Support Groups - Sanctuary - #17 Everyone Welcome

View Full Version : Sanctuary - #17 Everyone Welcome

LuckyLadyBug
04-03-2005, 09:37 AM
http://home.ripway.com/2004-11/203718/Welcome/Welcomehotpinkblink.gif

What we really want in a weight loss support group, boils down to one concept; we are looking for a sanctuary.

Sanctuary means different things to different people. Sanctuary is a place of peace, rest, safety, and rejuvenation. It keeps our spirit and our sanity intact.

Many of us who have a long journey down the weight loss path find ourselves in need of a break. Sometimes our bodies crave it, and sometimes the choice isn't ours, but circumstances forces it upon us. Other times, we need the clamoring throng to cheer us along our way as we breeze past milestones and overcome obstacles.

Sanctuary can be all that as well. It is what you need and when you need it. Sanctuary can be found in good friends who aren’t afraid of your truths and in an open, honest atmosphere.

Sanctuary isn’t judgmental, neither does it discriminate or ask to be censured. It is open to anyone with a desire to share, and especially those in need of and willing to offer support

redballoon
04-03-2005, 09:58 AM
Wow, the threads sure change fast around here! OK, I've found you. Now to wait till I say anything. . . I'm hitting the hay here, late Sunday night! Ciao all. Later! :wave:

LuckyLadyBug
04-03-2005, 10:16 AM
Every summer my two sisters and their families come to visit for a week. Since they come from Arkansas I always try to have all the grocery shopping done so we don't have to do that.

I have them send me recipes of what they want to have and ideas for meals.

My one niece emailed me they wanted Coke so I stocked up with 4 cases.

When they get here my one sister says "who the h_ll is the Coke for"? I said you, your daughter told me that is what you drink which surprised me because I thought you drank Pepsi. She says "I DO". Then it hits her - the coke/pop thing and the North/South thing. :lol: Actually SHE didn't think it was funny at all!!!! She made the kids drink all the Coke and forbid her daughter from suggesting ideas to me!!!!

Gloria: Where exactly is this garden with the tomatoes? If you see a strange women out there picking them - DON'T Shoot!!!! It's me! :)

Kuddo's to your sweet hubby.

Tricia: Loved your office supply story!:lol3:

Didn't you say you wrap your knees sometimes? My question is, if my knee hurts and I wrap it to exercise will that make things worse? Or does the wrap make the knee "perform" better during exercise and not cause anymore hurt?

Congrats on the "1LB less than highest in college"!!!! You go girl, you are my inspiration. :cheer:

Okay, it's a trend:
Try a variety until you find a few that you like. If you want, I'll be happy to send you a couple of my favorite fruit and vegetable recipes for you to try. Just PM me if you do.

I would love those recipes too, Tricia

Chelsea: Congrats on the 5 lb loss!!!!

BarbPA: WELCOME BACK and DO NOT disappear again!!!

I am happy you found a new doctor you like and that your results were good.

The evening meal to me is dinner. I lived in the Cities for 30 years and that is what it is called there but in the country (where I am now) it is supper. When I first moved back my best friend from high school invited me to a dinner but I told her I couldn't go because I had another committment.

Later one lady where I worked said she was going to this event and was leaving work at NOON!!!! :o Then it dawned on me that my friend had meant this same event so I called and apologized. :lol: Now when someone asks me for dinner or supper I say dinner at noon or dinner in the evening!!!:rofl:

Well, I have to get more :coffee: into me.

I will check in later, it is suppose to be nice here today!!!

:lucky:

lucky
04-03-2005, 12:05 PM
Good morning! How is everyone handling the time change? It isn't so bad for me today - but tomorrow when I'm trying to drag the kids out of bed for school at what seems like and hour too soon- I don't think it is going to be pretty!

Are our 2x2 weights due today? I remember someone starting another one but couldn't remember who or when. Anyway, my weight on the 20th was 167.2 and this morning I was at 164 exactly. So put me down for 3.2 pounds lost over the two week period.

We are in for a gorgeous day today. We are on our way out now to enjoy it. It is still a little soggy from all of the rain we've had but I don't care - we need to bask in the sunshine for a while! I am think I am going to take the kids to fly a kite. It won't take long as I am like Charlie Brown. Mine ALWAYS gets eaten by a tree. Even when we start out in a wide open field - I don't know how it happens, but it does.

Gloria - I've been meaning to ask about Sky. How is your sweetie doing these days?

Lucky, I'll PM you my favorite veggie recipes as soon as I can. Or, if you want to PM your email address to me I can send them in a word file.

Okay, I'm off. You all have a terrific day!

LuckyLadyBug
04-03-2005, 02:44 PM
http://home.ripway.com/2004-11/203718/Congratulations/congratsrainbow.gif Tricia - YAHOO for you.

I went out to start raking and my neighbors dang dog has dug a huge hole under one of the sheds - it's a constant problem that never gets resolved. Mainly because my neighbor is my brother & his family and the dog belongs to my sister-in-law!!!! Get the picture!!! :rolleyes:

I came in after only 1 1/2 hours because I don't feel so hot. I started to get a sore throat yesterday and now my head feel woozy - :dizzy:

Anyway, I am off to sit on my newly cleaned porch (yesterday) and watch some Oprah & Dr. Phil. I need to do some paperwork but that can wait for another time!!

Later,

LuckyLadyBug
04-03-2005, 02:47 PM
Andria, I have been meaning to ask, Is Tony EVER going to post again????? I miss his musings.

Also a reminder to Andria and BarbG and BarbPA to get in here and post. And where oh where has Skitt gone?????

Come out, come out - I need everyones support here!!!!! I will even give some! :D

lucky
04-04-2005, 08:56 AM
Good Morning! :coffee2:

Boy, this daylight savings time is a KILLER on the first day of school! It makes for cranky, cranky, children - an mom and dad aren't in the best of moods! :lol:

My in-laws live in Ohio and they sent of pictures of the 8 inches of snow that they woke up to yesterday. Oh my goodness. I almost felt guilty frolicking around in our 75 degree weather!

I was reading one of the support threads about clothing sizes. They were discussing the differences in sizes today compared to 10 years ago. I had never thought about it before but today's sizes are much bigger than they used to be. I was reading an old journal for fun, and sure enough, at this weight back then I was complaining that the smallest size I could fit into was a 14 - and they were snug. At the same weight today I am in a 12 - and some (only some) of them are a little loose. Don't get me wrong, I like the number 12 but realizing it isn't what I remember sort of stole some of my thunder. :( Oh, well. I still have to lose the same amount of weight regardless of clothing size so I am pressing on!

We have a busy day today. Addie starts speech therapy this morning. She is very excited because she will be at the same school as her big brother. She is a "big" girl now. It will be nice to have a little one on one time with Jake. It is so hard to give either of the boys individual attention like that. Addie by nature gets it because she will hang out with me while I paint my nails, etc. But I really have to make an effort to make sure that Will and Jake get their time too. So, having both Will and Addie in school (even though Addie will only be there 45 minutes) will build in that extra time for Jake a couple times a week.

Well, we are off. I hope everyone has a great day!

Tricia

5 dogs
04-04-2005, 09:15 AM
Thanks for asking about Sky Tricia. You are such a sweet person. Around 4 o'clock yesterday i was in the process of typing a post and telling everyone that Sky hasn't had an epileptic seizure in about a month. Then i hear Carl yelling at me to come quick because Sky was having a seizure. Between 4 o'clock and 7 o'clock yesterday, Sky had 4 seizures and another 2 this morning between 6 and 8 A.M. I made an app. with my vet to take her in in about half in hour. I will let you know the outcome A.S.A.P.
Gloria

5 dogs
04-04-2005, 07:04 PM
I took Sky to the vet this morning and they did blood work on her to find out if there might be some other problem that is causing her seizures. I wont know till tomorrow what the vet can do for her.

So where is everyone? Out enjoying this beautiful day? Have to get supper started so hopeful i will be able to talk later tonight.
Gloria

LuckyLadyBug
04-04-2005, 07:18 PM
Gloria, I will say a prayer for Sky - maybe I should send my cat over to comfort Sky. :lol:

Tricia: I have heard that about clothes sizes too. Everyone just wants to mess with our minds.

Well, I have to have dinner (evening meal) and do bills!!!! (jealous)

Later,

lucky
04-04-2005, 10:15 PM
Gloria You and Sky are in my thoughts. I hope all works out for the best, whatever the outcome. Bless both you.

For those of us with a sweet tooth I have found the most awesome product. They are ice cream sandwiches by Skinny Cow. They are pretty big, only 130 calories, 2 grams of fat. They have 23 carbs and 2 grams of fiber - but I don't count carbs so I don't know if that is a lot for those of you who do. They come 6 to a pack. Three are chocolate wafers with chocolate ice cream and the other three are chocolate wafers with vanilla ice cream. I am utterly surprised by how good these things are. They taste like I'm cheating! :devil:

I just came in from the gym and since I spent a little time in the tanning bed before I left I am awefully smelly - hope you can't smell me from there! :lol:
So, I am hitting the shower and falling right into bed - I'm not really tired but I've got to force myself to accept this time change some time.

Hope you all have a good night!
Tricia

5 dogs
04-05-2005, 10:17 AM
The vet just called about Sky's blood work and he said everything looks good. The doctor said yesterday that sometimes the seizures are caused by the thyroid and not epilepsy. Now i have to wait another two weeks for another test to come in before we can start her on medication. The vet asked me why i hadn't started her on meds before this, i told him i have five dogs and money is an issue. Hopefully he will give me a discount on the medication Sky will have to take the rest of her life.

Now for the good news. When i go to bed at night, i have to sleep on my side because my head just won't turn far enough to the side so i can sleep on my stomach. For those of you that don't know this, i was in a car accident in 2003 and had to have an operation on my neck. Anyway, what usually happens when i first go to bed at night, my stomach flops on one side of the bed while the rest of me is on the other. I usually pull the covers up over me before Carl comes to bed so he wont see my jelly belly. Since riding old blue, there is less flopping and Carl is actually able to sleep in the middle of his side of the bed without having to hold onto the side to keep from falling off. Before the accident i was able to do setups, but now I'm physically unable to do them. I know its only been a week since i started riding my bike, but when i look in the mirror i don't look six months pregnant anymore, its more like three months now. Happy dance for me.

Gloria http://home.ripway.com/2005-2/258262/0824a.gif

katrinabgood
04-05-2005, 10:41 AM
Hola, mi amigas!

I'm back, I have LOTS of catching up to do, reading posts, laundry, you name it. Our trip was FABULOUS. Hot, sunny, beachy days, lots of pina coladas, great food and I DIDN'T GAIN ANY WEIGHT!!!!! We did a lot of walking and swimming, but the fact that our rooms were on the third floor, and our suite itself had two floors, may have had something to do with that!

We came home Saturday, no, make that Sunday. We were SUPPOSED to come home Saturday. We were told to get to the Cancun Airport about 3 hours ahead of time, so we could turn in the car, get through the security checks, blah blah blah. We sailed through all that, had breakfast and sat down to wait....and wait....and wait...and then we waited some more. 12 hours after we got there, we got on a plane. Everyone thought it was the bad weather on the East coast causing the delays, but it turned out there was some mechanical difficulties on the plane. <I really didn't need to know that, thank you very much, Miss Informative Stewardess> ...we actually arrived in Newark Airport around 3:30 am or thereabouts. Throw in waiting for baggage and clearing customs AND the time change...we were in our home, finally, around 6am...with the anniversary party starting at 1:00.

Somehow, it all went off without a hitch...the party was wonderful, just wonderful, I think my folks are still on cloud nine about the whole thing!

I spent yesterday catching up on my sleep, food shopping, unpacking, laundry, carting the boy to the orthdontist and karate, picking the dog up from the kennel and then went back to work last night...I NEED A NAP!

I'll catch you all later after I've rested a bit...

Chelseagirl
04-05-2005, 05:36 PM
Hey Gang!

How is everyone?? I'm tired right now, just got back from the store. I tried to buy healthy things. :) I'm still trying to get over this retched upper respiratory infection. Ick!!

I felt kind of down these past couple of days because there were a few things that I ate that I probably shouldn't have. But then I started writing in my journal, and I started feeling better, because I realized that all the bad things that I ate in those three days, I could have easily eaten in one day flat normally! So that made me feel better that I was still doing quite a bit better than normal. I don't think I'll be losing 5 lbs in 5 days again though! But hopefully still some.

Gloria-I'm so sorry to hear about your dogs seizures! I hope everything turns out for the best! And good for you for not having as much stomach as before! Yay!!

I don't have my Sign Language class tonight...yippee! I really do like it, but it's far away, and usually in traffic. And I'm so tired right now that I'm glad I don't have to make the trip!

I walked today and a little later I'm planning on doing my arm excersises. I really do feel better!

Anyhoo, I'm gonna get off of here for now. I'll talk to you all soon!
Chelsea ;)

Chelseagirl
04-05-2005, 05:41 PM
P.S.- Kat-Very nice to meet you! You don't know me because I'm fairly new here, but am enjoying being here very much! I look forward to getting to know you better too!
Chelsea

katrinabgood
04-05-2005, 05:45 PM
Just popping in for a quick peek....HI! Chelsea! Nice to 'meet' you too! Where in CA are you? My in laws are in California...biggest city they're closest to I guess, would be Fresno. I look forward to getting to know more about you too!

Hi to everyone else!

later....

Chelseagirl
04-05-2005, 06:13 PM
:wave: I am in Corona. Not too many people know where that is. It's right next to Riverside. I like it here, but it gets too darn hot during the summer, that's for sure! But I guess it could be worse! I don't really know where Fresno is, but I've sure heard of it. I just don't know geographically where it is. :wave:

lucky
04-05-2005, 07:28 PM
Chelsea, what are you taking sign language classes for? I ask because I have an aunt (she's deceased now-killed in a car accident several years ago) whose parents were deaf. She ended up being a jack of all trades in communications. She was a speech pathologist and worked with kids as well as adult victims of things like stroke that required speech therapy. But, she was an interpretor as well. As a matter of fact, she was Bill Clinton's interpretor while he was govenor of Arkansas and president. Our family is pretty split politically speaking, but we all got a kick out of seeing her on TV during his speeches and the like.
Anyway, I always admired all of the work that she did and it was so interesting to hear about as well. She taught me some sign language when I was younger but I don't remember much of it. All that to say, I bet your classes are interesting. If I ever have extra time on my hands sign language would be something I would like to learn.

Gloria, are you doing okay? I know you are worried about Sky. I'm still thinking of you both!

Kat, welcome back! I am so glad to hear you had an awesome trip. And not gaining weight on vacation? Well, that is some accomplishment! Are you golden brown from all of the sunshine? Oh, how I am looking forward to our trip to Gulf Shores - it isn't Mexico, but it will do. And sounds like your party was a blast - I bet you are glad it is over, huh? I'm happy you had fun.

I'm having one of those days that I am hungry but there really isn't anything in particular that I want to eat. So, I've been snacking all day as opposed to having a real lunch and dinner. I'm doing fine on calories but I just can't seem to find what it is I really want so I don't feel satisfied. I am trying to motivate myself to go to the gym. I want to go exercise, I just don't want to get ready to go exercise. I'd walk or something here but the weather is yucky. I guess I just have a case of the BLAHS today. I think I'll try to hit the sack a little early tonight and see if I can't sleep it off.

Oh, and I am happy to report that I have all of a sudden lost the urge to weigh myself every day. As you all know I usually hop on at least a couple times a day. I'm not sure but I think it is because I'm comfortable with my weight right now and anything I lose from here is gravy. Don't get me wrong, I'm still actively persuing 135, I've just lost the urgency in getting there. I guess I have reached the point where I know I'll get there eventually so I'm not sweating the timeframe quite so much. Now, lets just hope this newfound freedom from the scale isn't just some silly phase!

Alright, I'm off to force myself to get my gym clothes on. Y'all have a great night!

Tricia

lucky
04-05-2005, 07:36 PM
Oh, Gloria, I meant to ask what you decided to do about your hair. I made an appointment today to have mine colored. I've been my natural color for about 10 years now. I've always sworn that I would age gracefully and not try to hide my gray hair. Never say never - the more gray hair I get the more insane trying to age gracefully seems. I don't have too much now but it is enough. I figure that if I'm going to do something about it now is the time! I'm in your predicament though, in that I'm not sure exactly what I want. The same person has cut my hair since I was in the 8th grade so I trust her judgement. I might just close my eyes and tell her to surprise me!

LuckyLadyBug
04-05-2005, 08:42 PM
Kat: I am glad you are back & had fun but you were missed.

Gloria: Sounds like maybe good news for Sky.

Tricia:Are your BLAHS over?

Chelsea: I used to tell my brother we should learn sign language so we could communicate in front of other family members without them knowing what we were saying - I thought it would have been handy when his kids were younger - would have drove them nuts.

Well, that's it for me - I have a terrible cold & sore throat. I came home from work early, took Nyquil and slept. Just got up to use my steamer and thought I would check in on you.

When does Cheryll come back?

5 dogs
04-06-2005, 04:25 PM
http://home.ripway.com/2005-2/258262/GetWell.gif

redballoon
04-06-2005, 04:35 PM
You're too sweet, 5dogs. So busy here, that's why I haven't posted. Only time for 1 or 2 threads! Hoping you can take care of your dog. I know what it's like to have sick animals and very little money. :yes:

5 dogs
04-06-2005, 07:14 PM
Boy am i tired. When Sky had the six seizures a couple of days ago, she had no control over her bowels so my house was starting to smell like dog pee. YUCK! I have hardwood floors with a large area rug in the living room and dining room. Because my rugs are berber carpeting, they can withstand a lot of scrubbing, so today i dragged my living room carpet out to the driveway, hosed it down and scrubbed it real good. I have a hoover carpet cleaner that sucked all the dirt and smells out of it. I cant clean my rugs while there still in the house because wood and water don't get along and by cleaning my rugs this way, i can also sweep up any sand and dirt that is under the rug. I also don't have to worry about mold or mildew under my rug after cleaning it, so by tomorrow morning the rug should be dry and ready to be put back. But, boy am i tired.

Went bike riding this morning to the store where they had buy one, get two free boneless skinless chicken breast on sale. Limit one sale per customer. Will have to go again tomorrow morning and get three more packages. Guess what i will be eating this week? On my way back from the store someone had put out for the trash a step stool that i just know i can find some use for. There i was, two plastic bags on the handle bars with my frozen meat and a wooden step stool balancing on one leg. Maybe i am a dumpster diver after all.

Chelsea, my daughter Jamie was studying to become a licensed sign language interpreter before the Army send her to Iraq. Jamie was living in Iowa at the time, but when she returned from Iraq she had a boyfriend (Now her fiancÚ) and he owns a home in Az., so she is going to college there now. Jamie has long slender fingers and when she would talk in sign language it was magical to watch.

I really am tired so might just go lay down a little before i start supper.
Sorry i didn't talk to all of you. Maybe later tonight i will be able to post something.

Have a great evening.
Gloria

LuckyLadyBug
04-06-2005, 08:39 PM
G L O R I A I love the picture - that is exactly how I feel!!! Thank you!!!

I still have a sore throat and am now a coughing fool!:joker:

Wow, Gloria, come and visit me will you - I could use you to help me with my Spring house and yard cleaning.

Don't ya just love it when you find something useful - FREE! :lol:

Red, Chelsea, Kat, BarbG, BarbPA, Cheryll, Andria, Tricia, Tony!!!! Come out and post - I know that would make my throat feel better!!! ;)

Well, I am off to hit the Nyquil. :faint:

lucky
04-06-2005, 09:25 PM
I can't tell you all how much I have missed posting today. I didn't realize how addicted to this I am! :lol:

We've had terrible weather today and I kept losing my connection to our server. I got a post in on another thread and then gave up. I am glad to be back! It was just as well, I guess. We had a really busy day.

Addie had speech this morning which is always a chore because she starts at 8:10 and only goes for half an hour. So, I drop Will off at 7:30 then have to find something to do for the next 40 minutes. We live close to the school but if I went home I'd be late getting back by the time I got Jake and Addie out of the car and then back in. After that, Jake and I have to find something to do for the next 30 mintues - not much you can get done in such a short time. Normally we would just hang out and he'd play on the playground but the weather has made that impossible lately. Then I had a conference with Will's teacher this afternoon. Anyway, we just had a bunch of little things like that to do today and I have to say it wore me out.

I did make it to the gym. Admittedly, I wasn't very motivated. The class I went to was great - 45 minutes of step. But after that, I just couldn't get into the weights and all. I did a few and then just came home. Yesterday and today were really "fat" days for me. My food and exercise were on track but I just had that blech fat feeling. :( I think it has passed now though. I really think it must be the weather and the fact that we haven't been able to get outside as much a usual.

Gloria Since we are still housebreaking Daisy, I know what you mean about the dog pee. Of course, she's just a puppy so we aren't talking huge puddles or anything. We have hardwood floors too and I would much rather clean them than have to scrub carpet. We have three oriental rugs that, thank goodness, she's avoided so far. I hope my luck holds out! :crossed:

Lucky, you need to get better soon! I hope the Nyquil gives you a good nights rest and fixes you right up.

Speaking of which, I am off to help get teeth brushed and read bedtime stories. After that Greg has promised me a back rub. Now if I can convince him to rub my feet too I'll be one happy lady!

Oh, and tomorrow is the day I get my hair colored. Everybody say a little prayer that it turns out okay!

Goodnight All!
Tricia

qsilver
04-07-2005, 11:34 AM
Hey everyone :)

My kids and I have been so very sick this last week. They weren't feeling well last week and had to stay home from school Friday, but we were pretty sure they would be well by Monday. Monday came around and we took them to the doctor and came home with inhalers, codeine cough syrup, prednisone and a nebulizer (sp?) for breathing treatments. Wow! I have been taking super good care of myself since mine started up Sunday because I a) can't take the time off work, and b) can't take time off from being a mommy! :lol: I'm beginning to feel a bit better now and so are the girls, thank goodness. My kids and I don't get sick often, but when we do, it just lays us out.

Kat, I am so glad your vacation and the party were wonderful! All that sun and fun sound so refreshing! :)

Lucky, you feeling better yet, hon? I can hardly wait to be able to breathe well enough to exercise again.

Chelsea, we were learning sign language along with my littlest one when she was 3. It was great fun, and I couldn't believe how fast she was picking up on the basics. When she was finally able to begin speaking, she dropped the sign language really quickly. I had to laugh at that, because one of her grandparents had been viciously opposed to teaching her ASL, saying that it would keep her from speaking at all. :P to her! ASL is cool! I would loved to get back to taking classes in it, especially because my daughter's best friend has two hearing impaired parents, and it would be nice to be able to communicate more easily with them.

Gloria, the image of you with all the chicken and that step stool while riding the bike just had me chuckling. :) Great inspiration about losing your belly! That is my absolute worst problem area. Maybe I should just get brave, maybe buy a knee brace, and get out on the bike! Also, I'll keep my fingers crossed for them to find a way to treat your Sky, and that it will be within your means.

Tricia, WOW! about being beneath your college weight! That would just blow me away! Thanks for sharing it with us, because it reminds me of things I can look forward to as milestones. :)

I know there are others to respond to, but because I haven't been feeling well, I have a lot to catch up on here. I have an article due tomorrow and two interviews left before I can begin writing. Ugh! There is a new assistant editor, and I really don't want to give her a bad first impression. That wouldn't bode well for an assignment writer (translate that out to be one bare step above freelance writer!). :lol: This article is supposed to be about home parties, and I didn't think it was going to be all that exciting. One of the parties they had me checking out is called a slumber party. Think adult here, and you'll have the right idea. I scraped myself together last night and attended one. I have to admit, I was really wide-eyed about most of their products. The party was a blast and everything was handled in a discreet and tasteful manner, but ummm... Wow... :lol:

Ok, I'm out of here. Wish me luck. My work week starts again tonight. Blah!

Andria

Chelseagirl
04-07-2005, 12:20 PM
I loved reading all your experiences with Sign Language! They were really fun!

Tricia-That is too cool about your Aunt! Sounds like she was a very talented lady! I am going to go to school to be an interpreter. But for now I'm just taking the one day a week community class at the Calif. School for the Deaf. I just love the language! Not just the signs themselves, but the mechanics of the language! :)

Gloria-THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE CUTE GET WELL MESSAGE!!! I am feeling somewhat better, but I still have a mean cough! Ugh! So your daughter is going back to school to be an ASL interpreter?? Very cool! It's a lot of schooling, but it will be worth it!

Lucky-I sure hope you are feeling better!!

I am sorry I haven't been on here as much as when I first started to post, but that is because my mom's off on disability right now, and when she is home, I don't have as much time to get on the computer. So my email piles up too. Right now she is at a meeting with her company. I hope they are not letting her go completely! That would not be good at all!!

Well, tomorrow is my weigh in day. I sure hope I've lost some more! I look forward to it, yet I dread it as well. Because if I haven't lost a decent amount of weight I'll be dissappointed. But I need to be realistic too.

Talk to you guys hopefully tomorrow!
Chelsea

Chelseagirl
04-07-2005, 12:23 PM
p.s.-Tricia-Congratulations on losing the urge to weigh every day!!! That's a big accomplishment! And I'm so happy to hear you are content with your weight!!

5 dogs
04-07-2005, 03:05 PM
Your all probably tired of hearing about my adventures on old blue, but i an absolutely flabbergasted by the results I've accomplished. What would have taken me a month at least to achieve has only taken a week and a half. I have a pair of blue jean shorts that i tried to wear two weeks ago but couldn't get them even half way up over my butt, but now i can actual get them on and zipped up. My skinny clothes are almost getting to big on me. I hope I'm not loosing to much to fast. I heard that when you lose a lot of weight really fast, it can come back just as fast when you stop or miss a couple of days of exercising. Never thought i would hear me say something like that. I think the reason why i LOVE ridding my bike so much is because i get an instant reward. When i work very hard to peddle up a small hill, i know that what's on the other side is all down hill and absolute heaven. I feel like a kid in a candy store that just found a 20 dollar bill on the floor. Weeeeee.
So enough about me and old blue already!

You never said what color your changing your hair to Tricia. Did you also get your hair cut? I still don't know what to do with my hair. Right now its a blond/light auburn color that looks good but my roots are starting to show.

http://home.ripway.com/2005-2/258262/Folder%20Name/mouse_quiet_shh_lg_nwm.gif

Don't tell anyone, but i have never been a true red head in my life.

I don't think i told you WELCOME BACK Kat. I was wondering how you were doing? Sure is good to have you back though.

My rug should be dry by now so best be getting it inside before it starts to rain.
Later.
Gloria

lucky
04-07-2005, 04:23 PM
Andira, I am glad you found the time to post. I know it isn't easy with a house full of sick little ones. Will had to have a nebulizer when he was a baby - maybe two years old. Ugh, what a nightmare that was! Those toddlers can be awfully slippery especially when you are trying to do something that scares them to death! I remember the nurse telling me to wait until he was asleep. Well, that was stupid because it just woke him up and then I had to deal with a tired, cranky, and scared toddler. Thank goodness he finally stopped putting up a fight - just about the time we were doing his last 2 or 3 treatments!

Oh, and I've been to one of those parties before. I thought it was a blast! I thought it was fun to see everyone's reactions. There were a lot of comments like, "I"m getting this as a gag gift for a bachlorette party" - Yeah Right!

Gloria, I ended up putting in some golden highlights and I really, really like them. I only had a trim because I am trying to grow my hair out some. Anyway, she said that I didn't have enough gray to need an overall color to cover them so I went with the highlights to just blend them in. I can see them enough to feel like I got my money's worth but they aren't so obvious that they look terribly unnatural.

And, PLEASE, don't stop telling us about your bike excursions! I love a good adventure story. I don't think you are at risk of regaining the weight you've lost. Biking is such good exercise and terrific resistence work on your legs. I bet you are actually losing fat at a very reasonable rate but all of that peddling is building muscles and reshaping your legs. That is probably the reason your clothes fit so loose now. I think you are doing GREAT! So, what did you decide to do with the stool you found?

Chelsea, don't dread your weigh in it is such a waste of precious energy. I am sure your results are fine. And it they aren't what you had hoped, well, you can't change that now - but you can make the necessary adjustments for your next weigh in. I hope you see all of your hard work paying off!

Alright, we are off to karate. Y'all have a great night!

Tricia

5 dogs
04-08-2005, 10:34 AM
Yesterday while riding old blue i saw a sign hanging from a telephone post that said GARAGE SALE this way. I figured it was an old sign from last weekend, but what the heck, what could it hurt to check it out. So i followed the signs and they brought me to this house where the garage door was open and a man and a ton of stuff was inside. The man looked like he was trying to clean up the garage, so i asked him about the sale. He said it would be this Saturday but if i wanted to look now then that would be okay. He had a 1960 Ethan Allen love seat that also pulled out to make a single bed. The fabric was this awful burnt orange color but the frame and bed were in excellent condition. I asked him how much he wanted for the love seat and he said "80 dollars. Well shoot, i can always reupholster the darn thing, so i offered him 75 and he took it.
The house we have in upper Georgia only has a bed, rocking chair and small T.V., so this love seat will give us something to sit on when we go up there.

Tricia, one of my dogs is very old and has a hard time jumping up on the bed to greet hubby and me in the morning, so the stool i went dumpster diving for will be placed next to the bed so she can say good morning to us also.

Don't get discouraged about your weight Chelsea. I know its easer said than done, but you will find that just when you think your doing really good, the scale never moves. I don't know why this happens, i just know it does and it can be very discouraging. Don't give up on it though. You will reach your goal and will feel proud of yourself for not giving up. YOU CAN DO THIS!

Darn this computer! Half the time i cant get on line, and the other half I'm waiting for the stupid thing to connect.

I wanted to wish Lucky a happy birthday this morning but it maybe late tonight before i can post this message.

Lucky, hope you had a good birthday.

Gloria

5 dogs
04-08-2005, 10:38 AM
http://home.ripway.com/2005-2/258262/lucky2.gif

Chelseagirl
04-08-2005, 10:59 AM
Happy Birthday Lucky!! Hope you have an awesome day!!

Gloria, I'm so happy for you that you have lost so much weight and are fitting in your skinny clothes!! That's wonderful!

Well, I weighed in this a.m. and it looks like I've lost some more lbs. :) I had to change my start weight because...well, it's a wierd thing with my scale, but 367 is a more correct weight at my start. Anyway, I'm so tired still and I'm going back to bed.
Chelsea

lucky
04-08-2005, 04:22 PM
:wave: Good afternoon everybody!

We have such a busy weekend so I might not get to post again until Sunday night. :(

We have a karate test, a birthday party, 3 soccer games, and a soccer awards ceremony - and that is just Saturday! :dizzy:

Gloria, My goodness! Old Blue has opened all kinds of doors for you, huh? I'm telling you, I LOVE gargage sales. I love to have them, love to go to them. We had one just before we moved. I always find it so interesting to see what people will haggle over. Plus, we had some really nice things for soooo cheap (we weren't trying to make money just get rid of stuff fast so that we didn't have to box it up - the money was a plus though! ;) ) That stuff was the last to sell - but the worthless crap we had out sold like crazy. I guess it is true that one man's trash is another man's treasure. What didn't sell we put out on the curb. We had maybe three people stop and ask if we minded if they went through it all. Of course, we didn't. One of the ladies told me that they drive through the very upscale neighborhoods on trash day. Most of them here have covenants that don't allow yard sales so she said you would be amazed at the things they put out as trash so as not to have to find another way to get rid of it.

:bravo: Way to go Chelsea! Pounds lost are pounds lost even if your start weight chanes. You are doing great. Keep up the good work!

:hb: Happy Birtday To You, Happy Birthday To You! Happy Birthday, Dear Lucky! Happy Birthday To YOU! AND Many Mooooooore!

Wish I could talk longer but we are on our way out the door to karate. Hopefully I'll at least get to check in between now and Sunday but, just in case, y'all have a great weekend!

ageoldie
04-08-2005, 06:32 PM
http://home.ripway.com/2004-11/200396/ALL%20OCCASIONS/birthday/00003696.gif

Just for you Lucky!!!

Don't have much time, but I wanted y ou to know I was thinking about you!!! Hope you have a great day, ahd Hello to everyone else!

Barb.g

5 dogs
04-09-2005, 07:57 AM
My daughter Jamie sent this to me. Thought you might get a laugh out of it.

If you read this without laughing out loud, there is something wrong with you. This is dedicated to everyone who ever attempted to get into a*regular workout routine.

Dear Diary,

For my*birthday this year, my wife (the dear) purchased a week*of*personal training at the local health club for me. Although I am still ingreat shape since*serving 22 years in the Marines and playing golf almost every day,*I*decided*it would be a good idea to go ahead and give it a try.Called the club and made my reservation with a personal trainer named*Belinda, who identified herself as a 26 yr old aerobics instructor and*model for athletic clothing and swim wear. My wife seemed pleased with my*enthusiasm to get started! The club encouraged me to keep a diary to chart my progress.

MONDAY: Started my day at 6:00am. Tough to get out of bed, but it was well*worth it when I arrived at the health club to find Belinda waiting for*me.* She was something of a Greek goddess -- with blonde hair, dancing eyes and a dazzling white smile.

Woo Hoo!!!!!

Belinda gave me a tour and showed me the machines. She took my pulse*after*5 minutes on the treadmill. She was alarmed that my pulse was so fast, but I attributed it to standing next to her in her Lycra aerobics outfit. I*enjoyed watching the skillful way in which she conducted her aerobics class*after my workout today.Very inspiring, Belinda was encouraging as I did my sit-ups, although my*gut was already aching from holding it in the whole time she was around.*This is going to be a FANTASTIC week!!

TUESDAY: I drank a whole pot of coffee, but I finally made it out the door.* Belinda made me lie on my back and push a heavy iron bar into the air,* and then she put weights on it! My legs were a little wobbly on the treadmill, but I made the full mile. Belinda's rewarding smile made it all worthwhile.* I feel GREAT!! It's a whole new life for me.*

WEDNESDAY: The only way I can brush my teeth is by laying the toothbrush on the counter and moving my mouth back and forth over it. I believe I have a*hernia in both pectorals. Driving was OK as long as I didn't try to steer*or stop. I parked on top of a GEO in the club parking lot.**Belinda was impatient with me, insisting that my screams bothered other club members. Her voice is a little too perky for early in the morning and when she scolds, she gets this nasally whine that is VERY annoying.*My chest hurt when I got on the treadmill, so Belinda put me on the stair*monster. Why the **** would anyone invent a machine to simulate an activity rendered obsolete by elevators? Belinda told me it would help me get in*shape and enjoy life. She said some other **** too.

THURSDAY: Belinda was waiting for me with her vampire-like teeth exposed as her thin, cruel lips were pulled back in a full snarl. I couldn't help being a half an hour late; it took me that long to tie my shoes.Belinda took me to work out with dumbbells. When she was not looking, I* ran*and hid in the men's room.. She sent Lars to find me, then, as*punishment,*put me on the rowing machine -- which I sank.

FRIDAY: I hate that ***** Belinda more than any human being has ever*hated any other human being in the history of the world. Stupid, skinny, anemic*little cheerleader. If there were a part of my body I could move without*unbearable pain, I would beat her with it.* Belinda wanted me to work on my triceps. I don't have any triceps. And if*you don't want dents in the floor, don't hand me the *&%#(#&**!!@*@*barbells or anything that weighs more than a sandwich.* The treadmill flung me off and I landed on a health and nutrition* teacher. Why couldn't it have been someone softer, like the drama coach or the*choir director?

SATURDAY: Belinda left a message on my answering machine in her grating,*shrilly voice wondering why I did not show up today. Just hearing her made me want to smash the machine with my planner. However, I lacked the strength to even use the TV remote and ended up catching eleven straight*hours of the* weather Channel.

SUNDAY: I'm having the Church van pick me up for services today so I can* go and thank GOD that this week is over. I will also pray that next year, my wife (the *****), will choose a gift for me that is fun like a root canal*or a vasectomy.

katrinabgood
04-09-2005, 11:02 AM
Hey all! I thought that once vacation/party were over, I'd have some time once again to myself...huh...WRONG! I worked all week and have only just gotten things almost back in order around here. Almost.

Anyway...I have lots to do today, and now that the weather is finally Spring-y and lovely, I'd really like to get some pansies in the ground! My daffodils and hyacinths are in bloom, so is my magnolia tree...I LOVE Spring!

I'm very inspired by Gloria and 'Old Blue,' gotta get my bike out and do some riding now that the weather is cooperative!

I'd love to stay and type away, but there's just too much to do around here.

Gotta get moving! See you later!

lucky
04-09-2005, 02:28 PM
Gloria, I loved your joke - and I read it just in time.

:( I am feeling depressed and discouraged today. Last night the lady we bought our puppy from emailed me a couple of pictures she had taken the day we picked Daisy up. Oh, I looked soooo FAT! Now, don't get me wrong I know I am not nearly as fat as I used to me and I know I'm not thin yet. But, I did think I looked thinner than what I do in those pictures. Greg says it is just a bad angle and I am sure he is partially right. But, really, it is hard to deny the size of my thigh while I'm squatting down next to the dog and my face is still so round - and those are the two places I've noticed my weight loss the most. I don't know what is worse that I am not nearly as far along physically as I thought I was or imagining how God awful I must have looked before! Either way, I am not a happy camper.

I am going to try and turn this frown upside down though. I'll just have to use it as motivation to work harder from here on out. But, by golly, for the next couple of minutes I'm going to have a good, old fashioned pity party (without all of the usual snacks ;) ).

Wish I had time to talk to everyone but we are off to the first of three soccer games. I just had to stop in and vent. Thanks for listening!

Tricia

5 dogs
04-09-2005, 03:20 PM
That happens to me all the time Tricia. I have a picture of myself that was taken 4 years ago at my in-laws anniversary party. I was waring this clinging blouse and it looks like i have a very large stomach. I know i have put on weight since that picture was taken, but i still wear that blouse and do so comfortably. It was just the way i was standing that wasn't very flattering to my figure. Weren't you the one that was telling us about a party you attended and i think you said it was your sister that was gushing because you looked so good? Also, weren't you the one the said your clothes are getting big one you? Then there are the comments your son made about you being almost skinny. Don't let one picture get you down. Listen to what everyone around you is saying. You have lost 50 pounds. You are doing a great job. Keep it up!!
Gloria

lucky
04-09-2005, 04:59 PM
Gloria, you just brought a tear to my eye. Thank you so very much. I needed to hear all of those things.

I lugged out all of my old pictures and pulled out some of our old swap party pictures from college. They are dated so I was able to find some that correspond the the journal dates I have from that time when I was this weight. It did give me a better idea of how I look now. Sure things aren't exactly where they used to be but my overall shape is about the same. If nothing else, I think I have a more realistic perspective on how I look physically. It was silly to let ONE picture define my esteem. But, like you said, it happens. Thank goodness we all have each other to keep us in line!

Thanks again,
Tricia

Chelseagirl
04-09-2005, 05:03 PM
Hey guys! Sorry, but this will be a very short post. I'm still quite sick and had to go to the doctor yet again today and get a breathing treatment plus more Rx. I just wanted to say to Tricia that you have done an awesome job and don't be discouraged. There are a lot of things that are going to discourage you, but just know you can keep it up. The power is within you and within us all! I truly admire you for losing what you have lost already. You can do it!!

Okay, I gotta go rest.
Chelsea

LuckyLadyBug
04-10-2005, 12:23 PM
Stop do not post here but join us on "Sanctuary - #18 Everyone Welcome"

katrinabgood
04-13-2005, 01:18 PM
Hi gang...I'm not sure what the problem is, but I'm not abandoning the Sanctuary...just trying to get myself into the proper frame of mind. I find that when I sit down to the computer, I really SIT DOWN and that's about it for the morning. It also seems to trigger the urge to nibble, something that I'm really trying to stay away from. So, I'm just in a place where I'm trying to dislodge some old bad habits and get some new, positive ones in their place. Like, cleaning for instance. And de-cluttering. I feel as though I'm decluttering my brain when I start getting things back in order around here.

I miss all of you and truly want and need to be a part of this group. It's just been a challenge balancing back to work, WW, housework, family, etc, etc. ***Not to mention the fact that my sister and I had an overnighter in NYC on Sunday. We scored some half price tickets for La Cage Aux Folles...(fabulous!)...also went to a comedy club and a great Irish Pub! So that kind of put a crimp in my new, improved, organized system, but we had one last day to use or lose on the time share, so what the heck? And we had a blast.***

Anyway, I decreed Monday the actual end of all vacation {for now} and Tuesday was back to strict points counting and exercise. I hit the gym for a class and it felt great to be back. Today, I took a lovely 45 minute walk around the lake at a local park. I drank in the sunshine , blue skies and the cherry blossoms and forsythias as I walked. Sometimes that's SO much better than the gym...treating the senses while workin' the bod is a good thing!

I have to get a nap in. I feel like I always say that when I come here, but that's how it is, working nights. Squeezing the sleep in here and there, when I can.

I hope to be back later. I get so much inspiration from all of you, and I sure hope that I can be a source of the same to you guys, from time to time.

Have a great day, my friends!

redballoon
04-13-2005, 04:16 PM
katrina, I'm in the same place you are! Just wanted to let you know that the new thread has started. Check it out when you have time! :wave: