Old 03-27-2005, 11:45 AM   #1  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Default Week of ~~March 27~~

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope everyone is having a great Easter weekend. We aren't doing anything special, just dinner with the inlaws. We had an egg hunt at playgroup on Wednesday and are going to have another one next Wednesday with the other Moms. I think that will be enough candy for him.

Happy Easter!!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 05:36 AM   #2  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning all!!
Welll...today is the day..No more junk, no more "picking", no more "plate finishing" etc etc...I can finally, just barely zip the pants up in the size I want to be but have no room to breathe...I think 5-10 more pounds and it can be done..I even want to change my sign on name because I dont even run anymore...
Dh ordered me a treadmill and excercise bike because that is the things I like at the healthclub but wouldnt go for the $50/month fee..THis way, I have no excuse!!!We tested them out a Sears, then got them online cheaper with free delivery and no sales tax...They also set up a payment schedule with no interest so I have no reason not to do it...I just felt guilty leaving K in the daycare after not spending time all day with her..This way, they will be in the glass room we have for the cats and she can play in the back yard while I excercise..Dh bought her a big Step 2 playhouse and wooden swing set and built her a deck to play so she is set up!!! I will e-mail pics of her play area..

Hello to all!!! Come on girls!! Let's "spring" into smaller clothes!!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 08:35 AM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Busy weekend, didn't make it on at all yesterday, and i don't remember Saturday!

RR, you sound really motivated! That's great that you're soo close to your goal! Now don't let that bike or treadmill become a clothes hanger...or cat condo! Cool on the swingset! Can't wait to see the pics!

Karen, Peter had his first egg hunt at Gram & Papa's yesterday. I"m glad to hear you say you're doing another one, because that doesn't make me feel bad about wanting to dye eggs this week with Peter, since I didn't get to!

We went to my IL's for Easter Dinner and she served pasta?! WTF?? Who serves pasta & meatballs for Easter dinner?! I mean, it's one thing if you have it along with ham or roast beef or pork roast, but alone?? Whatever.... it was OK. Wish we had stayed home with my family, mom made roast beef, baked sweet potatoes, mashies, green beans and the usual cresent rolls and dinner rolls. Geez, I"m starving just thinking about it! Guess I better go have breakfast!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 09:00 AM   #4  

I should have been expecting this, this little blip in my road to success. Overall I was fine, but I did have a couple of moments this weekend, when the fallout over my quiting my job was just too overwhelming for me to manage in addition to holding the line about food choices. I think the thing that really derailed me the most was not exercising. I intentionally took Saturday off because I had exercised for 5 out of the last 6 days and my body needed a day off. I was going to go walk/run on Sunday because the gym was closed. But that turned into a comedy of errors. DH had a migrane all day, so I had to take the kids with me. We pulled the double stroller out of the basement, it needed air in the tires. I went to go get air at a gas station, but couldn't find an adaptor that fit the valve. We finally ended up at a playground where the kids enjoyed their first swing of the spring. So two days off, a donut here, a chocolate egg there, and no water. I'm not going to say I am back on the wagon, because I didn't really fall off, just hit a few pot holes.
Momadance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 09:14 AM   #5  
LBH

Moma, doesn't sound like you failed too badly!! Just get right back on the wagon!
Old 03-28-2005, 11:07 AM   #6  
one more time

Smile

Good morning all!
Lauren, I agree about Easter dinner. We switch off every year with my family and my inlaws. Well, this year was my family's turn and we were at IHOP for Easter breakfast. We were almost the only family in there. My inlaws make a huge deal with Easter egg hunt and huge dinner, and my family is completely opposite.

I completely fell off the wagon yesterday though, with going out to breakfast and all I figured I blew it, so my DH and I got a stuffed crust triple pepperoni pizza. It was soooo good. But today, I'm back on. And I'm sure I will pay on the ticker for that one.

Everyone have a great day!!
ladyhawke1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 11:40 AM   #7  
LBH

Lady, wow, DH & I were gonna go to IHOP for breakfast after church but the one we went to apparently closed down a couple years ago! We ended up at the diner.
Old 03-28-2005, 11:46 AM   #8  
No description available.

Hope you all had a nice weekend!

We almost had KFC for Easter dinner , due to the fact that everyone had an insanely busy week with traveling, work, etc. A last minute trip to the store garnered ham, potato casserole fixings, green bean casserole fixings, rolls, and salad. I did not exercise yesterday cause I was very tired from working Saturday night. I am not feeling very well today. I have a massive headache and some nausea and a cough. I actually took some drugs, and I never do that, so that tells you how awful I feel. And of course I have a TON to do today. Sooo, since I feel yucky, I might as well clean the bathrooms, etc., cause I won't feel any better laying around and being stressed out about everything I have to do...

Maybe I'll feel better if I get some stuff done...
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 11:51 AM   #9  
LBH

Ugh, Hope you're feeling better soon Jen!
Old 03-28-2005, 04:57 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

I am glad to hear everyone's easter went well or fairly well. I slept until noon and then lounged on the sofa the whole rest of the day. I am still fighting broncitis, and still coughing stuff up, so ever since Wednesday I have been laying about the house resting. I so want to go and do something, anything.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 06:01 PM   #11  

Hello everyone,

RR: Yeah on the exercise equipment AND the pants. Way cool. Hopefully she will go outside and play while you exercise. Ours is in the playroom and I can't walk if Alex is in the room. We have it behind a fence and he hangs over the fence holding on to my shirt .

Moma: I don't consider that falling off the wagon, not even close. Maybe you stood up, but you didn't even walk over to the edge! Good job for staying so strong.

Lauren: My MIL made London Broil and we had leftovers for lunch today. YUM. I was very happy to have the leftovers. My family was never big on ham, so we never had a set Easter dinner. Just whatever was popular at the moment. As long as someone else is cooking, I'm happy!

Ladyhawke: Geeze, now I'm craving pepperoni pizza. I wonder why.... Only kidding. DH was craving pizza on Saturday so we went to Pizzeria Uno. I got a hamburger that was so big, I had it for lunch and dinner. That's just the hamburger, not the fries. I didn't even eat them! I couldn't believe how big that thing was! Good job getting back on target today.

Midwife: I hope you are feeling better. I hate being sick. I am impressed that you would clean being sick. I use it as an exscuse to slack!

Lisa: I hope you are up and running soon. I know it sucks to be sick for so long.

Old 03-29-2005, 05:27 AM   #12  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Karen--I am thinking since I cant even go pee, cook, get dressed etc without her hanging on me, it is wishful thinking about excercising...I actually plan on comming home first then picking her up from daycare after I excercise..
We shall see!!I have to do something cuz I am miserable!!
Gotta run..off to work!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 02:33 PM   #13  

Hello Everyone,

We had our egg hunt today and it was a blast. Alex had a lot of fun. It took him awhile to get the idea that he was supposed to pick the eggs up. Then he really got into it.

RR: Probably the best plan. I can't get anything done anymore if he's up. He climbs all over the place and gets into everything. I tried to fold laundry yesterday and you should have seen the mess he made. Ugh.

I hope everyone is having a great week!

Old 03-31-2005, 09:49 AM   #14  

Heeeellllllloooooooooo? Where is everyone?

I hope you are all out having fun!
Old 03-31-2005, 09:59 AM   #15  
one more time

Smile

Karen- I was just typing when I saw your post. My son didn't quite get the easter eggs either. He just wanted to throw them. The other thing neither one of them get is laundry. David just likes to take the stuff out of the basket and Nicole (she's 5) loves to help, but to her helping with laundry is rolling her shirts into a little ball even though I have shown her how to fold it.

Well, TOM won out this morning. I have been fighting craving for 2 days now and I was in the gas station paying for gas and getting coffee and the hohos were just calling my name. Hohos. I can't believe it. AND on top of that I'm still hungry. What a waste of points!! Oh well, I guess you just move on. *sigh* I'm afraid to look to see how many points that was. I don't even think I want to know. Ok, I did look it was 8

Anywho, I wish today was Friday. I REALLY don't want to work today. I need to find something that I enjoy cuz this sure ain't it.

Hope everyone is doing well!! :

Last edited by ladyhawke1014; 03-31-2005 at 11:34 AM.
ladyhawke1014 is offline   Reply With Quote