Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-04-2005, 08:06 AM   #1  
I CAN DO THIS

Default Monday Chat ~ April 4th

Good Morning Ladies...

Just doing a run by HI this morning...I have to go to work.. pn what should have been my day off .. Having a bad day

Have to run.. already running late...
Hope Everyone has a Sunny Day..

/hugs
Ashlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 08:28 AM   #2  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning Steph
I'm back on plan today after being seriously off for a while. Long day at work bleh!
i'll post back later
-Kier
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 09:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang!

boy did I get up late and then ran around like a chicken with my head cut off. matter of fact, I'm at work and the back of my hair is still wet. hehe This time change takes me a little while to get use to.

I will try to go walk during lunch today. Anybody wanna go with me? I really need to

Had a really busy weekend. Spent the day shopping with my mom and then installing some under the counter lights for her and setting up her new cell phone. I accomplished nothing at my house but it matters not - we had a good day together.

Ashlie - I'm sorry that you have to work on your day off.

Hey KO - good to see ya! and always good to get back on track huh! good for you!

what's everybody doing today?

Happy Monday!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 10:03 AM   #4  
prepare for the BEST time

OH I HATE LOSING AN HOUR.......I looked at the clock this AM and actually LEAPED out of bed, (the cat was extremely annoyed with my behavior)......then I wound up staring at the coffeepot until I could start gulping......

Luckily my shoes match and I remembered to brush my teeth......I just forgot lipstick!

BBL.......I'm still freezing MAO!
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 10:40 AM   #5  

Default ''

Morning.

Busy but good weekend........even though I worked nights.....got organized for back to school after spring break and hubby back to work after 5 weeks off between holidays and pneumonia

Not much planned for today but I do plan on doing a bit of spring cleaning everyday.

Hope you are all feeling a bit more rested and together as the day progresses~

Be well

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 11:40 AM   #6  
Starting over Spring 2011

Height: 5'10"

Hi, everyone,

I seem to be feeling a bit better. Thank you so much for the continuing support and prayers.

Good luck at work, Stephanie, Kier and Marbleflys.

Cathy, that is so nice that you helped your mom out so much. I have appreciated your prayers for me very much. I am still hanging in here, but it is a challenge. Hope you get some good exercise today.

Liz, sounds like you are doing well. I need to do some spring cleaning at some point .

I have gotten really discouraged about finding a job. It would help my family a lot, and me---I just have too much time on my hands---my youngest is 16. I still want to be here for her, so have been hoping to find a part-time job that is satisfying and pays o.k. But I don't seem to have the computer/office skills to get an entry level job, and I have been out of the professional world since my youngest was born. I am just feeling so discouraged, and incompetent. Anyone have any ideas about re-entering the workforce. (P.S. I am really scared, too ) Thank you so much.

I gained half a pound over the last two weeks, but with all the stress, car accident, my daughter being gone, a trip out of town, etc, I figure that is a success. I think I can get back on track and lose this week. Take care, everyone, and have a blessed day.
tkdkathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 11:47 AM   #7  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Just a quickie b/c I'm knee deep in a project
Kathy have you thought of telemarketing?
Cathy I'm glad you had a great day with your mom
Marble I'm right there with ya wet head this am and more
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 12:21 PM   #8  
Curvy Vixen

hi everyone
Walked 2.5 miles this am, still on 25mg of zoloft, it makes me very tired.
Doctor put hubby on pamelor for chronic back pain, it is an antidepressant, any feedback on it??? I would apprieciate it..
PURPLEPANSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 02:29 PM   #9  
Divine Gal

Default Hello Ladies

Well whats new with me.I have tons to tell.Well I was on the zoloft and they switched me back to the paxil and I feel great.I have been so busy with trying to get things in order before I actually start work on April 18th.

Last Tuesday Dh had an interview and guess what he got the job.He started today and its in the field that he is taking at school.What is the field you ask? CNC Machining is the field of study.It starts him at 9 dollars a hour and as he learns it increases.He is so excited and I hope he is doing well.
He will get off work about 4 then he has to go straight to classes at the college.He will be a busy man which will definately help in the losing weight department.

I know I will start losing more weight when i actually start work.I will be moving and grooving I tell ya.I am so excited and its been along time since I have been excited about anything of this nature.
I have been eating pretty good but I know I can do better.I have not had any Mcdonalds food in over a month.Thats a major accomplishment for me. Especially since that have that wonderful dollar menu.
TOM wasn't to bad this month.The cramps and stuff weren't even that bad.I am hoping to lose this weight so that in a year or two I can have a baby.My biological clock is ticking.

I have been cross stitching alot and waiting for my friends to send the pictures so I can get started on scrapbooks for the holidays.Looks as though I have lots to keep me busy.

*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 02:38 PM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Girls

Just a quick hello and to let you know I've read all of your posts LOL but don't have time to do all the personals I'd like to

Kathy, yes I do have an idea about a job. How about Receptionist. There you will get to chat w/people, it won't be overly stressful at first and you'll get to ease your way into the work environment. Once they realize you are a wonderful person you may be able to bid on other job openings, maybe entry level data entry. This is how I started out.

HUGS TO YOU ALL !!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 02:49 PM   #11  
prepare for the BEST time

kathy: you might consider reception/making appts. as a jumping-in point. It will prove your organizational skills and give you confidence as you deal with people every day. As you learn, you'll become familiar with different programs that will give you additional skills.

If this doesn't work for you, how about taking 1-2 classes to give you some updated computer skills? check out what is offered locally and on-line. Help yourself to focus on learning and you will definitely feel more *up*.

I once went through a devestating break-up over 10 years ago and then all seemed to hit the fan at once.........$$ problems, weight gain, loss of sleep, loss of self-esteem........not thinking clearly, i applied for a 2nd job, night/weekends job to fill the time.....waitressing.........incredibly, it made me feel better because I had to get up,get my caboose MOVING, get dressed, put on make-up, drive someplace and s-m-i-l-e.......and coming home at night with an extra $50.-80. CASH made me feel better too....it was like getting paid to exercise......I did it for about 6-8 months until I got a better paying job.
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 10:33 PM   #12  
I CAN DO THIS

Hello Ladies..

Finally got a second to sit at a computer and actually type. I skimmed through everyone's posts but I don't think I actually read them.. The two best things about today was working and spending this evening with my daughter, my son, his little girlfriend and her mom.. The rest of today was bad... or very bad.. The s-*&head (my husband or ex. or whatever you would call him) is being just that a s-*&head. I got asked to work today and he has a fit over it.. I didn't remember he had made plans to watch Wrestling Sunday night. which he could have still done but he was being a stubborn pita. so now he's mad at me and I feeling like crap over it so needless to say I binged badly again today.. I have to talk to my baby sitter tomorrow and see if i can work something out with her.. so I don't have to deal with him for awhile.

Other then my over-eating.. I walked 8.78 miles today and drank 108.9oz of water..

Hope Everyone else had a good day will catch up on my reading in the AM.
/hugs
Ashlie is offline   Reply With Quote