of attention!

I am doing well. I was trying to figure out how much I am down since I started taking the pills that were mailed to me. Let's see... 9 days and down 5. I will take it!

I hope everyone enjoys their day! I am going to my Mom/Dad's house this weekend. I am going to try really hard to eat healthy and exercise! Traveling is hard.

Tammy

hubbystrophy
06-16-2001, 10:09 AM
Kathy, yes I got your e-mail. Thanks! I won't be ordering Adipex from the online site, too expensive for my budget! I did however, ask my doctor Thursday about writing me out a prescription and he wouldn't. Not now. He agrees that Adipex WILL help me, but he said I have to work on my health just a little bit longer first. I quit smoking 2 months ago, cold turkey, and that helped my blood pressure tremendously. So much so that the doc cut my dosage in HALF! Hallelujah glory to God. But he had to increase my medications that I take for diabetes. Plus he ordered me to walk 4 miles a day (first goal) and to get on and stay on the Sugar Busters diet. I said "Walk? In this Louisiana heat? It'll kill me!" He said "Debbie, you are killing yourself! You are 46 years old and if you don't change your lifestyle now you won't live to be 48." He was very blunt with me and didn't mince his words. Hopefully that's what it will take for me to wake up and smell the sugarless coffee. <stupid joke intended> But it's embarassing to cry like a baby in the doctors office. ~Debbie :o

Tammy B
06-17-2001, 09:46 PM
Oh Debbie. Bless your heart. Yes, it is embarrassing to cry in a doctor's office but I have been there and done that! You are taking steps in the right direction. YOU CAN DO THIS! WE can all do this! I was just telling my mother this weekend that I am changing my way of living. Before I put ANYTHING in my mouth I remind myself I AM IN CONTROL! Food does not control me! Now, sometimes the food voice is bigger than my voice, but I am trying! They say it takes 21 days to make or break a habit and I am going to DO THIS! WE all need to eat to live, not live to eat.

Please take your doctor's advice. My father is very ill with cirrocus of the liver. The doctors had told him to stop drinking for so long and he did not do it. Well, believe me, seeing him lying in that hospital bed vomiting up blood and so weak and ill, it is killing me and him. If he had KNOWN and really LISTENED while he still had a chance, I know he would have done it. Life is such a precious gift and so easy to take for granted. YOU CAN DO THIS!

Okay, I will get off my soapbox now, but your reply really touched me. Please know you are not alone.

Take care and post or email me whenever you need a lift. You are not alone.

Tammy

barbaradr
06-19-2001, 06:21 PM
What stength are you one??

lakelog
06-21-2001, 11:47 PM
Calling "7077"!! lol What happened to Kathy? I haven't noticed a posting lately or am I in the wrong place? What are you up to now girl? How much have you lost now? Let my inquiring mind know.

1day@atime
06-26-2001, 01:52 PM
Hello,
I too have tried Adipex but i got the jitters( last year). I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. Some friends are on a pill called Bontril PDM. Has anyone tried that? They say it doesn't get you jittery at all. The doctor also gives you a B-12 shot and some other non-prescription things ( chromium piolinade & Magnesium gluconate).
I'll see what he gives me tomorrow.

:dizzy:

Tammy B
06-26-2001, 03:17 PM
I have not heard of that one. I happen to like the jitters! I sure can clean my house! :lol:

Good luck and keep me posted as to what the doctor says.

Tammy

lakelog
06-26-2001, 03:19 PM
I am still puzzled as to where Kathy is? (7077). Has anyone seen her? :?: I am still checking out some other posts but I thought she might keep updates on this one as well. If anyone has heard from her or read a post let us know. Just concerned about her. :wave:

budsysmith@hotmail.com
256/206/156

jasmine10
06-28-2001, 12:28 AM
I have been reading 3FC for years, but I never replied to a message. I have been watching the replies on phentermine. I sent away for some over the internet. I want to try dieting using the pills starting tommorrow. 7077 got me all inspired. Where is 7077?

I have been trying to diet and get motivated for a long time. I am feeling ready now. I want to lose 20 pounds. I have gained 20 pounds in the last 4 years. It doesn't sound like much but I have been trying unsuccessfully. Nothing fits anymore. I don't want to put on shorts or a bathing suit. My husband is tall and skinny and doesn't understand.

155/155/135

ggh
06-29-2001, 12:45 AM
I have seen posts by 7077 recently at the phentermine forum.
Lots of interesting people and information about phen there!
Gloria

06-29-2001, 12:40 PM
Hi Lakelog,

I am back. I just finished my 30 day supply today. I went to the doctors on Wedesday. I am down from 190 lbs. to 176 lbs.

14 lbs. total loss. I guess you haven't heard from me because I have been attending a lot of affairs, such as company picnics, get togethers, etc. Through it all I have maintained the 14 lbs. loss.

My doctor gave me a prescription with 2 more refills and said I am doing great so I will get back to him in about 4 months so we can see how I am doing.

I am hitting the gym and doing Tae bo II now. What a workout!! I think I stop through about 10 minutes of the tape to get myself back together again. It's those darn floor exercises. Yikes!!

I am still eating about 900 to 1,000 calories a day and taking a vitamin pill. With the weight loss I am feeling more like exercising now. I still have 46 lbs. to go, so I am on my way.

So how are you doing now?

Hi Jasmine10 - How are you doing? Did you get yours yet? Keep me posted.

1dayatatime - what did you end up with from the doctor?

Barbaradr - I was prescribed 37.5. I paid $10 under my health plan. It would have cost $41.94 otherwise with a prescription from the doctor.

Tammy B - what's happening with you?? You know I want to know.

pabs - email me or I will check to see if I can email you. Going through your doctor is your best bet. So you can keep a check on your blood pressure and cholesterol.

lakelog
06-29-2001, 05:38 PM
:wave: I was worried about you Kathy. I guess I'm not used to you going that long without posting. Something told me to check the boards right quick and I found yours. I am leaving for the beach in the morning and won't be returning until the 8th of next month. Everyone keep it all together and going until I get back. I will look for motivation in other areas I guess.

Great loss. I am glad to see it is still going great for you. I am still holding steady and still need a 50 pound loss. When we go down to the beach, I tend to eat more vegetables than usual and stay active so I look for a little loss or hold steady but usually don't gain any there. Now going to our State Park is a different story. Eat too many steaks and marshmellows down there.

Keep it up and take care! Glad you're back!

Dana

suzieblue
06-29-2001, 06:10 PM
hey all,
Anyone here ever heard of Advocare. I got an email from a friend that said it works and you can loose up to 1 lb a day. I had never heard of it. Well if you have any information on it please let me know.
Suzieblue

Raindrops
07-14-2001, 09:19 AM
Hi all....Okay, I had to pop in on this one I was happy to see this thread! I'm not here too often because I mostly hang out at a WW support site but...

I've been taking phentermine on and off for about a year and have been pairing it with WW. Here's how I've done it:

Started in August and did 3 months solid, then started taking it as needed (just on weekends or for special events) when I felt like I might have too many temptations. I was really afraid of getting hooked so that was good for me. I did that for about 5 months and now have been back on it solid for almost 2 months.

I've lost a total of 49 lbs and during my on and period lost very little but that showed me that I will be able to maintain my loss on my own! I have been eating low points with WW, probably about 1,000 calories a day, excercising regularly, and all of that stuff! I do have a doctor that I am working with and she is great about prescribing it. It's much less expensive than Meridia and has been around for a long time...I hesitate to jump on a "new magic pill" band wagon. I'd rather let others do the testing! :D

Anyway....good luck if you want to try it, I didn't know you could buy it on the internet. I wonder if it is cheaper than I get from the pharmacist? I pay about 28 dollars a month for it.

Tammy B
07-16-2001, 07:08 AM
HELLO TO ALL! NOOOO, the internet is not cheaper to buy diet pills. It is highway robbery if you ask me, but I did pay it!

Glad everyone is doing well. I am also FINALLY seeing a difference. I just bought some new clothes this weekend, size 14W!! When I started this weighloss journey in March I was a size 20W. YAHOO!

Good luck to everyone, whichever weightloss plan they use.

Tammy B

241/214/150

CAPlesantlyPlump
07-16-2001, 08:42 AM
Hi Jan

I was a Phetermine user, good luck!

Velda
07-25-2001, 01:27 PM
I was wondering if any of you could compare the safety and effectiveness of phentermine to (small doses of) ephedra. Are the side effect similar? Does anyone know if phentermine also works as a beta agonist?

I might switch if I hear anymore good reports.:angel:

Peachy
07-29-2001, 03:33 PM
Hi I'm new here but I have been using Phentermine/Adipec for around 3 months now. It completely controlled my cravings at first. Now I am slipping back into some bad old habits.

I am going to my Dr. on Aug. 1. Hopefully, she will be able to help me. I have around 50 - 60 pounds to lose to reach my target weight of 120 - 130 pounds.

I'm trying to find a diet "buddy" if anyone is interested
:^: ! Good luck with the phentermine! I hope it's effects last longer for you;) !

lakelog
07-29-2001, 06:08 PM
:wave: I just wonder where Kathy (7077) has drifted of to? I think it has been a month today since I have heard from her. At that time she was completing her first 30 days on Phentermine. I wonder if she did another month as well. Let us know if you're around Kathy.

Dana
budsysmith@hotmail.com
256/204/156

fropvd
01-07-2002, 07:22 PM
I started phentermine exactly three weeks ago and am now down 10 lbs--only 70 or so more to go. :)

My official weigh in is tomorrow, so I'll see what the doc has to say then. NO bloodpressure problems, only a dry mouth and occasional insomnia. Dare I hope I'll actually be within reach of my goal before 2002 is over?

fropvd
01-11-2002, 12:06 PM
The official word is in...

in three weeks, I've dropped 10 lbs. Now for the other seventy or so...

fro
212/202/135

Tammy B
01-11-2002, 12:13 PM
That is awesome, FRO! Keep up the good work. I have been off of phentermine for a few months now. It was not working as effectly anymore, so I stopped. I lost about 25 pounds on the time I was on them, and I am working slowly on taking off more. I can't even think about how I have 60 more to lose, I take it one day at a time.

Keep me posted on how you are doing!

Tammy

TeeCee
02-25-2002, 06:52 PM
I am new to this site and would like to know where on the internet you ordered phentermine. I too used it with great results until I decided to get pregnant. I need HELP!

quteky
02-27-2002, 10:54 AM
hi there!
Well, I have never used phentermine but recently I've been thinking about it because hunger is my problem. I am always hungry and I think that if I could get rid of that problem that I would be able to lose weight easily. Anyway, when I was researching the product, I found that if you simply do a search with the word "phentermine" that many different web sites will offer the product at similar costs. You just have to go to each one and look for the cheapest offer. You may even be able to find one that has free shipping, which is always nice.
Well, I hope I helped! What's your story with phentermine? How much did you lose and how fast?

ttyl,
Kyra