Support Groups - Scale Addicts Anonymous 2005

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : Scale Addicts Anonymous 2005

Hotsplashes
04-03-2005, 06:30 PM
Welcome back to Scale Addicts Anonymous!!

Hello, My Name is Hotsplashes...and yes..I am a scale addict. I used to get on several times a day. I have spent the last year trying to lose weight and control my horrid habit of hopping on and off the scales...I now can usually control the urge down to once or twice a week....

But of course I do slip up and hop on the scales sometimes 2 or 3 times in a day. Usually I'm pretty good tho. I still have my rituals before getting on the scale each Friday...go potty first...take off everything includind hair scrunchies and socks and undies...then let out any breath in my body and then step on the scale!

So for those of you scale addicts out there...be you in the closet or out about your addiction....C'mon and join the fun!!!

SPlash

halfame
04-03-2005, 08:40 PM
I'm soooo there :lol: I don't weigh "several times a day" but I can't resist stepping on every morning....and I do three readings and take the lowest one :lol:

Tulip-Fairy
04-04-2005, 01:36 PM
Hi Splashes
I came out on SAA #1 thread as a compulsive Scales Addict and my addiction isn't much better now....I do it every morning, butt naked, no air in my lungs, jewelery off and contacts out....oh yeah and I always go with the best of three like Halfame! Mad I know, but it keeps me sane :crazy:

Looking forward to catching up with everyone at SAA old 'uns and newbies alike...come on tell us your scales rituals, we won't tell anyone ;)

LeanneM83
04-04-2005, 02:45 PM
Hey Ladies

Well I am Leanne, I am 26, I am a stay at home mom of 3. My kids are 4 (on April 9th), 20 months and 6 months old. I am DEFINITELY a SCALE ADDICT. I jump on my darn scale several times a day, but thankfully, I am at the end of my weight loss journey so I like what it says...(good scale)...I no longer have to kick it or swear at it...lol
Yes, I think I may be a scale addict for life....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Leanne
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar098/slider-cheer/lb/204/125/125/ (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

Marie
04-04-2005, 03:07 PM
I too am a scale addict. It dictates me day. Lose a pound - it's a good day. gain a pound - I might as well go back to bed. I do only weigh in the morning (usually twice because the first time tends to be .5 pounds higher than the second time). But I usually weigh every day. Hence, lately, a lot of bad days. I'm trying to learn not to let that the thing dictate my feelings. But that's hard.
Marie

Tulip-Fairy
04-04-2005, 03:08 PM
Hiya Leanne,
Congratulations on the birth of jaelyn...the last time we spoke your waist line was going in a different direction to ours!!! well done for hitting your goal after only 6 months of giving birth...you must be soooo proud of yourself!

I'm glad your back with SAA will you be sticking around, even though you've reach your goal?? I know i will, i keep yo-yo-ing the last couple of pounds so think the extra support might just see me through to it!!

Love the photo, she's got a lot of protection around her....!

Tulip-Fairy
04-04-2005, 03:15 PM
I too am a scale addict. It dictates me day. Lose a pound - it's a good day. gain a pound - I might as well go back to bed. I do only weigh in the morning (usually twice because the first time tends to be .5 pounds higher than the second time). But I usually weigh every day. Hence, lately, a lot of bad days. I'm trying to learn not to let that the thing dictate my feelings. But that's hard.
Marie

Hi MMarie I know what you mean about lose a pound = a good day, it's very difficult as it fluctuates (sp?) with your cycle.. :^: so you have to use it to your benifit...if it's a bad day you have to turn it around and make sure you work a bit harder, a bit more excersice, a bit better food, so tomorrow's scales will be kinder to you! :D Well that's my theory anyway....doesn't all ways work though....sometimes your idea of going baack to bed is a much better idea!! :?:

I'll stop rambling again..for now....... :lol: :?:

josie4
04-04-2005, 03:19 PM
I'm not sure if I'm a scale addict. I weigh myself usually every day and I've been trying to reduce that to every other day. I'm doing ok, I've had a few slip-ups so far. I weigh in the morning, naked and after using the bathroom. About three times, too. ;)

I'd like to start weighing myslef less. I don't want to worry about the # on the scale so much. Arrggghhh!!! It's hard!

marbleflys
04-04-2005, 03:24 PM
ooooh I feel so much better knowing that there are *others* who perform those same "scale rituals".....I know it is ridicules, but I do it anyway. I'm down to once a week, but as I lose more weight, I weigh myself more often.....just to check...and the lower the number, the higher my mood.....

Hotsplashes
04-05-2005, 12:43 AM
**Gives a great big group hug to all the SAA members!!!** I'm soooooo happy to see everyone here!! Look who's back and gave me the motivation to start SAA again!! TulipFairy!!!!! And here's our #1 cheerleader Leanne!!! And My goodness look who popped in! MMarie my pal from ISO thread!! Glad to see youMarie!!! ANd looooooook at the newbies!!!! Hello Halfame!! I like the idea of the best of 3 readings...never done that one before...I've done the two readings cuz my scale is always off the first reading...Josie, welcome and yes it's hard to get down to even every other day, but you can do it!!! Marblefly, welcome to you too! ANd NO YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!Lol And I too find that my mood can be dictated by wether the scale is up or down.... :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

I just want to fill everyone in on what's been up in the last month...I am just getting back to work from medical leave from a bad sciatica flare up due to a herniated disc...we just found my exrays and it shows I refractured my hip again in the same spot where the horse ran over me in fall of 2003. But funny thing...it's healing better than it did last time. Siatica is now subsiding...down to one pain pill a day! And I'm walking home from work now instead of taking the bus. Mornings are still hard as I am really stiff. I'm still limping when it's bad...walking like John Wayne when it's ok!lol So now that i am back to being mobile...i'm looking forward to losing the weight I need to lose. :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Tulip and Leanne!!! It's sooo wonderful to have my old SAA team back!!! Leanne congrats on losing the babyweight...Tulip I am soooo glad to see you so close to your goal!!! I hope since the two of you are skinnyminis again you aren't going to leave us! You can be our spokeswomen!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Mmarie! Soooo glad you could join us...I want everyone to know that MMarie is our Extreme House Makeover queen!!! Need any ideas? Call her!! I met her in ISO thread...She's awesome!! Hay Marie, I'll see you over in ISO!!Maybe we can get Skinny and ToF over here!! Sooooo Glad you came over here to visit!! Hope you stick around!!! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Halfame, Josie, and Marblefly!! Glad to see you all of you here. It's nice to know I'm not alone in my Scale Addiction! Hope you ladies stick around and have a great time with us!! The last SAA group was wonderful...So I hope you three enjoy yourselves as much as Tulip, Leanne and I did!! :flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :flow1:

See everyone tomorrow night!!!

KTna
04-05-2005, 10:22 AM
I admit it, I am a scale addict.
I am down to once a day from 3 times a day. It is an obsession.
Question, has anyone noticed anything with the time change? I am thinking that because my body doesn't know the time changed, that is (hopefully) why I am registering a 2 lb gain.

marbleflys
04-05-2005, 10:28 AM
how would the time change affect your weight???? (I like your logic though)...Just hop on an hour later....now we KNOW the fluctuation is a normal process depending on TOM, but boyoboyoBOY! does it get me worked up when I see a gain no matter how small...my scale measures in 10'ths of a lb.....

KTna
04-05-2005, 11:09 AM
Well, I was thinking that it was just a timing thing, because when I weigh in on the weekend after sleeping in its always like a pound less than the weekdays. I' hoping it's water??
Wishfull thinking I guess.

michellejy
04-05-2005, 11:13 AM
I had to laugh at the title of this thread, but it's good to know it's not only me. I was starting to worry I'd need a 12 step program. :lol: I weigh myself every morning while I'm still in pajamas, before I have anything to drink, and after I go to the bathroom. If the number fluxuates when I step on (it's a digital scale, but sometimes it shows a different number for a second before the final reading), I am sure that means I am just an ounce away from a lower reading. I end up not drinking or eating anything until I use the bathroom again, and then weigh myself a second time. It's insanity, isn't it? :)

Marie
04-05-2005, 02:51 PM
Michelle, I have to agree with you that it's insanity. What we will do to make that little buzzard show a smaller number.

My ritual lately has been to carefully pull it out from it's storage space and treat it gently until I step onto it. Then after 2 readings, I kick it back into place. The scale is not my friend lately. It's my enemy.

KTna, the time change got me too. That makes more sense than I ate 7000 extra calories. That I know didn't happen.

Marie

KTna
04-05-2005, 03:37 PM
That's the thing about it, I KNOW I have not been over-eating at all. I have been working out also - no amjor changes in anything - and there it is still, a 2 lb gain.
The first day I was up I started writing everything down again and making sure I wasn't making any mistakes.
I give up. Don't know what to do. I think the best thing would be to stay off the scale but I can't.
I just can't.

Tulip-Fairy
04-05-2005, 06:18 PM
Hi all, good to see so many people in here!
Can only pop in, as i'm due in work in half an hour!!

Will write more tomorrow

melmcc99
04-05-2005, 07:23 PM
Hello everyone! I here ya. I as well am a scale addict! Hello MichelleJ! Funny, we both had to post here. I too am in a love hate relationship with the scale. I weigh in naked before eating, after going to the bathroom and weigh in 3 times and take the middle one though...lol... I think many of us are addicts. MY MIL, says throw it out! It's not the number that matters it's how you feel in your clothes. She's got a point, but it's impossible to do for me,.

LeanneM83
04-06-2005, 08:46 AM
wow, I love love LOVE my scale...It has been SO good to me, today it told me I was 124.4- :cheers:
Who knew? I loved being at 150, 140 was better and my initial goal was 125-135..and now that I am at 124.4 I LOVE it! But I am wondering where my body will stop at....because I have stopped being on such a strict diet and I make much better choices and I really only ever buy low fat or fat free foods, but I exercise a lot...I am also running, and chasing after three kids seems to be a workout all together... :lol:
This is the smallest I have been since I was in college (and single...), it is just so weird, my head still hasnt caught up to my body I guess. Although, I gotta say I am loving having so many clothes that FIT!! But, it is equally as rewarding to have clothes that no longer fit.!!! (Thank god for Ebay I have been getting rid of my closet because most stuff is new, never worn )
Okay, sorry to ramble, I just wanted to share that I have literally worked my butt off and NOW it feels like it is paying off!!! Yay!!

Leanne
SW 204 (sept 21/04)day before having my daughter
SW 190 ( sept 25/04) day after we came home from hospital
CW 124.4

Tulip-Fairy
04-06-2005, 10:50 AM
Good afternoon ladies!

Today i like my scales also, it told me 8st 10lbs (122lbs) again this morning.
I like the sound of your new fangled scales, the ones that weight in 1/2lbs...now that'd be great, mine just do full pounds! I'm going to treat my self to a new pair one of these fine days! I know i should just throw them out and be done with it, but i tried that once and it nearly drove me to distraction....I like my morning routine too much!

Leanne - Well done on your weight loss, i know exactly where your coming from....it's such an achievement to be at your target weight, it makes keeping it off all the more important...I love buying new clothes, especially fitted ones.

Well like Splashes I'll give you a bit of history....We live in the UK and I'm a mother of 3 girls, 15, 13 & 9 I have been with their dad for the past 19 years and love them all to bits. I have spent the past 12 years working with children, last year seen big changes, and i spent the year trying to find another avenue, i've done catering, waiteressing, shop work, working with adults with learning disabilities, and now i'm supporting children in primary school...darn it i just can't get away from the rug rats...love em to bits!!

I am 40 my partner is 42 and have been doing the Atkins WOE since Aug 2003 and have lost a total of 42lbs between us. It's a great way to eat, as foodies it has really inspired us to eat a variety of healthy foods, I'm wheat intolerant so it has fitted in really well.

Well I must dash....

Hotsplashes
04-06-2005, 10:58 AM
Good Morning Fellow Scalers~!!!

Welcome KTna, Michelle, and Melmcc!!! So nice to see a big turn out after such a short time!

Goomorning Tulip, Leanne, and Marie!! My what a big group we have going here!

Tis a funny thing that we can laugh at ourselves and our scale obsessions. I'm not weighing in this week due to the facts that it's TOM and my bday today...so needless to say eating hasn't been the best...but I have been doing ALOT of walking.

On to the theory of WeightGain and TIme Change...I LOVE IT...and I'm going to use it for this week..."I am up 4 lbs cuz we switched Times!"LOL That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!

Hope everyone has a great day...Looks like spring here....I hear my scales calling from the bathroom...sit's right beside the toilette and whispers."C'monnnnn...you kknnnnnowwwww you wanna get on!!!!"

HEheheheh

See everyone later tonite!

Tulip-Fairy
04-06-2005, 11:08 AM
:gift::cheers: :balloons: :hb:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SPLASHES!!!

:gift: :cheers: :balloons: :hb:

SoccerGirl
04-06-2005, 11:48 AM
Yep I do it too. And personally, I hate it. I'm trying to stick to just Monday mornings which is when I write down my weight to track progress.

Like someone else mentioned, it can ruin and control your entire day. I'm down to a few times a week though - not everyday anymore.

LeanneM83
04-06-2005, 02:05 PM
Happy Birthday HOTSPLASHES....

Congrats on being 25 this year!!! :lol:

Marie
04-06-2005, 07:46 PM
Happy Birthday Hots - HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!

Want to know what my dumb scale did this morning. Other than not being very nice, when I weighed myself 3 times (usually only do it twice) it was different based on which way I leaned. Leaning forward - I registered a pound loss from the moment before when I was leaning backwards. The dumb thing. So now I know to lean forward to get a better reading. :)
Marie

Hotsplashes
04-06-2005, 09:16 PM
Helloooooo Ladies!!! Having an awesome day today!!

Want to say THANKS for the Bday Wishes!!

Welcome Soccergirl!!

Glad to see everyone posting today!!

Just wanted to stop by and say helllllooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

And yes...I do the leaning thing too on my scale!!hehehehe

josie4
04-06-2005, 09:28 PM
Happy b-day HS!!!

I'm sorry about your back problems. I know how you feel. I've had back pain for a couple years now and recently had really bad sciatic pain for a couple weeks... Not fun..

Better news- I didn't weigh myself today! Yay! Tomorrow's the day! *fingers crossed*

LeanneM83
04-08-2005, 09:01 AM
if you go away, would you take your scale??

When hubby and I go away to my in-laws house for a few weeks at christmas we take our scale, because their scale weighs MUCH heavier than it should....lol, is this psycho??

Anywho, my scale said I was " 124 this morning which is totally awesome b/c it is TOM and I feel like I instantly gained 10lbs this morning...lol...thank goodness I didnt though. But, I ran 6km yesterday so that must have helped. Funny thing, during this weekly "visit" I have found if I PUSH myself to work out, I dont get NEARLY as crampy and uncomfortable as I would normally...hmmm....my workout today will be cleaning the house like crazy, tomorrow is my oldest sons 4th BIRTHDAY- where does the time go? and I have having a party here...lol...should be fun...all of us CRAMMED into our little house...YAY!!

Ok, enough about me....hope everyone is being good, Josie- congrats on not weighing yourself, that really is a victory! Marie- lol, I love the idea of leaning on the scale, hey, which ever reading is the LOWEST HAS to be the REAL one eh? Soccergirl- yes, if my scale showed I was up several pounds I would feel as though I did something wrong and it would bother me ALL day.....I think that is probably the hardest thing to deal with.
Hotsplashes- enjoy your nice weather and say HI to Niagara for me!

Leanne

Hotsplashes
04-08-2005, 11:19 AM
Ggoooood morning everyone!! Sorry I didn't get on yesterday...early day to the Doctor's then straight off to a 12 hour shift..and yes I am feeling it...but good news is my disc is slowling going back into place...bad news...permanent nerve damage in my foot and ankle...so i guess you take the good with the bad...

Didn't get home till nearly midnite last nite...got home and finished off a bag of chips and then had a toasted bagel...how bad is that?

As for taking the scale with you? I don't take it with me...of course I don't go anywhere these days!lol Btut I am criminally negligent for moving it around the house to spots where for some reason it weighs me in less!lol go figger...so taking it with you is not bad...

Good luck on weigh in Josie and Happy Bday Cameron!!!!!

KTna
04-08-2005, 11:29 AM
I haven't taken the scale with me on vacation, never thought to - but I might now ;)
I figure it is a vacation so I try not to think about it too much. My vacations are usually more active than my normal life (Disney is our fav vacation!!!), so I can even get away with eating some extras.

yuiuab
04-08-2005, 02:07 PM
I'm the scale addict too. I get up, go to potty and then weigh myself naked a couple times. Except today, like fanatic, I weighed in 6-7-8 times, not quite sure. I was so thrilled to see my lovely scale show the number of 139.8, oh yeah, when I saw 139, it's like OMG, I did it (But for real, I'm still 140 since it's 0.8 lb.)

I weigh in daily. When I was out of town without my scale, I miss it so much and would rather come back home and WI immedietely. But after kind of hit the plateua during past couple months, I weigh in only 2-3 times a week. I tried to do only once a week but can't resist to peak any change in between.

my number start looking better since I was in 140's for 15 weeks. When I saw the number 139, make me so happy today. I smile with myself.

Tulip-Fairy
04-08-2005, 07:52 PM
Doh - you can take your scales on holiday with you??? I've always be told to leave them at home...if only i'd known......yey roll on next year!!! i'm gunna pack em first!!

again, i've just finished work, so will post on sunday and give you a FULL un-a-bridged version of my week...i promise (dont' hold your breath...it's not THAT interesting)

Hotsplashes
04-09-2005, 02:28 AM
Welcome Yui!! Hmmmmmmmm....I hear ya about how much even .1 of a pound can put a smile on yer face...even if it just gets you out of the area you've been sitting in for so many weeks...Hmmm scales on vacations...this really COULD get addicting...lotsa work this week...doing OT tomorrow..so I'll prolly see everyone on Sunday!!!

Tulip-Fairy
04-10-2005, 11:07 AM
Happy Birthday Hots - HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!

Want to know what my dumb scale did this morning. Other than not being very nice, when I weighed myself 3 times (usually only do it twice) it was different based on which way I leaned. Leaning forward - I registered a pound loss from the moment before when I was leaning backwards. The dumb thing. So now I know to lean forward to get a better reading. :)
Marie

Thanks for the tip Mmarie ;) ...I'm going to try the leaning forward technique...see if it works on my scales. :lol: :lol:

Hotsplashes
04-10-2005, 04:12 PM
Hello everyone!! hope you all had a great weekend! I was busy today...got all my outside of my house cleaned...raked, stuff put away...lawn furniture out...all the fun stuff...even got some pussywillows for my vase...so i got good exercise today..is nice and sunny with a bit of a breeze...gonna bbq some chicken tonite with a salad!!

KTna
04-11-2005, 09:47 AM
Hey everyone, hope you all had a great weekend.
My goal this week is to NOT weigh in until Sat. This will take more will-power than dieting!!!
On a positive note, the 2 lbs that seemed to creep up last week are gone - I think the 100 oz of water a day helped.

Hotsplashes
04-11-2005, 12:12 PM
Good Morning Ladies!! Got on the scale today since ToM is done.....No Loss...buuuuut...No GAIN EITHER!!!YAYYYYYYYY Still sitting 178!!!!!!!!Have a great day everyone!!!!!!!!!

Hay KTNA!!! Awesome for you!!! wow...100oz of water a day? I know I get more than my 64 becuase I have a super mug at work that holds 64oz and i drink almost the whole thing a day...then there's the water and green tea I drink at home....So I know I'm hitting at least 80...Keep up the grea work...It's nice to see that neither of us gained!! It's all gone!!lol

Where is everyone else? Hope to see everyone on here when I check in tonite. I think I'm going to try to substitute weighins for checking on here!lol

Tulip-Fairy
04-11-2005, 12:40 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies!
Firstly...the leaning forwards does NOT work on my scales - boo-hoo :?: :( secondly, i like my scales today because they like me! :D I'm still 122lbs but didn't eat that well over the weekend...infact had 2 chocolate bars (not at the same time...honest!)

It's still very fresh here splashes, not garden furniture getting out time that's for sure, we are still getting a light frost in the morning...brrr!

KTna good luck with staying off the scales....i'd find it really difficult too!

yuiuab - well done for hitting 139lbs, you deserve your 6,7,8 times on the scales...its' sooooo nice to see a low number it makes you want to take a look again and again and again!!

Leanne - How are those beautiful children of yours...keeping oyu on your toes no doubt?!

Hope everyone (the ones i have mentioned and the ones who's name's have escaped me!!) is keeping well and eating health. No one has posted about slipping up and eating anything they shouldn't so i'm gonna take it that we're all sticking to our plans?? ;) Except my 2 chocolate bar...see above :o )

Well I'm of fto take my youngest to her dance class (does that count as exercise for me too??!) then it's off to work for the night (Now that DOES count as exercise)

See you all tomorrow

Tulip-Fairy
04-11-2005, 12:47 PM
Hi HS, our posts must have crossed, didn't see your message until after i had posted mine!
That's a good idea about popping in here rather than weighing ourselves...I might just do that too!

I'm trying to get back in to a routine of coming in here every day...now the kids are back at school, my normal routine will resume so i'll hve a better chance!

See Ya

LeanneM83
04-11-2005, 02:27 PM
What a weekend...

Saturday was cameron's 4th b-day....his party was fun but BOY did I have a headache afterwards....but, I ate pretty well and ran outside 5km, so my weight has stayed at 124 over the weekend, AND yes I did have some birthday cake, come on it was SPIDERMAN cake...hehehehe, it was really good though...

I am SOOOO glad the weather is finally nice enough to let my kids play outside...makes the days more enjoyable and makes them a LOT more tired by bedtime...ha ha whatever works eh?

Okay, I took a new pic this weekend....I have before and afters if anyone wants me to post them I will! Let me know!

Happy Monday everyone!

Leanne

LeanneM83
04-11-2005, 02:30 PM
im trying to change my pic...fingers crossed that it works...

Leanne

Tulip-Fairy
04-11-2005, 02:54 PM
Leanne, did you know that spidermen cakes if eaten with your eyes' closed don't have any calories?? With that in mind you could have had two pieces!!!

I've got before and after photo's, i'll post if oyu do!

NB - I know the eye's closed / cake eating isn't true...but I'm in denial, and it makes cake eating even more interesting!!! heheheh!!

kati3l3unny
04-11-2005, 03:30 PM
hi my name is kate and i'm a scale addict

i thought i was the only one that did all that silly stuff!!!

i too go potty, get naked step on breath out ... but i stand really straight and put my arms up in a stretch while i breath out lol.

i wish i could lean and it would weigh less, but mine are guarenteed to always weigh the same, and believe me i've tried .... leaning, one leg, tip toes, squatting, dragging it to every room in the house. but the darn thing always weighs the same !

i always weigh before bed too, so i can see if i'm going to lose in the morning, don't you love those days when you weigh the same at night as you did in that morning, and you just know 2-3lbs are going to be gone in the morning ?

if i have a bad day i drag it to under a counter and then lean on the counter while i weigh :D and say i'll be there soon when its like 20lbs lighter.

~kate~

LeanneM83
04-11-2005, 03:37 PM
Ok everyone

My before and after pics are in the member gallery under leannem83....lol...the before was taken the day I had my daughter Sept 22/04...otherwise, I wasn't "letting" anyone take pics of me that big...now, I am taking pics of myself...lol...

KTna
04-12-2005, 09:48 AM
Hey everyone!

I was victorious over the scale today. I wasn't even tooo toooo tempted to get on today. YAY!

Hotsplashes
04-13-2005, 10:04 AM
Welcome Kati3!!Hmm holding your arms out...now that's one i HAVE to try! Anything to defy gravity!! Glad you joined us! We're a fun group and love new addicts. Hope you stay with us for a while!

Ktna CONGRATS on your VICTORY!!!!!YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! Keep up the great work!~!!! Anohter day down and no stepping on the scales!! You are stronger ever day...Keep up the great work!!!

Good Morning Leanne and Tulip!!! Sounds like you ladies had a busy, busy weekend. And I lOVE the idea of closing eyes and no calories...did that work for the Choclate bars, Tulip? Leanne, I hope you enjoyed the cake!! You are always allowed to treat yourself. Not good to deprive.

Well, ladies....I am finding by getting on here first thing as soon as I get up keeps me from hopping on the scales so far. Eating was good until last nite...too much pasta and then too many taterchips. But will make up for today. I've been walking back and forth to work now that the weather is nice so I know I'm burning some extra calories here and there.

Gonna be a wee bit chilly again today and no quite in the 50s...but sunny anyways!! WOOHOOl have a great day everyone and see you all tonite!!

DDFatToFit
04-13-2005, 10:51 AM
I just had to post because I am a bigtime scale addict. I even try and wait to weigh until my fiance is in the shower or still asleep so that he doesn't know how often I weigh myself! Like, rationally, I know it doesn't make any difference, and I know how much it fluctuates, and I'm pretty sure my scale is crap anyway, BUT.....it's like psychologically I think that if I'm not WATCHING the number, it will magically creep up, powered by some evil force bent on sabotaging my efforts!

Wow.

lol Anyway, I'm 23, and heading toward losing about 100 lbs (I'm 235, 5'5" at the moment). I'm doing the whole Weight Watchers thing which is working for me so far, 2 weeks into it. I weigh in once a week there so I think I am trying to cut out weighing at home cold turkey. Yep. You've seen it here folks, I just quit cold turkey. This is day numero uno that I will NOT weigh at home. Well, I mean, of course I weighed this morning before I left for work, but.. gah.. you know what I mean! lol I challenge you all to not weigh for an entire 7 days (starting now... lol)

Days I have not graced the scale with my presence
1/7
Woohoo!

Nice to meet you all and see you lighter!
-DD

KTna
04-13-2005, 01:47 PM
OK, so I got on the scale today.
Ooops.
Well, my husband got on and lost 1.5 lbs so I thought maybe, just maybe I might see a loss too. Nope.

0/7 days without scale.

Hotsplashes
04-14-2005, 10:03 AM
Welcome DD!!! Congrats on joining WW and your goal!! I know you can do it!! Hellooooo KTnA! Glad to see you back...I too accept the challenge...So I'll Start from Yesterday too since I didn't go near the dreaded scales!! So this will be day 2!! Meet you gals at the podium so we can get our medals!!!

Tulip and Leanne!! Hope you ladies are finding your way to the scales slowly or not at all! I see we're missing a few poeple...hope everyone makes their way here to post!@!

See everyone later or tomorrow!!

DDFatToFit
04-14-2005, 10:30 AM
Wooo! I did it! Day numero dos away from el scalo. Thanks for taking up my challenge, ladies! And thanks for the warm welcome, Hotsplashes!

So, I'm tres excited about getting new numbers tonight (3rd WW meeting). Any of you ladies (and/or gentlemen) on the Weight Watchers program? Yesterday Kevin (my fiance) and I registered for our wedding at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. It was sooooo much fun! We got to point the little gun at things and decide what we wanted to go in our apartment, and dream about having a house some time in the future. I love him so much!

Well, I need to get my crystal lite packet into my water bottle and shake it all up before the kids get here (I'm a band director). I'll probably check in later. I'm looking forward to getting to know all you folks!

See you lighter!
DD
237/235/135 (WI tonight! woohoo!)

2/7 days - I have NOT stepped on my scale - Go me!

KTna
04-14-2005, 11:10 AM
:( Got on the scale again today.

0/7 AGAIN. I think I might ask my husband to hide it. Somewhere I can't reach.

Congrats on the registering, that is one of the most fun things to do when you get married. My husband even had fun, and he really didn't like planning the wedding.

michellejy
04-14-2005, 11:16 AM
Hmmm... I should have read that scale challenge earlier. Of course, it's such a habit now that I practically sleep walk to the scale these days. :lol: It's weird since before I was dieting, I never even owned a scale, and now I obsess about it.

LeanneM83
04-14-2005, 11:28 AM
Hey everyone, I am totally FAILING any scale challenge, but I did only weigh myself Once in the morning and once before bed yesterday so that is a start.

Yesterday I went running and I ran 8km in 1 hour--- YAY YAY YAY, that is my longest run so far since having my daughter...so I can only get better at it! Fingers crossed that I will be ready for a 10km race by the end of May....best part is, I am not SORE today....makes me very happy!

I have to take my oldest son for a needle today- he HATES needles...lol, so I see I will have to find a way to bribe him...looks like he may get a big truck or some kind of toy out of me ..lol....(I guess a trip to the dollar store doesnt quite make up for having to trick him into getting a needle)...wish me luck, this could be an EVENT...hahaha

Happy Thursday to everyone, hope it is sunny where you are!

Leanne
CW 124

Hotsplashes
04-14-2005, 09:03 PM
YAYYYy for DD!!! And YAYYYY for KTNA and Michelle for Posting today!!! It's all in the mind ladies...my late brother used to love the saying...if you don't mind, it don't matter...so don't mind the scale...put it somewhere where you can't easily get to it...then forget out about it!!! Come post on here instead!

Hay Leanne...8k!! WOOHOOOOO you rockin' mommie you!! You'll be ready!! I know you will!!

Today has been really good for eating! And no urges for sweets or chips...walked to and from work today...barely any noticable limp...sooooo I'm getting there...no running yet...but that'll come in no time...

Keep up the great work folks and I'll see everyone in the MOrning!!!!!!

KTna
04-15-2005, 09:25 AM
SO FRUSTRATED! I worked out a lot yesterday so I thought today should be a good day for the scale. But NO. Stupid thing just wont move.

I MUST leave it for 7 days, I can't stand the feeling when I get on and nothing happened.

After 7 days I will do the body fat scale instead, hopefully I will see SOMETHING.

michellejy
04-15-2005, 10:27 AM
I did it! I woke up and ate breakfast without weighing myself first. Hopefully I can keep off the scale an entire day, but even skipping the morning was a big step for me.

Out of curiosity, how do body fat scales work? I mean, how do they "know" what your body fat is rather than just your weight?

KTna
04-15-2005, 11:33 AM
I think they send signals through your body, you stand on metal plates. I think the signals react differently to muscle versus water and fat.

Tulip-Fairy
04-15-2005, 03:31 PM
Hi Guys!!!
Well i've missed posting for a couple of days as i've been busy, so have come to this no scales challenge a bit late...I won't kid my self though my score would still only be 0/7...oh well i'll do my best!
Michelle - were from the same mould you and me...i wander out of bed with my eyes shut straight towards the scales...it's an unbreakable habit. I put them away in a cupboard once (on HS advice i think!) but they kept calling to me every time i walked past the door!! hehehehe!!

Well done for joining WW DD, my friend as lost over 5 stone using that program. so way to go, keep up the good work and you will see results.

Leanne, i've just looked at your photos...WOW what a difference, you must feel amazing...coz you certainly look it!!! What a beautiful smile you have, and your little girls is adorable! I have posted my old before and after pictures up...i'm going to try and find a recent one.

Have a good weekend girls..i'll try really hard to pop in over the weekend, but between work and sleeping theres not much time left...especially when my 3 DD's are always hogging the pc!

Don't forget to eat well and weigh less!

0/7 days without weight myself!! :-(

body fat sclales? They sound interesting!

LeanneM83
04-15-2005, 08:06 PM
Tulip- I am blushing, thanks for the kind words...(the amount of money my parents and my hubby have spent on my teeth they should be GOLD or insured...lol)

Happy Friday to everyone....I am a scale fail-er...I have weighed myself at least 3 times today.....what can I say I AM A SCALE ADDICT.

My mom and my cousin are coming up for a few days, I am looking forward to it! Should be FUN!!

Happy day everyone!

Leanne
CW 124

Hotsplashes
04-16-2005, 10:07 AM
Good Morning everyone!! Glad to see everyone posting! Good Girl Michele!! WOOHOOO FOR YOU!!!!!! I will be joining Michelle and Tulip on starting my challenge over again. I got on the scales in the morning yesterday instead of posting here..no gain, no loss...so I will take tht as a good sign. So back to the beginning...day 1 of 7!!! I find if I post here before work...i don't have enuff time to step on teh scales!! We can do it this time ladies!!

Leanne and Tulip!! Where would I be without my veteran Scalers!! You guys are just the best support team!! By the way Tulip...how much is 5 stone in pounds?

Have a great day ladies...off to work for a 12 hour shift

Tulip-Fairy
04-17-2005, 10:51 AM
I've just tried to reply and was told that i did not have permission to reply in this thread.....oh my, my world stopped (be it only for a sec. or two!). Hubby has been doing some housekeeping on the pc and emptied the cookies / history folders...think that may have done it. Finaly, after re-entering my details they let me in...YAHHHHH!!

Well girls i did it, i haven't weighted myself today....and i'm soooo pleased! However i did eat TWO peices of chocolate brownie yesterday, so it's probably a good idea that i DONT step on them!!

Leanne, it's was money well spent, and you get to repay them evey time you smile. Have a good time with your visitors...but don't eat too much cake when sitting around drinking coffee!!! :dizzy:

Splashes - 5 stone is 70lbs (14lbs in a stone!!) [sorry, i forgot you lot on that side of the pond don't 'do' stones] well done for not stepping on the scales also...can we make it 2 days??? I'll tell you tomorrow.

Hi everyone else.....you haven't posted over the weekend, so hopefully it's coz your all out in the sunshine doing loads of exersice, and not stood in the confinds of a dark and dingy bathroom jumping on and off your scales....leanne - I've told you before, it's doesn't count as exersice!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've managed to post my before and after photos, plus a recent one in members gallery..thanks for the tip leanne, i didn't know that part exsisited in 3 fat chicks..it was great to see how many people have changed the way they looked JUST by healthy living!! WOW it was inspirational!!

Well hope you all have a great Sunday...see you on monday. I should be around more next week as i'm on a first aid course through work, No night time shifts for a whole week...woohoo!! :cool:

1/7 days without my scales :cool:

C Ya!
Tulip

Hotsplashes
04-17-2005, 08:09 PM
Ok! 2 days no weighing...eating has been pitiful...been a stressful few days...So I have to agree with Tulip and say it's a good thing I DIDN'T get on the scales! Tomorrow will be day number 3. weather is awesome here and been doing alot of house work inside and out...hope everyone has a great weekend! See you all on Monday!!

michellejy
04-18-2005, 10:22 AM
Oops... got on the scale today. I guess the only positive thing was that it wasn't after my usual ritual of making sure I use the bathroom first, etc. I spent the weekend at my parents, and I was worried about how much damage I did to myself there! :lol:

Hotsplashes
04-19-2005, 01:27 AM
Don't worry Michelle! You can join me in my "start again" plan!lol I like your new ticker...very pretty! And hay...look only 3lbs to go!! You can do it!!

Hay Ladies? Where are the rest of you??? KTNA? Soccer? Anyone???lol

See everyone on Tuesday!!!

Hotsplashes
04-19-2005, 10:30 AM
Morning everyone! Just wanted to be up and about before anyone else got on so I could say "NO STEPPING ON THE SCALES TODAY LADIES!!!" So be good and stay off those scales! Let's keep this challenge up! No scales till Friday!!

See everyone later!!!!

KTna
04-19-2005, 01:06 PM
Hey everyone.
I just can't seem to stay off the scale this week. My husband started a diet last week, and has been telling me nearly every day how much he lost, so I can't resist seeing if I lost anything. He lost 4 lbs so far, and I havent lost an ounce.
Oh well. I know it's easier for men and easier in the beginning. I will try to stay off the scale til Friday.
Hope everyone is good! Great job staying off those scales!

Flower Fan 86
04-19-2005, 03:31 PM
Hello!

I just had to post. I am so addicted to the scale! Nobody in my family knows that I own one. I keep it hidden in the closet and take it out when I am alone or when everybody is doing something and I can sneak it out and weigh myself. I guess that I do not want my family to know how much I weigh. If they knew that I had it my husband would want to know what I weigh.
Is that weird? I have been thinking about the scale all day. (That and food!) My weight has stayed the same for months. I am stuck and have tried everything that I can think of to get it going.

KTna
04-19-2005, 05:23 PM
I never let anyone see me weigh in either. My husband seems to really just not care what I weigh, I make such a big deal about hiding the number from everyone - but I think being secretive about your weight is normal.
Some people don't mind telling their number. I found it hard to show the number even on the boards here, but it was really liberating, and I'm glad I did!

michellejy
04-19-2005, 07:18 PM
Hotsplashes- I've pretty much had that same 3 pounds to lose all month. I just can't seem to get my act together so it's a good thing I set a low goal. :lol:

I don't think I weighted myself today. At least if I did, I slept through it and don't remember. I guess that counts, right? :D

Hotsplashes
04-19-2005, 11:09 PM
Welcome Flower!! Ahh the dreaded "hide the scale" syndrome...i did that too until the bf found it....then it was "How much do you weigh?" "See i weigh this!"...Glad you joined us! Hope to see you as a regular here!

KTNA!! Yes Men lose easier...and as for HUbby's 4lbs...its' only water weight...he'll slow down soon enough and be as frustrated as the rest of us are when the scales don't move fast enuff! And you are right...it is very liberating to be able to put your numbers out there!

Michelle! How ya doin? I'm a Michele too but with one L..as for losing those same three pounds...just change something a bit...cut down on something...up the walking or something...you'll lose it!

Hay ladies...if you are stuck on a plateau...you need to down the calories and up the exercise...that's the only way you'll get off that plateau...easiest way to do it...cut out bread and white pasta and sugar...the pounds will melt away....and you really gotta read labels when it comes to avoiding things with processed white flour and sugar...it's everywhere!!!!!!

So see everyone tomorrow morning! Have a great evning!

KTna
04-20-2005, 09:56 AM
Stayed off the scale today!

Wow, it was hard!

I find if I get right in the shower without stepping on, then I am not tempted for the rest of the day.

Tulip-Fairy
04-20-2005, 03:44 PM
Good afternoon ladies!!! :wave:

Sorry I missed yesterday, :( i was sooooo tired last night that i came in, ate dinner and had a really early night. I have a 16 year old and a 13 year old who are both fighting over pc's as one is doing her final exams the other her mid year ones......ooohhh the stress in here is to bursting point......so i don't try to compete for pc space these days, it's only until July (ohhhh). so at the moment one is in the shower the other watching some TV.....so i thought i'd drop in and say hi! ;)

Tuesday i didn't get on the scales, yay-hay 2/7 without my scales.......KTna i think you have a point there, if i jump in the shower i don't jump on the scales....(do you know how much wet hair weighs???? :rofl: the thing is though that coz i didn't weigh myself, my eating was terrible...way tooo much chocolate...I'm sure it's linked...today i jumped out of bed and straight on to my scales......before i could even think about it.....ahhhhhhhhhhhhh back to 0/7 again. BUT it was 1 lb down.....121 yehhhhhhhhhhhh!! it was sooooooo worth it!
So I'm with you HS & KTna at 0/7 again :lol:

Hi Flower, that all seems pretty normal behaviour to me, before my hubby started to lose weight, i NEVER EVER weighed myself infront of him. :o But now we do it together!!! :p

Well hope youve had a good Wednesday (your probably still having it, what with the time difference and all!)

See you thursday...don't forget, no scales and plenty of healthy food! :smug:

Hotsplashes
04-20-2005, 08:34 PM
Yayyyy for KTNA!! YAYYY for Tulip!!! I NEVER get on the scale after a shower or bath...like Tulip said...think how much wet hair weighs!! I also have this theory that my body has some how absorbed at least 1/2 the water I've washed with thru my pores!lol so of course I fear this 10lb weight gain just due to soaked up water!lol

No scales for me today and great eating! lots of walking...hurting today tho..so just gonna take it easy tonite...

Hope to see everyone on Thursday!!!

LeanneM83
04-20-2005, 09:10 PM
Hey ladies

Oh, I am still a scale addict...BUT, I have only weighed myself ONCE each day for the past 2 days yay..small victory...and my weight is still Grrrrrreat!

On the weekend, I went out with my mom and cousin for a few drinks...as I got home worrying about gaining weight from the drinks...lol, I ended up getting sick and throwing up everything I ate that day...ew...but now I remember why I only drink once a year (usually my bday though)....so that is yet another victory, realizing I am not a spring chicken anymore ( I am 26)...lol, but I did enjoy getting all dressed up to go somewhere that had no KIDS...yay...
Alright enough from this scale addict...

Leanne :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

KTna
04-21-2005, 09:24 AM
2/7!!!!!!!!
I can't even believe I was able to stay off the scale a second day in a row!

I do plan on a weigh in tomorrow.
Hopefully I will go 7/7 next week.

Hotsplashes
04-21-2005, 10:33 AM
ok!! Day six and no scale! YAYYYYYYYYYY...one more day to go...but I think I might try to extend my weigh in till next friday...I'm going to an olympic record!

YAYYY for KTNA!! DAY2~~~~ WOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!! Keep up the great work..hay tomorrow will have been your third day...so think of the last few days as a trial run to get you prepared for next week! Always try to find the positive!!

Leanne! Old at 26?lol Hmm I must be Methusela! Jump on board with us for the "no scale for a week" challenge!!!

OK everyone...I'm off to work...take care and seen you all tonite!!

Tulip-Fairy
04-21-2005, 03:44 PM
Good Evening ladies!

I'm sorry.........i failed...........jumped on and seen the numbers.........was going to tell a big fat fib and say i'd kept off them......but my mummy always told me not to tell fibs. SORRY!!!

Back to 0/7 for me...bettter luck next week!!! It's not as easy as it looks for a committed scales addict like me!

eating hasn't been too bad today, however my hubby is takng me out for an indian and a few beers tonight............I will try to pick the healthy choice and limit myself to one or two drinks!! promise!!!

Hope your Thursday has gone well

Tulip
-x-

LeanneM83
04-21-2005, 08:41 PM
Tulip, that is sooooo cornation street to go for 2 beers...lol....thanks for clarifying the whole "stone" bit, I was soooo confused. I have heard that word used many times and had NO idea what measurement it meant...duh me eh?? Sorry to hear the scale got to ya...maybe if we put a shirt over it, like out of sight out of mind, you think that might work?? I am still not able to pass my scale without it literally BITING my ankles and DRAGGING me over to it...darn thing keeps getting stronger....hahaha- joking!

Happy Thursday to everyone!

Leanne
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-retro6/slider-cheer/lb/204/124/124/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

Hotsplashes
04-21-2005, 10:05 PM
Just a quick pop in ladies! Going for an Indian?lol What do you eat first the head or the feet? Kinda like eating choclate easter bunnies? LOl and yes soooo Coronation street..I love that show...been watching it for like 20 years or so now...no scale for me today!! Gonna go have supper then off to bed after CSI!!

See everyone in the morning!!

Tulip-Fairy
04-22-2005, 05:07 PM
Oh noooooo....you get coronation street?? that is sooooo bad, the only time i watched it was when i was at home and my mam used to have it on!!! Please don't think we are all like that...although we do go out for a few beers!!! :lol: :lol: I am from the North East of the country..coronation steet is more my hubbies families county! do you get east enders?? that is set in the london area, again NOT a true representation of the people in london!!

Don't worry about not knowing about stones, there's only england that still work in 'stones'...we're a bit strange over here!! lol

Leanne i can't just hide my scales as they call out to me where ever i have hidden them!!! they knock on the door of my airing cupboard if i lock them in there!! if i put them in the girls bathroom, they call out to me as i pass their door on the landing!!! ooohhh it's awfull!!! I've tried everything but it JUST DOESN'T work!!!!! :mad: :mad:

Hiya Splashes, again an English saying...going for an Indian a bit like going for a Chinese....the meal not the person...it's very English..keep forgetting your the otherside of the pond!! sorry!! :o It was delish tho- popadums, onion barji, Lamb fry, lemon rice, nepalesean vegtables, peshwari nann and 2 Indian kingfisher beers.......mmmmmmmmmmmmmm it was fantastic!!!!! Hence...I haven't gone ANYWHERE near my scales so it's a 1/7 for me (today!!!)

Hope everyone is having a great Friday night...I have a mega sleep over going on at the moment...my three girls and 4 others to add to my numbers..they have all made pizza's for tea and enjoyed a chocolate and fruit fondu!!! Messy but soooooooooo scrummy!!

Way too much talk of food on this tonight...sorry!

C Y all tomorrow!
Tulip
-x-

LeanneM83
04-22-2005, 07:41 PM
Tulip- hahaha, you make me laugh...my mom and her family are from England (Manchester I think) andI know Corrie street is not a true representation of the English people as a whole...lol...but my mom used to watch it while I lived at home and now I do-aaaaaaaaaaaaarg. Although, I do have an uncle who is living in England, over 50, balding, gross and comes over here and thinks he can get hot chicks that are my age (26) or younger....(that is soooo Les battersby...hahahaha)...anywho, watch out for him eh? (you can spot him a MILE away)....he is the MALE equivilent to ladies here that are older and seek out younger men, they are called COUGARS....lol...sorry this is such a silly post....on the un-silly side, I RAN 10 KM today.......YAY ME!!@ So, needless to say I am exhausted and apparently delirious......aaha ahah

Okay, Happy Friday to all (my fav show, "what not to wear" is on tonight)

Leanne

Hotsplashes
04-23-2005, 09:56 AM
Wow we go from choclate fondue to running a 10k!!! What a diverse bunch we have here! No scales yesterday or today....so today is day8 for me I think? I'll have to go back and look!Lol...On the good side...2 people told me i look like I've been losing weight...maybe it's because I'm wearing baggy clothes this week?

WEll...prolly won't see everyone until tomorrow nite or Monday...Have a great weekend...Hope the sleepover went well, Tulip...Leanne, Hope your legs and feet don't hurt today! Take some time off and and relax today...let hubby play mom today!

LeanneM83
04-23-2005, 10:07 AM
HS- lol, if only Hubby COULD play mommy...seems like my boys are sick, they keep coughing and sneezing...I am hoping I can nip it in the bud before we ALL get sick....*fingers crossed*
Otherwise I am RELAXING today, I am not too sore or not NEARLY as sore as I thought I would be....but I did step on the scale this morning and I still love it...Im not down but I am not Up either- good scale-y...

Happy Weekend to everyone!

Leanne

Flower Fan 86
04-23-2005, 11:13 AM
Hello
Stayed off the scale for three days. Got on this morning and it is up two pounds.

Been a little depressed. The lady that cuts my hair is having some health problems and it looks like she is going to retire. So I went into the barber shop to get a trim. My hair is short and I figure they deal with short hair.

Well, as I am sitting in there the old guy getting his hair cut starts chatting with me. We live in a small town and everyone knows everyone.
HE says "Gosh you sure have put on the weight! You used to be skinny."
Made me feel like crap. I am in a size 10/12 pants. I understand that I used to wear a six, but do people have to say it out loud?
I walked out of there as if the whole world was watching me. Went home and ate ate ate. That is why the scale is up.

My Nana is turning 87 on Sunday. My girls and I are driving over to see her. (she lives two hours away) Will have to wear the one outfit that I own that I look good in. She ALWAYS makes a comment about how much I have gained. To be honest, I do not go and see her as often as I should because of that.

Thanks for letting me complain.

michellejy
04-23-2005, 11:36 AM
I haven't managed to stay away from the scale lately- mainly because I've been eating like mad and I wanted to see how much damage I've done to myself between the snacking and not exercising. Yeah, the better use of my time would be to avoid the scale and fridge and exercise instead, but that just wasn't happening lately. I still have this stupid cold that is kicking my butt.

Flower Fan- I've never understood what it is that makes a lot of the older generation think it's acceptable to be rude like that. My mom's aunt used to comment about how she looked so "comfortable" all of the time. One of the most recent times I saw my grandma, she made the comment that I used to look so much like my aunt before I put on so much weight. You aren't losing weight for them though; you are doing it for yourself. At least you are making the effort to make a change. Plus, you still kept your manners and didn't say "Gosh, you sure have turned into an old hag! You used to look a lot younger." ;)

Tulip-Fairy
04-23-2005, 03:23 PM
Hi all
I made it through the sleepover....didn't get to sleep til well after midnight...yawnnnnn!!! sugar levels went through the roof as snacks were pulled out of sleepover bags....the dentist will not be very pleased.

I didn't get on the scales this morning.....something to do wiht the sugar from last night and being too tired to care!! lol so that's a 2/7 for me!! yayy

Leanne - glad your resting and don't feel too bad after all your exersice yesterday. Hope the children feel better soon!

Flower don't listen to people who comment about your weight...there just being rude, there is sooo much more to a person than the number they show on the scales. It's a shame people can't see past that! Although with Michele's comments ringing in my head i would have probably come back with a rude comment myself...either the old hag one or a polite, "gosh how rude of you to comment on something so personal" or one i have used before, "yes i have put on weight but luckily my thick skin and broad shoulders haven't been effected!!!"

Michele - hopefully you will feel better soon and get your eating back on track...i hate having a cold, it makes everything look yucky...get well soon and you'll soon pick up!

I'm off to work soon, so i will try to pop back in tommorrow!!
bye
Tulip
-x-

Hotsplashes
04-24-2005, 03:03 PM
Flower...We all know where you are coming from...it's like when I went to my grandfather's 85th birthday party and right in front of the whole family he says, "Boy! are you ever fat!!!" and that's when I was only 155lbs...and hay! Size 10/12 is the average size of the average North American woman! I WISH I was in a size a 10/12...and likeMichelle said...you were the BETTER person and kept your manners!! At my granddad's bday party i turned around and said.."Yah so did you!"I'm an emotional eater too so you had every right to soothe your hurt with food! Keep posting with us Flower!!

Michelle! I hope you get better soon...have you been checked for allergies? And you are Soooo right in your advice to Flower...about being the Better Person and keeping manners....plus we are all making the effort to change!! I love your positive attitude!! I am soo glad you joined us here! Keep up the good work on staying off the scale!!

Leanne, You are like me!! Not up, not down!! This is a good thing..I fell off the scale wagon last nite when I got home from work...still sitting at 178...so no gain is a good gain!lol Hope the kids are feeling better!! You need to tell me how you got motivated to run...I REALLY want to start running...just no motivation..and of course not sure if the doctor will be really happy if i did with the hip and all...but it seems more exercise makes it feel better...let me in on your secrets!!

Tulip! LOL Glad you Survived!! and 2 days in a row off the scale!! WOOHOOO!!! Glad everyone had fun at the sleep over...and THANKS for sharing that wonderful come back for nasty comments!! Thick skin and broad shoulder women unite!! WOOHOO!! We are Women!!! Hear us ROARRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to enjoy my weekend this time ladies...no work for me...just relax and some laundry...and that is it...take care and see everyone tomorrow!!!

Tulip-Fairy
04-24-2005, 04:50 PM
Hi
Sunday is nearly over...hope it was a good one! I didn't get on the scales today....woohoo!! 3/7 for me!!!

Eating hasn't been too good tho....better tommorrow, i promise!!

KTna
04-25-2005, 09:47 AM
I got on the scale every day this weekend, and this morning. It was a very chaotic weekend for eating (Bridal shower Sat, Christening Sun), so I understand why the scale is a little erratic. It wasn't that I ate too much I don't think, but more that I didn't eat enough, or at the right time, so I figure I need to give it a few days.

I'm not getting back on until Friday.

Hope everyone had a great weekend, wish it was LONGER!

LeanneM83
04-25-2005, 10:00 AM
Hotsplashes- here is the trick to running....JUST DO IT, but tell EVERYONE...this way you have extra motivation to go out and run because you told everyone you would...lol, PLUS if enough people ask you about it and you havent run it makes you accountable for saying you were going to and you didnt...lol....But firstly, start small and work with what your body will handle....the BEST thing about running is it is a total body workout and very satisfying once you have finished a run no matter how far.
I have set a goal to run a 10km race in ottawa on May 27th/05 so now my in-laws are planning to come up so they, my hubby and my kids can all be at the finish line waiting for me- that is MY motivation now. I am also planning to do the Fallsview Casino run/half marathon October 23rd it is from fort erie (down the street from my parents house) to the falls...SO long story short, now that I have said I am going to do all this I HAVE TO, and the only way I CAN is to get my butt out there and train for it!
OK...enough from me for now eh??
Happy monday everyone...I will run today I'll post later and tell ya how it went...(today is my "short run: day...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah)

Leanne
cw 124

Hotsplashes
04-25-2005, 01:22 PM
YAYYY for Tulip!!! Good going on not stepping the scale!!! I have started today with new Stay Off The Scale Challenge!! Sooo Day 1/7 because I'm not going to get on until Sunday!!

KTN yes our scales can wreak havoc on us!! even if you eat less for like 3 days...you can still weigh more because your body retains the water...Dont'cha just hate water retention!!! But I'm on the Challenge with you this week! Can't wait to hear your news on Friday!!

Leanne!! AMAZING!! The Casina run!!! I'll have to come down and watch and cheer you on!!! How logical is your advice?? SOoooo Totally Logical...if you tell everyone...you have to be accountable!!! I think that is perfect! I will do that! So now I just have to contact everyone and tell them!lol Of course I'm starting out walking due to the hip injury...but it's a step in the right direction...no pun intended...Have fun on your Short Run!@!!!

KTna
04-25-2005, 03:21 PM
Why does that number on the scale consume us? I keep telling myself that I will win over it in the end. Both the preoccupation with it, as well as getting it where I want it.
We can overcome it together, I think these challenges are a great way to start to take control over it.

Do you think running is any better than walking? Is there a benefit? I have been starting to jog a bit while I walk, so far so good - but I am not going any further distance. I know that you can get your heart rate up higher with the running for more fat burning, but should I be going a further distance, longer time also?

I currently do 1.5-2 miles a day during the week & sometimes 0-3 miles on the weekend.

1/7 Scale Free Days!

Hotsplashes
04-25-2005, 10:47 PM
Hay KTN!! When I used to run before the weightgain...what i did was walked/jogged the same distance every nite...just gradually added more jogging than walking...then once I found I was jogging the whole way and not getting tired...i upped the distance by a half a block or a block...just like weightlifting...once you can do all your reps at a certain weight without feeling the burn...time to move up a few pounds! And yes you are right...I too feel these challenges are giving more control over my obsession with the scale!! Keep up the great work KT!!

Tulip-Fairy
04-26-2005, 08:18 AM
Morning Ktna and Leanne..and everyone else who will pop in after me!!

I Jumped on the scales this morning and i'm still the same!!! (Better than a gain!) I'll try not to weigh again until Friday...but i can't promise as i'll only break it...I'm soooo weak when it comes to the scales.

Leanne -Setting yourself a goal is always good...you seem to really be enjoying all this running. I am getting a little like that with walking. Me and my family have entered a walkathon in june it is a total of 25 miles (about 40Kms) Last year we finished about half of it with hubby and oldest DD doing a little over the half way mark. This year we are hoping to do better. It is a sponsored event for our local children's hospitial, it raised 50k last year (no idea what that is in your money!!) So we are starting to walk more in preparation. I did 9 miles on Friday, legs were a bit sore on Saturday but it will get better.

Ktna - Sounds like you had a fun but busy weekend - focus on getting to friday without weighing in and sticking to your eating plan...good luck!

Tulip-Fairy
04-26-2005, 08:23 AM
Woops!

My mail came after page 7...making very little sense (no change there then!!!) Sorry!

0/7 scale free days :-(

Hotsplashes
04-26-2005, 09:21 AM
Good morning everyone! Tis 8:30 am here..or close to it...no scales today! YAYYYYY So day1/7...See everyone later tonite!!!

KTna
04-26-2005, 09:32 AM
Another day without the scale.
And my pants feel loose, so I guess it doesn't matter what the scale says.

2/7!

LeanneM83
04-26-2005, 09:54 AM
Good Morning ladies

Well, I must say for some reason I couldnt stay off the scale this morning but HOLY MOLY, it told me I was 123.4- what?? lol, I weighed myself three times after that and it still said the same thing woo hoo!!
Yes, I am really enjoying the running- I started out by doing 1 block at a time, which was a test of my strength but also my confidence as I live on an army base and having people see me run when I was 200lbs seemed to motivate me more and more to lose weight. Now, I dont mind if people see me- chances are they are at home sitting on their couches eating fast food...hahahah......yup, 1 block at a time...thats the great thing about running you can run, walk, run, walk...and you really only get better and better at it...
Tulip- that is awesome about the walkathon, and yes whether you finish or not it is a great example to set for your children. (as well as great exercise eh?)Good luck with the walking, yeah a little pain in the legs is very worth it in the end.

I was hoping that the "ronald macdonald house" charities would have some sort of walk or run this year and I would totally do it, as my hubby and I stayed at a RMH when I had my oldest son- worthwhile cause for me. Every year the hosp he was at has their mothers day telethon and we always donate in his name but I would also like something he can share in and DO every year...maybe when he is older he can create his own or something.

Hotsplashes- Yes, I am very excited for the casino run, I will be doing the hal;f-marathon which is 13.1km...funny though that it starts on the parkway right by my parents house...so they can watch from the front lawn...hahah, in their lawn chairs or lazyboys. But yes, telling everyone seems to work well...you'll do great, and overcome your hip injury...!!! You can do it!

KTNA- Congrats on staying off your scale, sometimes scales dont reflect the inches we lose and the fact that our clothes are getting bigger on us, what a great feeling eh??

Speaking of Big, lol, I am off to buy new bras today...arg...shrinkage...guess it is time for a push-up bra, gravity seems to have taken over...i've gotta fight it!

So sorry I am babbling on and on and on and on and on..lol
Happy Tuesday ladies!

Leanne
CW 123.4.........what?? thats awesome!

KTna
04-26-2005, 10:05 AM
Wow, 123.4! That is AWESOME!

Leanne, I totally have shrinkage, too! My husband is so upset about it. I was 36DD, now 34C...I am happy about a smaller size cause it is so much easier to find it. It is time for the pushup bra for me as well I think. ;)

Flower Fan 86
04-26-2005, 10:19 AM
Thank you all for the kind words! You all have made me feel welcome and I appreciate it!

Have lots of stuff to do today. I need to get some outside work done today. The goat pens need cleaning out and I have got to start working on my garden. Going to use T-Posts to stake my tomatoes this year. They alone will take up 1/4 of an acre. This year I would like to make a profit with my garden. God knows I could use the money.

Hotsplashes, Leanne is right, if you tell everyone that you are going to do it then you will be more likely to do it.

Need to go and get the girls up for school. Have a great day everyone!

LeanneM83
04-26-2005, 03:36 PM
lol....I tried on bras today, I was so discouraged apparently none of them push UP enough, going to have to wait until I can out of town to a GOOD place to buy bra's, I love being a 34C now...although sometimes I miss the bond I had with the "old girls"...we have almost NOTHING here in town...lol...but, on a brighter note, I tried on a skirt that was a size 6 and it was BIG ON ME...YAY

Leanne!

KTna
04-26-2005, 04:49 PM
Congratulations! You will find a good bra, keep looking.
I was worried about finding a bra for a wedding I'm in - I needed a good strapless, and after looking for a few weeks I found one that works. Now I just need to get shoes - but at least I know my shoe size won't have changed.

Hotsplashes
04-27-2005, 12:32 AM
What a great bunch of posts today! I'll let you ladies know one thing...even fake boobies sag..I am living proof...36C before my weight gain...40C at top weight..dowon to about 38C right now..but yes the old fakies are sagging somewhat...kinda scary...my doctor says that will change when i get back into shape...he also told me to keep wearing my sportbras!lol All this talk of bras!!lol

On the down side...i fell off the food wagon..but i didn't land on the scales...we got a company wide memo today saying that they will be cutting our hours down for an indeterminant amount of time....sooooo off to the store I went after work and bought a HUGE bag of BBQ chips..ate almost all of them...feel horrible physically...feel better emotionally..how bad is that when you look at an empty bag of chips and pretend it is your bosses and say "Ha...so there...see! I ate that whole bag of chips...SO THERE!!" very pathetic...I think I really should turn that negativeness? towards walking and running!!!!

FLOWER YOU HAVE GOATS!! I LOVE GOATS!~!! Had a nubian female named Daisy!! Always gave me triplets when I bred her to a pygmy!!

See everyone tomorrow

KTna
04-27-2005, 09:51 AM
Day 3/7!
I actually feel liberated, I thought it would be really hard to stay off the scale but it has been ok this week. I think I might make it the full 7 days!

Hotsplashes - so sorry to hear about your loss of hours at work. But I think you have the right idea about turning it into a workout session instead. Get some of your favorite angry music and work it!

LeanneM83
04-27-2005, 03:40 PM
yay...I found 2 bras today...lol...they are both push up bras too....lmao...oh well, whatever keeps the girls "up there" where they should be. One is one of those 5 in 1 bras where the straps move about...lol, and the other has those see through straps...OMG, I MAY actually be able to wear something with small straps OMG- has never happened before!

Congrats KTNA on staying off your scale...I was in a wedding new years eve...the dress I had WAS strapless but then my body would NOT handle a strapless bra comfortably, so I had this lady alter the dress AND make straps for it...lol

HS- fake boobies...lol...I had no idea they "sagged" too...actually kind of makes me feel better about these cow utter looking things I have....ha ha..

Happy Day all!

Leanne

Tulip-Fairy
04-28-2005, 10:04 AM
:mad: 0/7 AGAIN!!! I keep forgetting, it's not a conscious decision to step on them, it's just habit, I'm on there before i have time to think...I'm going to move them so i'll remember that i shouldn't step on when i have to remember where i put them...does that make sense??? :?: :dizzy: LOL KTna - well done for keeping off the scales...you go girl...make it to the end of the week!

What's all this talk about saggy boobs??? I wish i had enought to sag....i don't even fill a 34B even at my heaviest my bra was still half empty!! :lol: Glad you managed to find a couple of bras you like leanne...I have one on those 5 way ones, they are really useful, especially in summer with all the different neck lines in t-shirts and dresses! Leanne, i too was pleased to hear fake ones droop too....see there is some justice in the world!! :D Well done on the 123.4lbs!!! :)

Flower - A 1/4 ACRE???? WOW That's a lot of tomatoes, why a T stake, what's the difference / benifit from using them to ordinary ones?? I am growing vegtables for the first time this year. my youngest DD has decided she is going to be a lady farmer when she grows up, so she asked if we could grow some potatoes. We have broad beans, radishes, cougettes, leeks & potatoes growing, wiht lettuces and tomatoes going in soon. i feel quite green fingered at the moment, all is going well and she is very keen watering and weeding etc... but it's all on a small scale....what other things do you grow??

HS - What do you expect with an empty bag of tater chips??? after all you are the queen!! I hope your back on the wagon today - no more chips....otherwise you won't want to run!!! :nono:

Have a good day everyone!
Tulip
-x- :cb:

KTna
04-28-2005, 10:19 AM
4/7!
Holy crow I never thought I could stay off the scale this long.
I had a pretty bad debate with myself over it this morning, but I won in the end.
Now I'm wondering if I should stay off til Monday and really make it the whole week, Imagine, 7/7! The only thing keeping me sane right now is that my pants are loose.

Tulip-Fairy
04-28-2005, 04:58 PM
4/7 way to go KTna....oohhh i wish i had your will power!!! I'm gonna try really hard tomorrow morning!

LeanneM83
04-28-2005, 06:09 PM
Im with Tulip...I admire your willpower...I have willpower for so many things unfortuantely staying off the scale is not one of them!

Leanne

Flower Fan 86
04-29-2005, 12:43 AM
Hello!

Boy this boob talk makes me feel better. I was thinking that I was the only one that could not find a good bra. As my Nana would say "Women in our family have deflated bags of marbles". I have one that is a 36DD and one that is a 36D. If they have to sag couldn't they just do it evenly?

Tulip, It is a T-Post that I am using. I have very rocky ground and I have to use a post driver. They are the type of posts that use for fencing. I then will run wires accross and tie the tomatoes up on the wire as they grow. I grow tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, zucchini, and watermelons. Take them to the local farmers market. Think I have found an in at one of the local groceries as well. Have some other odds and ends of stuff that I grow just for us to eat.
I love it when my youngest wants to help. She is going to be ten on Mothers Day. How old is your daughter?

I got on the scale today. It said that I had dropped one pound. I do not know how to change my tracker. Not going to worry about it untill the scale tells me that more than once.

Have a good night everyone!

LeanneM83
04-29-2005, 01:19 PM
Happy Friday!

Well, I ran 10km today......YAY YAY YAY lol, it took me 74 minutes and let me tell you, I wont be working out tomorrow- I am already sore...but, it was soooo worth it!
Lol, sorry to make everyone start thinking about their boobs, I was just both shocked and thrilled to get a push up bra, that put the girls back in place...haha I've never before been able to wear sexy spag strap tops because Id have these HUUUUUUUUGE bras on...lol

Okay, I am off to take a hot bath and soak my muscles a bit..sorry all I stepped on the scale again today, BUT I must say hubby moved it to the other side of the room and I almost forgot to weigh myself this morning...

Leanne

michellejy
04-29-2005, 08:22 PM
I don't think I weighed myself today. If I did, I forgot about it. (I swear, it really is like sleepwalking to the scale in the morning!) I'm not staying off of it enough, but any time it isn't several times throughout the day is good for me :lol: It's scary that less than a year ago I didn't own a scale and now I'm and addict :o

The sagging boobs talk made me laugh. I have a nightmare time finding a bra that fits so I usually either end up buying whatever I can find in the store and spilling over the top or else ordering bras to be shipped over from England. *sigh* Even when I was at my lowest weight ever in high school, I wore a DDD. Now it's a G. You'd think with all of the plastic surgery in this country someone would carry bras that big, but I'm starting to feel like the only one cursed with this size naturally. :lol:

Hotsplashes
04-30-2005, 02:13 AM
YAYYYY for everyone posting!!! Sorry I've missed you all...had a bad day with the hip...then issues at work...suddenly they want me for OT...i can't win forlosing? But the good news I've stayed away from the scale...bad new it's ToM and I am dreading the sunday weigh in with all that water bloating!!

See everyong tomorrow nite!!

Hotsplashes
04-30-2005, 11:02 PM
ok...worked a long shift again...it sucked...but at least i'm getting overtime when they told us they were cutting hours...gooooo figger...don't wanna step on the scales tomorrow..for fear of water gain and high weighins...soooo maybe I'll wait till next sunday...anyone think I can go 14 days in a row?lol

See everyone tomorronite!!

Tulip-Fairy
05-01-2005, 12:13 PM
14 days without weighing yourself splashes????.....NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL A CHALLENGE!!! I'd be happy with 1 out of 4!!! lol Although i didn't weigh on Friday, Saturday or today so that's a 3/7...which is my personal best!! Which looks pretty good until i tell you that i have been sooooo busy working nights, sleeping all morning then dashing around all afternoon that i haven't had time to stop and think about weighing myself so hopefully i will make it to 7 out of 7 this week.

Leanne - well done on your run...you sound as if your really enjoy yourself, i wish i could summonds that much enthusiasium for exersice. I always enjoy my walking, but only during or afterwards...never before that gives me the kick up the backside to do it more often!!! Hope you didn't suffer too much afterwards??!

HS - what job are you doing now?? you used to work with horses, but then my memory has you doing something in the restaurant trade, which was the same as me back last year. But didn't you ahve payrol problems at that place???

flower - my DD will be 10 on the 25th May - not sure when your mothers day is, (ours is in March) but our DD's are about the same age! Your market garden sounds great...i know where to come for advice from now on. You seem to be growning the same type of stuff as me...only MORE!!!! My courgettes (zucchini) are growing wild at the moment, i have to wait a few more weeks before i can plant them out - i don't have a green house so i have them on all the window ledges around the house...hubby is non to pleased!!! ;-( If you need to change your tracker, go into user CP at the top of the page, it can be accessed from that page (I think!!)

Michelle - I think i am guilty of sleepwalking to the scales as well, sometimes i;m on there before it has registered what i am doing....IT'S DEFINATLEY A HABIT!! Have you tried the internet for underwear for the larger chested lady??? try www.figleaves.com they have loads of pages of pretty underwear from DD+ right up to JJ - it's worth a look!!

Well i hope your all enjoying oyur Sunday...it's a bank holiday over here so we get Monday off work / school as well and finaly the sun is shining, so it's a lazy afternoon in the garden for us (until i have to go to work this evening!! :( )

Tulip :cool:

Hotsplashes
05-02-2005, 01:07 AM
just a quick buzz to say I fell onto the scale, fellow addicts...went a full 7 days tho///so it's back to 0/1 for me...but once I was on the scale...I haven't gained...haven't lost...and it IS ToM...so I'm hoping when it's done....the water gain will go away leaving a few pounds down!!

See everyone on Monday!!

KTna
05-02-2005, 10:13 AM
Hey all, hope you had a great weekend.
I was able to stay off the scale 5/7 last week. Got on over the weekend, and saw the first loss all month. (1.5 lbs)
This week I'll stay off until Sunday, a full 7/7.
Crazy weekend again, bachelorette party...eating out...etc.
It is really good to be back at work to start over a new week, and get back into a routine.

michellejy
05-02-2005, 10:15 AM
Tulip- I knew you had a different date for Mother's Day, but I didn't know when it was. My husband is from England, and his family still lives there, but he tends to forget holidays and important dates (normal, since he is a boy :lol: ). Last year, he sent his mom a gift in May and wished her "Happy American Mother's Day." He's just hopeless :D

Thanks for the link. I'll have to check that out. Maybe one day I'll be able to go into a store and buy a bra, but for now, even having a few options of where to shop is a good thing :) I went to Victoria's Secret once, and the crazy saleswoman asked me what size bra I wear, I told her, and she just burst out laughing (no, I didn't smack her, but I was tempted.) Then she went into her sales speech and took measurements in the middle of the floor over all of my clothes and insisting I wore a DD (since that is the largest size they carry at the store). Now, I know that I haven't been a DD since I was about 16, but I humored her since I'd love to be able to actually go into a store and buy a bra that fits. I tried on the size she insisted I must be, and of course, I was spilling over the top and out of the bottom. I guess there are some benefits to not needing to deal with the crazy VS sales ladies. :lol:

LeanneM83
05-02-2005, 02:43 PM
well today is day 1 for me, no not a diet, exercise or scaling (lol, I cant stay off mine) but day 1 of being home ALONE with the kids all day- YES, hubby has gone back to work...needless to say, it HAD to rain today and be all MUDDY out when I took cam to school (pre-school) and it was partially snowing (UGH!!) SI FAR WHAT A DAY...wow, venting made me feel so much better right now...aw, thanks!

My scale loves me too much ...this morning it said 122.4 ...I think someone may have moved it or something....or it was feeling bad for me...lol, who knows- I gave it a hug though.

Hotsplashes- sorry to hear you are working so hard, but sounds promising on a loss for ya!

Tulip- I had NO idea England had a different holiday than US...weird...I've been reading the "shopaholic" books by Sophie Kinsella, and all are set in England and the way she describes things makes it sound like another world....(but remember I live in the middle of no where right now-ha)

KT- lol, everything goes out the window at a bachelorette party, hope you had FUN FUN FUN!!

Ok, I am off to the gym to run when hubby gets home...nap time didnt last very long today so he can deal with them at "cranky before supper time"

Leanne

Hotsplashes
05-02-2005, 08:07 PM
SOunds like everyone had a busy week! Congrats on the loss KTN!! I am back on 1/7 myself so we'll work towards sunday together!! Leanne is with us too!lol Michelle...I hear ya about the VS sales people..they are all thin...they are all anorexic...have yet to meet one that is nice...odd huh? That's why I love my walliemart...if you ever want a trick on figgering out how bras fit...measure your ribcage right below your boobs...then measure your boobs...1 inch equals a cupsize... a half inch is a double...

See everyone tomorrow!

Flower Fan 86
05-03-2005, 09:47 AM
Hello everyone!

Did not step on the scale today!

This is going to be just a quick note. I have got to get outside today and do some work.

Hope all of you are well and will talk to ya soon!

Tulip-Fairy
05-03-2005, 02:28 PM
Happy Tuesday everyone!!

Stepped on the scales this morning...no loss...no gain! so no point doing it really??!
Back to 0/7 with the rest of you then! :dizzy:

leanne the Sophie Kinsella books are great, i think i've read nearly all of them. they are very English, now you come to mention it...as for another world...i'd probably think that about where you live too...unfamiliar is a bit strange at first. great place to live tho- I hope you managed the kiddies on your own, did you find a weenie bit scary b eing on your own wiht all three of them? I know i did at first with my third...you get used to it after a while!

HS thanks for the boobie measuring tip...I'm off to do a reading now...might tell you the final figure...depends on how bad it is!! :lol:

KTna - well done on your loss, even if you had to break your scales challenge to see it! :lol: Hope you enjoyed your party!

Michelle, you've probably told me where your DH's family are from..but do remind me...are they the ones from manchester?

flower - well done for not getting on the scales, how's your veggies doing? My broad beans are being attacked by slugs at the moment...do you know of a non chemical way of getting rid of them?? (I know it's not a weight / SAA topic, but it's nice to share our talents!!)

Be good everyone
Tulip

michellejy
05-03-2005, 02:31 PM
Tulip- I don't think I told you so you aren't senile like me :lol: My husband is originally from Birmingham. He's been living in the US for about 5 years, but the rest of his family is still in the UK.

LeanneM83
05-03-2005, 03:00 PM
Hey ladies...happy Tuesday...My scale still loves me...but I am literally DRAWN to it in the morning

Tulip- yes, you are right, when I lived in Western Canada it was like a COMPLETELY different world...I couldnt believe it when I saw people wearing cowboy hats at a dance club...not too many cowboys here in Ontario...( and NO DANCE CLUBS here where I live) I am not having to adjust too much to being alone with the kids....while hubby was on pat leave he would go to the gym and id be alone with them, so for the past month I have had him go at lunch/nap time and bed time so I could get the hang of it, and if I did have any problems I could just call the gym ( I never did though)...so far it seems to be going well..my house has never been cleaner...ive been a cleaning machine today..

Everyone, have a wonderfull day!

Leanne

Hotsplashes
05-04-2005, 12:50 AM
WoW all thsi gardening and cleaning!! I had to bring my plants in last nite because it got down to freezing...my fuscias are still gonig strong but my petunias were getting a bit peely wally...YAYYY for Flower!! GOod work on staying off the scale!! Day two for you and me!! We'll make till Sunday!!! Michelle how is your scale challenge going?? Leanne, 3 kids by yerself? Yer my new hero!! no wonder you lost all that wieght!Lol Tulip you already have beans in yer garden? Lucky you...i don't use chems in my gardens when I have them..saw this great show with my dad years ago..some guy who did all organic gardening..and you don't weed except the creepers...the ones tha will strangle the plants...i get double the produce and always tastes better and healthier too!! thank goodness for horsepoop!

KTna
05-04-2005, 09:52 AM
You guys are inspiring me to try to garden! I can imagine the satisfation of growing your own veggies, and I bet it even tastes better. hmmm...but where to start when you have no idea what to do?!?!
I stayed off the scale today, I think that makes 3/7 for me, holding off until Sunday.
The bachelorette party was fun - but way not my style! The bride likes wild and crazy stuff so I can't wait to get the pictures developed! ;)

michellejy
05-04-2005, 10:17 AM
I managed a couple of days off the scale, but I gave in to temptation today. I'd been snacking uncontrollably for the past couple of weeks so I got everything under control yesterday and checked the scale to see if it made a difference. Fortunately, it did, and I'm motivated to get back on track.

Hotsplashes
05-05-2005, 08:00 AM
Good morning! Just a quick pop in to say day 4/7 for me!! Only 3 to go! Yayyyyyy for KTN!!! Michelle..hop on the wagon again! Glad to see you motivated again!! Willb e on later tonite!

LeanneM83
05-05-2005, 10:01 AM
Congrats Michelle for staying off the scale for a few days, so much better than me...You too Hotsplashes, way to go!!
I am down to 2 times a day weighing myself...mostly because the scale is upstairs in my room and I have a child safety gate on the bottom of the stairs which is a pain to get over, and over and over...lol

Looks like it is going to be a really nice day here today, I got TONS of stuff done in the house and its only 9am (kids and I have been up since 6:30am), so I will try to tidy up the yard and such....it's like a blank slate have NO IDEA what to do to make it "prettier" so I'll start with clean and leaf-less...

Happy Day to all!

Leanne

michellejy
05-05-2005, 03:08 PM
Well, I didn't manage to avoid the scale today. I think I got on it about 5 times in a row to make up for any days I may have missed. :lol:

I almost bought a new scale today (one of those body fat ones), but I thought that would just give me another thing to be crazy about so nothing good could come of it :D

Hotsplashes
05-06-2005, 09:27 PM
Clean and leafless...i did that with my backyard..now it's still clean and leafless but it has a garden table and chairs!!lol Waiting till it's warmer to plant my flowers...got petunias, begonias, fuscias for my hanging baskets..and some other kinda flower that i have no clue what it is but it's purty...but up at 630am?? hmm guess i'm still on bartender time!lol

Michele..DON'T get one of those bodyfat ones cuz they DO NOT measure the body fat correctly...just stick with a nice reliable digital...hop back on the bandwagon with me...i'm 5 of 7 now...and eating really well! hopefully gonna be under the 178 mark on Sunday..hope hope hope!!lol

Take care ladies!!

LeanneM83
05-06-2005, 10:49 PM
Hotsplashes- where do you bartend?? (mmm, I could go for a drink now!-ha!) Anyways, we have what I like to call "mitchell-land" in our backyard...TOYS, TOYS, TOYS, TOYS and more TOYS...(oh and BIKES, trikes, cars and such) and a swingset...but in 2 weeks we are getting the mother of all kids' playlands, so im trying to "clean sweep" the backyard..aaaaaaaaaaah, needless to say the back yeard is a work in progress!

Alright, tomorrow morning I have to run 10km...yay!...only 3 more weeks until my race!

Happy Friday all!
Leanne

Hotsplashes
05-09-2005, 01:56 AM
Don't bartend anymore right nowLeanne...was at Prudhommes for four years up until last august...Mother of all Playsets..I hope it's got a great slide and one of those swings where 2 or 4 people (little people) can sit..and face each other..that was my fave on a swing set...

Fell off the wagon last nite and weighed in..177!!!! yay me!!! one pound in 3 weeks..BBOOOOOOO meeeee..so back on the wagon I go!!

KTna
05-09-2005, 10:06 AM
Hi everyone. I haven't been able to stay off the scale and it is SO frustrating.
I stayed off until Sat, and saw a 1 lb loss over last week, which is GREAT for me considering that I had hit a plateau and had not seen any loss in like a month.
So I got on on Sunday, and today - but the number is bouncing a bit.

I'm not getting back on until Sat. and hopefully I will see another loss. I think the bouncing is harder to deal with than not getting on the scale. That is making me crazy, and it makes me want to cut calories - but I am finding lately that this is not the answer.

I'm findign this stage of the journey much harder to deal with! I feel like I'm treading water.

Tulip-Fairy
05-09-2005, 08:11 PM
Hi everyone!

Sorry i haven't been in for a few day....life is very busy at the moment. I can't get on the 'puter until real late as two of my kids are studying for exams, one for SAT's other one for GCSE's so i have to wait until they hve gone to bed before i'm allowed anywhere near the pc!!!

Glad your all still here, i am reading and keeping up with you all, it's just replying that is taking hte time!

I have a confession to make, i can't stop jumping on those darn scales, i like it, what can i say, i'm a scales addict, a fully paid up member, it keeps me happy...and thin!!!! So can i join the group that IS'NT taking the not scales challenge..i give up....i can't do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My news in brief...(really brief) You all know which bit are for whom!

My broad beans are a growing, it's past the frosty season here, quiet warm most day (well it is for the beans, i still need a jacket!!) Peas are growing, and my zuccinni are just about ready to be planted outside!! I don't use chems either....nasty stuff, food is much better with out all that gunk!! I think my beans are more advanced than yours in Canada coz I'm in a milder climate that's all!!!

I did bartending /restaurant work, the same time as HS it was good fun while it lasted, tips were good too, but i much prefer to work with children, adults can be wayyyyy more sulky to work with.

Leanne, enjoy your house cleaning stay at home mom days, they don't last, soon you'll be looking for soemthing to fill your time as the kids don't need you quite soo much!! believe me, it's happened to me!! my babies just grew up before my eyes and they are sooo independent, i need stuff to fill my days now!!

Keep typing you girls...love reading all your messages, even tho i can't always get in to type a reply

until next time
Tulip

LeanneM83
05-09-2005, 10:28 PM
Hey Everyone!

Tulip- Yes, I never could commit to staying off my scale...I am a TRUE addict and the constant reminder of how hard I worked to get my weight off, but how I work even HARDER to keep it off, I need that small kick in the rear if the scale goes up a bit!!...Yes, you are totally right, I am feeling like I am soooo lucky right now...my kids are growing up before my eyes and I get to see it all and ENJOY it all...I know there are MANY people who arent so lucky...so instead of ever thinking I am JUST home with three kids, I am saying to myself I am LUCKY to be home with three kids...next year my oldest starts JK and my #2 starts pre-school in january...that gets the ball rolling, nex thing they are doing exams and SAT'S eh?

HS- the playset is called "mount olympus"....lol, I wont be around for the building of it, that is TOO much stress...my father in law is putting it up! Think I may have to charge people admission to play in our back yard this year!...

Okay, enough from me I am sooooooooooooooo tired! I am off to bed...

Tulip-Fairy
05-10-2005, 10:08 AM
Good Afternoon Ladies!

Gosh I'm pooped!! I've just spent the morning in a classroom full on noisy 5 year olds...boy have they got some energy.....glad it wasn't a full day.

Well I jumped on the scales again this morning and i'm still 121lbs so can't grumble at that!!

Michelle i forgot to get back to you on the Birmingham bit....I live about an hour's drive from there, we have been known to go there Christmas shopping as it has pretty good shops.

Leanne- glad your appreciating motherhood, it's tough when they are all small but it goes so quickly, you'll miss it when they've all grown up...I know i do, mine are all big and ugly now lol they all have legs longer than mine (which isn't difficult seen as i'm only 5' 2"!!!) lol

Hope your enjoying your Tuesday ladies
Eat well and keep off those flipping scales!!! lol

Hotsplashes
05-10-2005, 11:04 AM
Morning Morning! Day 3 off the scales...I guess it's just the two of now KT!! I'm still with you...Leanne and Tulip!~~ GOod going ladies on such busy days!! I missed the last day because of a very busy day and a half...i guess we've all been busy!! I'll be on tonite and send a full long post!!

Hotsplashes
05-10-2005, 10:51 PM
two full days of no scale and no junk food...i know i promised a long post but i ended up working OT and am beat...will try tomorrow!

michellejy
05-11-2005, 10:01 AM
Hey, all. I've stayed off the scale for a few days, but I've also totally been off any sort of diet/exercise schedule. I don't know what is with me lately!

Tulip, I'll be in Birmingham (for the first time) in August for a couple of weeks (well, with a side trip to Scotland and London). I'm really looking forward to seeing the UK for the first time.

Flower Fan 86
05-11-2005, 01:58 PM
Hello Ladies!

I did get on the scale today, but it had been over a week so I wanted to see how I was doing. Lost two more pounds!!!!
I changed my tracker so I hope the weight loss is set in stone for me.
Have to get going. Helping out at both of my daughters schools today.

Have a great day everyone!!!

Tulip-Fairy
05-11-2005, 07:58 PM
6 minutes to midnight...so it is still Wednesday here (Just!) it has been a busy one for me. I have been eating very healthily, but i still had to jump on the scales..even tho it always says the same.

Michelle - hope the weather is kind to you, it should be in August (not too many raining day in august!) It's gonna be a long trip, scotland and london are at different ends of England, with Birmingham bieng in the middle so it should be a good trip. We are planning to take the children' to london in the summer, there are some really good 'free' museums there. along with great shops!!! Scotland is a bit far...and a bit cold for me, my sisters husband is from Edingburg so goes up the frequently, it's a long journey by car.

Working hard HS....keeps you off the scales tho...lol

speak to everyone more tomorrow as i need to go to bed now....must sleep!!!
bye

Hotsplashes
05-11-2005, 09:25 PM
YAYYYYYy FOR MICHELLE AND FLOWER!!! Way to go Ladies!! I for one fell off the wagon AGAIN~~~just couldn't stay off the scale lastnite...had to make sure the scale said 177...and it did...so I promise I won't get ona again till Sunday...

All this talk of going to England and Scotland...I have a dream trip i'm trying to get planned so I can see where my family comes from...Mother was born in Manchester but came to canada when she was a few months old..my grandfather is English/Scottish//my grandmother is Italian but born to Immigrant parents who came to england in their teens...my biological father is from Scicily but raised in france...so I want to go everywhere...start with England and Scotland and do the tour by horseback...then head to france and do the French mediterranian..never can spell that word...by horse back or motor scooter...cuz that's where my father was raised...then go to Italy and do Tuscany then off to Sicily...I'm gonna have to work alot of OT to do that!lol

Last time my mother went to England..she was there in late june and early July..and it rained or snowed for 20 of the 21 days!lol

It's getting cold here again...was nice and warm today but dropped down by 15 degrees or more by 6pm...tis really chillynow...so gonna have a hot bath and curl up and watch some tv...

I've been curbing the late nite eating really well...don't eat after 9pm...if I get a craving..i grab a glass of juice or a cup of tea...anyone else got ways to avoid late nite snacking?

LeanneM83
05-12-2005, 09:00 AM
lol, is this scale addicts with an England connection???...hahaha, my mom was born in Manchester, too and has not been back to England since she moved to canada when she was 8.(38 years ago) and she has totally lost her accent! But I would love to go there at least once!!
HS- SOunds very FUN...I think I am going to have to wait until retirement to do some more trvelling, so I will live vicariously through others!

Flower- congrats on the loss! Yay!

Well, as for me I have 16 more days until my race....I am thrilled and nervous, but I know once the adrenaline kicks in, my legs will be going faster than ever..now I have to work on what I am going to WEAR!!!

My scale is AWESOME...the past few days I have been weighing between 121.7 and 122.6 (TOM ending so who ever knows), but anyways I am LOVING it, I havent been this small since college...

Happy Thursday to everyone!

Leanne

michellejy
05-12-2005, 10:22 AM
HS- Your family sounds like my in-laws. The reason we are going to England and Scotland is for my sister-in-law's wedding. My MIL and FIL live in Birmingham, but my SIL and her fiance live in Scotland. They are having the wedding in England and then a second reception in Scotland for the relatives there. My FIL is originally from Hong Kong, and my MIL is originally from Switzerland. There are going to be people at the wedding from Germany, Canada, England, China, France, Switzerland, the US, and who knows where else. It should be a very multi-cultural event :D

Tulip- I know it's going to be a long trip, but we have to go to the wedding/reception (of course), and I couldn't imagine flying all the way over to England for 2 weeks and not even seeing London since I've never been to the UK. I'm so excited :) Of course, being from the US, a long trip is relative. I live in a state that is larger than the entire country of England, and it's pretty normal for me to drive 3 hours each way on a weekend to visit family. Of course, going to Scotland will be a longer drive, but who can pass up the chance to see the Loch Ness monster? ;)

Hotsplashes
05-13-2005, 11:40 AM
Morning everyone!!

Leanne you are right! We are our own little Coronation Street here!lol 15 days now to your race! You'll do great!!! I'm gonna come see you at the Casino Race this fall!

Michelle, Loch Ness Monster!! YES! I wanna see Nessie too! Your extended family sounds like the United Nations!lol Have fun on the trip...at least with driving you get to see all the sights!

Have a great friday everyone...tis a lucky day!!

LeanneM83
05-13-2005, 10:24 PM
Hey Ladies

i just posted a new pic of me taken today in my member gallery...lol..., i HAD to share this photo of my daughter with you guys!

She fell asleep after eating a cookie then chugging back some formula!

Leanne

Hotsplashes
05-14-2005, 12:34 AM
no pics of me!lol just cruzin thru to say hello and no scales today!!yayyyyy

Flower Fan 86
05-14-2005, 11:53 AM
Hello everyone!

Have stayed off the scale!

Taking my older daughter and her friend shopping today. They need to find a nice dress for Confirmation. The mall is about 70 miles away so we will be making a day of it.

I am going to buy myself a pair of shorts. All of the ones that I have from last year are to big! :D

Have a great day!

YP1
05-14-2005, 12:30 PM
Hello from a new scale addict. I've made my addiction work to my advantage though, I don't have scales in the house so I have to weigh in at the gym. Because I need to get on those scales at least once a day that means I have to go to the gym at least once a day, so much as I'd love some scales at home to obsess over, I'm trying to keep to going to the gym to get the side effect of exercising as a pay off every time I weigh myself!

michellejy
05-14-2005, 09:41 PM
I've stayed off the scales for a couple of days and I've been back on track with eating. Now if I could only get my husband and darling daughter to stop bothering me when I try to work out. :lol:

Tulip-Fairy
05-15-2005, 03:32 PM
Hi

Haven't been around for a few day...i've been poorly!! sickness and the rest :barf: not the best way to loose weight, but i did...can't imagine that it will stay that way!!

glad to see more SA members!!

Hotsplashes
05-15-2005, 07:26 PM
Welcome YP!! What a wonderful way to accomplish two goals...avoid the scale but go to the gym! As soon as I get the ok to go back into training, I just might have to ditch the scales...but then again I can see myself walking to the gym 3 times a day just to get on the scales there!lol HOpe you become a regular on here with us YP!!

YAYYy for Flower!! Another good way to get exercise! Go to the mall and walk it off! Did you get a nice dress for the conformation? And did you get some nice shorts? I have a closet full of wonderful clothes that I am trying to get down to. I refuse to buy anything but work clothes until I am back to my healthy weight!

Michelle! YAYYY FOR YOU! for staying off the scales!! And isn't it always the way of hubbies and kids to want your attention when you want to do something. Then when you want their attention, they are nowhere to be found!lol Keep up the good work and I hope you find time to workout!

Tulip I hope you are feeling better. Being sick always makes me lose weight..but as you said, it's not a good way to do it. I hope you are better soon. And thanks for posting even tho you are not feeling well.

Leanne how's the training for the race going? Only a few more days!! We'll be rooting for you!!!GOOD LUCK!

I got my exercise today by helping my friend move...up and down 3 flights of stairs several million times!Lol...I haven't been on a scale since the last time I posted I was on...I think that was like tuesday or wednesday...not too sure...gonna stay off till next week sometime...gonna try to make it till next sunday...cold here...cloudy rainy...just wanna have a nice hot bath and relax and watch movies tonite! Workign some OT tomorrow...

Take care and see all you fellow scale addicts tomorrow!!

LeanneM83
05-15-2005, 07:37 PM
Hey Everyone

HS- training is going well, my mom is visiting for a few days so tomorrow when Cameron goes to kiddie Kollege I will go and do my LONG 10km run while my mom watches the kidlets!...SO we'll see how it all goes tomorrow.!!

Talk to you all tomorrow...

Leanne

SURVIVOR FINALE TONIGHT-- YEAH BABY!!!

Hotsplashes
05-16-2005, 01:19 PM
GOod Luck Leanne!! Great Pic bytheway!! I watched the last bit of Survivor too. I was rooting for Tom! YAY TOm!! No scales today ladies...am off to do 4hrs of OT and then come home and curl up with a good movie!Lol

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!

michellejy
05-16-2005, 03:41 PM
No scales for me so far, but now I think I'm avoiding them because I just don't want to know. :lol:

LeanneM83
05-17-2005, 02:06 PM
Hey Ladies

Well, yesterday I did my BIG run....wow, it was my best time SO FAR...68 min 30 seconds....10 km.....woo hoo...yay, and today my scale likes me still!!

my mom left this morning and next weekend the in-laws come, then the weekend after my MIL is coming for my run and the weekend after we're going to toronto to see DOra the explorer (yay!)...which is GREAT because it makes time fly fly fly, and hopefully it will be NICE and WARM all the time! This stuff of nice weather and cold weather SUCKS...

Lol, Happy Tuesday everyone....hope you are able to stay off your scales- but on track!

Leanne
CW 121.6

Tulip-Fairy
05-17-2005, 02:52 PM
Hi everyone....sorry the last post was so short....i was sooooo poorly. But thankfully i'm back on form today.

Welcome YP hope you become a regular here....we need a few newbies to keep us all sane!!! lol I like your way of thinking about the scales at the gym...however it would't work for me, i used to bribe myself with a treat of a sauna AFTER a good work out at the gym...after just one month i was missing the gym out and hitting the sauna straight away...i have absolutly NO WILLPOWER what so ever...so well done to you!!

Will be rooting for you when you do your run Leanne...love the new look, very slim indeed...keep up the good work..maintaning the weight loss is just as important!

Micehlle - I hope your scales don't fall out with you forever....they've been a really good friend to you, so keep them on your christmas card list!! lol

splashes...4 hours OT...you will deserve your night in and movie watching, especially after the mammoth move you helped your friend with.

once again i must dash...family is need of feeding!!!

YP1
05-17-2005, 04:22 PM
The gym thing works for me so I'll stick with it.

Leanne - I'm trying to work up to 10k at the moment. I'm edging my distance up very slowly at the moment but I'm determined I'll get there! I can do a bit over 5k now, and I've got til November I think befpre the race I want to enter so I'm feeling optimistic. Considering this time last year I couldn't run 100 metres I don't think I'm doing badly!

michellejy
05-17-2005, 04:51 PM
I stayed off the scales again today. It makes denial easier ;)

LeanneM83
05-17-2005, 06:18 PM
yp1- YAY, good for you....being that I KNOW how hard it is to run, I know how HARD you are working to acheive your goal! I always say to people, ANYONE can SAY "oh, I could probably run 5km/10km", but it is another story when people say I RUN 5km/10km...its definitely a lot harder to do the actual running than it is to just say you could do it! (does that make sense??)Anyways, keep it up!

I have FINALLY registered for my race, so I am now $48 lighter (haha) and CANNOT back out, not that I ever wanted too, but EVERYONE I know, knows I am doing it!!

Michelle- good for you for staying off the scale, although if we go into denial too much sometimes bad things happen! Just like taking off a bandaid, sometimes biting the bullet and just doing it stops pain later...

Leanne

Hotsplashes
05-18-2005, 02:20 AM
Such Busy Ladies!! Yayyy for Michelle and two days no scale!!!

Yayy for YP and the gym!! Hay She's from the british Isles too..should we just call this Coronaton Scale Addicts? LOl I know Tulip is gonna say somethign about that!L1ol

Tulip! glad you are feeling better..you are soo busy...don't wear yourself down and get sick again!

Leanne WOOHOO on the great time! That is something to be SOOOO proud of!! And yes I hear ya about the "i could run, I run" analogy...I always get people saying "I could ride a horse" and once you put them on..it's a different story..same as people saying "I could be a bartender/server" yah then again...no they can't!lol

I'm not feeling so hot...and when I am feeling sick..I get on the scale...so I did..and I lost another pound!! 176!!

See everyone on wednesday!!

Flower Fan 86
05-19-2005, 11:55 AM
I found a job!!!!! :dance:
Have been looking for some time now. Not much around here.
I start on Monday. Have weekends off so I can still take my produce to the market. Husband is not happy about it. I think he knows that if this works out I am out of here! (He is not a nice person and I can not live with him much longer) My girls are very happy cuz they want out as well. If any of you have an in with the lord please pray that this works out!!! Thank you

Have stayed off the scales! :) Have a great day everyone and thanks for letting me get that off my chest!

Hotsplashes
05-20-2005, 01:22 AM
My thoughts are with you Flower!! I'll burn a candle for you all weekend! Good luck and GOOD JOB for staying off the scales!! Keep us informed!!!!

Lotsa OT ladies...no scales tho!! Stress eating again so I KNOW I'll stay off the scales for over the weekend!lol

GOod luck on the Race Leanne!

Where is everyone else?????

imsexydamnit
05-20-2005, 02:51 AM
I do believe that i am a scale addict. I weigh daily as soon as i wake up, after i've used the restroom and while holding my breath. I've been known to weigh myself several times in one day, though that is usually because the scale has said something nice to me. When it's not saying nice things i kick it, curse it, then pretend it doesn't exist. But that's just me.

michellejy
05-20-2005, 10:18 AM
Hey, Flower, good luck. I lost my job when my ex and I first started talking about a divorce so I understand the pressure that is on you. I'll say a little prayer for you.

Well, I weighed myself today after not weighing myself in a while. I figured it was time to bite the bullet and see what I've done to myself with all of the overeating and not exercising I've been doing in the past 2-3 weeks. I gained nothing. Of course, I also lost nothing, but now I'm ready to get back on track. (It seems like I've said that before :lol: )

HS- congrats on losing another pound. I think when I get out of this little plateau, I'll do a happy dance on my scale.

Welcome, damnit :D Sorry, I couldn't resist. I dated a guy when I was in high school who started most sentences he said to me with "Damnit...." After the first several times, I just accepted that must be my nickname. ;)

Hotsplashes
05-20-2005, 11:32 PM
Welcome Damnit!! Heheeh That's just too funny! Love the name tho..We're ALL sexy Damnit! Welcome to our little crazy corner of the world!! Hope you stick around!!

Michelle! Glad to see you here again...That's a cute story about your ex bf and the nick name...lol toocute...but to empathize...withboth you and Flower...My ex was always happy when he made more money than i did...when I was doing better...he got bad...it seemed like he felt better about himself knowing he was in control of everything..and it made me feel like crap...

Flower...I'm buring that candle for ya!! will do so right up to late Sunday nite!! GOOd Luck!!

GOOD LUCK LEANNE!! This is Race WEEKEND!!

TUlip hope to hear from you soon!!

KTNA Where are youuuuuuu????????/

YP1 Where are you tooooooo??????????/

YP1
05-21-2005, 02:28 AM
I'm here, 6.20am and I can't sleep. Considering getting up to go to the gym for a weigh in. I have the (possibly unrealistic) of being down 2lb by Monday so I want to see what the scale says today (strangely I always seem to lose most of my weight at weekends - see what insights daily weighing gives you!).

Then after Monday over a week with no access to a scale :o

Hotsplashes
05-22-2005, 12:13 AM
Glad to see you here YP! I like the idea of your double counter...total goal scale and package goal scale! WOnderful idea...how'd you come up with it? Good luck on the scale on Mondays!!

Long day at work again...tired like crazy...getting run down...feeling a cold coming on...always feel liek that when I'm run down..gonna sleep alot this weekend!

See everyone tomorrow!!

GOOD LUCK LEANNE!!!

LeanneM83
05-22-2005, 09:02 AM
tee hee...thanks Hotsplashes....my race is NEXT saturday....hahaha....I have to go out and run this morning, probably a long run and then I will be all ready for my race....I am soooo excited, although the thoght of "what if it rains?" just occurred to me....which means I will have to change my "running outfit" to match my "okay-to-run-outside-in-the-rain-in-these-shoes" shoes because I was planning on wearing my "man-I-love-these-shoes-but-do-not-want-to-wreck-them-by-wearing-them-outside-" shoes...lol...otherwise my outdoor shoes are red and gray and my indoor are gray and pink...ok, I just realized how silly this post of mine is turning out to be, so I will stop it right now, before everyone thinks I am NUTTY...

Happy Weekend everyone...

Leanne
CW121 :lol:

Flower Fan 86
05-23-2005, 09:34 AM
Thank you Hotsplashes! I start my job today and am a little nervous. Really want this to work out.
Leanne you look so good in your pictures! Good luck on the run Saturday.
I did get on the scale yesterday and I have stayed the same. That is ok with me. It was not a gain.
Need to get going. I do not have to be there early today for training. I do want to fix my hair because I think they take my picture for my employee badge. A girl has gotta look her best. At least for the first day!
Talk to all of you soon. Have a great day!

michellejy
05-23-2005, 07:01 PM
Hi, everyone... just a quickie for me ;) I was at my parents' for the weekend, and I always eat way too much there. Now I'm getting ready to run off to the ice skating rink for my daughter's lesson. I hope everyone is doing well.

Hotsplashes
05-24-2005, 11:06 AM
just a quick cruz thru!

Ok Leanne..Good Luck NExt week and wear your fave shoes no matter what!!

Flower!! I'm still with ya!! GOOD LUCK~!~

Michelle Thanks fo rdropping in andhave a great day!!

Later taters!!

Hotsplashes
05-26-2005, 10:18 AM
okk where is everyone? I go away for a day and noone posts!! FLower I hope your job is going well! KTN we haven't seen you for a bit, where you be??? YP no hide nore hair from you either!!! Leanne and Tulip you all must be busy as usual! C'mon Michelle!!! Let's not be the only ones posting on here!!Lol

Hope to see SOMEONE today!!Lol

LeanneM83
05-26-2005, 12:07 PM
Hotsplashes, I am here, my hubby has been working longer days setting up some military thingy and it has been nice so my kidddies and I are attempting to get tans, so we dont all look so pasty white, AND it is going to rain for the next few days so I am trying to overcompensate for that....

2 days until my race!

Leanne

CW 121

Flower Fan 86
05-27-2005, 10:09 AM
Hello!
I am here just dead tired! The last two days we worked 12 hour shifts. I am not used to being on my feet for that long. Then I come home and have to cook and clean. Lay in bed and can't sleep because my feet hurt so bad. Do not work today and I need to get outside and get some stuff done. Just is not enough time in the day for what is needed. Do not get me wrong, I am not going to complain about having a job. I am so thankful for it. Just that my feet hurt!
It is my older daughters 14th birthday tomorrow. Boy has the time gone by so fast. Going to bake a cake this afternoon. I am going to eat some too. That will keep me off the scale a little longer!
Have a great Memorial weekend everyone!

michellejy
05-27-2005, 11:32 AM
I'm here... just been on a major design kick lately. I have dry spells here and there so when I get in the mood, I end up making things from morning until night. I guess the next step will be to actually get the stuff photographed and named for the website.

KTna
05-27-2005, 12:41 PM
I'm here. I had been really focused on some DIY projects at home (finishing my basement). So I have been too busy for much else.
Stayed off the scale since Sunday. YAY! And I think my eating has been ok, but I had to survive off whatever was easy and quick. Mostly almonds lately, getting a bit boring, really.
But my basement is coming along - so that's good.
Great to hear everyone is doing well.

LeanneM83
05-27-2005, 07:12 PM
Hey Ladies

Tomorrow is my BIG run, I am so excited...I will post as soon as I get home on Sunday to tell you how it went...keep your fingers crossed for me!

Happy weekend everyone!

Leanne

Tulip-Fairy
05-29-2005, 12:00 PM
hello Splashes...remember me???????

Sorry i went AWOL.....busy life, too many kids...tooo many things to do which doesn't leave much time for me!!! sound familiar??? Also my pc monitor went @~#"PUT"! then fizzeled and smelt all burny...hubby had to bring a spare one in from the office, but then there was a back log of work to be done on it...and i got on there last!!! Exam revision and MSN messenger had to take priority (NOT MY RULES you see!!)

Still jumping on the scales daily but eating quite wellm so my weight has stayed the same.

I have spent the past 30mins or so catching up with all the posts here, it's nice to see new memebers....and english....northern no less....it really is turning into cornation steet...ahhhhhhh. I forgot to mention to you Leanne, my Nephew lives in Manchester, maybe he's bumping into you rellies as we speak!!! LOL!!!!

Hope the job is going well Flower, bear with it, it will get easier, i have just completed my first 3 months in a full time job, it's is hard going at first but soon you get used to it, physically and emotionally. You just have to be very organised and the aches and pains turn to fitness...honest!!! and the money you will earn will give you your freedom!! It's a small price to pay.....I will include oyu in my prayers. Hope your daughter had a good birthday, my daughter was 10 on the 25th May she took a friend to our local restaurant for tea and they ended up have one of the "dare to share ice cream dessert" EACH!!!! and they ate it ALL!!!! Now that's what i call a birthday treat!!1 lol

How did the run go Leanne??? did you wear your favourite running shoes?? Do tell us all!! My walkathon is next Sunday, we haven't done as much training as we should have done, but my excuse is that i'm only walking as far as my two youngest girls so don't need to put as much training in as DH & DD!!!

KTna - Glad you finished your basement, would you like to come and make a start on my kitchen...i have been threatening to re-decorate it for months now but haven't got around to it yet!!!! One day i will!! Well done for you healthy eating and staying off the scales keep up the good work!

Michellejy - Making things??? do tell us more...sounds really interesting!!

Welcome to the group ISD (Damit joke had already been done before i got here so thought i'd better not do it again!!!lol) You sound like your gunna fit in really well around here!!

Now i'm all caught up...I'll do my best to pop in daily!!

I'ts a bank holiday weekend here in the UK so no work for most of us tomorrow to have a good one, the sun is expected to shine (although that doens't mean much in england!!) lol

See Ya!

LeanneM83
05-29-2005, 08:17 PM
HEY EVERYONE

I am BAAAAAAAAAAAACK from my RACE WHOO HOO.......

I met my goal........my best run EVER......(so far)

10km.......65 minutes.....what a RUSH......it was awesome...THIS IS ME RIGHT AFTER....

Leanne

Flower Fan 86
05-29-2005, 09:32 PM
Leanne
Way to go girl!!! That is so great that you met your goal. I do have to say, you have a great smile! (Beautiful teeth)

Tulip
Glad to see you back. I had been wondering where you were at.
My older daughter had her birthday yesterday. She turned 14. Did not have much money to spend on her but I told her that when I get my first payckeck I would take her shopping. May is an expensive month for me.
The job is going ok. The pay is very good for my area. Thank you for the prayers. Keep them comming.

Worked in the garden today. Have a bit of a sunburn on the back of my neck. Forgot the sunscreen there. Only thing that needs to be planted is the watermelons. I do not work tomorrow so I hope to get that done in the morning before it gets to hot. It is 92 right now.
Have a good afternoon everyone!

Hotsplashes
05-30-2005, 12:08 PM
Happy Memorial Day and Bank Holiday to everyone! ANd a big WOOHOOOOO!! for Leanne~ Look at that smile and that medal!! YAYYYYYYYYY

No holidays here...just nice weather and some plumbing on the to do list.

It's wonderful to see EVERYONE on here!!

Flower!! Good going on the job!! I know the feet hurt..I've been there...but as Tulip says...the body adapts and it's a small price to pay for your independance! KEep up the good work and good luck with the watermellons! And think of when you lose your goal weight...you can eat that dare to share dessert!!!

KTN!! A finsihed Basement!! YAYYYYY !! All the more room play in and store stuff!Lol I know it's a hard job but it's worth it. Adds value to your home and pride in a job done by yourself! And think of all the calories youa re burning!

MIchelle! Hope you are feeling better today! Drink lotsa green tea and get some rest...I've been fighting off a cold for a few days now so don't feel my best either...we'd better get healthy so we can join Leanne and Tulip in all those marathons!

Tulip!! YEs I remember you!Lol My brain ain't that rusty yet! Gees...inyour life..when it rains...it pours! Fzzy monitors are not good! Hope you enjoy your bank holiday...and stay in shape for that Walkathon! How far do you think you guys willmake it this year? I think you said the family did half last year? that's still quite a feat! GOod Luck

Well I am off to Crappy Tire to get some plumbing stuff...Yes I am going to attempt some plumbing projects on my own!lol If youdon't hear from me...you know I'm in a rubber raft floating somewhere in Ontario!lol

michellejy
05-30-2005, 04:55 PM
HS- I have a Home Depot plumbing book, and I swear even I could figure out the projects I was working on! That's saying a lot :lol:

Leanne- Congrats on finishing the race.

Flower- hang in there.

Tulip- making stuff is for my business. Sorry if I posted this before. It's www.trinitylondon.com I've made about 20 things in the past couple of days but haven't bothered taking pictures and adding them to the site yet. I don't think I'll be doing it today since my kiddo is home with me for the holiday. I've ordered some books lately about making glass beads, Chinese knotting, and sculpting silver and gold so that will be my next round of experimenting. Sometimes I think it costs me more to have the business than it would if I was just not working at all :lol:

LeanneM83
05-31-2005, 08:25 AM
Hey ladies

well I didnt weigh myself saturday, sunday or yesterday....so I ran 5km last night as fast as I could, and weighed in this morning at 120.6 OMG YAY!!!

Happy Tuesday everyone,. hope the sun is shining!

Leanne

KTna
05-31-2005, 09:41 AM
No scale since Saturday.
I'm losing around 1 lb per week now. I feel like it is slow, but all the calculators online say that is the fastest I can lose in a healthy way right now - so I guess that is what I have to live with!
Leanne, congrats on the run (and the great weigh-in!)
HS-The basement isn't all the way finished yet, we are up to the second coat of taping, soon we will sand, put up a third coat of spackle and then paint. We are actually building a home theater down there so we are really looking forward to finishing the project. It is a great way to occupy yourself at night - if Im working in the basement I don't even think about food at all! And you are so right about the calorie burning. It was a great big project though, family room, theater room, and bathroom all at once!
Did a bunch of planting in the yard this weekend too. No veggies yet, I'm still afraid I wont be able to keep them alive. So far just trying to make the new house look less lonely outside.
So, for the last few weeks I have been only weighing in on the weekends, seems to be working for me.
Hope you all had a great weekend.

Hotsplashes
05-31-2005, 12:09 PM
PARTY AT KTN"S HOUSE!!! Well once the home theater room is done!!Lol I'll bring the lowfat dip and veggies!!

I got caught in the rain yesterday...waited so long i decided to just tuff it out and walk the rest of the way and get wet...of course it stopped raining about 10 feet from the doorway i'd been standing in!!lol

Plumbing project is going...still trying to find the right part to fit my taps...so off to another Crappy Tire I go...Leanne knows what Crappy Tire is!Lol

Treated myself to some Banana Muffins this morning since I worked onmy day off. gonna be a great paycheq next friday! Take care ladies and I might see you later! I caught up with a friend and we are going to start walking together down by the lake 2 or 3 times a week!

So much easier when you have a walking pal!

PrincessCherryJewel
05-31-2005, 12:48 PM
Please see below...I accidently hit the proceed button prematurely! :o :lol:

PrincessCherryJewel
05-31-2005, 12:55 PM
Hello ladies!
I've only been a member here for a couple weeks and I've decided to join a support group. This one seems appropriate since I AM such a scale addict! Sometimes I've gotten on there 1 or 2 times a day! Not good, not good. However, I have been able to minimize it to once a week (Mondays to weigh in for the week). So we'll see how long that lasts!

Anyway, here are my stats:
Height: 5'2"
Weight: 193
Newlywed (this past New years day!)
Wanna lose: 60 lbs minimum
Work: Exec. Secretary/Direct Sales Manager/Housewife
Pets: Freedom=60 lb German Shepherd mix; Fibi=5 lb Chihuahua/Rat Terrier mix; Feona=tortoise shell kittycat
Hobbies: Music (I'm a singer. My website is www.aaralyn.com), Drawing, Painting, Traveling, Journaling, more I'm sure but I can't think of anything else right now...daydreaming...
Diet: none (shakes here and there when I'm too lazy to fix something to eat OR when I need something quick besides fast food)
Exercise: 1 mile walk (minimum) 5 days a week. I like the Leslie Sansone dvd's. Trying to do at least 50 crunches every day.
I'm new to forums. I've chatted before, but never regularly.

That's all for now! I have to go walk!

LeanneM83
05-31-2005, 03:17 PM
Hey Amanda

welcome to the scale addicts...I visited your website, what a BEAUTIFUL voice you have...my daughter LOVED hearing your song!

HS- you are SO canadian...hahaha...did you go to timmy ho's too??

Leanne

Hotsplashes
06-01-2005, 10:15 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!!

Welcome Princess Cherry Jewell! Loved your website! Loveley Voice...and no i can't spell this early in the morning!

GOod luck on your Release party goal! You can do it! Hope you stay with us..we are ALL a bunch of Scale Addicts here!

Well ate like crap yesterday and feel like crap today..but did go on a massive walk last nite. Did about 5 miles down along the lake shore and back..it was beautiful cept forhte bugs!!

Will see everyone tonite!

LeanneM83
06-01-2005, 01:37 PM
HS- if the bugs bother you, open your mouth, arent bugs great protein?? Ew, just kidding! Good for you for 5 miles, how is the hip after that??

I stepped on the scale this morning, but I am proud to say I only weighed myself once yesterday! Yay me (small victory)...AND, I have decided that when we go away this weekend, leave here friday back sunday I WILL NOT TAKE MY SCALE WITH ME...(HUGE victory)

Leanne

YP1
06-01-2005, 04:22 PM
Leanne - congratulations on the run!

Anyone who's been wondering where I am, I've been in Greece. And I didn't step on any scales for over a week.

Didn't take me long to seek them out this morning though...

Flower Fan 86
06-02-2005, 01:44 AM
WOW Greece! The pictures that I have seen are so pretty. The water and sky so blue. I hope you had a wonderful time. One of these days I would love to see the world.
I have been very good to not get on the scale. Have not been very good about what I have been eating. Bugs have not been on the menue just everything else!

michellejy
06-02-2005, 11:34 AM
You make me laugh, flower.

I got on the scale today, and it is at the low range of the 3 pounds I keep gaining and losing lately. I really just need to start eating right again and exercising. Why is it that I know that and still don't do it? :p

Hotsplashes
06-04-2005, 12:35 AM
howdie dooo everyone...Hmmm Bugs...protien...ick...Greece...greekmen...yummm.. .fat hair greekmen in speedos..ICK!Lol

Glad to see everyone here today!! I've been eating like crap..and I need to do rethink the same thoughts Michelle does...I know what i ahve to do..but keep doing the wrong the thing...

See everyone tomorrow nite!!

xJennJennx
06-04-2005, 01:14 AM
Wow I so should have found this site months ago...like many of you here, I weigh right after I use potty in the mornings, butt nakie and right before bedtime after potty. I only do this when I'm trying to lose some weight....if I go off plan for a day or so I will not step foot on the scale, lol

Tulip-Fairy
06-04-2005, 11:36 AM
If It's Doesn't Rain It Pours In My House!!

Tulip-Fairy
06-04-2005, 11:56 AM
WOOPS!
Pressed enter instead of return!!! Doh!
as i was saying....it's pouring in our house at the moment...and i'm not talking dodgy plumbing either Splashes!!! My middle daughter who will remain nameless..I spit tacks every time is say it!!! was sooo pleased to have our 'puter working again after the fizzing monitior she put an animated chiwawa (sp?) on our desk top and froze the whole thing!!!! it' has taken me days and days to get it going again...we're still waiting for the repair man to turn up as our whole system is unstable and keeps cutting out!!! I'm typing quick just in case!!! lol so if oyu don't hear from me for the next couple of days that could be the reason...however it could be due to other reasons.....I'm doing the walkathon tomorrow...we're all limbering up ready for it, we have raised over a 100 for our local children's hospitial...so we're all excited about it!

Leanne - well done on your marathon....what a smile of acheivement that was....brilliant photo!!!

Wellcome to all the newbies...you sound like you'll fit in really well around here....multi weigh ins are the norm around here...we don't even bat an eyelid when someone confesses to jumping on the scales 1/2 a dozen times!!! We just call it exercise!!!! lol So here's to getting to know you all....Jenn Jenn & Princess Cherry Jewel...(what a pretty name...my neice has a bunny wabbit called Princes fluffy...you could be here friend with a name like that!!)

YIP - Greece is a wonderful place, we went to a greek island for our honeymoon..food was fantastic, place was exactly like HS described blue sea, blue sky and brilliant weather. My Uncle is Greek and has a restaurant in town.......so i'm not short of kebabs etc if i'm feeling peckish......not good for the diet but hey it's sooooo tasty! What parts of Greece did you visit?

Flower - We had a taste of our first crop of lettuces and spinach the other day...WOW i was seriously impressed, it's the first time we have attempted to grow our own food and it's amazing!!! We can't wait for the rest of our crops to flourish!!! We have a flower on our cougette plant...yipppeeeee!!! Haven't tried growing watermelons (not hot enough in the UK!!) but my pumpkins are growing!!

What time is the party starting at Ktna's???? I'll bring the popcorn!!!

Trying to remember everyone's post so i can reply but my brain is struggling.....I haven't visited anyone's web site yet...if my 'puter holds up i'll do it after posting this!

wish me luck for the walkathon tomorrow...the forecast is for rain tomorrow...boohoo we've done it in the rain before now...not as much fun for the grown ups but the kids prefer it!!!!!!!!! Mad i tell you!!
Will speak to you all later...........keep off the scales and out of the food cupboards until i get back!

See Ya!

Hotsplashes
06-05-2005, 12:08 AM
Welcome JennJenn! you look close to your goal! Glad you decided to joinus! We're a great bunch all with our own little tips on how to weigh yourself on the scales!lol Hope you stick around!~

Yayyy Tulip is back! Good luck on the walkathon tomorrow! Tis for a great charity!! Sorry to hear about the puter and spittacks daughter and her chihuahua! Fill us in on how the thon went!!

Ok folks.,..no scale for me for over a week now but that's because I've been eating so crappy I'm afraid to get on!!

My Petunias are blooming!! So are my little orange flowers that I don't have a clue what they are called but very pretty and delicate! and I haven't killed them yet!

Supposed to be close to 100 degrees here tomorrw...not looking forward to it! Keep up the great work ladies!!!

michellejy
06-05-2005, 10:35 AM
My mom and dad are in town until tomorrow so we'll be running around for the next couple of days. They brought the '62 convertible Beetle I'm restoring that was left at their house when I moved. If I can find the manual I lost when I moved, I might have a shot at restoring her correctly :lol:

Hotsplashes
06-06-2005, 01:19 AM
Oh restoration of Herbie the Luv Bug!! Good luck Michelle...it sounds like a fun project! Ok..no getting on the scale again!l YAY for me...I might make it a full two weeks!! Hope everyoen had a great weekend! See y'all tomorrow..

Tulip-Fairy
06-06-2005, 08:18 AM
Michellejy...your my kind of lady...a vw beetle - WOW that is my middle DD's favourite car, she would love one of those, the teenager who lives next door but one has a blue one with herbie stripes on it, as she thinks it's soooo cool!!! We are Austin/Rover mini fans. my hubbie has own one (or more) ever since he passed his test, he restores them too. I have a '89 Mary Quant designer mini in white...she's my baby. DH has spent the winter doing loads of jobs on her, and she is now taxed and tested for the summer! This site is becoming the Scales Addict gardening / classic car / 'athon's club...we all soooo multi talented!!! woohoo!! If you need any advise i'll ask him in you like....they are both old fashioned simple cars to fix, if he can do one, i'm sure he can advise on the other...he's given tips to our neighbour before now!! I checked out your web site...love the jewlery...the mini rosary's are adorable...when i got more time i'm gonna browse some more...your very talented!

Well the walkathon went really well, me, the two youngest DD's and my 18month old yorkshire terrier all completed 9 miles ('bout 14.5km) and gained our silver medal....my oldest DD (nearly all grown up at 16 next week!!!) and my DH completed the whole course at 23.4 miles (39km) it took them 10 hours!!!!!!! I am so proud of them, especially DD as she has attempted this 3 times before and had always been thwarted...one year it rained / hailed / snowed all day!!!!

Flower i need your expert advice...i am growing peppers from seed, i have them in pots on my window sill waiting to plant them out into grow bags at the end of June...however i have just found little white bugs on them...do you know what they are..if so...any ideas as to how i can get rid of them??? I'm not to keen on using chemicals as we hve to eat the veg if i get to them before the bugs do!!! Any ideas??? Leanne...before you mention it... a protein shake is not what i had in mind...ok?? LOL :crazy:

Splashes...I'm dead jealous of your weather, you get really snow in winter and really hot days in summer...it's just how i remember the Uk bieng when i was a child! now we just get grey days for most of the year with the odd heatwave and blistered thrown in for good measure!!! Enjoy your 100degrees most of us mad dogs would!!! lol :beach:

WOW!!! what a talented bunch of people we have here, i'm honoured to know you all....
HRH Cherry Jewel - I checked out your web site your voice is that of an angel...good luck with for the release party date.

Leanne - Where are you girl??? Those lovely legs dropped off and you can't get to the puter - huh??? :rofl: or maybe she's stuck in the bathroom jumping on and off her scales coz she's so darn light now??? who knows???!!:dunno:

Well ladies i've got to love you and leave you..housework and gardening beckons!
See Ya tomorrow

PS - who's the newbie who is from Leeds??? Noted it then my brain went and forgot it and at this stage of my post, I can't get in to have a look!
Until tomorrow
bye! :wave:

LeanneM83
06-06-2005, 08:53 AM
Hey everyone

I am still here...we went to the inlaws house for a few days (6 hour car ride) and from there took just the boys to see "dora the explorer" in Toronto, which was suprisingly FUN and now we are back home...lots of driving, no running....arg....hubby is going away today for a few days for some army dog and pony show (where they show off the big vehicles)...so, I will have to take the 3 kids out so I can get some sort of run in today before my legs turn to jelly...
I went without the scale for 2 WHOLE days...but, 20 minutes after I got home yesterday I jumped on it....we are still friends!
Anywho, off to have a great day with my kidlets...
Leanne

PrincessCherryJewel
06-06-2005, 12:31 PM
Hi all! I've been sick and I didn't even know it. The past two weeks, I've been kinda dazed, sleepy, my neck and back are sore, my ears feel clogged and I've had post-nasal drip (but it's not really dripping...more like just sitting there nagging me...waiting to turn into an infection). So it's been lingering for the past two weeks...it didn't occur to me that I might have a slight cold until a friend of mine came over and said she was experiencing the same thing! Duh! So that explains why I've been sleeping like all the time and have had no energy at all whatsoever! I was beginning to get discouraged because I haven't been keeping with my exercising, but I've felt so crappy that I couldn't get motivated. Now I know why! But I still managed to somehow lose 1 pound last week~Yay!! And I lost an inch in my boobs... :( But at least I'm losing!

Call me crazy, but I think my sudden increase in exercising 3 weeks ago might have had something to do with my getting sick. I began feeling like this during my second week of my new routine. I've heard that when you start exercising, your body begins to release those toxins and it's important to take vitamins to boost immune system so you don't get sick...is that true?? I was taking vitamin C (1000mg), garlic (1000mg), and cranberry pills (3 tablets) per day. The garlic for combatting infection and cranberry as a natural diuretic (and remember, I'm a newlywed...hee hee). I've been meaning to pick up some echinacea (which is probably the most important supplement), but I keep forgetting...and thus the sickness.

Thanks to everyone who visited my site! Hopefully, I'll be doing some re-vamping after the cd is released...that's the plan anyway! I'll keep ya'll updated.

Well, I'm still feelin' kinda yucko and I took Allegra earlier so I think I'm gonna go lay down until lunch. I did my exercise this morning, though, so that justifies my nap, right??

Catch ya'll lata!

michellejy
06-06-2005, 01:40 PM
Tulip- my husband's first car was a Mini. We saw two of the old ones yesterday, actually (a bit rare in the US). I would love to have one someday, but I think our next project after my Beetle will be an American muscle car. I've never worked on anything with a radiator. :lol: My husband and I both have New Beetles as well. We actually met through a New Beetle car forum of all things.

Well, I better head off to get the kiddo some lunch.

YP1
06-06-2005, 05:28 PM
Tulip - that's me I think!

Not much time to post todsy, but I will be back soon, promise...

Hotsplashes
06-08-2005, 01:05 AM
Howdie dooo everyone...tis late here and I need to get to bed...just thought i'd say the heat is still deadly and making me eat less so when I DO jump on the scales on friday...hopefully i will be down a pound or two!

see everyone later!

Hotsplashes
06-08-2005, 11:43 AM
OK...I JUST had to come on here for a quick note...I jumped on the scales for the first time in nearly 2weeks......I've lost a pound!! I know it's not alot but it's a loss!! YAYYYYYYYYY well gotta go get laundry then go to work! See everyone tonite!!

LeanneM83
06-08-2005, 01:23 PM
Congrats HOTSPLASHES

A loss IS a loss....good for you, and good for you for staying off that evil scale for 2 weeks!

Leanne

PrincessCherryJewel
06-08-2005, 04:18 PM
Yay Hotsplashes! I lost a pound this week too!!! Let's form a conga line! Da da da da da DA! Da da da da da DA! (that's me attempting to sing the conga line song...)

Today...so far...
Okay, so we have this really awesome restaurant/cafe downtown called Cafe Chocolat. As you read the name, imagine yourself in my shoes...a daily recovering chocoholic...walking into this place filled with truffles and fudge and cheesecakes to die for...yeah...not good. SO, I went there because not only do they have decadent chocolate (for those of you in different countries, please know that we don't get good real desserts often here in Florida. Especially not where I live. We have oranges...and beaches...and that's what we specialize in!) which is so to die for- it's like being in a different country with all of the fresh truffles, fudge and yummy yummy yummy stuff. My mouth is watering...
OKAY- GET BACK ON TRACK...SO I went there because not only do they have scrumcious chocolate and desserts, but they also have really good healthy wraps and sandwiches. This is the only place in town that I can get a good wrap, so I ventured down there and I'm proud to say that I stifled my fat voice and I didn't get ANY chocolate!!!! Whoa! And you know how I was able to control myself? As I sat there waiting for my order, I put my hand down on my thigh, which is not-so-nicely covered with a huge layer of cellulite...I just sat there rubbing my fingers over those huge dents of fat and THAT'S what kept me from gettin' that chocolate...disgusting, but it worked!

Unfortunately, there's still more to the story...I wish that was the end. But it's not. I stopped to get gas and went in the store to get a drink...BIG MISTAKE. Huge. I ended up getting a drink and four candy bars. NO I haven't eaten them. I'm saving them for when I have a craving. I had to get them...it was like they were calling my name..."Amanda" they said, "I'm new! I'm a limited edition candy bar with a yummy milk chocolate filling- just like those truffles you were eyeing at the chocolate shop...only I'm cheaper! I'm on sale! Amanda, take me home!!" It was like being in a pet shop- you know, when you just feel like you can't resist the tempation even though you know that once you buy it, it will only bring more responsibility? So all four of them are still sitting on my kitchen table. Waiting.

And that's today...so far...

That's all for now. For those of you who pray, please do so for me!

Hotsplashes
06-10-2005, 12:44 AM
DadadadaDA! DadadadaDA!! That's me joining HRH Cherry Jewel's conga line!lol Ohhh I hear ya about the chocolate..My fave place here just closed down after 11 years..the besst choklit and cheese cake...but what i loved the most was the Biscotti...the SKOR BAR BISCOTTI!! I'm so sad now they are closed down. But that's ok..cuz another place just opened up down the street from me!lol but with all the OT I'm working...I'm just not able to find time to go...Ohh I love that idea of using the dents for a purpose Amanda!!lol Thanks for the info!

Thanks for the Cheer Leeanne! My goal is to be down to a less scary weight for when I come to see you in the Casino Run in The Falls! But it just CAN"T coincide with Quarter Horse Congress! PLEEEEEEAASE tellme it won't be!lol

Well folks..we're having T storms here and the big dog is shaking..gotta go let her sit on my head while I tell her everything is ok

michellejy
06-10-2005, 10:04 AM
HS- My dog is terrified of storms too. I used to have a Doberman who was so scared of thunder that he wedged himself under my bed one day and got stuck. I actually had to lift the bed to get him out of there :lol:

LeanneM83
06-11-2005, 10:01 AM
OMG< I LOVE MY SCALE

I jumped on it this morning...119.4...................HOLY WOW..........OMG, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW....YAY YAY YAY

I am thrilled, I love my scale!

Guess all that running is REALLY paying off!

Leanne

CW 119.4 :lol:

YP1
06-11-2005, 12:11 PM
I love my scale too.

99.7kg this morning. (220lb). That's a number that doesn't start with a hundred.

Most wonderful scale, I am in awe. I will love you for as long as you keep me below 100.

Flower Fan 86
06-12-2005, 01:57 AM
Tulip

Aphids and white flies are common on peppers. Sounds like white flies. You can use an insecticidal soap. Do you have an extention office in your area? Here you can call up with questions and they research and give you different ideas for your gardening problems.
I volunteer in the plant clinic for our county. I am required to do so many hours a year for my Master Gardener status.

I went and bought a New pair of shorts. (Most of my things come from the Goodwill)
They are one size smaller!!!!!! Must be the new job.

Need to get to bed.
Hope everyone is doing great!

PrincessCherryJewel
06-13-2005, 11:47 AM
I don't like my scale. I gained back a pound. It must have been the chocolate, I'm sure. I still have two of the three candy bars uneaten on my stove! Okay, so inches...I did lose an inch altogether (waist and hips...of all things!) We went out to dinner and danced all night this past Friday- two hours of straight dancing! I'm soooooo hoping that will pay off. We don't do that very often- in fact, we never go dancing, so that was alot of fun!

Hope everyone's doing great!

Testament
06-13-2005, 12:49 PM
Hello everyone, my name is sam, and Im a scaleaholic. :dizzy: When I'm home, I jump on it everytime I go into my bathroom, usually 4 or 5 times a day, maybe more. I should start hiding it from myself. :lol:

Flower Fan 86
06-13-2005, 09:43 PM
Hello Sam!
Everyone is great here. Visit us often.

Ok I just got to tell you guys this.

My daughter had a softball tournament this weekend in our town. I ran in to my first boyfriends sister. His mane is Mat. They live about an hour from me. My mother told her that I was planning on getting a divorce. (saw each other in the doctors office) Well, Mat's wife died of cancer four years ago. He has not dated anyone. This is the guy that I have thought about for the last seventeen years! She told me that I need to contact him, because he has thought about me all this time! He had told her years ago that the biggest mistake in his life was not marrying me. I have ALWAYS felt the same way.

Do fairy tales ever come true?

Hotsplashes
06-14-2005, 12:44 AM
YAYYYYY for everyone!!!! I''m gone a few days and look at all the things happening!! WooHoo for Leeanne and her loss...YAYYYY for YP1 and her loss!! 99stone sounds sooo much lighter than it does in pounds..maybe i need to start measuring myself in stones? WOOHOO for FLower and the New shorts and the JOB and the Man!!!!! YAYYYYY for Cherry for losing an inch!! Welcome Testament!! You are among fellow addicts!! As Flower said..come back often!! Hay Tulip where are ya??? Michele...I have seen it and done it!!lol We'll have to compare Dobie notes!!

See everyone tomrrow!!

michellejy
06-14-2005, 12:15 PM
I'm here, just been busy doing everything EXCEPT the exercise stuff I should be doing. I'm just had to design an inventory report in my jewelry database so I am taking a couple of seconds while it is printing to tell you all I didn't fall off the face of the earth :)

PrincessCherryJewel
06-14-2005, 03:56 PM
Hey everyone!
Welcome Testament...I'm kinda new here too. I hope you come back often. Everyone in this group is very welcoming and you'll feel at home in no time!

FlowerFan...OMG! You have to keep us posted on that! I believe fairy tales do come true- don't pass it up. My mom dated a guy before she married my dad who went into the military and she never saw him again. She and my dad got a divorce and she began dating someone else (later to be my stepdad)...during that dating period, my mom's old boyfriend had come back from the military and looked her up to see her again. She never did anything about it-she married the guy she was dating-and it only worked out for a few years before they got divorced. I hope my mom will somehow come back in contact with that guy like you've come back in contact with your love! Follow your heart-take risks!!

I danced today. But only for a few minutes- better than nothing, I guess! :)

Hotsplashes
06-16-2005, 01:46 AM
Howdie doo Michelle and HRHCherry! Inventory and fairy tales...what a combo of topics!! My friend married a guy she dated forever in hischool..but didn't see for years until our HS reunion! and they are happy to this day! go figger!

I ate like crap today and feel horrible...all bloated like a soggy tater chip...ickky...will try better tomorrow!

LeanneM83
06-16-2005, 10:03 AM
Wow, who knew lost loves, aw, makes me weepy....in a good way!

My HS reunion is in 2 years, I cant wait only because I look MUCH better now than I did in Highschool, and maybe cuz I am married I will tell all the many guys I liked in HS but was too scared to tell them, that I liked them....lol....

Hotsplashes, maybe I asked you before where did you go to school?

Alright, I am sick so I am just chillin with the kids, but trying to beat this out of me by pretending I am not sick...lol...my dad is coming to visit tomorrow for a few days so I am busily cleaning and re-cleaning and re-re-cleaning the house....dang, who knew if you sit on the floor and stare at the wall you can see ALL the times your kids have touched the walls....HAHAHA......

Leanne

KTna
06-17-2005, 10:19 AM
Hello all. Wow, I haven't had a moment to myself lately. I was in a wedding last weekend, and that went very well. I can't wait to see the pictures. Another wedding this weekend (which I am not in, so that should be more relaxing). Somewhere in between the wedding I have been working on the basement. It is coming along, the carpet is to be installed tomorrow.

Congrats to everyone for staying off the scale. I mostly get on once a week now, and that is really working for me.

Knitting_a_Conundrum
06-17-2005, 10:48 AM
Absolutely a scale addict, every morning, and maybe at night once in awhile. Did you ever get dressed to go to the dr., then step on your scale in what you plan to wear to see what you might weigh on the drs. scales? :dizzy: I am guilty of that one too....

But I only do this when I feel good about what's happening. When I am unhappy about my progress, I don't come near to it. :(

But I only record my weight once a week, on Friday mornings.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-blue2/button-blue/lb/252/125/219/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

michellejy
06-17-2005, 11:37 AM
I've been ignoring my scale. I think the only thing that works for me is getting up and getting dressed or having something to eat/drink first thing in the morning. I know my clothes and that breakfast smoothie add at least 30 pounds ;)

LeanneM83
06-17-2005, 01:50 PM
HI everyone...

Well, I ALMOST forgot to weigh myself today, which doesnt sound like much but for me not to have it on my mind first thing is a step in the right direction!..My dad is coming up for the weekend, and I saw him a few months ago about 20lbs ago actually..haha...last time I was this size I was in grade 10 and 15 years old....11 years later hehehehehe

I still like my scale but I am not trying to lose any weight just maintain, but I have started a new running training program for my next race so we'll see how this body gets whipped into shape!

Leanne
CW 119.4

Hotsplashes
06-20-2005, 12:51 AM
Helloooooooo everyone...been sick the last few days but up and at em again...no scales this week cuz it's ToM again...I REFUSE to go near the scales at that time..

Welcome Knitting!!! Ohh i never tried the "weigh with clothing to see about the Dr.s scales" that is a good one! Glad you joined us...we are alwys happy to see new addicts!!!

KTn Glad to see you keeping up the work on the basement..don't forget...we're having a party in the new hometheater when yer done!!

See everyone tomorrow!!

michellejy
06-20-2005, 10:42 AM
I know I'm about to hit TOM too so it's definitely time for scale avoidance. Either that, or I really did gain 3-4 pounds overnight. :lol:

Flower Fan 86
06-20-2005, 11:03 PM
I had to sit here and think about what in the world TOM was! The light just went on!! LOL

I am going to start as well. So I do not plan on getting on the scale untill next week.

michellejy
06-21-2005, 10:32 AM
Internet abbreviations are fun, aren't they? When I first saw the term dh, I thought the woman was mad at her honey and the abbreviation was for d* head. :lol:

LeanneM83
06-24-2005, 02:53 PM
Hey fellow addicts...

where is everyone....are you all like me trying to get a great tan?? ha, ha....one advantage to having kids who want to be outside all the time is at least I am not going to be ghostly white...ha....

Hope everyone is doing well!!
Happy FRIDAY!!

Leanne

CW 119

Hotsplashes
06-25-2005, 02:43 AM
Sorry to be away for so long folks...worst case of flu in ages...just getting back now...hope I lost some weight!

Tulip-Fairy
06-25-2005, 09:18 AM
Hiya everyone,
I'm back on line...best thing DD could have done was to break the last pc! The engineer came and gave my old pc the last rights! :lol: but then brought us a new one, it's got windows xp and it's so much faster than the old one, broadband really is very fast (when it doesn't have to wait for your 'puter to cough n splutter) so i promise i will bore you daily with my internet dribble.

Weight is still the same, neither up nor down...this is the longest time that i've stayed like this....i need to either up my exersice or cut out some of the naughty stuff i'm eating!!

Glad to see we have some newbies to the group.....it does help us old lot to stay sane....well almost!

Flower...my garden is bearing fruit ('n veg!!) i've been eating salad from my own garden, if feel soooooo enviromental, we've had lettuces, raddishes, herbs, my new pots are nearly ready and the broad beans, tomatoes cougettes are all coming on nicely...i should also have some baby leeks in a few weeks...how's yours growing?
As for TOM, when we are supporting each other on SAA 1 & 2 after a while all our TOM's came at the same time, that's how close we all were...it was soooo wierd... :dizzy: :lol:

Hope you feel better soon Splashes...i just hate getting flu in summer, it really takes it out of you! fingers crossed for your weight loss! :p

To the Bronzed Leanne - don't forget the suncream....DD went to the lido the other day and even though she was using waterproof Factor 30 she still burnt her shoulders....ouch! Love the picture...you are looking sooooo slim

Ktn....have i missed my party invite?? what film are we gonna watch first?

Knitting - I have weighed myself in my favourite outfits..funny my favourite ones are usually the ones that wiegh the least!!! :lol:

Well that's enough from me for one day...now i'm back online, i'll pop in tomorrow and post again..

Until next time Scalesaholics
Tulip

Flower Fan 86
06-27-2005, 12:34 AM
Hello All!!

Have been looking for a place for me and the girls to live. Not much around in my price range. My youngest daughter wants to stay in this school, but I just can not find anything. It is breaking my heart to see her so sad. She has a hard time making friends.
Going to call around to see if I can get into an attorney. Need to get all my ducks in a row.
Have been just feeling sick. It has to be the stress.
Please keep praying for me!!!!

Tulip-Fairy
06-27-2005, 09:28 AM
I'm praying for you Flower...lots of positive vibes heading cross the atlantic!!! Good luck in finding something suitable.

hey it's been very quite around here...are you all out enjoying the sunshine??

Weight the same...eating a little erratic but not too bad..hope your all doing well...i'll try to pop in later to keep us on the front page (i'm bragging coz i have the internet connection to do it now....LOL!!!)

Hotsplashes
06-28-2005, 01:22 AM
I'm still with you too Flower!! Something good will come your way!!!

Tulip glad to hear things are good in puter land!! I have broadband too...go thru withdrawals if I don't have it!Lol

Heat here as abominable..humidity is what makes it bad..doesn't help me being sick either...I had better be losing some weight!!

Tulip-Fairy
06-28-2005, 08:13 AM
Good afternoon everyone..jumped on the scales this morning and it still says the same...what do i have to do to loose the last 2lbs????? I've been really good, no time really due to long shifts soooooo why is it not moving???

Hope everyone is enjoying what ever they are doing that is keeping htem from the 'puter!

LeanneM83
06-28-2005, 10:27 AM
I agree with HS, it is HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT in HEEERRRE

lol, I weighed myself this morning and nearly fainted...WHAT??? 117.4???????????? OMG, OMG, OMG....YAY It has been so hot, my tan is getting awesome, my kids are pooped right out at night, and I have been SOOOOO busy I havent been SNacking like I usually do, PLUS my new running program is AWESOME....needless to say all is going well right now....(knock on wood)

Happy TUesday everyone

Leanne

117.4 (must be a fluke)

KTna
06-30-2005, 09:51 AM
We haven't decided yet which movie we will see in the theater first. We are big Harry Potter fans though...

Some pics if anyone is interested:

http://www.photohost.org/gallery/showgallery.php/ppuser/503/cat/500

Tulip-Fairy
06-30-2005, 10:12 AM
wow kTna it's gonna be great when it's finished...and a games room -- brilliant!!! Can't wait for the movie invitation!!! lol

Hi Leanne, 117lbs???? That's amazing...i wish i could loose those final pounds....running it off is a bit drastic for me tho....lol

where is eveyone?

Hotsplashes
07-01-2005, 01:23 AM
Hellooooooooooo ladies!! Don't ask what I weigh...I had company up from Illinois and of course went whole hog and pretty sure I gained a ton...but this is good cuz I am too scared to step on the scales!Lol

Leanne don't loose too much or you'll fade away!!

KT I'm still telling you I can just pitch my tent in yer entertainment room!! Looks awesome so far!! Keep up the great work!

Tulip...I think you and I are the kind of people who if we were rich would hire people to run for us!!Lol

I'll see everyone some time tomorrow...am working OT on the Canadian Holiday...love the money!!!

Flower Fan 86
07-01-2005, 05:39 PM
Hello everyone!

Running is not for me. I walk faster than I run!

Looked at a SMALL house today. I think it might work. Going to talk to the attorney before I do anything.

I did get on the scale and I have lost a bit more. That is the only thing that is good about being stressed out. Just wish it would come off somewhere other than the girls!

Have a great day!

Tulip-Fairy
07-03-2005, 02:28 PM
lol @ splashes.....I would pay people to eat healthy food for me too ;-) while i eat all the junk!! lol

Good luck at the attorney's Flower...I'm praying for you!

Well my scales are being kind to me, and my diet is pretty poor so i'll probably pay for it in a day or two....think i better clean up my act before it starts to show!!

Weather is brilliant here, we are spending lots of time in the garden, the veggies are growing well so i have no excuses not to eat healthily!

Tulip

michellejy
07-03-2005, 10:55 PM
Hey, all... just wanted to say hi and that I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. I haven't been doing great with diet or exercise lately and really need to get back on track. I guess I'm hoping if I say that often enough, it will eventually happen :lol:

Running... well, as I told my husband when I first met him four years ago, "I would run only if being chased. On second thought, I don't think even that would do it. I'd probably just die a tragic horror movie style death." ;)

Flower, good luck to you. Even though I really wanted a divorce a long time before I actually managed to get my ex-husband to agree to one, it's still a difficult thing to go through- worrying about how your child(ren) will be impacted and such. Of course, I can definitely say that I wasn't happily married, but I was very happily divorced :D

Hotsplashes
07-04-2005, 01:30 AM
We've been burning candles for you, Flower!! Keep up the strong pace!
Tulip...i miss my veggie garden! Enjoy the fruits(veggies) of your labors!
Michelle, I love that saying...I'd probably die a tragic horrormovie style death...too funny...I'll get back on the wagon with you!!

Working TONS of OT this week folks so you prolly won't see me from Tuesday till Thursday...Keep the Thread going!!

Tulip-Fairy
07-04-2005, 08:01 AM
Morning everyone!

I think it's a tradgedy....the amount of women on this site with terrible balance...all that falling off those darn wagon's...I think we should re-name this thread Wagon fall off-er's Anon!!!!! That could be another reason why were all so reluctant to post. I know i feel much better about posting postive news like "hey haven't i done well" etc.

Come you guys lets all jump back on the wagon together...we'll all hold each other's hand so we don't fall off again...what do you say???

I for one need to be strict with myself, i need to loose this last half a stone and i won't do it by eating what i have been doing. Leanne, your a brilliant role model i vote for you to be our main cheerleader, to coax us into becoming like you (without the running bit tho-) lol see previous posts re: me & Splashes and running!!! Post all what you eat, if you have to admit to it, maybe it will deter us little pickers NOT to do it??!

Today i have had 2 pieces of Granary toast lightly buttered and a cup of black coffee...not sure what i'm having for lunch...but i'll post it when i do!

Well it's chucking it down here so there will be no sunbathing or gardening for me so it looks like I've got no other excuse but to do the housework!! ba humbug!!

See you all tomorrow...

LeanneM83
07-04-2005, 08:56 AM
lol
Ladies, I tell ya running is AWESOME...and my scale is even better....I was 116lbs this morning YAY...and I swear it is all from running...I am going to ENJOY this totally...
We are leaving for the inlaws tomorrow, I am still undecided if my scale will come with us or not...aaaaaaaaaaah, probably WILL but I'll try my hardest to "forget" it at home...hahahaha

Happy Monday everyone...

Leanne

Flower Fan 86
07-05-2005, 10:29 PM
I found a house!!!

It is small but clean and in an ok area. Going to move out on Sunday. Have all my family comming to help. Not going to say a word to him about it untill then.

If any of you are in my neck of the woods stop by and help! LOL It would be good exercise!

Have a great day everyone!