Old 03-30-2005, 09:00 PM   #1  

Default Book Club???

Just had an idea...Would you guys want to maybe start a bookclub not have meetings or anything but just pick out some books and talk about them??? I love reading recently I've read a book by Jennifer Weiner called In her Shoes. That's all.
NJ84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 09:02 PM   #2  

Lol Im replying to my own post but just had another thought. I thought maybe we could have different themed months like one month we pick out a mystery book, and the next motnh a romance ect. Ok I'm done for now. Cya
Old 03-30-2005, 11:17 PM   #3  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

That sounds like fun. Kimberley and I both love reading.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 11:49 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

I think it's a great idea, and I'd like to participate (time and patience permitting, I'm an english major so reading is tight at random points in the semester). I read JW's Good in Bed; how does the second book compare if you've read it?
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 11:49 AM   #5  

There is a "General Chatter" board that might be best suited for this, since it's not about weight loss.
funniegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 12:15 PM   #6  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Just my thought but I would like to have a couple of threads going on in this group that are not just wieght loss. I don't visit any of the other forms and would enjoy getting to know the people here better. Just like the Yadda thread I like that.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 12:46 PM   #7  

I love the idea of a book club. With so much weight to lose I am getting a bit caught up in it all, and the only things I am reading are books on health, nutrition and exercise, so some escape would be welcome!!!!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 12:54 PM   #8  

Time permitting once baby boy arrives I would love to do it also. I adore reading.
Inca's Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 01:06 PM   #9  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

I think a book club would be fun too ~ don't know if I could keep up, but it would be fun to try. And I agree with Howie ~ having it here ~ it would be fun to get to know you all a little more.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 02:05 PM   #10  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I agree about having some threads that are not just weight loss. I don't stray too far from the 100lb club either, and would also love to get to know everyone better on other terms than just weight loss. Kinda makes it a more friendly place to go!!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 02:28 PM   #11  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs06
I think it's a great idea, and I'd like to participate (time and patience permitting, I'm an english major so reading is tight at random points in the semester). I read JW's Good in Bed; how does the second book compare if you've read it?
In Her SHoes *is* Jenny Weiner's second book. It's being made into a movie w/Shirley MacLaine, Cameron Diaz & Toni Collette. It was awesome.

Little Earthquakes is her new one, would love to read it.

I think this is a good idea. I wouldn't mind getting to know everyone a little better.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 03:02 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

sounds great to me. I'm always reading something or other. Been on a murder/mystery kick lately.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 03:15 PM   #13  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

I'd love to join in! Like some others here, it's rare that I visit other forums, save a couple individual threads to which I subscribe.
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 05:06 PM   #14  

Wow, I wasn't expecting such a positive response Ok, so here's what I'm thinking everyone who is interested list some books that you want to check out and then we can vote on which one we all like.

I nominate :

The Five People You Meet in Heaven By: Mitch Albom

Summary:Eddie is a wounded war veteran, an old man who has lived, in his mind, an uninspired life. His job is fixing rides at a seaside amusement park. On his 83rd birthday, a tragic accident kills him as he tries to save a little girl from a falling cart. He awakes in the afterlife, where he learns that heaven is not a destination. It's a place where your life is explained to you by five people, some of whom you knew, others who may have been strangers. One by one, from childhood to soldier to old age, Eddie's five people revisit their connections to him on earth, illuminating the mysteries of his "meaningless" life, and revealing the haunting secret behind the eternal question: "Why was I here?"

Angels and Demons Byan Brown

Summary: When world-renowned Harvard symbologist Robert Langdon is summoned to a Swiss research facility to analyze a mysterious symbol -- seared into the chest of a murdered physicist -- he discovers evidence of the unimaginable: the resurgence of an ancient secret brotherhood known as the Illuminati...the most powerful underground organization ever to walk the earth. The Illuminati has now surfaced to carry out the final phase of its legendary vendetta against its most hated enemy -- the Catholic Church.

Langdon's worst fears are confirmed on the eve of the Vatican's holy conclave, when a messenger of the Illuminati announces they have hidden an unstoppable time bomb at the very heart of Vatican City. With the countdown under way, Langdon jets to Rome to join forces with Vittoria Vetra, a beautiful and mysterious Italian scientist, to assist the Vatican in a desperate bid for survival.

Embarking on a frantic hunt through sealed crypts, dangerous catacombs, deserted cathedrals, and even the most secretive vault on earth, Langdon and Vetra follow a 400-year-old trail of ancient symbols that snakes across Rome toward the long-forgotten Illuminati lair...a clandestine location that contains the only hope for Vatican salvation.

Remember you don't have to go out and buy the books there's always the library remember that old thing?

Amanda
Old 03-31-2005, 05:49 PM   #15  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Those sound interesting. Libraries are our friends! Most state library systems have the ability to order copies from other branches if your local library doesn't have the book or it's checked out. I'm not sure what the library systems are like in Canada, the UK and other places I see 3FC members live.
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote