Support Groups - Curvy Vixens #2

View Full Version : Curvy Vixens #2

chubbyvixen
03-30-2005, 07:04 PM
Hey vixens! :devil: Here is the start of Curvy Vixens #2. Welcome to all the newbies! Don't forget to tell us a little bit about yourselves. The women in this group are all amazing. They will give you a good laugh and hopefully inspire you! Afterall, humor seems to make the weight loss journey a little more bareable :)

Karen(krngallo) started this group with a quote that I absolutely LOVE:

"This is a brand new group I decided to name CURVY VIXENS. Why? Because we aim to have our curves in the right places--and according the dictionary a Vixen is a female fox! Remember the 80's? A fox is a good thing!"

Love,
Deanne

PURPLEPANSY
03-30-2005, 08:18 PM
well that is sooo much better... we got to 19 pages LOL
My name is Lynn I am 41 with a 19yo daughter and a 15yo old daughter. I'm married for 21years to my high school sweet heart. I lost all of my weight in 1999 on weight watchers and had a bunch of stress and gained it back :(. I'm back on track again.
I'm a nurse, but i'm home at the moment looking to go back to work.
---------
I hope all the vixens are well.
I walked for 42 mins on the treadmill this AM at a 15 percent incline. I'm feeling it now!!!

PURPLEPANSY
03-30-2005, 08:48 PM
Gonna watch american idol tonight. Hmm wonder who is going to be eliminated tonight!!!

goddesskde
03-30-2005, 09:14 PM
Ok, I think I have figured out this signature thing.. ok well sorta.. how do you get it to sign your name in different colors and fonts.. i tried to chose them, but it just signed my name 3 times lol

o2bskinny
03-31-2005, 01:32 AM
Ok, I thought I would post before I went to bed. :comp:

For anyone new, I am the mother of 2. A boy~13 and a girl~9. I never had a problem with my weight till I had kids and quit smoking right after my baby girl was born. I was always a size 3 or 5. Now we won't talk about what size I am. Anway,I have been married to the same man for almost 18 yrs! I have high blood pressure and high cholesterol. I need to lose this weight.

I am on the South Beach Diet (today ended my 3rd day). Not bad so far. My neighbor and I, Goddesskde (also Kim) have started walking. It will take some time for me to build up to a long walk though. I am so out of shape! :yes:

Deanne! How is Brillo today?

Anyway, I am off to bed :yawn:

Until tomorrow morning.... :coffee2:

Kim

Kery
03-31-2005, 03:54 AM
Woo, we have a new thread :D

Now let's see if I can catch up from the first one!

Kim (goddesskde) - Welcome to the group! :)

I've heard about the SB diet too, it seemed to be a good plan if you're diabetic or at risk for it. I don't know exactly how it works, but cutting down on carbs and then reintroducing the "good carbs" like some fruits (after 2 weeks, that's it?) sounds like a good thing. Anyway you're so right about doing it now, before the disease declares itself completely. I wish you good luck in "holding good" and getting through the first phase - and then the rest too, of course!

Deanne - Well, to be honest, I've been able to stay on the comp doing stuff on the web or online games for 7 or 8 hours in a row at times :dizzy: But it's just such a waste, so it happened very little - I don't like feeling like my head and body are stuffed and heavy just because I didn't move my bottom from the chair for -that- long! Especially when it's warm and sunny outside. Now, the satisfaction of driving your housemate crazy and pacing around because you've been daring using the beloved internet for 2 hours... isn't this priceless? :lol:

chubbyvixen
03-31-2005, 07:54 AM
Hey chickas...

Lynn- It sounds like you're doing great with your exercise!

GoddessKim- What I do is highlight the word that you want to color and then select the color.

Kim-Brillo is doing ok. Still getting used to things.

Kery- It is priceless!! You just cant stay on the internet for 8 hours when you have 3 other housemates! :)

Ok, started out this morning with oatmeal and splenda on top. Not bad. I think I will go down to the beach today. There is a boardwalk that must be about 2 miles long. We also have parks everywhere here! It'll feel good to get out and walk for a while. Maybe I can get Nic to go with me.

Love,
Deanne

PURPLEPANSY
03-31-2005, 09:06 AM
howdy to all you fine vixens.
It is cool but sunny in upstate NY
I'm on my way for my walk this AM. Then I have a bunch of cleaning to do.
My precious daughter got back to her dorm at 4am... yikes.. I know I am lucky that she tells me everything, but now I am not so sure I want to know!! I'm not freaking as she is still getting over her breakup with Matt, so I'll let it go.. but... hmmm 4am???

Heather goes back to school tomrrow from spring break!! yeah.. my 10th grader wants me to be her personal activity director....I think I just got a taste of what summer is going to be like...

My goal today is to stay within 22pts
drink 8 glasses of water
and walk 2 miles on the treadmill.

happy day all

goddesskde
03-31-2005, 10:10 AM
I forgot to tell everyone how old my kids are lol. I have 4 girls for anyone that doesn't know 12, 9, 7 and a very rambunchious 4 yr old. I volunteered to coach my youngest daughters softball team this year, but I haven't heard back from the guy that organizes it so it's still up in the air. I have 3 that play softball and soccer so I'm usually running to some game or another. To bad they dont have leagues for women down here I'd rather be playing than watching.. sigh, but that would be a comedy more than anything.

SoccerGirl
03-31-2005, 11:03 AM
Hi gang, I hope everyone has a fine Thursday.
I'm feeling pretty good today! As you can tell from my name, I'm a huge soccer fan and last night USA beat Guatemala 2:0 in a WCQ (world cup qualifier). So I'm in a great mood. MLS soccer starts this weekend and I couldn't be more excited. Soccer season for me means supporting DC United which means tailgates and post game parties and the best part of all, standing and jumping and cheering for 90 minutes. Talk about burning calories! This year at the tailgates I've decided to bring a chicken breast instead of eating hamburgers and hotdogs like I did last year. No chips and all that nonsense.
Today is the 73rd day on my diet and I'm down 27 pounds. Life is GREAT! :D

thatgirldina
03-31-2005, 12:11 PM
Good morning Vixens! New thread already?!!? Wow! Look at us go!

For anyone new...
I'm Dina. A 33 year old married, mother of a 3 year old. Living in the mountains of Arizona. One hyper Pomeranian. I'm a graphic designer by day and an internet shopping junkie by night. I am currently on Weight Watchers for the third time. I had lost 50 pounds before my Valentines Day 2004 wedding and put back 20 of it before our first anniversary. I'd like to get back to my honeymoon weight and then lose another 30 pounds or so. Currently I am really struggling with the mounds of Easter candy left over from the gushing relatives who think it's okay to sugar-up my son. Little do they know that I am the one who is eating most of it. Damn M&M's!

Off to work. I'll be back later to check in. Happy day!

goddesskde
03-31-2005, 12:21 PM
Dina,
You might try what I'm doing with my kids Easter candy. I bought them all their own storage boxes ( the 6 quart ones) and had them take all the candy out of their baskets and put it in there. I then had them put it in the pantry so it's out of sight out of mind. I tend to keep most of my diet friendly foods in a seperate cabinet so I rarely have to go poking around the pantry at all. It's worked so far for me. Just thought I'd put my two sense in :D

thatgirldina
03-31-2005, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the suggestion Kim. I'll definitely try that. I do already have a cupboard for Niko's after school snacks, but since I've been back on Weight Watchers, it's now stocked with diet friendly choices like fruit rolls, pretzels and sugar free puddings. He doesn't seem to notice the difference and if I have a weak moment, I'm not doing myself too much "damage". I think I might even put the Easter junk in a box under his bed or something. That way after he goes to bed, I won't go rummaging around in there and wake him up. I do most of my snacking at night, so if it's unavailable, I just won't be able.

Little side note...I'm sort of feeling the pressure of having to post a loss this week, even though for the past 3 days I've not been so "good". My friend Jen, who joined Weight Watchers with me way back when, and who went off around the same time I did, decided to join again. She went to this mornings meeting and not only has she continued to lose since going off program, she now weighs less than I do. She was always about 10lbs heavier. I am secretly SOOOOOO motivated to get back to a lesser weight than she. Is that terrible or what?! I don't know if I can catch up, as she is at 192 right now, but atleast it's keeping me on track. I am so proud of her for returning and it will be nice to have the added support, but yeah, I'm jealous!

thatgirldina
03-31-2005, 01:26 PM
A quick question...do we have to subscribe to this thread, or will we automatically start receiving notifications once we post? I can never figure that out.

chubbyvixen
03-31-2005, 01:54 PM
Hey chicks...I feel like i am finally back on track after last week. Today, I did pretty well.

Dina- Its natural to feel a little jealous...just convert it into motivation!

Ok yay, the guy that stays on the internet for 8 hours at a time transfered to my husbands team. So, now hes gone at the same time as Nic. WOOOHHOOOOO!!

Love,
Deanne

goddesskde
03-31-2005, 01:57 PM
I didnt get notifications until i subscribed to the thread.

thatgirldina
03-31-2005, 02:04 PM
I think I figured out the subscription thing.

Thanks for the support Deanne and great news about the internet guy! WhoooHooo!!

goddesskde
03-31-2005, 02:09 PM
I just had the yummiest chili. I made it from a recipe i got off of the south beach thread. It's posted for all phases of the diet so I didn't even have to cheat to eat something that good. That was one of my biggest downfalls with WW, I couldn't really eat chili. Well i could but it was like 9 points for a bowl and it just wasn't worth it. I actually got out and roller bladed with my 4 yr old after Kim and I got back from our morning walk. OMG I almost busted my arse several times lol. I am definately out of practice. BUT i will get better.. i promise myself that much

chubbyvixen
03-31-2005, 02:11 PM
Im actually thinking of getting some roller blades. It would be great to do that on the boardwalk. That sounds like so much fun Kim!!

Where is Karen??

thatgirldina
03-31-2005, 02:15 PM
Good for you Kim! That's great! I miss rollerblading so much. Since we moved from Denver to Arizona, I haven't been once. No concrete here.

Post your chili recipe...I'm always looking to add to my collection. I've got a 3pt. one that I make occassionally. It' okay, but not great.

goddesskde
03-31-2005, 02:23 PM
1 pound lean ground beef (10% fat or less)
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 tablespoons chili powder ( I used 3, i like it spicey)
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes (i used whole i'm a chunky girl lol)
1 can (15 oz) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 sweet onion, chopped
1/4 cup canned diced chilies
2 tablespoons tomato paste

In a large nonstick skillet cook beef and garlic over medium heat, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up meat, until browned; drain. Add chilli powder and cumin; stir to combine.

Combine tomatos, beans, onion, chilies and tomato paste in slow cooker; stir in beef mixture. Cover and cook on high until the flavors are blended, 4-5 hours.

I added a cup of tomato juice because it was a bit thick.

Per serving: 142 calories, 5 g fat, 4 grams fiber (this is of course without the tomato juice)

marie.
03-31-2005, 02:31 PM
Hey Chicas-
Just saw this on new posts and wondered if I could come shoot the breeze with you all for awhile....
My name is Marie, and I'm from Cali-I'm the mother of 3 girls, and last june I married the love of my life who came from Nashville to be with us and happens to make his living as a country music musician ( singer)- I've gained about 30 pounds since I met him, and I jokingly blame that on all the grits and fried chicken I've been making since his arrival....I'm now using the body for life program and it seems to be working slowly but surely....
I love to be able to converse with some kick-butt ladies who understand that curvy can be killer!

chubbyvixen
03-31-2005, 02:36 PM
Welcome Marie! Mmmmm grits and fried chicken...I miss home :)

thatgirldina
03-31-2005, 02:37 PM
Hello Marie! Welcome to our little part of the world here at 3FC. Gald to have you! I love your Tinkerbell BTW. Too cute!

chubbyvixen
03-31-2005, 02:43 PM
Im trying to find companies to send my husbands resume to. We want to stay in the Middle East but his company that he works for is not as good as some others over here. So, I will be posting tonight alot while Im doing this. I hate how hungry I get at night. TV and night time= hunger :) Oh and internet and night time=hunger. YUCK.

Love,
Deanne

Kery
03-31-2005, 02:44 PM
And already on page 2! Can we make it to 4 over the night? ;)

Marie - Welcome in! And of course, curvy can be killer, teehee. (I know of a certain boyfriend, too, who'd be more than disappointed were I to lose some of my... curves :lol: )

Okay, I've been thinking of recipes to share, but as I announced in the previous thread, I'm desperately not original in my cooking... So I'll just post a dish I like to make:
- Quinoa
- Add pressed tomatoes, basil and small mushrooms
- Voilą, it's ready :D

*goes into hiding from the kitchen now*

chubbyvixen
03-31-2005, 02:48 PM
whats quinoa?

krngallo
03-31-2005, 02:49 PM
Geez louise--gone for less than 24 hours and it has been a posting frenzy! I don't know if I have time to read it all, let alone post! But that's a good thing! It sounds like many of the Vixens are doing great this week. Woohoo! Thanks for starting a new thread Deanne! At this rate, we will be posting new threads often! ;)

Speaking of rolleblading--I have actually never tried that, but I do like rollerskating. My kids rollerblade--but I never felt as secure trying because the last time I tried to iceskate I nearly killed my knees from falling too many times. And I feared trying rollerblading would do the same thing. But I have heard that it really is easy. Sounds like fun!

I have to run at the moment, but I will be back to post later! Happy day to all my Curvy Vixen friends! Cheers to a great day! :cheers:

thatgirldina
03-31-2005, 02:51 PM
Isn't Quinoa a grain? I could be mistaken...maybe it's pasta.

chubbyvixen
03-31-2005, 02:54 PM
Theres Karen....finally!! I was wondering where you were. You should try roller blading...its so much fun!!

Love,
Deanne

krngallo
03-31-2005, 03:14 PM
Hi again...

I have some time I thought I didn't have...so here are some quick posts...

Welcome to Marie--I love your avatar photo with the dog and cat! And how cool to be married to a country musician....I LOVE to sing and have a soft spot for country in particular. You and your honey look adorable on your profile. I have a part time karaoke business (called Croakee Karaoke & DJ Baldy) that me and my husband do. We started it partly because it is a way for me to get out there around something with singing. Although, being in a band would be way cooler! I have some friends who have band (called Diddley) and let me sit in with them when I have the time. I have been watching Nashville Star lateley to check out the new hopeful country artists. Has your husband ever thought of going out for something like that?

Lynn~What did you think of AI? I honestly wasn't completey surprised with the outcome, but thought it might be someone else that left. I have to admit, Simon has been pretty right-on with his opinions this year. Donzell did really good this week I thought, as well as Carrie. Hmmm....me and my reality shows, especially the singing ones!

Goddesskim~So glad you joined in! Thanks for the chili recipe! I love new recipes. I still need to try the ketchup coke reicpe that Deanne shared recently. I just bought a bag of grilled chicken strips from Sams club. My neighbor works for Dole salad--and is always bringing me be boxes of lettuce mixes. That's a good thing! So I have no excuse to not eat a good salad. I thought I could bring some grilled chicken strips to work with some salad.

Deanne~How is Brillo? I can not forget that name....sounds cute! I don't know what a hedgehog looks like...will have to google that one! Does it roam in the house or do you have to keep it confined? I know nothing about hedgehogs, except that there is some game from playstation that has hedgehogs, I think! I only know that because of my kids! Sounds like you are doing great this week, yeah!

Kery~Thanks for sharing the recipe...just need to know what quinoa is. Sounds easy though. I like easy! You mentioned in a previous post that you do some programming...do you use a particluar program (java, pearl?). Just wondered...I work with a ton of programmers and know some of the lingo. I just started a web programming class today. I have 5 classes till I finish school...yipppeeeeeeee!

Dina~ How are you doing? I love that quote in your signature, "if you always do what you always did, you will always get what you always got". It makes you stop and think, doesn't it?!

Kim~Hiya! Did you go on any walks today? How is everything?

Did I miss anyone? Well if I did it wasn't intentional...back to biz!

Have a happy healthy day Curvy Vixens! :coffee:

thatgirldina
03-31-2005, 03:39 PM
Thanks Karen. I keep seeing it around on various boards and I can totally relate to it. Hopefully it will keep me motivated. So far, so good today anyway.

Kery
03-31-2005, 03:43 PM
Quinoa is a sort of grain, yes. I recently discovered it and I found it pretty good. It contains proteins that are good both in quality and quantity - and I also noticed it because it's part of the foods that are recommended in my eating plan (its glycemic index is 35, lower than pasta). I don't know if it can be considered easily available, but it can be found in bio food stores, perhaps even certain supermarkets (there's one in my town that sells it, at least). It's pretty easy and fast to cook anyway, much like rice - one measure of quinoa for two measures of water, 10-15 minutes on the stove (the longer you leave it, the fluffier it becomes), and it's ready. :)

A little more about quinoa here: http://www.wholehealthmd.com/refshelf/foods_view/0,1523,74,00.html
And here to buy it online: http://www.quinoa.bigstep.com

Karen - "Programming", not exactly, I studied algorithmics a bit, a few years ago, and am now trying to grab this old knowledge back to learn PHP (to me it's close to that, as you need to envision the whole page and what you'll need exactly before writing the code, much like in a program). I don't use any specific program to write it, only good old Notepad... perhaps it's what makes it hard, I need to hunt down all the typos and coding mistakes from scratch. Suffice to say however that I'm not really talented at it; some things I'm good at learning all by myself, but this one sure isn't! :o

chubbyvixen
03-31-2005, 04:30 PM
Hey girls...

Karen- Brillo is in a cage. At night when its cooler, I let him out on the roof. He runs around for a few hours up there.

Kery- I will have to check out that stuff. There arent any health food stores here but I may be able to ask around for it. If not, Ill have my mom send some from the States. Easy enough. Thanks!

Im trying to find a red beans and rice recipe that I can use on the flex plab. Cant find one. Any of you know of one?

Love,
Deanne

thatgirldina
03-31-2005, 04:39 PM
I think we might need to see pics of Brillo...hint, hint....He sounds adoreable!

krngallo
03-31-2005, 05:05 PM
Deanne~I found a site that has a few different recipes for red beans and rice..here is the link.

http://www.recipeland.com/search/?q=red+beans+rice

What is flex plab? Is the plab new?

goddesskde
03-31-2005, 05:10 PM
Ok, i'm finally back. I was having technical difficulties with the routers here. I could download my email but I couldnt open a web page. I had to reboot everything here lol finally got things working again. Technology is great sometimes, but it's a love hate relationship here. lol So far the diet is going good. No cheating and really no desire to cheat. I'll keep my fingers crossed that things stay that way lol.

o2bskinny
03-31-2005, 05:24 PM
Hi Everyone! I am doing good! The question is........ARE YOU?
Karen - I went on a walk with Kim this morning. My legs hurt like crazy while I was walking....I am soooooo out of shape! :rolleyes: I know you will all be glad when I stop complaining about my legs hurting when I walk. That will be a joyous day! :cb:
As far as eating, I am doing great. I have a stationary bike that never gets used. We put it in our bedroom during the holidays. It is BIG. It was put facing my dresser with the back to the TV (hubby did this, don't ask). Anyway, I am going to get him to turn it around and maybe start riding it at night. Heaven knows, my legs need it!

Marie- WELCOME! So glad you joined! There are a great group of ladies here! You will enjoy I am sure. How old are your 3 girls?

Deanne - Dina is right, you should post a picture of Brillo. We really need to see this little critter. I get hungry too at night. I do great all day, then night hits and I get HUNGRY!! :jeno: :burger: :m:
This board is a good place to go when you are having a hard time. Everyone is so great! :yes:
Oh, and good luck with your husbands job hunting! Just like losing weight, don't give up!

Kery - Thanks for the lesson in Quinoa, I will have to see if I can find that. I had never heard of it before. See, you even learn lots here!

I will be back to post later.
Have a wonderfully LIGHT day!
Kim

PURPLEPANSY
03-31-2005, 05:35 PM
girls I just can't keep up with you all!! welcome to all the new sexy vixens...

PURPLEPANSY
03-31-2005, 05:37 PM
Do choclate chip cookies and cake sound on plan!!!! I'm a total loser.. tomorrow is another day...
I'm starting fresh tomorrow.. grrrrr.... I could wring my lil neck..
I have a pic I want to post but how do I? It says it is too big to be post, how do I make it smaller?
LYNN~~~ whose gonna lose this damn weight..:)

o2bskinny
03-31-2005, 05:44 PM
Oh, one more thing. Someone on another board posted a site for LL Bean where you can get a virtual model and try on clothes. You put in your body shape, weight and height and any measurements you want to and the model goes to your size and tries on the clothes you pick out. OMG! :rofl: I look like a pig! She looks just like me!!!!!!!!!! BUT.........I lower the weight to my goal weight and ......much better. Anyway, I thought you all might want to try it if you get bored.
http://www.llbean.com/myVirtualModel
Kim

PURPLEPANSY
03-31-2005, 05:48 PM
KAREN!!~~I was shocked at the outcome. I thought for sure that scott would be out... I was really upset... I know it is just a show.. LOL, but we come from a performing family. I dance ( used to but will again) in a dance company and my daughter is in theater, community and does alot of plays. That girl had talent compared to scott....!!!
DEANNE!!~~ roller blades... I'm thinking middle east and roller blades don't go together, I must be stupid LOL.. you have to post pics of home. I have pics I would love to send everyone, but I can't seem to post them on here...I would need email addy's
MARIE!!~~ hello and welcome beautiful vixen, enjoy the group, pull up a chair and post and vent...
KERY!!~~thanx for the grain advice I'll have to try that!
KIM!!~~Good for you on the walk and I know how you feel about your legs hurting. I walked these last few days and my legs are sore. I figure it will go away soon. Keep up the great walking!
GODDESS!!~~ Don't you just wanna throw your computer out the window. I've had alot of trouble with mine, yet I couldn't live without it
THATGIRL!!~~ How are ya doing?????????????

I am baking veggies as we speak, broc/cauli/carrots with tomato's and onion, it smells great!!!
I did all my errands today and made appointments I've been putting off, eye doctor and my husband needs his back checked as he has a disc disease. Looking at him you'd never know, he is very burly, but he is hurting.. sigh... hope all of you are great!!!!
LYNN~~

marie.
03-31-2005, 06:01 PM
Awww...thank you for all the support- I just love everyone on this site- so wonderful!

Karen- My DH had a #2 hit in Nashville a few years ago....and Buddy Jewel sang some of the demo songs that Dale wrote.....Dale toured with Merle until shortly before moving to Cali and since then he's been trying to finish his CD and also working as a graphic artist, which I think he likes better....I think he has a passion and talent for music, plus an open doorway...but I think for the moment he's having a good time being husband and Daddy ( he's never been married before) and Im totally happy with that!

Kim- Well, I went a little crazy with the girls!...my oldest is 25....then I have a middle daughter who would be 13 this year, but passed away at age 3 1/2 ( pediatric cancer)...I found out I was PG one month after she passed ( a sign me thinks) and now I have an 8 year old red-head spit fire....

Lynn- thanks! you may be sorry you offered!

Deanne If I could fit a cracker barrel restaurant into a box I'd ship it to you....:)

thanks again to everyone- you all rock!

o2bskinny
03-31-2005, 06:02 PM
Ok Lynn, Now cake and cookies sound GREAT but not on any plan I know of.
Come on girlie! You can do it! We need your help here!!!
Kim

chubbyvixen
03-31-2005, 06:10 PM
Oh to have cracker barrel...yum. Ok, Im going to try to find some pics of here...ill be right back.

Love,
Deanne

goddesskde
03-31-2005, 06:11 PM
LOL i have a red headed spit fire myself. 2 blondes and a brunette to boot. Way to much estrogen in this house lol

o2bskinny
03-31-2005, 06:17 PM
Marie, Your hubby was on tour with Merle? Like Haggard? Wow! That is way cool! :dancer: I am a country music fanatic. Good luck to you both, whether a graphic artist or musician. I know he is lovin life - especially the hubby and daddy part.
I am so sorry to hear about the daughter that passed away with cancer. I have a 13 year old son. And a dad that is going through chemo from colon cancer. Certainly not the same situation, but my heart goes out to you. Bet that 8 year old keeps you busy though! I have a 9 year old daughter. What a blessing! You had them all spread out! What does your 25 year old do?
Kim

PURPLEPANSY
03-31-2005, 06:19 PM
Kim thanx... but COOKIES!!!!.. CAN'T BLAME IT ON PMS.. EITHER!!

Marie~~ I am so sorry for the loss of your child and yes I believe it was a miracle you had your lil spit fire!...
LYNN~~

PURPLEPANSY
03-31-2005, 06:21 PM
we should all try to get into the chat room one of these days...:)

chubbyvixen
03-31-2005, 06:43 PM
Hey girls!

Karen- Thanks for the site. I meant to say plan...typo :)

Kim- Thanks for the good luck! Im trying to get upload some pictures now. We're on dial up so it may take a while.

Lynn- My email addy is mrs_munoz64@yahoo.com...I hope your husband feels better!

Here are some pictures...

Love,
Deanne

chubbyvixen
03-31-2005, 06:44 PM
And yes, we should get into the chat room

marie.
03-31-2005, 06:47 PM
Thank you for the thoughts...my little angel was a blessing- she never knew any different...or how many lives she changed....

Kim- Yeah, Haggard...but Merle pretty much raised him growing up-he was good friends with Dales Mom....it's a much different life than Im used to- now my little one answers the phone and screams "DADDY! CHARLIE DANIELS IS ON THE PHONE!!" *blink*
Im just happy having him happy at home and not out on the road. Im sorry to hear about your Dad- it's just not fair is it.....
My 25 year old is just kinda pluggin along right now...works at sears and recently moved in with her BF of 6 years.....

chubbyvixen
03-31-2005, 06:54 PM
Marie- the picture of that dog and cat is so cute!!

marie.
03-31-2005, 07:01 PM
It cracks me up everytime I look at it.....

PURPLEPANSY
03-31-2005, 07:53 PM
I Want A Hedgehog...:)

PURPLEPANSY
03-31-2005, 07:54 PM
deanne I see you are on.... isn't it like 3am there in the middle east????

krngallo
03-31-2005, 08:31 PM
Okay...I am really irritated...I was typing along and *poof* my message disappeared....I think I need to go vent a little after that! Ugh! Don't you hate that?!!!! I am tossing my PC! As spoiled as we may be to have PCs and delete keys, etc....it is still so disappointing to completely lose a message like that. Bummer! :mad:

krngallo
03-31-2005, 09:15 PM
Okay~~sigh, I will try again, don't know what happened to my undo key. I just got tripped up somehow. As I was saying.... :dizzy:

Deanne~~Your hedgehog is cute...so small next to the cat. No wonder the cat thinks he has a new toy! Poor little thing! I see you have been changing your avatar picture. I like the sexy cat woman by the way!

Goddesskim~~I know what you mean about too much estrogen in one house...I have two daughters that are pre-teens, 10 and 11 (act more like full blown teenagers, lots of bickering and fighting over typical teenager things). Not too mention I have one female dog, 3 female cats and 2 female hamsters. So that leaves one male husband (yep, he is a male! Ha ha), and his lone male companion--our German Shepherd Max. I have such a zoo--but I wouldn't have it any other way!

Lynn~~Yes, it would be fun to get on the chat room and do some real time chatting. Good idea...Lord knows we must have a lot to say with nearly 60 posts in single day! We are hot! I have one word to motivate you right now HAWAII baby! Keep that in your head. I keep doing the same thing with my Vegas trip...I want to be confident in a bathing suit. Know what I mean!!? You can do it....toss the cookies! There will be NO MORE cookies as long as you can't control yourself. Ya hear!

Marie~~So sorry to hear about your loss, I can only imagine your heartache. I am happy to hear that you have the blessing of the feisty red-head to help heal your heart. Sounds like you are in a happy place now with a loving hubby to keep you smiling as well! Pretty exciting to have a connection to those big names in country--but as you indicated, to him its just his family and we are all "just people" in this thing we call life. I think we are all connected in some way, at least I would like to think so. By the way, you are right--your kitty/dog picture surely makes you laugh. Speaking of funny animal photos and such, I came across the funniest cat book when I was browsing in a Barnes & Noble recently and came across this funny book called "Bad Cat: 244 Not-So-Pretty Kitties And Cats Gone Bad". It was the type of book that makes you laugh out loud--silly stuff. I didn't remember that whole book title by the way--I had to go look it up in Amazon. Me and my daughter cracked up looking at it.

Kim~~Just think all that soreness is your muscles getting stronger on those walks, and you know the more muscles you have the more fat your burn...and so on! Keep it up!

Hope everyone is having a healthy and happy day! :cool:

marie.
03-31-2005, 09:42 PM
Karen...Bad Cat...OMG! we saw it too the other day and we howled! honestly, the sayings underneath are just as good as the pics!

PURPLEPANSY
03-31-2005, 10:23 PM
KAREN~~ <<laughing>>> house full of estrogen here too.. two teen daughters, female dog, cat, and bird. We also had a female duck we lost last month... LOL...Thanx for the kick in the pants about hawaii. It is our dream vacation and I had to pull alot of strings to do this!! Two whole glorious weeks and I want to look good!!! I see alot of the summer clothing out now and I'm like... urghhhhhh nothing fits.. I'm in a 14/16 now I'd like to be at least a 12 by then.. NO MORE COOKIES I PROMISE :) AND MY FINGERS AIN'T CROSSED BEHIND MY BACK NEITHER.. LOL

MARIE~~How in the world did you get the dog and cat to pose that way??????? That is too funny. I have a siberian husky that loves my cat ( would love to eat her) and the cat knows it. (dogs pic is in my profile) Eight long years I've had this dog and they just don't get along. The cat sees the dog and lets out a hiss like you wouldn't believe.

Tomorrow my goals are to drink all of my water, walk 2 miles and stay within pts.. toss the cookies and BEHAVE!!
Jamie was suppose to come home from school tonight but decided to stay because she is going out with mike. She is still depressed over her breakup with matt and has lost 18 pounds ( she couldn't afford to lose a pound) I'm getting alittle worried, but hubby says it will pass. sigh..... You don't want your kids to hurt and you wish you could take it away, but heartache is part of life....
I'm going to watch ER and dream about broccoli... LOL
LYNN~~

PURPLEPANSY
03-31-2005, 10:49 PM
was on the fashion bug web site and I had to buy this.. I love it ( I really bought it for the matching bag) LOL

http://fashionbug.charmingshoppes.com/Shopping/product.asp?product_id=FP001768&nav=FP

o2bskinny
03-31-2005, 10:58 PM
Lynn, yes, unfortunately heartbreak is a part of life. I am so not looking forward to those years with my kids. It is coming though. I try not to think about it too much. I know you told us on the last board, but when is your trip to Hawaii? HANG IN THERE! You can do it!

Deanne, the hedgehog is too funny! I love it! Looks like the cat loves it too! haha. Thanks for posting the pictures. That was great.

Karen, thanks for the boost about my friggin' sore legs. There are a few hills that Kim and I walk, and they are horrible! I know they look like little hills to Kim, but to me, they may as well be Mt Everest! I can't wait to be where I am walking further, with less pain. I guess that would be the 'maintenance' part of walking, huh? Yes, I am just glad I am getting off my huge butt and at least making an attempt at something.

Marie, that is wild to me hearing about someone who grew up with Merle Haggard. My dad has ALWAYS loved him. I grew up listing to him. Dad says country music just isn't the same as it was in the days of Haggard. He loves all the old stuff. Wow and to have Charlie Daniels call up! WHAT A HOOT!

Well, I am dying for something chocolate. I found a SBD recipe I am going to try.

Oh, I don't remember who mentioned us all chatting......GREAT IDEA. We really should!

Off to find some chocolate and watch ER!
Kim

Klengkeek
03-31-2005, 11:21 PM
How do I subscribe to this thread. I always have trouble finding it. I am new to this site?

Universityprincess
03-31-2005, 11:54 PM
WOW, there are so many posts! I planned on posting every day for the Curvy challenge, but my computer went crazy and I have to defrag it...I know that is supposed to take 30mins-1hour, but so far, I am at a lil over 36 hours of defragging. I have been drinking my water and exercising like no one's business. For instance, yesterday, I had trampoline, African Dance 2, I worked out (40 mins cardio, 20 mins weights), and I had to do a lot of walking for work. I'm a lil sore today, but I still plan on hitting the gym in a few hours. I wish I could say I have been as good on food, but I can't...oh well.

I hope you ladies are doing better than me with food...I'm having chocolate cravings

Mel

o2bskinny
04-01-2005, 01:28 AM
Ok, I got so excited. I wanted a chocolate fix....I apparently did NOT put enough splenda in the brownies..........OMG! :eek: THEY ARE SO BITTER! Yes, I am a tad upset. :stress: Dang it!
Klengkeek- welcome! Just come on over any time. As far as how to get here? I just click on support groups and then curvy vixens #2. Get ready for some fast paced posting though. You are gone a day, and there are at least 3 pages to catch up on!
Universityprincess, we just got a new computer. Our other one took 3 days to defrag the last time I did it..You may not have been doing good with the food part, but OMG! That is alot of exercise! YOU GO GIRL!
Kim

Saggii
04-01-2005, 02:01 AM
Here's some Info. about myself. My name is Myrna I'm a SAHM and have three kiddos. I live in CA. and have a great husband. I'm so glad he's doing the points with me. I feel like this time I'm motivated. This is my firs time doing WW. Three of my husband's friends got me to go to the meeting and I'm glad I made this choice. I had my 3rd WI on Wed. and I'm surprised I lost 2.4 lbs. this wk. I thougth I really messed up my points on Easter Sun.
Hope to get to know all of you and to give support as well and receive it! :)

Hope everyone is loosing Lbs., oz., and in.

Saggii :wave:

o2bskinny
04-01-2005, 02:20 AM
Hi Myrna! I am a SAHM too. I cater VERY part time, and do lots of stuff at my sons school. Welcome! I think you will find this a very friendly and supportive group of vixens! Way to go on the loss over Easter! That is great!
Kim

chubbyvixen
04-01-2005, 07:51 AM
Hey girls...I dont really have much time to post. I will post a little bit later. You're all asleep anyway :) Ok, just wanted to say hi.

Love,
Deanne

Kery
04-01-2005, 09:58 AM
I'm not asleep! Oh.. .wait... that'd be because I'm 6 to 9 hours ahead I guess ;)

My expectations got blown away - this thread went up to 5 pages overnight, not 4! And I wonder why I'm having a hard time to catch up :lol:

Myrna and Klengkeek- Welcome to the group! :)

Kim - It can only go better with the walking and legs pain, so keep your spirits up, hehe. There's this magical thing with muscles, when we use them and go on making the same type of effort, they don't hurt anymore after a while - and this can evolve pretty quickly if the effort is made regularly. I bet that in 1 or 2 weeks, you'll be a killer when it comes to walking these hills ;)

Not having too much time right now, so I'm not going to post a lot... I'll be back later on tonight if I can!

PURPLEPANSY
04-01-2005, 10:25 AM
aloha vixens....
It is 930am here in upstate NY and it is raining....
I have nothing much planned this am, I do have an appt for a manicure and pedicure late.
I can't believe the weekend is here already.. my my what a fast week!!
GOALS~
Drink 8 glasses of water
walk 2 miles
and stay with points
Have two servings of fruit today~
Hiya Myrna.. .and WELCOME!
HAVE A GRAND FRIDAY ALL!
LYNN~~

goddesskde
04-01-2005, 10:26 AM
Now I can tell my hubby that he's not alone in the estrogen heavy house holds lol. We have our 4 daughters a female cat and a female puppy. His lone companion is our super hyper male pug. He's so spazzy you cant even pet him. I'm still plugging right along with this diet. I'm actually eating a bit before I go on my walk this morning (cottage cheese). I usually wait until afterwords to eat breakfast, but I woke up HUNGRY this morning lol.

PURPLEPANSY
04-01-2005, 10:42 AM
Hi kim.. have fun on your walk..:)

SoccerGirl
04-01-2005, 11:54 AM
Hi gang.
Hope everyone has a love Friday and a wonderful weekend.

krngallo
04-01-2005, 11:58 AM
Good morning Vixens!

Just checking in real quick to say happy Friday to you all!

Lynn~That's the spirit, start the day with the plan. Those cookies will soon be a distant memory--and you will proudly say Aloha on the beaches of Hawaii. BTW, that little butterfly outfit from FB was adorable. Now you can go through a metamorphosis and transform yourself! Visualize the skinny you! :cp:

Goddesskim~Great job with morning walk! You are motivating me! :strong:

To everyone else--hope you are on track and feeling in good spirits today! :coffee2:

thatgirldina
04-01-2005, 12:36 PM
Good morning Vixens and a big welcome to Myrna and Klengkeek!

I've seem to have officially fallen off the WW wagon this week. Damn Girl Scout cookies! I am over my FP's by 7 and WI isn't until Monday night! AND it's only Friday! Wah, enough crying. Nuthin' I can do about it now but watch those points over the weekend and try to get in a whole bunch 'o exercise. Wish me luck girls. I think I might be laying sod in my yard on Sunday. That's gotta be worth atleast 4 AP's right?!

We sure are cruising right on through the pages these days aren't we?!

Saggii
04-01-2005, 02:05 PM
Hey, thanks for the nice welcoming!

So, it's friday and I feel in good spirits. I have my two girls who are on their last day of vacation before they go to school on Mon. Were off to the beach to meet a friend. :dancer:

I'm doing pretty good with my points. I have 35 FP left until Wed. Let's see how we do during the weekend. It's funny, but I think the reason I'm sticking to this whole way of eating is because I have to go to WI with my three friends. So far both of them have lost about 20 lbs. each. They've been going to WW for 16wk. I'm only starting my third week.

Keep positive and lets have a great Fri. girls!!!!! :cb:

:wave:

Myrna

chubbyvixen
04-01-2005, 02:06 PM
Hey chicks!

Kim- Have you seen the recipe for cake where you add soda to it. I bought a milk chocolate cake and im going to add diet coke to it. Its a WW thing so you may not be able to have it. Not sure.

Mel- Maybe you could try the cake too...whats with all the chocolate cravings?? It seems like we're all in sync.

Myrna- Welcome to the boards. You doing the Flex or Core program?

Kery- Im not too sure how far you are behind me.

GoddessKimj- Woah! Thats alot of estrogen!

Karen- How are you girl? Y'all still using that grill?

Dina- You'll get back on that wagon! Just move on and do better :)

Ok, it was an awesome day here. We took the rescue kitty to a petshop. I was crying. Found a bird that I want while we were there. I swear, I need to go to meetings for my obssession with animals.
The diet actually went well today. Im having very bad sleeping problems so that doesnt help. I was up til 3am last night. Im going to try to go to sleep earlier tonight though. I used to drink those Carnation drinks in the mornings when I was little. I even had my mom send me some. Today, the grocery store got some in. YAY! It was $14 for 22 packets. WOWZER.
I bought some new nose rings today so Im excited about that. Other, than that its been pretty dull today.
Ok, I will check in later.

Love,
Deanne

goddesskde
04-01-2005, 02:19 PM
chocolate cake and soda are definately not on the south beach diet. No sugars at all for 2 weeks so anything like the prepackaged cake will have tons of sugars in it. I have tried those before though and the cakes are great.
Kim and I had a delay in our walk this morning. It was raining like crazy when we were about to go. We sat around and drank coffee (with no sugar) and talked until it stopped. But boy oh boy was it chilly when we got out there. I think it made us walk faster lol. I came home and had some eggs and turkey bacon and now i'm trying to warm up.

o2bskinny
04-01-2005, 02:41 PM
Hey Soccergirl! Hope you have a wonderful day as well. It was raining this morning by the time Kim and I went to walk, so we hung out, drank coffee and as soon as it quit, we walked. It is chilly today and the wind was blowing. Kim said she figured that a little wind resistance for us! Positive thinking on her part I would say! Anyway, we did it.
Deanne, I am still having a craving for chocolate. I know I can't do the cake thing on SBD, but there has to be something!!!! I may do the brownies again, but try to fix what was obviously wrong. They sure did look and smell good though, didn't they Kim? YUCK! :yikes: Oh, Deanne,You may need therapy girl! You are addicted to those animals aren't ya! I wish that was all I was addicted to! HEHE!
Myrna, let your friends be your motivation, that is awesome! Way to go! Keep it up! Lots of Flexpoints to have on stand by! WoooHoo!
Dina, Girl, pick yourself up and get back on the wagon. Every day you don't you will beat yourself up. Don't beat yourself up! :rollpin: Just pick yourself up and start again!
Karen and Lynn - Hope you are all doing good and reaching those goals.
WE CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!! :cheer: Each day that goes by, we are one day closer to summer!
Kim

goddesskde
04-01-2005, 02:51 PM
OMG I just drank some chocolate milk. Ok so I made it with sugar free nestles quick, but it tastes just like the stuff the kids drink. I even made it with skim milk but I'm soooo in heaven lol.. funny how little things make us happy when we're old and dieting!!

thatgirldina
04-01-2005, 03:09 PM
Thanks for all the kind words everyone! It really helps to log in here and see everyone being so supportive of eachother.

Chocolate milk sounds delish! I think I might have some with dinner tonight. I've got soy milk and SF Nestles!

Deanne - A link for you...I just skimmed it....
http://www.mmilani.com/commentary_0603.html

chubbyvixen
04-01-2005, 04:02 PM
Dina...so cute! Im going to let my husband read that one. Seriously though...I need a 12 step program!

Love,
Deanne

chubbyvixen
04-01-2005, 04:05 PM
Oh Kim....you poor thing! Make those brownies again and this time do it right. Splenda is yummy. Everytime i see it, i think of snow. Im weird.

Love,
Deanne

goddesskde
04-01-2005, 04:09 PM
Did you guys ever realize how many products have sugar added to the ingredients? I had such a hard time even finding salad dressing with no added sugar, not to mention lunch meats, pasta sauce, cremer... you name it, addes sugar. its getting a bit frustrating

PURPLEPANSY
04-01-2005, 05:51 PM
There is sugar in everything................!!!!

PURPLEPANSY
04-01-2005, 05:52 PM
:dizzy: There is sugar in everything................!!!!

PURPLEPANSY
04-01-2005, 06:00 PM
yikes sorry for the double posts... :dizzy:
I didn't walk today.... :rollpin:it rained and rained, then the sun came out and I was doing errands. I plan on getting my 2 miles in tomorrow
Have a great evening all..
LYNN~~

goddesskde
04-01-2005, 06:01 PM
No wonder most diabetics have issues keeping their blood sugar in check. You think you're making good choices when it comes to foods and then you find out it has added sugar. Its like the bait and switch!! ARGHHHHHHHHH! lol I'm chugging along though, it's not easy. Sugar free life is more difficult than I thought it would be.. simply because I keep finding more foods that I can't have because someone decided to add sugar to freaking beans!

JennM
04-01-2005, 08:00 PM
Hi I just joined 3fatchicks today and I am new Can I join the group? I don't know how...any help would be appreciated. I am a sahm of 2 and my baby daughter just laughed for the first time tonihgt. Nice to meet all of you.

o2bskinny
04-01-2005, 08:23 PM
Lynn - Here's hoping for good weather for you! It has not been nice here, but we did manage to get our walk in though, that is the main thing.

JennM! Hello! And welcome! Just come on in and post your thoughts! Glad to have you!

Deanne - A 12 step program is a great idea! I have an aunt who is just like you as far as animals go. If there is a stray, she is going to pick it up. She has a house full. She would need that 12 step program too. I have a weakness for puppies, I just don't go look.

Well, I am going to figure out something for dinner. The chocolate milk sounds good for dessert. Maybe hot chocolate with SF nestles. hmmmmmmmm :chin: Sounds like a plan to me.

Have a wonderful weekend all!
Kim

chubbyvixen
04-01-2005, 08:44 PM
Its 3am and Im still up!! I've tried sleeping...didnt work. Had a few cravings so I ate popcorn.

Jenn- Welcome!! I see you've lost 12lbs...thats awesome!! Keep going :)

Kim- I bought these things called Cadbury Lights today. Its for hot cocoa but I think Ill just make chocolate milk with it. Im not a big fan of hot chocolate. I love hot apple cider though. Yum.

Ok, Im going to attempt to sleep again. Night, night.

Love,
Deanne

plumptobump
04-01-2005, 10:41 PM
sssllloowww down!! haha...I cant keep up! Im off for one day and I have read everything from hedgehogs to American Idol to chocolate...made for an interesting read though! :) So, in light of the fact that there is NO way I can possible remember everything, all I can say is welcome to all the new people, cute hedgehog (wish I could have ANY pet besides a fish..), and congrats to all who are doing well on their diets!! :) I know that doesnt cover everything and Im sorry.... ;)

Been a bad couple of days for me in ALL areas...Im determined to make this work! Ive done it before and I can do it again (and for the last time!). Beautiful here in Sydney today...going to a rugby game with the hubby tonight (which he of course is thrilled about). Starting to get cooler which is such a nice break from the summer heat...we had a hot one this year!

Hope you all are well...sounds like you are! :D

Britt
xxxx

PURPLEPANSY
04-01-2005, 11:02 PM
howdy vixens,
I was watching fit tv before. The story was great about a breast cancer suvivor who wanted to lose 50 lb. Amazing what some people have to over come. :^:
I'm going to up my duration of exercise tomorrow and up my water intake.
Jamie is home from college and the laundry is all over the house... :dizzy:
have a great night all
LYNN~~

PURPLEPANSY
04-01-2005, 11:04 PM
Hey britt.. sorry the posts are sooo long. I know I miss a half a day and I can't keep up :).
To some up my life..
too many cookies, not enough walking, and I'm damn pissed about american idol... Jessica should not have been eliminated... :(
LYNN~

plumptobump
04-01-2005, 11:38 PM
Haha, thanks Lynn. We get American Idol here AFTER you guys do (we have Australian Idol), so I dont really know what everyone is talking about, but suppose Ill figure it out in a few weeks when we catch up to where you are now....haha.

Britt

PURPLEPANSY
04-01-2005, 11:46 PM
omg britt.. I won't give it away.. <<< mouth shut closed>>> hey maybe I won't eat now.. LOL
Deanne.. I know it is sooo late, I hope you are sleeping now. Is Nic home? or at work? maybe if he is working nights, you find it hard to sleep. Jim is going away end of april and I'm such a baby... I'll be here by myself... I"m sry you had to give the kitty back.. I'm an animal lover also....

PURPLEPANSY
04-01-2005, 11:48 PM
hey britt? what time is it there now?

Kery
04-02-2005, 04:32 AM
Hi everyone! :)

So I've got the certainty now that gardening can be an efficient exercise as well. I'm finding it as hard to move now as it is after a full workout, I guess my muscles know how to move now, but still can't take it for hours in a row. :lol:

JennM - Welcome to the group! You posted in, so in fact you're already a member, nothing special to do to subscribe, from what I know ;)

Deanne - I'm not sure either (regarding the timezone you're on). I'm GMT +1 (well, with DST on now that effectively makes it +2, in fact), perhaps you're 1-2 hours ahead, I'm not sure.

And still so much to catch up on here. Wow :)

PURPLEPANSY
04-02-2005, 05:06 PM
aloha vixens,
It is pouring pouring here in upstate NY :rain:. My allergies are kickin in and I'm sneezing up a storm! :nose:
Took hubby to the doctor and he has weeks of physical therapy for his back. The doctor put him on pamelor for chronic pain. He went out to lunch and we both had salad bar, although I did have some choclate.. :chockiss:
We set out clocks ahead tonight and we gain an hour of sunlight :sunny:
Post latah...
LYNN~~

thatgirldina
04-02-2005, 05:06 PM
Happy Saturday Vixens! Too much to catch up on, but it was fun just reading. I'm still not back on track. Went on a late birthday dinner celebration at our new Cajun restaurant and blew it. Atleast it was really good. Makes it almost worth it. Monday is WI and with all the slip ups I've had this week, I am expecting a gain. Live and learn I suppose.

On a happier note...we rented a beach house for my son's 3rd birthday!!!! It's in Mission Beach. Here is the link www.oceanfrontsuites.com . I can't wait!!! Gotta find a WW meeting in San Diego now. Myrna...do you know of any near Mission Beach? We will be in town from June 11th-18th. I think we might stay the night of the 17th at Crystal Pier. Have you heard of it? I'm sooooo excited, I can't wait! Gotta get back on track so I can wear cute summer clothes...

PURPLEPANSY
04-02-2005, 05:14 PM
THATGIRL~~ WOW that looks so nice.... i'm sure you'll have a great time :cheer: :goodvibes

thatgirldina
04-02-2005, 05:18 PM
Thanks Lynn! I'm really looking forward to it!

Sorry to hear about all your rain. It finally stopped here and it's gorgeous. I'm sneezing up a storm as well. Can't take this pollen here in Arizona. I recenty moved here from Denver where I had no allergies. It's not fun!

Your poor hubby! Sounds painful! Hopefully you shared the chocolate and it made him feel better! :)

thatgirldina
04-02-2005, 05:21 PM
Oh, and I keep forgetting to ask everyone. do you all have a website or photos to share? I was going to post my before and during pics, but chickened out. Sometimes it's nice though to see how far everyone has come as we take this weight loss journey together. I know it really helps to keep me motivated.

PURPLEPANSY
04-02-2005, 05:21 PM
LOL.. nadda.. I ate all the choclate...:)...I'm hoping for some sun tomorrow. I really need it. I think the rain and lack of sun effects my mood.!!

krngallo
04-02-2005, 05:43 PM
Happy Saturday Vixens!

Hope you are all having a sunny weekend in spirit despite some rainy weather. It's raining here as well. :flow2:

Last night my husband and I went out to one of my favorite karaoke bars. They were having a Karaoke contest (have been for the past several weeks on Fridays, but its not always easy for us to find the time to get out on Fridays). Anyway, I signed up for the contest~~sang "Redneck Woman" and WON first place!!!! Mind you, its not like its AI or something huge...but for this neck of the woods I was excited. I won a $25 gift certificate from Red Lobster and a free hotel room certicate to Ramada Inn (as the bar is located inside a Ramada Inn). I was working the crowd, shaking my groove thing--even hurt my left hip with a minor soreness going on after the fact. I didn't realize how hard I was shaking my hips until had finished from all the excitement. LOL It was a lot of fun--and that is the most important part. I got a little "life high" from that moment. :dancer:

I need to run now, I promised my kiddos that I would take them to the mall and to a movie--so I am off and running as usual. Hope you are all having a happy day! :D

o2bskinny
04-02-2005, 06:41 PM
Well Karen! You go girl! How fun! I would love to do that, but I can't sing a lick! I am horrible! Plus, I am not that brave. I think that is great! Shake your groove thing girl. :dance: You must have gotten some good exercise!

I am doing great on my diet...I think. Like it was posted earlier....there is sugar in EVERYTHING!!!!!! The chocolate milk with SF Nestle has helped though. I haven't gotten the guts up to try the brownies again.

Well, here is Mississippi, the allergies are AWFUL! I have problems in the fall and the spring is miserable. I took allergy shots for 5 years..and I still am miserable. Watery and Itchy eyes, Itchy throat, and can't quit sneezing. When Kim and I go on our walks, I have to take extra tissue. It is bad here.
So I sympathize with all of you allergy sufferers. BLESS YOU....HEHE

Lynn, just curious..what kind of chocolate did you have? YUM!

Dina, nice place! You will have a blast. My hubby and I are taking a long weekend in the mountains in July. Our cabin is sooooo cute. Something else to lose weight for........It would be nice to feel sexy again! I can't imagine!

Oh well, here is wishing you all a wonderful weekend...AND BE GOOD! :tread:
Kim

PURPLEPANSY
04-02-2005, 07:03 PM
choc kisses!!! mmmmmmm had four of them..

PURPLEPANSY
04-02-2005, 07:05 PM
wow karen...not only a vixen but a singing vixen.. wtg!

goddesskde
04-02-2005, 07:14 PM
Good afternoon ladies. How is everyone today. Glorious weather to report in Mississippi and since I don't suffer from allergies I'm actually enjoying our spring. Now when the yard work starts I'll be hating life lol. I went out on a date with my hubby last night and managed to stick on plan.. woo hoo...I was one of those dorky people that bring their own salad dressing to a resturant so I wouldn't have to eat what they had there lol. I avoided all bad foods and even went to starbucks and ordered a caffee late with non fat milk.. no sugar... Now that diet coke i drank last night didn't taste so great but at least its on my diet...

backtome
04-02-2005, 08:54 PM
Hello all!
I would like to tell everyone congrats on their will power ...... whether it is keeping on their diet, excersicing, or going *back* to their diet.

I have been excercising. As for my diet...well, not so great. But I did get rid of all that evil Easter candy and for the last several days I have been able to break my awful 3pm eat fest. Yes, just me and Dr Phil (baby is napping) and popcorn, pop, cookies whatever I can dig up lol!

So, baby steps for me this week, but its a heck of a lot better than what I have been doing.

Happy Saturday, girls!

o2bskinny
04-03-2005, 01:25 AM
backtome - Nothing wrong with baby steps! I have spent the last 9 years going backwards. There is alot to be said for baby steps. Good for you! ;)
Kim

chubbyvixen
04-03-2005, 06:12 PM
Hey girls...wow I missed alot. Nic was supposed to work yesterday but got the night off. So, we hung out at the house and did absolutely NOTHING. It was great.
Things are ok here. The weather is awesome! The diet however is just ok. Im trying to get back on track but just cant seem to. Being bipolar has its ups and downs as far as dieting goes. If I get depressed, I gain. If Im manic, i lose ALOT. So, I have made a promise to myself to do better. Much better. I need to lose this excess weight.

Anyway, I have my Slimfast in the fridge for breakfast. I have my goals printed up. I WILL do better.

Ok girls, I will check in later. The hubby gets home early...probably in about 30 minutes. So, I may not be checking in later :)

Love,
Deanne

chubbyvixen
04-03-2005, 06:15 PM
Oh Karen...you go girl!! Goodness...sounds like you had a great time!! Hot mama!! Good for you. Exercise in disguise :)

Love,
Deanne

PURPLEPANSY
04-03-2005, 08:53 PM
hiya vixens.....
today I walked for 40 mins but at a total of 32 pts...
will post more later....
deanne.. I can relate... I have depression and I know where you are coming from..
be welllllllll please
Love
Lynn

PURPLEPANSY
04-03-2005, 08:55 PM
sry.. type.. ate a total of 32 pts... :)

chubbyvixen
04-03-2005, 10:11 PM
Lynn- I love your avatar!! I meant to tell you I changed my email address to munozchick@yahoo.com. The other one was getting all this spam mail. Everytime I tried to block it, it would come from different addresses. Oh, hows it going with your daughter and mike(?)?

Love,
Deanne

krngallo
04-03-2005, 11:11 PM
Good evening ladies....

I don't have much time, but wanted to check in and let you all know I was thinking about you. I have to get caught up on some homework--and am feeling really sleepy so it will be a challenge. But I gotta get motivated...in more ways then one. I have been in good spirits mentally, but have done some bad things (eating wise) while out running around with my family. But I have had plenty of exercise with all the walking as I have hardly sat still this weekend. Only one time did I sit really, when I went to go see "Meet the Fockers" at the cheap theater in town. Cute flick, by the way! So maybe all the acitivty will make up for some of my bad choices this weekend. I wasn't bad the whole weekend--but I went a little overboard when I went out to eat on Friday with my family to a buffet. By the time we got there I was starving--and that is never a good thing! I need to eat my mid-morning and afternoon snacks to get back to a good rhythm. Othewise, I end up feeling like I can eat a house from waiting too long. Ugh! It makes me feel like a failure when I go off track like that, especially since I was challenging myself to be good this week! Bad, bad, bad! Lynn~you can yell at me this time! It's my turn!

Alrighty gals, I need to get back to studying...before I pass out on my keyboard!

Ciao bellas!

Universityprincess
04-04-2005, 06:42 AM
Hey ladies,
My computer just finished defragging...I've been doing it since Tuesday night...YEAAAAH, ok, on to better things, I didn't work out today, but I did work out five days this week and of course weight trained every other day. I am so sleepy right now, but I have to do laundry...because I don't have any workout clothes left, LOL.

I seem to be pretty bad on weekends, I don't seem to drink as much water and I am not getting as much exercise and I eat more...oh yeah, thats a good combination. My graduation is coming up pretty soon...I am excited and yet oh so very nervous.

Kim, oh my goodness, what are you allergic to? We have some of the worse allergiens out here in Oregon. It's the grass seed capital of the world, has plenty of trees and lots of mold!

Karen, I loved Meet the Fockers...it was so funny!

goddesskde
04-04-2005, 09:56 AM
WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I weighed in this morning. I was 164.7 ( i round off for the tracker) Not bad for one week on South Beach!! It makes all the world of difference to see the numbers move even if its just a bit. Ok, giving up sugar wasnt the hardest thing i've done in my life, but it's not the easiest either considering everything at the grocery store has sugar in it. BUT now i can say it's worth the effort. I'm going out for my walk with Kim this morning then off the quote a job. I'll check back in after that.

o2bskinny
04-04-2005, 11:32 AM
whoooo hooooo! I lost 5 pounds!!!!!!!!!!! :cb: :dance: :dancer: :encore: :cheer: :goodscale
I am so excited and motivated! Kim and I even took a little longer walk today with another Mt Everest hill! I know the first 2 weeks on SBD is the quickest loss, but that is all it takes, is losing a few pounds to really get me going.

Universityprincess, honestly, there isn't much I am not allergic to. When I had the test done several years ago, I was allergic to 80% of everything they tested. The only difference I see with the shots I took for 5 years is that now summer is more bareable. At least when there is noone cutting grass nearby. I can't cut the yard at all. I am really looking forward to summer though.

Well, I am off to help my hubby paint, he is off from his regular job and his aunt needs a rental house painted. I thought I would help him a little.
I will post back later!
I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kim

PURPLEPANSY
04-04-2005, 12:40 PM
Deanne~~ thanx about the avatar.. notice the pudgy arms.. urgh...... my daughter is a whiz on the comp,.. you should see her avatars.. lets not go there..:)
things are great with mike, they see each other every day. He is graduating college in june and is looking to work at the national weather service.
goddess kim...~~whooo hooo on the weight loss... what are you eating in a typical day?
Hiya princess, I know what you man about the weekends, I ate 32 pts yesterday!!
Karen~~ howdy.. how are you doing on this monday??...I wanted to see "meet the fockers". We have a cheapy theater here too, all the older movies go there, tickets are only 2 bucks!!
Has anyone seen any other great movies??? or is anyone reading any books, a friend of mine is reading, angry housewives eating bon bons, she said it is hysterical.

It poured here all weekend, alot of roads near us were flooded. School started again, Heather woke up not very happy. We have a dance class tonight... should burn a few calories.
I walked 2.25 miles this am...
post latah..
love
LYNN~~

PURPLEPANSY
04-04-2005, 12:44 PM
can everyone tell me what there body type is is???? where they carry their weight?? I'm an apple.
I carry it in my stomach and rear end... you know the junk in the trunk.. LOL...
I think I have about 30 pounds of fat on my stomach. You know those cute long tunic tops, I love them, but if I wore them people would think I was pregnant!!!

SoccerGirl
04-04-2005, 01:35 PM
I'm the same purplepansy.
I carry it in my stomach and bottom. Which sucks for us because those are the toughest places to lose. :mad:

Which is why still after having lost 28 pounds so far, it's very hard to tell.

goddesskde
04-04-2005, 01:39 PM
Lets see what do i eat in a day.. Breakfast- 2 egg omlette with cheese, green peppers, onions and 2 peices of bacon, coffee with no sugar, and chocolate milk with sugar free nestles quick. Lunch-a can of tomato soup made with skim milk, salad with no sugar added dressing and sometimes green beans Dinner-chicken breast usually grilled or roasted with veggies and a salad. Snacks- sugar free popsicles, cheese sticks and roasted nuts and desert is usually sugar free jello.. WOW i eat a lot lol....I also drink plenty of water an occasional diet soda and some crystal light
I'm an hour glass shape I think. Personally i dont think i fit any preset mold, but thats the closest to my body shape. I round out all over, nothing settles in just one spot.

backtome
04-04-2005, 01:44 PM
I think my body defies a type! I carry my weight in my stomache, butt, hips, thighs and my face. Right now I have what I call my 'frontal butt' that I am hoping to lose soon ---- my stomache actually has a 'crack'. Augh! Those ding dongs were sooo not worth it :)
But here goes another week......I am taking such motivation from you vixens! My goal is to further clean up my diet by drinking more water and no eating between 2pm -5pm and no snacking after dinner. I am also going to do my best to go to the gym 4 times this week.
Have a great Monday!

PURPLEPANSY
04-04-2005, 01:52 PM
back to me~~ I know what you mean bout the stomache dimple, I have cellulite on my stomach that is soooo gross, ripples, lines... and do I have a belly button????? who knows as I can't see it. My goal is to get my naval peirced when I reach goal...
kim~~ thanx for posting what you eat, sounds very healthy, I personally love tomato soup!
soccer~~ do you notice that your stomach is the last place to see any changes!! grrrrrr
It is cloudy here in upstate NY, where is the sun??? I'm soooo sun deprived.....

goddesskde
04-04-2005, 01:59 PM
LOL i have my naval peirced.. not that i can see the dang bar bell anymore!!

chubbyvixen
04-04-2005, 02:13 PM
Y'all are so funny!!
I carry my weight on my stomach, thighs, and chest. Im afraid that once I lose all the weight that my breasts will go away with it. Nic told me I could get implants if that happens. Not sure about that though. We'll see.
I have my naval pierced too but when Nic and I were trying to get pregnant, I took it out. Although, I do have a tattoo right under my naval. Still, I didnt want the bar bell in there if I got pregnant.

How is everyone?

Love,
Deanne

goddesskde
04-04-2005, 02:19 PM
I had my barbell in when i got pregnant with my 2nd daughter. It wasnt a problem until the 5th month and then I had to take it out. (I showed really early with her.. being the 2nd baby and 10lbs 2oz at birth she was huge!) It depends on personal preference though, I've seen women with them in up to delivery ( you have to take them out then in case you have to have emergency surgery)

krngallo
04-04-2005, 02:34 PM
Hi vixens!

To chime in the body type conversation--I am most definitely an apple. Occasionally, I still get asked the question "when is the baby due?"...I have gotten so used to it, it doesn't even phase me. How said is that! It's not like it happens every day or anything, but as long as I can remember I have been asked that question (especially if I was wearing an oversized shirt or something). So I can simply make up a due date, or embarrass the person asking with the truth "I am not prego!". It is always a man that asks, and they always react the same "Oh I am so sorry! I thought...uh, well, uh, sorry!". I usually end up laughing and think "is it worse to look pregnant of fat?" Guess that all depends.

I just went for a lunch walk--it is so pretty here today. I am happy I sit by a window--so I can at least enjoy the view!

Hope you are all having a good day!

krngallo
04-04-2005, 02:37 PM
One more thing...on the naval piercing topic--or at least it made me think about this. I don't think I will be flat as a pancake in my belly area (oh but I would love that!). Even as a young girl I had a pooch belly. It's in my jeans! So I probably would never get a naval piercing--though I am envious of the girls who wear them well. Instead of a piercing, my plan is to get a butterfly tatoo (not sure where yet) to signify my metamorphisis to the new healthy me!

PURPLEPANSY
04-04-2005, 03:35 PM
Karen, my belly will never be flat either.. I'm thinking of getting a lady bug underneath my naval...I love ladybugs.. My kitchen is filled with lady bug knic nac's..

deanne I'm doing ok... how are you doing...???

chubbyvixen
04-04-2005, 04:25 PM
Karen...I think the tattoo idea is great!

Im doing ok today...Nic chipped his tooth earlier and is in alot of pain. He still managed to go to work on painkillers. Poor thing. He's probably drooling. Hehe.

Diet is ok...from all of my overeating last week, I gained weight. Minor setback. Motivation to get back on track. We went grocery shopping today and bought about a weeks worth of Lean Cuisines. They're so easy when I feel like I just want to order in. Thats when I end up bingeing. When I feel like I have to have something right then and there. Thank goodness for Lean Cuisine. I also loaded up on rice cakes. They're another great thing. They fill me up when Im craving junk food. They were out of the Apples & cinnamon. Damn.

Anyway, Im trying to load some pictures on the computer. I might be in later.

Love,
Deanne

marie.
04-04-2005, 04:56 PM
Go Karen! woot!

o2bskinny
04-04-2005, 05:57 PM
Ok, I am still excited over my weight loss this week. I went and helped the hubby paint and it was hot over there. I was sweating! That had to burn some calories. I just finished some soup and am eating a SF fudgesicle. YUM.

As far as my shape goes, I am probably an apple. I am round. mostly in the middle. I have Native American Indian in me and my moms doctor told her that they usually have bigger stomachs........aren't I lucky? I too will never have the flat tummy, but that is ok.

Off to drink some more water.
Kim

o2bskinny
04-04-2005, 06:24 PM
Oh! Lynn, is that you on your avatar?
Kim

PURPLEPANSY
04-04-2005, 07:04 PM
moi... 30 pounds ago... :(.. will get there again.. I nose it..

PURPLEPANSY
04-04-2005, 07:05 PM
I made some vegi soup for dinner.. blah!! It is gross... but.. I'm scarving it down...
want some?? LOL

goddesskde
04-04-2005, 07:09 PM
Ok, I give, how does veggie soup taste yucky?

PURPLEPANSY
04-04-2005, 07:13 PM
like gross mush.. LOL...

goddesskde
04-04-2005, 07:14 PM
Ohhhh ok, its just over cooked. lol you could always puree it up and make a veggie shake out of it

PURPLEPANSY
04-04-2005, 07:17 PM
yuck...
I'm in the chat room if anyone is interested... it is 6 18pm... eastern time.. :)

chubbyvixen
04-04-2005, 08:25 PM
Kim---congrats on your weight loss!!

Lynn---I went into the chat room...you werent there!! Im so mad at you :)

JennM
04-04-2005, 08:38 PM
Ah ha! I am such a nut I wanted to post and I went all over trying to figure it out...well All I had to do was scroll down...unhuh im not the sharpest tool in the shed lol and I'm hungry! I wish my tummy would shrink! I totally blew it Saturday but have been doing much better these past 2 days. I usually cheat 1 a week which is so bad! LOL

o2bskinny
04-04-2005, 09:09 PM
Lynn, WOW! I thought you got that picture off the internet somewhere! That is awesome! I have some of myself from about 10 years ago that I wouldn't mind looking like again. You are gorgeous!

Jenn- hang in there. Don't be so hard on yourself. I have lost weight many times before and I always allowed 1 day to cheat a week (I can't now on the SBD, but I would too!). You can do it.

Deanne - thanks for the congrats on my 5 pound loss! I am still really excited and more determined than ever.

Gotta go eat! I made some SBD friendly chili tonight. It is warm here, but I just wanted something besides chicken!!!!!!!!!

Kim

PURPLEPANSY
04-04-2005, 11:10 PM
hiya goddnes...<< blushing>>> thanx... thanx... I don't feel so gorgeous at the moment...I was in the 160's in 2002... blew it and gained!! great talking to ya in the chat room!
Deanne~~ I'm soooooooooooo sry that I missed ya in the chat!! yikes... Don't be mad at me....:(...I ate that vegi soup.... yuck.... LOL

PURPLEPANSY
04-04-2005, 11:17 PM
Here I am today with my large hiney and tubby flubby tummy :lol: I hope this pic isn't too blurry...

PURPLEPANSY
04-04-2005, 11:27 PM
Here is our home, it took us three years to build..

o2bskinny
04-05-2005, 12:13 AM
Lynn, I would send a pic of me, but I won't let anyone take a picture! I usually do all the videos in our family too. I guess if something happens to me, they will at least hear my voice on the video! :lol: Nice house! How large is it? It looks huge!

Kim

PURPLEPANSY
04-05-2005, 12:23 AM
hi THERE, I know about the pic thing. I hate them. I do all the video also and all the picture taking. All of my pic's are mostly taken from the studio I work for. If it wasn't for dance pic's I wouldn't have any.
The house is 4500 sq, with five bedrooms on ten acres in upstate NY. It is pretty isolated, but a mile down the road is a major street with lots of shopping, schools and stores. It is prime location. We bought the property in 1995 when land was dirt cheap here. We started building in '98 and moved in '01. In a short time the area has really boomed, less then a mile from my home they are building a new wendy's, just what I need!!! I love their chili!!!
I'm off to slumberland, I have to get up real early tomorrow.
night night all

Kery
04-05-2005, 04:35 AM
Good morning Vixens!

I meant to post yesterday, but after work, cardio-training and chopping down branches in my garden, I just collapsed in front of the TV before going to bed, and didn't even check any forum.

Going to grab a few things here and there from the posts...

Lynn - As yo uwere asking about body shapes, I'm clearly a pear. I have some fat on the stomach, that is, but clearly more on the hips, thighs and bottom, so I assume it's pear. I can see it as I lose weight, too, the clothing size for my upper body is almost down to something "normal", but the bottom part is harder to trim down :lol: My boobies are going away slowly as well, unfortunately. Tough... :(

Karen - I've been thinking the same, getting a tattoo later on, perhaps a nice kanji if I can find a word that both means and looks well. Navel piercing, I'm not sure, I'm not at ease in fact with the concept itself (my sister had had two and each time she got ugly infections, so, ugh, not very thrilled to try this).

Kim- Congrats on the loss! :)

By the way - would anyone here know where I could find a good conversion tool for US/Euro clothing sizes (and especially French)? It's pretty hard for me to figure out what everyone means by "size 8", "size 16" etc... Sorry for asking this, but I really haven't found anything, or when I found it, it was just as cryptic (as in, giving sizes for dresses but not for tops and pants... and the dresses sizes seemed different... I was pretty confused).

PURPLEPANSY
04-05-2005, 08:13 AM
Hi Kery,
I have no idea what the euro/us size difference is. I'm a 14/16. I could only assume that euro sizes run smaller? I'm confused as well.

I think having a pear shape is healthier. Weight carried in the stomach can lead to heart problems and diabetes. I carry it major league in the tummy area.. I have a frumpy, dimply, tummy. Yuck. I know it will never be flat again, but I can be at a healthy weight, and who knows maybe i'll have the nerve to have a tummy tuck!

Happy tues all
LYNN~~

Kery
04-05-2005, 09:41 AM
Lynn - I've read this as well, regarding carrying weight in the stomach. I've never really understood, though, if it's having the weight there that meant growing these health problems, OR if the weight was getting there because of being at risk for these problems. Well, in any case, I hope that you can shed this off, even if it's not totally flat again, it will always be a good thing to have less weight there :)

I'm really so confused regarding the sizes. Here we tend to range from 34 to 52 (34 being for petite, very lean women, and 52 being the "limit" after which it gets pretty hard to find clothes in catalogues - although I've found some 50 in certain city stores). I know that for my upper body, for instance, I'm down to 38/40, depending on the clothes, fabric and manufacturer. I think the current "norm" is 38, but given my height (5'1), I don't even know if this is normal for me, perhaps I need to get down to a 36. Argh. It's so frustrating, though, not being able to "compare". Like when people post "yay I'm down to a size 8", I just have no idea of what they've accomplished; of course I can congratulate them, but, well, I still have no idea *lol*

Perhaps I should simply go with comparing the measurements. Conveting inches and centimeters would probably be easier. It'll just be a hassle to build my own charts, haha. :p

o2bskinny
04-05-2005, 12:16 PM
Kery, I wish I could find something to help you compare sizes. I haven't got a clue. Surely there is something out there though. I will keep looking.

Kim and I went for our walk today. It is a gorgeous day to walk here. How is the weather everywhere else? Sunny Spring days make me sneeze, but they sure do motivate me.

How is everyone doing drinking their water? I am having a hard time, but I am going to try extra hard to do better.

Be back later!
:wave:

goddesskde
04-05-2005, 12:42 PM
Kery, I lived in Germany for 4 years and i could never figure out the sizes. I'd just start somewhere in the middle and work my way either up or down until I found something that fit so I'm pretty useless with converting sizes. LOL **** I have issues finding clothes here.. the sizes are so not uniform that you wear an 8 in one brand and a 12 in another.. arrrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhh maybe we should just do measurments..it would make it so much easier

chubbyvixen
04-05-2005, 12:44 PM
Kery...most of the stores that I shop at have the Euro and U.S. sizes on the tag. Iwent through my "fat" clothes and found this...My pants that are a size 14 in U.S. sizes converts to a 46 in Euro sizes. With that, you should be able to get a general idea. I would assume that 44 is a 12 in U.S., 42 is a 10, 40 is an 8, 38 is a 6, 36 is a 4, 34 is a 2, and girls excuse me for saying this...32 is a 0*gulp*

Hope this helps Kery :)

Love,
Deanne

krngallo
04-05-2005, 03:53 PM
Hi vixens...

I have been busy with school, work, kids, etc...so I haven't had much free time. And last night I was just plain pooped out and fell asleep early (a rarity for this night owl!). I just wanted to say hi...hopefully I will get time to check back in later. Until then have a happy healthy day.

BTW, Lynn--Wendys chili is actually not too bad for you! I know a small chili is 4 WW points, and a large is 6 pts. And pretty filling too! Better then cookies anytime! Ha! I eat the chili for lunch quite often as there is one across the street from my office. Not too bad! And your house is beautiful!

Kery
04-05-2005, 05:14 PM
Haha, I see that we're all confused with the sizes, at least I'm not alone ;)

Deanne - Thanks a lot, this actually sounds like something logical to compare said sizes. I'm not sure that the "Euro" one is exactly similar to the French one (oh yeah, did I mention that we *also* have differences depending on whether it's in France, Germany, UK etc? :D), but a FR/Euro chart is easier to find here than a EUro/US one, and I should be able to find this more easily. Thanks :)

Size 0, this does exist? Wow, who can squeeze into that? ;)

PURPLEPANSY
04-05-2005, 05:25 PM
size 0?? my daughter... she is a 0 or a size 1, sometimes a 3, depending on the brand. She is 5'0 100 pounds.. disgusting isn't it.. and she eats like a horse!!

Karen~~ chili 6 pts? wow... I love their chili! Thanx for mentioning the house... I hate to clean it thou... I will be here when I'm old and gray and my grandchildren have grandchildren.

Talking about clothing and sizes... they opened a Torrid plus size clothing store in the mall near me. I love their clothes. I like them better than other stores!! now now i'm not saying that doesn't give me the right not to lose weight, right? I love ann taylor the loft and hope to be in their stores soon...catch all latah..
LYNN~

PURPLEPANSY
04-05-2005, 05:26 PM
btw, how many pts in a cup of red grapes????

goddesskde
04-05-2005, 06:08 PM
My daughter is a size 00 if you can belive that. She's 5'2 and all of 85lbs soaking wet. Finding jeans is such a PAIN!!!

chubbyvixen
04-05-2005, 06:48 PM
Hey girls!! I have decided to try something different. Nic is working night shifts. He leaves for work at 8pm and gets home at about 6am. Now, when I get on his schedule and we wake up in the evening, it makes me want dinner rather than breakfast. So, Ill eat dinner and then end up overeating throughout the night. So, I decided to have my dinner when I wake up in the evening. Then, have my "lunch" about 4-5 hours later(with a light snack in between meals). Then, have breakfast with Nic when he gets home at 6am. I know this is backwards. I just think that it will work. I tried it tonight and so far so good. I will have a light breakfast when Nic gets home. I have heard that not eating heavy before you sleep is better for you anyway. So, having a large meal when I do get up will hopefully give me more energy throughout my day. Is this confusing?? Do you think it will be ok to do this?? I will still be at 22 points.

Anyway, I finally let the hedgehog go. I felt so bad that he had been in a cage. If he was bought from a pet store, that would be different. They are raised in cages. This one wasnt. So, Nic took him back to where he was found because he probably has a little home there. Im still hoping for my rabbit :)

Oh I tried a great frozen dinner tonight. It wasnt a healthy one. It was 9 points but I still have plenty left for the rest of my meals. It was a Stouffer's Rigatoni noodles with pesto sauce and roasted white meat chicken. Im a pesto freak. I have mastered the art of making it. This meal had very good pesto!! I added some tomatoes to it. Yummy.

Karen- How are things going with the diet??

Lynn- Im going to go to the WW site and find out how many points they are. Ill be right back. By the way, I added you to my aol buddy list.

Love,
Deanne

PURPLEPANSY
04-05-2005, 11:17 PM
Hi deanne,
Thanx for adding me to your list I'll do the same.. you can reach me also on itzmontana, that is my other sn.
I worked 12 hour night shifts for 8 years. I know exactly what you are doing and it worked great for me. I lost 45 pounds. I think it is great you are on the same schedule as nic, this way you can spend time together. It does get hard staying up all night only to sleep in the day time. Your sense of time gets thrown off. Is nic doing this for good? or does he schedule change again???
I found out tonight that a good friend of heather's has been drinking, she is 15 ( so is heather). I asked heather about it and she knew about it. Heather states she has never touch a drop of booze and doesn't have the desire to. Apparantly these kids are drinking mikes hard lemonade, it throws off the parents as it looks like regular lemonade. This kid is a good kid!! Plays softball, cheerleading and is a great student.I'm so shocked by this!! Now do I tell the parent?????? I feel like i'm in a very bad position. Heather said this girl has gotten mixed with a bad group of girls and they dare each other to do things. We live in a very small town and I know eventually this mom will find out, but I don't want to be the one to tell her! I'll have to sleep on it..
good night..

o2bskinny
04-06-2005, 01:49 AM
Deanne, AWE! I am sure Brillo is happier with his regained freedom. You were probably right in doing so. I know the cat is missing him! Here is hoping that you will get a cadberry bunny. I think it is great that you are getting on the same schedule as the hubby. I hope it works out for you!

Lynn! You will make the right decision. I have a 13 year old son (will be 14 in July) and I am so not looking forward to this. Personally, If it were my child, I would hope that another parent would let me know. Actually, I would be upset if I found out another parent knew and didn't tell me. Tough place to be in though. I don't envy you. I know my time is coming! UGH! :fr:

I have guzzled all the water I can stand for the day. I am sure I will be up all night peeing! :dizzy:

Gotta go get some zzzzzzzzzz's. I am keeping the other kims (goddesskim) little one tomorrow. Can't keep up without rest! That is for sure!

PURPLEPANSY
04-06-2005, 10:26 AM
Good morning vixens,
Deanne, you did the right thing with brillo, I know it is hard, but you knew deep down that he needed to be free. That is the most unselfish act!

I'm going to tell the parent about this kid's drinking. I think I'm going to stop Heather from going to all these house parties for awhile.She can go to the movies, mall and have kids here as I know what they are doing. I'm so shocked at some of these parents who think... " well my kid is home, so what if they have a wine cooler"
We have a very open household here. We talk about everything, Jim and I try to allow the kids to make most of their descions, we feel they will best learn by them if they experience them. I'm so appauled by some parent's attitudes. Alot of the kids that my daughter is friends with, I thought we were on same page as the parents, come to find out these parents are way to free. Your child isn't your friend!! They need guidence.

The weather is warm and sunny here.. warm I mean 60 degrees that is a heat wave for upstate NY this time of year...
post latah..

SoccerGirl
04-06-2005, 11:22 AM
It's good to see everyone's weight loss tickers going down. It's so inspiring!

This morning I was at the 30 pounds lost mark and I was so excited but then I started thinking about a friend of mine who lost 30 pounds two years ago and she gained it all back. It makes me nervous.

I guess you can't get too cocky about it and start thinking you can treat yourself to a little more because I'm thinking a little more become a little more again and again. How else do you get back to gaining 30 pounds?

This is new to me so if someone here has lost a lot of weight and gained it back could share their struggle it would help.

Thanks!

PURPLEPANSY
04-06-2005, 12:04 PM
Hiya soccer,
I think it is harder to maintain then to lose. Losing, you stick with the plan and slowly it comes off. To maintain, what are the proper calories?Is there a plan to maintain? The weight loss plan usually goes out the window and we don't know what to do for maintance.

I maintained a large weight loss for years by exercising. I ate very healthy and ate what I wanted ( like pizza) once a week. Then my life changed and the stressors were so overwhelming that I just didn't care. I also suffer depression and with that the gain came on quickly.
I have learned that we are all human and we can't say "I'll never eat this or that". We will and we have to stop feeling guility about it. Even if the loss is slow, it is still a loss.
My good friend needed to lose a 100 pounds. She knew if she dieted she would go off and that would be it. She ate healthy and ate about 1800 calories with a loss of a pound a week. She slowly lowered her calories to 1450 and still lost about a pound a week. It took her two years and she is 100 pounds lighter. She tells everyone she never dieted, she just choose better choices. Now she eats about 1900 calories a day and maintains. What she did makes sense, but I am always looking for the 'quick fix'. I want five pounds off in a week. I know this is unrealistic but I WANT it!
I love your quote in your siggy, small victories matter too.. you betcha!. To see the face of my friend getting on a roller coaster is priceless. Taking her daughter to the movies and fitting comfortably in a seat made me want to cry. Small victories lead to large ones, one baby step atta time.....

jessicamt
04-06-2005, 03:42 PM
Whoa, this has grown. I hadnt been on in a couple of days and we have a whole new thread, thats great. Well i weighed in on monday and lost 4 pounds, i was so excited. Now if i can just keep it up i will be at my goal in no time. Well hope everyone is doing well. Deanne, that hedgehog is cute, lol kind of makes you laugh. Well talk to everyone soon.

Jessica

chubbyvixen
04-06-2005, 04:05 PM
Hey chickas...

Lynn- Everything that you say is so inspiring for me!! I have been up and down the past 2 weeks and its driving me crazy! As soon as I feel that Im back on track, I seem to get off of it. I eat so well during the day and then at night...thats out the window. I need more willpower!!

Soccer- 30 lbs...thats awesome! Are there any tips that you can give to us?

Jessica- Congrats on losing 4lbs! The hedgehog was very cute. I just felt too bad having him in a cage. :)

Anyway, today I did great! Then, tonight I wasnt even hungry and ate french fries and chicken!! What is the deal? I eat out of boredom. So, I am building a website. Its something I have never done. I wanted something that I could channel that hunger into. Go to the pc instead of the fridge. The website is going to be mainly about losing weight. I will put a weekly journal on it after my Weekly weigh ins. Im also going to add all of my pictures to it. Its faster to upload them to the site than to the photo site that i have them on. Anyway, when Im finished, ill give y'all the link.

So, funny story. Back in september, I wrote a letter to a military newspaper. I was so mad that they had put on the front cover a small article about a beheading in Iraq and then a huge article about the Emmy awards. I really never thought that it would be published. Anyway, my dad sends this email to me saying that he had done a search on Ask Jeeves and the letter showed up. I made sure to put my maiden name on it so that Nic wouldnt get any crap at work. The paper has an office here where he knows all of the people there. So, check it out...its the 4th one down. http://www.estripes.com/article.asp?section=125&article=24279&archive=true

Ok, will check in later. I hope you all are doing well.

Love,
Deanne

o2bskinny
04-06-2005, 09:26 PM
Ok, there haven't been many posts today! I hope you are all too busy exercising!! :tread: Kim and I walked this morning between rain showers. The weather here is really nasty.

Lynn- please let us know what the other kids parents say when you talk to them. I hope they believe you and are willing to do something about it. You are right about some parents attitudes. They should act like the parent and not their buddy. They will have tons of friends in their lifetime. Only one true set of parents. Sad, isn't it?

Soccergirl- I have lost and gained also. My problem was going back to my old way of eating. What in the world makes us think that we won't gain it back? There has to be permanent changes. That is my biggest fear too. I am afraid I won't be able to say no to all the stuff that made me fat to begin with. But I also have learned from my mistakes, I hope. Hang in there.You are doing great! I think the fear of gaining it back is what took me so long to try again. I can lose it, but can I keep it off this time? I am going to go back and look at pictures of myself at this weight (even though there aren't many)! That way I always know what I DON'T want to look like again. It is so hard to do. Don't let fear stand in your way though.

Jessica - YEA! That is awesome! I weighed in Monday also and lost 5. Feels so good doesn't it?? Way to go! :dancer:

Deanne- good for you doing the website. That is something great to put some energy into. Loved the article too. That is crazy! What in the world were they thinking? Good for you for speaking your mind!

Well, gotta go find something for dinner.
Later Vixens! :wave:

krngallo
04-07-2005, 03:00 AM
Hi vixens!

I am still here in the background, more or less. I have been super busy at work lately--and the class I am in right now is intense. So I haven't had much time to check-in! Just wanted you all to know I am still around. It's nearly 2am, just finished some homework--now I need to go to bed before another killer day at work. Ugh! Needless to say the stress hasn't been helpful with my eating patterns. That always gets me! And I keep thinking I have to get myself on track--for good. But somedays it is so hard! Help! Tomorrow is a new day!

PURPLEPANSY
04-07-2005, 08:50 AM
aloha vixens :p
deanne~ I'm glad I was aspiring to you. Please please give me the link to your web page.. I'd love to read it.Good for you on speaking your mind. Loved the article and thanx for sharing.
karen~~ stop this stress now!! I know things get so hectic... sigh.. That is the circle of life isn't it?? Good luck in your class.
Kim~~ I will let you know what the parents say. I'm getting up my nerve. I have a new dilema now. Heather is interested in this boy ( boy? he isn't a boy, he is 18) He goes to another school and lives in the next town from us. She told me they met through a friend and have been talking on the phone. I googled his name and got his website ( heather doesn't know). This kid is wild!! He drinks and smokes and apparantly has a few girls interested in him. He has met a girl from the next state over and sees her from time to time. He wrote he was in a bad car accident last year and nearly died. I don't think this guy is for my daughter. Now what? fess up and tell her I found out about him, or simply say no when he comes knocking at my door. The drama never ends... :?:
Hi jessica!!!! :D

write latah vixens...

PURPLEPANSY
04-07-2005, 09:04 AM
vixens, I broke down and went shopping at the new torrid's in the mall
USA
(12 - 28*) USA
(0 - 4) UK / Australia Europe Japan
12 0 12 / 14 38 / 40 9 / 11
14 / 16 1 16 / 18 42 / 44 13 / 15
18 / 20 2 20 / 22 46 / 48 17 / 19
22 / 24 3 24 / 26 50 / 52 21 / 23
26 / 28* 4 28 / 30 54 / 56 25 / 27
*Size 28 in selected styles only.
they had this conversation of sizes, Hope this helps with the confusion
I bough a green dress with a bandana print and a black and white skirt.

http://www.torrid.com/store/product_zoom.asp?zmItem=551264&itmDesc=White%20And%20Black%20Beaded%20Flower%20Pr int%20Skirt

jessicamt
04-07-2005, 11:05 AM
oh man Lynn, your in quite a dilema. I dont think i would let her go and hang out with him. But not really sure what to do in that situation. That skirt is so so cute.

Well i had a good day yesterday, ate good, worked out good. But when i got home, by boyfreind wanted to go to a sports bar. So i ate chicken nachos there :mad: not good. So i was very upset with myself. So today my goal is to not give into temptation and eat what i have planned out for the day. Well hope everyone is having a good day so far. Hey Deanne cant wait to see your website, im sure it will be great.

Jessica

chubbyvixen
04-07-2005, 11:09 AM
Hey girls!

Kim- I talked to my Mom and she said the weather there is awful. She said there was a tornado in Brandon. I worry about her sometimes. There honestly is nothing here weather-wise that threatens us. Except the occasional sand storm in the desert.

Karen- You sound stressed! We're here for you, you know that :)

Lynn- You are so sneaky!! I would be too though. I have no clue what you should do. I don't have kids yet. I what I would want my Mom to do if I were your daughter is to talk to me about it. I just dont know how you should approach it. Im sorry I cant help you more! By the way, I like that skirt.

Ok, Its about 5pm here...just hanging out with Nic before he has to leave for work. So far so good on the diet. I need a favor from y'all. Night time is my temptation for fatty foods. Please...if I get that temptation, Im getting on 3fatchicks. I have my lean cuisine ready. If I can get through tonight, I think i can get back on track 100%. Ok, Im going to take a long bath.

Love
Deanne

thatgirldina
04-07-2005, 12:32 PM
Hello all! Sorry to dissappear on you. Had a bad week last week, and was up 1.2 at WI Monday. YUCK! Just been reading along, but not posting much. I have managed to jump back on the WW wagon and have had a fantastic week so far!

Going back to read more...

backtome
04-07-2005, 01:06 PM
I am going to vent a bit, hope noone minds.....

Am I strong enough to lose weight? Am I strong enough not to eat the cookies in the cookie jar? Am I strong enough to take care of myself?

I don't want to spend another summer embarrassed of myself. I don't want to spend time at the pool watching my children play ---- but not going near the water myself. I don't want to go to another of my dhs work events wondering if he is embarrassed of his fat wife. I don't want to be embarrassed of myself any longer.

Am I strong enough, committed enough to eat the right foods? Am I strong enough to live my life in the present and not keep holding off till I weigh 150, 140, 130? Am I strong enough to be myself now so that I can lose the weight? Sometimes I wonder that I need to embrace the me that I am now to become the me that I want to be.

Thanks for listening.

Lynn --- my sister is going thru something similiar with her 15 year old dd. Mollie likes a guy at her work who is 19, high school drop out, had his car shot up by gang bangers, will be spending a month in jail for reckless driving and to top it off he is an illegal alien. But Mollie is convinced he just needs a 'friend'. What do you do? My sister feels that to completely go to war against the guy is to make this a Romeo and Juliet sitiation, but there is no way they are going to condone it. Teen age girls are so tough to raise.

PURPLEPANSY
04-07-2005, 03:14 PM
Hiya vixens
Deanne.~. we are here for ya girlie!! Just get through tonight... (( sending ya willpower vibes)) I'll be here my time around 9ish.. that would make you 5am... LOL.. hmmm

back to me~I have those same feelings. Do I really have what it takes to lose weight for good this time. Do I have the energy to NOT eat the cookies.. ((( well last week, no infact). This is a constant battle, but in the end we will win the war. Small changes lead to big. Keep the faith.. Thanx for the insight about your sister with her daughter, it is such a hard age, they aren't babies but not yet adults... This too shall pass..

dina~~ howdy vixen.. what is up with you??

Jessica~~ shake off those chicken nachos, today is a new day. It is ok to eat what we want at times, because this is life. As long as we recover and move on.. You can do it.

I am planning an anniversary party for my friends this summer. I am having a blast planning this with other friends of ours. My friend lisa is low key, conservative and shy. I can't wait to see her face when 50 people yell surprise. Her hubby a few weeks ago took her to an "adult shop". It had cutesy stuff, like playing cards, and choclate lolipops shaped like well you know... she was mortified!!
so my inviation starts like this ( of course I can't send this to family only close friends )
Come celebrate the anniversary of Lisa and Fred
a rumor is going around their sex life is dead
Fred took Lisa to 'Giggles' to buy her a toy
Lisa said to Fred, "My what a dirty boy"
I'm still working on the rest...
I think she is going to kill me.. LOL...

chubbyvixen
04-07-2005, 03:29 PM
Lynn...that is going to be hilarious!!!
Oh, did you send me pictures to my email address?? Someone sent them from a cell phone from sprint. I have no clue who the girl is!

Love,
Deanne

goddesskde
04-07-2005, 03:33 PM
Lynn, as far as your daughter goes I'd steer her to his web site. If you can maybe ask her if she thinks he might have a web site since so many kids do nowadays.. help her to stumble onto it. Maybe it will give her insight into who this kid really is. I know, slippery slope, but its better for her to know now then find out to late. I wouldn't take a stand and say no you absolutely cant go out with him, but I'd definately make it so it would be a chaperoned event lol. If she insists on dating him, then say "fine we'll make it a double date..you and him, me and your dad.." she if she's still into him. I have 4 daughters and I'm trying to come up with ways to torture them as they grow up lol.
Kim

PURPLEPANSY
04-07-2005, 08:28 PM
Hi DEANNE~ No I didn't send you pics... hmmmm now who did???

Thanx Kim.. for the advice I might just have to do that!! good Idea...

PURPLEPANSY
04-08-2005, 10:21 AM
hello???? am I the only one posting.. OMG.. I'm afraid to be alone....

goddesskde
04-08-2005, 10:36 AM
You're not alone.. I'm just slow waking up this morning lol

PURPLEPANSY
04-08-2005, 10:39 AM
picture of hubby's mistress... :lol:

goddesskde
04-08-2005, 10:41 AM
LOL Well at least you know who he's spending his time with...

jessicamt
04-08-2005, 11:00 AM
:D Good Morning to all. Well today is a big day for me, i have a job interview hope i do ok. I have a job but need a better paying, and alittle closer to home. worked out last night. But then ate a bowl of cereal. I need to get rid of my night cravings. Any ideas? well hope everyone has a happy friday!

Jessica

goddesskde
04-08-2005, 11:03 AM
I'm a bit frustrated with my scale over the last few days. I've been eating on plan.. no sugar no bad carbs and it's not moving. I know it's that time of month and thats probably whats holding it up, but still.. its very frustrating to be doing everything right (at least i hope) and get no results... my official weigh in is not until monday so hopefully i'll be over the bloat by then.. arrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhhhhh lol

PURPLEPANSY
04-08-2005, 12:50 PM
hi jessica..
good luck with the job interview.... ((hugz)).. I save some points for night sneaking ( I mean snacking). I've read not to eat after a certain time, but that isn't going to work for me. I have yogart or fruit, a cereal bar, or a choclate fudge pop at night. Sometimes I make a bag of jiffy pop 94% fat free popcorn and eat the whole bag!!

kim~~could be water weight, I can gain three pounds by just eating salty foods even if i'm on plan. Don't sweat it, do what you are doing. Don't weigh yourself till after aunt flow comes. This way you won't be disappointed.

I have to drive an hour to the doctor for Heather, she goes to a specialist for pediatric urology. She has interstital cystitis with a spastic bladder muscle. She is doing biofeed back there for relaxation as she has constant burning. She has six sessions for the next six weeks. The traveling there is not fun, it is on a windy small parkway. By the time I get there my nail marks are indented in the steering wheel.

Tonight is our annual monthly pokeno game. The excitment of my month. We play with 12 girls and each of us takes a month and host's. We buy a 10 dollar gift wrapped and we play for gifts. It is soo much fun, alil food, alil wine... usually I over eat at these games. Tonight I'm bringing popcorn for the hostess to pop for me and at dessert ill bring blueberries and strawberries.
Have a great friday vixens..
stay healthy
LYNN~~

o2bskinny
04-08-2005, 01:04 PM
Hi Everyone! Kim and I just got back from our walk. It is a bit cool and very cloudy here. I wish the sun would come out! I have not been drinking as much water as I need to. I am really going to try to do better today. UGH! I hate water.

Jessica, I wish you the best of luck with the interview. Night time snacking for me is the worst. If I would just go to bed and not stay up it would help. I am a night owl though. I can't help it. I have done good though. I guess it is 'boredom' eating.

Lynn, hope Heathers appointment goes well. And the drive too.

Well, we are finishing out an upstairs room and the AC people are here. Better go for now. I hope you are all a bunch of 'losers' today!

PURPLEPANSY
04-08-2005, 06:48 PM
Total pts for the day 25
water four glasses
no exercise~

chubbyvixen
04-08-2005, 07:15 PM
Hey chicks...Sorry I havent been posting too much lately. Ive just been feeling UGH lately. Anyway, Ill post in a little while. I hope everyone is doing great!

Love,
Deanne

krngallo
04-09-2005, 10:44 AM
Hi Vixens~

I guess I have been in Deanne's boat--feeling UGH lately. I have been second guessing my ability to stick with a diet. And boy is that super frustrating. Because in actuality I just have to do it for my health, and the fact that I just can't stand the way I look and feel. It's so BLAH! How to get out of a funk? That is the question. Why does this happen? It's such a cycle. I do really well for a week, maybe 2 or 3. Once I even did really well for 3 months straight. Then I start to feel like a failure when I start taking on the bad habits. And I start to question my own ability to stick with eating healthy. And then I get depressed because I think "WHY DO I DO THIS?" Because the irony is that I always feel really bad when I start to fall off the wagon, and not single day goes by when I forget how much I want to look and feel healthy. In fact I constantly think about it. But at the same time, especially when I get really stressed (which has been a reality lately with too much on my plate) I think impulsively too. For some stupid reason, it feels good to eat some foods at the end of a long day and I am feeling too hungry. And darn it, I know part of the problem is the old pattern of letting myself feel too hungry. Hello, what is wrong with this picture?

So I have to reflect on the good things I have done--not beat myself up. I successfully kept drinking diet soda and all my water. I still went to the gym and joined in my water aerobics class. And yesterday when I think about it, I think I did make several good choices (low fat breakfast, lunch, healthy snack). Dinner crept up on me--and bingo I fell off the wagon with a trip to a chinese buffet w/ the kids. Although, I didn't fill up--and left feeling comfortably full. So that actually wasn't all bad. So I am easing my way back to a good pattern. Because darn it, I am worth it! This really is like a bad drug addiction. I own my problem, but finding the road to recovery in healthy eating is extremely difficult when I need my drug of choice to survive. I can't just toss food out the door. I have to retrain and rethink how I will use it to survive.

So that's the scoop ladies....I needed to get that off my chest. Thanks for listening and letting me vent. I really do love this group, and even when I am not posting I think about y'all. I am glad to see that many of you are doing so well. And even if any of you are stumbling (like me), sometimes I think that is the best time to post--because Lord knows we all need to lean on someone somtimes. And who better to lean on then our gal-pal "Curvy Vixens" who are on a similar journey!

I am going to go freshen up and get ready for a beautiful Spring day--the weather is awesome. I am actually headed to an auction. I love to check out auctions every once in a while--it's like a treasure hunt. And I am all about finding a good treasure!

Hope you are having a healthy and happy day!

chubbyvixen
04-09-2005, 12:20 PM
Hey girls....I wonder if we're all in this "funk". The posts are getting far and few between. Where is everyone??

Karen- Everything that you wrote is everything that I have felt lately. I do great for a while and then bam! Im back where I started. We just really have to get back on track. I seem to do really well during the day. Then, I stay up late at night and eat. Then, the next day I feel terrible. Lets do something about this!!

To everyone else, I miss y'all. Its weird not getting on here and reading about everyones day.

Love,
Deanne

goddesskde
04-09-2005, 12:35 PM
I know, I was wondering where everyone has been lately. I actually had to work for 2 days for an apparently insane person so I've been a bit stressed out myself. I did manage not to let it get to me so much that i broke my diet. I'm still kicking my scale instead of getting onto it. I'm praying that by the next weigh in I'll be down at least a little. I've worked so hard sticking to the strict phase of this diet I'd be so disappointed to not get some tangeable results. I know that it's just been that time of month, but still, why does it have to wreak so much havoc on our bodies?? My 12 year old handles her period better than i do lol.. sad isnt it.. Anyway I know how you all feel with your funk. I've lived thru it for most of my life and all i can say is just ride it out ladies it will get better. If you can keep your head above water and just keep doing your daily activities (i know sometimes you have to make yourself) it will get better. The funk will pass and you will feel better about yourself and your decisions. I know its hard, but I know you are all strong women and you can do it.. **** if i can do it anyone can lol..
Well I hope everyone has a fabulous day..

PURPLEPANSY
04-09-2005, 12:50 PM
:grouphug: ((HUGZ DEANNE AND KAREN)
I wish I had the answers. If only we could bottle up willpower and sprinkle it on when are willpower starts waning.I went 8 months of totally commiting myself to my plan and shed the weight I wanted. I was so amazed at myself, better yet, hubby couldn't beleive it. This was a girl who went straight to the dessert menu :cookie: for a main meal and ordered grilled cheese with chili fries for dessert :cbg: . I ate mountains of food. I was active, was going to nursing school, danced and was in a hiking club, but eating like that sooned caught up to me and I was over 200 pounds in a blink of an eye. I found weight watchers and in 8 months was at goal. I maintained this for years by 'watching' what I ate and giving myself a day off. My 'day offs' became DAY'S OFF. Soon I started bingeing, then I didn't care.
All of us are suspectable to over eating and that makes it hard to stay on a plan. If we were alcoholics we could stay away from bars, parties and such, but we have to eat to live~!
I made the mistake of buying weight watchers friendly foods when I started, but they weren't lynn friendly. I can't have lowfat icecream or baked chips, or anything sweet and gooey in the house. I can't control myself~ I once ate 6 skinney cows, I had thought it was 12 pts but when I added it together it was 15, that is insane!! :yikes:
All you can do is wake up and get through breakfast, then lunch, then dinner. Take one meal at a time and then it will be day one, day two, etc. :hun:

I played cards last night and for the first time in a year I was on plan. I ate popcorn and carrots. The hostess made my fave choclate cake and I had notta peice! I felt bad that she went out of her way for me, but I had to stay on track, I knew if I had one peice that would be it, I'd binge.Have a great day all, the sun is out here and I'm going to enjoy it!!

Kery
04-09-2005, 12:56 PM
Hello Vixens :)

Haven't posted much lately myself, although I've been touring the forums regularly. I'm struggling with the weather currently - meaning, it's dark, cold, rainy, and my body is litterally screaming for sugar and hot, filling foods, so the past days have been rather hard. I did well on exercising, but eating-wise, all I can say is *gasp* :( I'm trying to fall back on my feet... it's hard. perhaps it's just one of these phases where I'm fed up with not eating what I was used to eat before, although, even though I want these foods, my body doesn't tolerate them as before. Well, I really don't expect any weight loss by Monday (the day I weigh myself), I'm simply hoping now that I didn't ruin things too much by eating like I did this week :mad:

Karen, Deanne... I guess it was that time of the year or whatever for us to fall in the wrong boat, huh? Let's hold hands and get back on plan together? ;)

On the other hand, I went to the doc this morning, for a general check-up, and we talked of the whole "eating better and exercising" thing, as he had my files previously and could see that I had lost weight in the past three months. This gave me some courage again to go on, it's like it's allowing me to look ahead again and realize that no, all of this is NOT in vain. Really, it's not. I think this is what we need to keep in mind, as hard as it is at times... the purpose is noble and useful, so to say :)

o2bskinny
04-09-2005, 03:04 PM
Ok, well I hate to break the chain here, but I feel great. I have stuck to my walking and diet. I feel like I have lost some more weight. I will find out Monday. I AM going to lose plenty more by summer! I don't care what the heck I have to do!!!!! I simply refuse to puke ever time I put on a bathing suit! And I wear one lots in the summer. We have a pool, we go to the lake almost every weekend. All our family get togethers are at the lake and dang it! I am NOT going to feel like a pig this year!!!!!!!!! I know I won't be at goal, but I will lots less than I am now, and I will feel good about myself. I am thinking about getting a yoga video I have heard about on another thread, and keep walking and doing what I am doing! Even if the scales don't go down this week, I know they will the next. You girls perk up! Come on, I don't want to do this alone. I want to get on here and read how GREAT everyone is doing very soon! It is spring! Summer is coming!!!!!!!!! I am going to go for now, Lots to do. but I will be posting again today or tonight.

PURPLEPANSY
04-09-2005, 03:21 PM
atta girl girl.. I'm with ya girly... this day three for me eating really healthy, veggies, fruits, yogart...
I too won't be at goal this summer, but I will feel and look better then I did last summer..
I"m tired of wearing the skirted bathing suits with foofoo flowers on it.. I want a cute tankini
I have a few goals for myself.
massage at ten pounds
makeover at 30
and a naval peircing at goal
I know we can all do this....

lynn whose noshing on carrots...:)

goddesskde
04-09-2005, 03:59 PM
I'm definately not throwing in the towel.. I'm sure that if my ******ed scale doesnt reflect a loss this week then next week will be a big loss. I just get frustrated over the damn period bloat.. i know i know, it's just water weight, but trust me, when you cant get your darn pants to zip up without having a bulge at the top it gets discouraging lol I'm planning for my goals already too. We're going to see Evita at the end of July and I plan to buy a killer dress for the occasion.. I'll be wearing a much smaller size by then and I can get one that will knock the husbands socks off :D

PURPLEPANSY
04-09-2005, 07:11 PM
ATTA GIRL KIM! Dat's the spirit. This is a life change not a diet!!! remember diet is a FOUR LETTAH WORD!

chubbyvixen
04-10-2005, 02:43 PM
Hey Kim...I am so happy for you girl! Its so great to hear that you're doing so well. It really helps me out...great motivation!

This thread seems to be slowly slipping away...whats wrong with us??

Love,
Deanne

thatgirldina
04-10-2005, 04:24 PM
Hey there Deanne! I'm still here. Just had a busy weekend. I have managed to stay on plan though and am really hoping for a good WI tomorrow night. How about you?

Whew! I DO need to catch up! I kinda got stuck in a little posting funk there for awhile, but I've been lurking.

PURPLEPANSY
04-10-2005, 06:24 PM
((( alone on the thread)))))

goddesskde
04-10-2005, 08:05 PM
My weekend has been packed. We are starting to plant a vegetable garden so we had to pull up the sod, till it and now we're finally to the planting stage.. Ok so the husband did most of the grunt work, but still lol.. poor guy. Then we had 2 ball practices in the midst of all of that.
Everyone needs to start talking again. I cant believe that out of all the women on this board no one has anything to say???? C'mon.. that's impossible. Put a group of women together and they can talk about nothing for hours on end..
Lets go girls.. stay motivated and we can get thru anything

chubbyvixen
04-10-2005, 08:47 PM
Dina- Things are good here. The diet is going just ok. Still trying to get back on track.

Lynn- You're not alone, Im here. Im just looking up some stuff for Nic about jobs. Ugh his company is awful. How are things with you? Your daughters??

GoddessKim- I understand...my husband does all the grunt work too. I "supervise":)

Lets all keep supporting each other!! I cant do it without y'all.

Love,
Deanne

SoccerGirl
04-11-2005, 10:46 AM
I don't get to this thread often enough. The motivation and support found here is wonderful.
I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.
For those who step on the scales on Monday, I hope it went your way! :D

goddesskde
04-11-2005, 11:02 AM
Ok, I didnt have a fabulous week as far as weight loss goes, but I did managed a very respectable 2lbs. I'm gonna chaulk this up to that time of month and keep trucking right along ( i know i shouldnt complain, I didnt gain and any loss is a good loss) I'm debating on staying on phase 1 for an extra week, but I'm not sure yet. I haven't gone grocery shopping yet and i'm doubting I'll get out today because it's raining like crazy out there so I'm at least stuck on phase 1 an extra day lol. I'm allowed to start adding some fruit and other whole grain carbs back in this week, but I dunno.. i dont really miss them that much right now. LOL ****, I might as well wait until i actually want them
Kim and I got rained out this morning so I guess I'm gonna hop on my eliptical trainer and knock out some time on that.
Hope everyone has a fabulous day.. raining or not

jessicamt
04-11-2005, 01:03 PM
Good Morning Ladies, sorry i havent posted much, but i usually dont have time on the weekends. But i need to try, because that is the time i do really bad. I usually eat what i want and i cant seem to stay on track. I was doing really good at first but now ive seem to fallen in a whole. But i am determined to loose this weight and i am not going to let this take over. Tonight is my weigh in im pretty nervious because i kind of know i have gained. But its frustrating i know i have lost alot of inches but not alot of weight. Come on ladies lets get back on track. TOGETHER. i have noticed, that this thread has helped alot. I seem to do really well when i post, thanks to the vixens. :D you ladies are great. Everyone have a super day.

Jessica :cool:

PURPLEPANSY
04-11-2005, 02:25 PM
howdy all
can everyone, post their food plan? I'm having a senior moment and forgot what everyone is doing
I'm doing weight watchers

goddesskde
04-11-2005, 02:27 PM
I'm on the South Beach diet..modified lower carbs for anyone that doesnt know what the plan is. We dont do atkins version of no carbs, but we eat only the good carbs.. veggies and such..

o2bskinny
04-11-2005, 02:29 PM
Ok. I am with Kim. I think I will stay on Phase 1 another week. I am bored with it,but it certainly won't kill me. I don't know how, but it looks like I gained a 1/2 pound. WHAT DID I DO???? :shrug: Anyway, I am not giving up. What is one bad week compared to the rest of my life? We didn't get to walk today either. It is so stormy here. Just nasty!!!!! Anyway, Just wanted to post real quick. I will be back later!

o2bskinny
04-11-2005, 02:31 PM
Oh, I am doing South Beach Diet also. Ditto what goddesskim said!

SoccerGirl
04-11-2005, 02:55 PM
I'm simply counting calories (I eat 1200/day) write down everything I eat. Drink a lot of water (8 servings) and exercise everyday.

jessicamt
04-11-2005, 03:02 PM
I am doing to same as Soccer, counting calories and exercise, with at least 8 glasses of water.

Kery
04-11-2005, 03:10 PM
Hi everyone :) Little post of the early evening, before we get to eat dinner, hehe.

Lynn - I follow Montignac. It's mostly known in France, I suppose, but it doesn't matter, I guess. It's mainly about eating foods with lower glycemic index (50 is the max that is "allowed") and not mixing carbs and lipids (so no pasta+cheese, but pasta+tomato sauce/mushrooms is okay). Not too complex to follow in social meetings either, unless said meetings are full of bad foods, but then any plan would be blown up by these anyway. Oh yeah, and I can lose weight while still being "allowed" to eat pasta and rice (provided they're not made with eggs/processed). All good, all good :lol:

chubbyvixen
04-11-2005, 04:15 PM
Hey chicks! Today was good...stayed on the diet. Not great but still stayed on.
I take Zoloft and it makes me feel like I cant get enough food. So, I stopped that about 2 weeks ago. Now, tomorrow, I will start a new antidepressant called Motival. Its cheaper and isnt supposed to cause weight gain. We'll see. I think that if an antidepressant that causes weight gain sort of defeats the whole purpose. Im going to be even more depressed if I gain anymore weight!!

Anyway, so I've given up getting a rabbit. I went to one of the many pet stores that we frequent and found a new animal. They have a spider monkey!!! We had a baboon when we first got here and we were told it was trained but it wasnt so we got rid of it. I held the spider monkey though. It climbed in my purse. So cute. So, its on my wishlist. My husband wants it too. Its $1,000 though :(

Ok, Im going to eat some fruit. I bought alot of it. Im going to just cut it all up and eat ALL of it...hehe. Its still in my points.

Ill check in later. By the way Lynn, Im on WW Flex plan. Lynn, is everything ok with you lately??

Love,
Deanne

goddesskde
04-11-2005, 04:24 PM
Deanne, didnt you mention being bipolar or was it just depressed?

jessicamt
04-11-2005, 04:26 PM
A spider monkey aww that sounds so cute. Oh man Deanne you've had all sorts of animals. Well i have stayed on my diet today so far. i can do it the rest of the day. The past weekend has made me so tired today. But have to go workout today after this weekend cause i did bad. I also need to catch up on some house work.Well talk to you Chics later.

Jessica

chubbyvixen
04-11-2005, 10:42 PM
Hey girls!!

Kim- Yes, I am bipolar. Oh and I forgot to tell y'all what happened the other day. Nic is working nights. Well, his friends were having a bbq out by the pool and invited me since Nic had to work. So, I went out there. This jerk stands up in front of everyone to tell me hi. He grabbed my side and tried to pull me down on his lap. Then, he says"oh wait, you're bipolar, you might kick my a$$". I really dont think i have ever been that embarressed!! It was awful. So, I just said "whether Im bipolar or not, I could still kick your a$$ so sit down".

Anyway, Jessica...good for you staying on your diet!!! I think I did pretty well today too. Just have to keep going :)

Love,
Deanne

goddesskde
04-11-2005, 11:13 PM
Now forgive me if I'm wrong, but i thought that if you were bipolar you couldnt take antidepressants. They tend to trigger manic episodes .. unless there is a new batch of them that are safe.. Dunno, just thought i would ask. And don't be embarrassed over that ***.. whether you are bipolar or pmsing your mental health isn't anyones business. You are who you are.. remember God doesn't make mistakes

o2bskinny
04-12-2005, 12:50 AM
Deanne, so you got a spider monkey? I am going to have to look that up. I know I have seen them at the zoo, but I don't remember what they look like. You really are an animal lover!
Oh yea, good for you stickin up for yourself. Was the jerk someone you know? What an a-hole :s: .

Ok, back on track for me tomorrow. I am going now to ride my stationary bike before bed.

goddesskde
04-12-2005, 12:19 PM
Ok ladies, i had to go to the second page of the thread list to find this! We are seriously lacking on posts lately! Everyone get motivated and start typing. I know its spring and there is tons of stuff that needs done, but lets not forget about our commitments to losing weight. This thread is very helpful to provide support that we might not get elsewhere. So lets get back into the swing of things.. for everyone that's struggling its ok, we all have set backs. We just have to get up dust off the powdered sugar (from that awful donut that snuck up and jumped into our mouthes) and decide to try again. It's when you dont that you actually fail. We're all gonna have times that temptation gets the best of us and that's ok. If we didnt, we wouldnt be human.
I wanna hear from some people!!!!

jessicamt
04-12-2005, 12:28 PM
I know i need to get back in the swing of things. This past week wasnt a good one. But i want to be able to loose ten pounds by may 15th. That shouldnt be a problem. ITs a whole month to loose it. So lets get back in it. I have lost alot of inches but only 6 pounds which feels great because my clothes fit better but i just wish it would show on the scale. I really need to get back in being serious about this. Spring should make it more encouraging to loose weight because of the weather, then next thing you know its gonna be summer.So come on ladies, LETS DO IT. I need your help though, as some may need mine. Love you Vixens. ;) Thanks kim for those encouraging words also.

Jessica

goddesskde
04-12-2005, 12:38 PM
Yaaaahhhhoooooooooooooo Jessica.. congrats on your loss.. inches are in fact better than pounds on the scale. It motivates me more to have my clothes fit better or looser than to see numbers on the scale and my clothes fitting the same. Keep going and those numbers will come down.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chubbyvixen
04-12-2005, 02:47 PM
Hey chickas...

Goddesskim-You're right about the antidepressants. Most bipolar people take a combination of an AD and a mood stabalizer. Some anti epileptic medicines are used for mood stabalizers. This is what I do. Its a matter of finding the right "cocktail". I wish I didnt have to take them at all. When you're trying to find the right medicines, you have to take so many different ones. Which is what caused my weight gain in the first place. Also, you're right. We all need to post when we can. Everyone needs the encouragement.

Kim- We didnt get the spider monkey. I wish :) I did take Nic to look at it today and he loved it. Its just wayyyy too expensive for us. We're trying to plan our first anniversery so we need to save money for that.

Jessica- Ugh its already summer here. If it were spring, I could say that I still have time to lose weight before summer. I wouldnt be caught dead in a bathing suit right now. Thats motivation enough for me. Just to be able to go lay out at the beach:)

I just woke up...its almost 9pm here. Im on this weird schedule with Nic. I had some green tea and 2 rice cakes for breakfast. I was just not that hungry for some reason. Which is not a bad thing. I tried something new yesterday. I made some warm green tea and then put a slice of a green apple in it. It was so good! It added a sweet & sour taste to it.
I'm going to be working on this website and adding all of my pictures to it tonight. I will give y'all the link later. If their are any pictures that y'all have, I'd love to see them. Its nice to have a face to the screenname :)

Love,
Deanne

o2bskinny
04-12-2005, 03:25 PM
Ok, I have done great today! I walked with Kim, and have been cleaning house. I have worked up a sweat! I am working on a bottle of water right now.

Deanne, so what are you going to do for your first anniversary? Hope it is something special!

You are right Jessica, before we know it, it will be summer and we will all be pissed off at ourselves if we don't lose some weight by then. I KNOW I will be mad at myself! So....here is to all you curvy vixens! Here's to all of us! :cheers:

Gotta run for now!

o2bskinny
04-12-2005, 03:26 PM
I wonder if we need to start a curvy vixens #3? This thread is getting long.

jessicamt
04-12-2005, 03:37 PM
mMmMmMMmmM, i just had subway, it was so good. I really wanted some soup from there but they didnt have any. I was just talking to my boss and she went to the country music awards lastnight, i was so jealous. But she was telling us about it. I really need to get out and tan. I think i may get a membership this weekend. My legs are just really pale. I think once i start getting some color on me i may want to show it off and dont wanna show off just fatt, so good thing my legs are trying to shape up. Well hope everyones day is going good so far. Hey Deanne cant wait to see your website, i bet it will be great. Hmm Kim this thread is getting kind of long. :( I still want some soup, hmm maybe for dinner. Have a wonderful day "losers."

one of many curvy vixens,

goddesskde
04-12-2005, 03:44 PM
Deanne,
my first anniversary i spent VERY pregnant and mostly alone so anything you do will be better than mine lol. My hubby was in the army (out in the field) and I was due with our oldest daughter the next month. They did let him come in for a "shower run" for a couple of hours, but most of the time i spent by myself with some cookies and the tv remote since i was on bed rest anyway.. lol we're goine to celebrate our 14th anniversary this summer.. we actually get to go out now.. we've come a long way baby lol

jessicamt
04-12-2005, 03:53 PM
Wow 14 years, thats cool Kim. So do you all have any plans for yours this summer Kim. Me and my boyfreind have been living together for about 2 years. I would love to get married but i am not sure if he is ready. Although us living together we are pretty much married. One of our freinds just had her baby couple of days ago. As much as i love kids, i am having enough trouble with my puppy, but one day.

Jessica

goddesskde
04-12-2005, 03:59 PM
We're trying to make plans, but with vacations, ball games and work it's getting difficult. We'll manage to get something together though. We got married young.. very young.. we were both 19. It's a miracle that it worked out so well, but then again we've both to stubborn to call it quits. We have 4 daughters that keep us on out toes.. AHHHH domestic life lol..
Deanne give me your email address and I'll send you some pictures.. i would post them here, but gosh they require them to be so small...

goddesskde
04-12-2005, 04:12 PM
ok all of my pictures are bigger than they allow on here :(

PURPLEPANSY
04-12-2005, 08:52 PM
hello and happy tues vixens..(wed for deanne and kery)
I had a terrible day today, too much going on, my daughter is up at school and is very sick, I'm thinking strep, I told her to go to the campus health center.. but she won't.. she is like me.. pigged headed...
Deanne happy almost first year anniversary!! that is awesome. Jim and I got married very young too, I was 20, I'm amazed at myself that it has lasted for 21 years. Although we have our ups and downs, we are soul mates and meant to be together, I was 22 when I had Jamie. I'm sorry you didn't get the spider monkey :(....

I binged today, it was stress, purely stress. What makes it worse, is I went to an OA meeting with a friend last night. She told she really needed to go and asked me to go, I figured I needed it prolly as much as she did.
I cried. I listen to the stories and I cried, this is me I thought. Everything these people are saying is me! I was so moved by everyones experiences I spoke myself. I thought my friend would fall off her chair. I left feeling great, but had some stress at home waiting for me and I ate, then I ate all day today. I feel ill. I am so sick of dealing with my food issues. I'm on zoloft also and I feel that I have gained because of it. I'm trying to wean off but it has been hard.

My trip to Hawaii was almost cancelled today. I have a knot in my stomach right now about it.It is a long long story.. but in the short of it... we have a delta sky miles credit card that we have points on and this was paying our way to hawaii. Hubby called in feb to secure the flights, what he didn't know was you had to call another 800 number with the confirmation number they gave you to 'ticket' the account and get the tickets. He didn't do that process, he just got the confirmation number and thought we were set. My travel agent called to book our seats and delta said they had no one booked for that flight under our name and that the flight was booked. she called my cell phone in a panic!! I called hubby and said you have the info right?? he said I gave all the info to you.... well... giving things to me, means they are lost. It took me a half hour to find the info. I called delta and spent an hour talking in circles to animated voices till I finally got an operator. She put me on hold and after 20 mins I secured our seats... what a sign of relief...........

My younger daughter is going on her first date this weekend. I'm thrilled for her and not thrilled. I sorta know the kid, he actually took Jamie's friend to the prom last year. He is almost 18 and heather is 15 going to be 16 next month. I figure, he can't be as bad as that kid she's been talking to who has the web page!

I'm going back on plan tomorrow, very strict, I can't even weigh myself tomorrow as I i'll be ill. Why do I do this to myself??? I am my own worst enemy.

PURPLEPANSY
04-12-2005, 08:54 PM
jessica, my friend jeanne and I are going thurs to get that mystic tan. Have you heard of it? It is a sprayed on tan. Most tanning places have it.

goddesskde
04-12-2005, 09:26 PM
I dont really tan during the summer.. Its a vicious cycle of burning and peeling.. the joys of being pale pale pale lol
Lynn, just pick yourself up and start over again. There is no reason to beat yourself up over mistakes. We all make them we just have to learn something from them.
I was on zoloft for while. I didn't notice a weight gain, but then again i was zombied out so I didn't notice much at that point. I've run the gammut on antidepressants, but have settled on living without them. I've found that I can manage quite nicely on my own. There was a point in my life that I HAD to have them. But i'm more settled in my life and happier than I have ever been..
Good luck to everyone..

krngallo
04-13-2005, 12:00 AM
Hey vixens!

Sorry for my temporary absence...like I mentioned before I am in the middle of a class (actually its a class on web design) and work with all the other stuff going on. It sounds like many of us hit a funk--but am glad to hear that some of us stuck with it and are still here to motivate us! Go GoddessKim! That's great!

I have to be honest and admit that I have been stress eating--but after reading all the posts and thinking long and hard this evening I realize I have to get myself back on track. And I go back to that saying "if you do what you always did you will get what you always got!" And I sure tired of getting this jelly belly, and feeling like crap from the junk. So I have to change my pattern and give it a go again. So here I am! Please push me along! I am joining the race!

Deanne~What kind of program are you using to build your web page? Just curious. I am learning to build in HTML. Fun, fun.

o2bskinny
04-13-2005, 12:17 AM
Lynn, what a relief that you still have your trip!!! I know you were stressed! Glad it worked out! Tomorrow is another day, start over. Don't beat yourself up :rollpin: cause there is nothing you can do about it now.
My hubby was 18 and I was a fresh 15 when we started dating. June 20 will be 18 years :love: . Amazing looking back! I really wasn't supposed to date till 16 but my mom and dad both fell in love with him when they first met him. Anyway, the rest is history. I am not looking forward to the dating thing with my kids. I know I will have to let go, but I don't want to! :cry: Partly cause I know how bad I was. Will they do those things too? OMG! I can't stand the thought!!!!!! :eek:

I have some minutes left from the last year and I think I am going to start going back to the Tanning bed Thursday. I have some Indian in me and I tan really easy. Just gotta get it started. I am pretty white looking right now! :lol:

Ok, I will jump in on the anitdepressant bandwagon here. I am on prozac. It is the serafem form of it, but that is exactly what it is. I didn't know it was doing much good till I tried to get off of it. And geeezzz! :crazy: So I am back on it. It started right after my son was born with PP depression. Then it just went from there. It is amazing how having kids changes your whole body chemistry. I also didn't have allergies till he was born! I was also skinny! OMG! What have I done to myself? ;) You know what? I wouldnt change a thing! Amazing isn't it?

I had Bunko at my house tonight and I did very well. I had tacos for everyone, but I just had the lettuce, some meat, tomato, salsa, and skipped the chips and shells. I also skipped the desert. While everyone was eating their boston creme cake, I went to the kitchen, started cleaning up and had a sugar free fudgesicle. YEA for me!

Well, here is hoping that Wednesday is a superfantastic day for all the curvy vixens! I hope we are all 'losers'!

goddesskde
04-13-2005, 11:10 AM
Well good morning ladies!
I'm having a great day so far. Went out for our walk at 7am.. which is really early for us, but it's great. I'm up showered and ready for my day already. Now i'm just waiting for my 4 yr old to wake up so we can get started with our chores. I hope everone is having a good day. I'll check back in later on

jessicamt
04-13-2005, 11:23 AM
Good Morning Ladies, well i had a good day yesterday, worked out, did 40 minutes of cardio. I usually only do like 20 minutes so i was pretty proud of myself.
hey Lynn dont get too down on yourself. I had a pretty bad weekend, but talking to the ladies on here, got my spirit back up and back on track. You can do it, you just have to make sure you know you are worth it, and just keep it going and pick up from where you left off. I am so glad everything worked out for your Hawaii trip, i am so jealous, i bet your going to have the best time.
I know alot of us here lately have resorted to stress eating. I know the hardest thing for me to do is to recognize that i am stress eating. Because i can start doing it and not even realize that i am just doing this just to do it, not becuase i am actually hungry. So i really have to concentrate and listen to myself to know when i am stressing about something, and do something else instead, like take a long bath, paint my toes, take Mojo (my puppy) a bath or just sit outside with him. I am trying to just replace that feeling of eating with something else.
We all just have to remember how good we feel when we do good and try to remember that as much as we can.
Good Job Kim, you are doing great. yesterday i did really good, but today we are having a pot luck here at lunch, but i brought some fat free cream cheese and hot sauce dip, and another freind brought some beans i can eat, so i think i will do good. Ever since the time change i have been pretty messed up with waking up on time and going to bed on time, last week was horrible. But i think i am finally back on track. The past couple of days i have been feeling great. That is really my ultimate goal, just to feel great as much as i can physically and mentally.
Well hope to talk to you soon ladies. Have a wonderful Tuesday.

chubbyvixen
04-13-2005, 12:23 PM
Hey chickas!

Kim- Not sure yet on the anniversery. Since we live with other people, we thought about just getting a hotel for a few days and relaxing. Im so jealous that you have someone to walk with!

GoddessKim- 14 years! Thats awesome!! Was the first year hard? Things get really hard with us sometimes. My email address is munozchick@yahoo.com.

Lynn- It was really hard for me to get off of zoloft too. So far, I feel better. I dont feel as much like a zombie. I had to take 75mg per day and that just kicked my butt. I literally felt like I must be drooling if Im this out of it. Have you tried lowering your doseage?

Karen- Its nice to see you back on! Hows the html stuff going? I use a page builder thing on Tripod. Its easy but is very time consuming. How are things with you?

Jessica- You are very encouraging!! Its really helps when I read your posts:)

Ok girls, did ok today. Nic took me to a breakfast buffet and the only bad thing I ate was the potatoes. So, I ate a really low cal lunch. Hopefully, it wont effect me. Other than that, theres nothing new. Nic has training tonight so he has to leave at 7pm rather than 8. I hate it when he goes but its nice to have some peace and quiet too. Ill post later.

Love,
Deanne

goddesskde
04-13-2005, 01:31 PM
Ok, Deanne, i've sent over a few pictures of me. Of course one of them is from halloween lol i dont usually dress like a big fairy lol

PURPLEPANSY
04-13-2005, 03:57 PM
hello vixens!
karen we missed you!
To the kim's great job on the walking..
I went on zoloft in 94 when I started having panic attacks and chronic dizziness that doctors couldn't find the cause. My dose was 50mg. I stopped taking it in 99 and went through six months of **** getting off of it.
In 2003 my anxiety came back and I started counceling which lead my therapist to believe I also had a low grade depression that he believes was causing the panic attacks, not the other way around. I started wellbutrin which was a nightmare, then went back to zoloft. My dose was upped to 75mg and I did well, but I gained alot of weight.
Now i'm weaning and I'm down to 25mg. I've been here for almost a month, next week i'm going to 12.5mg for a month then every other day then every third day and then stop.
I feel a little sick today, burning acidy stomach and I feel nauseus. I think all the cr*p I ate yesterday is doing a job on my stomach. I weighed myself this am and I'm 196, urghhh, I know alot of it is water, but c'on....!! I'm back to eating healthy today....

PURPLEPANSY
04-13-2005, 04:05 PM
Go To Curvy Vixens #3

Universityprincess
04-13-2005, 09:37 PM
Hey ladies,
Sorry for being gone for so long, my computer at home is trying to die on me. AW LAWD, I don't need this right now. I've been doing pretty well on exercise, especiially since I have African dance and Trampoline...my trampoline class is really good exercise. I still go to the gym and lift weights and do cardio. I haven't been keeping up on my water intake as well as I should. My fat intake has increased...along with how much i'm eating, but I wonder if that is forgivable since I am working out so much. Well, I hope you ladies have a GREAT evening.

Mel