Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 06:24 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Smile Chit Chat #122

Welcome to the Jaded Ladies!

We are a friendly group that provides suppsort, not just in weight loss, but in all of our daily happenings. Please feel free to join us.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:06 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

Talking

Good morning, ladies! Can you believe it's April already?!?

Cristi - Wednesday has become my favorite night for TV. Lost is on, followed on a diff station by The West Wing, then, we watched a new show with Tim Daly called Eyes. It was really good! Like you, I want to see Miss Congeniality 2. The reviews of it aren't very good, but I don't care. I haven't seen Ring 1 or 2.... big chicken here, lol.

Susan - I'm always amazed at the good water does with weight loss! I buy the gallons at Walmart, and drink 1/2 of a gallon a day of pure water and more of flavored water. YAY for the cow movement, lol.

Sue - it's been so windy here, too, that I've had to wear a hat, hood or scarf everywhere I go! Good job with all the walking!

Marti - I've been sitting on my patio, too, with my back to the wind, lol. You have a digital camera, don't you? If you do, you shouldn't have to scan the photos - just hook up the camera to the port, or insert your memory card. Hmmm....

Terri - I think Marti's checking into why several of you can't get into chat. I don't know why that's happening for some of you, but not the rest of us....

Angie - been missing you, girl!! How'd the show go last night? More performances this weekend I assume. Break a leg!

Anita - hey, good to see you! So sorry you (and all the others) had to pay postage on the card! I'll know better next time!

Mindee - glad you got everything settled at Social Services. Do you use any Anbesol or anything on Brandon's gums? He sure is a cutie pie!

Poor Katie! I knocked on her door a little while ago, and said school is delayed an hour. (tee-hee) With a happy voice, she asked why, and I started to giggle and said April Fool's! She's a good sport, and will get me back later today, I'm sure. I also have to watch out for Neal. He's sure to trick me somehow, lol.

BBL,
Old 04-01-2005, 08:56 AM   #3  
Sorry I'm not a Barbie

Good Morning!!

Cristi: You can call me Terri or Terri-Lee.. It doesnt make a difference to me.... as long as you don't call me late for dinner. .lol!It is 0 degrees celcius here today.. rained all day yesterday and now it is a mixture of snow and rain... It is only 8:00 oclock here.. maybe it will warm up and clear up later!! The Pics are great!!! Your daughter is beautiful!! Must look like her mommy?

Susan: WEll if she is beautiful and i remind you of her that is a ok with me!!!lol I like people's insides more though, that makes a person beautiful.. I know some really pretty people that i think are really ugle because of there inside! sO I THINK EVEYONE ON HERE IS BEAUTIFUL!!!! Congrats on mooooving the ticker! Way to go!

Marti: Well thanx for the compliment!! I don't think i look good.. those pics lie!!!lol Thanx for helping with the chat thing... will ask DH if he knows anything about it.

Jane: I have a Canon Powershot A6o.. I like it.. It doenst Zoom like i would like.. when we were at the concert we were on the balcony.. so i couldnt get a good pic of him ( my cam has video too though so i snuck in a 5 second shot of him singing) There are a lot of things it can do.. but i am camera illiterate!!.lol My favorite Tv night is Thursday.. It has Joey, Survivor, and The Apprentice..(I know they are old but i love reality shows!) Wednesdays i watch Americas Next Top Model..I know that is weird.. but i like the catfights LOL

Mindee: Hello, I am glad Emma has finished most of her teething... she just has her 2 year molars to come in.. My son was a horrible teether.. he would get cranky for a month before we saw any teeth!! good thing he always got a few at once or i would have had 2 years of crank!

Ellen: I hope you are alright.. we miss you!

Sue, Angie, Anita, Katy, Katie, and anyone i might have missed.. HI!!!!

Last edited by tlprocks; 04-04-2005 at 08:56 AM.
Old 04-01-2005, 11:06 AM   #4  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Hi ladies~

Terri-Lee~my daughter looks nothing like me! Thank goodness because she is pretty! She got her genes from her dad, as did the other two. Actually, my youngest son looks like me in the face when I was younger and has the blue eyes but has this beautiful dark black hair, and it's not dyed! I only say that because people are always asking my sons if they dye their hair. Anyway, DD looks like my cousin, and her Aunts, my sister and her dads sister. They all have the dark hair and brown eyes. I have kind of dirty dishwater blonde hair and blue eyes and am big and she is this tiny little petite thing.

Susan~I wish I could drink that much water-yuck! I know it is good for you but I just can't get that much down. I would feel like I was drowning. Hope you don't miss Gaby too much this weekend, which I know you will.

Sue~WTG on the walking, and braving that wind! Hope the prices are what you are looking for when you finally get them.

Jane~don't think I have ever watched any of those shows. CSI was a goo done last night but it was gross. Even though I know it's not real it was still gross. This woman had been burnt and they were peeling the burnt flesh off with tweezers-it just looked so real. Of course The O.C wasn't on. Completely forgot it wasn't going to be on again till next week. DD and DS laugh because I love the show and some of DD's friends were talking abou tit and told them I watch it so she thought she would check it out and now she is hooked! I think Thursday night is really the only night that I have to see those shows. Well, and Monday night I really enjoy Fear Factor, other than that there is usually nothing I really want to see. I do watch Crossing Jordan at 10 every night, got hooked on that one. They are reruns but most I haven't seen and try to catch the new ones on when I can remember what night it is on. Anyway, don't worry about the postage due, mine was only .26. I never mess with post card postage. I know it may seem like it's wasting money but I always just use a first class stamp that way I don't have to mess with taking it into the PO to make sure it has the right amount of postage. Oh, DD did take a couple of shots of me. One was when we stopped on the KS/MO stateline to get some ice for our chest. The wind was blowing so hard it blew my hair straight up and she cracked up laughing and had to take a picture-it was funny but not flattering especially at the angle it was taken! YIKES! Made me look like I had three chins! Another is still on the roll of film waiting to be finished. I will finish that roll off the 11th as V is taking off work for his BD and we are headed to the zoo finally, weather permitting. We haven't been since before they built the $4,000,000.00 gorilla home.

HI to everyone else

Nothing much on the agenda for today. Need to go look up some things online. Trying to figure out my bedroom, thought I had it planned but want to check out a couple of things to make sure. Not sure if I mentioned we are going with green in there instead of taupe. Found the comforter I want, also some pics for above the bed (got those yesterday by FedEx which seemed weird usually comes UPS). Can't decide on the lighting. Would love to put a chandalier above but we use the ceiling fan all the time. Had some wall mounted lights picked out but not sure now. Anyway, I will figure it out eventually. The hardest part is selecting the right color of paint. Later when V gets home we are off to the nursery to find two more shrubs. Got 4 Tuesday evening and some flowers for a pot on the porch just haven't planted them yet, need two more and then the ground cover and will plant those this evening. Hoping it warms up a bit but I doubt it. Only supposed to be in the 50's and that wind is still blowing so it will be a little cooler. At least the sun is shining

Anywhooooo......take care ladies and have a GREAT day and weekend!
Old 04-01-2005, 04:35 PM   #5  

Height: 5'1"

Afternoon ladies.....

Got up LATE!! (12:50)Have been feeling really worn out the last couple days and I figured sleep is the best thing for that!!

Jane--You made me laugh, yes I have a digital camera. But I also use my other camera and if I want copies....I try to use the scanner. So I tend to not use that camera much. The digital is very nice, I have a printer where I can just stick the memory card in or I have this little thing I put the memory stick in and put in the port hole. Very nice.

Terri--I still haven't found out why you can't get into chat, but I did send a PM asking about it. Hope to hear from them soon and when I do I'll let you know. While you're waiting, asking hubby might be a great idea....put him to some use! (just teasing)

Cristi--Wow...you really ought to come to my house and give it a makeover for me!! Hearing about you designing your rooms makes me want my own house even more!! Someday!!

Hello to the rest of you girls. Sorry if I missed you, but I don't remember who all posted last.

It's friday and it's April fools. I guess at work they had some pranks in the past, so it will be interesting to see what happens today. One year someone had put some smeared chocolate in a diaper and sent it around the room. And nobody knew what to do w/it. (our specimens usually come in a container not a diaper!)
Eventually the foolee fessed up by saying April Fools! Crazy, but fun. Too bad I missed that one.

Ok gals...I'm in desperate need of a shower. You all have a Fantastic Friday and I will pop in later on tonight after work...and if I get an answer Terri...I'll let you know.

B'bye!
Old 04-01-2005, 07:00 PM   #6  
kitty Momo

Good Afternoon!

Taking a break from work - thought I would say hi real fast.

I thnk you are beautiful Cristi! Your daughter certainly gets that from you.

ugh- have to visit the bathroom!!! My own observation Jane is that water intake makes you lose weight faster - even over exercise......what do you think?? Not that I am saying you shouldn't exercise.....( I know - you were all getting excited - lol)

But anyway.........drinking water is just a habit. It was dreadful the first few days but I am getting use to it now.

Gaby goes on her weekend( and yes....I am already missing her ). She was so cute this morning. We wake up and walk down the hall together, she takes my hand, so sweet. I love when she wakes up and says "Day"......and points to the window. lol......I yawn and say " go back to bed Gaby" and she will reply "no.......day"....Love her so much.

Thinking of taking the girls down to a Wooden Tulip Shoe Farm....ever hear of it Katy??? Think it is an 18 acre farm of tulips down south. Looked on the web and it looks like a wonderful place for a walk.

Better get!! Wiggled enough - lol.....

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 04-01-2005 at 07:12 PM.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:26 PM   #7  
Sorry I'm not a Barbie

Good Evening!!!

Well I hope everyone had a good Friday, and didnt get fooled too much... I am here alone with the baby, so i didnt have to worry about it.

Susan, my son is gone to his dads this week-end too but, it gives me a little break because he is a high-maintenance kid!! (but he learns a lot of bad things at his dads.. he lets him swear and stuff) but what can you do?

Well I have a busy week-end, if i am not back before... have a good week-end!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-01-2005, 10:40 PM   #8  
kitty Momo

How old is your son Terri?

It does seem to get easier, this time wasn't too bad. He was right on time at 7 pm. He was driving a different car - 90 Honda. Gabster and I walked down and he never enters the building. So , we walked through the lobby and enclosed entrance and outside.
First thing out of my mouth was "do you have car insurance?".....lol Just spit it out, don't know why. He said he didn't have to show me, which is true but he did anyway. Anyway, that is where I saw the 90 - Honda Accord on the paper.
We walked down the stairs to his car and I asked if he wanted her tooth brush/paste/shampoo/children's Tylenol. I sent it twice and it came back twice unused. We even talked about it last time and he said he would use it - I guess he thought I meant he would have to return it, so he would just get his own.............

no,no,no,no.......I meant it was his to keep. So he said he would take it.

Put her things in the trunk and she hid behind me. Mike said "why is she doing that?" So, we kind of played a quick hide and seek and she started laughing and I say in my best cheery voice....."you are going to have so much fun with daddy Gaby......." .....blah- blah....

So, she left in a happy mood. I had sent him an email and maybe I will cut and paste here.....anyway just bringing up somethings and he asked if I wanted to make time to talk and I said ok because things/meanings can get lost in an email.
Though after thinking about it that probably wouldn't be such a good idea. Email kind of forces our reactions to slow down.

Blah - blah.......simply am not going to get in all my water. Way tooooooo tired,so I just drank 66 oz's ......ugh, that is that.......I wanna go to sleep.

lol - k best get my sorry arse to work.......

Where is Ellen??? We missssssssss you soooooooooooooo much!!!
Old 04-01-2005, 10:51 PM   #9  
kitty Momo

Ok below is the email I sent him. This was after a few days of drafting it and sending it to Rocky to proof read.
Rocky pretty much said I couldn't show anger ..........and I had to ummm.....be nice. lol He is so sweet.
Anyway, I sent this one without showing Rocky first. I really , really tried. lol.....whaaaa......
Mike also called at 5 pm and said he was just leaving the coast. I appreciated that.So, maybe the email wasn't too bad of a thing.

March 31, 2005

Hi Mike,

I had a few questions that I have wanted to ask you. Never seem to get the opportunity and it probably is best I ask in an email.

1) I am asking that you honor the time you need to be picking/ dropping Gaby. The first weekend you were late and the second weekend you were early on returning her. I believe the order gives you a window of 15 minutes before and after the hour?

2) I give Gaby a bath on Friday morning. If you could give her a bath/wash hair on Saturday night or Sunday morning - I feel that would be a good thing. I bring this up only because it didn't seem like she had received a bath over the last weekend.

3) I have sent extra clothes/socks with her. I noticed she was wearing the same pink ones that she left in? She might like her pink socks but we really need to be changing them - they were filthy. I say that with a smile Mike. Also, there was a blue/black long sleeve shirt missing on return. Do you have it at your home? If you could please put her dirty clothes in a plastic bag - I would appreciate it. The dirty and clean are getting mixed in together.

4) I have sent hygiene articles (shampoo,medicine,tooth brush/paste) and they keep coming back unused. Do you want them? If you don't I won't keep sending them.

5) Gaby is almost potty trained and her pull use is tapering off. I think it would be a good thing though to purchase your own pull ups for her. What do you think? They are $13.99 a pack at Freddies, she goes through 4/5 a day......

6) I am thinking about filing a petition to ask that the time you pick Gaby up be revised. I work in the evenings until 9:00 pm. I have a 30 minute dinner break from 4:30 to 5:00 pm. Would you be willing to compromise? Do you have any thoughts how we can work this out? My only thought is you can pick her up at 11:00 am from my place or at the babysitters at 7:00pm. At the moment I am asking my supervisor to shift my hours - I can't keep doing that though.

I think that is everything that I wanted to bring up with you. Like you said she is a happy,loving child - and so funny.
I hope you don't read this email in the wrong way, as just negative stuff. It is a good thing to communicate and fix small issues before they become large issues.I also think if we can solve things without a court/lawyer that would be a huge step towards some healing.
Attached are the photos that I took on your first visitation a few weeks ago.

Just some thoughts.
Thanks -
Susan
Old 04-02-2005, 07:22 AM   #10  
GmaTo8

Smile

Good morning, ladies,

Terri - I don't have your home address. If you don't mind, would you want to PM it to me? The Canon I just bought is a Powershot SD400, and zooms nicely. I've been having a lot of fun with it so far. You know how it is when you get a new toy, lol.

Cristi - Neal watches CSI and I did see part of it Thurs. night with the burn victim. I saw where they were taking skin off with tweezers, and also saw the very end where she opened her eyes. I like the ones with Davids Caruso and - oh, shoot, whatshisname - the guy who played Capt. Dan in Forrest Gump. Btw, I know all about not wanting certain photos on the web, lol. If you guys saw some of the photos of me, you'd laugh your butts off!!

Marti - oic about the camera. We gave the 35mm one to Mary and Dale and so all I have is the digital. That was a funny story about the diaper with chocolate in it, lol. At the nursing home, we used to pass around a gift that had false teeth in it, lol, or a pair of big ol' white cotton granny panties with mustard in the crotch, lol. It's good to keep a sense of humor at work, right?

Susan - if you want to know about exercise, you ought to go check out the Ladies (and gents) Who Lift forum. They have forgotten more than I will ever know about exercise! I just know that for me, I feel better when I do some, lol. And about the water - imho, 68 oz a day would be enough for you, at your weight. The expert say as long as your urine is about the color of straw, you're doing fine. But I do know that for me, drinking at least 68 oz. a day does help with weight loss. I like water, and don't have a problem getting more than that unless I'm traveling, etc. Hey! I wanna go to the Wooden Tulip Shoe Farm, too!! Sounds like a blast! Btw, you are a brave momma, and I liked your email to Mike. Hope you're keeping copies of everything like that.

Hi to the others.

My April Fools clip art disappeared!! I don't understand that, because I sent it to Photobucket, and have a paid accound there, so it shouldn't have gone away! All that was left was a white square with a X in the center of it, so I edited it out.

On a happier note, I had a very nice NSV! Neal and I went to a meeting the other night, and a friend's husband was there. I see her fairly often, but hadn't seen him for quite a while. Anyway, she just told me that her DH didn't know who I was until he saw Neal, because I'd lost so much weight. That also happened at the New Year's dance we went to. Anyway, it sure made my day!!

Well, it's getting close to time for Maggie to call for our Sat. 7:30 AM phone chat, so I better quit yappin'.

Have a good one!
Old 04-02-2005, 09:35 AM   #11  
RosieKate

Hi all
Susan- I haven't heard of the Wooden Shoe Tulip Farm - Is it in Canby? There are some beautiful flower farms there...and it is tulip time, for sure. Mine are popping up in my yard. Your email to Mike sounded very appropriate to me

Terri - I enjoyed your pictures - you have a sweet family...Emma is a cutie-pie

Marti -Glad I got to chat with you - it's ok it got cut short.

Jane - I enjoyed your Chicago pix

Sorry its short and sweet today...gotta get up and moving. Since we're talking H20...has anyone read the guideline that you are supposed to drink half your weight in ounces? That's what I've been trying to do...need to keep an eye on the color of my urine...don't know if it's straw or not.

Got TOM and the scale is being a mean old lady to me I'll give it a day or two before an "official" weigh-in...
Have a great day everyone and Hi to anyone I missed

Old 04-02-2005, 02:06 PM   #12  
kitty Momo

http://woodenshoe.com/

Hope that link works. The tulip farm is in Woodburn, would there be one in Canby too?? I just heard about it through our resident services because they were talking about places to take a field trip.
I mentioned it to my boss and he said it was a cool place, he had been there.
He is so neat.How many 29 year old men think a tulip farm is cool?? lmao....
I am sure he went with his wife........

I am heading to the older girls. Rach spent the night at a friends and Rebecca was sleeping. Their dad called at 8 am and I answered "what do you want?????"

Geez.......8 am in the morning. He wanted to know when I was coming over?? lol......He is leaving at 3 pm to go down to the beach by himslef, might be back Monday. So I get to be in charge!! YAY.....
Get those girls in shape - ha
All they want to do is go to the mall. I am making my way down to the tulip farm though. Tip toe my way through and drink water and think about exercise......sheesh Ma Jane......do we HAVE to?? lol

Had a lo carb, lo cal beer and 2 rice cakes last night.......shhhhh, don't tell Mike......lol

So, blah - blah.......weighed again because Saturday is weigh day. Get on the scale and prepare myself to but a pleasant surprise beholded my eyes ( is that proper english?? ) I weighed in at 148!! so I ge to go mooove the cow!

K- better get. Thanks about the email. Didn't know if it was still sounding angry or not. Rocky just said I spelled pull ups wrong - lol. I love him , he is super nice to me.

BBL

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 04-02-2005 at 02:08 PM.
Old 04-02-2005, 04:59 PM   #13  

Height: 5'1"

Hello ladies!!

Just a quicky today as I'm off to roam around w/James looking at houses and then off to our Sony Reunion.

Susan--I've heard of the Tulip Farm in Woodburn before and have wanted to go, just haven't. What a PERFECT place to take your girls and get pictures!!! Need to take Gaby and just start going crazy w/the camera!!

Terri--Sent you a PM hope you got it, keep me posted if chat works for you and are able to get in.

Jane--Ewwww....mustard in panties!! Now that's funny!! Should mention that to someone at work....maybe for next year. This year was mellow...just a few "you're going to start on a new training schedule...." of coarse, nobody fell for it!

Katy--Hello!! Have a great day today!!

Gotta go....

take more later!
Old 04-02-2005, 11:38 PM   #14  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Rainy and cool here again today. So guess what? Mom arrived from FL and we got to go help unload the truck and get her settled. Let me tell you, my hair was standing on end and I was soooo wind blown. The yard was squishy from the rain and we had to cover the floors with anything we could find to keep from tracking in mud. BUT...she is now just 10 minutes away from me and I love that! The apt. is very cute and I think she and her sister will be cozy there.
MARTI- Hope you had a nice time at the reunion. Did you say you were looking to buy a house this year? Good luck with that.
SUSAN- Did you have fun at the tulip farm? I bet it was a good day with the girls. My DGS was going to come spend the night, but when we went to help Mom he made other plans. I should have had him go carry boxes with us. I love having the kids around.
ROSIEKATE- I hadn't read about the half your weight guideline. I wish I could stand to drink water...ugh. Good luck on the scales.
JANE- Good day to you. ISn't IN weather wonderful? They say it will be in the 70's again next week. We turn the heat off and on often..now the air?
TERRI- Hope you had a relaxing week-end with the baby. I always looked forward to my girls going away for the week-end, then I couldn't wait for them to come home. Those were the days...so enjoy!
CRISTI- When we get our new house I am going to have to hire you...I can never decide how to decorate. I am already trying to figure out what I want where. I think my head will explode and we haven't even started building yet.

Hi ELLEN, PAM and all the other JL's.

Plan to go to church in the morning then to an open house with DH. Another condo. We are determined! Hopefully the weather will be nicer so I can walk. After the moving today I was so worn out and cold that I didn't walk at all. I think I got alot of exercise just the same.
I am so happy that Mom is close. Did I mention that already?
Old 04-03-2005, 01:09 AM   #15  
kitty Momo

Evening -

The tulip farm was beautiful!! Didn't take pictures though, maybe I will take Gaby next weekend and do that.
The older girls were more interested in elephant ears-lol. Spent $13 on 3 -

How sweet Sue I am happy to hear your mother arrived safely.

I am at Doug's. He took off for the beach with a lady friend that he has been seeing for some time. Nice lady, so they went down for a few days.

The girls are up stairs. I better go.Just wanted to say good night. Strange not to have Cristi around today. Miss all you MIA"s
Closed Thread