Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 06:43 PM   #1  

Default Core Plan and carbs

Does the core plan limit carbs quite a bit? I think it does but maybe I am misunderstanding it. You can have either a bread, pasta, or cereal only one time per day, right? I want whole wheat toast in the am but if I want a sandwich at noon I can't have it unless I use flex points I guess. I am using my flex points way too fast and I am not even snacking on junk food!
Old 04-04-2005, 06:50 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

It is a lower carb plan, but not exactly low carb. If you are using more than an average of 5 WPAs per day, then maybe the flex plan would be better for you? I do a combination and it usually works well for me ... for instance, I still count my flex points and stay within my range, but try to make 80-90% of those foods be Core foods. Make sense?
Old 04-04-2005, 07:58 PM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

You can have cold cereal (must be with milk or yogurt) one meal per day and still have potato/whole wheat pasta/brown rice at another meal that same day. Oatmeal and other hot cereals are not limited beyond only eating until satisfied.

Bread is never considered Core. So if you want to have bread, whether it be for breakfast or lunch, you'll have to count flex points. I agree with Kathy. Flex might be better for you unless this is all you would use your flex points for.

Good Luck!
Old 04-05-2005, 07:19 AM   #4  

Ok, so I guess I didn't understand it. Now that I know I can have a carb at two meals (I was only using one and flex pts for any others) I will give it another try. My bread is pretty low in point value too, so that should help save some points. Thanks!
Old 04-05-2005, 03:02 PM   #5  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

The only things you need to monitor are: brown rice/potatoes/pasta and Cold cereal w/milk which you can only have as a "freebie" once per day.

Bread is not core and must be counted as would extra servings of the above. You can however have other "good carbs/starchy foods" with your meals such as peas, beans, corn, squash, couscous, buckwheat, cornmeal, quinoa, etc.

While the Core plan is not technically low carb it is primarly based on good carbs w/a low glycemic index which do not affect blood sugar in a negative way.

Good luck!

Frouf
Closed Thread