South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 11:00 PM   #1  
katie

Default Do I HAVE to start over?

okay so for my snack, i had mixed nuts, but i ate way too many of them, also ate 3 of DH's triscuits. Do i have to start over? Also, is sugar free kool-aid okay? I get tired of water, and dont drink diet drinks/
Old 04-05-2005, 02:54 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I wouldn't start OVER, just be a little more strict! As for something to drink, I'm allergic to most artificial sweetners, so diet drinks are out for me. I've been drinking tea, it doesn't quite do the trick always... (which is why I'm sitting here drinking pop.. bad bad me!). Good luck for the rest of phase 1, you can do it

-Aimee
Old 04-05-2005, 07:07 AM   #3  
Working for the Cruise!

If it were me, I would start over. Detox is soo important. But hey, this is all about self-discipline, so YOU decide. Next time when you buy your mixed nuts, measure out a 1/4 cup and put it in a little snack baggie.

Preparation is the key. I would keep an emergency CAN EAT food list on the fridge so that you don't feel the dispair of DIET come over you at a moment of hunger.

I know this weekend I forgot to eat (too excited about paint color in my kitchen). Then when 6 pm rolled around and all I had all day was 1 OP PB cookie and a pickle.....well, it got ugly. Let's just say I was holding the phone in my hand ready to call the pizza boy. But my DF was right there. He sat me down and said he'd make dinner. He made chicken fingers, his own South Beach favorite. He's not on the diet, he works at Dunkin Donuts for an AM job and eats there all day and he's still a stick, but he promised he would help me and he's really enjoying the food too. I chopped up some cauliflower and made some quick cauliflower popcorn and then brownies for dessert. Even the kids next door loved it!

Just have someone there to help you, and keep a lot of different foods on hand. You won't stray again!
Old 04-05-2005, 07:09 AM   #4  
Working for the Cruise!

BTW, I love Dasani's new flavored water (not the carbonated stuff). Aquafina makes one that is pretty good too. Great alternative to soda. It does contain Sucralose however, sorry swimgirl!

I think SF Koolaid is ok.....what's the label read?
Old 04-05-2005, 09:07 AM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Katie, are you on Phase 1? If you are on Phase 1, I would start over, but like Adia, I believe detox is SO important. If you are in Phase 2, don't stress about it at all, just keep going. In Phase 2, both of those are okay in moderation. But if you find that mixed nuts and triscuits are trigger foods for you (in that they "trigger" you to eat more than you should), you might want to keep them out of the house.

Re: sugar free kool aid, yes! You definitely can have it, but be aware that it doesn't count for your water intake, which should probably be at least 64 oz. It's just supplemental. Try squeezing some lemon or lime juice into your water to make it different. I find keeping a bottle of water near me all the time makes me drink more...I actually do it out of boredom or to keep something in my mouth!
Old 04-05-2005, 10:33 AM   #6  

I have no control over nuts. LOL...as many as are anywhere near me are as many as I will eat at one sitting. I just can't have them around. I only buy them for a specific recipe and buy them in the quantity the recipe calls for. LOL...I'm a lot of help, eh?
Old 04-05-2005, 11:30 AM   #7  
katie

Thanks ladies! I think I will start over, yes im on Phase 1.
Also, how come SF kool aid doesnt count as water? I think its 8oz, has 5 cals, no sugar. I usually can manage about 72 oz water, trying to work on 100 oz water. My scale was down 2 lbs today from yesterday., but its probably just water weight fluctuating. Ive done well today, however couldnt drink much of the tomato juice..i drank 2 oz, then said yuck, im not drinking anymore, gave it to my almost 2 yr old and she wouldnt even touch it! lol. maybe adding ice to it will make it taste better?
Katie
Old 04-05-2005, 03:02 PM   #8  
Professional dieter

S/C/G: 250/232/130

Height: 5'3"

If you ask me, it is impossible to make tomato juice taste better!
Old 04-05-2005, 03:34 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Default ways to make tomato juice better

Hi,
I recently finally got to the point I actually enjoy a can of V8 juice . It took several months to get to this point. At first I would pour a half glass and chug it down like medicine, then drink a lot of water to get to taste out of my mouth. Yuck.

I started adding lemon juice and black pepper to it and it improved the taste immensely. Also keep it in the coldest part of the fridge, almost frozen makes it go down a lot better too.

I agree with everyone else, phase 1 is the detox part. Start over and hide the triscuts for the next 2 weeks and maybe the nuts too. I had to stop buying peanut butter because I would go through a jar in a couple days with a just a spoonful here and a spoonful there. Once I figured out that my spoons were more like boats I stopped buying it.

Good luck,
Sarah
Closed Thread