Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 10:27 AM   #1  
Canadian Chick

Default Winter Wednesday Thursday

Back in a sec to post
Old 03-23-2005, 10:34 AM   #2  
Canadian Chick

Hey all, I had a horrible day yesterday. At work I got attacked by a fern. It embedded three huge thorns into my hand. I bled all over and of course there was no around to help me. I managed to get the thorns out and was in lots of pain. I bandaged myself up and then proceeded to treat my client. During the treatment I felt my hand swelling and I fought the urge to vomit and became faint and was shaking really badly. I wasn't sure if I was in shock or if I was having an allergic reaction. I made it through the treatment only because the client needed a ton of neck work and I was able to sit for half the treatment. I came out of my room and my coworker took one look at me and made me sit down. I was going to take an antihistamine but somehow I managed to use up my purse supply and not refill it. Argh. I phoned home to tell my DH to come get me but he couldn't for another hour so I struggled through one more client, feeling worse and worse. When DH came he brought me an antihistamine and took me home. I felt bad cancelling on my clients but it couldn't be helped. We thought we'd see if the antihistamine worked before going to emerg. Anyway it did finally help-the rash on my neck stopped itching and the shaking and nausea stopped. I've been icing my hand and the swelling has gone down a bit. I am totally wiped today and still have a big headache. I have a really full work day this afternoon and hopefully my hand will hold up. Who knew I was allergic to asparagus fern? I have way too many allergies! Genetic so what can a girl do. Anyway after today I am off until next Tuesday! Yeehaa five days off in a row. My brother & Mom are coming up for Easter. Well my brother is already here because his GF has her first ultrasound today. We might run out to a mineral spa one day depending on the highways. It would be nice. I am tired of all this snow we're getting. They said in the last few days we've gotten around 17cm of snow! Enough already! I'm ready for spring! Eatingwise was crap yesterday. I even had hawkins cheezies! I haven't had those in years. I just felt like I really needed something salty after my fern adventure. Weird b/c I don't ever eat salt if I can help it. I usually hate it. Today will be better. I am having some healthy chili for lunch - yum. Perfect for our wintery day.

Lori, Your house is really cute. I like those rooms with the slanty ceiling. So sorry to hear about your friend. What a hard thing.

Hope you are all having a great day today. Talk to you all later!
Old 03-23-2005, 01:25 PM   #3  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies
Its a crummy day here too I binged last night Lasagna go figure. today is just a fest of badness.
Rina I'm sorry about your hand lady! thats so Odd
I'm goign to an allergist on Monday for my worsening Asthma.
Lori I'm goign to look at your house when I get home tonight!
Gotta run
I AM NOT GIVING IN TO POPTARTS (stressfood)
Old 03-23-2005, 02:22 PM   #4  
Eve's Mom

Cold and snowy here too!

Sorry to hear you were attacked by a potentially killer fern!! Yikes. You should have benedryl with you at all times lady. That'll hold you over til you get to emerg should ou have anaphlaxis again!!

Kier - you must be reacting to something - did you paint or something?

I have been in the field for the past week. Yesterday and the day before I drove for 8 hours. I am exhausted!! I really need to rest. I don't want to work on the long weekend, hopefully I can take it off!

Well, I have to run, I'll catch up on my posts. But again - Congrats to Ali on your engagement!! So exciting!
Old 03-23-2005, 07:24 PM   #5  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Belle I had acute Bronchitis and it decided to stay
Old 03-24-2005, 07:30 AM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default <Insert Rocky Theme song Here>

Morning Ladies!
DH is having some tum trauma so I have a few extra minutes this am
I realized something last night my binging wasn't just because of trigger foods.(I have binged 3 nights in a row) I was letting the neg atmosphere at work really get to me. And out of depression I was shovelling it in. Rather I was shovellign it down. I'm going to try to start nurturing me even in my grey cube farm. After a good Cry and lots of wheezing b/c I had no voice yesterday. I felt better and clearer and I think I'm going to start seeing DH's shrink. Also GYn Next week hopefully to fix my wacked out hormones. Gott run and get my crap together.
Come out and PLAY!
Kierie
Old 03-24-2005, 09:56 AM   #7  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Rina - Ugh I know how you feel. I have tons of allergies too. I've had reactions in the past and we never even figured out what caused them.

Kier - I binged yesterday. I was just really depressed and home by myself, thinking about my friend. DH came home, things got better. I'm not going to do that again though.a

Belle - Do most people get Good Friday off? I don't get it off. Only government holidays. That's what I get for working for the government, I suppose

Haven't taken a shower yet today. Gotta do that next. DH and I are driving up to MA today for our friend's wake. I think we are going to stay over night and hang out with some other friends we haven't seen in a while.

Tomorrow we have tickets to a Providence Bruins game at night. We've been to two others this season. It's a good alternative to not seeing any hockey at all! I haven't played myself this season at all. Not many people to play with.

Saturday I'm hoping to get together with a friend I haven't seen in a couple of years (since he joined the army). He's home until Wednesday, and then he ships out overseas =(

All this plus I really have to read for school. I need to clean the apartment too. So many things, so little time!
Old 03-24-2005, 10:11 AM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Lori Huge Hugs for you lady You have alot on your plate and you're handling it as best as you can
I need to learn to not let things get to me
I decided starting monday I'm going to have a water race with myself 1 cup every hour until I hit 8 I'm going to see if a girl here wants to do it with me or maybe i should just race myself to start.
Back to work
Closed Thread