Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

View Poll Results: Did you plan your baby?
Yes 12 50.00%
No 12 50.00%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-23-2005, 07:26 AM   #1  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Default Did you plan your baby?

Did you plan this pregnancy or your youngest child?
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 08:13 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

I said yes...kind of! With #1, we were planning to TTC in July '02...but I O'd early in April and bam... With #2, we planned to TTC in October '04, but I O'd late in April again...bam! So needless to say, DH is staying away from me in April from now on!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 08:17 AM   #3  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Sara was planned... but Elijah was not... dh and I argued over birth control... neither one of us gave in. We knew the risks - we were just hoping the other would give in. God taught us a lesson!
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 08:36 AM   #4  
Learning to love ME!

My son was planned, and took a lot of effort to conceive (haha!). Who would have thought it was so hard to get pregnant!
Gypsydancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 10:32 AM   #5  

My baby boy was a total shock! Birth control baby!
Inca's Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 12:47 PM   #6  
maintainer wannabe

One was a 5 min plan and one wasn't planned. I was bf and no af for 4 mos. The rest were planned. I wanted an April baby this time but I ended up in surgery instead. Surprises or planned, it certainly doesn't seem to make much difference in the long

Catherine EDD#11 June 24th
hw/sw(pg)/cw/gw
272/258/239/155
mabear's homepage
mabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 04:13 PM   #7  
resident lactivist

I forgot one important little fact about natural family planning: It's also common to ovulate the day after your "fertile" cervical mucous dries up.
GreatBigMonsterMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 09:17 AM   #8  

Height: 5'7"

Ours is planned. We've been 'working' at it since Dec 2004 and here we are!!
hautbois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 09:25 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Planned.. we tried one time! And it worked!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 07:47 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 279/ticker/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi girls,

Congrats to those who are pg!! I just have a question...I know its not healthy to "diet" during pregnancy, but are you ladies continuing your eating programs and exercising while pg....are you still losing weight?? I ask because hubby and I want to start trying for a baby in August, but I wont be at goal weight by then...want to continue my exercising and eating while pg and just wondering what the outcome is??
Thanks!
Britt
xxxx
plumptobump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 09:07 PM   #11  
maintainer wannabe

Hi Britt

I'm not trying to lose weight but maintain. I only started on this journey after I got pg. Normally I lose about 20 lbs the first 20 weeks because of morning sickness then I gain 35. I'm trying to think of it as losing 35 lbs since I'm not going to gain it. At my weight most people seem to agree that I shouldn't gain more than 15 lbs. As long as the baby continues to grow fine my dr is happy with what I'm doing. I'm actually losing but very slowly so bumping up my cals.

Eating healthy and exercising is good for everyone including us pg ladies.

Good Luck!

Catherine EDD#11 June 24th
hw/sw(pg)/cw/gw
272/258/239/155
mabear's homepage
mabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 02:06 AM   #12  
resident lactivist

It all depends on the person and the pregnancy, Britt.

I categorically refuse to worry about my weight while I am pregnant. I use it as a time to practice eating to hunger, & IMO that's an incredibly important skill for real life. I tend to follow a pattern of losing the first trimester, maintaining the second (or part of it at least), & gaining in the third.

You have to keep in mind too that a lot of the weight gain during pregnancy is a phantom. I weighed 242 the day I had my first daughter, but when I went in a week later to get my staples pulled, I weighed 219! (And no, I have no idea why they weighed me before destapling me. ) Trust me, amniotic fluid gives a whole new spin to the term "water weight gain".

ETA: Not all diet programs are safe to continue while pregnant, especially if you've grown accustomed to eating only a little bit. Atkins used to say that NO phase of his program was advisable for pregnant or nursing women, but his company has relaxed that to say Lifetime Maintenance is OK. Definitely something to review with your doctor or midwife.
GreatBigMonsterMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 02:58 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

I am trying to eat healthy but it doesn't matter for me, I am gaining anyway! My biggest problem is that I am not a water drinker and was totally hooked on diet soda.. any diet drink, with aspertame and even food with aspertame, yogurt, snacks etc. My doctor said no, no, no... to aspertame. SO i know where all my calories are coming from!!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 02:55 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 279/ticker/120

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the responses ladies! Its so good hearing from ladies who are already pg and still wanting to ultimately lose weight! I know that the eating plan Im on would be completely healthy to continue during pregnancy, and I plan to not gain anything when we DO get pg! Congrats again!

Britt
xxxx
plumptobump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 08:10 PM   #15  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I didn't discover I was pregnant until I was 2 months into it. Long story short, lots of stress, lots of lost sleep...so I thought being dizzy was due to sleep deprivation and didn't even know when I'd had my last TOM. So I was actually still losing during the first couple of months. But it was getting EXTREMELY difficult. I kept cutting calories more and more. LOL Now I know why. Then when I found out, plus with all the stress, plus a move on top of that, etc. etc....I just stopped even worrying about it for a few weeks and splurged...big time. But for the past week, I've gone back to exercise and eating right. I eat more now, of course. But I'm now eating fruit again instead of cheesecake. I'm not doing as much exercise as I did because I stay tired more often than not now. But I do stick with at least 30 minutes a day about 5 to 6 days a week.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote