Support Groups - Here Comes Peter CottonCow

View Full Version : Here Comes Peter CottonCow

Kiwonk
03-25-2005, 06:35 PM
Did someone say ****? ;)

Why sure, Cowpeach, I'm all for that! It's not like DS is calling him an a**, right?

we keep buying new food thinking we have none when in fact the d*mn thing is full to the brim. I do the same thing. I also hate menu planning. I don't know why, I can see how it would be a timesaver, but I can't stand doing it, so I don't. Mostly I decide at about 5:30 in the evening what I'm going to cook. Needless to say, we don't eat at a reasonable time.

I really don't feel like doing the inlaw easter dinner this weekend. Weren't we just there last Saturday? Yes, we were. I want to be taken out to dinner and a movie. Yeah, in my dreams.

Godwin's law is kind of amusing. I never heard of it before, but it's been years since I involved myself in the type of forum discussions they are talking about. Way back when, when newsgroups were the thing, every single newsgroup with any traffic would regularly degenerate into a flame war (of course they still do, I'm sure), so that got old after a while and I stopped looking at them. It's interesting that the internet has spawned so many corners of culture with their own traditions and so on. Wouldn't it be interesting if more people read pages like the one you linked to, and thought about abstract stuff like that. Imagine if regular people considered logic when they spoke. If you read the letters section of any local newspaper, you know that's not the case, but what a different world, eh?

Must go attempt to do something. This is my last weekday before becoming nurse-maid to DH -- he's having an operation on Monday, and will be home for at least 2 weeks recovering. I may have to hire someone to come in and relieve me.... :eek:

TPBM wishes she could come be my relief nurse.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
03-25-2005, 08:07 PM
False. End of discussion.

DS went to Spainnn with his d*mn*d retainer. Will his teeth shift in a week? I am p*ss*d and such aboutthis. I want him to have a good time but I don't want $3,500 thrown away because of his adolesncent carlesslenss.s..s Yes he is carless AND careless.

TPBM wants an Oprah makeover.

Kiwonk
03-25-2005, 10:33 PM
Nah, sounds like too much trouble. If they'd come to my house, maybe.

Thou speakest in giant syllables, but thou speakest not in logical sense. May I presume that DS went to Spain withOUT his retainer? Or perhaps he took the Family Retainer with him, thereby costing you an extra 2 weeks of the venerable old fellow's pay of $1750/per. My, he's a costly old bean.

You won't even discuss coming to help me out? You're not doing anything, I've heard...

TPBM is scowling at me.

Kiwi

PainterWoman
03-25-2005, 10:59 PM
False. Squinting, but not scowling.

We'll have to see about DS and retainer. I'm thinking that MomCow believed it would be easier to retrieve if it were lost in a domestic rather than foreign locale. Perhaps DS will surprise all and come home WITH retainer and increased self-awareness.

I actually took a walk today. It was lovely, although there are supposed to be thunderstorms tonight.

I am off to paint. It's only two hours later than I planned... but I'm going.

TPBM would get botox if her scowl lines showed.

Cowpernia
03-26-2005, 12:01 AM
False. Botox is scary. I would like help with my wrinkly long neck though.

I did not swear clearly. DS's retainer is in DS's bathroom. DS is . hhhmmmm. on a plane, I think. I will meet at the airport next week and hand it to him. Maybe not. I'm sure it's GERRRMMY>

I am too doing something. I just ate cheese.

TPBM can tell me which team wears white. Home or visiting.

Kiwonk
03-26-2005, 03:54 AM
Cheese, that's something. I think the visiting team wears white. Or the home team. No, the visiting team. What do you get when you cross an elephant and a rhinoceros? Elephino.

I watched a :o very sexy movie tonight. Had naked young men in it. Very young. Mexican. Y Tu Mama Tambien. Whoowee, hot stuff.

There won't be any more 3fc until Monday, looks like, so Hoppy Easter! If anyone logs on they can go to the chat room, though.

TPBM has been trying to get here all weekend.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
03-26-2005, 03:56 AM
P.S. His teeth will not shift enough in a week to undo the whole shebang. Not to worry. Just make him wear it day and night for a while :lol:

Kiwonk
03-27-2005, 12:25 PM
Happy Easter to All of Moo!

Bagzz
03-27-2005, 11:15 PM
hahahahah----------kiwonk---love the cotton cow!!!! you are FUNny@!!!---i like when peach hollers too-----my step dd's forget their retainers for entire summer vacations and they still look gorgeous so don't be worrying after that one!-----painty-how nice for your walk===i want to walk in texas when the bluebonnets are out---we call them lupins up here---we have purple and pink and mauve and white----are yours all blue???ours come out in June---they are all over the roadsides----very lovely-----we have Good Friday and Easter Monday off here in Canada----the schools and government offices---i hear this is not true in the US---the step dds are here from Denver and they they have no such vacations----why is this????? HAPPY EASTER COWCOWS!

Bagzz
03-27-2005, 11:16 PM
Tell Me Kiwonk ,are These Mexican Boys As Cute As My Kalan??? Doubt It.

PainterWoman
03-28-2005, 04:04 AM
Um, Texans are dense, but not so dense that bluebonnets are any color but BLUE! :lol: They are often mixed with evening primrose, Indian paintbruch and gaillarda, though.

It was drizzly here today.
Surfed around on some of the support forum. SOME people are really losing a lot of weight. I don't know how long it has taken them, but if I'm to do it before I die, I better get moving.

Hope you are all full of Spring in your steps and joy in your heart.

TPBM still has a chocolate bunny left.

Bagzz
03-28-2005, 08:39 AM
painty---gorgeous photos----i think that the lupin{e} may be a close relative cause ours are all different colours----looks like the same type of flower though---i grow those California Poppies too---love them!

SugP
03-28-2005, 09:40 AM
Happy Birthday Peachy Darling!!! :hat: :cheer: :flow1: :hb:
(is this the right day?)

Hey, those bluebonnets do look like lupins, just maybe a bit smaller. I love lupins but have never been able to get them to grow in my garden. Oh yes, before I forget I have a question for all you gardening geniuses - I have two hanging baskets lined with that coconut fibre stuff. When I plant the baskets, do I just put earth in the top and plant there, or do I make slits in the lining stuff and let them hang out? I'm so confused.

Nearly croaked doing Leslie again last night. I am SO sick of being flabby. Seeng some pictures of myself from Christmas was the last straw. Incredible Hulk anyone? Not green, just a tub. Bleh. I HAVE lost a pound, though, which brings me back down to the starting weight on my ticker thingie. Wow. Great.

Cowpernia
03-28-2005, 12:20 PM
Thank you Sugar !!!

Those ARE beautiful pictures Painty. And they're different sizes so it doesn't look like you took them from a calendar ... ok. just kidding.

DS called from Spain. He has to share a room with Herbie which he doesn't like because, he says, Herbie snores. But more he is annoyed with Herbie's brother, Bigboy. Bigboy was disappointed that the employees in the Barcelona airport speak Spanish not English. They couldn't even read English! Egad. Bigboy has since learned a few word in Spanish. However, he is embarrassing DS by saying "Por favor" when he means "Gracias" and "Grande" when he means "Por favor."

First night in Spain, they ate Chinese.

I am trying to relax today. I hate my boss so much. Sooo Much. I will get an ulcer from this.

Wabby
03-28-2005, 02:39 PM
Peach, it sounds like Herbie's brother is doing what all adults are supposed to do, which is mortify the teenagers. Is today your B-day???? Probably one week w/o a retainer won't hurt, but don't let it go any further than that. DS has $3600 worth of orthodontia work that was gorgeous, but he lost his retainer and didn't tell me for 3 weeks and it no longer looks gorgeous. His teeth aren't bad, but they sure aren't perfect.

Sugar, I think you can do either with those fiber mats, I have never used them. I've taken wire baskets, lined them w/ green burlap, cut slits through and planted top and bottom of basket. Works like a moss basket but a.)doesn't cost as much and b.) the burlap doesn't show after the plants fill in, just looks like a huge ball of flowers. My newest cool project is one I saw on a garden show, it's a sphere of succulents on top of an urn. It's made w/ 2 wire baskets. I'll post some pictures if I actually accomplish it. What are you planting in your hanging baskets?

We had a very wet Easter. I guess I can stop bragging about our weather now. I think I'm going back to Weight Watchers as soon as the Easter candy is gone.

Bagzz
03-28-2005, 10:15 PM
happy birthdee sweet potato pie peacher~~~!!!!!! thirty six again i take it!!!! i hate your boss too---what a bi#@$------she needs a boot in the arse. spain sounds like fun even with old grampasauri and Bigbutt the Bigboy-----------i want to go to venice and learn how to make glass beads-=============i am jealous of sugas planting ===i love it when the plants form a big ball of colour ===do it that way !!!! listen to wabs cause i am terrible at baskets----i do love the slow release fertilizer pellets though---so much less bother !!! too tired to talk more------------xoxoxo

Kiwonk
03-28-2005, 11:36 PM
I have not yet touched my chocolate bunny (that I gave myself, seeing as how I am the Easter bunny).

Great. Herbie's brother is the Ugly American. I can't believe DS has to bunk with Herbie; that doesn't seem fair. Will he still be able to run away with a sexy dark-eyed Spanish senorita? Will he ever get to try Spanish food? Or will he come home in extra long bermuda shorts with Sansabelt waistline paired with a salmon pink golf shirt, with souvenirs he bought at the airport gift shop? Will he begin wearing clogs and allowing his hair to dread naturally while smelling faintly of patchouli, or will he call the stewardesses on the flight home "Little Missy"? Which is it? Stay tuned....

:hb: Happy Birthday dear Cowpernia Peachmistress :hb:

I would have posted a greeting earlier, but I have been a little preoccupied. DH had his hernia surgery this morning. He was home about 4 hours after he got there, lots of meds coursing through his veins. He's feeling it a bit now, but has been pretty comfortable most of the day. Was planning to stay and be good little wifey, but around 2 pm it started to snow like mad, just when DD was supposed to do the 1 hour drive to Othertown and back by herself. It looked really bad, but they didn't cancel her music lessons, so we decided that I should go with her. DH was all settled into the couch with beverages, phone and remote control (what more could a man want?), so I got to do the drive over in the snow/slush/rain. It actually was really bad driving, although it was just pouring rain by the time we got there. Now it's pouring rain here, has been for hours. There's still so much snow and ice, that it's a real mess of slush and mud and snowbanks and everything. I'm afraid skiing is over for the season...

I have absolutely no talent at plants or gardening. I had a hanging jade plant which recently had trailed so much and gotten so lopsided that it finally fell out of its macrame hanger and into the styrofoam cooler I'd set below it because it was listing and the water was tending to pour out instead of absorb. This whole shebang is on the other side of some furniture and I can't get to it without moving everything, and frankly I don't feel like it. I wonder how long I can leave it there before anyone notices? Oh well, good luck with the plants, ladies. I would love to hear about these things; maybe I can tell my meager plants stories of what life could be like in other households and they can hold out hope for a brighter future.

Well, Bagz since Kalan is not Mexican and I haven't seen him with his shirt off, I can hardly pass judgment, hmm?

DD is attempting to play the flute today. Sounds more like blowing over the top of a pop bottle. At her guitar lesson, she learned how to string and tune a violin. :shrug: Her teacher runs a music shop. I think he is trying to make DD his apprentice.

Have to go roll the old man into bed...

Kiwi

Kiwonk
03-29-2005, 12:22 AM
Best Holiday Family Dinner Story EVER (http://www.dooce.com/archives/nubbin/03_28_2005.html)

TPBM has a brother who has been known to go commando, but has never done so herself, nor have her aunties.

Kiwi

PainterWoman
03-29-2005, 02:10 AM
False. My brother was an only child and so am I.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PEACHES....
:hat: :dancer: :balloons:
I hope you made lots of wonderful wishes and that they all come true... or better!

Sug, you are on to me. The photos were, um, uploaded via Google Images. I use them as bases for sketches etc. when I can't think that to draw or paint.

Kiwi... I hope DH is happily groggy and a good patient. Now that we're of a "certain age" things just take longer to heal. And guys haven't always had as much disruption of their innards as women have, which can make them a bit whiney (not that I'd ever name names.) When DH had his gall stone episodes and resultant surgery you'd think he was going to give birth to a rhinocerous.

Growing jade plants (styrofoam or not) in a place with snow is very impressive to me. Don't understand the greeness of your thumb.

My DS came home from Japanese camp with dyed black hair... The chance of him looking Asian (Scandinavian/Italian bloodlines) was highly unlikely. And he came home with tattoos. At least they don't show when he's dressed. And at least he didn't have to be in the Army/Navy/Marines to get them.

You'll note that I decided to take a risk and sign up for a challenge. I told that thread they could kick *** and take names. You can too... as long as you provide ice packs for the bruising. :drill:

DH is off to sunny California for business tomorrow at 6 @#$% o'clock in the morning. Yipes. Gotta go so I can drive him. Catch you tomorrow evening, ladies.

Cowpernia
03-29-2005, 08:48 AM
I also have no bubba.

Painty is the Japanese Camp the one in Minnesota? Tell.

I really REALLLY EXTREMELY REALLY need a new job before I go commando. You ever have that feeling when someone is talking to you where a whole bunch of chemicals are released into your stomach and you just hate the person speaking.Well, I got to get a new job.

TPBM has dust on her monitor.

Kiwonk
03-29-2005, 03:17 PM
TPBM has dust on her monitor. :doh:
I also have no keYberd today ???Family Dinner Story you reaD??

Kiwi

SugP
03-29-2005, 05:58 PM
YEs, i reAd. LOlolOL!!! DooCe kiLls mE.

Monitor is the only thing that DOESN'T have dust on it.

Two brothers. Plenty of commando moments, just not lately.

Peachy, have you ever heard of something called the "stomach brain". It's all the rage in Germany. Apparently your stomach has its own little brain that is somehow, some way (Grade 8 biology teacher to my mother: "Your daughter is not a scientist.") attached to your real brain. I completely understand about the feeling ill while listening to someone. Happens to me with about 75% of the people I meet here. Ugh. We need to manifest a new job for you. Where would you like to work?

TPBM really should be in bed.

Cowpernia
03-29-2005, 06:00 PM
TP Who is ME thinks Kiwi is .. unusual.

Somebody please watch Oprah and tell me if Lisa Marie and Michael J consummated their marriage.

TPBM thinks I'm a pervert.

Wabby
03-30-2005, 01:01 PM
If you are, so am I because I wanted to know, and yes, the answer is that it was a consumated marriage. Priscilla thinks that it was because Michael had a crazy fascination w/ anything Elvis and he wanted to father Elvis's grandchild. He had that crazy King of Rock/King of Pop thing going on there. That was really a fascinating interview and I think Lisa Marie came off as a really likable person. Poor Priscilla has gotten carried away w/ plastic surgery and she doesn't even look like she used to. Her face looks masklike.

Peaches, Happy, happy birthday!!! I hope you get a new job for your birthday. Wouldn't that be wonderful? Wish really hard when you blow out those candles. :hb: :wizard:

I have a nasty headache today. Actually I've had one for days, it just gets really bad, then calms down, then gets bad again. I went into the Dr. yesterday - I'll be going in for a "procedure" in a few weeks - hopefully it will end the endless period. It involves general anesthesia, a day trip to the hospital, and darn, I won't be able to have any more kids, but it's not a hysterectomy so I'm a happy camper.

We have a friend who is known to go commando. He is an obnoxious and colorful personality who has a wee bit of a drinking and carousing problem. He called us once from the drunk tank, wanting someone to bail him out. Apparently when they put you in the drunk tank they take all your clothes and since he had no unmentionables he was sitting in there in the all together. DH left him - said it was a good lesson. Heee. I dont' know if the lesson was not to drink and drive or to wear your good underwear if you do.

Kiwi, my sympathies to you. Nothing like a husband on the couch to make you go a little nutz.

Isn't it wonderful that Bagzie still checks in w/ us even though she went out and got herself a life? I was worried about that.

Gotta go look for the Advil bottle.

TPBM prefers Tylenol to Advil.

Bagzz
03-30-2005, 03:42 PM
nooooooooooo---for some reason i like advil,but neither pill will work when i have the big headache---that takes Norgesic Forte ----aspirin+caffeine+muscle relaxer.hope it disappears soon wabs----i HATE those four-six day headaches!! thank you for caring whether i am here or not!!!---i was SO mad today at the shop---i had just put out THREE brand new pewter bangles with dragonflies on them and i had a gorgeous handmade sterling silver dragonfly on a silver chain-----------i was IN the shop and this young guy came in with a gigantic knapsack----i thought he was going to knock everything over as he swung around=---anyway---I thought "what the **** is he doing in a girly giftshop by himself" but i was nice and said hello-----about 15 minutes later i noticed all three of the new bracelets and the silver necklace had been STOLEN---that's about 130 dollars worth of jewellery.I WAS SOOOOOOOOOO MAD!!!! it's amazing how mad i was----it's just amazing that someone would do that practically in front of you-----naturally you don't want to follow everyone around your shop staring at them everytime they come in and you don't want everything all locked and under glass but AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH----effin mad i was {and still am!!!}----since i have my "girl" come in to work in the early afternoon,i still get to pick up ds from school which is the way i wanted it----i can still check in here very often,which is the way i like it too!!!! i may get a computer for the shop ,IF I MAKE ANY MONEY!!!!----not likely if i can't even protect my stock!!!---Kiwonkers---i hope the dh is appreciating all the perks of hanging home with your darling self!!!my sympathies of course!!!!Love you guys!!!

Kiwonk
03-30-2005, 04:09 PM
False -- I like Advil for cramps and muscle aches, Tylenol for headaches.

And for Sugar's TPBM -- I don't know! I didn't sleep well last night. DH has been sleeping half the night in bed and then waking me up so I can help him go sleep on the couch in the living room. He has a hard time shifting around at all, so he gets really sore and stiff after a few hours in bed. So let's see, I got to bed late (really late, I didn't get my $1), I had to get up at 5 am to help him, I had to get up at 7:30 to make DD's lunch (she had a late beginning day today) and DH's breakfast, I had to get up and answer the phone at 10:30 and talk to the nurse. And then I went back to bed once again and slept for 2 or 3 hours more. I'm too confused to know if I should be in bed.

Priscilla thinks that it was because Michael had a crazy fascination w/ anything Elvis and he wanted to father Elvis's grandchild.Ewww! He is one sick puppy.

Good luck with your "procedure", Wabby, I hope you won't have a long recovery? Just judging by my past couple of days, I suggest you get a female relative to stay with you after it -- no way would a husband do what I've been doing here!

Love the commando story. I doubt he learned his lesson, though, huh?

Nothing like a husband on the couch to make you go a little nutz.
You have no idea how appropriate that is...only not so little.

Peaches, I really couldn't use my keyboard yesterday, my weirdness was not intentional. Apparently the plug fell out of the back of the computer :rolleyes:

I've always wonder just how it is that my stomach knows what I'm feeling. It's not the most convenient relationship. You suppose it could work the other way -- the brain telling the stomach it's not hungry?

Gotta go check on my patient. You can tell how scattered I am today, by my compulsion to use 80 different colors.

TPBM has never had an operation.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
03-30-2005, 04:21 PM
Hi Bagzie! Bummer about the shoplifting, what a major a**hole. Maybe you should have people leave their bags at the counter.

Okay, I really have to go be super-nurse.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
03-30-2005, 04:24 PM
False. I had a thing taken off my back. Big scar.

I really needed to know about Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie. I saw her on Oprah Monday and thought she was way cool. She was so honest, and she swore like Bagz so I naturally loved her. But to think that Elvis's girl, someone who has everything could screw up her life so much and talk about it so openly just made me love her. I mean how bad could my life be compared to that? And why be embarrassed about any of it?

Poor DS is stuck in Barcelona with eight ... people .. who only eat at Burger King and Pizza Hut. He wants to EXPERIENCE Spain but they just keep comparing it to "the South" and "the South" wins everytime. He is not happy.

So sorry I didn't mention this first time I posted. Poor Bagzoid. What do other vendors do??? Do you have security guys? What are you going to do in the Future???
TPBM will still get chili from Wendys.

Lohani
03-31-2005, 11:40 AM
Happy Birthday Cowper!!!
Bagzie, sorry about shoplifters. You need a hunk with a gun at the door.
It must be so weird to be Lisa Marie. It is more weird to be so rich and to need to talk about such personal things on TV.
Poor DS. I hate traveling with people who go away so they can recreate home.
Wabby, no more kids? Hope you do OK.
Sugar, stomach brain? explain.
Poor Kiwi, a sick man? They require so much patience.
I am supposed to be helping ds with science fair(will this never end?)
L

Cowpernia
03-31-2005, 04:31 PM
I need a hunk at the door. No gun. Canadians are unarmed. I learned this from Michael Moore

I think it's fine that Lisa Marie talked about intimate matters on tv. This is because my two pet peeves are:

1) People who lean their elbows on their shopping carts and stalk around the Winn Dixie like T-Rex, only moving from the hip joints down. Ugly.

2) People who pretend their lives do not contain major embarrasing bits of history but are appalled by other peoples lives. For me, Lisa Marie was saying she had screwed up bigtime and had suffered in these ways for it and so what. Life goes on. I liked it. It took her two years didn't she say to get over M. Jackson and time was full of depression, panic attacks, the whole thing. Just like everybody else. I liked it.

Bagzie, what ARE YOU doing about the thievey kids? You are not keeping us informed enough on this.

TPBM is wearing beige pants.

Kiwonk
03-31-2005, 04:35 PM
Hi Lushie. You ask many questions.

Wendy's chili? I never ate it before, I don't suppose I'd do it now. Kidney beans and fingers look so similar....

Day 4 of the Old Folks' Home. Okay, that's mean, DH will eventually improve. He is still having a lot of trouble getting around and spending all day on the couch. He gets up when he has to, but it's obviously painful and can't straighten up all the way. Makes it pretty exhausting to do anything. Also he is starting to resemble those hiphop stars re: hand placement. Haha. Made you shudder.

It is really sunny here today. The snow in the yard and driveway keep melting, but we still have giant snowbanks. It's crazy. I mean there is a big muddy clear area surrounded by snow. DD and a friend went snowshoing yesterday. Tomorrow we are supposed to get freezing rain. Yippee.

TPBM wants to go out bike riding.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
03-31-2005, 04:50 PM
How'd you sneak that message in there? I am wearing this color pants or maybe this color I think. They are not beige.

I agree about LisaMarie; I like her. Of course I haven't seen her on TV for a year or 2, but she talked about MJ then too. She seemed pretty open. I don't have a problem with people talking about messes in their life, as long as they are being honest with themselves. As an example of the complete opposite, take Whitney Houston, who goes on interviews talking about how she's been clean so long and will never never get into drugs again blah blah, and all the while you can just about see her shoot up.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
03-31-2005, 06:27 PM
False (am I playing this game by myself?) I do not have a bicycle. I wish I were walking hand-in-hand with a guy with nice hands by the bay. Do not attempt to diagram that sentence.

TY for agreeing with me Kiwi. You get 15 demerits removed for that.

On Monday, I get to have lunch with my pal Roger. I call him Roger because that is not his name. Other names are not his, also, but Roger is my choice. Anyway, Roger's wife passed away a year ago and he could not go to lunch until a year passed. Now it has passed and we will have lunch. He is a sincere and intense man. He is a very good man. He's the one who bought my new computer on his credit card and expects to pay the three monthly payments as they come in. Isn't that nice? He is so sweet that Roger.

I miss DS. The house is too quiet and at home we do not eat junk food on a regular basis. They are undermining his health.

I want to say things to and about Lush but Wabby will scold me.

TPBM adores me.

Wabby
03-31-2005, 07:59 PM
I have this to say about that. I ain't your mother. My mother would say "if you can't say something nice....." ----- but again, I point out that I am not your mother or even my mother. Although, I seem to look more and more like her every day. How in the world could I scold you when I can't even get my own children to be nice to each other??? DS and DD got into an argument today over some silly thing and ended up w/ DD saying she wasn't coming over to our house anymore until DS moved out and she doesn't have to deal with him. AAAAArrghhh. They make me crazy. So if you want to add to my stress level, then just have at it.

Saturday night is bunco night and I plan on not driving just in case I feel the need to have a couple drinks, which I can tell you I do.

Cowpernia
03-31-2005, 08:13 PM
You didn't answer the question about adoring me.

Wabby
03-31-2005, 08:27 PM
Oh Peach, how could I not???? ------ I may want to shake ya silly but I always adore you!!!

TPBM is adored by many.

Kiwonk
03-31-2005, 11:05 PM
You'll have to ask the many.

Roger sounds awfully nice, and very proper to observe a mourning period. Is he cute?

I talked to my real life sissy tonight. She and her brood are on school break, but have been getting over flu and stuff, plus it's mostly rained all week. Bummer. They had to get rid of their dog, returned him to the rescue society that they got him from, because he bit my BIL on the hand, and my stepfather (don't parse that sentence either). And the kids saw their dad getting bitten; it was really bloody. He was a very scared, shy dog, although he and my sis bonded really well. He was fine with the kids, but terrified of men. So anyway, it's sad, but they couldn't keep him after that. He could be very sweet, and he was awfully cute; it's a shame he had so many problems. I have some cute pics of him from Christmas, and I don't know if my sis will want to see them, so I'm going to post a couple here. Bye, Buddy, hope they find you a good situation, or you are at peace.

TPBM is apparently really H****Y

Kiwi

Cowpernia
04-01-2005, 12:19 PM
Yes, I am quite H****Y. Thank you for caring.

Sad about the dogger. I really don't like doggers but it's sad anytime something is scared and rejected.

It's storming here big huge time.

Let's discuss eroticism. I think it's trite, poorly written and boring. After all, it is IMMENSELY predictable. There are only so many body parts to slide ones hand down.

I am getting the Monk book today. It's $24.95 plus tax. I will the first to finish it and post in our new book club.

TPBM thinks that H****Y is erotic.

Wabby
04-01-2005, 01:12 PM
Nooooo, not me, but DH probably thinks so.

You will all be so happy to know that I'm going effin insane here, what with the constant, steady, gray, drizzly nasty bad rain. It's been going on for days and days and the weather forcast for the next several days looks like this - http://msnbc.com/news/wea_front.asp That will pay me back for going on and on about our sunny weather. Apparently it's over until August. It's appropriate that my birthday looks like it will be steady rain.

Sorry your sis had to give up her doggie, but she made the right decision. A biting dog doesn't belong in a family situation, no matter how much you might love them. The worst thing is when ppl won't face the facts and insist on keeping a dangerous dog.

I'm po'ed today just like Bagzie. No, nobody stole anything from our shop, but someone stole 4 solar lights that we had lining our driveway. Can you believe anyone could do something so low?

What is the monk book, Peach? I'm reading Brick Lane, a book about a Bangladeshi woman who is married off in an arranged marriage. I'm so glad I'm not Bangladeshi. I just finished The Tie That Binds. It was very good, I read it in one day.

TPBM is a dog person, and thinks cats should stay on the roof.

Cowpernia
04-01-2005, 01:21 PM
False.

The Monk book is the one for our NEW Book Club. Sue Monk Kidd and the Mermaid Tail. I don't have it quite yet so I may be inaccurate.

TPBM loves the gentle purr of a cat nestled on their pillow at night while it pours outside.

Wabby
04-01-2005, 03:54 PM
It was my oldtimer's disease - I forgot about that book. It's called the Mermaid Chair and Costco is supposed to have it after April 5th.

TPBM would never sleep w/ a four legged animal. Only the 2 legged variety.

Cowpernia
04-01-2005, 04:14 PM
False/true. Not with a four-legged goat but a two-legged old goat so what's the difference?

My friend's bookstore ordered it for me and I have it on my desk. So there. Pbbbbbt

As you all know if you have teenager hipsters, gmail is the new have-to-have-it email program thingie and now that I'm using it I think it's very very nice. You can only get it by invite so if anyone wants it, lemme know.

You can find your email at any puter like yahoo but it holds WAYY lots of mail. You can search your mail. It's easy to use and google keeps on improving it. Today they added rich text. Yippee yay.

TPBM has chocolate bunnies still.

Kiwonk
04-01-2005, 06:14 PM
False. Ate the rest of it last night.

Although I am one of those schizophrenic cat/dog people, I do think it's fun when kitties are on the roof. My very favorite cat episode was one winter when we had lots of snow and one of the cats got up on the roof. I went to the door to get her to come in and when I called her, she came over to the corner of the roof where she could see me. So I called her to come down, and my trusting little kitty jumped down. Into 3 feet of soft snow. And disappeared. hahaha It was the funniest sight ever.

Sorry about the constant drizzle, Wab. I'm not laughing. Everyone deserves at least the hope of good weather. That weather link didn't go to your area; what's your zip code? Mine's 04462

I'm in the throes of planning DD's spring college tour. So far I have one reservation for an info session and tour. 3000 to go. Oy. Plus all the motels. This could get expensive. Although, as I pointed out to DH, other than gas, motels and food, it's all free entertainment. Of course it's a bit of a stretch to call it entertainment, but I'm doing the best I can.

I should get that book. But I'm not paying 25 bucks, folks. Maybe I can reserve it at the library.

You're so hip, Cowpeach. Is g-mail full of ads like hotmail? You are right, erotica is boring. After a while.

TPBM considers this (http://www.mistereds-elephantmuseum.com/graphics/fudge/fudgegroup2.jpg) to be erotica.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
04-01-2005, 06:50 PM
True. Absolutely.

Gmail has no ads but it is a google product so next to your email is sometimes some paid ads that relate to your email. I enjoy that. For example, I once wrote to someone about an ex bf and one of the ads said "I used to miss him but now I've improved my aim."

I remember that story Kiwi. Cruel. My kitties have never been buried in snow but one used to get on Herbie's roof a lot.

TPBM is exactly 5'6"

Wabby
04-01-2005, 07:46 PM
I wish I were 5'6". I stopped growing at 5'2" by the 6th grade. 5 foot 2, eyes of blue.

Kiwi, your weather is even worse than mine, so I'll shut up. It's so ccccc-cold way up thar in Maine. My zip is 97045.

I'm off for the weekend, lovelies - I'll eat extra in your honor at bunco. See yas monday.

TPBM has more exciting plans than bunco this weekend.

Bagzz
04-01-2005, 11:32 PM
WELLLLLLLL---i have no "exciting plans" but i am taking a jewellery making course with dd on saturday and sunday----i know the girl teaching the course cause we were at the same trade show for ten years when i used to sell my jewellery! her website is http://www.bejewel.ca if you want to see her stuff.She is tres cool.Dd sells alot of stuff at the shop so we want to get some "trade secrets"====the stepdd's have been here all week so we took an overnight trip and went to an indoor place that has rides---i hate "rides" so there happened to be a great bookstore attached to the place and i enjoyed a couple of hours there!!! i am reading for my bookclub a book called "right as rain" ====it takes place in the south when they still had slaves---so far i like it------------kiwieeeeeeeeeee====your ole man must be improving by now!!! you need a break!!!!! we have NNNO snow but the place we visited had snow so i guess we are just lucky ---except it has been COLD and WINDY!!!!!!!!!!!!_--wabby,i would be sooooooo mad if someone stole my solar lights!!!! they are expensive and how TACKY is it to take such things----people are such ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSes!!!!!===== i am tired of the TBPM game ---- i like it better when we swear for a few pages---eff eff eff.and ****====oops---the pope is dying ---i had better be more pious.{??}PEACHERS!!! MOTHER IS DOWN IN FLARRRRIDER FOR A VACATION!!!! I THINK SHE IS NEAR ST PETERSBERG???? SOMEWHERE DOWN THERE---FOR THREE WEEKS!!! LUCKY GIRL--------- speaking of assssssssses----those dorks who took poor ds on a cultural holiday--------why do they even like going anywhere different??? don't get it. -----okay,gotta go to bed-------------LOVE YOUSSSSSSSSSSSSS =====EFF EFF EFF

Cowpernia
04-01-2005, 11:43 PM
I don't like to say EFF. I like the intellectual stimulation of learning what the person below would not tell on her own.

Bagzina, don't Americans come to Canada and get bugged over your funny way of talking and stuff? It's the same thing. Americans have no contact with other nations except the ones that slip over the border and come here and WE KNOW that they NEED TO LEARN EGNLISH and not expec UUUSUSSSS to speak their language which is just too strange and not as good as English. SAme thing. The Herbettes are in shock over the nerve of these Spaniards to speak Spanish and to eat food that does not include cheese grits and three kinds of sausage.

Enough.

I want to know that TPBM thinks but now I'm all intimidated.

what book club? WE HAVE OUR OWN BOOK CLUB now. Right? Huh?

PainterWoman
04-02-2005, 12:43 AM
False--I am not not intimidated, but haven't been thinking because of allergies or some other wonkiness of the sinuses.

Do WE have a book club? I loved Secret Life of Bees. Is there a read-by date?

I don't know if any of you got the following from another 3FC denizen. It might come in handy.

Why Women Lie

One day, while a seamstress was sewing while sitting close to a river, her thimble fell into the river. When she cried out, the Lord appeared and asked, "Why are you crying?" The seamstress replied that her thimble had fallen into the water, and she needed the thimble to make her living. The Lord went down into the water and reappeared with a golden thimble. "Is this your thimble?" the Lord asked. The seamstress replied, "No." The Lord again went down and came up with a silver thimble. "Is this your thimble?" the Lord asked. Again, the seamstress replied, "No." The Lord went down again and came up with a wooden thimble. "Is this your thimble?" the Lord asked. The seamstress replied, "Yes." The Lord was pleased with the woman's honesty and gave her all three thimbles to keep, and the seamstress went home happy.

Some time later, the seamstress was walking with her husband along the riverbank, and her husband fell into the river. When she cried out, The Lord again appeared and asked her, "Why are you crying?" "Oh Lord, my husband has fallen into the water!" The Lord went down into the water and came up with Mel Gibson. "Is this your husband?" the Lord asked. "Yes," cried the seamstress. The Lord was furious. "You lied! That is an untruth!"

The seamstress replied, "Oh, forgive me, my Lord. It is a misunderstanding. You see, if I had said 'no' to Mel Gibson, you would have come up with Tom Cruise. T hen if I said 'no' to him, you would have come up with my husband. Had I then said 'yes,' you would have given me all three! Lord, I am a poor woman and am not able to take care of all three husbands, so THAT'S why I said yes to Mel Gibson."

The moral of this story is: Whenever a woman lies, it is for a good and honorable reason, or for the benefit of others. That's our story, and we're sticking to it!

Bagzz-- I am SO sorry about snarky thief. In my typical pollyanna mode, though, you must have NEAT STUFF. I've gone in stores where I wouldn't want what they had if they dipped it in chocolate.

What a shame to get to Spain and then act like a Southerner. At least a Californian would groove with the scene, ya know?

TPBM has never told a lie. Or maybe that's never been caught in one.

SugP
04-02-2005, 01:59 PM
TPBM has never told a lie. Or maybe that's never been caught in one.

Oooh! I wouldn't touch that one with a ten foot pole. Well, OK, I will touch it. False. And false. I've told many a lie and been caught in several. Bad, bad me. :devil:

So this is what I get after googling something I can't even remember and somehow ending up at one of those conspiracy sites: 1) The Pope will not die but will instead flee Rome and the Anti-Pope will be appointed. 2) Because of the mass media coverage of this thing, people will not be paying attention and criminals will do really, really bad things which means that WE ARE ALL DOOMED. Sheesh.

Spain has good sausages, but not the southern kind, and NO grits. Nowhere. I think next time ds will have to go with people who are not *sses. My ex sis- in-law was the kind of person who would travel to a foreign country and then stay in her hotel room and order room service the whole time.

Thanks for the hanging basket input. Looks to me like you're supposed to just put the dirt on and plunk the plants in on top. We don't have much sun where they'll hang so I guess I could go for begonias or impatiens or something. Did a TON of work in the garden today and still don't have a clue what I'm doing but it was fun.

Ooh, pretty, shiny jewelry, Bagzie. Do you make stuff similar to that? I don't think I'd have the patience. I just bought a really cute bracelet for my mum for her birthday. I should send you a picture.

Hey! Since March 21 I have done Leslie 5 times and will do another 3 miles tonight. Keep losing and gaining the same d*mn pound. Hmphh.

TPBM is bored out of her mind.

Bagzz
04-02-2005, 11:25 PM
yesssssss---------send picture of bracelet shuga!!! want to see bracelet. miss peachez----you would like a nice long necklace----how long??? maybe my dd can make you one-----for your birthday of course----what colour beads do you like and will you flash the men of dogpatch if they throw you some nice shiny ones????

PainterWoman
04-03-2005, 11:34 AM
By doze is stubbed up again.
Blech.
And I dode eben want to eat.
I surely dode want to do anyding with Leslie, or walk or talk. Poor be.

The only conspiracy theory that makes sense to me is some metabolic one that keeps my hot sexy body under wraps.

Kiwonk
04-03-2005, 05:08 PM
I am not bored out of my mind. But I am about to bore all of you out of your minds, because it's Sunday and that's the day I type endlessly about nothing (or would that be Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday,....?).

Painty, you type funny when you're sick. :lol3: Hope you feel better tout de suite. I've gone in stores where I wouldn't want what they had if they dipped it in chocolate. :rofl: That's saying something.

kiwieeeeeeeeeee====your ole man must be improving by now!!! Yes and no. He does a lot when I'm not around. Yesterday I was gone all day to Dd's jazz (band) festival. They did great, by the way, but the competition was impressive and they didn't place in the top 3. He walked up the driveway and got the mail while I was gone. I think that's the first time he's been out of the house. Today he cooked breakfast (at lunchtime) -- he came in the computer room (I've been here for hours :o ) to ask if I wanted eggs. He really looked like he was hurting, so I offered to cook the eggs, and he got all pissed off and went and cooked them himself. :dunno: Grumpy. When I'm around, he mostly lies on the couch. I am still being sympathetic, but it is wearing a little thin.

Bagz, I am loving that jewelry site! Do they really hand make those chains? It doesn't seem possible! Gorgeous stuff.

I can now come clean on something that happened last weekend, speaking of jewelry. When we went to DH's sister's for Easter dinner, I wore the beautiful drop earrings your dd made, Bagz, but I forgot to put "stoppers" on the wires, which I need to keep my hair from knocking them right out of my ears. So all day I was checking to make sure they were still there. The first thing I did when I got into the car before we left our house, was to lose one down the side of the seat in the car. Well, I retrieved that. Then after dinner I discovered I'd lost one again. I started looking all over poor SIL's house for them (holy cow, it was clean!), and everyone joined in the hunt (I'd be embarrassed, but this is the way my in-laws are, so I long ago gave up trying to keep them from doing stuff for me). We couldn't find the earring anywhere. :( Then later as I was assembling the inevitable containers of leftovers to take home (I had filled them right after dinner), I thought, well, I haven't actually looked in the containers! And lo and behold there was my earring, right in the lasagna. :lol: I was delighted and everybody got a good laugh out of it. On the way home, we stopped for gas and I got out to help DD with the pump. When we got home, you guessed it, my earring was gone again. Now I looked all over every inch of that car at least 3 times, my clothes, my purse, everything that had been in the car, all over the ground. And I know I had both earrings when I left SIL's, because I checked. So I actually drove back to the gas station and checked with them, looked all around the pumps and sifted through 2 piles of dirt they had swept up! Yuck! Anyway I didn't find it, and I was all sad.

Well, yesterday DH talked to his sister and she said a neighbor left my earring in her screen door the other day. I do not remember taking it off and throwing it out the window as we drove by, but at this point I'll believe anything. So I'm getting it back :cp: , and I promise never to wear it without one of these on it (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.jewelrybyrhonda.com/keeper4.JPG&imgrefurl=http://www.jewelrybyrhonda.com/ear_solutions.htm&h=232&w=266&sz=17&tbnid=mx0cwFsy7FoJ:&tbnh=94&tbnw=108&start=5&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dearring%2Bkeepers%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%2 6safe%3Doff%26sa%3DN).

I have not done Leslie (that sounds bad, doesn't it?) for about 2 weeks :eek: -- I really can't do anything until DH goes back to work. He spends the entire day on the couch, and sometimes the night. The only other TV we have is in the kitchen. Yes, I could walk in the kitchen, but I feel foolish enough marching around the living room, I just can't. I could actually still snowshoe in the woods if it would stop raining for 5 minutes... You would think with all the rain we've had, that would all be melted. They have been forecasting flooding for days now, but it's not happening. Apparently there's so much snow in the woods and it's just cold enough to keep it from all melting at once.

I checked out your weather, Wab and it's almost the same as ours! Your high temps and are a little higher than ours and our low temps are a little lower, but rain rain rain.

I think everyone should give me their zip code so I can check on everyone's weather at the same time. Actually, I know where you live so I could do it myself. Yes, it's true, I know where you live. Be afraid. :mag:

If I don't post this now, it could be tomorrow before I do.

TPBM swears like a dockworker when she's alone.

Kiwi

Bagzz
04-04-2005, 12:07 AM
when i am alone???? i do that with an audience if possible====did you see the MARGARITA EARRINGS ON THE SITE THAT YOU FEATURED KIWONK-----THEY ARE HI LARRY ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

PainterWoman
04-04-2005, 04:23 AM
I swear like a juvenile dockworker... not very original, but frequent.
By doze iz still stuffy. I donoo ib I should hobe id runs or not.
by zip code is 75025.
I won dis at a seminar yesterday.

TPBM is not sure if a cigar is just a cigar

Cowpernia
04-04-2005, 04:32 PM
Cigars are bubble gum, right?

I am posting just to bump this thread up as I am not getting notices of new posts. DS is home and he had a great time. He and Herbie shared a room which was good, I think. Herbie's bubba got on DS's nerves big time so that wouldn't have worked. Herbie remained mellow and took DS out for dinner in a Spanish restaurant.

Anyway, now that daylight savings time is here (Canada too?) we will LIGHT and be HAPPIER and MORE PRODUCTIVE and CUTER and .... I'll be happy with cuter, I guess.

TPBM is jealous that I had lunch at a Turkish restaurant.

SugP
04-04-2005, 05:41 PM
True! Insanely jealous. How come there are ethnic restaurants in Dogpatch?? I ate at home. Can't remember what I had for lunch. Noodles with ketchup, I think. Steak and smashed potatoes for dinner. Thank goodness ds finally got to taste Spanish food.

I "did" Leslie (eew) again tonight. My goal now is three times a week for the rest of my life. PMS is making me balloon up into a waddling mass of crankiness.

Today I was at the supermarket at the crack of dawn to buy a sort of tiered plant stand thingie for our terrace. When I got home, I opened the package and was thrilled to find that there were 39 screws to screw in in order to assemble it. When I was finished, I had to unscrew them all again and do it over because I had done it wrong in the first place, of course, because I have no spatial ability whatsoever and the diagram only made me dizzy. But now it looks beeyuutiful and I will festoon it with pretty flowers.

Man, Kiwi, you are one patient nurse. When my dh has a cold he's just intolerable so I can't imagine what he'd be like if it was something serious like yours had. Hope he's up and running soon. Seems like men get hernias way more often that women, or am I wrong? Must be all that heavy lifting.

Must go to bed now because I swear I only slept about 3 hours last night. Ugh.

TPBM has insomnia big time.

Wabby
04-04-2005, 05:42 PM
I'm only jealous that you had lunch at a restaurant. I had a bowl of soup at my desk.

This hour change will be wonderful once I get used to it, but I'm sooooo tired today. It's possible that I'm tired because I worked in the yard all day Saturday and now I'm in pain all over. I'm moving like an old lady. youch.

DH caught a big salmon on Sunday!!! He's soooo happy and we ate yummy fish for Sunday dinner. He deserved it - he got up at 2:45 am on Sunday to fish.

Kiwi, you should be nominated for sainthood. Sick DH and days and days of rain. Argh.

Good that DS and Herbie had a good time together. You sound happy he's home. DS, not Herbie.

Hey Shuga, congrats on the Leslie walking. That is soooo good. I've got to get back to it.

My head feels all stuffed up like Painty's nose, but I don't have a cold. Hope you feel better, Painty.

Time for a nap.

Kiwonk
04-04-2005, 11:24 PM
I don't have insomnia. Today. Maybe I will tonight. Not likely. Usually I only have insomnia when I absolutely have to be up at a certain hour and will not be able to take a nap later. Like on Saturday. Couldn't sleep, got up at 6 am, drove and watched jazz bands and waited around interminably, drove, looked at puppies, shopped at I can't even bring myself to type it and bought a dress for $6, drove, watched more jazz bands, waited around, drove, shopped, drove. What a dopy day. That's the kind of day when I have insomnia, so I can be plenty exhausted all day long. Fun.

I am also jealous of the Turkish restaurant. Very jealous. I put together a sandwich with cheese, avocado and leftover bacon wrapped in a tortilla which turned out to be stale. It wasn't as good as it sounds. Even.

When my dh has a cold he's just intolerable so I can't imagine what he'd be like if it was something serious like yours had.It's a little easier to be sympathetic with this, but it does go onnnnnnnnn and onnnnnnnnnn. I asked him tonight what he was going to do with the rest of this week, and he has to do some taxes for his niece and nephew and then he "though he'd try to get into town to do a little walking". Eh? How about some job interviews, please? A little progress on this so called new house we are supposed to build? No? Too tiring? Poor dear. Not.

So glad DS had a good time in Spain. Did he bring you anything?

And so glad DH caught a salmon. Love fresh salmon.

Congrats on the walking and the plant stand building!

I'm in the throes of trying to reserve hotel rooms for our college tour. I thought I had this great choice in NY that wasn't too expensive and would save us all taking a train in and out of the city for 2 days, but I logged back in to reserve the rooms and suddenly they had no vacancy! No fair! Now I have to start all over.

Later gators.

TPBM would not let her kid go to college in NYC unless he/she got a full scholarship. (I'm way too accomodating)

Kiwi

Cowpernia
04-05-2005, 03:15 PM
False. If I could afford it I would. But I can't. So true.

Ds brought me a frog made of clay or something. Cute. Not chocolate though.

This is what I think of boy(s) ... they do not consider their moms when making plans. Ever. DS, for example, has a teacher who postponed a test and offered several choices for times to take it. DS chose 7 a.m. I start work at 9 a.m. I must drive him. I must get up WAY early. He could have taken it during the day. I know he could.

Speaking of dses, has anyone seen the Academy Award winning Spanish film "all About my mother"? I really like foreign films but here is the story:

Normal single mom and normal teenage boy go to a play for his birthday. He asks .. for a birthday gift .. to learn who his dad is. She promises to tell him later. Moments later, he is hit by a car and killed. She goes to Barcelona to see this dad for some reason who is a tranvestite-whore-man-with-breasts. Another person fitting that description is her best friend in Barcelona. Best friend wants to quit the whore business and get mom to pose as one so they can go together to a nun who has make helping whores her mission in life. Although we have seen the dad in the film, he manages to impregnante the nun. The film has other characters and subplots but this was too much for me.

TPBM loves Janus Film Festivals in her younger days.

Kiwonk
04-05-2005, 04:09 PM
Don't really know what they are, but I definitely liked to go to whatever film festivals or foreign films were showing. The summer after I grad. from college, I was still job hunting and I went to 60 movies in 2 months. Most of them were free.

I think that film sounds completely nuts.

Gotta go pick up kid.

Neither boys or girls consider their parents when making decisions, unless you make them. You know, like by standing over them when they are on the phone demanding to know what plans they are making. They love that. :lol:

I have a stomach-ache.

TPBM never makes food her family hates.

Kiwi

Bagzz
04-05-2005, 10:47 PM
i never make any food anymore so that won't work for me----except for the hamburger soup that we got from i think wabby from a weight watcher's site??? i really like that and make it at least twice a month=-------------------I AM SO TIRED---THAT EFFIN TIME CHANGE ALWAYS GETS ME-------------so glad ds is home peach---i hate it when they are away=----dd got a job next year at her dorm as an RA{residence assistant} it pays 4500 a year-----she has 7000 in renewable scholarships and her tuition and board is 11000 SSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo thank god for THAT!!! she will work all summer to make spending money and she really wants to avoid debt for the entire degree {business} we really cannot afford to send six kids to university so this kid paying her own way is saving the day. naturally she has to keep her marks up so the scholarships remain intact=============i am tired of :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: thinking about it but the other girls will all need help so we definitely will be shelling out for many years----dh says he feels bad that my dd is not getting "help" from us but i say good for her and it's not like we don't supply her with lots of petty cash----THESE KIDS HAVE TO LEARN HOW EXPENSIVE IT IS TO LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!====BLAH BLAH BLAH-----NOW I NEED TO KNOW IF THE PERSON BELOW ME USES READING GLASSES AND IF SHE FINDS THEM AS ANNOYING AS I DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :?: :?: :dizzy: :dizzy: :cool:

PainterWoman
04-05-2005, 11:18 PM
False. Husband refuses any vegetables that "squeak." (Read any vegetables that are not cooked into submission.) Children are more pliable (but I cooked for them for years, maybe DH just needs a bit more time.

MD gave me Rx nasal spray and antibiotics. Still wheezing. Outdoor temperature went from 80 to 50 with two rounds of hail in between.

Husband wondered why I'm not making more money.
I'm fat.
I'm mad at myself for enjoying my "part time" work status. Too bad I'm not living in the 50's where I was expected to stay home and be "crafty" and we'd live on the bread winnings he had. Actually, I don't want to live back in the 50's... but this isn't a bed of roses.

I have many extreme thoughts going through my head (and I even took my anti-depressant).... about NEVER eating anything "good" again, never "wasting" my time painting or drawing or knitting. Just putting my nose to the grindstone and working and working. Ceaselessly. I could be Cinderella with a fat arse and a BAAAAAAAAAAD Attitude.

Nobody likes a whiner. So... I'll sign off.

I wonder if I were thin if I'd stop slipping into the Slough of Despair.

TPBM things their bad days are worse than mine.

Cowpernia
04-06-2005, 11:04 AM
True. Mine are worse and I am whinnier. I just whine to myself. My Butt is Fatte. My hair looks like horror-movie wig stuff. My life is not what I want it to me.

But look at Jane Fonda. This is something seriously wrong with this woman. I remember years ago when she married Ted Turner, she was on TV saying that at their ages people would assume they didn't have much of a sex life but people would be very surprised. That is so creepy to say and now she's telling of her three-in-the-marriage-bed adventures with Roger Vadim and various women, many of whom were prostitutes. ANDDDD in Time Magazine, she explains to the reporter that the entryway to her woman is a (some female anatamy, I forget) and the hallway is a WOMB. She has painted it pink.

Back to me. I am, of course, terribly normal and dull.

TPBM find the Cathy comic strip more interesting than me.

Wabby
04-06-2005, 02:14 PM
Definitely not true. I don't really like comic strips. There are so few actually funny ones.

We're sinking back into the doldrums, cows. Is it the extended gray weather?? or the extended gray life?

I've eaten and eaten and I'm up 8 pounds. I can't believe I've done this to myself again. The sad news is that I still needed to lose 20 pounds, so now I have 28 pounds to lose. And I know that isn't that much compared to what some ppl struggle with, but that d*mn 28 pounds is the same amount I've struggled with for so long that I really wonder if I want to be overweight. Why else would I keep sabotaging myself????

And by the way, I don't want to look at Jane Fonda. I find her self absorbed and silly.

Painty, I'm sure my husband has often wondered why I don't make more money. I'm in a permanent support role. I'm what makes it possible for him to go make the money. It's not good for my ego, but it has been safe, and I'm all about that. Also, I think the competitive gene was missing in me. I just have such a hard time relating working hard and $$$$. Especially since I know some ppl who have gravy jobs and they're the ones who make the big bucks. The free marketplace makes no sense.

Kiwi, how could anything w/ bacon, avocado and cheese be anything but delicious? I think those are possibly my favorite foods.

DH actually made the comment that I don't keep the house clean - it's a long story on how it came up - and I just about went ballistic. We were sitting at the kitchen counter - the one he piles up w/ magazines and keys and mail and stuff. None of the things on the counter were mine, all his and DS's. I live w/ 2 very messy men and 2 big hairy dogs. DS and DH both smoke in the house even though I've asked them a zillion times not to. The reason the house wasn't clean was because I'd spent the previous weekend working in the yard instead of my usual marathon cleaning and laundry washing weekend. I can't tell you how depressed and po'ed his comment made me, because I'm hard enough on myself about keeping up with the mess. I work 4 to 5 days a week, I cook dinner almost every night, I've been painting my bedroom and bathroom with no help from anyone!!!! for the last month, and I've had insomnia from worrying about business cash flow at this stressful time of year (tax time). I'm effin tired, d*mn it. There. How do you like my whining? Do I have Painty and Peaches beat?

TPBM is shaking her head.

Cowpernia
04-06-2005, 02:52 PM
False. I am nodding.

I don't have a dh but the men I have had ... hmmm , Herbie ... had all these ideas on how I could do everything better include make more money. Herbie had ideas on I should eat more (what he liked), exercise less (because he said I did it wrong!) and still get thin and non-flabby.

Then DS..... my house stays a mess but while he was gone, I cleaned up the d*MN*D LR all nice and straight and now it has piles of books on the FLOOR, jackets on furniture, etc.

Kiwi .. I need your help printing something. It just won't go. Email me and fix it.

TPBM can easily name five good things about men.

Kiwonk
04-06-2005, 05:01 PM
I'm answering Bagz' question: Yes, I use reading glasses and they totally annoy the crap out of me!I AM SO TIRED---THAT EFFIN TIME CHANGE ALWAYS GETS ME It's wiped me out too; I was doing pretty well getting to sleep earlier, but the time change blew it, I'm back to square one.dd got a job next year at her dorm as an RA{residence assistant} it pays 4500 a year-----You must be so proud of her!! Being an RA is a good job, I would think, since you don't have to commute, and you probably don't have all that many obligations that go with it.
MD gave me Rx nasal spray and antibiotics. Still wheezing. Outdoor temperature went from 80 to 50 with two rounds of hail in between........
I wonder if I were thin if I'd stop slipping into the Slough of Despair.Isn't it weird that a change in the weather makes you sick? It does me too, although not as much as it used to.

Here's a depressing thought (hey, you're already depressed :shrug: ) - several years ago my mother, who has been overweight for most of her adult life, went on a very effective diet and lost a whole lot of weight, enough to make her really look a lot different, so I'm pretty sure she was very close to her goal. She got severely depressed as a result. She has never been depressed before, at least not that she recognized. She says that working through it, she believes that losing the weight made her uncover a whole lot of emotional issues that she had covered up by being fat. Doesn't that suck?
Kiwi, how could anything w/ bacon, avocado and cheese be anything but delicious? Well, that's what I thought. Go figure.

I'm p-o'ed at your DH, Wab. That is so grossly unfair. I wonder what would happen if you told him that you have decided to quit one or 2 of your jobs. I.E. make him choose what he really values. I mean, anyone else could quit their job if they really wanted, but you are saddled with 2 jobs you can't quit! That's just wrong.

TPBM thinks I need a shower. And is right. But is too nice to say so.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
04-06-2005, 05:08 PM
Here's 5 good things about men:

They are usually good at moving things, if you give them directions.
They don't notice details or where things are, so they probably won't eat your stash of junk food if you put it behind something.
They can usually be easily pleased by either feeding or sex.
They get paid more than women, so can be financially useful.
They are bigger than women, so you can hide behind them in case of gunfire.

Kiwi

Wabby
04-06-2005, 05:51 PM
Yes to Bagz eyeglass question - I hate reading glasses! I especially hate working on the puter w/ them, because I need them for reading my paperwork, but then I don't need them for the puter, and I always mess up and look thru them at the wrong time. I also hate them because they are always dirty because my unusually long eyelashes smudge them up. (I was batting my eyes when I said that).

I'll be back to tell you the 5 good things about men. I can't now because a couple of them just got back to the shop.

OK. They left again. Hmmmm. The 5 good things.....

1. They're good for getting up in the middle of the night to investigate if you hear a scary noise.
2. They're good to have around when the sump pump goes out in the basement and it floods.
3. They're useful if your septic system backs up and you need someone to deal w/ it.
4. It's nice to have one to call if your car has mechanical problems.
5. They're very nice for s*x.

Cowpernia
04-06-2005, 10:04 PM
I wear expensive real glasses with multi-range-lenses and they're great. At first I thought I wouldn't want to keep them on and since they cost $$$$ I put chains on them but the chains wore them out and they "temple pieces" (real term) kept coming off so now I wear them always until night when I get out the READING GLASSES and I'm happy with it.

I used to go to the dollar store and buy handfuls of reading glasses. I was fine with that too. Used to hang them in the neck of my shirt. Very redneck,eh?

Kiwonk
04-07-2005, 03:22 AM
Really? I thought it was jaunty. Shows you what a redneck I am.

Kiwonk
04-07-2005, 03:24 AM
By the way, nice cowbell.

Wabby
04-07-2005, 12:57 PM
This is what I'm mad about today ---- DH wants to hire a kid to help him prune our apple trees. This would be fine if it were January or February when you're supposed to prune the apple trees, but in April all my plants that are under the apple trees are already out of the ground and growing. Delicate things like hosta and bleeding heart. If he prunes now everything will be destroyed. He has no appreciation for my gardening. If it were up to him everything would be shrubs and barkdust. This is p*ssing me off even more than the housecleaning comment. I take back #5 on the list, because that won't be happening anytime soon.

I'm too mad to think of a TPBM.

Kiwonk
04-07-2005, 02:50 PM
That's okay. The steam coming from your eyeballs is obscuring your message. :lol: I know the feeling. Once my DH rented one of those bushhogs and took it upon himself to mow down every wild raspberry bush that was growing along a fence. They were loaded with unripe raspberries; I'd been watching them for a month.

I have finished planning dd's college tour. I think I'd better get out and do some walking so I can actually participate in it -- it's going to be a killer week.

This Saturday is our State Vocal Jazz Fest -- dd's show choir will be performing again. She has a solo that I haven't heard. This independence thing is so nerve-wracking.

TPBM is looking at stack and stacks of unsorted paper junk.

Kiwi

PainterWoman
04-07-2005, 09:00 PM
TRUE TRUE TRUE. How did you know? :p
Wabbs-- you have a better whine than me. I don't make much. I know I "could/should/ought" to work more/harder. I just don't like to! Talk about spoiled. :( Poor hubby. It's MY stuff that gets strewn everywhere. Fortunately his primo girlfriend after his divorce was EVEN messier than me. Comparisons have their uses.
I've just spent practically the whole d*mned day straightening out bank accounts/Quicken and paying as many bills as I had money for. Which wasn't all of them. I planned to stay home and regain energy from sinus allergy treatment/antibiotics. I want a big dish of icecream... with or without avocado, bacon and whatever that 3rd thing was.
Kiwi-- Sorry your mom got MORE depressed after her weight loss. My mom sort of went anorexic the year she discovered I was sexually active (I'll spare you the Jane Fonda-esque details... :o ) and just started drinking more. (my Mom drank, not me.) It wasn't really a plus for her. I recommend y'all read The Fat Girls Guide to Life. That gal has the right attitude. 28#s, Wabbs? Why that's barely overweight let alone MORBIDLY OBESE, like me.
Oh dear, I'm working myself into a "state." I'm getting PO'd.
Baggz-- congrats on having enterprising daughter. I think RA's are good about assuming responsibility and being organized. I've got a friend here who turned it into "Student life administrator" or some such title and now works for the national office of a high-class Sorority...
Cowpeach, I have handfuls of $1.00 reading glasses too (my favorite pair now leaves the bridge of my nose green... I guess you do get what you pay for). AND I stick 'em in my blouse/sweater/cleavage when I'm not wearing 'em. Rather like the denial some people have about how a sweater tied around their derriere makes them look smaller, I think the glasses draw attention to one of my better features. um. Two of my better features. I prefer to think of it as practical rather than redneck.
I need a drink. Between here and the kitchen I'll decide whether it's gonna be water or Scotch.

TPBM had such a terrific day she's sorry she's associated with this group. :cry:

SugP
04-08-2005, 03:46 AM
False!!! I could NEVER be sorry for associating with this group. Every single one of you are fabulous, cranky or not. Peachy - I LOVE your cow bell!

My day has only just started and I am typing away in my bathrobe thinking about showering because ds12 has a 2 hour orthodontist appointment at 10 a.m. to get his brand spankin' new braces on. He's freaking out, of course which isn't looking pretty combined with the 12-yr-old eye-rolling attitude.

Yesterday, along with a teacher and two other mother's I accompanied 23 third graders to the natural history museum where we were all loud and shoved and punched each other incessantly and made plaster casts of ammonite fossils. Tons o' fun.

Jane Fonda is free to have sex as often as she likes and with whomever(s) she likes, but she SHOULD NOT under any circumstances tell us about it because we do not need to know. I used to like her but now I think she's a silly twit. I think I saw pictures of her womb-like house somewhere. Ugh.

Wabby! I hear you on the absolutely no regard for tender new shoots department. And don't even get me started about complaints about the house being clean!! Arghhh! I'm *sure* that someone squished my white bleeding heart a couple of years ago because it never came back.(ooh,if you took this sentence out of context it could have an entirely different meaning, I suppose). And the poor hostas - getting the tips of their leaves broken right off. For shame! They stomp around all over the flowers playing soccer and mash everything into the ground with their giant feet and then afterwards they say they didn't know there was a plant growing there. How's your succulent creation going? I'd love to see a picture of that. I'm going to plant succulents in my strawberry pot this year.

Must go get beautiful now. If I can't be thin, then I can at least be gorgeous, right? Has anyone ever used one of those at home highlighting/streaking kits and not ended up looking like a zebra/Priscilla Presley?

TPBM thinks we should start regular "this is what I'm mad about today" posts.

Wabby
04-08-2005, 02:15 PM
I looove the idea of everyone posting "what I'm mad about today", but some days I'm not mad. Some days I'm all Pollyanna-ish. I do love to read a good rant, though, no matter what my mood.

Paintypants, I know that my measly 28 pounds is a ridiculous amount to whine over, but thats exactly whats ridiculous - it's only 28 flippin' pounds and I can't figure out why I don't just take it off, keep it off and quit wasting my time obsessing over it. Instead, I build it up into a big deal that I manage to make myself miserable over. Stupid. Makes me think I must really want to be miserable.

I've accepted the fact that DH is just going to have to prune those d*mn trees, so I'm rounding up 5 gallon buckets to upend over each and every plant and then I'm going to stand there all day and supervise. And it really doesn't matter if he can appreciate my garden - I do and I love working in it so that's what matters. I haven't even gotten started on the succulent project, Sugar. That will be after I get things weeded and mulched. Maybe by next October. Maybe.

TPBM really needs a compliment today.

Cowpernia
04-08-2005, 02:51 PM
False. I would not feel it was sincere today. My pants are tight and I'm eating eating eating. My workday starts at 9 a.m but I've been here since 7:10 a.m. because DS had to take a test at 7 a.m. Let me repeat AAAA MMMMM.

DS is not considerate like Bagzieettes are .

Wabby please post pictures of DH trying to prune the trees while you're obstructing him with buckets. That would cheer me up.

My pants are tight and I'm still eating.

I have a job interview Tuesday. Positive thoughts please.

Bye.

TPBM is afraid of EFFIN spiders.

Kiwonk
04-08-2005, 04:22 PM
Yeah, I'm afraid of the EFFIN ones. You know, the ones that are so big that you have to call in the exterminator. The ones that are so huge you can see their eyes glaring at you, daring you to try to kill them.

I like the idea of a What I'm Mad About Today. It could be an alternative to TPBM. Or something.

Your museum trip sounds like a real hoot, Sug. Or a hootenanny.

I am incensed that you had to be at work at 7:10am today, Cowp. I hope you didn't actually work the whole time.

I'm with Sugar on the pics of you thwarting the insane pruner, Wab. That would be fun.

Guess what I did this morning?? I had DD drop me off 2 miles from home, on her way to school. And I walked home (duh). :dance: It took me over 45 minutes. And it was boring, even though it was a gorgeous sunny day. But I did it. If I'd brought a bag, I could have picked up at least a dozen refundable cans.

Here's the stupidest photo you've probably ever seen. I will say it's not the stupidest photo I've ever taken, though.

TPBM has not seen sunshine in a week, poor baby. :sunny:

Kiwi

Cowpernia
04-08-2005, 04:25 PM
Yes I have and what is that picture? A dead goat? Llama? Some kind of road kill.

That's it. I have nada else to day.

What I am really mad about is my tight britches.

Kiwonk
04-08-2005, 04:58 PM
I don't blame you. That's why I wear loose ones.

It's a natural snow sculpture.

Wabby
04-08-2005, 06:04 PM
Well, I've only seen a couple little sun breaks this week. Other than that it's been gray, gray and more gray. I'm sooooo getting paid back for gloating about our sunshine last month.

Effin spiders don't really bother me. I don't mind effin snakes either. It's the effin mice that give me the willies. Eeeeek!

Sugar, I think I went on that same museum trip about 14 years ago. Just hearing about it made me want to take a nap.

Good luck on your job interview, Peach. Have a lovely weekend the rest of you cowsies. Tomorrow I turn 49. And thats what I'm mad about today.

Cowpernia
04-09-2005, 07:52 AM
I'm mad that I didn't know it was Wabbo's birthday.

Bagz, what are your girls majoring in? Since all of Canada is talented, is it performing arts? Your family is the most talented but lots of Canadians are on tv here I think.

I know it's too early to talk but I'm awake, my eye itches and so I got up. When do we discuss the Mermaid Chair? I'm on chapter 5 or 6. It's short.

TPBM is effin mad. Period

Bagzz
04-09-2005, 09:20 AM
one dd is in arts and the youngest dd {first year} is in Business/Commerce.I HAVE A GIANT HEADACHE AND IT'S MAKING ME VERRRRRRRRRRRY MAD!!!!----WE HAVE HAD SUN OFF AND ON ALL WEEK---NOW IT'S ON. I NEED PILLS--- i was watching the royal wedding but it's boring compared to the one i watched in the middle of the night in 1981!!!!now THAT was fantastic. effin spiders--------- i hate any effin bugs---but since it's gardening season-----------I HATE EFFIN SLUGS AND CUTWORMS!!!!!-HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY WABBY DARLING---HAVE A GREAT ONE!!!!

Kiwonk
04-09-2005, 11:03 AM
:hb: :dance: :flow2: :hb: :sunny: :balloons: :hb: :gift: :cheers: :hb:

Hey, I'm mad about being 49 too! So here's to us!

i was watching the royal wedding but it's boring compared to the one i watched in the middle of the night in 1981!!!!now THAT was fantastic. I did that too -- spent the night at my then-boyfriend's mother's house so I could watch it on a color TV. It were a good'un.

Today's the big day for dd and her show choir. She left at 6am, we are leaving momentarily (well, maybe I should shower first..) Wish her luck. I haven't seen her solo yet; I'm going to be nervous. She also has a lift (dancing) that the dance teacher said they should leave out :eek: but they practiced it some more and are doing it. This bunch of kids is just fearless. Unlike their poor mothers.

Later gators.

TPBM got up on the right side of the bed for a change. :D

Kiwi

Bagzz
04-09-2005, 11:38 PM
OHHHHHHHHHH!!! CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR ABOUT DD'S PERFORMANCES!!! GOOD LUCK DEAR GIRL!!!! {AND MAMMA TOOOO!!!} tbpm is skipping mass tomorrow and will light a candle for the pope at her home.{????}

PainterWoman
04-10-2005, 02:56 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Beautiful Wabby!

False. I haven't been a mass goer, ever, so I'm not skipping it. Church has pretty much fizzled for me (long story) so I'm not even feeling guilty about that. And the only thing that gets me to light candles at home are power failures and the promise of a GREAT cabernet at dinner.

WIAMAT: I am mad that I let my self go so long and so badly. I am mad that other people can have "issues" that don't show. I am mad that changing my food/eating/weight will probably make my "issues" even MORE OBVIOUS. Acccccck.

Look ma, I'm part of a group! I feel SO included. Much less lonely.

[COLOR=Sienna]I want to know what the photo of the brown lump actually represented. It looked wooly.

Kiwonk
04-10-2005, 04:03 AM
The brown lump represented spring. It was formed by a melting snowbank which was pretty dirty. I have bizarre tastes.

The performance was AWESOME!!!!! DD did an amazing job on her solo -- it's just too bad it was so short!! It was just one verse of Piano Man.Now John at the bar is a friend of mine
He gets me my drinks for free
And he's quick with a joke or to light up your smoke
But there's someplace that he'd rather be
Yeah, that's all! I'm sure her grandparents will be oh so proud to hear the words she is singing, but I don't care. She also did some great dancing; her lift went without a hitch -- one of the guys lifted her to sit on his shoulder. The whole group did a great job; they sounded great. They only got 3rd place out of 4 in their division, but it is so hard to break into the top 2 because the top 2 schools are bigger and better funded. So I'm very proud of DD's group. They did get an award for best rhythm section -- all the show choirs have a live combo to accompany them. Most of them are all students, and usually only piano, drums and electric bass. That is what DD's group had, but they featured the piano player in the center towards the back of their set -- because of course he was the Piano Man!, with the other two separated from him on either side. And they were amazing, especially the piano player (who is the guy who is taking DD to the prom). Most of the other show choirs had their rhythm section off to the side behind a screen, but hey! there's no rule against having them onstage, and it really worked for a set of Billy Joel songs.

'Twas excellent. We also went out to eat at a new Chinese Buffet restaurant, that was very good. Although I did manage to stuff myself. But you know if you're going to set me loose for a fixed price in an entire ROOM full of food, you must know I will go home stuffed.

TPBM wants video.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
04-10-2005, 04:05 AM
P.S. I just got an email from someone I know that contained the phrase "Ricky tooked the photos". Brilliant.

Lush
04-10-2005, 10:47 AM
Hi all,
I would love a video. Kiwi, the show sounds great. Is she going to continue with performance after she leaves hs?
Happy birthday Wabby. pEACHEZ, did I miss your day? Happy happy if so.
I could rant about this stupid science fair, but I don't have time. I no longer pretend that the boys do the board with me. I just do it. This makes me a model parent because many, many don't let their kids do the experiment or the report, either. It doesn't matter,we never win. To win you have to donate a ton of $$$ to the school and I'm too cheap.

Bagzie, I loved the 1981 wedding, too. He should just step down and let Wills be the next king.

Update on me: my house is no longer oatmeal and cream? It hasn't been for about a year.

I hope the interview works out, too. Though I suspect that all jobs suck in their own special way.

Painty, I'm pretty sick of having issues, too. All I can say about people whose issues don't show is...yes they do. They just show in more socially acceptable (usually nasty) ways. These ways are far more destructive to the people around them. I have cut myself off completely from my family except for my cousin Patty. It has changed my life.

I also wear $1.00 glasses. I buy them 10 at a time. DH went to see about getting the surgery but he is not a good candidate because he is an old fart.

I'm having company today, I should do something.
XXOO
TPBM(I feel that because I am so infrequent I am intruding on someone else's joke)
BUT TPBM is still remembering that no matter how unattractive her issues are, they aren't half as icky as Jane Fonda's.

Cowpernia
04-10-2005, 03:49 PM
So true Lush-patron-saint-of-sojourners.

Went to church this day and loved it. They had lunch. DS and I ate with two other single women, one of whom writes rabid letters to the editor about good-Bush bad-Democrats. She has brilliant children and gave us information. And she said that "College is a pretty good environment if you aren't bothered by liberal idiocy." I replied "there is conservative idiocy, too" but that did not over well. She clammed up and refused to agree. Lunch was yummy.

I have read all about Pope John Paul in Time magazine and now like him very much. "He was the best pope the Jews ever had," they said. Plus, he apologized for the inquisition and other pushy stuff.

TPBM wants to know what colors Lush is using now and why she didn't tell us in the first place.

Kiwonk
04-10-2005, 04:20 PM
Ain't that the truth. I saw her on Letterman though, and there wasn't the slightest mention of her icky early orgy mess. She talked about the North Vietnam stuff, and it reminded me of several other well known people who have been exploited/used by the "enemy" in the past. I feel sorry for her in that way, because I can see how a person who wants so earnestly to do something positive could let that cloud their judgment and then they get in over their heads before they realize what they've really done. I guess, unlike me and Jane Fonda, most of America doesn't make mistakes.

I could rant about this stupid science fair, but I don't have time. I no longer pretend that the boys do the board with me. I just do it. This makes me a model parent because many, many don't let their kids do the experiment or the report, either. It doesn't matter,we never win. To win you have to donate a ton of $$$ to the school and I'm too cheap. Good grief, that's despicable! Someone should organize a rebellion. Not you, you have enough on your plate. A big boycott would be fun. In our school, they only have the science fair for one grade level, so the pain is short-lived.

Yes, DD is very interested in pursuing music beyond h.s., but isn't sure about majoring in it because she has a lot of other interests as well. This summer she is taking a 3 week course in political philosophy or something at Brown. She thinks she might major in Poli Sci or International Relations. But she keeps taking up new instruments, and writing songs, recording things, playing with other kids. A few weeks ago, a teacher who works with the local access TV station (a very new enterprise mostly run by teenagers) filmed her playing 2 of her own songs and they've been running them frequently enough for people to be stopping her at school and around town to comment. I haven't seen it because we don't have cable. I suspect she would like to have 2 college careers, one where she does nothing but music and one where she does everything else!

Blah blah I do go on and on. What did I tell you about Sunday afternoons? :blah:

I should be outside. I could um, play in the mud or something.

TPBM thinks that on a scale of ICK, Jane comes in third behind Michael Jackson and Charles/Camilla.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
04-10-2005, 04:29 PM
Oh, yes, I want to know what color Lush's house is too!

This is how long it takes me to post a message :rolleyes:
Today 02:49 PM
Cowpernia
Today 03:20 PM
Kiwonk

Cowpernia
04-10-2005, 04:41 PM
False. She's ahead of Charles/Carmella.

I'm confused about the speed of message posting. Are you fast or slow?

Lush is right, of course, that all jobs suck in their way. However, when you have a boss who gives you papers to FAX and instructs you THREEEEEEEEE times to take the staples out before you FAX them, EFFFIN beat that! And this in front of a person who was there to interview her.

TPBM didn't know that in Barcelona they speak Castellano and not Spanish.

PainterWoman
04-11-2005, 04:09 AM
True. Like most Amer-cans I am mono-lingual. :(
I am achy. Between yesterday's walk and gardening, I will ache when I get to sleep... I hope that it means my muscles are getting strong and elastic.
More tomorrow. I am falling asleep on the keyboard! :lol:

Cow-- I FINISHED The Mermaid Chair. Recommend it highly-- great story and writing.

TPBM would like to completely change her life: Job/marital status or partner

SugP
04-11-2005, 06:01 AM
True, true and true. However, "would like to" is the key phrase here. There's lots of stuff I'd LIKE to do which I can't or won't do. So here I sit, cranky as h*ll, wondering where life's going to take me next. And I think I know the answer: nowhere. Quick, someone cheer me up!!!! Must run out and look at all the perky daffodils.

No cheap reading glasses for me. I am blind as a bat. My glasses cost 400 and they stay on my face all the time because I'm so afraid of losing them.

TPBM feels like cr*p every morning when she wakes up.

Wabby
04-11-2005, 01:23 PM
Are you talking physically or mentally? oh, doesn't matter because the answer to both is yes. Actually mentally is a yes on work days - I'm having a harder and harder time dragging myself into the office.

Sugar, I wear the cheap reading glasses and contact lenses.

Painty - don't tell me about the mermaid chair yet. I haven't even gotten around to buying it.

Isn't Carmella a candy bar?

Wouldn't you know it, Lush is no longer cream and oatmeal, and my bedroom recently changed to Taupe and cream. I'm always a step behind being in fashion.

It sucks to be me. DS chose my birthday to get an ugly tatoo on his arm, DD didn't even call me, and DH spent the day telling me how bad he felt because he didn't even get me a card, much less a gift. Don't even get me going on my extended family. And the worst part of it is - I'm sssssob, 49 now.

TPBM thinks it's silly to whine about birthdays.

PainterWoman
04-11-2005, 01:44 PM
True--The problem with whining about birthdays is you can't stop 'em from coming.

But... it isn't silly at all to whine about FAMILY MEMBERS DISAPPOINTING/IGNORING/ANNOYING you.

My DS has 3 tatoos now. (Curious George, a WildThing and "veritas." No ghoulies so far. AND his girl friend has 3, as well. I hope there won't be more. At least they don't show unless he's relatively stripped down. (He still hasn't shown them to his dad. Hmm. DD had 4 year lesbian relationship which I knew about... but she didn't tell Dad until AFTER they broke up. You think maybe their Dad is a bit hard to talk to? D'oh!)

I won't talk more about Mermaid chair until somebody's read it. :D
Am going to start E. Berg's The Art of Mending... anybody game?

Ok... better get some work done... and have my second mini meal of the day.

Multiple meals during the day are odd. I'm sort of hungry all the time, but never REALLY hungry or REALLY full... and food just sort of isn't as "important" as it had gotten to be.

TPBM wants to stay home for a week with Haagen Dazz and Netflix and the delibery guy.

SugP
04-11-2005, 03:41 PM
False! I'd be happy just to stay home ALONE for a week with nobody, including the delivery man, to bug me.

And I can't believe I forgot to wish Wabby a HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! It registered, and then it flew right out of my brain again. Sorry, Wabs. WORD on the dhs forgetting special occasions. On my last birthday dh didn't get me flowers, claiming "they didn't have any". Good excuse, pal. I was still fuming from The Mother's Day Incident too so it was pretty tense. You don't look a day over 40!! :D

TPBM uses a magic marker for her tattoos.

Bagzz
04-11-2005, 05:07 PM
my tatoos are etched into my face--they are a lovely montage of crow's feet.Very festive.they are skin colour and grow and when i need more they appear overnight.SHUGA!!!! not to be a wet blanket,but the ex-dh and i broke up shortly after he forgot my birthday---i remember i wanted the bonnie raitt "TAPE" and he said "they don't have any" and i went down to the K-MART which was just down the street and bought it myself cause guess what --"THEY DID HAVE SOME" HEE---now i'm not saying you and wabby ought to dump yer husbands {has-beens} BUT i would tell them my little story!!!!!needless to say,i may need more info before i start pushing 'divorce' as a viable solution to a problem!!kiwonkers!!!! you MUST figure out a way for us to hear one of dd's recordings!!!! YOU ARE THE COMPUTER WHIZ----PUT A CLIP ON "YOU SENDIT" COME ON!!!!! FIGURE IT OUT ALREADY~!!!!-------------wabby0-0===what did you want for your birthday---you do realize you have to order these things up ,right???!!!!! ---------TBPM wants to go to Tuscany with me and taste wines.

Wabby
04-11-2005, 07:58 PM
Ooooo, ooooo, me! me! I wanna go!

Bagzie, the part that just kills me is that DH mentioned several times how "bad" he felt because he hadn't gotten me a gift or even a card. The effin Hallmark store is 3 minutes away from our house. I told him I thought that he actually wanted me to feel sorry for him, because he felt so guilty. I have to admit that between this and the dirty house comment he made, I'm having fantasies about a little clean apartment all to myself. Not that I'm serious, but a girl can dream. :lol:

My pants seem to have shrunk.

Ooops. I seem to have repeated myself. Oh well, that old timers disease is kickin' in.

My sil (the one I visited in AZ) just had that little frown muscle between her eyes snipped so that she doesn't have to have botox injected all the time. Also had a little mini eye lift. I think I'll keep my saggy baggy face - at least I can still look p*ssed off when I want to. Can you imagine not being able to frown?

TPBM could care less about Tuscany, but could use a good bottle of wine.

Kiwonk
04-11-2005, 10:48 PM
Ah, whole page of lovely messages to read through!! Wabbit, I dont' get along with wine too well, but I will bring you a bottle and bring a six pack of Mike's or something for me. I wish. You know, I really thought when I got around to being nearly 50, I'd be able to afford to go visit people once in a while. Instead, I can't afford to do as much as I could 5 years ago. Tain't fair. If DH doesn't get off his arse pretty soon, I'm going to have to start looking for a job around this godforsaken wilderness, where I have almost no job experience and an ancient resume. I suppose that won't matter much if I'm applying to McDonald's though, huh? :mad:

Actually I would like to go to Tuscany. But instead I will be sending my kid to France. And stuff.

You know, Bagz, I realize I could just point you all to DD's MySpace page, where she has uploaded 2 of her original songs and a cover of another artist. Not the same as video, but these are recordings that she did herself onto the computer. They are quite good. Some guy who runs a "podcast" just sent her an email to ask if he could broadcast her songs. Before you know it, she'll be a star, right? I'll send out the url.

I haven't bought Mermaid Chair yet either. I will go look at the liberry.

I would like to change my life too. Is there a class? I don't feel the need to change my marital status, but I wouldn't mind a major alteration to job and partner. Not so much the identity of said, but he really needs some fixing. I was going to say he really needs work, but then I would have to add "in more ways than one". So I said fixing and come to think of it, that would be in more ways than one too. You suppose that would do any good? :lol:

Well, I sent out the url. Go check your inbox.

TPBM wants to know what that hand at the front of the photo is doing.

Kiwi

SugP
04-12-2005, 03:56 AM
True. What IS that hand doing?

Not so much the identity of said, but he really needs some fixing. I was going to say he really needs work, but then I would have to add "in more ways than one". So I said fixing and come to think of it, that would be in more ways than one too. You suppose that would do any good? :lol:

Ahem. Nope, it doesn't do any good. Just makes 'em worse. We had dh fixed over a year ago and all I hear now is "But Mausi, I did it for youuuuuuuuuu!" :p

Bagzie! Good breakup story! I'm sure there was a lot more leading up to it than forgetting your birthday, but I guess that was the last straw for you. I'm nowhere near that, and going out and getting a new dh would be just too much darned trouble right now so I suppose I'll have to stick with the one I've got for the time being. At least he has a job and can do home repairs. :lol:

Wabby
04-12-2005, 01:44 PM
Kiwi, I can't get any sound out of that website - the little bar thingies jump up and down so I know it's playing, but no sound.

I'm going to keep the DH I have too. I don't have enough energy at this point to trade him in. Besides, when he's good he's very, very good. He's just off track lately.

I'm going to have to buy Mermaid Chair - the library has 20 copies and 180 holds. I'm not that patient.

I would like everyone to post a bunch today. It's rainy and gray and I need to be entertained.

Cowpernia
04-12-2005, 01:54 PM
I haven't got sound out of it yet either. No. I did. I heard a bar or two on guitar. It's that my puter is too slow and both of my work ones are without speakers. I will persevere though.

Had a job interview this morning. So far so good. Another interview to follow.

In the meantime, I am getting fat. REally. I am eating and eating and not feelng guilty. Right now I had YooHoo and Peanut Butter crackers on my desk. Later, I will lose weight. Right now I need comfort. I can not get through these interviews feeling deprived. I would be gloomy and nervous.

I am trying to think of something else to say to entertain Wabby. I am several chapters into the Mermaid book and so far not liking it. I did reallly really like the other book she wrote though so I guess this will change.

Love you all. Waddling away, Peachie

TPBM doesn't know what YooHoo is.

SugP
04-12-2005, 04:19 PM
True. How on earth did you know, Peachy? Is it like a Twinkie or a Ho Ho or an Eskimo Pie? You just go ahead and eat. You need proper nourishment to get through those interviews with a clear head. YooHoos sound like brain food to me. They will help you on your journey.

Got through and hour at the library this morning and three straight hours of tutoring this afternoon and tomorrow I am FREE. Well, except for the man-size pile of laundry and a bunch of garden work to do, but I can do that without having to talk to a single soul if I don't want to. That's a good thing. Too many people just suck the life out of me.

Wabby, I wish I could think of something to entertain you, but I'm fresh out. Will be back if I think of anything remotely interesting.

TPBM is a lot more entertaining than I'll ever be.

Cowpernia
04-12-2005, 04:26 PM
False. You fascinate me with your adorableness.

YooHoo is a chocolate drink. No norishment. Yummy.

I want to know what everyone's fav movie is as I now subscribe to BlockBuster online and don't know what to put in queue.

Moo.

TPBM can translate Sugar's signature into English

Bagzz
04-12-2005, 04:29 PM
is it some kind of DRINK??? yoooohooooooooooooo are you thereeeeeeeee???? tell us about the new job---is it more interesting???need to know!!---guess what ----they put up the garden centre at the grocery store today while it was SNOWING!!!!! EFF!!!----I LOVE THAT YOU ARE ALL SWEARING INTERMITTENTLY----IT MAKES MY DAY!!!---- kiwiette sounded GORGEOUS ON my computer---absolutely gorgeous!!!! can't wait to say " i know her"!!!! i am going to make spicy pasta sauce for supper---it uses cayenne pepper and bacon!!!! i LOVe IT EVEN THOUGHT IT USES BACON {OR MORE BECAUSE OF IT!!}

Cowpernia
04-12-2005, 04:40 PM
Yes I am three you hateful olf effin cow!!! How do you like that now??? You and your garden! Are you hiding young guys in there like in that book Lolita where the old guy and the Lilita put flowers in each other pubic hair? Effin shocking, you are.

What is your favorite movie?

TPBM is taking my side against Bugz.

Cowpernia
04-12-2005, 04:40 PM
p.s. I want that spicy pasta sauce.

Wabby
04-12-2005, 05:06 PM
No way - I'm neutral.

My DS drinks Yoo-hoos sometimes. Are you sure there is nothing nutritious in them? no milk?

I'm fat too Peach. I've gone beyond that feeling when you get a little extra fat on yer back that jiggles. Now I can feel that extra fat pad between the thighs that makes your shorts bunch up. I'm using food as my drug of choice. I stopped at Starbucks this morning and bought a pumpkin scone w/ a latte, and for lunch I drove out of my way for my favorite foot long hotdog w/ special coney sauce & onions. I'm washing it down w/ a diet coke so it's all good. Moving on to the last of the Easter chocolate. We went out to dinner friday night, saturday night, I made a big italian dinner for Grandpa Jim's birthday on Sunday, and we went out for dinner monday night.

We watched Spanglish on DVD, Peach. I think you should rent that one. I really liked it - Adam Sandler in a dramatic role and he was surprisingly good. Also Finding Neverland was very good too. Those are my picks.

DS's friend who stayed and stayed w/ us last spring had a demo made of one of his songs. I was absolutely shocked because he was so good and I never even knew he could sing - plus he'd written the song and it was beautiful in a really depressing way, and I had no idea he had that in him. Being a person w/ no musical talent I'm always amazed when I hear someone who does. I'm still trying to figure out why I can't get Kiwiette's songs to play.

I think a day w/ laundry and gardening in solitude sounds wonderful, Sugar. I actually enjoy folding nice warm clothes fresh out of the dryer.

I'm going to get this desk cleared. Keep on entertaining - you're all doing great. Especially all that dirty talk that Peach is going on with.

TPBM is wearing her biggest size clothes and they're feeling snug.

Kiwonk
04-12-2005, 05:29 PM
Oh, you had to say that, didn't you? Yeah, me too. And Wabbit, PUT DOWN THE CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!!

Bagz, send her the pasta sauce. Goodness, we can't have her swearing at her job interviews.

Sugar was right -- YooHoo is brain food. Chocolate "drink" -- defies description (http://www.drinkyoo-hoo.com/about/history.html).

DD says that if you can't hear the music on her MySpace page, you could download the songs onto your own computer. I can't get the songs to play all the way through on the page with my slow modem, so that's usually the problem. Wab, if you're getting the bars moving, it should be playing -- check your speakers and your volume.

Hey I walked yesterday morning! 2 miles! Not today, though. Do you think vacuuming is aerobic?

Oh geez. Favorite movies? That's rawther large category. Modern Times, the Charlie Chaplin movie. King of Hearts, but I know you've seen that. American Beauty, but if you're anything like my dh, you'll hate it. Oh! Have you seen Amelie? It's French, and it is absolutely charming, that one I think you will love.

I'll think of more later.

TPBM wants a brass Christmas ornament with Mt. Katahdin on it.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
04-12-2005, 05:29 PM
True. And I'm buying more clothes in the same size so they effin don't fit either and I feel like a old cow pig in teenybopper calf clothing. Boy, would I like some pasta with hot sauce. Yumm. Soon I will eat a big old fast food dinner to prepare myself for the meeting tonight where I will sit on the back row and route people to the sign-in sheet. This Effin job is so menial compared to what I used to do. But it pays more. What's a cow to do?

I would send Bagz a six-pack of yoohoo but I still rEMEMBER with hostility how the boiled peanuts I send went into (and prolly ruined) her compost heap. Salt. Compost. No good.

I hate Adam Sandler but will try that movie. I may have seen the other one. Whos' in it?

We need those old people who were good to swear at. June and gang. Sugar's friends.

TPBM once thought Canadians didn't swear.

Cowpernia
04-12-2005, 05:32 PM
About Kiwi's post .... true. Where can I get one?

I need movies I can watch with DS. American Beauty? I will look into Amelie though. Seen the others.

Kiwonk
04-12-2005, 05:36 PM
My mother thought Meet the Fockers was hilarious. I haven't seen it yet.

DS would get a kick out of Shaun of the Dead -- I thought it was a scream, but if you are freaked out by zombie movies, it would not be for you.

Kath

Kiwonk
04-12-2005, 05:44 PM
DD has them for sale Peachie. $5 plus postage.

Yeah, don't watch American Beauty with DS. Watch Fahrenheit 9/11 and Supersize Me instead. And definitely Amelie.

Oh have you seen Shakespeare in Love? That's one of my favorites.

k.

Wabby
04-12-2005, 08:26 PM
Johnny Depp and Kate Winslet are in Finding Neverland. Very good to watch w/ DS. I don't like Adam Sandler either, but he was good in Spanglish. Cloris Leachman plays his mother in law - she was hilarious. The other leads are by ppl I've not heard of before. Also good movie to watch w/ DS.

Wabby
04-13-2005, 12:55 PM
OK. The sun went down. The sun came up. No one has posted. I'm talking to myself. When I weighed this morning - SURPRISE!!! - I've gained more weight. I'm officially up 10 whole pounds as of today. I'm gonna getta grip. Soon. I think my problem is that I think everything has to be all or nothing. Even w/ cleaning my house, it's either completely gone to h*ll or spotless. I need to do just a little bit all the time, instead of a marathon once a week. Baby steps.

This talking to myself is getting old - the rest of youse cows roll outta the hay and meet in the pasture.

Cowpernia
04-13-2005, 01:15 PM
I am here waiting for more movie reviews. Has that Canadian boysinger with curls not made a movie yet?

Also, I am exhausted. Tired. Working nights twice this week has been too much.

Here is my information about gmail. Pictures come already open it as thumbnails and you click to enlarge. It's faster and easier.

Wabby, how do we get this grip?

Eff

Wabby
04-13-2005, 03:16 PM
Do they have to be new movies? Have you ever seen This Boy's Life? Excellent movie, starring Leo Dicaprio when he was a newbie. Also Ellen Barkin & Robert DeNiro. All single women should watch it. And probably all married women. How about Where the Heart Is, starring Ashley Judd and that adorable Natalie Portman? If you like suspense movies how about Mystic River w/ Shawn Penn, & Kevin Bacon?

Kiwonk
04-13-2005, 05:10 PM
Oh yes, Mystic River was excellent. What's that one set in the fifties about a housewife who befriends the black gardener? That was an awesome film.

Where the Heart Is was another of my favorite movies. A great spoof on MalWart, and a sweet film at the same time.

PainterWoman
04-14-2005, 02:20 AM
Tuscany would be lovely, but so would the Fjords or Provence... Wine/ Scotch/Irish Whisky/mineral water....

what I really want is hips that fit into the airplane seats, unshakeable confidence and a post tax bank account in the black without any credit card bills.

So far the mini0-meals plan is working well. I'm sleepy tonight, even after a post work nap (!)..

I don't have any news. The Nutritionist told me not to weigh... so I'm not. That's a relief. Nothing is tighter... but on the other hand, no clothes have fallen off, either. I'll keep you posted.
Hope you have a great Thursday.

Wabby
04-14-2005, 12:42 PM
Kiwi, are you talking about Far From Heaven? Good movie.

Wabby
04-14-2005, 02:57 PM
Painty, do you like your nutritionist? I went to one for awhile, but she annoyed me - what exactly does your person do for you? Does she ever talk about the underlying reasons for overeating or is it just "eat broccoli and broiled chicken and report back to me"?

Word on the post tax bank account in the black. This is also my week to fund employee retirement accounts. argh.

Friends stopped by yesterday evening and yes, the house was a mess again. DS's cookie making mess and dog hair dust bunnies. I just wish ppl would show up after I clean just once in my life.

Bagzz
04-14-2005, 05:47 PM
SPEAKING OF MESSY HOUSES!!!-- it is shocking what a dump this place is now that i am never here--you would think it would be CLEANER but NO-----i am too tired to "keep up" and so i don't and dh!!! for gawd's sake!!! is no help---when i have those girls here all summer it will be a disaster! i am so tired i don't even CARE what a dump it is!!!!

Wabby
04-14-2005, 06:47 PM
DH's sister just stopped by to give me an invitation to a "commitment ceremony" that she and her bf are having on Saturday. She can't get divorced because she would have to pay spousal support to her estranged husband because he's a deadbeat who didn't work for the 17 years they were together. So she can't get married, but somehow she cooked up the "commitment ceremony" plan instead. What do you think? I suppose we have to go because it's DH's sister, but I think this is just screwy. Why not just continue to live in sin? Am I supposed to give a "commitment" gift, or should we just commit her?

It comforts me to hear that your house is a mess, too, Bagzie. I've even considered signing up at the Flybat.

Kiwonk
04-14-2005, 07:03 PM
... but on the other hand, no clothes have fallen off, either. I'll keep you posted.Please do let us know when that happens. It sounds like an event! ;)

Yes, Far From Heaven, that's the one. I loved the way they filmed it in a kind of slightly unreal atmosphere; it was beautiful.

My doctor keeps telling me to go to a nutritionist. I don't wanna. I think it's because I have a good friend who is a dietitian--isn't it hard to take something seriously when you know really well someone who does it? Or is that just me and my medical phobia? (Brought on of course by some childhood rejection trauma from having a doctor father who left when I was 4?)

Bagz, you seriously must get those girls on a chore schedule or something. I'll bet they'll all want to work in the shop. Maybe you'll have the whole summer off. :lol:

We went to a lovely concert last night. All school stuff of course (what else do we do?) The final concert for the high school and middle show choirs, jazz choir, and also the jazz bands. I'll send out a few pics. They will not be very good, because my camera doesn't do well indoors at a distance, but you can see the crazy costume DD wore.

I am finalizing plans for our trip to NY and Boston next week. At probably 4 of the schools DD is looking at, she will be sitting in on classes, which means DH and I will be wandering around looking dopy I guess.

TPBM has suggestions for how we can make ourselves useful while DD is in classes

Kiwi

Kiwonk
04-14-2005, 07:15 PM
What an awkward event--I can't imagine what the gift protocol would be! People who don't know them very well will probably think this is a gay wedding. :lol:

Cowpernia
04-14-2005, 08:35 PM
False. I would just sit in the car and wait.

DS told me yesterday that he's going to the prom which is Saturday so today I hauled him into the tux rental store where he picked out the most basic everything and tried to get away with saying "I don't need a vest." "I don't need shoes." "I don't need a tie." He gets them all and I hope they fit as SHE said he needed a size 26 pants. I said 29. She said 26. Her boss said 29 because there is no 26. So they'll fall off.

She asked him if he was going with a girl. "Sort of." Do you need to match her? "No. That's ok."

So out of the store I said, "I must ask how this girl is sort of getting to the prom. Are you sort of supposed to take her?" No.

"Should you sort of bring a flower-thing?" No.

End of discussion. I can't bear FlyPower. Isn't there someplace kinder? Where is Lush hanging out? I know she'll not tell us as she wants her privacy. But there must be other places.

Bagz, are all dhs so ... imperfect? I was thinking of the dh of my coworker who is a major and bossy and all that. He saw some pink ribbons on a vehicle and said, "What is that? Are they making fun of the military?"

TPBM thinks I should get ds a flower-thing for his lapel.

Kiwonk
04-14-2005, 11:52 PM
Heck no -- you should call the sort of girl's mother and conspire about flowers and transportation. Or if you can't quite manage that, you should buy DS a lovely wrist corsage, which I trust he will give the girl. If you get a pin on one, he might just ditch it so he won't have to pin it on her.

Or not.

DD's prom date's mother and I have been conspiring for weeks. She is matching his cumberband to DD's dress. Because I gave her some preview pics of her dress. :s: Which DD doesn't know about. I'm just a meddling mom. I also plan to insist that he pick her up, which he will if I ask him to (DD probably will object), because he is the politest boy I've ever met. Of course this is not really a "date" either, because they are just friends. :rolleyes:

I will not be sitting in the car next week. Especially at Columbia, since the car will be 25 miles away. I'm hoping DH will be up to asking people questions, because I hate doing that, and DD is not big on accosting strangers with questions either. If DH is feeling okay (he's still really tired from his surgery, but back to work : :cheer: ), he's pretty good at talking to people he doesn't know.

I still get Motivated Moms emails -- not much discussion, but they tell you what to do every day (not that I ever do it). It's for people who hate thinking. And you know, Cherry has a very friendly Messies website. I haven't gotten a newsletter from her for many months, but I'll bet she still has the forum going.

You know, Wabbit, they have commitment ceremonies around here every spring -- when you bury the people that died when the ground was too frozen to dig up? Oh wait, that's interment....
Never mind. :o

TPBM has kids that actually dated in high school, unlike the current junior class, which "does stuff".

Kiwi

PainterWoman
04-15-2005, 03:32 AM
True. but only my shy son dated. He had the gumption to ask girls out.... and double dated with his step brother. His "flings" were gorgeous girls... but the serious ones were usually semi-goth or at least alternative. My daughter had mad crushes, but was apparently the "girl next door:/sister type... don't know whether that was a result of HER pudginess or just huge boobs. I can see how she might have been intimidating to little 9th graders.

I hope the committed ones have checked up on the possibility of being bigamists due to common-law marriage regulations....

I like my nutritionist. She explained the American Diabetic Association exchange plan (which I actually already knew) and started me on that with a food journal. Actually, it "worked" fine as long as I could do it. Vacation to a hoity toity hotel in Chicago was my undoing. I got used to having dessert. Every day. Dinner AND lunch usually.... She has more alternatives than a single diet plan... like her encouragement to do "mini meals" rather than count exchanges.....

She apparently had her own eating disorder (anorexic/exercise etc) and sees it as the opposite end of the same spectrum as where I am... so she doesn't come across as holier than thou.... And she never ever scolds. THAT is worth everything.

I recall that DD refused to engage in any conversations with college folks when I was present. I don't know that she would have been different with her Dad or her step-mom present. She sort of intuited what she thought and felt. Of course, she listened pretty closely when I asked questions..... which I did plenty of....

She looked at the Boston schools... decided they were toooooo citified... which is why she really liked Mt. Holyoke. I think a coed school might have been better... but apparently Amherst didn't have the subjects she wanted and Emerson (?) was too odd. I think she would have liked UMass... Amherst, although it is pretty big and perhaps not so well known that Dad would have liked paying out of state tuition. He teaches as Merrimac north of Boston... apparently a nice little liberal arts college...

I kept hoping one of my kids would like Cornell AND be accepted. BEAUTIFUL!!

What is Motivated Moms?
Did you hear about that @#$%'d 911 operator here in Texas who wondered if the mom who called the Police on her 12 year old wanted them to shoot her? Now I understand that police don't understand that parents don't have "control" over their adolescents... but on the other hand, many police are about 20 years old and haven't had kids or even lasting relationships... and some of the older ones have instilled discipline with a rather heavy hand. Poor Mom... I wish there WAS a SuperNanny 911. Hmmm. How would you start THAT business without massive liability insurance premiums?!

Has anybody finished Mermaid Chair? The Art of Mending?
I'm about to start Runs with Scissors.....

TPBM mostly reads The Star.

Cowpernia
04-15-2005, 08:21 AM
I read World Weekly News. DS likes to keep up with Batboy.

I have read Runs with Scissors.

Kiw, I can't call the mom because I sort of don't know the girl's name or even if there realllllly is a girl. I should just be happy that he's going. I'll be happy if the tux fits.

My interview is today. Everyone hold your breath.

I also don't know what Motivated Mom (is that the name?) is. Tell us.

TPBM has seen the tv show The Red Dwarf. British I'd guess.

Wabby
04-15-2005, 01:13 PM
No I haven't. If it's not on the history channel, I wouldn't see it. DH hogs the remote. Did I tell you the one dwarf guy I went to high school with now works at my grocery store? He talks about his kids and wife who was in the army, who was discharged a couple years ago. I have a strange desire to know if she's "average" height. Not that it matters or is any of my business, it's just one of those things you wonder about when standing in the check out line.

Painty, do you think a good dietician can cure "food insanity". I think that's the disease I have.

I'm not interested in Motivated Mom, as my children are grown, I'm looking for the Adequate Adult group. How about "Able to Drag Your Depressed *ss Outa Bed Group"?

When my DD was in hi skool she went to the prom with her "group" of friends. A group of about 10 kids went together, no particular couples.

I have a candle party to go to tonight. As a general policy, I don't go to parties in which I'm expected to purchase stuff, but my sister is serving chocolate silk pie.

Good luck w/ the interview, Peach. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Cowpernia
04-15-2005, 01:36 PM
Thank you Wabbo. I'm just popping by to let you know that we have a dwarf guy and his first wife was short but but short. His second wife is quite large.

I don't feel well. Must not let this show at interview.

Kiwonk
04-15-2005, 06:43 PM
I'm not interested in Motivated Mom, as my children are grown.You don't have to have little kids at home, only a few of the chores are about kids.

Here's the MM website (http://http://www.motivatedmoms.com/)

I hope your interview went well, Peachie. Hope it was peachy. And productive. What sort of job is it?

MMM chocolate silk pie. How many weeks' worth of exchanges would that be...? Chocolate should have its own category anyway, as it's obviously beneficial in ways that broccoli is not.

Cornell would be nice. I think it's too far from NYC for DD. :shrug: I suspect Vassar and Bard are going to be viewed as too far too. I hear Vassar has an absolutely beautiful campus. I'll be taking pictures; I have an extra memory card--I believe I can take almost 300 photos before running out of space.

We were going to tour Emerson, but couldn't get an appt. So we'll just go visit on our own. Might be hard to tell just how odd it is without a tour guide. :lol:

ta

Let us know how the interview went, Cowp.

TPBM is jealous of my sunny cool weather.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
04-15-2005, 06:53 PM
The interview went well but it's not over. They are still accepting resumes. It's at the newspaper .. the real one. He said he wanted reporters who will go out and find news. I opened my purse and handed him a flyer I'd picked up about a youth group in the area that's state funded or federaly funded. He said he wanted references if the search points to me. I got back, called people to get their ok and emailed them right back. I am FIGHTING for this job.

DS has been nominated for "prince" of the prom. He has not told me. I called the school to see if someone would help me figure out about this "date." There is no date .. just friends. He will get a medallion for the nomination but will I see it????

Where is my Bagzie???

Kiwonk
04-16-2005, 02:18 PM
Prince de Prom! Oo la la! My nephew was one of those last year. He and his friends went out and bought black leather jackets to wear with their suits instead of tuxes. Sounds weird, but it worked. I guess you will have to give in to the date-less society and get a boutonniere (I looked that up, that really is the way you spell it) for DS and call it good. Too bad, I wanted him to give flowers to some fetching lass. I live in a fantasy world.

Tomorrow we are leaving for a week. I am not packed. I have to print out reams of directions and maps. So here I sit, answering email and hanging out here. I was up until 3 am putting together a videotape for DD's friends who had called and asked her if she had the show choir performance on tape. Actually her prom date and his family. They are going to visit relatives and wanted to show them the kids' performances. So of course I jumped right in there and volunteered. It took me 4 hours to perfect 40 minutes of tape. I added several other performances from the past 2 years. They will love it. I will not be ready to leave tomorrow.

This newpaper job -- it's not freelance, is it? Sounds challenging. Would be nice to work for the big guys.

Gotta go map.

TPBM thinks I wrote nap, and is in total agreement.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
04-16-2005, 11:00 PM
DS is at the prom and he is GORGEOUS> I wouldn't have thought. It all came together soooo well. I went out this a.m. and bought 1/2 dozen red roses to put one in his buttonhole. On the way out, he picked up a second rose which is mean for ..... I'll never know. Not as pretty as girls in green dresses but he could make me swoon. If he weren't my kid and a century younger.

Not freelance. He wanted to know all the places I've lived. Do you think they do a criminal background check? Can he find out my maiden name without asking?

PainterWoman
04-17-2005, 12:38 PM
Peaches-- I often had palpitations over my DS and several of his friends. I think it is because I forgot to have my OWN adolescence, so I am redoing it (over and over) every decade. I can SO understand why women of a certain age go nuts over youthful media stars. :cool: Hope your DS came home happy and proud... and sober enough!
I have a friend who works for the Sacramento Business Journal. I don't know if theres a Business Journal in your area, but let me know if you want to contact her. Turns out she comes from a long lineage of writers, but is too modest to drop names. That's probably why I like her so much. Have you been writing any stories lately? Write yourself to a happy ending. I have my fingers crossed for you.

Kiwi-- I do hope you are taking laptop or email addresses with you as well as SPF lotion and a good book. Are you boating for your week away?
You'll probably be able to tell how weird the campus at Emerson is... just go sit in the co-op or primary student lounge and eavesdrop!!!

Wabbs--- a book that was pretty helpful (i.e., not totally!!) was this book (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0898621798/qid=1113751684/sr=8-1/ref=pd_csp_1/002-2572634-4904829?v=glance&s=books&n=507846) The nutritionist has made some offhanded comments about how certain simple carbs "make" you want to eat more. I totally agree that certain foods can set off a binge.Of course those are usually the ones easiest to grab, most highly processed and most laden with fat (saturated, trans'd or not) and sugar.

I also skimmed the new Discover magazine yesterday at Fry's (DH was having some techie cravings of his own). It reported on preliminary research saying that minor hormone/chemical imbalances can trigger depression. Chromium, magnesium, folic acid and a particular kind of sugar were seen as useful for alleviating depression. I think it is interesting that those chemicals are often touted for weight loss as well.

Yesterday I walked and DH went with me. Hoooray!! And then I planted a tree and pulled weeds. I am feeling very virtuous-- but unfortunately it doesn't mean my to do list is noticeably shorter.

Gotta get going on my water quota and see if DH is ever going to get out of bed. Of course, I can play freely when he's asleep :lol:

:moo: :moo: :moo:
Here's a meme for your entertainment, with my answers....
* 1. YOUR PORN STAR NAME: (Name of first pet / Street you live on):Pierre San Miguel
* 2. YOUR MOVIE STAR NAME: (Name of your favorite snack food / Grandfather's first name):Twix Emil
* 3. YOUR FASHION DESIGNER NAME: (First word you see on your left / Favorite restaurant):Mother El Norte
* 4. EXOTIC FOREIGNER ALIAS: (Favorite Spice / Last Foreign Vacation Spot):Cinnamon Scotland
* 5. SOCIALITE ALIAS: (Silliest Childhood Nickname / Town Where You First Partied):Snigglefritz Claremont
* 6. "FLY GIRL/BOY" ALIAS (a la J. Lo): (First Initial / First Two or Three Letters of your Last Name):D.Whi (Why?)
* 7. ICON ALIAS: (Something Sweet Within Sight / Any Liquid in Your Kitchen):Creme Saver Molasses
* 8. DETECTIVE ALIAS: (Favorite Baby Animal / Where You Went to High School):Cria John Muir
* 9. BARFLY ALIAS: (Last Snack Food You Ate / Your Favorite Alcoholic Drink):Almonds Drambuie
* 10. SOAP OPERA ALIAS: (Middle Name / Street Where You First Lived):Whitney San Miguel
* 11. ROCK STAR ALIAS: (Favorite Candy / Last Name Of Favorite Musician):KitKat Sting (Sounds like a stripper...)
* 12. YOUR STAR WARS NAME: ( First 2 letters of your first name and the first 3 Letters from your last name makes your first name. Take the first 2 letters of your mother's maiden name and the first 3 letters of the city you were born in):Dawhi Hapas (See, that wasn't so bad :)

I think Creme Saver Molasses sounds more pornographic than Pierre San Miguel. P SM sounds like a high rolling gambler in Monaco.

Bagzz
04-17-2005, 03:27 PM
hello you young spring cows!!! SWOONING OVER YOUTHFUL MEN IS MY FORTE!!!---Kalaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnn!!!! PEACHERS ----WE INSIST ON A PICTURE OF DS IN FORMAL WEAR---MY DD NEEDS TO SEE IT!!!! PRONTO MONTO!!!--- today i have been into the shop {it's closed on sunday}--PAINTING THE FLOOR THE SHADE OF 'EGGPLANT" AUBERGINE,PLUM WHAT EVER!!!!

Cowpernia
04-17-2005, 05:03 PM
I dont' have digital so I got to take more pictures on the roll. They .. someone .. took pictures at the prom. I want those.

My porn name is Blackie County Highway 1083.

Movie star: Heath Bar George.

Designer: Facts Ali Baba

Cinnamon Paris

Well, I never partied. I will stick with my porn name. So unique.

SugP
04-17-2005, 05:42 PM
my answers....
1. PORN STAR NAME: Tina Maria auf dem Gipsberg
4. EXOTIC FOREIGNER ALIAS: Ginger Vancouver
6. "FLY GIRL/BOY" ALIAS (a la J. Lo): C. Me
8. DETECTIVE ALIAS: Tiger Crofton
10. SOAP OPERA ALIAS: Andrea Keith
12. YOUR STAR WARS NAME: Chmes Hewvan

Well, that was weird.

In other news: Sugar went to church!! And ate snacks! Many snacks. Details on Monday.

I want to see the Peach Boy in his tux!!

Bagzz
04-17-2005, 08:00 PM
we have ordered up the boy in the tux---we remain in waiting for the photo----also we await kiwonks first stop at the internet cafe to keep us posted---she wouldn't dare forget us!!!-remember when Lushie used to travel all over every summer and post to us from the campgrounds----SHE TALKED TO US MORE WHEN SHE WAS A WORLD TRAVELLER---I HOPE SHE READS THIS AND HEARS THAT I WANT TO GIVE HER A BOOT IN THE ARSE FOR DESERTING HER CHEESESTEAK BUDDIES!!!!!!!!!!! DORITOS RULE!!!!

Cowpernia
04-18-2005, 01:07 PM
Did I mention that DS sawed into his thumb before the prom and has three stitches in it?

He's supposed to be on antibiotics every six hours but he went to school without them and without his house key so I have to leave work early, fetch him and take him home. How I hate that!! Oooh Poor me.

DS is going to learn Japanese in Minnesota this summer. Four weeks. One year high school credit.

DixieAmazon
04-18-2005, 01:48 PM
I'm baaack!

Here is a short summary of why I have been gone. Dr. said I was not ovulating. Went on the South Beach Diet and lost 30 pounds. Got pregnant and had a miscarriage. Gained back all of my weight plus about 25 more. :dizzy:

Now I am finally ready to at least talk about dieting again. I gotta get off the computer now and go work in my garden.

SugP
04-18-2005, 03:55 PM
Cookie! Somehow you always make it back. So sorry about your loss. :( Did we know about this before? Or was that with dh and the heart thing? How are your ds's? Don't worry about the weight. I'm fatter than I've even been and I still post here.

So anyway, yesterday was dh's goddaughter's confirmation so we had to get all tarted up and go to church for an hour and a half. Each family was assigned a pew for parents, godparents etc with and extra chair in the outside aisle in case things got too snug. A small ruckus occured when some strange woman was sitting in the chair that belonged to OUR row and we were expected to cram ourselves in there. She absolutely postively refused to move and there were dirty looks all around. Love thy neighbour? I don't think so. After the service we got sit around with Tante Erika and Onkel Wilfried and all the country bumpkin cousins and have lunch and cake and coffee. Vegetarian lasagne, pork tenderloin in gorgonzola sauce atop baby spinach, cheese platter, chocolate mousse,Black Forest cake, etc etc ETC. You can imagine how much I weigh today. The little girl, who is now 14, is very sweet. I can remember holding her at her christening when she was 5 months old and now she's a young lady. She raked in lots of dough and wants to use it to buy a laptop. Smart girl.

Due to those three cups of coffee, for which I have no one to blame but my stupid self, I hardly slept a wink last night and am bagged today BUT I slogged my way through Leslie after dinner to make up for yesterdays sins. Would be nice to see a little weight loss to go with the exercise.

DixieAmazon
04-18-2005, 06:57 PM
Sugar Pea, I need to lose 92 more pounds. I got up to 275 the first of the year. I checked my old posts and y'all didn't know about my miscarriage.

The boys are doing well they are 11, 10 and 7 now. We are driving into New Orleans Tuesday to take my youngest to Children's Hospital. He has tremors in his hands. His CAT scan looked good but we are taking him to a child neurologist to make sure it is nothing major.

Actually things are going pretty overall. The caterpillars we have every spring on the oak trees are horrible this year but the yard looks great!

Glad to be back!

Wabby
04-18-2005, 08:12 PM
Hey Cookie! Good to see you back here. Sounds like you've had a rough bit to handle. I'm sorry. And don't worry about the weight - this is always a good place to be, no matter what we weigh.

Sugar, how is that Leslie? Has she asked where I've been? Isn't it something how kids grow up? My nephew was a newborn when DH & I first started dating. Now he's over 30. eek.

We went to the hillbilly event of the century on Saturday. Remember, it was the non-wedding? Well, they got non-married with a red-necked preacher and everything. He talked alot about Lucifer, damnation, and fornication. Grandpa Jim gave her away to her non-groom. They had non-bridesmaids and groomsmen, a faux flower girl and ring bearer and afterwards they cut the non-wedding cake. The father of the groom wore a red and black plaid flannel shirt w/ 3 week worn jeans and muddy boots. At the reception we listened to some really terrible karaoke music. We had a surprisingly good time. Those hillbillies know how par-tay!!!! :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb:

Cowper, how will that boy survive when he goes away for school? I didn't know they spoke Japanese in Minnsota.

The sun is out here. It makes me want to eat fresh tomatoes, potato salad and fried zuchini. Notice how everything relates to food for me? :hungry:

Bagzz
04-18-2005, 10:48 PM
COOOOOkie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so good to hear from you again---so sorry to hear about your recent loss.Hope you and your family are healing and also glad to hear your son's catscan looks good------ and of course we all lament endlessly about our 'weight' but solving the problem is not on the agenda too much!!! hope you will find time to post as we are looosing alot of our OLD people {not mentioning any names LUSHBOT!!!!!}speaking of learning japanese---------oooooooooh sushi!!!---we went to the new sushi restaurant in town---a cute young jampanese couple own it and they were SWEET----i told the girl---I don't want anything "raw"---she said "i know"----i said "i'm sure you hear that alot in this town!!"===it really is just a japanese restaurant,that sells sushi but it was DEEE lishious----we had chicken teriackkkky and some kind of non-raw sushi rolls-----i had to ask for a fork of course cause i am too old to learn chopsticks=-==========you guys are makin g me hungry with your black forest cake talk and wedding cake@!!!i have "book club" tomorrow night and i am not even half done the book---it's called "Right as Rain"---kind of boring but no way will i finish without skimmmming----that's what i will do right now!!! LOVE ALL YOU TANKS!!!!XOXOXOXO

Cowpernia
04-19-2005, 12:42 PM
Hi Cookie. What'd you bring us?

This is in today's paper: Yahoo has supercookies watching us all. Here's how to opt out. Go to privacy.yahoo.com/privacy/us scroll down to the cookies section and hit "web beacons" then scroll down to "opt out." You got to do it on every computer you use.

See youse later.

SugP
04-19-2005, 02:23 PM
Bagzie!! Whaddya think about yer new German Pope? This should be interesting.

Must go do that cookie thing. Thanks, Peachy!

Tuesdays just suck the life out of me. I think I'll clean up my kitchen, watch Desperate Housewives and go to bed. Can someone please come over and do my laundry?

Cowpernia
04-19-2005, 02:25 PM
I was just rushing over to congratulate you on your popiness, Sugar. Nowwww, will you go to church? What more do they have to do?

I could be on Desperate Working Women.

DixieAmazon
04-19-2005, 03:41 PM
I brought myself and all the stuff I can't have on the South Beach Diet. LOL

So where is Lushy running off to? I am on dial-up and too lazy to read all the posts. :dz:

My two oldest have a baseball game this afternoon (Yippie! they are on the same team this year.) and I need to make sure all their gear is where I told them to put it. Not very likely, but I can hope.

Cowpernia
04-19-2005, 03:45 PM
Are you losing on South Beach? Have you lost? Will it work for me?

Lush, unfortunately, had enough of eggshell and oatmeal and was caught red-handed with a brighter shade of paint and no sales receipt. She should be out anyday.

DixieAmazon
04-19-2005, 04:14 PM
Losing my sanity, what else is new? I've lost 8 pounds so far on phase 2 in 5 weeks. I just couldn't stand the thought of Phase 1. Just started Phase 1 today. Just doing things backwards!

Cowpernia
04-19-2005, 04:18 PM
wow. I'm impressed. Maybe I'll take another look at it. What are you eating? Can you make me a plan?

DixieAmazon
04-19-2005, 04:29 PM
Make you a plan? I can barely manage my own! The book just came out as a mass market paperback today.

Check the forums here too, I am sure they will hold your hand and lead you down the SBD path. :dancer:
It is low carb for 2 weeks and then you gradually add some carbs back.

TTFN

Kiwonk
04-19-2005, 04:50 PM
Kiwi-- I do hope you are taking laptop or email addresses with you as well as SPF lotion and a good book. Are you boating for your week away?

It reported on preliminary research saying that minor hormone/chemical imbalances can trigger depression.
No, we are not sailing to the colleges. Although with the first two, we could have. Except it would have taken a week to get down here to NYC.

Don't have a laptop, so I'm sitting in the student center at Barnard stealing some time on a public computer. Wish you'd mentioned the SPF before I left; already have a sunburn from yesterday's long day at Columbia.

Hormones kicked in yesterday and nearly caused a divorce. Oh my poor dd, stuck in the middle as we try not to totally fight in front of her but she ain't blind for heaven's sake!

This was too much fun to pass up--

* 1. YOUR PORN STAR NAME: Pride Brownville :no: Let's go with Frisky Brownville
* 2. YOUR MOVIE STAR NAME: Twix Emil :lol: I love that! Mine is Dorito Louis
* 3. YOUR FASHION DESIGNER NAME: Jelly Bean Giacomo -- swear to god
* 4. EXOTIC FOREIGNER ALIAS: Cinnamon Scotland oo! good one! Cumin Ensenada
* 5. SOCIALITE ALIAS: CaCa Somerville (fudging that just a little, didn't think "Blowing Rock" made a good last name...)
* 6. "FLY GIRL/BOY" ALIAS (a la J. Lo): K. Cro
* 7. ICON ALIAS: Muffin Windex
* 8. DETECTIVE ALIAS: Kitten and Puppy Myers Park (it's a team)
* 9. BARFLY ALIAS: Chips Michelob
* 10. SOAP OPERA ALIAS: Wilson Cypress
* 11. ROCK STAR ALIAS: Reese Crosby (sorry, can't help my bias)
* 12. YOUR STAR WARS NAME: Kacro Wesal

Now I have to go retrieve my dd from the class she went to (she either went to a first year seminar called "Mortals, Creatures, Subjects" or Intermediate French). Will try to get back later in the week!

Kiwi

Kiwonk
04-19-2005, 04:52 PM
Cookie!?! How come people reappear when I disappear? I have only read the messages from Saturday and this last one, so don't know yet what's going on, but hi babe, good to hear from you!

Wabby
04-19-2005, 06:00 PM
One of the guys here at work has lost 20 lbs. on South Beach. He now weighs exactly what I do. Why am I fat and he's skinny? I sure as h*ll didn't tell him that we weighed the same. I'm starting to think he getting a little anorexic. He's short, but not that short. He really didn't need to lose weight, he just went along with it to support his wife. Isn't this a dumb reason to diet?

Nothing like a road trip to trigger divorce.

I'm out of the loop. I need to go read about the new pope.

Cowpernia
04-19-2005, 06:01 PM
The new pope likes to eat pork and drink beer.

Wabby
04-19-2005, 08:21 PM
I'm taking tomorrow off. I'm going to plant a new clematis. I'm going to haul some more rocks for my pond. I'm going to transplant some astilbe. I'm going to be hurting on thursday. It's supposed to be a beautiful sunny spring day tomorrow. Can't wait.

DH took today off and went fishing. He caught a salmon. I hope he has it cooked by the time I get home.

Toodles, cows. See yas thursday.

PainterWoman
04-20-2005, 04:29 AM
Cookie-- I think we only met briefly...I'm sorry about your loss... and re-gain. DH and I were talking about how we both eat for solace and comfort and even entertainment... And since it's our 2nd marriage we know better than to nag each other... but it is still hard.
Glad you are back -- I covet your avatar!

Wabby-- I think Clematis sounds like a disease. There's a knitted scarf pattern that also sounds "unclean": Clapotis (it's French, so the "s" is silent).

Kiwi/Chips Michelob!! Hope your sunburn retreats and that you enjoy the colleges. My alma mater has a free screen saver (http://www.scrippscollege.edu/saver.html). I wish I'd been smart enough to appreciate the beautiful campus (and friendly profs) when I was there.

Cowie-- DS will have a blast with Japanese. If he wants to e-mail or IM my son, who went to Japanese camp there for 6 years and was a camp cook/counselor for 2 more... let me know.... Be sure to get the strongest mosquito repellant you can find!!! Mori No Ike (http://clvweb.cord.edu/japanese/dent2/) rocks!
How is job interview process?

I need to go to bed. Maybe I can catch up during the DAY on Thursday.
Be well.

DixieAmazon
04-20-2005, 09:19 AM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome back.

Painter Woman I made you an avatar. (I respond to flattery ;) )
Painter Cow (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/Dixie_Amazon/cowpaint.jpg)
Right click the image and save it to your computer if you like it.

Cowpernia
04-20-2005, 01:01 PM
I am going to start a new thread.